Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 7/5/2016 at 5:33 PM, louannems said:

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/848120168654967/?type=3&source=54

Jessa and Spurgeon are spending time at the compound.  Jessa must get lonely while Bin is away flipping houses with the Duggars .

I wonder if Michelle gets after Jessa for being such a good, attentive and loving mom.  I know it sounds terrible, but my mom had 5 babies in 7 years, and she always chided me on holding my only child (at the time ), so much.  She thought I sang or read to him too often, held him too long, nursed too often, played with and just enjoyed him too much!  My own mom was probably jealous that I was able to, as she had too many kids and she was constantly cooking and cleaning!

I don't think Jessa looks happy in that picture .  She looks like she would rather be anywhere else. (Who wouldn't?)

14 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think Jessa looks happy in that picture .  She looks like she would rather be anywhere else. (Who wouldn't?)

She totally looks like she's so "over it". She's so biding her time...she's gonna run with Bin and the Spurge faster than she and Bin ran up the aisle to kiss in peace.

After seeing picture after picture showing the Duggars' utter disregard for child safety posted to the internet, I really think they think that they will never be harmed. I hope that little nubby thing is superglued on the doorstop.  

I assume this was first posted to Jessa's IG (I took it from a fan account). 

I think Spurge is cute. My kids loved those things.  I never thought to take the tips off.  But then again, they never pulled them off.  We had the springy ones and they liked to flick them.

• Love 3

Spurge is cute, but those nubby things come off pretty easily. When my dog was a puppy he used to pull them off the door stops all the time. Hopefully she keeps a good eye on him when he's crawling around.

I also bet that Jessa has deleted and blocked every person who expressed concern for Spurge in this picture. She's an expert at sticking her fingers in her ears and figuratively shouting, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!1111"

• Love 6

Spurge is cute, but those nubby things come off pretty easily. When my dog was a puppy he used to pull them off the door stops all the time. Hopefully she keeps a good eye on him when he's crawling around.

The other eye's on her phone screen, though.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Can you post this on FJ, where I got flamed for posting this? It's times like this that I remember why I took a 3 year break from that place. I told them that you can eat that shit, and it had no effect on these people. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Can you post this on FJ, where I got flamed for posting this? It's times like this that I remember why I took a 3 year break from that place. I told them that you can eat that shit, and it had no effect on these people. 

You might have saved a life, SEW SUMI. Maybe someone on that site who needs to see that message, will.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

or, you know GO THROUGH HIS EYE.

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't bother, it's been posted.  Due to so much BEC over there, they're correcting course, maybe overcorrecting.  But anyone who comments negatively on the picture is being shouted down.

To be honest, the floor doesn't look too dirty and whoever is taking the picture is right there.  There's no way to know if they wandered off after that and left Spurge to his own devices, but there's also been no reports of them needing medical assistance like they'd need if he swallowed the tip of the springy thing.

Time to move on.  I'm so glad I didn't take pictures of all the mistakes I made regarding home safety when my kids were little!  You wouldn't believe all the well-deserved crap I'd have gotten!

• Love 14
On July 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM, lookeyloo said:

I think Spurge is cute. My kids loved those things.  I never thought to take the tips off.  But then again, they never pulled them off.  We had the springy ones and they liked to flick them.

I was gonna say, kids are riveted by the sound of the spring!  My sister was addicted to them for a while.

• Love 1

I just think it's a weird picture to post.

On to other snark...wonder if jessa has seen the Holy Goalie shirtless? Nike!

Jessa and Jeremy would've been a more fun couple...both seem bossy. The sparks would fly. 

Jinger and Ben are a bit less dominant, particularly Jinger. They mightve been a nicer couple overall. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe they can trade...For all we know there's some sort of clause that makes it OK as long as it all stays in the family.

I think the Duggars have already done enough of "keeping it within the family"...

You all know where I'll be...trudges off to the prayer closet...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe they can trade...For all we know there's some sort of clause that makes it OK as long as it all stays in the family.

If there isn't one about this already I'm sure they can invent a new rule. 

• Love 2

Ben has worn the Love God/Hate Sin cap for at least a year, and we've seen him attempt to drop beats. We saw Jessa recoil in horror. They just need to STOP. She also doesn't seem inclined to wear God Gear. Joy is the only girl I've seen in it of late (just last week, in that skating picture with the buddy team). I don't think I've ever seen Jessa or Jinger in God Gear. 

Let's thank our lucky stars for the small victories. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder why Bin would choose a girl like Jessa, and not date other girls, who are normal. What's the appeal in the Duggar cult?

Coz she has a pretty face? He wanted to get laid so bad, he'd have done anything for a piece o dat.

6 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder why Bin would choose a girl like Jessa, and not date other girls, who are normal. What's the appeal in the Duggar cult?

Coz she has a pretty face? He wanted to get laid so bad, he'd have done anything for a piece o dat.

On 7/8/2016 at 7:58 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's a great idea! Jessa & Jeremy and Ben and Jinger.  Much better matches.  The dozens of kids that would follow though, now that Splurgeon is here would the new couples children be his half siblings or cousins?  That would be confusing.  If this Jinger/Jeremy thing goes through to the final finish I wonder if in 2/5/7 years time if trade offs will happen eventually.  Maybe Jeremy being a former soccer player is used to being traded anyway so it could be a smooth transition for everyone.  Like a sports team.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Bin: Fame that'll lead to a TeeVee preacher-to-the-millennials career of his own?

Derick: Fame in the fundie world to help ease his way into a missionary career that he'd learned was hard to get into?

Jeremy: Fame for a similar reason?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Cuz maybe pretty young normal girls weren't lining up to date a hate spewing, God preaching, pretty boy?

• Love 14

At least Derick TRIED. There was talk that he was doing SBC grad school online for a semester before that talk died down and ended up probably being just a rumor fueled by a pic of Jerick both "studying" with their laptops on the living room floor. At least Derick went to Nepal, even if it was under shady circumstances. 

Jeremy found a church in San Antonio when he played soccer there a couple of years ago, attached himself to it, and Voila! he's an "ordained pastor" of a plant church now. He definitely took the easy route. I can see him definitely attaching to the Duggars for the fame, just like Ben did. But Ben also wanted the "hot" Duggar and made his intentions known right away. Jeremy didn't appear to do that with Jinger. It almost seems like he's "settling" in order to further his own ambitions. I hope not, because that would be awful for Jinger. 

• Love 3

Jessa was the hottest and most glamorous in their tiny fishbowl of candidates. Bin was a teenage boy thinking the way teen boys think. The End.

derrick was looking for prayer partners/donors for his mission trip, and Jim bob introduced him to Jill. Those two are clueless geeks who liked missions just clicked.

josh - they would've married him to anyone just to get him married. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jessa was the hottest and most glamorous in their tiny fishbowl of candidates. Bin was a teenage boy thinking the way teen boys think. The End.

derrick was looking for prayer partners/donors for his mission trip, and Jim bob introduced him to Jill. Those two are clueless geeks who liked missions just clicked.

josh - they would've married him to anyone just to get him married. 

And, at least by their definition, their marriage is  a success. Anna is in it through thick and thin, and willing to forgive anything as long as he makes the proper repentant noises. Plus she appears to be joyfully available...What more could one ask of a wife?

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ben also wanted the "hot" Duggar and made his intentions known right away. Jeremy didn't appear to do that with Jinger. It almost seems like he's "settling" in order to further his own ambitions.

I wonder if Jeremy would have taken any one of the available Duggar daughters and Jinger happens to be the one that Jim Bob offered up. It would make a weird kind of sense for Jim Bob to want to get Jinger safely married off the first chance he got. I'm certain that Jim Bob and Michelle are well aware that Jinger has always been a favorite among internet posters who would love to see her escape from her parents' clutches. She even has a website, "Free Jinger", named after her, which must really piss them off. I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Bob blames her for that and regards her as a loose cannon who needs to be pushed into matrimony before she causes any trouble. A few years ago, finding a husband for her would have been easy, but after Joshgate and the resulting scandals, the number of potential suitors for the Duggar girls dried up. Then Jeremy appeared, frankly on the make and looking to join the family and Jim Bob decided that this was his chance to unload Jinger.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 4
On 7/6/2016 at 9:37 AM, Churchhoney said:

I'm having issues with the quote button on this thread. So here it goes:

Defrauder    

17 HOURS AGO

ON 7/8/2016 AT 6:58 PM, JYNNAN TONNIX SAID:

That's a great idea! Jessa & Jeremy and Ben and Jinger.  Much better matches.  The dozens of kids that would follow though, now that Splurgeon is here would the new couples children be his half siblings or cousins?  That would be confusing.  If this Jinger/Jeremy thing goes through to the final finish I wonder if in 2/5/7 years time if trade offs will happen eventually.  Maybe Jeremy being a former soccer player is used to being traded anyway so it could be a smooth transition for everyone.  Like a sports team.

Hilarious!!! OMG just pass him around! I don't think Jinger will mind if she has a heart for her true love Bin.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

jessa and jeremy really do make a better couple.

Jinger and Ben make an adorable couple really. 

Jim Boob got his wires crossed on this one.  

Bbbbbbb-but-but God told Jim Boob who was right for who.

• Love 7

Well, Ben showed up at least a couple of years earlier, right? So Jeremy still wasn't on the horizon by the time Jessa basically decided she was getting married come hell or high water, and Ben was handy and smitten...else I do suspect she'd have opted otherwise. On the other hand, I personally think Ben is far cuter than Jeremy, so maybe she really did find him attractive.

• Love 1

I hate to say this but I prefer Ben to Jeremy. 

We don't know Jeremy well but first impressions? He seems like he is wound tight. He could crack a walnut with his ass. Mix that uptight, intense personality with a strict, rigid religion?  Not liking it. Jinger is so meek. It just looks off. 

Ben seems like a young know it all but I don't get that controlling vibe from him. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Marigold said:

We don't know Jeremy well but first impressions? He seems like he is wound tight. He could crack a walnut with his ass. Mix that uptight, intense personality with a strict, rigid religion?  Not liking it. Jinger is so meek. It just looks off. 

Ben seems like a young know it all but I don't get that controlling vibe from him. 

It's because he's completely p---- whipped by Jessa. It's almost hilarious being that in their theocracy, he's her headship...

• Love 2

Yeah, i can see that but Ben naturally seems like a more laid back personality.  He might be p-whipped but he looks like he can laugh. Jeremy looks tense. Tense and rigid makes me uncomfortable.  Jeremy could never be p-whipped...he likes to do the controlling not be controlled.  I would rather Ben.  He will eventually mature and stop wearing his hat backwards. ;)

Derick looks dirty to me. Plus, he is a dreamer and has no chutzpuh.Not to mention I think he is freaking nuts. 

Jeremy looks too tense and rigid.Too much stress trying to toe the line with him. 

I'm going with Team Ben, which is not saying much, but I have to amuse myself somehow. 

• Love 5
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's because he's completely p---- whipped by Jessa. It's almost hilarious being that in their theocracy, he's her headship...

I kind of think that as far as Jim Bob and his many spawn are concerned, simply being the Duggar in your marriage makes you headship number two to eternal headship number one JB in your new family, no matter whether you're male or female. The Duggars are the world's top-class people, JB speaks his top-class shit through all his children and thus they all operate as headships of whatever poor saps they marry, no matter what.

Wondering how that will play out in the Jinger/Jeremy union. I'm thinking that JB may have to exercise his headship directly on Jeremy, since Jinger doesn't strike me as having the natural headship bossiness that Jessa and even Jill do so I don't see her being a very good JB surrogate. Of course, it may not matter since JB uses his headship only to promote the family fortunes, so as long as he doesn't do anything to hurt the teevee franchise, Jeremy will probably be able to run his household the way he wants. And I'm sure Jeremy will be as eager to sustain the Duggar fam fame as JB is. 

Of course similar eagerness helps keep Derick and Bin in line, too, I'm sure, so Jessa has help to maintain control in her house.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
On 7/8/2016 at 0:03 PM, Zahdii said:

Don't bother, it's been posted.  Due to so much BEC over there, they're correcting course, maybe overcorrecting.  But anyone who comments negatively on the picture is being shouted down.

To be honest, the floor doesn't look too dirty and whoever is taking the picture is right there.  There's no way to know if they wandered off after that and left Spurge to his own devices, but there's also been no reports of them needing medical assistance like they'd need if he swallowed the tip of the springy thing.

Time to move on.  I'm so glad I didn't take pictures of all the mistakes I made regarding home safety when my kids were little!  You wouldn't believe all the well-deserved crap I'd have gotten!

my boys are grown now, 26 & 24, I remember when they were about 7 & 5 or somewhere in that vicinity, we had a tree in our backyard. Limbs twisted and turned, just right for climbing. I could see them from the kitchen sink and would holler every time I saw them in it. Guess what, I finally closed the blinds, they were little boys, adventurous, exploring....and guess what else, they never fell out and now they are grown. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Yeah, i can see that but Ben naturally seems like a more laid back personality.  He might be p-whipped but he looks like he can laugh. Jeremy looks tense. Tense and rigid makes me uncomfortable.  Jeremy could never be p-whipped...he likes to do the controlling not be controlled.  I would rather Ben.  He will eventually mature and stop wearing his hat backwards. ;)

Derick looks dirty to me. Plus, he is a dreamer and has no chutzpuh.Not to mention I think he is freaking nuts. 

Jeremy looks too tense and rigid.Too much stress trying to toe the line with him. 

I'm going with Team Ben, which is not saying much, but I have to amuse myself somehow. 

He has the look of a student who used to work for me.  BO all the gd time!  Man that kid was ripe.  Nice but ripe.  On the flip side, Ben looks like the type that uses WAY too much Polo.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

Tense and rigid? You just described Jessa. 

• Love 4

I don't see that either Ben or Jessa possess much of a sense of humor at all. Just because they can smile for selfies doesn't mean that they crack jokes or have...wait for it...FUN! They seem so, sooooo serious and dull. 

• Love 9

Oooh! I'll play! 

Driving in car with headship.

1. Scenario Jeremy: " I don't care for that skirt you wore today to church. Please don't wear it again." Smiles at you but shark eyes are pitch black and holding your hand so tightly it hurts.

2. Scenario Ben : " You look so sexy in that skirt that's the same color as the stuff I squirt  out of that container onto my ham sandwiches.. the sound is kinda like a fart when it comes out...what's that color again, schnookums?  Mustard?!? Yeah. .I like that skirt! Sorry I'm an idiot." *begins crying*

3. Scenario Derrik: " I have three skirts you can borrow if you like, honey. When we get home, we'll put Izzy in with the bees for a bit to keep him occupied and we can both play dress up." * passes the dutchie on the left hand side*

4. Scenario Boob: " Ima pull into this rest stop over there so make yourself joyfully available Mechelle. No skirt necessary."

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't see that either Ben or Jessa possess much of a sense of humor at all. Just because they can smile for selfies doesn't mean that they crack jokes or have...wait for it...FUN! They seem so, sooooo serious and dull. 

I think it's called Calvinism?

Guess I just earned another trip to the prayer closet. Heard there's tapas tonight...my favorite.

• Love 3

I don't get a laid back vibe from Ben at all. I think he appears rigid, uptight and overly focused on looks. On the flip side I think his is disciplined and self-motivated. And if he has an intelligent side he hasn't shown it.

I think he falls in line with Jessa as far as parenting goes, and after that what else do they do? Jessa has already been trained to do the wild thing whenever her husband wants it.

He obviously spends a lot of time online, because he reaches out to every Christian Tom, Dick or Harry that he thinks is young and cool. Is he asserting his headship there?

But really, what is he the headship of?

• Love 1

Ben is trying too hard to make up for the fact he is so young and dopey. He so desperately wants to be an adult and Bible Banging Baptist!  He is 10 yrs younger than Jeremy and about 6 younger than Derick. Both of whom went to college.  Poor Ben is like a baby duckling paddling furiously to keep up with the flock. 

I don't think Ben has an amazing sense of humor but he does look he could be funny sometimes or joke around.  He has been social with all the people he chases on the internet to be his friend and all the people he pretends to interview. That has to count for something. 

Derick just lectures people in bad Spanish who probably only want a sandwich or some candy for their child and can't get away.  Derick is a snoozer. 

Jeremy? Not sure yet but he just looks so intense. 

• Love 5

It strikes me that although Jeremy might well have grown up, left his wilder days behind, and gotten control over his temper (if this was, in fact, an issue...just speculating) without religion, it may have been a good sobering influence in his life at a time he needed one. It's too bad that he was brought up with such a strict brand of fundyism, and too bad that he glommed onto it with such fervor when he returned to the fold, but overall it might have been a goo - , um,  not a bad thing.

Ben, on the other hand, I think was completely ruined by being brought up the was he was. I think there's a very sweet, rather artistic, if not terribly bright soul in there. His drawings show a bit of natural talent, and he must have done quite a bit of sketching in his free time at some point by the looks of them. Likewise, his letters to Jessa show that he would really like to be able to express himself in a poetic manner (the natural talent does not extend that far), and he seems (or did during their courtship/engagement/honeymoon...I don't know whether the bloom really has come off the rose) to make a point of doing special, thoughtful little things for her. If he had been allowed to grow up without it being drummed into his psyche that he was, by nature, a sinner whose best intentions were nothing but as filthy rags, he might have been a completely different personality.

Derek, I don't know...He really does appear to be one of those hippy-dippy sorts who, with or without religion would probably have found a way to drift from one ill-conceived if well-intentioned pursuit to another. He happened to fall into the Duggar cult, but might well have fallen into something equally bizarre in a completely different way without the fundy upbringing.

• Love 7