Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Look at Tori Spelling. She grew up Rich n spoiled. She still has money but not like before. It's hard to go plastic when you had a sliver spoon in your mouth. No way does JimChelle or the kids want to go back to where they were before.

• Love 4

1,000 times this. If there is any truth to him coming to those two idiots, crying and confessing, he was obviously looking for help.

I believe the police report stated Josh did go to his parents prior to being told on by his sisters. I agree this was a kid screaming for help and the only "help" he got was being shamed in front of his congregation and sent off to some quasi labor camp.

• Love 6

The hiring of a bodyguard makes me wonder if there have been death threats against Smugger?

I know in jail, sexual predators, esp child molestors are low on the food chain. I could see some crazy person who either had a loved one abused by a predator long ago (payback)  or who was abused themselves going after Josh in a misguided attempt of justice.

• Love 2

Once again, please do not speculate about the reasoning behind Josh molesting his sisters. We are not psychologists, and if a poster was one, he or she has not sit down with Josh to find out why he chose to do this. I am sure there are other forums in the internet world to discuss this one topic. Any posts with the Josh armchair counseling analyzing his motives will be edited or hidden. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

is it terrible hard to believe josh may be sorry for what he did?

I don't think that's material. Lots of people who commit crimes are truly sincerely sorry, yet they still are punished by the judicial system. Completely appropriately, I might add. 

Praying the perv away seems to be their answer. Fine for them, not for society. 

• Love 12

At what age in the Bible can you still "rod" your adult children?

At any age, since using the "rod" means guiding your children like a shepherd guides its flock, not beating them.  Or making excuses for them, especially at the expense of your other children.

Josh and Anna moving reminds me that I did have hope for them in D.C., living outside the compound and meeting more mainstream conservative Christians.  And I remember noticing when the whole family visited a church that Josh was moving to the music and not standing uncomfortably still.  Anna in Arkansas with Josh, four kids, no money, and the whole world knowing what her husband did is extremely depressing. 

• Love 3

I thought it was very interesting and telling that this time they hired movers.  What's wrong Joshie?  The whole brood didn't want to come help you move?  Stop by for a little baby shower at the Bates for M4?  Hmmm...

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought it was very interesting and telling that this time they hired movers.  What's wrong Joshie?  The whole brood didn't want to come help you move?  Stop by for a little baby shower at the Bates for M4?  Hmmm...

I doubt he even helped on the move-out, or was in the DC area at all.

Edit: All the siblings are building Josh's retirement compound in Arkansas, silly!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

I thought it was very interesting and telling that this time they hired movers.  What's wrong Joshie?  The whole brood didn't want to come help you move?  Stop by for a little baby shower at the Bates for M4?  Hmmm...

What would be the point of all the siblings helping Josh if there are no cameras filming it?

• Love 20

I too had wished they moved to Florida mostly for the kids.  Mac, Mike and Marc need to be near the grandparents who have time for them and away from the whispering and whatever else is going on in the Arkansas hot seat.  They could have lived a quiet and simple life.  But no........................

• Love 9

I think it's important to remember there are 3.5 kids involved here.  Hiring a bodyguard or quietly moving with the aid of professional movers shouldn't be shocking, surprising, or even insulted.  Whatever Josh and Anna might deserve or what sort of people they are, I can't help but be thankful that at least steps have been taken to shield the children at this time.  This is all a different sort of publicity than the kind to which the children have become accustomed.  The media and public aren't clamoring for photos and glimpses for the same reason they were a few weeks ago.  

• Love 18

I too was thinking about the movers this time.  Obviously it wasn't going to be an episode and not paid for, so it's way cheaper than having the stink bus and half a dozen SUVs or trucks driving there and back.  I bet the Bates family is doing the happy dance.

• Love 4

Let's be honest, folks.  We all know that Josh hired the bodyguard to protect him from Michelle.  I have a feeling she's just waiting with a stout rod for the minute he walks through the door of the Tinker Toy House.

• Love 3
(edited)

Edit because I found out he is moving into Arkansas asap 

I wonder if Josh is really having trouble with violent threats etc.  To hire a body guard? Wonder what's up?  Maybe TLC hooked him up...that was Kate's body guard. 

Edited by Marigold

Edit because I found out he is moving into Arkansas asap

I wonder if Josh is really having trouble with violent threats etc. To hire a body guard? Wonder what's up? Maybe TLC hooked him up...that was Kate's body guard.

I'm not surprised - there are some crazy people out there. I'm sure the family has received threats. I'm glad TLC has someone there, as I do worry about the M kids and some loon.

• Love 2

I think TLC is definitely supplying/paying for a bodyguard because it is always the same one!?! Is he the only one who comes up in google? LOL

TLC most likely contracts to a security firm and has utilized this same company for years. Bodyguard probably owns the company and takes the best assignments?
  • Love 4

Wow.

I'm sorry that it has come to the need for a body guard. Anna and the kids must have whiplash from their world turning upsidedown in a matter of a few hours. 

First you are a popular person and now your husband needs a bodygaurd?? wow. 

I'd really love to know what Anna REALLY thinks?

• Love 2

I don't know why Josh needs a bodyguard. But I think it's at least possible that hiring a bodyguard is part of a public relations stunt to show people how persecuted Josh and his family have been.

• Love 5

Folks, you've all been exemplary and understanding about the landmines of language with this issue. We'd also like to add rape and incest to that. Please be very, very careful when you use those term as they mean something specific. It would be best to use molest. It describes perfectly what we (so far) know has occurred. Thank you.

(edited)

Re: bodyguard. I don't know. There are a lot of crazy people out there. I'd hate for anything scary to happen to Anna and the kids. They don't deserve any of this, especially the children.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 2

I do not feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for Josh, but it is hard not to pity Anna. I agree that's why she was clinging to Josh like a motherless monkey and crying for no reason on the "Digging With The Duggars" episode. She was also atypically chatty, making nonsensical comments about "family traditions." Uncomfortable people try too hard by smiling inappropriately and talking too much. So it was with Anna, who KNEW what was coming.  PS: Ben's face during that show was another "tell." He looked like he had just eaten something truly disgusting.

• Love 8

If the weight loss was caused by stress related to the molestation scandal, I wonder how far in advance the Duggars were aware the scandal was going to break  before it actually did. The airport pics were taken only one day after InTouch published the first article about the molestation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089944/Embattled-reality-star-Josh-Duggar-arrives-DC-airport-alongside-pregnant-wife-three-children-one-day-child-molestation-allegations-surfaced.html

I don't know.... I hate to say he looks good, but he does in terms of losing the weight and to me, if it were weight loss caused by stress you'd see it in his face and he would still look terrible. 

totally agree.

Anna thinks what she has been told. However, I bet this rocked her to the deepest part of her soul.  She might actually being feeling something for the first time. 

• Love 3

Perhaps he'll guard Anna the same way he guarded Kate Gosslin? (With his penis).

Anna: You in danger, girl.

http://youtu.be/uxBfukKmATo

I am glad I went to the bathroom before I read this, cause I would peed my pants !    LOL

Oh and Steve is also very good at carrying purses.

• Love 4
(edited)

totally agree.

Anna thinks what she has been told. However, I bet this rocked her to the deepest part of her soul. She might actually being feeling something for the first time.

Since her admission that Josh told her about the molestation before they were married, I've wondered if it was disguised under the umbrella of "my faith was tested", "I made mistakes", "I was tempted by the debil."

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 3

I don't think Josh is returning to the car lot.

I agree. Isn't a big part of buying a car feeling like you can trust the salesman? In this case, let's see ....... yeah, NOT.

• Love 4
Since her admission that Josh told her about the molestation I've wondered if it was guide under the umbrella of "my faith was tested", "I made mistakes", "I was tempted by the debil."

Don't forget about the "evil liberal media" and "Christian persecution", as those were major factors as well.

• Love 7

Don't forget about the "evil liberal media" and "Christian persecution", as those were major factors as well.

We musn't forget "crown of thorns", "it was their fault for tempting me with their prairie dresses", and "wimmin are under my authority anyway /shrug."

• Love 6

Re: bodyguard. I don't know. There are a lot of crazy people out there. I'd hate for anything scary to happen to Anna and the kids. They don't deserve any of this, especially the children.

I don't think anyone wants to hurt Anna or the m's.  

Josh  - now that is another story.

I don't know.... I hate to say he looks good, but he does in terms of losing the weight and to me, if it were weight loss caused by stress you'd see it in his face and he would still look terrible. 

I just saw this pic and it appears that Mac is giving the bird to someone.  LOL Maybe her daddy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089944/Embattled-reality-star-Josh-Duggar-arrives-DC-airport-alongside-pregnant-wife-three-children-one-day-child-molestation-allegations-surfaced.html

RE: the body guard thing. There are some crazy people out there. A scandal involving the sexual abuse of minors broke out, and people tend to hate those. Not everyone is decent. Some people might take the rage they feel towards Josh out on Anna and the M kids, and besides, the paparazzi would be out for blood too.

• Love 1

FWIW we have no idea that Josh is going back to Arkansas, just rumor. Working on the house could be because he wants to rent it out, or flip it. He'll need the income.

BFE, Florida would be pretty good, as Anna would be close to her family for the delivery.

Didn't Jim Bob sell the car lot and they'd have to start over?

Yeah, and Ben's been driving the Duggar Towing Truck. Josh will need a lower key job for the next 5-10 years.

• Love 1

I think JB still owns the car lot. Remember they showed an old family friend running it? At minimum, he still owns the property. They would be stupid to kick that guy out and reinstall Smuggar there. I agree that he's even lower on the totem pole than "regular" used car salesmen. 

For the time being, I see no other option for him than to go to work for JB. I don't even think IBLP headquarters would touch him at this point. However, this is all subject to change in a year or two IF nothing else emerges. 

• Love 1

Gil:  Kelly,. don't buy a pinata for the shower.

Kelly:    Why?

Gil:     We'll use Josh.

• Love 10