Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

https://instagram.com/p/zrE6hfmCSv/?modal=true

The fact that Derick doesn't see anything wrong and posted this to his Instagram proves that he is just as much an asshat as the rest of the Duggar clan. The shouts of "Get it!" (sounds like Jessa) and "Pow!" (one of the littles) in the background as Ben shoves Derick toward the cat are unconscionable. Thankfully, he's getting plenty of heat for this. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Bastids -- both of 'em. And idiot kid for yelling "pow"!

They all deserve each other. However, the cat didn't ask to be part of this shitty family. :(

Oh, and Derick must've been laughing his ass off and is quite amused with himself by posting it on IG. Asshole.

I guess they're all pretty amused with themselves and have no conscience about potentially hurting a cat. Oh this family -- I can't stand anyone who is sick enough to harm animals.

• Love 10
(edited)

Yup. I edited my post because I initially said that Derick thought it was funny, but since he didn't say that, I changed my post to reflect his overall idiocy. But the lack of conscience is plain to see. The Duggars obviously let these poor animals run around hungry in the snow, but do nothing to catch them, and have them spayed/neutered to control the population. Just like them. Maybe we should start trying to run over Duggars with the same glee that the Duggars (and a Dillard and Seewald) had trying to run over that cat. It would certainly help curtail overpopulation. Just kidding! I don't want Duggar spawn run over (well, maybe Smuggar and Jessa). I merely used this example to illustrate the irony in what they're doing. Irony is a concept I have noticed again and again is lost on these self-serving idiots.

Fuck them all. I am so angry that I can't see straight. 

(edited b/c I'm so angry that I can't type, either)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 15

I've never done this before, but that video pissed me off, and I forwarded it to 2 local news stations in their area and PETA. They may or may not respond to it and that's their business, but I would like to see Derick, Ben and Jessa publicly answer for this and apologize. Their actions are teaching the kids to mistreat animals. They aimed for that cat.

• Love 14

A lot of people I know have saved it, repost-apped it, reported it, tagged it to PETA, etc. They won't live this one down. I even posted in his comments that Karma is a bitch. I know they don't believe in karma, but they do believe that your actions are reflected in what comes back to you (which is essentially karma, but they'll never recognize it as such). At this point, I don't care if he blocks me; I had to say my piece. I can't let the defenseless be potentially hurt at the hands of these assholes. 

• Love 8

I can hear Jill's gleeful laugh in there too. I think they'll just say it's part of their deeply held beliefs to have dominion over the animals of the earth. You can't go around questioning their beliefs, can you? They're deeply held, you know.

I know way back in this thread people theorized that after the loss of his father Derrick had some kind of hole inside him he filled with religion, and now Duggars. I hope he wake up and realizes what a mistake that is. I just hope it doesn't take 10 years and 10 babies to do that.

• Love 3
(edited)

edited because your post popped up right as I hit send. To answer your question, let's ask Jessa what SHE thinks. I guess if animal abuse is extra-biblical, then it isn't a sin, and they're good to go. *eyeroll*

They always claim that "dominion" means to protect with love, but their actions, including senseless over-hunting and other crimes against animals (including not spaying/neutering) demonstrate abuse, not dominion. 

I don't remember the last time when people I don't know made me so angry. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I think people who torment innocent creatures should rot in Hell. I wonder what the Duggars would think about that?

Well, they'll have to answer to God for it and they will be judged if they mistreated any of God's creatures.

• Love 2

I cannot believe that a bunch of young adults would think this is funny, and act this way aound a bunch of little kids.  That's just so wrong.  These 2 young married men are not setting a good example, but then the Duggars never do.  It is NOT funny to be cruel to animals, they very easily could have maimed or killed that cat, and they all were laughing and joking about it.  What the hell?

Please take these morons off my TV.  A stunt like that deserves all the criticism it is going to get.

Explain this away, JimBoob.

• Love 5

The Duggars have never shon kindness or empathy towards animals. This doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm sure the video will be taken down in an effort to do damage control.

And we'll be subjected to another FUInternets!!!! episode dedicated to the Duggars and their "pets." 

I am still aghast that a guy wearing a ribbon from his own baby shower that says "New Dad" is setting such a shitty example for EVERYONE present. I also mistook Jessa for Joy in the background. My bad. Still heinous. 

Ditto with what everyone else was saying but who on earth thinks, "I have a video of us scaring the life out of some poor cat, let's put it on the internet!"?  Did they seriously not consider that maybe people wouldn't share in their amusement about being cruel to an animal?

For a family who is obsessed with their "public image" (eg, don't let anyone know that we hate gays), this was really stupid and I hope that it back-fires big time. 

• Love 8

WTH is so Godly about tormenting one of His poor unfortunate creatures? course its not surprising considering their past "care" of cats. FTD.

• Love 2

I owned the series of books until my fire wiped them out, and I saw the old PBS series, which was great IMO.

I didn't see the posted video because my computer only showed two stills of the thing in addition to Jill's or whoever was making the loud shrieks.  That played repeatedly, and now I need a nerve pill and a beer.

• Love 2

^^^^I love that poem.

Has anyone read James Herriot's book, All Creatures Great and Small? It's a great book, I've read it probably 3 times and the sequels.

I love love LOVE those books! In fact, I think I shall go grab one off the bookshelf right now to read on my lunch breaks this week. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Love 2

I'm appalled by the cat video. There are tons of instagram comments saying he didn't aim for the cat, he was pushed. UM- he lined RIGHT up to hit the cat.  Yes, the cat moved, but what a horrible thing to do.

For the record, I had no issue with Sarah Palin's photo of her kid standing on the dog, which to me showed a dog who really really loved a kid.

But two GROWN MEN trying to run over a cat? WTH?

• Love 7

Anyone who would think it's funny to do what Derick did is very sick. I hate when innocent animals are harmed, and I especially hate it when humans find it humorous when animals are frightened and uncomfortable. A grown ass man who would find it funny to purposefully sled into an innocent cat is a shitty person. As if there wasn't a ton of space elsewhere for Derrick to head down.

• Love 9

They are showing their true colors. I hope the media picks up on this. People always look at me sideways when I rant about how horrible the Duggars are maybe this will bring them down in the general public's eye. Horrible horrible people

Fuck you Derick and Jill you guys are ignorant assholes. If they show such little compassion to innocent animals how can they even show any compassion to the people they try to 'minister' too?

Good thing JIll plans on being pregnant for the next 20 years, we don't need their hateful ignorant selves trying to 'help' other people in third world counties. Lets save that for the real missionaries

• Love 7

I left a message on his Instagram to ask if this is how they should be treating God's creatures.  This family does not value their pets - I have never once seen anyone petting or caressing a cat or a dog - they're just there.  Hell, MEchelle actually placed a litter of kittens in a kool-aid pitcher and put the lid on!  Hello!  Kittens need to breathe!  She actually looked psychotic when she did that. 

I am very disappointed with Derick.  Very, very disgusted with the Leghumpers who keep thinking the Duggars can do utterly no wrong whatsoever.  "It's only a cat!"  WTF? 

I do hope this gets picked up by the media and goes viral.  This family has got to be exposed for what they really are!

• Love 7
(edited)

^^^^I love that poem.

Has anyone read James Herriot's book, All Creatures Great and Small? It's a great book, I've read it probably 3 times and the sequels.

I love that poem too. I'll have to check out the book(s). Thanks.

I'd love for the video to show up on "Inside Edition".

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 2

And another thought: I imagine that the Tibetans and Nepalis that Derick lived among and sought to share the Good News with would be unhappy to see how he treats animals in his own country. They treat animals and even insects with a great deal of care bc of their belief in reincarnation and karma. Even those who are now believing Christians in Nepal and India are extremely respectful to all living things. Derick should remember that and not simply take down the video, but publicly apologize and make amends to set a good example to the Duggar-Sewalds.

• Love 1

I love that poem too. I'll have to check out the book(s). Thanks.

I'd love for the video to show up on "Inside Edition".

Barb, they are truly a delightful, fun and compassionate read. I find myself laughing out loud and at other times tearing up reading these books.

I hope someone sends it to TMZ.  I would but I don't know how.

I can't in good conscience send it to TMZ. The chances are too great that they'd make a mockery of it bc it involves a cat. Some people are real haters when it comes to cats. :(

This is worse than J'Chelle and Boob putting kittens in pitchers, and Smuugar and Anna having cats, and then letting them run wild.

I've not seen these episodes or any episodes involving pets. I don't think I could stomach watching Michelle placing kittens in pitchers with a lid on. That is sick.

• Love 1

It sure didn't take long for Derrick to turn into a Duggar douche. I had high hopes for him, for some reason. None of these people should ever be allowed to have animals.

Or children!! LOL!

Or children they are solely responsible for educating....

• Love 5
I am a huge animal lover but PETA is not a good organization. They are an extreme and dangerous group.

Same here. I've volunteered at a no kill shelter since 2001, but I consider it a badge of honor that PETA blocked me on Twitter the night of the Westminster Dog Show.  And it only took THREE tweets to accomplish!  LOL.

Isn't Animal Planet under the Discovery Communications umbrella, just like TLC? Perhaps just writing to the parent company will make them stand up and take note. 

• Love 2

I can't in good conscience send it to TMZ. The chances are too great that they'd make a mockery of it bc it involves a cat. Some people are real haters when it comes to cats. :(

I've not seen these episodes or any episodes involving pets. I don't think I could stomach watching Michelle placing kittens in pitchers with a lid on. That is sick.

That has always haunted me too. 

• Love 3

I've never been involved with PETA and always thought of them as somewhat extreme with no leather and vegan leaning but I emailed them with the link to Derick's IG video. That was last night and now I have 7 emails from them in my inbox. I can deal with that if the video gets the attention of the media, but I have no plans to hop on the PETA train.

Isn't Animal Planet under the Discovery Communications umbrella, just like TLC? Perhaps just writing to the parent company will make them stand up and take note.

Good to know; thank you!

• Love 2
(edited)

Derrick is getting backlash on IG which is nice

Anyway we can agree that the cat wasn't in danger persay but its more disturbing to wonder WHY ON EARTH they would think it was funny to scare/potentially injure an animal and also think that it would BE SO FUNNY to post to IG.....

You only had two intentions with lining up the sled- You wanted to scare the cat ( why would that be funny?) or you wanted to potentially injure the cat ( sociopath)

This is like Jboob scaring Jenny with his beard. I now feel really sorry for potential Dillard spawn...they are going to be boob and mechelle 2.0 only with less education and no real world experience (in Jills case) ...its frightening. Especially since one of them CHOSE this lifestyle. 

SMDH what is wrong with these people!.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4