Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Body Of Evidence

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, shoegal said:

If anyone on RHONY wears matching underwear, it's Ramona. She's made for matching bra and panty sets (or brassiere and underpants in Ramona speak). She probably buys them at "the department store".

Yes, she obviously gets her underpinnings in the foundation department of that store.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I do think some of the other women are jealous of Bethenny's financial independence. She's the one with the money and she's not dependent on landing a rich man to fund her lifestyle. They may not like her as a person, but I think the some of the other ladies, especially Sonja and LuAnn, are envious of that $$$.

Luann may not have as much money as Bethenny does but she isn't hurting for it either, so I don't see Luann jealous of Bethenny in anyway. Luann has her own millions in the bank. I'm not sure how much Bethenny has now that the divorce is final but I'm pretty sure Jason got some of it in the settlement, with enough left for Bethenny to live a very good life and Bryn after her. Now, Sonja, on the other hand does covet Bethenny's money, Luann's money, Dorinda's money and Jules' money. The only other one that I think covets the others money, including Bethenny's, is Ramona. My guess, from what she has said on the show and in interviews, is that she is house/property rich but cash poor/struggling, I say this because she is renting out her precious Hamptons house during the summer now. I don't see Carole envious of others money or lifestyles.

• Love 9

I agree that some may be jealous of Beth's money, and her having earned it - I am just not sure Lu is one of them but could see that.  I can see Ramona feeling that much more than LuAnn though, and probably Sonja.  I think Dorinda and LuAnn and even Jules facing what looks like a shitstorm divorce don't care.  (I don't think Beth inspired or inspires jealousy in Kristen or Carole or Heather either beyond a vague 'it would be awesome to have struck that deal and netted that cash' -- from Jill Z or Ramona or Sonja?  I see it.  Not from any others though).

I also don't think Beth is jealous of Tom or of Lu's maybe never happening marriage but find it very plausible that she would be pissed that any kind of 'Is Bethenny considering love again?' storyline and attention flowing from that might not be as Housewives-perfect as 'Will one HW actually snare a goof who has fucked two other HWs?"  Beth is so incredibly thirsty for attention IMO.  All of her protestations to the contrary are IMO false on their face.  Like her sobbing "I don't want the attention!" at the photoshoot for Lu's clothes when Kristen legit asked about departure dates for Turks after Ramona whipped the merde.  Beth is critical-care thirsty.  She and Lu are equal and equal-opportunity attention hogs IMO.  Though maybe Ramona tops everyone. 

I know shoegal, you know a ton about fashion and I *do* see that Lu could look dated but I think she wears it well.  I would love to take some of Beth's wardrobe but she does have a certain If Shopbop and Net-A-Porter mated thing...it's every cool thing without actual style.  I am one of those foolios who generally really, really loves what Carole's wearing and I think she's got a terrific sense of taste....leaves thread quick like a bunny.

• Love 8

Laughing!  All this time when I was reading references to "Joanie" and thought it was so funny that the posters were referring to Lu Ann as "Joanie Cunningham" due to the high school picture that was shown.  Was actually proud of myself for making the connection!  Only just now did I realize you guys were referring to RS's friend "Joanie" from the first episode!

One observation I will make, though....(because it saddens me)....I noticed during the breakfast buffet on the yacht that Dorinda helped herself to a heaping portion of eggs and food.....which is exactly what I would have done.  Jule's plate looked like it held pieces of fruit on one side and a small portion of eggs on the other.  When I saw her actually taking bites, it was definitely the fruit she was eating, not the eggs.  After they had been eating awhile the camera panned to Dorinda's plate, which was empty.  Jule's plate looked like maybe four bites had been taken of the fruit and that was it.  I certainly understand addiction and disorders, but ED I will never get and feel so bad for those who struggle with it.  Except for the "coochie coo" incident, which I never really followed, Jules has proven to be the most innocuous women of the bunch and I want to see her healthy!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

I do think some of the other women are jealous of Bethenny's financial independence. She's the one with the money and she's not dependent on landing a rich man to fund her lifestyle. They may not like her as a person, but I think the some of the other ladies, especially Sonja and LuAnn, are envious of that $$$.

The others can only say so many times how proud they are of Bethenny for her success.  I don't think Luann is more envious than say Heather of Bethenny's fortune.  I do think some of the others may be a little tired of the product placement and having to drink the cheap Skinnygirl crap at her functions.  Fortunately for Luann she has been spared all that since she and Sonja are the outcasts. I think Sonja is extremely jealous of everyone else.  Last year at the beginning of the season Bethenny landed on Luann's new waterfront home like the house that dropped on the witch in the Wizard Oz, announcing she had flown in, unlike the plebeians who had to endure traffic and wrestled away the primary brunch spot. Any plans Luann had for taking the ladies out in her boat or Ramona having some dreary in town lunch were aborted so Bethenny could show off her new TJ Maxx abode.   The fact the other women were guests of Ramona and Luann did not stop her from taking hostages.   Bethenny is the one, much like Jill before her who seems to be focused on the others' wealth.  Her autopsy of Jules and Michael financials was tawdry even by Ramona standards who took to Google to read of the value of homes and properties in the Berkshires vs. The Hamptons.  My money is on Dorinda being the wealthiest. 

Fro someone who is not dependent why does she find it necessary to exaggerate her station in life by saying things like she only dates billionaires with private jets.  She may no need a man to fund her lifestyle but she seems rather desperate to make the world believe the billionaire dating pool is hers to plunder.

Let's face it Bethenny needs to be financially independent because her soul is bankrupt. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I agree that some may be jealous of Beth's money, and her having earned it - I am just not sure Lu is one of them but could see that.  I can see Ramona feeling that much more than LuAnn though, and probably Sonja.  I think Dorinda and LuAnn and even Jules facing what looks like a shitstorm divorce don't care.  (I don't think Beth inspired or inspires jealousy in Kristen or Carole or Heather either beyond a vague 'it would be awesome to have struck that deal and netted that cash' -- from Jill Z or Ramona or Sonja?  I see it.  Not from any others though).

I also don't think Beth is jealous of Tom or of Lu's maybe never happening marriage but find it very plausible that she would be pissed that any kind of 'Is Bethenny considering love again?' storyline and attention flowing from that might not be as Housewives-perfect as 'Will one HW actually snare a goof who has fucked two other HWs?"  Beth is so incredibly thirsty for attention IMO.  All of her protestations to the contrary are IMO false on their face.  Like her sobbing "I don't want the attention!" at the photoshoot for Lu's clothes when Kristen legit asked about departure dates for Turks after Ramona whipped the merde.  Beth is critical-care thirsty.  She and Lu are equal and equal-opportunity attention hogs IMO.  Though maybe Ramona tops everyone. 

I know shoegal, you know a ton about fashion and I *do* see that Lu could look dated but I think she wears it well.  I would love to take some of Beth's wardrobe but she does have a certain If Shopbop and Net-A-Porter mated thing...it's every cool thing without actual style.  I am one of those foolios who generally really, really loves what Carole's wearing and I think she's got a terrific sense of taste....leaves thread quick like a bunny.

I think it's more complicated than jealousy, if that makes sense. I think there is a "thing" that develops naturally when people kind of start out together. Of the current cast, Beth, Lu, and Ramona all started from the exact same place on the Bravo food chain. One or the other may have had more money, a better, home, marriage, etc., but in the land of Reality TV, they were starting from the same place. It was up to them to make the audience love them enough to want to see more of them, and have an idea good enough to bring them in some cash. They were all competitive in the fact that they all wanted to get noticed more, have as much camera time as possible, come off looking the best, be the fan favorite. Love Beth or hate her, she was the first HW to score big. Really big, in every way that matters to folks on a show like this. She got her own show, which is the crown jewel, and she got a truckload of money dumped at her door. They might not be jealous, but she was the one who broke out in a way that they didn't. It's like starting a new job on a day with several other newbies, then a year later finding yourself working for one of the newbies that started the same day you did. You all started with the same opportunities, but someone worked harder, or had better luck or something, and suddenly you are kind of "less than". 

They might not be jealous, but would they like to have had the same success that Beth has had? I would certainly think so. Does it bother them at all that she started the same day they did, in the same place as they did, yet went on to get her own reality show, a talk show (which was terrible), and $100 million dollars? I think so. I'll never forget how strange and uncomfortable Lu looked when she went on Beth's talk show. It didn't seem like she wanted to be there, and I remember thinking it must be less than a pleasant experience to be the guest on the talk show of someone you had once severely minimized. Now this person has a "scheduler" and the power to decide if you get to be on "their" show or not. Had to be a bit demoralizing. Even if it was a terrible talk show, which I will imagine Lu celebrated the demise of. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it's more complicated than jealousy, if that makes sense. I think there is a "thing" that develops naturally when people kind of start out together. Of the current cast, Beth, Lu, and Ramona all started from the exact same place on the Bravo food chain. One or the other may have had more money, a better, home, marriage, etc., but in the land of Reality TV, they were starting from the same place. It was up to them to make the audience love them enough to want to see more of them, and have an idea good enough to bring them in some cash. They were all competitive in the fact that they all wanted to get noticed more, have as much camera time as possible, come off looking the best, be the fan favorite. Love Beth or hate her, she was the first HW to score big. Really big, in every way that matters to folks on a show like this. She got her own show, which is the crown jewel, and she got a truckload of money dumped at her door. They might not be jealous, but she was the one who broke out in a way that they didn't. It's like starting a new job on a day with several other newbies, then a year later finding yourself working for one of the newbies that started the same day you did. You all started with the same opportunities, but someone worked harder, or had better luck or something, and suddenly you are kind of "less than". 

They might not be jealous, but would they like to have had the same success that Beth has had? I would certainly think so. Does it bother them at all that she started the same day they did, in the same place as they did, yet went on to get her own reality show, a talk show (which was terrible), and $100 million dollars? I think so. I'll never forget how strange and uncomfortable Lu looked when she went on Beth's talk show. It didn't seem like she wanted to be there, and I remember thinking it must be less than a pleasant experience to be the guest on the talk show of someone you had once severely minimized. Now this person has a "scheduler" and the power to decide if you get to be on "their" show or not. Had to be a bit demoralizing. Even if it was a terrible talk show, which I will imagine Lu celebrated the demise of. 

Although Luann was downgraded for 1 season, she hasn't been fired from any show, Bethenny has been. Bethenny who left the HW show on a high note, fan favorite, came back with her with her tail between her legs after saying she would never, ever, come back. Add in, now that she is back, she has lost her fan favorite status and is now approaching Brandi level of dislike. Luann, who started out on this show as more of a supporting HW, not a lead HW, has now come to be the second top NY HW. Oh, and Luann was the first HW across the franchise to get her own "Before" they were HWs special, highlighting her life. LOL

Is Luann envious of Bethenny's business success, possible, but I doubt she feels the same way about the rest of Bethenny's life though. Luann kept her head about her, got through her divorce, moved past any negative feelings for her ex, kept her slot on the show, started a small but successful business of her own, raised her 2 kids, is generally a happy person and has found love again. Soooo, maybe it is Bethenny that is jealous of Luann's overall life and not the other way around. After all, big money is great but it isn't everything. LOL

I agree that Luann looked "uncomfortable" on Bethenny's talk show but I can't say I blame her, they didn't end on a good note when Bethenny left the HW show. Bethenny vowed to keep the HWs out/off her TS but ended up having to use them to try to save the show in the end (which failed) and IMO, she resented having these women on her show which I am sure they felt.

Luann understands her claim to fame is the HW show and embraces it. Bethenny on the other hand, resents it and deep down hates having to be back on the show. Heck, just like her failed TS, she said her RS would not be all about the HW show and it is for the most part. Luann knows how to take the HW lemons and make spicy lemonade, Bethenny on the other hand keeps trying to turn her lemons into filet mignon. LOL

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Bluedog100 said:

Laughing!  All this time when I was reading references to "Joanie" and thought it was so funny that the posters were referring to Lu Ann as "Joanie Cunningham" due to the high school picture that was shown.  Was actually proud of myself for making the connection!  Only just now did I realize you guys were referring to RS's friend "Joanie" from the first episode!

One observation I will make, though....(because it saddens me)....I noticed during the breakfast buffet on the yacht that Dorinda helped herself to a heaping portion of eggs and food.....which is exactly what I would have done.  Jule's plate looked like it held pieces of fruit on one side and a small portion of eggs on the other.  When I saw her actually taking bites, it was definitely the fruit she was eating, not the eggs.  After they had been eating awhile the camera panned to Dorinda's plate, which was empty.  Jule's plate looked like maybe four bites had been taken of the fruit and that was it.  I certainly understand addiction and disorders, but ED I will never get and feel so bad for those who struggle with it.  Except for the "coochie coo" incident, which I never really followed, Jules has proven to be the most innocuous women of the bunch and I want to see her healthy!!!

My (late) sister used to spend an entire mealtime working on one french fry, while the rest of us ate. :( She was also skilled at arranging food on her plate so it looked like most of it had been eaten. It was heartbreaking.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, MaryTylerMoore said:

Why did Ramona go on a date with a guy that hit on her friend Joanie? Did they film the reunion already because I'd love to see her blink and squirm her way through that question. 

Because Ramona wanted the opportunity to rub it in Joanie's face that Joanie was only hit on, while she, Ramona, was actually asked to go on a proper date. 

Always looking for a way to prove her superiority, our Moaner.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, ryebread said:

This is the big reason WHY I think Beth hates Lu. Because back in the day, when Beth was storing her mismatched underwear in baggies on the floor of a crappy little closet, she was jealous.  She'd been dumped, her business was going nowhere and she was alone.  Her wardrobe was meh, her hair was awful and she was probably wearing (gasp!) drugstore make-up.

Anyway, Lu appeared to have a great life:  two kids, a house here, a house there, she didn't need to bust her hump schilling muffins or anything else because she had a husband with money and a nanny to do the grunt work.  She insisted on being called Mrs. De Lesseps and would NEVER drink out of a bottle.  She had great hair and an enviable wardrobe. I think she got a little jolt out of tormenting Bethenny back then because she was up here and Beth was down there.  To make matters worse, she made the poor little match girl pay for the surfing lessons.

I think what Beth is now doing is turning the tables.  She likes tormenting Lu because she feels Lu tormented her.  I'm entertained.  If any of them thought they would get out of doing reality tv unscathed, they're bigger jackasses than previously thought.

Allow me to give you applause for this post.  I think this is *exactly* the issue on Bethenny's side of it.  No matter what she says, I firmly believe she holds grudges and she will do anything in her power to make Luann eat shit.  There are times when I find Bethenny amusing and fun to watch, but she's also a deeply vindictive and mean woman who takes pleasure in making people squirm.  She can make Luann squirm and she's reveling in it.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Bluedog100 said:

Someone stated Jules was putting hot sauce in her food (I didn't notice).  If true, that's an ED tactic.  You make the food inedible in case you're tempted to eat.   It's all about obsessing over the food, yet depriving yourself. 

• Love 4

I just started watching this franchise seriously this season.  Was Bethenny more likable in the beginning? Was she calmer or did she always have that rapid fire speech pattern?  Thanks for your answer in advance.

Just now, MerryMary said:

I just started watching this franchise seriously this season.  Was Bethenny more likable in the beginning? Was she calmer or did she always have that rapid fire speech pattern?  Thanks for your answer in advance.

She has always had the style of speaking but it has gotten worse, more vulgar/mean, over the ensuing years and she has gotten more bitter the more successful she has become IMO.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Luann may not have as much money as Bethenny does but she isn't hurting for it either, so I don't see Luann jealous of Bethenny in anyway. Luann has her own millions in the bank. I'm not sure how much Bethenny has now that the divorce is final but I'm pretty sure Jason got some of it in the settlement, with enough left for Bethenny to live a very good life and Bryn after her. Now, Sonja, on the other hand does covet Bethenny's money, Luann's money, Dorinda's money and Jules' money. The only other one that I think covets the others money, including Bethenny's, is Ramona. My guess, from what she has said on the show and in interviews, is that she is house/property rich but cash poor/struggling, I say this because she is renting out her precious Hamptons house during the summer now. I don't see Carole envious of others money or lifestyles.

I'm not so sure that LuAnn has her own millions in the bank.  LuAnn started out with the townhome in the city (with staff) and the Hampton's home.  When the Count left her, she lost the NYC home (and staff) and had to move out to the Hamptons.  Enter Jacques, who was also fairly wealthy, and LuAnn gets a place in the city courtesy of Jacques.  Then Jacques is no more, so LuAnn loses her place in the city and was then selling her Hamptons home - and everything in it, even her fur/jewelry- and moving into what can only be described as a "modest" home in Sag Harbor.  Still no NYC home. LuAnn got so desperate she was "living" with Sonja because she doesn't have a home in NY.  Add that to the fact that LuAnn seems to be the one who is desperate/holding out for more money each season, and we saw her pretty desperate for filming/paycheck opportunities with Bethenny discussing the RHOBH Hamptons crossover.  LuAnn doesn't seem to be hoarding millions IMO. 

Now, enter Tom with his penthouse and balcony.  LuAnn is jumping on that shit and holding on for dear life, it follows the pattern that LuAnn's money comes from the men in her life.  However, if what Bethenny said is true, she may be chasing a false dream with Tom.  I suspect that Tom's money is family money, hence the reason is mother is so involved.  Perhaps she holds the purse strings.  Now I'm getting another SATC vibe, Tom may be the Trey McDougal of the RHONY. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I'm not so sure that LuAnn has her own millions in the bank.  LuAnn started out with the townhome in the city (with staff) and the Hampton's home.  When the Count left her, she lost the NYC home (and staff) and had to move out to the Hamptons.  Enter Jacques, who was also fairly wealthy, and LuAnn gets a place in the city courtesy of Jacques.  Then Jacques is no more, so LuAnn loses her place in the city and was then selling her Hamptons home - and everything in it, even her fur/jewelry- and moving into what can only be described as a "modest" home in Sag Harbor.  Still no NYC home. LuAnn got so desperate she was "living" with Sonja because she doesn't have a home in NY.  Add that to the fact that LuAnn seems to be the one who is desperate/holding out for more money each season, and we saw her pretty desperate for filming/paycheck opportunities with Bethenny discussing the RHOBH Hamptons crossover.  LuAnn doesn't seem to be hoarding millions IMO. 

Now, enter Tom with his penthouse and balcony.  LuAnn is jumping on that shit and holding on for dear life, it follows the pattern that LuAnn's money comes from the men in her life.  However, if what Bethenny said is true, she may be chasing a false dream with Tom.  I suspect that Tom's money is family money, hence the reason is mother is so involved.  Perhaps she holds the purse strings.  Now I'm getting another SATC vibe, Tom may be the Trey McDougal of the RHONY. 

Yes! I agree, Luann may have received a comfortable settlement but I don't think she has a lot of income for maintenance taxes and expenses-esp now that the kids are of a certain age that their support will stop. I am sure the Count helped provide a home for the kids up until that age. Now, Tom has perceived cash flow in Luann's eyes to take over a lot of her expenses. 

I do think Bethenny is jealous of Lu. Lu is pretty, and has (seemingly) healthy relationships with her family and children and her ex. It looks effortless to Bethenny who cannot have those nice things no matter how much money she has. Money can't buy you class!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, shoegal said:

If Luann's Sag Harbor home is modest, what does that make Bethenny's?  Luann paid more for her home and has added a master suite.  Granted it is not a $30 million dollar home but it is waterfront and allows her a boat and dock.  Luann is smart-why pay for a home in NYC when she is not filming?  I think it is wiser to right size and skip the cost of maintenance and rent and go on a per diem basis,  The fact she is marrying someone who has a home in NYC releases her from the obligation of having to maintain a temporary residence in NYC.  Luann said upfront she could have  gotten a hotel and I believe even looked at places.  I think the living with Sonja was more of a plot device than true living arrangement.  It sure seemed to bother Bethenny that Sonja and Luann were getting "Grey Garden" segments out of the arrangement.  Bethenny said so in her Berkshires rant.

Why is Luann desperate for holding out for more money?  How about she knows her value and won't settle.  It seems this year she got her way and a special added.  It is always about what a person needs it is more about their worth.  Why wouldn't Luann want to be included in a crossover? Brandi and Yolanda filmed with Carole and Kristen.  It is a filming opportunity.  She knows the BH women, it was Bethenny that once again made an ass out of herself in the crossover filming. 

I am waiting for Bethenny to release the financials on Tom.  It seems very important to her how much money he has.  Because that is what normal, mentally healthy people do-run around and downgrade other people's financial status.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Although Luann was downgraded for 1 season, she hasn't been fired from any show, Bethenny has been. Bethenny who left the HW show on a high note, fan favorite, came back with her with her tail between her legs after saying she would never, ever, come back. Add in, now that she is back, she has lost her fan favorite status and is now approaching Brandi level of dislike. Luann, who started out on this show as more of a supporting HW, not a lead HW, has now come to be the second top NY HW. Oh, and Luann was the first HW across the franchise to get her own "Before" they were HWs special, highlighting her life. LOL

Is Luann envious of Bethenny's business success, possible, but I doubt she feels the same way about the rest of Bethenny's life though. Luann kept her head about her, got through her divorce, moved past any negative feelings for her ex, kept her slot on the show, started a small but successful business of her own, raised her 2 kids, is generally a happy person and has found love again. Soooo, maybe it is Bethenny that is jealous of Luann's overall life and not the other way around. After all, big money is great but it isn't everything. LOL

I agree that Luann looked "uncomfortable" on Bethenny's talk show but I can't say I blame her, they didn't end on a good note when Bethenny left the HW show. Bethenny vowed to keep the HWs out/off her TS but ended up having to use them to try to save the show in the end (which failed) and IMO, she resented having these women on her show which I am sure they felt.

Luann understands her claim to fame is the HW show and embraces it. Bethenny on the other hand, resents it and deep down hates having to be back on the show. Heck, just like her failed TS, she said her RS would not be all about the HW show and it is for the most part. Luann knows how to take the HW lemons and make spicy lemonade, Bethenny on the other hand keeps trying to turn her lemons into filet mignon. LOL

I'm sure in every case there are elements of another's life that they are envious about. Beth probably wishes she had had an easy breezy divorce like Lu did, with no one fighting her for custody. True, Beth has been fired, but she also had her own talk show, and a couple of spin off reality shows. Comparing any of that to Lu getting her own hour long "before they were HW's gig" is truly a LOL deal to the point that I don't even know what to say. I'll wait while someone tweets Lu asking which one she thinks is better and which she would have preferred. Beth might have come back to reality TV humiliated by failure, but it came with a $1 million salary. Again, ask Lu if she would rather have suffered such humiliation, or spent 2 out of the last 3 seasons holding out for money that her own employer didn't think deserved. Again, I'll wait while someone asks Lu which situation she would prefer. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If Luann's Sag Harbor home is modest, what does that make Bethenny's?  Luann paid more for her home and has added a master suite.  Granted it is not a $30 million dollar home but it is waterfront and allows her a boat and dock.  Luann is smart-why pay for a home in NYC when she is not filming?  I think it is wiser to right size and skip the cost of maintenance and rent and go on a per diem basis,  The fact she is marrying someone who has a home in NYC releases her from the obligation of having to maintain a temporary residence in NYC.  Luann said upfront she could have  gotten a hotel and I believe even looked at places.  I think the living with Sonja was more of a plot device than true living arrangement.  It sure seemed to bother Bethenny that Sonja and Luann were getting "Grey Garden" segments out of the arrangement.  Bethenny said so in her Berkshires rant.

Why is Luann desperate for holding out for more money?  How about she knows her value and won't settle.  It seems this year she got her way and a special added.  It is always about what a person needs it is more about their worth.  Why wouldn't Luann want to be included in a crossover? Brandi and Yolanda filmed with Carole and Kristen.  It is a filming opportunity.  She knows the BH women, it was Bethenny that once again made an ass out of herself in the crossover filming. 

I am waiting for Bethenny to release the financials on Tom.  It seems very important to her how much money he has.  Because that is what normal, mentally healthy people do-run around and downgrade other people's financial status.

Her third home.  Bethenny has two multimillion dollar apartments in the city, and a home in the Hampton's.  Plus an office in the city. 

I'm not saying LuAnn is broke as a joke, clearly she has income, however, she doesn't have the apartment with a balcony unless her man is footing the bill.  Bethenny has her own money, and it's fuck you money.  B depends on no one.  Lu needs the man. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm sure in every case there are elements of another's life that they are envious about. Beth probably wishes she had had an easy breezy divorce like Lu did, with no one fighting her for custody. True, Beth has been fired, but she also had her own talk show, and a couple of spin off reality shows. Comparing any of that to Lu getting her own hour long "before they were HW's gig" is truly a LOL deal to the point that I don't even know what to say. I'll wait while someone tweets Lu asking which one she thinks is better and which she would have preferred. Beth might have come back to reality TV humiliated by failure, but it came with a $1 million salary. Again, ask Lu if she would rather have suffered such humiliation, or spent 2 out of the last 3 seasons holding out for money that her own employer didn't think deserved. Again, I'll wait while someone asks Lu which situation she would prefer. 

Some folks make holding out for more money sound degrading. . . it is not. That is how people make more money.  Ramona and Sonja have both done it, Vicki and Tamra and have done it, and we have no idea what the BH ladies idea what the BH ladies do. We do know Bethenny asked for her own show and was turned down and took the RH gig, the one she vowed to never return to.  Who exactly is the one settling?

3 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Her third home.  Bethenny has two multimillion dollar apartments in the city, and a home in the Hampton's.  Plus an office in the city. 

I'm not saying LuAnn is broke as a joke, clearly she has income, however, she doesn't have the apartment and penthouse unless her man is footing the bill.  Bethenny has her own money, and it's fuck you money.  B depends on no one.  Lu needs the man. 

Fuck you money is an apt description for the totally classless individual she has shown herself to be.  If Bethenny were so confident about her money she wouldn't be running around saying she only dates billionaires with private jets, or sporting a huge diamond ring from her married boyfriend.  Bethenny also likes the perks of dating wealthy men and use of their jets and other perks. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I can see this very well, totally...hell, though, did anyone not celebrate the demise of 'Bethenny,' including Beth? Heh.

• Love 1

Luann lives within her means.  She isn't suffering. She has lived a worldly, jet-setting life, bumping elbows with "royalty" and celebrities and fashion designers in Europe. She has good relationships with her exes. She enjoys herself. She smiles, has fun and seizes the day. I think she lives with very few regrets. Money doesn't buy you happiness.  Bethenny can wander around her $3 million apartments all day long, and I don't think she will ever reach the level of contentment that Luann has.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Bethenny can wander around her $3 million apartments all day long, and I don't think she will ever reach the level of contentment that Luann has.

BINGO! on the nose! And Bethenny is seething about it inside..... I'm not buying the ZF line. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Someone stated Jules was putting hot sauce in her food (I didn't notice).  If true, that's an ED tactic.  You make the food inedible in case you're tempted to eat.   It's all about obsessing over the food, yet depriving yourself. 

She was puthing hot sauce on fruit which is popular with a lot of people and a common snack from a variety of places (common street food) and is delicious. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MerryMary said:

Answering you over in the Bethenny thread.

1 hour ago, shoegal said:

She had 3+ million left after both selling/buying/remodeling her Hamptons houses. IMO, Luann staying with Sonja was producer driven to give them camera time because filming was already underway when they rejoined the cast.

As for Tom, again, we have no idea what his net worth is and I don't trust anything Bethenny says about it because she has an agenda to destroy Luann.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Negotiating their contracts each season is part and parcel to most TV shows, including the HW shows. Bethenny asked for her own show, was told no and then wanted X amount of money to rejoin the HW show she vowed to never go back to. Good for her that she got a large sum but we don't know that Ramona and Luann aren't making that level of money as they have been with the show longer and have been integral to the show for years now. My guess is that they are and Bethenny's big perk to coming back is all the product placement she got which is worth money, so I suspect their actual paychecks, minus what it would cost for that level of free commercials, are closer then anyone realizes. On top of that, we don't know that Bravo didn't meet her salary demands in the end.

As for what Bethenny is about to say concerning Tom's net worth, unless she has personally seen his bank/savings account/investment portfolio then she needs to keep her trap closed because it amounts to nothing less that speculation on her part, and I really doubt that she know what his business, which is separate from his family, is really worth either.

Bethenny really needs to stop paying getting info on the other HWs/SOs. LOL

• Love 6
17 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

On re-watch, I find that performance as weirdly uncomfortable and try-too-hard as it was when it debuted. Victoria looks stoned (maybe that's how she got through it.) 

Vistoria gives me Kristen Stewart Face which is "sullen"

As much as Luanne's videos are horrible and her voice is electronically enhanced I would love for her to do a song this year - for shits and giggles.

Possible titles:

Soul Mate

Can You Believe It? I'm Engaged

We Got The Yacht

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

As much as Luanne's videos are horrible and her voice is electronically enhanced I would love for her to do a song this year - for shits and giggles.

Possible titles:

Soul Mate

We Got The Yacht

And then sing it for Andy when Bethenny is a guest on WWHL! LOL

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She had 3+ million left after both selling/buying/remodeling her Hamptons houses. IMO, Luann staying with Sonja was producer driven to give them camera time because filming was already underway when they rejoined the cast.

As for Tom, again, we have no idea what his net worth is and I don't trust anything Bethenny says about it because she has an agenda to destroy Luann.

Negotiating their contracts each season is part and parcel to most TV shows, including the HW shows. Bethenny asked for her own show, was told no and then wanted X amount of money to rejoin the HW show she vowed to never go back to. Good for her that she got a large sum but we don't know that Ramona and Luann aren't making that level of money as they have been with the show longer and have been integral to the show for years now. My guess is that they are and Bethenny's big perk to coming back is all the product placement she got which is worth money, so I suspect their actual paychecks, minus what it would cost for that level of free commercials, are closer then anyone realizes. On top of that, we don't know that Bravo didn't meet her salary demands in the end.

As for what Bethenny is about to say concerning Tom's net worth, unless she has personally seen his bank/savings account/investment portfolio then she needs to keep her trap closed because it amounts to nothing less that speculation on her part, and I really doubt that she know what his business, which is separate from his family, is really worth either.

Bethenny really needs to stop paying getting info on the other HWs/SOs. LOL

Negotiating their contracts is a big deal, but I don't recall very many of them holding out on filming until they get their way. Lu has done it twice now. Seems to be working out very well for her, though, as far as we know. Integral means different things to different people. I would assume that if Lu were integral to the show, they would offer her a contract that she likes to begin with, and that they certainly wouldn't have demoted her a few seasons ago. You don't want to take the chance that someone integral won't come back. She might have made herself integral this year, however, which is what I believe the very thirsty Lu was trying to do, right from the beginning. Getting herself engaged to a player that had cut a swath of sexual romps across her very own crowd, which is guaranteed to get folks talking. Imagine the continuation of this next year. I will imagine there will be some will she/will she not stuff involved. Her reliving the betrayal and how hard it all was. At the very least a wedding on TV. That's one way to guarantee yourself another season, and maybe even a raise. You go girl. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Possible titles:

Soul Mate

We Got The Yacht

You forgot, "I'm next."  :-)

I like this photo of Victoria she has a definitive look about her:

Next to Gigi Hadid, I think this she one of the prettier RH daughters. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

the Countess is to ballads like Erica Joon is to patting the puss?

Actually? they have it backwards. Lu should be decked out in the cat suit, crooning about ZFs?

You should create a T-Shirt that says I Give Zero Fibroids About B

There is a customer base...You just need to pay me a 5% royalty...I can't take this on cause I'm busy with the FrozyBoy prototype

Bethenny can't sue cause she doesn't own the Trademark to "Zero"

39 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Negotiating their contracts is a big deal, but I don't recall very many of them holding out on filming until they get their way. Lu has done it twice now. Seems to be working out very well for her, though, as far as we know. Integral means different things to different people. I would assume that if Lu were integral to the show, they would offer her a contract that she likes to begin with, and that they certainly wouldn't have demoted her a few seasons ago. You don't want to take the chance that someone integral won't come back. She might have made herself integral this year, however, which is what I believe the very thirsty Lu was trying to do, right from the beginning. Getting herself engaged to a player that had cut a swath of sexual romps across her very own crowd, which is guaranteed to get folks talking. Imagine the continuation of this next year. I will imagine there will be some will she/will she not stuff involved. Her reliving the betrayal and how hard it all was. At the very least a wedding on TV. That's one way to guarantee yourself another season, and maybe even a raise. You go girl. 

She seems to get what she wants, even when she was demoted to FOH. LOL She came back stronger than ever and more popular the following season. The show is an ensemble cast show, it is not a show about only 1 HW, no matter how much 1 of thinks/dreams it is, with the others in bit parts and both Luann and Ramona have been integral to the cast over the years. Those 2 have been on the show the longest of all of them and I am sure they are getting paychecks that reflect that fact.

I do not think Tom/engagement is someone/something Luann planned on, I don't think she is using him for a storyline because she isn't a very good actress. She just can't fake it that well, much like Carole, they can't hide their true feelings, unlike Bethenny, who was a real actress and can turn it on in a nano second. I think even had Tom not come along, Luann would have been guaranteed a contract next season because she is the only one not kissing up to Bethenny. LOL

I hope Luann/Tom work out, get married and are happy for a long, long time. I also hope that Bethenny gets the help she so desperately needs not just for her sake but for Bryn's sake as well. These last 2 episodes should be interesting to say the least and I have no doubts that the reunion will be explosive but as always, nothing will be settled. LOL

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think even had Tom not come along, Luann would have been guaranteed a contract next season because she is the only one not kissing up to Bethenny. LOL

Jules gave Bethy a bit of a run for her money when she called her out at that dinner.  I was impressed since no one else had the steel calzones to do it besides Lu.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I saw it as well.  But I didn't relate it to the ED.  I wanted to virtually high five her cause hot sauce DOES belong on eggs :).  But now that you said it...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She had 3+ million left after both selling/buying/remodeling her Hamptons houses.

That's assuming there wasn't any mortgage on the hamptons house from the count. Also disregarding what I can only imagine would be a massive capital gains tax bill, considering the increased prices in the hamptons over the recent decades. I get a distinct whiff of desperation from her that tells me she doesn't have nearly as much money as she would like to.

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Bethenny also had a True Hollywood Story ep on E years ago.  I'd say that trumps a Bravo Before they Were Housewives.  

I also think Luann doesn't have much in the way of liquid assets.  Yes she has WAY more $ than I do but not as much as she would like us to believe.  She has to think about her future when the Housewife gravy train stops.  I don't see music, acting, or modeling providing enough work and $ to keep her in the lifestyle to which she has grown accustomed.   In reference to the modest comment re Lu's Sag Harbor house and Bethenny's Hamptons house, yes B's is also modest compared to what Ramona and Jill had.  But let's not forget B owns at least 2 homes in NY City.  It seems prudent to have a smaller vacation home.  

Let's be real, they all have more $ than many of us here.  But I think Lu, Sonja, and Jules are the most likely to have to seriously downgrade their lifestyles if they don't lasso a walking wallet.  None of them could EARN enough money based on their lack of work history to afford what they have had.  If they could WHY would they be involved with this show (unless they want to showcase a product or business and they haven't, opportunity blown ladies) or deal with douchebag men (I am including Tom in this, he seems skeevy based on him dating 1/2 of the shows stars)?  I don't see the three of them lighting the world on fire with some innovative new product or business.

• Love 5

Lu has that (real) clothing line.  I don't know how well it's been doing, but she's not entirely reliant on this show for money.

And Jules has her drink thing in Whole Foods, right?  That seems like it might be profitable for her, though she'd be getting alimony and child support, so I'm not too worried about her.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yes! I agree, Luann may have received a comfortable settlement but I don't think she has a lot of income for maintenance taxes and expenses-esp now that the kids are of a certain age that their support will stop. I am sure the Count helped provide a home for the kids up until that age. Now, Tom has perceived cash flow in Luann's eyes to take over a lot of her expenses. 

I do think Bethenny is jealous of Lu. Lu is pretty, and has (seemingly) healthy relationships with her family and children and her ex. It looks effortless to Bethenny who cannot have those nice things no matter how much money she has. Money can't buy you class!

I don’t think B is Jealous of Lu. I think she’s still pissed at Lu because Lu played an integral part in keeping Jill and Beth from making up and she sided with Jill to refuse to film with B while Ramona and Alex told her Jill was trying to “x” her out. That memory has stayed with Bethenny and she doesn’t trust Lu. Lu is also the one who fed info to Jill – i.e. congratulations to B and her baby boy posted on Jill’s website.  

I don’t think Lu made much in her divorce settlement because if she did she should have been able to buy a small condo in the city. She didn’t have that great of a relationship with her husband of 18 years since he dumped her via email. She didn’t say much while they were divorcing because she was screwed royally – he probably had her sign a post nup early on in their marriage. If she got the Hamptons house, she was spending a great deal of her Bravo check on landscaping and maintenance and real estate taxes. I think it’s more likely that the Count paid some of these bills for Luanne while the children were minors as part of his child support. The gig is up for that and Luanne barnacled herself to a ship named Tom.

• Love 5

Lu is friendly with the Count.  She made a point of mentioning that during her drinks with Bethy, and threw shade that maybe Bethy just can't understand that since she is feuding so hard with her ex.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

One year Jill had a late start because she was in Australia, another year Ramona was in Africa.  The negotiations may have more to do with how much they are required to film, if they get the trip, if they can be excluded from being filmed at group events, if they get a product launch on NBC owned E-vine.  Essentially we have a "source close to production" feeding this stuff to Page Six. Hold outs happen all the time in sports and entertainment.  Obviously Bethenny has a schedule that revolves her daughter.  This episode's event it was fairly obvious Bethenny was allowed to call the shots regarding her attending Luann's party. 

Last year and the year before Luann had big years, she came into this year with two strikes against her-Bethenny was mad at her and the forever Carole and Adam argument.  So starting this season she missed one event of Dorinda's and of course anything Carole had at her house-the spell binding psychic crap.  Bravo saw it was going nowhere and amped things up with the Grey Gardens bit, which Andy Cohen thinks is the funniest stuff he has ever seen.   There are times I seriously question his taste.

One thing about Luann her family is pretty important to her and I just don't see her concocting a fake or rushed engagement for purposes of the show.  Her getting close with Tom occurred over the holiday period and they were beyond the half way point in filming.  According to today's People Luann is all about the wedding and describing a veil and three dresses.  I don't see Luann wanting to live the betrayal it was humiliating and Luann doesn't like to be humiliated.  There is only one person who will bring it up repeatedly to Luann and that is Ramona, because she needs a storyline.  I also doubt Bravo is anxious to film the event because of the timing (on a major holiday), the venue is not something they have chosen, and most of all Jill Zarin will be there. (Okay I am kidding there are ways to film even around Jill Zarin.)  Luann and Dorinda are trying pretty much to sell the Tom is a private person to the public.  So I don't even know if he would want to be part of a wedding extravaganza.  I doubt there will be any bachelorette parties or showers from the cast to air, probably endless moments of, "I am getting married," reruns.   Sonja will have an easy out saying she will be in Gstaad during the wedding.  The obvious is maybe they won't start filming until after the holidays for Season 9.

I think the one who will be hurting in all of this will be Ramona.  She just has nothing to grab on to.  How desperate are you to say you will sit outside someone's bedroom door so they aren't lonely while filming? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Atwood said:

That's assuming there wasn't any mortgage on the hamptons house from the count. Also disregarding what I can only imagine would be a massive capital gains tax bill, considering the increased prices in the hamptons over the recent decades. I get a distinct whiff of desperation from her that tells me she doesn't have nearly as much money as she would like to.

Yea, I'm not sure how anyone can know how much money Lu walked away with. I just sold my home and moved into a different one, and trust me, the amount of money I made on the sell of my home doesn't mean that I have that much money. It's all just speculation. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Lu has that (real) clothing line.  I don't know how well it's been doing, but she's not entirely reliant on this show for money.

And Jules has her drink thing in Whole Foods, right?  That seems like it might be profitable for her, though she'd be getting alimony and child support, so I'm not too worried about her.

She does have her clothing line, but it's pretty much tied to her being a Real Housewife. I think she is smarter than most of these gals - she has to be because she's done a pretty good job of capitalizing on her small time fame with things like a clothing line that is affordable for the masses, unlike Sonja's loony plan. She is smart enough to realize that some things will end for her when her days as a RH ends, more than likely. Things like people being interested in buying her clothing line. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Atwood said:

I don't see Luann as desperate or even worried about money. True, we have no idea about any mortgage but something tells me that the house was hers free and clear in the divorce. Also, Luann was never depicted as someone that spends a lot of money or that lives beyond her means, say like Sonja, she has always come across as more grounded in reality, at least in her life style both before and after the divorce. Other than Sonja, I think the other HW that has to count her pennies is Ramona, who now rents out her beloved Hamptons house during the summer while she stays in the city or bunks at friends Hamptons homes. The rest of them, including Luann, seem to be in much better financial shape to varying degrees with, I suspect, Dorinda having the largest bank account, not Bethenny. LOL 

Question, does anyone know if any of Bethenny's homes, the NY places and the Hamptons house, are paid in full or do they have mortgages as well?  

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Sonja, Ramona, and LuAnn seem like shells of their former selves (although LuAnn can pull it together).  They all seem like women who have lost their confidence and are in a try-too-hard mode.  Bethenny is just, well, an asshole.  

• Love 4

The biggest clue that Luann needs money is her behavior BT and AT (before and after Tom). 

Before Tom she very much sucked up to Bethenny, to the point I was embarrassed for her.

After Tom, Luann regained her sense of independence and planned events that didn't revolve around Bs approval or participation.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

The biggest clue that Luann needs money is her behavior BT and AT (before and after Tom). 

Before Tom she very much sucked up to Bethenny, to the point I was embarrassed for her.

After Tom, Luann regained her sense of independence and planned events that didn't revolve around Bs approval or participation.

Please correct me if I am remembering things wrong but other than her engagement party (of which Bethenny was invited to), Luann hasn't planned/hosted any parties/events at all this season. Which means that she could have cared less about Bethenny even before Tom. I think they have all sucked up to Bethenny all season but it was for the camera time, which does equate into keeping their jobs/paychecks for next season, but I don't think Luann was ever in jeopardy of not coming back next season unless she didn't want to.  So far this season, only Luann has gone against Bethenny on a regular basis, with Jules doing it 1 time, so they need to keep Luann unless the PTB really are morphing this NY HW show into the new "Bethenny Redo Show" LOL

45 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Please correct me if I am remembering things wrong but other than her engagement party (of which Bethenny was invited to), Luann hasn't planned/hosted any parties/events at all this season. Which means that she could have cared less about Bethenny even before Tom. I think they have all sucked up to Bethenny all season but it was for the camera time, which does equate into keeping their jobs/paychecks for next season, but I don't think Luann was ever in jeopardy of not coming back next season unless she didn't want to.  So far this season, only Luann has gone against Bethenny on a regular basis, with Jules doing it 1 time, so they need to keep Luann unless the PTB really are morphing this NY HW show into the new "Bethenny Redo Show" LOL

Luann had a cocktail party and Carole and Bethenny didn't even to bother to send regrets.  Ramona reported back to them about Luann saying she took the high road in apologizing to Carole and the conversation became all about how she had returned to her Countess behavior.

I look at it this way, these women are on a show and part of their contract requires them to film x number of days and/or hours.  When the show starts becoming more about who is not invited and the fallout, the ratings drop.  There are so few friendships that it is not plausible that most these women would ever attend another's event let alone travel with them for five days.  So they need to drop this "not invited" pretense as a storyline. If Bethenny has a real launch and decides not to invite the others that is one thing and doesn't need to presented as a who is not invited.  It is business and the focus should be on her-not the other RH.  It is not the only franchise that suffers from this behavior.  At least Gunvalson said upfront, I won't be excluded from events.

I believe Luann has a job for as long as she wants and that is why she holds out on her contract.  In order for her to be a contract holdout one has to be offered to her.  I never quite understand why people think Luann is broke or she has to grovel for a job every year.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann had a cocktail party and Carole and Bethenny didn't even to bother to send regrets.  Ramona reported back to them about Luann saying she took the high road in apologizing to Carole and the conversation became all about how she had returned to her Countess behavior.

I look at it this way, these women are on a show and part of their contract requires them to film x number of days and/or hours.  When the show starts becoming more about who is not invited and the fallout, the ratings drop.  There are so few friendships that it is not plausible that most these women would ever attend another's event let alone travel with them for five days.  So they need to drop this "not invited" pretense as a storyline. If Bethenny has a real launch and decides not to invite the others that is one thing and doesn't need to presented as a who is not invited.  It is business and the focus should be on her-not the other RH.  It is not the only franchise that suffers from this behavior.  At least Gunvalson said upfront, I won't be excluded from events.

I believe Luann has a job for as long as she wants and that is why she holds out on her contract.  In order for her to be a contract holdout one has to be offered to her.  I never quite understand why people think Luann is broke or she has to grovel for a job every year.

I forgot about the cocktail party. LOL But she did invite everyone, unlike some of the others at their events......I am looking at you Bethenny/Dorinda. LOL I suspect that Bethenny is required to make her SKG commercials fit into the show by including at least 1 HW, like Carole, or at least include her talking to a HW about it before the event (her give away).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Both the Sushi Roxx excursion and the cocktail party following the dry cleaning party were LuAnn events. This season has been super weird about hosted events, especially ones at restaurants. Some of them, if you didn't catch who was hosting at the outset of the event, you would be hard pressed to figure out who was the host. Who was the hostess of the pizza making event? 

• Love 6