Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I wonder how many leghumpers have ignored the fine print on the Seewald blog and posted these pics on their fangirl instagram accounts? I've never blogged. Can they really tell if someone has downloaded a pic?

On 4/29/2016 at 8:27 PM, graefin said:

Grr...lately every time I try to post a response, it manages to dredge up something I wrote weeks ago and never got around to sending, but it won't let me move forward until I "use" the unfinished post, but won't let me delete the quote box. So just ignore that bit...it's irrelevant. 

6 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I am shocked and amazed at the pics jessa posts.  I agree that you only post the best, but it looks like the real deal to me.  She is lucky to have had a smiling, happy baby.  Sometimes babies are just "serious".  (You know the ones - they just don't giggle, and seem to be taking in the world - I think what's his name who is Jill's baby probably is far more serious than Spurge).  I remember being surprised at myself, how my baby consumed me.  He was always squeaky clean, giggling and dressed for pictures every day.  He was my entire world.  That's what Spurge reminds me of, my first child.  It really does help when they're gigglers.  Jess looks different to me since having him.  I doubt she's trying all that hard to keep from having another;  I know I thought mine was so fun I couldn't WAIT to do it again.   Good first babies trick you into thinking you're good at motherhood.  

Here's what I was trying to respond to (though it's slightly off topic being a personal observation)...My first baby WAS my most difficult. I suppose if it wasn't for the fact that the process of building a whole human being wasn't so incredible and fascinating, and that as an only child who had always pined for siblings I was determined not to leave him similarly lonesome, I would have hesitated to have more. Not being all that familiar with babies on the whole, I just assumed they were all that way. It wasn't until my daughter was born 22 months later that I realized that babies didn't automatically wake up screaming bloody murder every morning; that were content to just be held, and snuggled back, rather than  being held like dead weight and walked from room to room so they could observe a change in scenery more or less constantly. My first lived to push all my buttons, and the second lived for peace and approval. The third was the giggler. Oddly enough they all grew up very focused and more or less serious, and all inherited my husband's impatient streak. My daughter is actually more like him than either of the boys are.

I think Jessa is pretty happy as a wife and mother because, first of all, she doesn't have to do all the work herself, so probably has more free time, in actuality, than she did back in the day of multiple "buddies" and jurisdictions. And secondly, for all that Ben is the theoretical headship, I think she can play him like a ukelele, and between that and her very own baby, who, as has been observed, does seem to have a sweet disposition and still has months to go before he learns to say "no!", she has the sense of control she has always craved.

• Love 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, louannems said:

I had to look at Spurgeon 's 7 month photos on Seewaldfamilyblog .  There is a picture of him in a plaid shirt, sitting up, on a blanket.  Off against the wall is a leather brief case/satchel.  It has to be Ben's and I imagine he is attending college, and those are his textbooks. Or perhaps it's just Ben's preaching materials!

img-1971.jpg

img-4123.png

img-2025.jpg

the images above are hosted by their website. I think they can tell when each different IP address requests the files.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

The third picture in that series, that Koka did not post, is a very unfortunate pic. He is wearing a checked shirt with overalls sitting on the floor in front of his crib. Maybe it's the camera angle combined with Spurgie's position.

I think Jessa is just happy to get out of that Duggar Dungeon.

Ben is probably easier to deal with than Jim Bob, who we all agree is a bossy douchebag. She only has to take care of her OWN child.  She cleans her OWN house and cooks her OWN food or goes out to a restaraunt that SHE chooses. Jessa goes to bed when she wants, shops where she wants and plays on her phone when she wants. She can even use the bathroom and play with her hair when she wants without checking with another sister.   For once, she is "Jessa" and not some J kid who has no autonomy. 

It must be like a cool breeze and cold drink when in the desert to actually live your OWN life. That Duggarville is dry and hot with all the rules, restrictions and cut off from society. 

Ben is a know it all and wouldn't appeal to me. For Jessa?  He is probably pretty darn OK.  Plus, Ben gives her attention, something she didn't get as a J kid. Ben probably knows her favorite kind of ice cream and knows she hates a particular something.  Michelle never knew any of that nor was she capable of knowing that.

I think jessa is a happy girl right about now!

ben? I think he is still adjusting to married life with a baby. I also don't think his family was as cut off and restrictive and the Duggars so he might be adjusting to MORE rules living on top of Jim Bob Duggar.  

• Love 14

Great post, Marigold! I think Jessa is finally getting to enjoy a bit of her own life away from the compound.  I'm sure if she gets "uppity", Boob will be quick to remind her that she lives rent free in Grandma Mary's house  and he pays Bin's salary.

But compared to life at the TTH, even this is way better! Jessa finally has things to call her very OWN.

• Love 3
(edited)

Regarding Jessa not wearing her ring(s) in the photo above with Spurge, I guess it's possible she's cleaning it.  Who knows?  Just a thought.

Edited by Thorkim
typo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Great post, Marigold! I think Jessa is finally getting to enjoy a bit of her own life away from the compound.  I'm sure if she gets "uppity", Boob will be quick to remind her that she lives rent free in Grandma Mary's house  and he pays Bin's salary.

But compared to life at the TTH, even this is way better! Jessa finally has things to call her very OWN.

Jessa should quickly remind him of her years of free servitude and the sacrifice of her privacy as an unpaid cast member of the show that paid for most of what he has.  Then she can remind him that he did nothing to protect her from her brother. 

It bothers me, because I think Boob does use $ and things as ways to control the kids, and none of them seem to realize that they were the reason he has most of that. Without them, there would have been no show. Boob is not Jesus, it's ok to catch him manipulating you Jessa and Bin. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Thorkim said:

Regarding Jessa not wearing her ring(s) in the photo above with Spurge, I guess it's possible she's cleaning it.  Who knows?  Just a thought.

She was wearing them in the mirror picture. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think Jessa is just happy to get out of that Duggar Dungeon.

Ben is probably easier to deal with than Jim Bob, who we all agree is a bossy douchebag. She only has to take care of her OWN child.  She cleans her OWN house and cooks her OWN food or goes out to a restaraunt that SHE chooses. Jessa goes to bed when she wants, shops where she wants and plays on her phone when she wants. She can even use the bathroom and play with her hair when she wants without checking with another sister.   For once, she is "Jessa" and not some J kid who has no autonomy. 

It must be like a cool breeze and cold drink when in the desert to actually live your OWN life. That Duggarville is dry and hot with all the rules, restrictions and cut off from society. 

Ben is a know it all and wouldn't appeal to me. For Jessa?  He is probably pretty darn OK.  Plus, Ben gives her attention, something she didn't get as a J kid. Ben probably knows her favorite kind of ice cream and knows she hates a particular something.  Michelle never knew any of that nor was she capable of knowing that.

I think jessa is a happy girl right about now!

ben? I think he is still adjusting to married life with a baby. I also don't think his family was as cut off and restrictive and the Duggars so he might be adjusting to MORE rules living on top of Jim Bob Duggar.  

Some of the pics of Spurge were at the TTH. How do you all think Jessa acts when she is back in the fold? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I imagine this was a final project for his "school." I will try and watch it, but I can't guarantee that I'll get very far. 

eta: It's 9 minutes. Definitely a school project. 

Okay, I made it about 5 minutes, but I was drifting in and out long before I quit. I also think he's wearing the bowtie he got married in. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Leghumper comment on the YouTube channel: 

"America has gone astray and is facing judgement from God, but I believe He in His mercy has allowed the Duggar family to rise in fame to share the gospel with America. May God bless you all and keep on sharing the truth in love to this nation." 

The Duggars are not the be-all and end-all when it comes to scripture! FFS! 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

"America has gone astray and is facing judgement from God, but I believe He in His mercy has allowed the Duggar family to rise in fame to share the gospel with America. May God bless you all and keep on sharing the truth in love to this nation." 

The Duggars are not the be-all and end-all when it comes to scripture! FFS! 

But they are, sayeth the Duggar Huggers!

• Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well,well, well.  The duggars are here to save us all.  Of all the well educated, articulate, thoughtful people that inhabit the earth, God picks the duggars.  And for the time being, BIn seewald, a pinhead of massive proportion is their biblical spokesman.  Throw the dillards pontificating in the mix and you have a party.  Maybe that's why derrick adopted the Jesus look.

God is laughing his head off over this whole idea.  I have no doubt about it.

Me, I'm smh.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Some of the pics of Spurge were at the TTH. How do you all think Jessa acts when she is back in the fold? 

I think jessa enjoys her family but LOVEs being the big deal because she is married and can do whatever she wants. It must be nice to visit but exciting to walk the hell out and go to her own place. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Jessa is a bitch but she has got her hustle going. She has minimal to work with but has managed to do something.  Jessa carried that J&JCO show. I bet she enjoyed every minute of her dad looking longingly at the cameras who were not filming him and his remaining  kids.  (Did you know they had 19 kids???)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think jessa enjoys her family but LOVEs being the big deal because she is married and can do whatever she wants. It must be nice to visit but exciting to walk the hell out and go to her own place. 

I couldn't help but notice that Baby Bam Bam has enormous feet! He's a cute little stanker, and if I had no idea what Jim Boob looked like, I'd really gush all over this little guy.  Hopefully, he'll grow out of it, but right now Spurgeon is Boob's "Mini Me".

Fortunately, the Smuggarlings don't look like Smuggar so much and tend to favor Anna's side of the family. The M&Ms are super adorable.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I couldn't help but notice that Baby Bam Bam has enormous feet! He's a cute little stanker, and if I had no idea what Jim Boob looked like, I'd really gush all over this little guy.  Hopefully, he'll grow out of it, but right now Spurgeon is Boob's "Mini Me".

Fortunately, the Smuggarlings don't look like Smuggar so much and tend to favor Anna's side of the family. The M&Ms are super adorable.

I hate to say this, but JB and J'chelle are good looking people -- they are just assholes. Looking like JB or J'chelle isn't the problem, BEING like JB or J'chelle is the problem. As far as Anna's family goes, they are not good looking people, and they appear to be assholes, too. The Ms are cute kids and I hope that the genetic lottery has been kind to them -- only time will tell.

• Love 2

Agreed Jim Boob is not an ugly guy at all, but the way he is makes him cringeworthy. Think about it, he's been so many odious things all rolled into one:

• cult leader
  • used car salesman
  • politician
  • patriarchal pig
  • rabid conservative
  • religious nutcase
  • grifter
  •  narcissistic
  • fundamentally ignorant
  • uneducated
  • smug, arrogant, and prideful 

Michelle is still a pretty lady, despite extra weight, crunchy mullet, and questionable ill-fitting fashion choices. Don't get me started on the baby voice and Xanax stare, and the headship gaze.

• Love 8

I've never found Boob attractive at all, and only one or two of his sons are passably attractive. However, I agree that Mechelle, minus that dead animal on her head, is a very attractive woman. The Keller sisters are all very attractive, the boys, pretty meh. I don't know where they get it; I've seen younger pics of the senior Kellers and neither was very attractive in their youth. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Grr...lately every time I try to post a response, it manages to dredge up something I wrote weeks ago and never got around to sending, but it won't let me move forward until I "use" the unfinished post, but won't let me delete the quote box. So just ignore that bit...it's irrelevant. 

JT, right click inside the quote box while holding down the CTRL key. You'll get the option to remove the quote box. (Been there, down that!)

Bin is doing his best to enunciate. Why the Duggar bow tie? Preaching doesn't seem like a natural fit for Bin, but he won't be the first person to change careers and it seems like he is earnest so...“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” Rumi

2 hours ago, louannems said:

I listened to 2 minutes of Ben.  What a dork; I did enjoy his facial expressions! http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/2016/6/conspiracies-and-psalm-2

Ben is preaching again!  I admit, I had no desire to listen to him, so I haven't opened the video.  He looks like a bartender in an RV!

Yep, looks like an RV. Maybe they are on a road trip or something. 

He could have recorded this when they went on the stinkbus tour to TN and FL last month. That would align with finals for most colleges, and given that this is 9 minutes, I'm pretty sure this was a school assignment of some sort. 

He's a wretched speaker. I've had to do assignments like this, with notes to the side as he had, but me, the sufferer of severe anxiety at the prospect of giving a speech, spoke much more clearly and with far more conviction than this hot mess. He didn't quite damn non-believers to hell this time with his words, but it was implied with all of his "I don't fear Isis or the government" because he's right with God. And God is pissed. Blah blah blah...

• Love 3
(edited)

I watched a minute or two of Bin's video. He takes himself awfully seriously for someone who is wearing a salmon bow tie.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 12

Preaching doesn't seem like a natural fit for Bin, but he won't be the first person to change careers and it seems like he is earnest so...“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” Rumi

I made it to 1:44.  Yes,  he doesn't seem very charismatic and I think churchgoers today want to get some entertainment out of their hour and their donation.  But I also agree that when you are young, tht's the time to go for your dreams, even if the odds seem stacked agaisnt you.  before you get married and before you have kids.........oh.  I take that back, he needs to stop this preaching/rapping shit  and get an actual  job.  can't expect Princepessa Jessa to work can you??

• Love 6

I made it about as far in as WhineandCheez.

I hope there's a bell or buzzer at the end to wake those who tried to warch the whole thing.

He also uses that cheat of repeating all of his points. Once as a statement, then as a question then an attempt to address/answer. That's not to drive home his points but more to fill time right up to the 9 minute mark.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I made it about as far in as WhineandCheez.

I hope there's a bell or buzzer at the end to wake those who tried to warch the whole thing.

He also uses that cheat of repeating all of his points. Once as a statement, then as a question then an attempt to address/answer. That's not to drive home his points but more to fill time right up to the 9 minute mark.

More like where's the gong like the old Gong Show or the hook like at the Apollo Theater?

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

More like where's the gong like the old Gong Show or the hook like at the Apollo Theater?

Oooh! I vote for the hook!

About one minute in.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, louannems said:

I listened to 2 minutes of Ben.  What a dork; I did enjoy his facial expressions! http://www.theseewaldfamily.com/2016/6/conspiracies-and-psalm-2

Ben is preaching again!  I admit, I had no desire to listen to him, so I haven't opened the video.  He looks like a bartender in an RV!

He has confused the notes that you scribble down when you're in the very first fledgling way-early barely dawning milliseconds of thinking about something with a sermon you'll force others to sit through or a final class project you'll present for a grade (or whatever the heck this thing is). Just like the rest of them, he's not only an idiot but a lazy idiot.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I could see some teeny church or would-be church somewhere giving him work in hopes that his being Duggar-adjacent would pull in attendees. Fortunately, I can't see any institution of more significance and reach hiring him. Because surely there are better candidates. I hope I'm right because I can't stand to see the lazy idiocy of any of them being further rewarded.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He has confused the notes that you scribble down when you're in the very first fledgling way-early barely dawning milliseconds of thinking about something with a sermon you'll force others to sit through or a final class project you'll present for a grade (or whatever the heck this thing is). Just like the rest of them, he's not only an idiot but a lazy idiot.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I could see some teeny church or would-be church somewhere giving him work in hopes that his being Duggar-adjacent would pull in attendees. Fortunately, I can't see any institution of more significance and reach hiring him. Because surely there are better candidates. I hope I'm right because I can't stand to see the lazy idiocy of any of them being further rewarded.

Maybe The Pissing Preacher will mentor Bin?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not just a rube, but a barefoot, grass-chewing rube.

That reminded me of Hannibal Lecter's assessment of Claire Starling in Silence of the Lambs...but no cheap shoes or good bag.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe The Pissing Preacher will mentor Bin?

Oh, no, even before Joshgate, the Andersons despised the Duggars and were very critical of them.  Zsuzsanna called Jim Bob and Michelle "liberal and worldly" and said that the Duggars' refusal to admit that they use corporal punishment on their children was "weak and anemic".  When the news broke about Josh molesting his sisters, she was positively gleeful over it. I think that part of it is her holier than thou attitude towards everybody else on the planet, but part of it is also pure envy. She clearly would love to have her own tv show and be showered with praise for her maternal histrionics like Michelle.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Who?

Google the pissing preacher and prepare to be amazed. He's another unhinged Fundy crazy...you've been warned that he's more misogynistic and anti gay than the Duggar men ever dreamed of being.

• Love 2
(edited)

Besides the topics he chooses,I can't stand to listen to Bin's mucous filled voice. Ugh

I have severe allergies myself, so I know he can't help that, but it's unpleasant to listen to.

Edited by ChiCricket
because.
  • Love 1