Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, lianau said:

Derick mourned his sister-in-law Jubilee , equally weird .

And said Jubilee had the same feet Jill has...even weirder.  

I don't think either of them have  much emotional intelligence, but Derick got a far more normal upbringing than Muffy got, albeit Derick strikes me as being more of a spindly, geeky, awkward looking boy who was very shy around girls. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Derick tweeted about the "peaceful" handover of presidents.  I guess he hasn't read or seen the hundreds of thousands of women (and men) marching in cities all over the world.

Derick is probably too embarrassed to comment on the pink hats and the like. And he know them thar feminists are going to snark on him mercilessly if he dares opine...

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Derick is probably too embarrassed to comment on the pink hats and the like. And he know them thar feminists are going to snark on him mercilessly if he dares opine...

I am waiting to be blocked on twitter.  I said something about voting for a p*ssy grabber just like his bro in law.  HA!  

He seriously said Jill had the same feet as Jubilee's?  They are one VERY strange couple.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Derick tweeted about the "peaceful" handover of presidents.  I guess he hasn't read or seen the hundreds of thousands of women (and men) marching in cities all over the world.

The protests for the most part were peaceful.  It has been relatively peaceful, although I give much of the credit to Obama. 

7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I see much more of a fond relationship between Gwen and Jessa, as well as Diana and Jinger, even though we haven't seen them very much.  I have real hope for the second relationship. Gwen isn't around very much, but it looks like Jinger is spending time with Jeremy's family, and Diana is a great role model!

i think the difference between these two is humility. Jill probably spends lots of time spouting off like she knows everything, but Cathy has lived life and silently disagrees with a lot of things. Jinger seems much more willing to be guided, and like she would be much more respectful of people with life experience. 

Jill is the most devout Duggar of Duggarism. I agree Jessa and Guinn seem closer.   As far as I can tell, Guinn is housewife who has a larger than most family and has kept her kids mostly out of the world (although a little more open than the Duggars.) That  alone would give them more in common. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, louannems said:

He expected riots?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jill is the most devout Duggar of Duggarism.  

Indeed she is!

Being Daddy's favorite and the most ardent Koolaid drinker of the lot...the fall from her high horse is going to be a rude awakening for her. Jill does not do humility...because she's so pious, she's got no clue just how full of shit she is when she starts with her "facts" and statistics. It's really sad.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

And said Jubilee had the same feet Jill has...even weirder.  

I don't think either of them have  much emotional intelligence, but Derick got a far more normal upbringing than Muffy got, albeit Derick strikes me as being more of a spindly, geeky, awkward looking boy who was very shy around girls. 

That's why I don't have any hope of Cathy being some kind of normalizing influencing on Israel or Jill. While plenty of obnoxious assholes arise from nice, normal upbringings (hi, Michelle), I don't think that's the case with Derrick. Cathy might not be as extreme in the day-to-day routine of her life--and she might well disapprove of Jill and Derrick's parenting choices in the way that grandparents the world over  often disapprove their children's parenting--but I have no doubt that her beliefs line up nicely with those of the Duggars, especially post-cancer.* I don't put any stock in the pants wearing or having had a career...plenty of people hold extremism as an ideal that they justify not following to the letter themselves. 

*I wonder how Cathy's husband feels about this. He obviously is not okay with the Duggar dog-and-pony show and refuses to take part, but assuming Cathy did become more openly religiously unhinged  after treatment, that might be taking a toll on their marriage. I'm majorly projecting here, but if my spouse were to become more religious (or more accurately, religious at all), I would not be happy. Like, let-me-start-talking-to-a-divorce-attorney levels of unhappy. 

• Love 8

Cathy raised Derick, but she also raised his brother, who seems very normal.

Derick is an awkward geek looking for some stability and validation. Affiliation with a group with lots of rules and regulations, plus being told he gets some extra manliness by being told he's the authoritative headship, etc. He just chose a religion instead of a fraternity, military, country club, etc. As long as Derick doesn't get mean or abusive about it, being more fundie helps him cope, so good for him.

• Love 3

I admit her the devil and evilness took over, and I was not Godly enough leading to me having cancer spiel bugs the heck out of me. I mean really...I guess family history, environment, diet, other illnesses, etc. etc. have nothing to do with her getting cancer. Add on if I read the bible and help other see the light when it comes to God, I will be cured and the evilness will leave my mind and body, and I want to slap the crap out of her. I am not saying religion and God cannot help a patient become better emotionally and physically, but to base your health on it, and not include the medical establishment gets on my last nerves. I do remember my nitwit in-laws saying God only gives you what he thinks you can handle after my husband was diagnosed with his illness. I wanted to say yes he must think I able to deal with whiny, obnoxious, narcissistic, selfish in-laws without ending up going to the state mental hospital or the women state prison because you are really starting to get on my last nerves, you should consider yourselves lucky. I think this was probably around the time my hormones were starting to go out of whack aka endometrioisis and Graves Disease.

I wonder if Derick thinks some evilness and the Devil has taken over his mind and body. Maybe he was trying to run away from the evilness, but Jill and the rest of the Duggars would not let him escape.

I think Derick was ripe for the picking. He lost his dad, may not enjoy a good relationship with his stepdad and then his beloved mother fell ill, so he was emotionally vulnerable. 

Jim Boob saw a shy, awkward, weak and meek reed that he could easily control. The girl child formerly known as Stage 5 Clinger needed to be married off, so meek reed Derick could feel speshul by marrying into Fundy royalty and finally get laid.  Even if Derick was at one time seemingly mentally and emotionally sound, lugging around his clingy appendage and dealing with the insanity that is Gothardism soon took its toll.  I'd be fit for the asylum after a week at the Tinkertoy house.

I know many people who find their faith very rewarding and they derive a lot of comfort and joy from their faith, but I don't see a lot of joy in Duggarville. I feel for them, because when Leah Remini (after 35 years as a devout Scientologist) had to process the realization that she'd been lied to about so many things, I felt for her, too. Going Fundy lite or SBC would give Jill an easier set of rules to live with and maybe she'd have a bit more joy.  Being part of an insular society or cult, seems to be for nobody's good.  I hope Jill is at least quietly questioning some of these more questionable beliefs and ideas she was indoctrinated with.

• Love 10

Sadly, I doubt Jill is questioning any of it. She is waist deep in the Kool-Aid with fins and a straw. She is in deep denial she has some serious issues herself, let alone her own husband's mental and physical health problems.

I am still waiting for the stepfather to speak up. I am sure he is being silent to keep the peace, but anyone can tell he is not a happy camper when it comes to the precious, amazing, Season of Life, and the almighty Duggars. Five minutes with any of them, and I would be crawling on my hands and knees in the snow and cold to get away from them.

On 1/19/2017 at 6:09 PM, Albanyguy said:

I don't think they'll make any kind of announcement at all, unless they're absolutely forced to. I think the plan is to keep on living where they are, drifting and grifting along and hoping that eventually everyone will forget about Danger America.

So, who's betting me about when the "new Dillard ministry" will be announced? Side bet: What will it be? Will Triple D start making hairstyling videos for men, or will Jilly Muffin get herself a cooking show?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

So, who's betting me about when the "new Dillard ministry" will be announced? Side bet: What will it be? Will Triple D start making hairstyling videos for men, or will Jilly Muffin get herself a cooking show?

Triple D and hairstyling videos? OMG, that would be funny since we know he's neither much into grooming nor personal hygiene for that matter.

They can hook up with Josh/Anna, Jessa/Ben, and Jinger/Jeremy and have their own ministry. JD can be head of security,  Jana can be in charge of administration side of it, all the siblings can go out and use their many skills to help earn money to keep the ministry and the stink bus running, and they can parade Josie in the pro life marches and speeches, and the grandchildren as the investments in God's Army in saving the heathen masses.

2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

No the ministry will be how to raise your children with out doing it yourself.

• Love 2

I wonder what the salad dressings are for? And is Izzy wandering the house in a snowsuit eating pizza? I know it's a me thing but the only picture I recall of them eating together was in a restaurant and they were being filmed.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I am a very bad girl I just donated in her name. Enjoy Jill and no thanks are needed.

Ooh, I donated to PP in Jessa and Ben's names last year. Now it's Jill and Derick's turn, though I'm considering donating to an organization that only aids in abortion services. I'm hoping to make Jill cry.

• Love 5

Ugh, thick crust and overly loaded up pie.  Not pizza.  And Derick champions knowledge, so highly valued in Duggar family:  

Derick Dillard ‏@derick4Him  3h3 hours ago

More

"Apply your heart to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge." -Proverbs 23:12

4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I'm a little surprised Jill could make a pizza crust from scratch. Maybe 'homemade' means 'frozen pizza I baked, at home'?

Homemade to them is taking the DiGiorno pizza out of the freezer and sticking it in the oven.

• Love 1

When I was a little girl, my mom would buy these pizza kits.  Premade dough just had to be rolled out, the little can of premade sauce spread onto the dough, sprinkle on the preshredded cheese, add your own toppings, and voila, I , too, "made" "homemade" pizza!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Notice that Derick hasn't eaten his pizza?

He's got braces...all that string cheese on his braces won't be pretty.  At least the Dillydumdums know that that's gross and would get lots of hate for that.  After all, this is an Internet FU that says.."see, we do so cook!" Aaaaaaaaaand, "Derick eats a lot of calories".  Sorry, Muffy, if somebody's got hyperthyroidism, they won't gain an ounce. You have to treat the cause of the disease before Derick can gain again.

Does anyone know the treatment for hyperthyroidism?  I only know about hypo (being one myself). Do they remove the thyroid and put him on synthroid for the rest of his life? Radiation like they did with my cat? Anyone?

• Love 1

I was told three options: anti-thyroid medication, Radiation Ablation Treatment (kills your thyroid cells, the patient will probably be hypothyroid and will be on a thyroid hormone replacement medication for rest of his or her life,) and surgery where they take 90 to 95% of your thyroid out. I went with a thyroid medication when I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2003. When my Graves Disease came back in August 2012, I had the Radiation Treatment.

In the case of Derick, stress and even environmental factors could be the cause if his thyroid hormone levels are off. He is under a lot of stress aka Jill and the Duggars. and his poor mom being sick, and lets not forget having a baby so fast, and Josh scandal one and two hitting the fan within a short period of time. I do remember my endocrinologist telling me he talk with people who actually ended up in a mental hospital because their symptoms were severe. Do I think Derick may have a thyroid disorder and other medical problem(s)? I am not his doctor, so I cannot say yes, but something does seem off with him. And of course, each patient with a possible thyroid disorder is different.

If you donated in Jill's name, what address did you use to send them the certificate? (since I know we don't talk about home addresses of course!). I have donated in honor of someone very special as well, but I think the duggars would really appreciate that special certificate, and I'd like them to be the recipient next time.  

My husband makes homemade pizza every week for 30 years now. That is regular life, not Instagram worthy! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder what the salad dressings are for? And is Izzy wandering the house in a snowsuit eating pizza? I know it's a me thing but the only picture I recall of them eating together was in a restaurant and they were being filmed.

One of the bottles is barbecue sauce.  For pizza?  Gag...

• Love 2
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They can hook up with Josh/Anna, Jessa/Ben, and Jinger/Jeremy and have their own ministry. JD can be head of security,  Jana can be in charge of administration side of it, all the siblings can go out and use their many skills to help earn money to keep the ministry and the stink bus running, and they can parade Josie in the pro life marches and speeches, and the grandchildren as the investments in God's Army in saving the heathen masses.

This is starting to sound a lot like Fred Phelps's church, which is pretty much a one-family show.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I am a very bad girl I just donated in her name. Enjoy Jill and no thanks are needed.

I might have to do the same. It gets boring to keep donating for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, you know. ;-)

Maybe I should then donate in Nancy's name. I'm sure she's happy they're continuing to announce participation in events that are off-putting to potential viewers and advertisers...

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Sorry, Muffy, if somebody's got hyperthyroidism, they won't gain an ounce. You have to treat the cause of the disease before Derick can gain again.

I'm hypo. I could give a class on gaining weight. (LMAO)

I'm sure Jilly Muffin thinks they can pray the thyroid disease away. I have also noticed, however, that Triple D is never eating anything that has calories in the pictures they post. I don't think being hypo is his only issue.

• Love 2

Tens of people showed up at the Planned Parenthood rally the Dullards shilled on SM yesterday. Here's proof.

Will not get myself kicked off Dullard's page...will not get myself kicked off Dullard's page...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Tens of people showed up at the Planned Parenthood rally the Dullards shilled on SM yesterday. Here's proof.

Will not get myself kicked off Dullard's page...will not get myself kicked off Dullard's page...

His post is about mourning & sadness, yet they are stupidly grinning.  I'm confused.

• Love 12

Folks, please, please, please do not take the occasion of the Dillards protest activities as permission to discuss the issue at length, most especially abortion. The last conversation was just a few days ago and it really wasn't ok either but we let it slide. Now it just seems like the leeway is being taken advantage of. There are loads of other places on the Wide Wide World of Web (cookies for who gets that) to discuss abortion. The Dillards bringing up the topic does not mean it needs to be discussed here. A mention of their activity is fine. Various explaining and lecturing the Dillards as a way to get around the no abortion talk is not. 

Thank you.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I was told three options: anti-thyroid medication, Radiation Ablation Treatment (kills your thyroid cells, the patient will probably be hypothyroid and will be on a thyroid hormone replacement medication for rest of his or her life,) and surgery where they take 90 to 95% of your thyroid out. I went with a thyroid medication when I was diagnosed with Graves Disease in 2003. When my Graves Disease came back in August 2012, I had the Radiation Treatment.

In the case of Derick, stress and even environmental factors could be the cause if his thyroid hormone levels are off. He is under a lot of stress aka Jill and the Duggars. and his poor mom being sick, and lets not forget having a baby so fast, and Josh scandal one and two hitting the fan within a short period of time. I do remember my endocrinologist telling me he talk with people who actually ended up in a mental hospital because their symptoms were severe. Do I think Derick may have a thyroid disorder and other medical problem(s)? I am not his doctor, so I cannot say yes, but something does seem off with him. And of course, each patient with a possible thyroid disorder is different.

If they don't have any insurance, how will Derick pay for surgery and/or special medication for the rest of his life?

13 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

I might have to do the same. It gets boring to keep donating for Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, you know. ;-)

Maybe I should then donate in Nancy's name. I'm sure she's happy they're continuing to announce participation in events that are off-putting to potential viewers and advertisers...

Remember Mike Pence!

• Love 2