Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

In my experience, in person or YouTube videos are going to be the best way to learn how to use a sling. I'm in training to become a babywearing educator - without being there in person the obvious issue I see is that the baby needs to be 'kissably' close, and he isn't in the pictures I've seen. Unless you're nursing them at the time, you want them sitting up, with their head high enough that you can look down and kiss it without adjusting.

I'm actually surprised no one at Big Sandy corrected her - I know a handful of fundamentalist families who got into babywearing because it's so handy for big families, so I'd have thought that there were people who knew what they were doing there.

To me, the sling looks like Jill is in what I would call a nursing position, and people are wanting to take her picture. So rather than be Michelle with the feet sticking out, she stands, and takes the picture, then sits back down. If she were sitting, he would be "kissably close", but even standing, he's comfortably snug against her.

Jill should realize that the safety of her child is more important than being able to announce she's pushed out 17 kids.

No having 17 kids is important. It means you royalty

• Love 1

When I saw the first picture I thought it was a quick stand up from nursing and that's why he was low. The second picture has me not so sure - it looks like she's probably wearing him wrong in general, but I'd love to be proven wrong and have a picture of him in proper position!

• Love 2

Oh my God! Can you stand it?   Pistol Pete! hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  'awesome'

derick+as+pistol+pete+in+college+at+OSU.

Holy Star Wars it's Hans Solo!!

Yikes Derick and Jill look like brother and sister.

• Love 1

Good eye with Jill's pajama pants! (Unless those are Derick's legs.) I had never thought about it, but I guess there's no reason why she couldn't wear them, since she can't defraud her own husband. She'd only be stirring up desires that CAN be righteously fulfilled! :) However, I wonder what their thinking on that would be once they had older sons who could potentially be defrauded. But then again, her views on pants could be changing now that she has a headship who doesn't demand skirts.

• Love 4

The photos of Derrick are pretty funny and I have to agree that the beard should go at some point. He doesn't pull it off as well as a lot of other guys his age. I really liked the pic of Izzy with Grandma Cathy. I'm still of the opinion one reason Jill was in such a hurry to conceive on her honeymoon was due to Cathy's health. That said, hopefully Jill is not now , nor ever will be as crazy as Michelle and won't try to have a baby every year.  Jessa, Jinger, and Joseph are all 13 months apart and there were already 4 kids before them. I see Jill having babies the way Anna has, about every 2 years apart. Hopefully her doctor advised her to  wait awhile before conceiving following her c-section, and she follows that advice.

• Love 1

I think Cathy is such a classy woman. I'm truly happy she was able to be involved with the preparations for Baby Iz and that she was also present in the delivery room. For a woman who didn't know if she would even make it to her son's wedding, that had to mean the world to her.

• Love 11

Does Jill wear pants to bed? Are those her black and white polka dot pajama pants?

I think I have those pajama pants!  They are super comfy.  Hooray for Jill for owning something comfortable and wearing it in her own home.  It's the little things.

• Love 1

Somehow I doubt Derick's co-workers are stalking him about the baby. Everyone has kids and families, other than asking a few "how's the new baby" courtesy questions, nobody really cares. Given all the time Derick takes off I can't imagine he's the most popular guy in the office, so it's even more unlikely fellow employees are camped outside his cubicle.

• Love 8

Does Izzy have a shirt on meant to celebrate being one year old but it fits him already?  Wow, is he that big?

I think Just One Year is a brand offshoot... Carter's maybe? It might be sold at Target.

• Love 1

So he heats lunch in the car? Good for him, getting a little privacy, away from Jill and the others. Maybe he misses Jill feeding him every meal, or looks at the gearshift longingly, wishing Jill was there to help him put it in drive. Nah. He probably spends a lot of time asking God why he has to be a reality tv star.

• Love 5

Somehow I doubt Derick's co-workers are stalking him about the baby. Everyone has kids and families, other than asking a few "how's the new baby" courtesy questions, nobody really cares. Given all the time Derick takes off I can't imagine he's the most popular guy in the office, so it's even more unlikely fellow employees are camped outside his cubicle.

LOL I should have added that most stories on Radar ON-line seem very made up in the mind of whomever writes these pieces. A lot of times the author (s) read these threads and write a whole story based on what is being said here so take the articles with a box of salt instead of a grain. 

• Love 7
(edited)

LOL I should have added that most stories on Radar ON-line seem very made up in the mind of whomever writes these pieces. A lot of times the author (s) read these threads and write a whole story based on what is being said here so take the articles with a box of salt instead of a grain.

No worries, I know Radar articles are dubious at best. It sounds like they use the same authors as the Daily Fail. The tone of the writing is identical. They should start paying us royalties considering the whole Cinderjana topic started on these forums.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Seriously! This whole story reads like the following:

Someone from a tabloid rag was hanging around near a Walmart HQ-adjacent bar. Someone from the bar commented that he saw Derrick, that guy from the tv show who just had a kid, eating lunch in his car and looking tired. The reality is that Derrick used his lunch hour to run errands and grab food, but Radar manages to turn that into an impressive bit of fiction. 

• Love 3

Iz is a cutie, IMO.

Does Izzy have a shirt on meant to celebrate being one year old but it fits him already?  Wow, is he that big?

It's the name of the brand - 'Just One Year'. You can buy it at Carter's and Target (I think).

(edited)

I'm still of the opinion one reason Jill was in such a hurry to conceive on her honeymoon was due to Cathy's health. That said, hopefully Jill is not now , nor ever will be as crazy as Michelle and won't try to have a baby every year.  Jessa, Jinger, and Joseph are all 13 months apart and there were already 4 kids before them. I see Jill having babies the way Anna has, about every 2 years apart. Hopefully her doctor advised her to  wait awhile before conceiving following her c-section, and she follows that advice.

Not to be rude, but I don't understand how the "hurry to conceive" comment makes any sense. Jill, who adheres to all of her parents' beliefs, believes birth control is wrong. So yes, she did happen to conceive immediately, but it was not for Cathy's sake; it's because that's how quickly her body conceived. It happened to Jessa and Anna after just a few months, which isn't much different. I would be surprised if Jill changed her mind about birth control, but if she has a life-threatening birth situation at some point, it is always possible.

Yes, the two year spacing is more typical if you breast feed, although some women's cycles come back even sooner. But even at that pace, she'll probably exceed the 10 child mark unless something goes wrong.

As for "spilling seed," that's an interesting point. They (yuck) do address it in their book, and while of course they believe masturbation outside marriage is wrong, they did also indicate that intercourse is God's only approved method, so I don't think substitutes are allowed.

Edited by becca3891

1 month old izzy.  from jill's IG.  lol, he's got that raised brow going on.

11203177_837789569591144_1126462561_n.jp

1 month old izzy.  from derick's IG.

11240336_1442671196028415_212044600_n.jp

Look at that face, will you? This is one cute baby. Here's wishing all good and wonderful things for this little face - most especially the gift of tolerance and understanding.

• Love 3

Look at that face, will you? This is one cute baby. Here's wishing all good and wonderful things for this little face - most especially the gift of tolerance and understanding.

I wish the same. Sigh...I need to get out of here. It's not helping my serious baby fever!

• Love 2

Seriously! This whole story reads like the following:

Someone from a tabloid rag was hanging around near a Walmart HQ-adjacent bar. Someone from the bar commented that he saw Derrick, that guy from the tv show who just had a kid, eating lunch in his car and looking tired. The reality is that Derrick used his lunch hour to run errands and grab food, but Radar manages to turn that into an impressive bit of fiction.

Right? I used to eat in my car on occasion just because I liked the peace and quiet or I needed a change from the break room. It's hardly a sign of something amiss at Derick's office but Radar makes it sound like his co-workers are stalking him in the cafeteria or something.

• Love 7

No I think that is the brand name of baby clothes from Target (?) But I can see him wearing 12 month clothes now. 

(edited)

This picture is worthy of a 'Caption This' contest.

"I delivered every single one of them... and just look at the size of this one's head!"

Edited by JenCarroll
  • Love 5
(edited)

That back muscle must have gone missing again.

I swear, she's got the most elusive back muscle ever. Maybe eventually Josie should become some sort of healer, since she seems to have the ability to make missing muscles re-appear. I really thought Izzy might have that ability too, at least for a few months, but no sign of it so far.

(edited for typo fix)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

If Mechelle had just been honest and told us she had disc disease or arthritis in her spine, I wouldn't have thought twice about her weird excuses. But they remain weird. So does Mechelle.

• Love 6