Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Just sayin', some of us women DO like our long hair.  It doesn't have to be a Fundi thing or Duggar thing or please-your-man thing, and just because it's long doesn't mean it's horrible or nasty.  I realize it's not in style, but not everyone walks in lockstep there.  As for Jill, she had that certain glow during the courtship and marriage, but may just be reverting back to form now.  She was never a dazzling beauty. 

I have nothing against long hair, however I think Jill's problem is hers is way too long for her face shape and she has about a foot of dead ends that should have been cut off years ago. If her hair was thick and healthy like Joy's it would be really pretty, but it just looks scraggly and dried out.

• Love 5

In the picture, both Jana and Joy have shiny healthy-looking hair.

I would chalk Jill's scraggly looking hair up to pregnancy, but it really always looks like that, and pregnancy hormones usually make a woman's hair look better.

Aside from needing a trim, Jill's hair also needs to be brushed. She just doesn't look clean and well put together to me.

I hope that Cathy Bynum will take her out for a nice spa day. She could get her hair washed and trimmed, buy some cute maternity clothes, and perhaps some nice soaps and bath oils.

• Love 3

Yeah, it's kind of hard of me to get upset at Anna and Josh announcing M4 when Jill and Derrick were registering at Target when Jessa announced her engagement. I thought that was incredibly cruel, given that they easily could have waited a month, two, or even three.

• Love 2

I can't get upset at Jill and Derick being overshadowed for 5 minutes by Josh and Anna.  The name of the show is 19 kids and counting.  First of all, got to keep the counting thing in the spotlight with pregnancy announcements.  Second - there are 19 kids - there is usually always going to be something 'newsworthy' going on with several at the same time.  If we only focus on one at a time, we won't hear about those events for the other 18 until some distant point in the future. 

• Love 5

Since we have no clue what Jill does all day now that she has a ton of time on her hands, didn't they receive a tv for their wedding or was it something that Derick had because I remember when they were setting up their house that they had a tv stand? Anyhoo if she does have a tv now wonder if she ever turns it on and experiences the real world like the news?

Edited by Fuzzysox

Since we have no clue what Jill does all day now that she has a ton of time on her hands, didn't they receive a tv for their wedding or was it something that Derick had because I remember when they were setting up their house that they had a tv stand? Anyhoo if she does have a tv now wonder if she ever turns it on and experiences the real world like the news?

She probably watches fox news

• Love 5

I believe Jill and derickdillard have said that they have no cable or satellite TV hook up. They use their TV to watch videos only. Poor Derick, can't even watch a college football game at home. He knew what he was getting in to, though.

I find it unsettling that Jill's buddies sleep over as Jill and Derick are newlyweds and don't seem to be giving themselves any time to adjust to each other and married life, in general. I would view little siblings sleepovers as a little intrusive in a new marriage, but that's just me.

I also wouldn't want derickdillard, "accountant" to be handling MY money right now; as I wonder how the guy has the energy or time to concentrate on his paying day job; with being newly married, a baby on the way, taping the TV show, appearing on TV, traveling with the in-laws at rallies AND having children sleepovers at his house after work. I don't really think that Jill has any idea how draining a 40 hour a week job can be for someone and Derick needs his down time,and unwind space after work. He, IMO, married little more than an early teenager in Jill. Sad to say.

• Love 6

I believe Jill and derickdillard have said that they have no cable or satellite TV hook up. They use their TV to watch videos only. Poor Derick, can't even watch a college football game at home. He knew what he was getting in to, though.

I wonder what kind of videos derickdillard watches when JillyMuffins is asleep ;).

In all seriousness though, I can see him bringing in a cable box and forcing Jill to watch CNN. Sweetly of course.

"Jill! It's okay, the news won't defraud you."

"Oh, but Derick, i-I can see that man's kneecaps... will god still love me?"

"It's going to be alright hun, see? It's done now, you're okay."

*Fin*

• Love 4

In the picture, both Jana and Joy have shiny healthy-looking hair.

I would chalk Jill's scraggly looking hair up to pregnancy, but it really always looks like that, and pregnancy hormones usually make a woman's hair look better.

Aside from needing a trim, Jill's hair also needs to be brushed. She just doesn't look clean and well put together to me.

I hope that Cathy Bynum will take her out for a nice spa day. She could get her hair washed and trimmed, buy some cute maternity clothes, and perhaps some nice soaps and bath oils.

While watching one of the older episodes today, I noticed Jill's hair looked OK- long but no dried out ends. That was about 2-3 years ago & the ends are dried out now. I'm sure she hasn't had a trim or conditioning treatment since then. I agree part of the problem with her hair is it does need to be brushed. Even at her wedding, by the time she got to the ceremony, it was back to its disheveled look. I think a spa day would be great for her.
  • Love 1

I find it unsettling that Jill's buddies sleep over as Jill and Derick are newlyweds and don't seem to be giving themselves any time to adjust to each other and married life, in general. I would view little siblings sleepovers as a little intrusive in a new marriage, but that's just me.

I also wouldn't want derickdillard, "accountant" to be handling MY money right now; as I wonder how the guy has the energy or time to concentrate on his paying day job; with being newly married, a baby on the way, taping the TV show, appearing on TV, traveling with the in-laws at rallies AND having children sleepovers at his house after work. I don't really think that Jill has any idea how draining a 40 hour a week job can be for someone and Derick needs his down time,and unwind space after work. He, IMO, married little more than an early teenager in Jill. Sad to say.

But doesn't Jill have to listen to Derrick now? What is she going to do tell daddy that Derrick won't listen to her? Ungodly wife in fundie world. And I don't see how anyone doesn't at least watch the news. That's important to see what's going on in the world

I wonder what kind of videos derickdillard watches when JillyMuffins is asleep ;).

In all seriousness though, I can see him bringing in a cable box and forcing Jill to watch CNN. Sweetly of course.

"Jill! It's okay, the news won't defraud you."

"Oh, but Derick, i-I can see that man's kneecaps... will god still love me?"

"It's going to be alright hun, see? It's done now, you're okay."

*Fin*

I still don't see what Derrick saw in Jill. It's like a grown man having to babysit his daughter or little sister

• Love 3

Someone posted upthread that Jill looks like she smells. I posted something about this on another thread, but have thoughts about it that pertain specifically to Jill.

I think it's entirely possible that all of the Duggars smell bad, They don't bathe often, they sleep in their clothes, and they are packed into those bedrooms (have you ever been on a long distance bus or train trip? Large numbers of people sleeping in a small space generate a smell). They also live in a very isolated way, and have no real interactions with the outside world where most American bathe daily, not weekly.

Derick only spent a few days with Jill in Nepal before they began "courting" (basically became engaged -- there was really no backing out once the courtship began). Skype isn't Smell-O-Vision, I think Derick might have been surprised once he began spending time at the compound, and especially after they were married, about the personal hygiene of the Duggars.

Accountants aren't really known for being laid back and not sweating the small stuff. If Jill keeps house like they do at the TTH (no sheets on the bed, Styrofoam plates, etc.), I think he's going to have a problem. If he wants to move up the corporate ladder at Wal-Mart, his wife can't look un-kept.

I hope that I'm wrong about this. Jill and Derick are a cute couple, and I wish them a happy life together. What small signs we've seen (like Jill preparing real food and serving it on real plates) are encouraging. I think they're going to have a lot of adjustments to make since they knew so little about each other before they were married, and having to tell your wife "honey, you stink and you need to take a bath" isn't a good starting place.

• Love 3

But doesn't Jill have to listen to Derrick now? What is she going to do tell daddy that Derrick won't listen to her? Ungodly wife in fundie world. And I don't see how anyone doesn't at least watch the news. That's important to see what's going on in the world

But it's what's going on in the world that terrifies the Duggars. Just about everything "out there in the world" scares these people to death. It's the reason they live and believe what they do.

• Love 2

I don't think it was Jill and Derick that said they only watched videos.  That was the original Jim Bob and Michelle's story, and then Josh and Anna's.  I don't read all the articles on the internet about Jillard so I could be wrong.    Derick likes TV, people have commented on his old facebook likes, etc.   His Mom and Step-dad like TV, as does his brother.   They are not all going to shut off their daily activities for her - as evidenced by the fact that Cathy wears jeans around her. 

Now, Derick and Jill may limit their television to mostly political or news shows, religious programming or 'G' rated shows.  They may even respect the Duggars' wishes regarding TV when Jill's siblings come over.  But I don't see a normal college educated male swearing off TV with all the channels and content available these days.  Also - does Netflix, cable on-demand and movie rentals count as video? 

I also don't think that Josh can avoid watching TV with his  job.  He has to watch the political pundits, I am sure. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

I don't think Jill has hair skills. I think hair was Jessa and Jinger's jurisdiction.

More reason for Jill to have an easy to care for hair style.

I still don't see what Derrick saw in Jill. It's like a grown man having to babysit his daughter or little sister

"Totally" agree. I wonder after he got home from Nepal & being around her with her teenage behavior & actions, he wondered what he got himself into. I'm sure he had friends that were girls in college for comparison. She even had her "baby" voice when she was saying her vows.
  • Love 1

It's hard for me to get upset at Anna when 

1) Jill's been pregnant for months, has months to go...

2) I read a few articles wondering if Anna might be. (I think if other people are asking, you might as well admit it.)

3) There will always be pregnant Duggars and Jill will be pregnant a lot.

4) Presumably you're only engaged once and Jill trumped Jessa on that. 

I think it's gonna be a dead heat between Jill and Aaaaaaanna for the "However Many Kids and Counting" passing of the baton; they both strike me as enjoying the spotlight a little too much.

Anna doesn't have a chance against female descendant of Michelle who wants to be Michelle. 

• Love 3

I always felt kind of bad about the overshadowing of each others news (especially by Jill) but the reality is at this point if they were waiting to give every announcement it's day in the sun they would never be able to announce anything.

• Love 2

Blu-Ray is a dvd player and bluetooth is the technology that allows you to use a wireless headset with your phone (which is what i assumed you might have meant).

Thank you!  I'm old enough that I don't keep up as much as I used to and wondered if some new Blu Ray player was out with fancy capability that I hadn't heard about. 

I can see Jill reading news sites on her phone.  I wonder how long it took her to remove the parental controls after getting married or if there were any left on it. 

Maybe Derick likes being called daddy ;).

I mean, you'd kinda have to, marrying a duggar girl and all.

I hope the family text messages that were done during courting & engagement stop on the Wedding day. No more chaperones, no more group texts - what freedom for the fundy married couple!

Now jesus is the only one reading their steamy, scripture messages!

I wonder if the reason they ask for new computer equipment on their registries is because it comes free of devices and programs to keep them from being able to search the web freely. If they take one from the Duggar home, perhaps they have to abide by the codes. I could see that happening.

Now jesus is the only one reading their steamy, scripture messages!

She prays loudly to a diety (oh God, oh God, etc) every time they are consciously coupling.

Hey! Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain. Breaking a commandment will get you sent to ALERT Aacademy.

I wonder if the reason they ask for new computer equipment on their registries is because it comes free of devices and programs to keep them from being able to search the web freely. If they take one from the Duggar home, perhaps they have to abide by the codes. I could see that happening.

That's implying that the duggars are gonna let their kids walk off with anything other than Denim skirts and maternity wear.

Though, you are probably right. I also have this idea that in order to make marriage more appealing to the older kids (read: older girls), Jim Boob and MEchelle have told them to ask for anything they wanted on the registries.

"Oh Jessa, you wanTed a hair dryer, right? Just register at target and god will put it in someones heart to buy it for you!"

She sure the heck wasn't yelling out nike.

You never know, dericks pickle might have been a little too much for Jill to swallow ;)

• Love 2

Good point. I wouldn't put it past Boob to put some listening device/secret camera in a Duggar computer before giving it to them. He would be so proud of himself, chuckling with that goofy Howdy Doody grin on his face.
  • Love 1

Good point. I wouldn't put it past Boob to put some listening device/secret camera in a Duggar computer before giving it to them. He would be so proud of himself, chuckling with that goofy Howdy Doody grin on his face.

Is Bob that smart

• Love 2

That kind of software is easy to bypass. I'm amazed that they let their kids have iPhones because the parental controls on those phones can be easily undone as well. Kids are resourceful and will find a way, in most cases. [snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
off-topic
  • Love 1

It's easy to bypass, but it's a big deal hearing "my computer, my rules" every time you post something JB and Michelle don't like, or if they find that you've on a site they don't approve. We know they are control freaks. If I'd have been in the daughters' situation, I wouldn't have been so bold about it, but I would have been planning.

• Love 1

Which might not mean much since you were obviously raised by parents who tried to teach you and trusted you.  And you also probably weren't given a subsistence level of education and kept away from other kids as much as possible.

• Love 1

I agree. Plus the poor guy looks absolutely exhausted all the time. I understand some of it could be genetics too but his brother doesn't look that bad. He looks exhausted. Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2

I agree. Plus the poor guy looks absolutely exhausted all the time. I understand some of it could be genetics too but his brother doesn't look that bad. He looks exhausted.

Maybe the exhaustion is from the whirlwind courting, engagement, marriage & Baby Dill on the way. Throw in starting a new job & Cathy's illness. Can anyone give a time line of when things happened? I thought it was around this time last year Boob & Jilly went to Nepal. (Nov/Dec) When did they get engaged? Just thinking how all this happened in a 9 month period is exhausting.

I just can't let go commenting on Jill's mop. I watched the Marriage episode over weekend. Even at the rehearsal dinner, her hair looked frizzy & uncombed, like she just let it dry naturally (with no conditioner) & called it a day. The back looked terrible - she had different lengths, shorter mixed in with longer, all straggly. Does her hair have a natural wave to it? When she was standing next to MEchelle, her hair looked almost as bad. I know it was June & heat & humidity can do a number on hair, but the rest of the girl's hair looked fine. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Love 2

Please, please keep the conversation on-topic.  Don't use the topic as a jumping-off point to tell something about your own experience.  You can talk about anything you like in the Small Talk thread, but here we don't need to hear about your news-watching habits or how your parents monitored your internet access when you were a kid. I have deleted a bunch of these type of off-topic posts.

And, yes, guys, I know it's a snarking site.  I get it.  Really I do.  I mean, there's a reason I was drawn to TWoP and now PTV.  I like snark.  I do think, though, that some of it has gotten over the top in this thread.  Speculating that Jill's hair might be dry (while I don't really see the point since it's not like we can make her cut it) is one thing.  Speculating that the family all smell because they don't follow the same grooming habits you do?  Without any kind of evidence of that (e.g., someone met one of the Duggars and they smelled, or someone on the show mentions that they smell), just seems mean.  There's plenty of snark to be had from the things we KNOW about them.  I don't think we need to make up stuff that may not even be true.  Thanks.

• Love 17

Sometimes I forget which thread I am in.

I completely agree, Jellybeans. I'm used to TWOP's one thread format, it's my preference -- but I'm forcing myself to comply. :)

Edited to add: Rhondinella, you really do get it -- and that's why you ROCK!

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 3

Dumbest non-story ever "published" by Radar Online:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/duggar-family-feud-derick-ben/

I really need to stop going there but I enjoy the bs they seem to churn out. This story is especially funny since I can't imagine anyone not liking Derick.

Omg. Did you read any of the comments? One person believes that Jessa and Ben fell out with Jill and Derick because in their wedding Jerick paired Jessa with a groomsman rather than askng Ben to be in the wedding party. This apparently righteously angered Ben because Benessa had all those strict rules about physical contact. Jerick were very disrespectful and are therefore being Twitter-shunned. Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 2

Omg. Did you read any of the comments? One person believes that Jessa and Ben fell out with Jill and Derick because in their wedding Jerick paired Jessa with a groomsman rather than askng Ben to be in the wedding party. This apparently righteously angered Ben because Benessa had all those strict rules about physical contact. Jerick were very disrespectful and are therefore being Twitter-shunned.

Then, they should have talked about it before the wedding. Seems passive aggressive to go along with everything and then get angry afterwards.

• Love 1