Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

From Derick's IG 12 hours ago.  Her eyes show how tired she is.  Those are really dark circles on her eyes.  Iz looks content....maybe just finished a feeding.

11184683_598331316968949_927905511_n.jpg

Looks like she will be getting sick soon, if she keeps up with this. It would make more sense if she was out and about maybe after her second baby, because you don't have as much of a choice. I think it's crazy to be out when you are still dealing with your c-section healing. This month is for staying home and making a few trips to the store when needed, not extensive travel. She does have to feed him, but with all this extra help if she was home, she could take a lot of naps! Go take a nap girl!

• Love 1

From Derick's IG 12 hours ago.  Her eyes show how tired she is.  Those are really dark circles on her eyes.  Iz looks content....maybe just finished a feeding.

She looks tired but also happy and relaxed. Stay at home and recover JIll! Church can wait a few weeks. 

"I had been praying for contractions and when contractions did start, God made me grateful for those contractions," she says. "When they came, even though they were really intense, I was crying, but I was saying, 'Thank you for this contraction God, this is what I prayed for, thank you for this.'"

Derick, had his own method for keeping his new wife calm. "I would say, 'Think about being on the beach on our honeymoon, just think about this one contraction, don't think about the future ones,'" he remembers. "I would tell her not to think about the pain right now."

Here's what my concerns are regarding Jill's labor and delivery as far as Israel's birth and any future pregnancies.

Jill's water broke early on a Saturday morning, April 4th. She delivered Israel in a hospital on April 7th, after 70 hours of hard labor. They showed on the preview of the upcoming episode of the birth that they were all set up for a home delivery and had a portable inflatable bathtub set up in the living room. It usually takes from 12 hours up to 24 hours after a woman's water breaks for a baby to deliver. Any longer and there's a danger to both mother and infant. There may be fetal heart changes and a larger risk of infection.

What I'm wondering is how long did Jill, Michelle and Jana wait (Derick doesn't count, he's clueless) before they decided 'let's get to a hospital and screw this home delivery bullshit'? I know they didn't go immediately because they had no way to know the baby was breach. Their reluctance to get to a hospital might have resulted in a very sad ending to this baby. That's a concern about home births.

The other thing I'm wondering about is future pregnancies. Every two minutes a woman dies from complications of childbirth, but that's only in third-world countries, right? Wrong. 800 women die each day unnecessarily from complications related to pregnancy or childbirth. There will be some controversy over whether or not Jill will ever be able to deliver other children vaginally. Some hospitals will not risk attempting a vaginal birth after a woman has had a previous delivery via caesarean section. The risk and liability is too great for both the hospital and the infant and mother. We aren't given the details, but if Jill suffered a torn uterus, she will more than likely have to deliver subsequent children via C-section. So, how many children will they have in the future? Nobody knows. But, will their religious cult allow her to use birth control or maybe let Derick have a vasectomy? It won't be long before Jill and Derick face these choices.

• Love 4

I'm not exactly a fashion icon myself. Her outfit looks normal to me. She doesn't look stylish or well put together, but that clothing is very typical of what I see on people who don't care too much about clothes.  I have a coworker who wears nicer tops than that, but otherwise a maxi skirt with nearly those exact shoes (Keens or Chacos?) every day.

And more to the point - she just had a baby and major abdominal surgery. She can wear whatever she darn well pleases after that. No criticism from me if she looks "frumpy." I don't expect ANY new mom to bounce back asap.

• Love 13

OK. I just want to put my snark aside for a minute here and say how much I miss when my kids were that tiny and snuggled up to me. I hope Jill is savoring it.

• Love 13

What do people think of this slight forum name change to get Baby Izzy in on the action:

The DillardZ: Jerick, Dill and Iz

I think we might get carried away with the funny nicknames and it sometimes makes it difficult to find exactly what particular names we're interested in reading about. Maybe it's best to leave their names as they are Derick, Jill and Israel.  Maybe others feel differently and like the more amusing nicknames so it doesn't matter to me, I'm just giving my opinion.

• Love 1

I want to know why they bothered setting up and filling the birthing pool.  One of the first rules when the water breaks is no getting in tubs or pools.  Doing so greatly increases the chances of infection.  I'd like to read the midwife training manuals Jill had and to hear recordings of the mentoring that Miss Venessa gave her trainees.  It sounds like a lot of things were missed, given out incorrectly, or Jill was a very poor student.  

• Love 5

I want to know why they bothered setting up and filling the birthing pool.  One of the first rules when the water breaks is no getting in tubs or pools.  Doing so greatly increases the chances of infection.  I'd like to read the midwife training manuals Jill had and to hear recordings of the mentoring that Miss Venessa gave her trainees.  It sounds like a lot of things were missed, given out incorrectly, or Jill was a very poor student.  

Anna used a birthing pool for Marcus. Maybe she got in before her water broke, but she labored in it until he came out, so clearly it broke at some point while she was in there?

• Love 1

This is Jill I'm talking about.  In the clip TLC has online she said her water broke and then Derick talks about preparing for the labor that they expected to begin shortly and he shows the birthing pool.  

This is Jill I'm talking about.  In the clip TLC has online she said her water broke and then Derick talks about preparing for the labor that they expected to begin shortly and he shows the birthing pool.  

Yes, I know. I'm talking about the infection risk generally. Why wouldn't it have been an issue for Anna in the tub?

I didn't know that there was an infection risk either. Are you then only supposed to be in the pool while pushing?

ETA: Based on the sneak peak: Jill really loves her headbands!

Edited by Cocka doodle dont

The article was actually semi-interesting. Derick is back at work. I wanna see the receipts that Michelle has been helping Jill with Iz. I don't doubt that Jill's sisters and Derick's mom have been staying over and helping. I just question Michelle taking the time out of her day to help someone else. I think she may have stopped by and that's it.

• Love 7

Ugh - Jill stop saying "we" for everything! It's bad enough people say, "We're pregnant!" You most definitely can not say "We've been in labor..." Derick was not, and will never be, in labor and does not deserve credit for it. Jill Duggar - so brainwashed to believe that she is nothing but an extension of her husband that she can't even own her own labor. It's really just sad.

• Love 9

The hospitals I've seen with birthing pools won't allow anyone in whose water has broken.  When my water broke the first thing the OB said after asking me if I'd be more comfortable at home than the hospital was absolutely no getting in any tub or pool of water.  Some midwives seem more lax about that and Jill obviously was looking at it very laxly since she had no idea how long her labor would be.  I don't remember if they announced when Anna's water broke, but she was obviously making good progress and was only at the midwife's a couple hours (?) before the baby was born.  She was much less likely to get an infection.  But the risk of infection is among the reasons some midwives won't perform water births.  

I just saw it as one more thing that Jill did that didn't follow current medical advice and procedure and made me concerned about her lack of common sense and quality of her training.  

• Love 6

The article was actually semi-interesting. Derick is back at work. I wanna see the receipts that Michelle has been helping Jill with Iz. I don't doubt that Jill's sisters and Derick's mom have been staying over and helping. I just question Michelle taking the time out of her day to help someone else. I think she may have stopped by and that's it.

This is exactly what I thought as well. No doubt Cathy was there - and BTW, glad she felt up to it. No doubt some of the older girls were there. But no way was Me-chelle there. Me-chelle doesn't help anyone except Me-chelle. Maybe a 15-minute drop-in visit. Maybe. On her way to or from Starbucks. After all, anyone is capable of helping Jill. But HER time is really valuable. She's needed for all that critical scheduling back at the TTH.

• Love 5

Here's what my concerns are regarding Jill's labor and delivery as far as Israel's birth and any future pregnancies.

Jill's water broke early on a Saturday morning, April 4th. She delivered Israel in a hospital on April 7th, after 70 hours of hard labor. They showed on the preview of the upcoming episode of the birth that they were all set up for a home delivery and had a portable inflatable bathtub set up in the living room. It usually takes from 12 hours up to 24 hours after a woman's water breaks for a baby to deliver. Any longer and there's a danger to both mother and infant. There may be fetal heart changes and a larger risk of infection.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking when I said it shows Jill in a bad light, i.e. her water breaks and she goes hiking, etc. Seems like they waited way too long to get to the hospital when she was clearly in distress. We'll see and analyze after we see the whole epi as always. lol

• Love 1

Anna's new midwives do not permit water births. They will do water labor but unless you progress in a flash and the baby starts coming out (this does happen - not to me though LOL) they want you out before the delivery. The primary reason is the potential problems with the actual delivery (uncontrolled tears of the perineum, difficulty for the midwife to see the baby position and help things like shoulder dystocia etc.

My god that baby is enormous!

A hard fact of life as a "celebrity" in the Internet Age is that you're never allowed to go out in public looking like a schlump again. Someone will see you and snap you, and you'll be lambasted by thousands (or if you're REALLY famous, millions). I would hate it, and I'm not going to criticize how she's dressed. But come on, Jill, you just had a 10 lb parasite cut out of your body. You don't have to make public appearances right now. Take a rest, please.

ps -- Is it normal for her to be in that much pain, for this long?

• Love 4

Kimora Lee Sommons just had an 11 lb baby naturally with no pain meds she claims. But Kimora is a very tall woman she can carry the weight a lot better and it was her 4th child.

Poor Jill no way was Big Sandy any way more important than staying at home healing. You didn't see Alyssa Bates there did you?

• Love 11

My god that baby is enormous!

Iz looks enormous with Jill but check out how long he is with Derick holding him.  From Jill's IG.

11208159_1582705198649219_1684566112_n.j

edited for grammar.

Edited by abseedee
  • Love 1

I could see Michelle using Jill and Iz as an excuse to hang out at the Mcmansion all day and escape the chaos at the TTH. I still remember her crocodile tears over having to remain in Little Rock with Josie while the rest of the family returned to Springdale.

"I had been praying for contractions and when contractions did start, God made me grateful for those contractions," she says. "When they came, even though they were really intense, I was crying, but I was saying, 'Thank you for this contraction God, this is what I prayed for, thank you for this.'"

I find her wording here strange. "God made me grateful for those contractions". Do they actually attribute every emotion, feeling or reaction to God? Like, they basically see themselves as puppets of a divine being rather than individuals with a free will, who owns their emotions? And if her God was the one who gave her the contractions (you know, instead of... nature?), couldn't he have been a little more prompt and possibly have spared her the c-section she so clearly desperately didn't want? I have to admit that certain kinds of religious thinking truly baffles me at times.

• Love 15

He's already too big for her "missing back muscle?" :-)

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot about that. Me-chelle's imaginary "missing" muscle. Oy. Just exactly how dumb does she think people are? She must have dreamed up some real dillies in her childhood, and as the adorable lastborn everyone did as they usually do with the lastborn - they played along. So now she thinks these lame stories actually work.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 3

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20910362_20919672,00.html

Jill gives Princess Kate advice on how to deal with an overdue baby. Guess she missed the memo that Prince George was also overdue.

Princess Kate has some advice for Jill Duggar Dillard: STFU.

I'm astonished that Jilly Muffin has the gall to offer anyone else "advice" on dealing with an overdue baby, seeing as how she wasn't smart enough to get her ass to the hospital in a timely manner during her "70 hour labor", for starters.

• Love 20

So that other pic wasn't a fluke. It's amazing how little common sense this family seems to have. From Michelle feeding a baby lying flat on her back (hello, choking!) to Jill smothering her baby in a baby sling. This poor judgment surely can't be solely from their lack of education?

Can't blame MEchelle.  It was the first time she had fed a baby in 15 years. 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 3

Meanwhile Princess Kate is saying Jill Who has advice? Who the heck is that?!

She looks rough in the pictures outside church, but honestly I don't feel bad for her. You had major abdominal surgery like 3 weeks ago. I'm sure when you're discharged, they tell you what you should/should not be doing. I'm fairly certain that does not include driving 5+ hours to some convention 1 week after the birth and walking around and toting your 15 pounder in a sling. I'm also certain it doesn't involve going to church and wherever else as soon as you return. Of course she looked like she was cramping and in pain outside church and needed Derick to bring the car to her. Isn't she supposedly a midwife?? Does she not do discharge instructions for her own patients. Is this her definition of taking it easy?

I'm still not clear about why she's doing it. They are famewhores and probably don't want to fall out of the limelight by saying -- sorry we're taking 4 weeks to ourselves and won't be going anywhere or doing People interviews; after all then the attention will be gone as they'll start focusing on Jessa's pregnancy or Josiah's courtship. But these days, you can stay home and still make yourself "relevant" by putting up IG pics daily. Does she have some misguided notion that despite what doctors or midwives say, Duggar women are able to squat down and give birth and a few hours later be back to normal??

• Love 11

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20910362_20919672,00.html

Jill gives Princess Kate advice on how to deal with an overdue baby. Guess she missed the memo that Prince George was also overdue.

Jill isn't giving Princess Kate advice, she's schooling everyone else about what to say/not say to an overdue pregnant woman. Of course Jill, the know-it-all, LOVES telling everyone else what to do. Duh, Jill. Everything you said was just common sense, of course you and your dull family wouldn't know common sense if it smacked you in the head. Most people wouldn't labor at home 46 hours before they finally decided to go to the hospital either, you dum-dum.

• Love 6

Why is it strange that Clown Car is not in any photos. If he did not come out of her Clown Car Shoot she won't care about him.

According to MEchelle she just loves, loves, loves Grandbabies. So her actions don't match her BS.

Once the Binessa baby comes around she will be all over that baby for sure. She has no heart for Derick does she but has the hots for Bin and it would give her an opportunity to go over there spend time and inviting him to pray with her. Hussie!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1