Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Power of Veto 7

• Start Topic

What I took away from this episode: the new MacGyver looks horrible and I'm sorry, Mr. Young and Hip with Hair in Your Eyes, you are no yummy Richard Dean Anderson with an awesome mullet.

OH! Big Brother? Meech sobbed some more, James tore the house apart, Paulie is running shit. Same old, same old.

Zakiyah: "I don't trust Paulie." Five minutes later. "I trust Paulie." Five minutes later. "I don't trust Paulie." Make up your damned mind, woman! Also nice Bridgette routine with the Veto speech, complete with knee dip and whispery voice. 

When James throwing eggs over his shoulder onto the kitchen floor is the most entertaining part of the episode, it's a snoozer. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

Godfather Paulie is more disgusting than Paul, and Victor is just stupid.  The house should get a clue, but no.  They could all use a dozen IQ points.

I like this hide the veto thing, but James wtf? The place is going to get trashed, but smeared food is such a pain to clean up.  There's plenty of space, TBTB should just rope off the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. 

And of course Paulie wins again.  I'll give him credit for a kick-ass hiding place, but he's still a douchebag.  Rutgers University's finest.   

Sorry Z.  He's just not that into you.  I hope you're gone tomorrow.  

Meech is a mess, but a power shift could be entertaining in this boring season.  James seems to be catching on that he needs to make a move, but chickens--t is his middle name.  I don't remember seeing Natalie at all.....

Bring on the Double Eviction!

• Love 5

How sad Michelle is the only one to realize Pauline is playing EVERYONE  to get the win. If they would just wake up see the light and gang up on him and get him out. After that let the best person win. And how many times is Z going to get played by that douche?  The back and forth at the pool table with the two Paul's was the only time this season Paul with the beard didn't annoy me...he was exhibiting strategy free from his usual schtick of making like a jackass (for instance wearing an inflatable duck tube)'

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

How sad Michelle is the only one to realize Pauline is playing EVERYONE  to get the win. If they would just wake up see the light and gang up on him and get him out. After that let the best person win. And how many times is Z going to get played by that douche?  The back and forth at the pool table with the two Paul's was the only time this season Paul with the beard didn't annoy me...he was exhibiting strategy free from his usual schtick of making like a jackass (for instance wearing an inflatable duck tube)'

She's not the only one. 

Spoiler

Natalie has been onto him for awhile now.

• Love 1

Wow, everyone is really talking about BB this year... 6 posts 2 hrs after the eppy. Nice. Heh.

This is really becoming the Lord God Paulie show, eh? Why does he just assume that he can tell James who to nix with his power? And why is James just letting him? Also I think James was being an asshole with a veiled excuse for trashing the kitchen; not cool.

Like so many other people (represented by the lack of posts) I may be out here if something doesn't happen with the double.

• Love 4

I have nothing against Zakiyah, but want Michelle to stay for the sole reason that she's the only house guest interested in targeting Paulie. If she manages to stay and win HOH in the double eviction (although I won't hold my breath on that), then I feel like there's a really great chance Paulie or one of "his boys" will be the one out the door. If Z stays, I think she'll still trust Paulie enough not to actively target him, so that's another number on his side for now.

I was glad to at least see Paul and James express in the DR that they aren't here to play Paulie's game. I doubt they will actually act on those sentiments by doing something about it, but at least they are acknowledging his control and aren't being fooled. All these dude bro's need to go (their giddiness over Victor's insulting HOH speech was disgusting to watch), but Paulie is the head douche who needs to get knocked down about 10 pegs and grace the jury house with his presence sooner than later.

• Love 6

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Paulie is well liked by the fandom in general? I only come to this site for BB, largely because I know I won't get spoiled in the episode threads. Each episode I find he continues to up his douchiness, and I hope he doesn't have a legion of fans who root for him simply because he's attractive (or was, before he butchered his hair). His arrogance and lack of respect towards Zakiyah is getting worse each episode. I hope one of the upcoming, and bigger, care packages isn't going to end up going to him. 

Edited by JZone
  • Love 5
Spoiler

Paulie has mostly been dead last for the last couple of weeks, even below Jozea. 

Jokers Updates has a daily HG rating.  I don't know how to link it or I would.  Maybe someone else knows how.

Edited by eskimo
fix error
  • Love 1

If I were in Paul's shoes as host, I would've expanded upon his "Floaters..." announcement by using Rachel's line "Floaters you better grab a life vest.... and meet me outside for the Veto Comp."

Edited by K-9
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If I were in Paul's shoes as host, I would've expanded upon his "Floaters..." announcement by using Rachel's line "Floaters you better grab a life vest.... and meet me outside for the Veto Comp."

Hah, that was totally what I heard her saying in my head at that moment. But I think probably Meech would be the only one to catch the 'floaters' line.

36 minutes ago, eskimo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Paulie has mostly been dead last for the last couple of weeks, even below Jozea. 

Jokers Updates has a daily HG rating.  I don't know how to link it or I would.  Maybe someone else know how.

Thank you for this information :)

I went to check it out and was happy to see that the public doesn't condone some of the more.... douchy... players.

• Love 1

I just took a quick look at "Hamstertime" and they  seem to be praying for Paulie to go home on the double eviction as much as we are.  I really don't have a lot of hope, they're all so cowardly, but if it should happen I think a huge cheer will be heard across the land.

• Love 5

I can't decide if I want Michelle to go, because her endless crying is grating - or do I want her to stay because her drama is sure to be entertaining? I don't begrudge the girl for her tears, especially after the way Victor handled that nom speech. But the heavy sobbing and hyperventilating is a little excessive. She makes Vanessa/Tiffany look like the picture of stoicism. But I loved when she called out Paulie as the one who backdoored Victor, yet he's all bro'd up with him. Too bad these idiot girls didn't pick up on/care about this earlier. 

Of course Paulie didn't pull Zak down. OF COURSE. Why would she pick him in the first place??? She should have realized by now that he's using her and has stronger allegiances than her. Moron. And while I thought Paulie's convo with James was pretty masterful, it appears that James is going to do what HE wants "at the end of the day". I bet if Paulie had the vote nullification power, he wouldn't use them to save Z. He wants someone else to do it, because he can manipulate Z and not Michelle, but he's not going to risk totally going against his bro alliance. 

Can I just say, I HATE the hide-n-seek comp? It gives me extreme anxiety. Who has to clean that all up? Oh, that's right - apparently it's Natalie, since "her man" made most of the mess. Because that makes sense. It wouldn't be her man's responsibility to clean up, but hers. Right, Paul? Makes total sense....coming from a douche who's mommy waits on him hand in foot. Also, loved when Victor made his threat about messing up the kitchen being, "nomination worthy". He is like a pompous drug lord, to me. Ugh. 

• Love 8

How many comps does Paulie have to win before people not named Paul realize he's a threat? I think they'd sniffed out BB6 Veto King James as a threat by now.

This season's James talks a big game, but I am 50/50 if he will do Paulie's bidding about the votes. He keeps talking about "I'm going to do what's best for my game," but there is no game other than Paulie's game....so what is his long-term plan? I feel like it might involve Nicole and Corey somehow, but there wasn't any two-person conversation in the last episode that didn't at least indirectly revolve around Paulie. He's like the anti-Bedchel Test.

Hide-and-go-veto has never made sense to me, because there are no prizes for finding anyone's veto. You just find it to eliminate other people, but if yours is found, you're screwed. If it were me, I'd use my allotted time to just keep hiding it again. What motivation do I have to find anyone else's? It should be something like the person who finds the most vetos wins a prize, but the person whose veto is found last wins the PoV. That would at least incentivize people to actually do something during the comp instead of using it as an excuse to trash the house (ahem, James).

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Hide-and-go-veto has never made sense to me, because there are no prizes for finding anyone's veto. You just find it to eliminate other people, but if yours is found, you're screwed. If it were me, I'd use my allotted time to just keep hiding it again. What motivation do I have to find anyone else's? It should be something like the person who finds the most vetos wins a prize, but the person whose veto is found last wins the PoV. That would at least incentivize people to actually do something during the comp instead of using it as an excuse to trash the house (ahem, James).

I agree. We did see James re-"hide" his at least once. He didn't exactly take it out of its original hiding place, but he did move the comforter and throw a mattress over it. I loved last year when he did the Veto under the rug and I think he went back in and further moved it under some furniture. I didn't see anyone even looking under rugs this time. He should have done that again. But yea, I'd just spend the entire time moving my Veto around, trying to find a better spot. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

How many comps does Paulie have to win before people not named Paul realize he's a threat? I think they'd sniffed out BB6 Veto King James as a threat by now.

This season's James talks a big game, but I am 50/50 if he will do Paulie's bidding about the votes. He keeps talking about "I'm going to do what's best for my game," but there is no game other than Paulie's game....so what is his long-term plan? I feel like it might involve Nicole and Corey somehow, but there wasn't any two-person conversation in the last episode that didn't at least indirectly revolve around Paulie. He's like the anti-Bedchel Test.

We saw James mess with his hidden veto while he was supposed to be looking, so they could apparently manipulate them.  I think I would re-hide mine.   

Could Z have tried less to find a veto? I'm sure she feels extra stupid that she (again) handed her autonomy to Paulie, and he (again) failed to protect her. Did anyone notice Z's look of incredible pride as Paulie had his ass up in the air, revealing his clever hiding space? 

It's probably always painful to watch yourself on this show, but Z really needs to avoid doing so. The humiliation will be devastating. 

• Love 4

Hide-and-go-veto has never made sense to me, because there are no prizes for finding anyone's veto. You just find it to eliminate other people, but if yours is found, you're screwed. If it were me, I'd use my allotted time to just keep hiding it again.

This would've been an interesting PoV strategy to watch:    Paulie hides his PoV square well in the table, but James finds it.  Instead of running out with it right away, James switches his own hidden PoV square into that table spot since it's such a great hiding place.  Then James claims the one he found (Paulie's) or maybe even just put it in an obvious hiding place. (Would've be so funny to watch Paulie claim his own PoV square and eliminate himself!)   Both Paulie and James are now watching out for James's PoV square and would move it if it were to be in danger of being found.  Kind of like a cuckoo bird's egg swap strategy.  Something Capt'n Camou could have come up with.

• Love 4

James' gleeful destructo-binge in the kitchen makes me disgusted, again.  I hope the HGs have to clean that mess up themselves and that production doesn't replace the food until the regular appointed time so they all get to sit around hungry, and pissed off at James.

I know he believes his "pranks" are the reason for his popularity and the reason he was brought back, but to me, that's all just arrested juvenile development.  I think he gets singled out and applauded because he doesn't strut around there preening like the other entitled young Masters of the Universe, i.e. the douchbro brigade.

• Love 9

I'm seriously considering bailing on this season. It's so obvious that if no one gets Paulie out, he's going to win, and unfortunately for us, most of the comp beasts are in his pocket. Of course, we could get a swerve-ending like we did with Vanessa running the house all season, only to get iced-out at the very end.

I don't at all care for Michelle, & if I were in that house, I'd be crawling the walls to get away from her constant crying, but she seems to know that Paulie has to go for everyone's game, & she seems to be willing to do something about it if she stays. She has moments of brilliance, IE, getting everyone to save Tiffany, but she's so combustible that no one will take her seriously enough to listen to her, so it's probably a moo (TM Joey Tribiani) point. If she goes tonight, which I predict, because "at the end of the day", Z staying is better for Paulie's game, I hope she has the RT ticket. I say that every week about who's being voted out, but I really mean it this time! Paulie gots to go.

Z is seriously one of the most beautiful women to ever play this game, says this heterosexual female, but, damn girl, ain't no dick worth embarrassing yourself in front of America for! She's been on more in the past 2 episodes than the entire rest of the season combined. Paulie is going to have a rude awakening when he exits the house, because while other players have run the game in previous seasons, the players that treat people horribly on a personal level aren't beloved, IE Boogie shitting all over Erica's feelings. He deserves a smackdown from America for treating Z the way he has, the douchelord. It'd be awesome to see Z win AFP and for Paulie to find out how hated he is during the finale, but the AFP winner will probably be James or Nat (please be Nat!) if nothing changes.

That's how much I wanna bail on this season, I'm constantly thinking about the finale.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

TBTB should just rope off the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. 

Do they rope off the bathroom?  I feel like no one went in there.  I wonder why they'd exclude it.  No cameras in the toilet closet or shower stall?  No wish to show the house guests' sanitary pads and cosmetics and zit creams thrown about the room?  

If by some miracle Paulie is sitting in one of the nomination chairs for tonight's double eviction, do you think enough house guests will actually vote him out? If they get the chance to send him packing, quick and easy in a double eviction, and don't take it... I'll lose all hope. Knowing this show, he probably has the round trip ticket anyway. I hate that twist so much, so there's very few HG's I would want coming back in the game. 

Here's hoping a girl pulls off tonight's HOH, because that's the only chance we have to end this bro-tastic mess. At least it's likely to be something question based, as most double evictions are, so it won't be something that will largely favor the large and athletic guys. 

• Love 3

Yes, I'm excited for tonight (Thursday) because it looks like the crucial episode.  If Paulie goes, we're back in business.  If he stays. . .well, I didn't see it, but I hear it was a huge bore when Derrick just mowed through the house.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, candall said:

James' gleeful destructo-binge in the kitchen makes me disgusted, again.  I hope the HGs have to clean that mess up themselves and that production doesn't replace the food until the regular appointed time so they all get to sit around hungry, and pissed off at James.

Yeah, it bothered me that he wasted food, but also  - throwing eggs on the floor?   With people racing through the kitchen, slippery egg on the floor is an accident waiting to happen.  

• Love 5

If by some miracle Paulie is sitting in one of the nomination chairs for tonight's double eviction, do you think enough house guests will actually vote him out?

No. What's more, even if Michelle is the HoH and nominates Paulie, she'd probably do something stupid like put him up against Bridget or Victor. I can't really think of anyone Paulie could go up against at this point that would guarantee his eviction because he's got too many other HGs in his back pocket that think keeping him is best for "their game." Or doing whatever he says is best for "their game." 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

No. What's more, even if Michelle is the HoH and nominates Paulie, she'd probably do something stupid like put him up against Bridget or Victor. I can't really think of anyone Paulie could go up against at this point that would guarantee his eviction because he's got too many other HGs in his back pocket that think keeping him is best for "their game." Or doing whatever he says is best for "their game." 

I was thinking the same thing - most likely that she would put him up against Victor, especially now that he made that cruel nomination speech to her. I think if someone wants to go for Paulie during the double eviction, the best bet would be to put him against Paul. They both have their bro-alliance, and Paul's not one of the lower rung guys, like Victor or James. If the stars align and Paulie does end up getting nominated, I hope the person doing it goes all out by completely calling out his dominance in the game and how he's a comp beast that is controlling everyone. The double eviction is such a whirl wind that I hope at least a couple HG's could be swayed in the moment to vote him out. But my hopes are low. 

• Love 1

I would hope that the HOH says something in their nomination speech along the lines of "he is completely dominating this game and has 2/3 of the HGs in his back pocket.  If you don't seize this GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to vote him out right now, you're a moron who deserves to get beat by him in the finals."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

It's probably always painful to watch yourself on this show, but Z really needs to avoid doing so. The humiliation will be devastating

I really fear for her.  When she and Paulie were alone and talking about something like who he would choose to Veto, she made a little girl smile and softly asked, "Would you choose me now?"  Paulie  ignored her.  I felt my face turn red on her behalf.    We can only hope she'll get caught up in how beautiful she looks on camera and block out the dialogue.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 2

an Paul strutting around at the veto ceremony in short shorts and shirtless, everything he does when he knows it's going on the TV show is to blatantly "look at me" from his hair to his lack of clothing and the more I see of him, the less attractive I think he is.  Put some clothes on Paulie, you ain't that hot.

• Love 2

Paulie views Zakiyah as stupid and easy, which is why he treats her like shit. Guys tire of women they don't respect. How different would this have been if she stayed cool, played a little hard to get?  This show was really light on strong women this season. 

• Love 5

I pray to the spirit of Evil Dr Will that a woman wins HOH tonight and puts Paulie and Victor up, with Paul as the back-up if one of them wins Veto.  It is so freaking frustrating that NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING to flip the script. Here's my question: Can James hang onto those two vote-cancelations for an indefinite time, or does he have to use them tonight?

I didn't see it, but I hear it was a huge bore when Derrick just mowed through the house.

For me, the difference was that it was fascinating to see Derrick manipulate people into doing what he wanted without them even really realizing what he was doing. I thought it was interesting to watch him use his undercover cop skills -- I found him interestingly subtle (as much as I recall, anyway), and also, as you'd imagine, he was good at sort of figuring out the best way to deal with various personalities. So I found that interesting from almost a psychological perspective.  

Speaking of psychological perspectives, I am being hyperbolic, but Paulie feels more like a sociopath every week. One of the reasons his brother did so well, I think, was that he was (as much as I remember) pretty likeable. Paulie is just cold.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Speaking of psychological perspectives, I am being hyperbolic, but Paulie feels more like a sociopath every week. One of the reasons his brother did so well, I think, was that he was (as much as I remember) pretty likeable. Paulie is just cold.

The dude creeps me the hell out in his disjointed-from-his-body convos when he is focusing on something in his hands and staring blindly forward, and not making any eye contact. He did it before when playing with Z's hair and he did another long stretch while playing with the white beads... like his head/thoughts are having the convo but his body has nothing to do with it. I want to yell 'Snap out of it Paulie!'.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Jessica said:

For me, the difference was that it was fascinating to see Derrick manipulate people into doing what he wanted without them even really realizing what he was doing. I thought it was interesting to watch him use his undercover cop skills -- I found him interestingly subtle (as much as I recall, anyway), and also, as you'd imagine, he was good at sort of figuring out the best way to deal with various personalities. So I found that interesting from almost a psychological perspective.  

I agree, while it wasn't a particularly riveting season, I did find Derrick very interesting and adept at what he did. He was exactly as you say - subtle. Paulie is not. He is practically hitting people over the head with his running-of-the-house, yet no one seems to want to do anything. I also find Paulie intensely awful, while I didn't really find anything repugnant about Derrick. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

He did it before when playing with Z's hair and he did another long stretch while playing with the white beads... like his head/thoughts are having the convo but his body has nothing to do with it. I want to yell 'Snap out of it Paulie!'.

I just hope he doesn't start talking about the strawberries.

Edited by JudyObscure
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I can't decide if I want Michelle to go, because her endless crying is grating - or do I want her to stay because her drama is sure to be entertaining?

I liked the intercutting between the DR and fake crying.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, JZone said:

If the stars align and Paulie does end up getting nominated  [...]

Spoiler

I had to come back to review the moment in time when we all risked a glimmer of hope.  Sigh.

(I'm the type to poke my own bruises to see how tender they are, too.)

• Love 2
On 8/11/2016 at 0:43 PM, backformore said:

Yeah, it bothered me that he wasted food, but also  - throwing eggs on the floor?   With people racing through the kitchen, slippery egg on the floor is an accident waiting to happen.  

Maybe they should go back to the time when the contestants had to win food competitions.  Maybe then they'd be a little less cavalier with their food for this comp.

• Love 3