Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Funny that Jessa or any of her fundie brethren, are posting well-wishes for the tragedy in Orlando overnight. Not.a.peep. I guess it's only newsworthy to them when like-minded people are affected. When I saw the tweet from the Lt. Gov. of Texas, saying you "reap what you sow," I knew that the fundies would fail to stand up for the victims. 

Then Jessa posts this. Fuck her. 

• Love 18
(edited)

'Are you also content to take Him for your only Lord and King, to govern and guide you by His laws and Spirit? Are you willing to obey Him even when He commands the hardest of duties and those which are most contrary to the desires of your flesh? Are you sorry when you break your resolution, but happy when you stay in close obedience to Him? Would you not change your Lord and Master for all the world? This is the way it is with every true Christian'

More and more Bin seems like a pitiful creature (I suspect Jessa uses this shit as a control). I bet even their gawd would prefer happy and content people over miserable greedy bastards speaking in HI$ name. Everything they do is for $$$$, none of it is for gawd. The phony missions, tv ministry, none of that is for gawd. What are they trying to sell. Oh wait, they still have foolish fans who they can manipulate for $$$. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7

Just shut up Seewald's.  Can't stand your sign, won't listen to your rantings, won't read your nonsense.  Who do they think they are?  Special?  Better than us?  Most of us who post here have done more good then they have ever thought about, and Jesus likes us better because of it.  He wants us to be good to one another and show by example.  God likes us more than you two, so go stuff it.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Funny that Jessa or any of her fundie brethren, are posting well-wishes for the tragedy in Orlando overnight. Not.a.peep. I guess it's only newsworthy to them when like-minded people are affected. When I saw the tweet from the Lt. Gov. of Texas, saying you "reap what you sow," I knew that the fundies would fail to stand up for the victims. 

Then Jessa posts this. Fuck her. 

The Lt Guv of TX thankfully does not speak for all of us who live in Texas. What an asshat!

No doubt the Rev Anderson will have something nasty to say as well.  

Another person was arrested for taking arms and explosives to the LA Pride parade as well.  

I think it's disgusting the Duggars won't offer prayers to the victims and their families. The hate is REAL, and it's scary.  Our Pride festivities start next week, and I'm nervous about what might happen there. We've already had at least one transgender person murderd in the past few weeks. Lots of people may not agree with LGBT people on many things, but they don't wish them any ill or harm, either.

• Love 13

Pffft. The Seewalds have already (seeming) accepted earthly health and wealth over their (true) spiritual beliefs. Have fun being not born again, Seaworlds!

Funny that Jessa or any of her fundie brethren, are posting well-wishes for the tragedy in Orlando overnight.

Things only matter if they happen to them, or they can make a buck off it.

• Love 10

Was just looking at Spurge's photos. He is one cute baby! It also hit me last night, who Jessa & Spurge remind me of -- Lauren Maltby or Margie from the Zenon Girl of 21st Century trilogy movies that ran on the Disney Channel! My young niece watched them a few days ago after we DVR'd them when they were on TV, for an old school Disney Movie Marathon. 

And now I feel old.....anyone else see the resemblance? 

The Guv's mansion in Texas has a Florida flag hanging on it.  According to The Advocate, the Lt Guv's Twit post about reaping what you sow had been deleted. Sorry, social media posts don't really go away..like the Church Lady would say: Well, isn't that convenient?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

If Charles Spurgeon be anything, he be bad at English. 

No, what Spurgeon said is correct.  It's a subjunctive use of the verb (rather than indicative).  Some other examples:

"If I were a carpenter..."
"I asked that the yard be mowed Tuesday."
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I prefer Our Boob That Art In Our Business.

Oh, The Boob's Prayer

Our Boob, Who art in our business

Hell to pay be thy game

Booklets of Wisdumb

Thy shill be done

Thy grifting rises to the heavens.

Give us this day, our tater tot casserole 

And lead us on a missioncation and protect us from the liberal media

Let us forgive the trespasses of other Fundie only

For thine is the compound, the headship, and the control

Forever and ever...Ramen

• Love 17

I am not usually fond of Jessa  but I have to give her credit for this instagram. Even if she doesn't believe it, it is still a good thing.  I hope there is real compassion behind it.  Regardless, that is pretty major for a Duggar.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Are Bin and Jessa the only ones to acknowledge and offer sympathy for the tragedy in Orlando today (from the boob empire)? Really happy to see them have this response.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Jessa's quoting Spurgeon.

I can't help but think that Ben will get over his man-crush on Charles Spurgeon sooner or later, and that name is going to flash his youthful smugness back into his face every day (until Spurgeon changes his name to Tom).

• Love 10
(edited)
25 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I am not usually fond of Jessa  but I have to give her credit for this instagram. Even if she doesn't believe it, it is still a good thing.  I hope there is real compassion behind it.  Regardless, that is pretty major for a Duggar.  

Like I posted earlier, I really hoped this might be an awakening for Jessa to maybe begin to learn some tolerance. It will take a long time for her to even begin to be deprogrammed from Duggar bullshit.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TomServo said:

No, what Spurgeon said is correct.  It's a subjunctive use of the verb (rather than indicative).  Some other examples:

"If I were a carpenter..."
"I asked that the yard be mowed Tuesday."
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

You're absolutely right, but still I loved Kokapeti's post.

• Love 5
(edited)

Regarding that Spurgeon quote. It reads to me that while they hate the violence, they are still condemning the victims to Hell. Just some lovely "love the sinner, hate the sin" preaching on such a tragic day. 

It's almost as if she went out of her way to express to her fundie following that she does NOT really stand with the LGBT community, but rather only sees what happened only as an act of terror and not also hate.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Jessa likely posted the Orlando tribute because it's trendy and shows off what an uber Christian she is by offering prayers for the ebil gays. Jessa has always struck me as rigid and intolerant. She couldn't even handle Christian rap music ffs, so I'm a tad skeptical she's found love in her heart for the LGBT community.

• Love 12

Yeah, judging from my FB feed, the fundie stance seems to be that "radical muslims" out-evil gays, as long as the gays are American, but not by much. Sorry, Blessa, posting a picture because it's trendy, even though it directly conflicts with the hate and judgement you and your whole family spew at every available opportunity (not to mention active campaigning to strip the LGBT community of rights because Jesus allegedly said so), doesn't make me think you're a good person. 

• Love 7
(edited)

ARWEN EVENSTAR no one is giving you props for that spectacular smidgen of prose, "The Boob's Prayer.  Awesome.  I give you many arrows and chalkboard saying props...

Jim Boobs DIY mold remediation 

What is this, 4 or 5 Lost Boys and Howler Monkeys in flip flops sharing 3 bottles of Aldi- brand Clorox Cleanup??

Forever and ever...Ramen

Yep, Ramen noodles last about 22 years in the cupboard, you got that right.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

Hunh? I didn't even connect the first quote to Orlando at all. I thought the Sprugeon quote was something to do with Bin suffering it out on earth with Jessa to get to heaven and completely unrelated. Yikes if it is their first reaction!  I saw the second 'weep with those who weep' as their response to the tragedy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ben posted about Orlando before both of Jessa's posts, so they were definitely in that mindset.

eta:She undid every bit of good Ben might have done with his brief statement that seemed sympathetic with her additional posts on  FB, which were far more incendiary than what she put on IG, which was, as I noted before, more of the passive-aggressive variety.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/duggar-daughter-responds-to-orlando-attack-with-messages-from-anti-lgbt-pastors/

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really hope Bin and Jessa read the fb comments. They have to right? Cause some of these are scathing

"""I bet none of the Gay people in that club tried to play stink finger with their little sisters LIKE JOSH. I hope all Dugger's end up in hell with terrorist. Shut up and go breed more Hitler youth babies."""

"Why are you using the words of a man who abhors LGBTQ people to memorialize the lives of LGBTQ people who were murdered? Just disgusting."""

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4

Okay, that first post was way over the line, but I have no problem with the second. 

24 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I don't think that either Jessa or Ben could quote someone who wasn't anti-LGBT; it's all they know.

AFAIK, Ben just wrote a short statement in his own words, which was actually perfectly decent. After that, it seems to have gone downhill, fast. Thanks, Jessa! 

• Love 1

Ben might be able to carry that off, but I doubt Jessa could keep the stank off her puss. Unlike Jessa, Ben's already proven he can cross racial barriers better than his visibly uncomfortable wife.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

ARWEN EVENSTAR no one is giving you props for that spectacular smidgen of prose, "The Boob's Prayer.  Awesome.  I give you many arrows and chalkboard saying props...

What is this, 4 or 5 Lost Boys and Howler Monkeys in flip flops sharing 3 bottles of Aldi- brand Clorox Cleanup??

Yep, Ramen noodles last about 22 years in the cupboard, you got that right.

@WhineandCheez thanks for the high 5 and the good vibes.

Your description of DIY mold remediation would likely be done by the howlers and likely in that fashion.

Ramen closes Flying Spaghetti Monster prayers. I used Ramen since Boob isn't God, even though get gas enough hubris to believe he is.

21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Well, season 2 plot line: Jessa's frenemies with the gays.

I've got a better idea: Jessa should get herself on RuPauls Drag U and get a drag queen makeover.

Folks, once again we are reeling from another tragedy. Feel free to commiserate (without pointing blame/talking politics) in the Small Talk area. We've removed a couple of posts that were getting too heated and hitting that political talk line. Let's come together rather than stew in anger.

• Love 4

That we are, Frenchtoast, this tragedy has been gut wrenching to say the least.  I stayed curled up in a ball most of yesterday, reeling...still reeling from this senseless loss of life and violence, as many of us are.

? and standing with Orlando and the LGBTQI community ?

• Love 6

I'm wondering when we're going to see more photos of Bam Bam.  Since Blessa managed to upset many with hers posts, no doubt she'll do what my friend does: when he thinks I'm mad at him, he'll text me a picture of his dog to appease me. No doubt some adorable pics of The Spurgeonator are forthcoming?

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I wonder if Jessa is aware of why she upset people? 

Maybe she is and posts anyway. I just wonder if she even "gets" it at all.  i think Ben does a little. 

Good point, Marigold, and one I hadn't given much thought to. As infuriating as we find it, I bet Jessa genuinely has no idea the hurt that kind of shit causes. How could she? She's only ever been surrounded by fundiebots. She has zero life experience, firsthand or otherwise, with what gay people have to deal with every day--from the idiotic "what a waste" comments I get to a maniac opening fire in a nightclub--all of that and everything in between is being propagated and supported by her. She has no clue. She is so far removed and cocooned in her little fundie cloud where all the photos have filters and all the unpleasant comments are deleted. You know a TLC special I'd watch the hell out of? Jill and Jessa Have an Unscripted Conversation With a Gay Person. She is absolutely convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she's a good and righteous person who is only trying to help others to be good and righteous too, and, like all the Duggars, is too dumb (apparently) for critical thinking as an adult. I might be burying my head in the roses on this one, but I have a feeling that if Jessa GENUINELY understood the level of hurt those kinds of posts actually cause, she wouldn't do it.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 11

I believe, given her posts, that she truly believes that if the people in the club had been saved, they wouldn't be gay, wouldn't have been in the club, and therefore would be alive today. That kind of lazy thinking makes my blood boil. 

• Love 19

You know a TLC special I'd watch the hell out of? Jill and Jessa Have an Unscripted Conversation With a Gay Person.

Please let these gay people be...uh, not white, too. You have the power Nancy Daniels.

I also want to see her explain femininity to a group of trans women, while Ben teacher trans men about the patriarchy.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Aja said:

You know a TLC special I'd watch the hell out of? Jill and Jessa Have an Unscripted Conversation With a Gay Person. She is absolutely convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she's a good and righteous person who is only trying to help others to be good and righteous too, and, like all the Duggars, is too dumb (apparently) for critical thinking as an adult. 

Jill and Jessa would be on FOX News in 3...2...1 alleging that TLC was "forcing them" to talk with people they didn't want to spend time with. They don't care that their attitudes hurt others. And they never will.

You are kind to think that Jessa has a conscience re: her behavior toward others. It's not standard equipment for her.

• Love 7