Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

This video wasn't anything more than a commercial for that fitness thing she was advertising. She does it for the $$, not that she cares to "share" her life with any "fans".

Oh, absolutely, Jessa doesn't even pretend to care about others; unlike so many influencers (Carlin and Evan, anyone?).  I doubt it works as a money making strategy, but it is kind of refreshing for this crowd.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Oh, absolutely, Jessa doesn't even pretend to care about others; unlike so many influencers (Carlin and Evan, anyone?).  I doubt it works as a money making strategy, but it is kind of refreshing for this crowd.

Given her YT subscriber numbers and the number of views of her videos, I think she's pulling in money. Perhaps a few thousand a month, depending on sponsorships. But she's pretty lazy and sporadic about posting videos. If she got serious about creating interesting content and posted videos more often, she'd probably earn more than that.

I'm sure there are wannabe influencers who would kill to have Jessa's YT subscriber number; at the moment it's 265,000. Thats a sh*t ton of subscribers, especially for such a lackadaisical YouTube creator as Jessa. 

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Useful 8

Jessa's sitting at 159 videos, which isn't too crazy since her channel was created on 5/31/13.  But, she has 42,966,338 views, which is the most important metric.  YT pays out AdSense based on the number of views, so she's averaging 27,000 views per video.  Estimated yearly earnings are roughly $21,000.  It's a nice chunk of change for not putting in a whole lot of work (*this is Jessa after all*), but she could easily grow it to something more with just a little more effort (*see note above*).

PS-I got all my numbers from Jessa's Social Blade profile.

• Useful 8
59 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Jessa's sitting at 159 videos, which isn't too crazy since her channel was created on 5/31/13.  But, she has 42,966,338 views, which is the most important metric.  YT pays out AdSense based on the number of views, so she's averaging 27,000 views per video.  Estimated yearly earnings are roughly $21,000.  It's a nice chunk of change for not putting in a whole lot of work (*this is Jessa after all*), but she could easily grow it to something more with just a little more effort (*see note above*).

PS-I got all my numbers from Jessa's Social Blade profile.

Jessa's videos don't have ads. I think she makes less than others whose videos contain ads. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Social Blade takes into account whether the account is monetized.  Good news for her, you do not need to be a YT partner to make money (direct source from Google).  Are they supporting themselves on her social media?  Probably not.  Does it bring in some extra cash each month?  Yeah.  I would hope Jessa knows she has to be upfront regarding any paid/sponsored content.  It can't just hidden somewhere on the screen anymore, and they have been cracking down the last year or so.  I have a paid sponsorship with a company on Instagram.  The owner of the business was very open to what I post, but I have to make sure the 'paid sponsorship' box is checked.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 7