Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

One positive to them choosing this rehab place. Anna will be rid of the jackass for 6 months.

If you check out the website, he won't be allowed his first phone call for 10 days and can't have visitors until day 45. Hopefully she'll get her mind straight in 10 days and leave these asses.

"Since earned work wages is a big part of how a student's program is funded, we cannot allow any visits to interfere with scheduled work responsibilities." --- oh jeez. Work and prayer.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8

Oh good grief. I think prayer is important. I have no problem with Christian counseling. But I want someone with training and a plan to have the client face his issues. These places exist. The Duggars' refusal to use some place both Christian and competent prove it's all for show.

Either that, or they are ignorant and/or arrogant enough to continue believing as they always have.

If you check out the website, he won't be allowed his first phone call for 10 days and can't have visitors until day 45. Hopefully she'll get her mind straight in 10 days and leave these asses.

I think there's a greater chance of hell freezing over first. I'm sure they've circled the wagons around her and are working double time on the indoctrination.

• Love 5

Looks like most of the staff are "graduates" of the program. I'm not necessarily opposed to people who have personal experience going on to help others- But under the supervision of other staff that actually have proper training and credentials. But hey, I guess if Josh is on his best behavior, maybe they'll offer him employment after he's "cured".

• Love 1

"Hyles–Anderson College (HAC) is an unaccredited Independent Baptist college in unincorporated Crown Point, Lake County, Indiana.[2]"

And OF COURSE the place where most of these jokes went to school is a joke school.     

Looks like most of the staff are "graduates" of the program. I'm not necessarily opposed to people who have personal experience going on to help others- But under the supervision of other staff that actually have proper training and credentials. But hey, I guess if Josh is on his best behavior, maybe they'll offer him employment after he's "cured".

He would be a perfect fit. He has no real education either.

• Love 6
I see "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" a lot,

Funny how you never hear anyone in Duggarville quoting 2 Corinthians 6:14 : 

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

a verse which pretty much seems to wrap up Joshie-poo and his extracurricular activities right about now.  

• Love 3

"Since earned work wages is a big part of how a student's program is funded, we cannot allow any visits to interfere with scheduled work responsibilities." --- oh jeez. Work and prayer.

I knew it more construction work therapy to try and fix him.  Probably a lot of stern lectures mixed in.

• Love 8

"Faith-based" rehab.  Cause we all know how well that worked the first time...

There is no hope for these idiots.  None.

"Long term" rehab, hm? Is this like Jilly Muffin and derickdillard's "long term" missions project -- and they were back in the US six weeks after they left?

Are we betting on a) whether this place actually has qualified, state-licensed counselors b) if it's a division of ATI c) what Smuggar will actually be "rehabbing" from? And how long Anna will have to "submit" and "humble herself" because it's really her fault her husband did all of these things?

Unbelievable.

• Love 3

Yep. It's more of the exact same thing that produced such a Godly, functional human being the last time. I mean, what are they going to do, say "This time we really mean it!!!"

For Anna's sake, I hope it works. But it sure doesn't look good.

• Love 2

One positive to them choosing this rehab place. Anna will be rid of the jackass for 6 months.

Maybe.  But it wouldn't surprise me if Josh made such astounding progress that he was out in much less time.  Translated:  They dismiss him from the program because he's intolerable to deal with.  Even for Christians.

Oh Lord their bios of filled with quasi academic accomplishments that don't mean a thing. What the hell is a BS in church work, or a graduate program of men's discipleship or post graduate work in men's discipleship?!? I think it's safe to say if you beleive Jesus rode a dinosaur blue cross is not going to allow you to bill them. And all the talk about their sins of heroin addiction made me feel so sad.

A friend of mine attends a church sponsored "university" through her church.  It took her one year to earn her Associates degree and another two years for her Bachelors.  She's currently working on a Masters degree and hopes to get her PHd.  Oh, and all of these quick degrees are earned while attending part time.  When a school isn't accredited, they can make up their own rules and degrees.  Not one of the "credits" or "degrees" she's paid good money for would transfer to any accredited school in the US.

Maybe the facility comped him. They'll get plenty of publicity out of it. And it's the Duggar way to get things for free just for being Duggars.

I'm sure his stay is paid for by "love gifts", otherwise the Duggar's probably wouldn't have sent him.  They're all about getting anything for free.

Even the best, most evidence based rehab does nothing if the person in treatment doesn't cooperate and see the need for help.  I doubt Josh would succeed anyplace at this point.

• Love 6

Maybe.  But it wouldn't surprise me if Josh made such astounding progress that he was out in much less time.  Translated:  They dismiss him from the program because he's intolerable to deal with.  Even for Christians.

Oh Lord their bios of filled with quasi academic accomplishments that don't mean a thing. What the hell is a BS in church work, or a graduate program of men's discipleship or post graduate work in men's discipleship?!? I think it's safe to say if you beleive Jesus rode a dinosaur blue cross is not going to allow you to bill them. And all the talk about their sins of heroin addiction made me feel so sad.

A friend of mine attends a church sponsored "university" through her church.  It took her one year to earn her Associates degree and another two years for her Bachelors.  She's currently working on a Masters degree and hopes to get her PHd.  Oh, and all of these quick degrees are earned while attending part time.  When a school isn't accredited, they can make up their own rules and degrees.  Not one of the "credits" or "degrees" she's paid good money for would transfer to any accredited school in the US.

Maybe the facility comped him. They'll get plenty of publicity out of it. And it's the Duggar way to get things for free just for being Duggars.

I'm sure his stay is paid for by "love gifts", otherwise the Duggar's probably wouldn't have sent him.  They're all about getting anything for free.

Even the best, most evidence based rehab does nothing if the person in treatment doesn't cooperate and see the need for help.  I doubt Josh would succeed anyplace at this point.

• Love 6

Gothard teaches that when a woman is abused by her husband in some way she needs to look at it as Jesus was wronged as well and he took it.  He really does teach that.   Following Jesus is not always easy but be comforted and strengthened to know that he was wronged too.

• Love 4

Hope it's a real rehab place, and not like what Smugs did last time. He does not need to build another house. He needs real help. I hope Anna comes to her senses in the time that he's gone. I feel for her, and the M kids.

• Love 2

Gothard teaches that when a woman is abused by her husband in some way she needs to look at it as Jesus was wronged as well and he took it. He really does teach that. Following Jesus is not always easy but be comforted and strengthened to know that he was wronged too.

Well, I hope Jesus is tested for STDs too.
  • Love 15

Of course not. There is not a single licensed mental health or addiction provider on staff.

Http://ruhomes.org/about-us/staff

More of the same "pray it away" crap they've been throwing at Josh for over a decade. God forbid they let Josh receive evidence-based treatment.

Prayer and the inability to construct a proper sentence. Seems like a perfect fit for the Duggars.

• Love 17

Hope it's a real rehab place, and not like what Smugs did last time.

Looking at the bios it seems that most of the staff were big drug abusers. Does that correlate to Joshie-poo's issues? He isn't a drug abuser, he is a sly, double-life living, repeat offending adulterer. I would think they would be separate psychological disciplines, not to mention the physical ramifications of weaning someone off of heroin and alcohol are medical treatments, and I don't see any RNs or MDs on their staff.  And the staff are all young, barely out of the woods themselves addiction-wise, it looks like.

Hmm, all those pretty young ex-druggies residing in the treatment center with Joshie with probably little to no supervision. Maybe he looked at the pictures of the staff and said "Hell yeah, I'll go there for some services, uh, I mean treatments!"

• Love 11

The duggar family official also said he is in a 'long term' treatment facility

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/8/duggar-family-statement

"We are so thankful for the outpouring of love, care and prayers for our family during this most difficult situation with Josh. As parents we are so deeply grieved by our son’s decisions and actions. His wrong choices have deeply hurt his precious wife and children and have negatively affected so many others. He has also brought great insult to the values and faith we hold dear. Yesterday Josh checked himself into a long-term treatment center. For him it will be a long journey toward wholeness and recovery. We pray that in this he comes to complete repentance and sincere change. In the meantime, we will be offering our love, care and devoted support to Anna and our grandchildren as she also receives counsel and help for her own heart and future. During this time we continue to look to God—He is our rock and comfort. We ask for your continued prayers for our entire family."

Pickles says he is in Chicago. I currently am 500 feet from  a Chik fil la near Downers Grove so my chances of seeing him are great. LOL

At least Anna gets him out of her way for a long time, hopefully she will realize she is A ok on her own and leave!

Oh how the Duggars put a spin on the reactions of most people - "The outpouring of love care and prayers for our family" - really?  What about the outpouring of disgust, dislike, and prayers that you all go away with your constant hypocrisy?  Be real Duggars.  Most people are not outpouring their love and prayers for you.  Stop trying to spin the truth.  Why are you only ignoring the negative comments and outpouring hatred you receive?  

• Love 12

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is part of the plan. Send Josh off to cured and then have a built in job that proves he's all better. Give it a few month and Anna will be heading to IL. 

Poor Josh, having to get up at 4:30 am! And why do the men get dressed before breakfast but the women after?

Good question. The pervy heads of this program probably want an opportunity to see the women in their nightgowns.
  • Love 8

Looking at the bios it seems that most of the staff were big drug abusers. Does that correlate to Joshie-poo's issues? He isn't a drug abuser, he is a sly, double-life living, repeat offending adulterer. I would think they would be separate psychological disciplines, not to mention the physical ramifications of weaning someone off of heroin and alcohol are medical treatments, and I don't see any RNs or MDs on their staff.  And the staff are all young, barely out of the woods themselves addiction-wise, it looks like.

Hmm, all those pretty young ex-druggies residing in the treatment center with Joshie with probably little to no supervision. Maybe he looked at the pictures of the staff and said "Hell yeah, I'll go there for some services, uh, I mean treatments!"

The idea that they are dealing with drug users and no medical staff is terrifying. With people like Josh they will just be ineffectual but trying to wean someone off drugs without the proper medical care could be fatal.

• Love 15

The idea that they are dealing with drug users and no medical staff is terrifying. With people like Josh they will just be ineffectual but trying to wean someone off drugs without the proper medical care could be fatal.

It works for Teen Challenge!  ::shudder::

Should I be ashamed of myself for cracking up laughing at the work ethic part of the program. I do not think Josh Duggar and work ethic fit together. Please pray for me because I think I will get a ticket to you know where for having heathen thoughts.

I knew Josh wanted to marry Anna because she had experience working in a prison ministry. Keep things 'in house'.

Heck - he might *like* it if she talks to him like he's a wayward teen girl.

Josh is able to toss around an adult "like a rag doll." .... If that's so, it's the first thing is that whole mess that really truly surprises me. He looks like all flab to me. Especially his brain.

Also -- Way to spend your salary right before you get fired, stupid irresponsible father of four.

She's probably exaggerating, but I bet he's a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type. Especially with filthy hoors.

The part that cracked me up was when she said he promised her $1500 but only paid $1000. Ha! Like father, like son.

• Love 14

Should I be ashamed of myself for cracking up laughing at the work ethic part of the program. I do not think Josh Duggar and work ethic fit together. Please pray for me because I think I will get a ticket to you know where for having heathen thoughts.

If you are then I am also. It was the first thought that came to me when I read it. Especially the on time part.

But did it ever occur to Jim Bob and Michelle that maybe if he had been allowed a normal childhood and adolescence, he would not have gone down that path?  

I wish I didn't think that the answer is "absolutely not, not for half a second"... and that I didn't think that, even now, they're figuring out how they can make the rest of the kids' lives even more abnormal.

They are not bright, not flexible thinkers, not learners and not willing to imagine that their stupid ideology could ever ever ever be wrong. Plus, they're massive control freaks.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

don't they generally charge more for unprotected?

Absolutely. And many refuse to do unprotected. But this woman kind of makes it sound as if she wasn't really doing sex work regularly but went along with the idea of an encounter with a fan because he promised a fairly big payment, doesn't she? The whole thing sounds odd to me.

• Love 6

Re why Jewish law has different amounts of day wait after a boy and a girl

My question is on the subject of cleanness of a mother after the birth of a male or female (Leviticus 12). The woman is unclean for seven days after a male birth, and after the birth of a female the mother is unclean for fourteen days. Why is there a difference between the birth of males and females?

Answer:

You write the word "cleanliness," when really it is "ritual purity." A woman's "impurity," or "tumah" in Hebrew, during her menstruation is a built-in component of her natural monthly cycle. Her status of "impurity" demonstrates her descent from a peak level of holiness, when she had the ability to conceive a precious new life through her union with her husband.

The status of "tumah" is not meant to imply sinfulness, degradation or inferiority. On the contrary, it emphasizes, in particular, the great level of holiness inherent in woman's G‑dly power to create and nurture a new life within her body, and the great holiness of a husband and wife's union, in general. Since a woman possesses this lofty potential, she, also bears the possibility of its void; hence her status as tameh, ritually impure. Since she experienced "the touch of death," so to speak, with the loss of potential life, as reflected by her menstruation, she enters this status of "impure."

After having given birth to a baby boy, a woman must wait a minimum of seven days before beginning her pure days; while after a baby girl is born, she must wait a minimum of fourteen days. Since the female child inherently carries a higher degree of holiness, due to her own biological, life creating capability, a greater void, or tumah, remains after her birth. Thus, the greater tumah after a baby girl's birth reflects her greater capacity for holiness (due to her creative powers) and necessitates the longer wait to remove this ritual impurity.

Wow, this is fascinating.  How do you know this?  I'm copying and pasting for my own future reference :-)

Edited by Granny58

CofCinci - I can't get your link to open.  Do you think they shut down that page?

It opened for me. Google Reformers Unanimous. (I assume this is meant to be a play on words? Argh.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

This rehab has DISASTER written all over it. All Josh needs to start his "new beginning" is one woman willing to have sex with him, and the possibilities of debauchery, jealousies, future love triangles/hexagons, sex for Josh's money to pay for their heroin, etc, and the implosion at the facility will be heard round the world.

Also, and I admit this is shallow on its face, but the men pictured on the staff page give me the creeps and raise the alarms that usually serve me well. The bios of ALL staff, women and men, are frightening in their complete absence of qualifications as counselors.

This rehab choice is a ginormous mistake for Josh Duggar, as well as for Anna and their kids' hope for a healthy future. Jim Bob Duggar's hubris will destroy Josh and the people closest to him.

• Love 15

She's probably exaggerating, but I bet he's a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type. Especially with filthy hoors.

The part that cracked me up was when she said he promised her $1500 but only paid $1000. Ha! Like father, like son.

Buy used, save the difference.
  • Love 22

Wow, he really is going to redo another Hobby Lobby.

• Love 11
On the bright side, at least Anna won't have to cook for and clean up after this asshole for a while. I hope she won't be in the TTH cleaning up after Dim Bulb, either. I want her at home, with her kids, watching Dr Phil and drinking boxed wine.

My fear is they will insist that Anna remain under someone's headship while Josh is gone.  Can't have a grown woman and four kids leading their own lives now, can we?  Will they make her move into the TTH?  This really, really sucks for her, no matter how you slice it. 

• Love 16

Kinda ironic that their supposed big problem with getting him real state-provided counseling for the molestation was that they didn't want him to be around other bad people who'd done the same stuff...... But now that the bad people belong to nutso Christian cults like theirs, apparently that's fine and dandy.

• Love 14