Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jill's video...did not suck.

Other than the "yay" at the end, which was typical cheesy Jill, there were other times where she had a bit of snark going on about finding toilet paper. And I did LOL at the pan to the Corona beer. But I recently shopped at a Walmart so I get it and I get their blog post.

• Love 8
On 3/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

But, yeah, now I need some of that brain bleach that just got cleared off the shelves. Anyone have an extra bottle?

On 3/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, galaxychaser said:

$12 a gallon. I accept PayPal 🤣🤣🤣.

Price gouger. 

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And after living in other countries ourselves, we try to be more aware of the added difficulties some of our international friends face when crisis hits, so we have been in contact with them too. 

Ugh, every now and then they say something that tugs at my heart.  It’s a pleasant surprise to see him take notice of his priveledge. This is actually a very real and scary situation for international families in our country.  I teach ESOL students and I’m stressing because they don’t have access to a lot of resources at the moment.  When we left for Spring Break on Friday we had no idea that we wouldn’t be seeing our students for many weeks.  Many of the teachers in my school are kicking themselves for not sending home extra snacks and non-perishables.  

Anyway, good for Derick for acknowledging that others have it more difficult than he does during this weird time.  

• Love 15

I'm not sure Jill and Derick understand social distancing. Everytime one of them goes out into the community they become a potential patient zero for their family. So if they're wanting to do the lotion slip and slide more frequently, they're increasing their risk of potentially infecting each other.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Jill and Derick understand social distancing. Everytime one of them goes out into the community they become a potential patient zero for their family. So if they're wanting to do the lotion slip and slide more frequently, they're increasing their risk of potentially infecting each other.

FFS a just threw up! 🤮

• LOL 7

Does Derick routinely need a globe for law school assignments? 🤪

Pretty sure I have more call to use one for fact-checking editing assignments, but alas, I don't have one. I just use Google when I'm verifying place names. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is it the same Jill that walked around barefoot in the hospital? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Pictures take on a whole new meaning during this health crisis, don't they? It looks like two boys getting a glimpse of their dad in isolation.

Jill labeled the pic #socialdistancing

• Useful 3
On 3/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jill made an entire video about shopping during the pandemic. Honey, we've all been there. I guess I will watch it. Not much else to do cooped up at home.

Her voice for seven minutes is annoying. I was annoyed actually within three minutes. She sounds kind of dumb and yet condescending at the same time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Her voice for seven minutes is annoying. I was annoyed actually within three minutes. She sounds kind of dumb and yet condescending at the same time.

That’s because she’s a Duggar 

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Pictures take on a whole new meaning during this health crisis, don't they? It looks like two boys getting a glimpse of their dad in isolation.

They look like they’ve been locked out of the house. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 3/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, GeeGolly said:

Good thing he has that globe! How else would we know he’s a serious and very smart person?? #classy 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

So is Dillweeds school closed for the time being? Him being home all the time will mean Jilly needs more lotion than normal. Anyone have any brain bleach I can borrow? 

I doubt U of A classes are starting anytime soon. First case of coronavirus announced in Fayetteville this morning. 

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Most colleges will be closed for the rest of the semester (I would guess)

I believe the one here in town(big ten school) is only doing online classes and canceled their spring commencement ceremonies. I can't imagine they are the only ones.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I believe the one here in town(big ten school) is only doing online classes and canceled their spring commencement ceremonies. I can't imagine they are the only ones.

My program has gone online only. I have three more weeks of one class, then a month-long class and then no in person graduation.  All of my clinicals are online too, so no more time with real patients. I will get my degree but it has been three years and this is all kind of annoying right at the end. I actually feel for Derreck a little bit. Only a little bit. 

( anyone want to place a wager that that globe is one of those bar globes full of various bottles of alcohol? )

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

My former community college where I worked as a tutor actually hopes to resume classes after the shelter in place is lifted on 4/7. I seriously doubt that will happen. I am sure tutors are done for the semester. 

• Love 8

Arkansas officials keep making vague comments that schools will reopen on March 30 after spring break, but I don't think anyone actually believes them. 

Clarification: this is public schools. I don't think U of A has made any commitment to length of time. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4

The Chancellor of Derick's law school issued a directive on March 12 which among other things stated:

we are suspending in-person classes effective immediately and will move to an all-online or other alternative method of course delivery starting Monday, March 16th and continuing through the remainder of the semester.

To be clear, this is not a closure. 

Yesterday (March 18) there was another directive which among other things stated that all on-site campus activities are cancelled until further notice. 

Looks like Derick's doing classes online. I'm glad he has an office at home where he can do his classes without distractions from his family, and Jill and the boys don't have to tiptoe around because he's on his laptop.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 3/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Jer and Ginger should take note - Jill’s post blows Jer’s post about the virus out of the water.

You mean Derick’s post? 😊 There’s no way in hell that Jill wrote that, and honestly, Derick’s not half-bad at writing composition.

• Love 3
On 3/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jill made an entire video about shopping during the pandemic. Honey, we've all been there. I guess I will watch it. Not much else to do cooped up at home.

I watched the entire video, and it was better than most of the other videos that she’s come up with.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I watched the entire video, and it was better than most of the other videos that she’s come up with.

Actually, she and the boys look really cute in that video.

If that globe is for the kids...then, Yay! At least they're learning that the world isn't flat with the Ark floating off the edge. (Yes, globes are still used in schools.)

Just FYI.....try Big Lots for TP and paper towels.....early...when they open in the morning.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall the * info being there previously.

57653128-B623-4D9F-9227-F7F1206AF337.jpeg

Quick, somebody watch an interview (any interview will do), become an expert, print yourself a certificate and contact the Dillards for an interview.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jilly looks like she's got major cleavage going on in this pic. I'm sure it's some kind of condiment-colored top, but Lolli might want to shut this down.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That's been there for quite a while.

I also wonder who challenged Jill in that swan4kids thing. It wasn't Jinger, and I suspect she was on the front lines of this. It also wasn't Jana or Erin Bates Paine, who haven't taken up the challenge.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They're volunteers! Who have an agent. But Still, volunteers!

Call our agent!

And they're volunteers with a contract! Until they don't have a contract. 🤣

• Love 6