Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I have heard people say as long as they are saved, they can pretty much do what they want. 

No,they are wrong and need to read the Bible. I believe Paul says that being saved does not give you a license to sin. Well, I won't say it is Paul and he may not have used the word saved but it is addressed. I am at work and cannot lookup the exact scripture. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

No,they are wrong and need to read the Bible. I believe Paul says that being saved does not give you a license to sin. Well, I won't say it is Paul and he may not have used the word saved but it is addressed. I am at work and cannot lookup the exact scripture. 

Tell that to them. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

No,they are wrong and need to read the Bible.

They cherrypick through the bible looking only for what will back up their convictions.   For some they are smart enough to do this deliberately.  For others it's like a dim student reading a Shakespearean play and wildly guessing wrong on what it means.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ignorance is bliss, eh Boob? 🙄

I’m sure he kept everyone else in the dark. That statement they released stating they were not aware of anyone in their home being under investigation while technically accurate was misleading AF. May JB’s fortune run out soon and serious consequences come his way.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Caleb Williams has made a statement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtrkv_DLMg

He was all over the Duggar snark Reddit board last night, pretending that he was someone else, lol. He continues to hold on to the believe that statutory rape is not the same as “real” rape. Needless to say, the posters there schooled him and gave him hell. He then proceeded to delete almost all of his posts. Josh and his lawyers were absolutely in the wrong for trying to blame Caleb for the CP downloads, but he’s still a clueless misogynist. He’s posting all over the place (Reddit, Twitter, YouTube) trying to get people to sympathize with him and tell him what he wants to hear .

13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

This one holds up!

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

I admit I am enjoying the idea that Smuggar must be hoping that he only gets 5 years.  Like everyone posting here I sincerely hope he gets more than that but even 5 years in a federal pen is pretty awful to contemplate.  He can't be getting much sleep right now.

• Love 10
Just now, ginger90 said:

I want him to get 19 years. Just me?

I do but realize it’s almost impossible. Emily Baker’s  (hope I got her name right) educated guess is 8-12, and she said she’d be thrilled with 12. Any amount of time behind bars as a convicted sexual offender is good in my book. And the way the media inserts the FF even in an article about Lawson’s wedding means JB can no longer control the narrative, can’t sweep things under the rug. He’s collateral damage and I’m here for it. No amount of carefully scripted PR campaign will ever remove the stain and stench that is the FF, and JB’s and Michelle’s complicity,  to the detriment of their daughters.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, CandyXmasTree said:

Can we skip tomorrow and just go to Wednesday?

Wednesday is the last day of school for me, so I’m doubly okay with getting there quicker. 😀

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I want him to get 19 years. Just me?

I'd love it too, but I think it's too good to expect.  Not only for Josh, but the almost certainty that there would be no more M kids, and the baby would be past 19.

• Love 3

Of course the sentence should be fair and appropriate. Good grief, 19 is a number we have heard over and over, and she gave birth to all of them, etc.. That’s why I said that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

My mom has her churches prayer circle praying that he Is sentenced to the Englewood Prison so they can go drive up and down the street giving him the finger and yelling at him about if he is enjoying his Colorado vacation. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
(edited)

The problem is systemic- SBC just got hammered over their covering up and accepting sexual abuse of parishioners by the leadership. The bleed over into ILBP and other offshoots had to be there. We can get away with this, we are bullet-proof because Jesus was their mindset. So they don't take seriously "don't sin anymore" obviously.

Men with absolute power run amok. Boob believes he's an absolute ruler- him and King James. So his golden boy learned at his feet.

Edited by Chicklet
It's been a week sorry
  • Love 10

I think ~ and this is just my own opinion ~ is ANY amount of time spent in a Federal prison will be hell for him. And I am not sad about it. Federal prison will not be the relative cakewalk that jail has been for him. I will be happy with any time he has to spend in prison. Although, the higher the number the better. He is a sissy boy ~ he will fold under the pressure.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think ~ and this is just my own opinion ~ is ANY amount of time spent in a Federal prison will be hell for him. And I am not sad about it. Federal prison will not be the relative cakewalk that jail has been for him. I will be happy with any time he has to spend in prison. Although, the higher the number the better. He is a sissy boy ~ he will fold under the pressure.

I bet that he will love being in federal prison because he will not have any cares in the world ie family problems. All he would have to do is fake it which is  very easy for him to do. 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Maybe level 2? He does have a prior history of offending. I think the community has been notified. 

I  have checked the sex offender registry and he isn't on it. He does have prior things but he wasn't charged for it  .

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josh has been a grown ass adult for over a decade. IMO, he and he alone is responsible for his actions. 

One full day and then Josh, and we, learn his fate.

When it comes to our anticipation, we're like kids counting the days until Christmas!

• LOL 7

I don't think the molestations count as prior history for a sex offender registry since he was never charged or convicted for those crimes. 

• Love 4

My prediction is a sentence of 8 to 12 years, actual prison time 6 to 10 years, and the next crime/scandal in 10 to 12 years.

I hope I am wrong. But this guy has been punished before. It has not changed anything. Based on the letters sent in by the defense, the local jail also hasn't changed anything. He does not seem to be seeking any sort of help. At best this may give him the opportunity to pick up an associates or bachelors degree, or possibly some sort of trade skill, like welding or something.  Otherwise, I don't think that federal prison will change him for the better.

I wish I could be more optimistic.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought there was no time off for good behavior if you were involved in CSAM crimes.

There's no parole in federal prisons, but they do use their own math.  A 10 year prison sentence is not ten calendar years.  They have their own formula that they calculate upon sentencing.  The months Josh has spent in the county jail will be calculated and count as part of his sentence.  

• Useful 8
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Regarding comparing other sentences the judge has given out, I am not really sure it is makes sense to compare the sentence given for a plea deal (which my understanding is most of the other cases this judge has presided over for CSAM) and one where it actually went to trial and then say more prison time for the latter is being unfair. A plea deal implies some degree of, if not remorse, token acceptance of the fact the offender has committed the crime on the offender's part, and I could also see the enhancements perhaps not being used as strictly if the person is agreeing to a plea since you need some incentive for doing that versus taking it to trial. 

I'm usually pretty uptight when people get selective about which of our rights people are entitled to once accused/convicted (I am never okay with insinuating only guilty people ask for attorneys or plead the fifth), but I don't think it is a miscarriage of justice for Josh to receive more time than the judge's other cases when he didn't take a plea deal and when the enhancements add up to the point that the prosecutors could have asked for 30 years and were only capped at 20. That's Josh's fault for being foolish enough to think his weak-ass case was worth going through rather than taking the deal. And it's also Josh's fault rallying all these other idiots to double-down on this fantasy that he is wrongly accused and innocent of something he is clearly guilty of and diminishing how heinous this crime is in their emptyheaded defenses of him.

if the book gets thrown at him with more time than other cases the judge has ruled on, well, in the parlance of the internet: play stupid games, win stupid prizes--or fuck around and find out. 

Exactly.

Have the other cases that went to trial asked for the max as well? If the enhancers are there, they're there. It would seem to me the judge would be lenient to sentence Josh well below what the enhancers call for and from what I've seen thus far with Josh's trial, this judge seems to be fair, but not lenient.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There's no parole in federal prisons, but they do use their own math.  A 10 year prison sentence is not ten calendar years.  They have their own formula that they calculate upon sentencing.  The months Josh has spent in the county jail will be calculated and count as part of his sentence.  

I get that. I was responding to the post that shaved off two years, far more than was spent in the county jail.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Does his vacation at the Reber's spare bedroom count as time served? Or just the actual jail time?

He was out on bond for then and not under house arrest, so I do not believe that will factor into his time served like his stint in the county pokey for the past five months. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought there was no time off for good behavior if you were involved in CSAM crimes.

As per the current guidelines (which came into effect on March 14, 2022) this is incorrect. All federal inmates who are serving more than a year, but not serving a life sentence, regardless of the crime committed, are entitled to CGT credit, allowing them up to 54 days per year. 

If Josh receives a 10 year sentence, and receives full CGT credit, he would receive 540 days off his sentence - that is, about a year and a half.

You can read more about this at the federal website for the Bureau of Prisons:

https://www.bop.gov/inmates/fsa/faq.jsp

and here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2022/02/11/2022-02876/good-conduct-time-credit-under-the-first-step-act

• Useful 15