Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Body Of Evidence

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly!

Dorinda knows what she is doing. What she says to each party has the goal of inciting and escalating, not resolving and calming. She makes each party think that she is on their side but then when everyone’s together she doesn’t “back it up”, “take a side”, or “pick a lane” and she can’t because both parties think they’re the one that has her in their corner.

I don’t think her motives are all that altruistic.

That said, it’s entertaining and great for Reality TV. I love when she hostesses events – it's a guaranteed whirlwind of shit. She needs to hostess Luanne’s bachelorette party.

The Beverly Hills crew could sure use a Dorinda!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, straightshooter said:

I so agree with you here. 

My status as a fan of Bethenny died a sad death this season, so I figured I'd be the last to defend her, but in this instance, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.  In my opinion, to keep it to herself would be even shittier than telling LuAnn on camera.  I'd much rather be told something like this from the get-go, before I've married the dickhead and spent years with him.  LuAnn has a right to make an informed choice as to whether or not she wants to commit to the douche, knowing what she now knows.  She may have decided to go through with it anyway, but she still had a right to know.  

I've been shocked by the fact that there hasn't been more said about the cheater himself, and about the fact that it's ok with Lu.  I think it says a lot about both of them and their (possible) future "marriage".

She should have done this off camera if she really felt she was the one that needed to tell Luann but then she couldn't make this all about herself and she would loose the camera time she is so desperate for. Of course Luann needed to be told but not in this manner, not by someone that has done everything she could to hurt/humiliate her and who is using as fodder for the drama factor on the show. Bethenny was not doing this out of the kindness of her heart or because she was truly worried about Luann getting hurt by Tom.

I don't think we have enough information about what Tom did to make any judgements about him/his actions yet. I think it possible that Bethenny has blown this up bigger than it was for the sake of hurting Luann and for the show. This is Bethenny we are talking about, the woman that swears she was bleeding to death from her fibroids, you know the fibroids she didn't have removed until months later, exaggeration is her trademark. LOL

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She should have done this off camera if she really felt she was the one that needed to tell Luann but then she couldn't make this all about herself and she would loose the camera time she is so desperate for. Of course Luann needed to be told but not in this manner, not by someone that has done everything she could to hurt/humiliate her and who is using as fodder for the drama factor on the show. Bethenny was not doing this out of the kindness of her heart or because she was truly worried about Luann getting hurt by Tom.

I don't think we have enough information about what Tom did to make any judgements about him/his actions yet. I think it possible that Bethenny has blown this up bigger than it was for the sake of hurting Luann and for the show. This is Bethenny we are talking about, the woman that swears she was bleeding to death from her fibroids, you know the fibroids she didn't have removed until months later, exaggeration is her trademark. LOL

I certainly agree she could have/should have done it off camera if she really cared. I doubt that she really does. 

I don't get the point about her being so hungry for camera time. She has missed some big stuff this season. If she was so concerned about it she wouldn't have stayed away from Carole's deal, from the dinner where Lu showed off her ring, or missed Lu's engagement party. We've had more than a few episodes this season where people have commented that it's been nice to see less Beth. A gal that simply wants to be on camera as much as possible doesn't miss out on so many opportunities to get camera time. If Beth had been at that engagement party, I've no doubt the camera would have been on her a lot for her reactions and we would have seen a lot of TH interviews for her opinions. 

• Love 4

How is Tom getting away with anything?  It hasn't even aired yet, and the previews we saw showed Beth/Lu and Beth's 'pangs' at seeing how upset Lu was, that's why we're doing B v L, part 30. 

Of course the Hos are to live on camera to amuse us.  Just sucks that one of them got to hide her rapist boyfriend and whine about having a dry vagina, her words, and demur about not wanting a 'man-stealer' (uh ok) to know about her relationship until she decided to go nuclear and on the offensive, possibly to deflect attention from her own participation in infidelity.  If the not-crazy-seeming spec about what Beth gets to keep off camera is remotely correct, it just makes this all seem ridiculously mean.

In terms of 'getting away' - in the RHOOC thread a season back, the discussion centered on Heather/Tamra's treatment of Shannon once it was clear they were kind of trafficking in the info that Shannon's husband, David, had a long-term affair with a woman connected to Heather's circle.  Not every post started with 'as we have stipulated David should be held by one heel and dipped into a live volcano for doing this...now let me move on to reading Tamra for filth via this post' but it seemed no one thought David got away with anything with viewers!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree with the bolded.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

How is Tom getting away with anything?  It hasn't even aired yet, and the previews we saw showed Beth/Lu and Beth's 'pangs' at seeing how upset Lu was. 

Of course the Hos are to live on camera to amuse us.  Just sucks that one of them got to hide her rapist boyfriend and whine about having a dry vagina, her words, and demur about not wanting a 'man-stealer' (uh ok) to know about her relationship until she decided to go nuclear and on the offensive, possibly to deflect attention from her own participation in infidelity.  If the not-crazy-seeming spec about what Beth gets to keep off camera is remotely correct, it just makes this all seem ridiculously mean.

In terms of 'getting away' - in the RHOOC thread a season back, the discussion centered on Heather/Tamra's treatment of Shannon once it was clear they were kind of trafficking in the info that Shannon's husband, David, had a long-term affair with a woman connected to Heather's circle.  Not every post started with 'as we have stipulated David should be held by one heel and dipped into a live volcano for doing this...' but it seemed no one thought he got away with anything with viewers!

I'm not so sure that Tom is getting away with anything, but he is certainly not facing the same level of condemnation that Beth is, considering what he has done (although we don't know the details, we know he had to issue a statement of regret). 

I guess I should hold my opinions until next week, when we see what he has actually done. It will be interesting, after seeing the hurt on Lu's face at this news, if the commentary moves on to how horrible he is to have done the terrible thing, and less about Beth reporting the news of the terrible thing. My guess is "no", because it will be more or less OK since Lu forgave him, and she will no doubt, not be forgiving Beth. 

What I'm really interested in is seeing Sonja's reaction. The previews show Sonja being mad at Tom, and I think they are trying to make it appear that Sonja gets mad at Tom about her (Sonja's) relationship with him. My guess is that Sonja will be furious at Tom for hurting Lu. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I certainly agree she could have/should have done it off camera if she really cared. I doubt that she really does. 

I don't get the point about her being so hungry for camera time. She has missed some big stuff this season. If she was so concerned about it she wouldn't have stayed away from Carole's deal, from the dinner where Lu showed off her ring, or missed Lu's engagement party. We've had more than a few episodes this season where people have commented that it's been nice to see less Beth. A gal that simply wants to be on camera as much as possible doesn't miss out on so many opportunities to get camera time. If Beth had been at that engagement party, I've no doubt the camera would have been on her a lot for her reactions and we would have seen a lot of TH interviews for her opinions. 

Yes, she has missed a few things but not much. She was bleeding all over the place/sick for a few of these events, like the ring dinner and Carole's dog event and even though she wasn't on the yacht, she was in the episode a good amount of time discussing Tom's bad behavior to her friend that doesn't know Luann or Tom, so in reality, she hasn't missed filming all that much this season. LOL

• Love 4

I would be genuinely impressed and come around a bit on Sun-ya if she gets mad at Tom for hurting Lu.  That would redeem a lot, including trashing LuAnn for the Harry Dubin non-abandonment (where she sat quietly 'crying' and simpering when Ramona shrieked 'fuck her!' and gave the air and a couple of bewildered interns the finger about hearing over that completely fictional betrayal). 

Beth has gone in so hard on Lu that it's just hard for me to see anything other than chops-licking malice in her behavior.  It would be as if she tried to guide Kelly Bensimon gently by the elbow to a shrink, as a kind of mental-health sponsor, after snarking on her and quite obviously hating her (legitimately earned or not).  She hates Lu.  Time to put on her big girl, size 4T pants, take a photo, post it to Instagram with a hashtag, and not be such a fucking fake and pretending to cry over hurting Lu.

Funny fact: in the media thread there's a story of Beth going full mental Beth and throwing a drink at a Coldplay concert 2 days ago, because a few concertgoers wouldn't sit down for Ms. Jock-Off.  Kelly B. was at that concert, too - and despite her mental health issues, no one reported her throwing a glass like a primate flinging shit or Ramona whipping a wineglass...maybe Kelly can give Beth a referral to a great psychiatrist or psychologist. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9

There's bringing it up on camera and bringing it up on camera. Bethenny chose the worst possible way - first with a rando friend, then with Carole and Ramona (of all people) and not taking the chance to tell Lu when they were alone. By all means, bring it up on camera, but why not do it directly with Lu on a one on one rather than gossiping about it with so many people

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not so sure that Tom is getting away with anything, but he is certainly not facing the same level of condemnation that Beth is, considering what he has done (although we don't know the details, we know he had to issue a statement of regret). 

I guess I should hold my opinions until next week, when we see what he has actually done. It will be interesting, after seeing the hurt on Lu's face at this news, if the commentary moves on to how horrible he is to have done the terrible thing, and less about Beth reporting the news of the terrible thing. My guess is "no", because it will be more or less OK since Lu forgave him, and she will no doubt, not be forgiving Beth. 

What I'm really interested in is seeing Sonja's reaction. The previews show Sonja being mad at Tom, and I think they are trying to make it appear that Sonja gets mad at Tom about her (Sonja's) relationship with him. My guess is that Sonja will be furious at Tom for hurting Lu. 

We do know now what Bethenny has done in regards to Tom's behavior, we have seen her talk about it numerous times with various HWs/unknown friend of hers and we saw her grill Luann about her/Tom's relationship with out telling her why she was asking. Seriously, if Bethenny felt the need to tell Luann herself that was the time to do it but instead she was playing some cat/mouse game with Luann (the mouse) and her (the cat) and it is disturbing IMO. All of which makes the conversation about Bethenny's offensive actions begin now because we just don't know what Tom did, only what Bethenny has done.

I agree, I do think Sonja gets mad at him for hurting Luann but I guess we will see next week how this all plays out. LOL

• Love 9

Well,

Since everyone has indicted Tom, on hearsay from a known exaggerator, blowhard and fabricator - I am going to take a moment and lodge my complaint against Methenny and her 'source'.

I dunno WHAT is in those photos - they have already been discussed on the show - had no impact (that we know of) on the relationship and probably won't ever be seen? May as well punch your ticket to Bitchville if you do sign a release, because that way she can pass the blame on to you........Don't kill the messenger, it's meth frankelstein? I don't think they will sign a release, but I could be wrong?

---------

If this was going on in a real 'gansta' setting - she'd get her ass kicked and she'd never again mention Tom, Luanne or the word 'photos'.

Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches..

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Well,

Since everyone has indicted Tom, on hearsay from a known exaggerator, blowhard and fabricator - I am going to take a moment and lodge my complaint against Methenny and her 'source'.

I dunno WHAT is in those photos - they have already been discussed on the show - had no impact (that we know of) on the relationship and probably won't ever be seen? May as well punch your ticket to Bitchville if you do sign a release, because that way she can pass the blame on to you........Don't kill the messenger, it's meth frankelstein? I don't think they will sign a release, but I could be wrong?

---------

If this was going on in a real 'gansta' setting - she'd get her ass kicked and she'd never again mention Tom, Luanne or the word 'photos'.

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if the bald man making out with the playboy bunny in the bar was actually Beth's man? or that creepy dude on OC married to Kelly (who ALSO has Beth's haircut!)?

• Love 6

So yesterday the news cycle was about only confirmed current RH was Dorinda.  That oh so publicity shy Ramona had her rep issue a statement, the invitations had not gone out (the story was actually about save a date e-mails).  The ever so reliable RadarOnLine has elevated the interaction between Ramona and Tom, at this week's episode to Tom hitting on Ramona.  On what planet?  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/luann-de-lesseps-wedding-ramona-singer-bethenny-frankel-not-invited-rhony/

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2016 at 9:08 AM, KungFuBunny said:

I wonder when he went out on a date with Ramona, if he brought up the subject of "hey do you remember me when I tried to pick up your friend Joanie?"

Why did Ramona go on a date with a guy that hit on her friend Joanie? Did they film the reunion already because I'd love to see her blink and squirm her way through that question. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

Why did Ramona go on a date with a guy that hit on her friend Joanie? Did they film the reunion already because I'd love to see her blink and squirm her way through that question. 

Yes, they have already filmed the reunion. I am sure that Ramona would say that she didn't remember him from all those years ago but I am sure she did remember him and she was the one that reminded production of it. LOL

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

My guess is that she didn't realize it when he asked her out. She said she met him, they talked, and he asker her out. He probably told her later that he had already met her in the past. The deal with him being on the show and hitting on her friend happened 7 years ago, so I can see her not placing him as that guy. Expecially since we are talking about Ramona. Remember that scene earlier in the season when Avery was with her friend? Ramona seemed to not know the girl and was asking about her, and Avery reminded her that she had stayed at their home for the weekend in the past. Ramona seemed to not remember that her daughter having a friend around for the weekend. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I admit, unless Tom is injuring kittens, I'll be more focused on Bethy's actions.  I don't know Tom; he's barely been on the show, and he means nothing to me.  He might be 100% guilty as sin and in need of being dumped, and I'll think badly of him, and will believe Lu can do better.  But I've been watching Lu and Bethy on this show for a long time, so it's their interactions and dynamics that are more interesting to me.  

I also am annoyed by Bethy's faux concern approach.  I thought she was keeping it real?  She's not concerned about Lu, and it makes me want to vomit that she's trying to sell that.  If she gives zero fucks, and hates Luann as much as it seems, why not be honest?  Put that news out there with glee, Bethy!  You can't pull off faux concern after you spent an evening berating that same woman for being a whore., so just stop it.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

There's bringing it up on camera and bringing it up on camera. Bethenny chose the worst possible way - first with a rando friend, then with Carole and Ramona (of all people) and not taking the chance to tell Lu when they were alone. By all means, bring it up on camera, but why not do it directly with Lu on a one on one rather than gossiping about it with so many people

Bethenny and Luanne are at best civil co-workers. So whenever Luanne deals with B she can brace. Bethenny will get up in her face and be direct.

Everything Bethenny did, Sonja did to Luanne and it’s more of a betrayal as she has portrayed herself as her friend.

Luanne told Sonja about her relationship with Tom in Sonja’s kitchen. Sonja chose to talk about it ON camera in her Talking Head Shot as opposed to speaking about it to Luanne. Whatever her issue was I didn’t hear in ANY talking head shot that she was concerned that Tom was a player or any suspicion that he might hurt Luanne.  It was all about Sonja and “her” Tom. Luanne goes to the Berkshires and defends Sonja.

Sonja continues to talk about Tom in her TH with details of how they were FWB for 10 years and hooking up at discreet UES locales (alleys). She had plenty of time to have a one on one sit down with Luanne on or off camera but she chose instead to speak about it in her TH shots. Joanne’s dinner – here Sonja announces to the other ladies including Luanne that she has been FWB with Tom for 10 years. I did not see her making that announcement from a place of concern and Sonja made that announcement in front of the entire group.  Luanne leaves upset and Sonja continues to speak about it with the other ladies now that Luanne is gone.

Now move to the Black Barn where Luanne shows off her engagement ring. Sonja again in her TH hot continues to talk about her FWB relationship, disses the ring calling it murky, AND now suddenly Luanne never really stayed with her in the city – she was hardly ever around…about Luanne the one person who has been defending her and filming with her.

Now move to the yacht…again no one on one sit down with Luanne instead she chooses to speak about it with Carole and Ramona. Her dress choice for the engagement party was not made with thoughts about Luanne’s comfort. She wanted to upstage Luanne and have Tom stare at her…this was all about Sonja and her need for camera time.

The next day, Sonja goes into her crying schpiel and when Luanne confronts Ramona, Sonja reads the article. Does she bring up her issue  to Luanne – nope but she does bring it up again in her TH.

If on the next episode if Sonja yells at Tom, it’s not in concern for Luanne, it’s about camera time for Sonja.

Bethenny had this video/text for 2 days, Sonja had her concerns for 2 months. I wonder how Luanne felt about Sonja after she saw all of the episodes  - me I’d feel betrayed and devastated by Sonja’s actions. Bethenny my coworker who has been a bitch to me all season is acting her usual self. Sonja, my friend, who I’ve socialized with, been snatch guard to, mentored – I would never have expected that.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, straightshooter said:

The Beverly Hills crew could sure use a Dorinda!

Agreed - she would sure help move the story along.

Dorinda should get together with Shannon and they can go across the RH franchise and plan/hostess all events.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, WireWrap said:

Sonja said that in a TH, not to Luann's face, she also said that no one knew about her and Tom, so Luann did not know. Sonja could have told Luann when Luann told her she was seeing Tom and that she really, really liked him but she chose not to say anything until other cast members were present.

Exactly. And have Ramona and Carole turn it into the love affair of the century.  A fairy tale with a sad ending.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

Here is the scene-http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-18/videos/this-isnt-the-first-time-weve-seen the more important question is why is a very married Ramona putting her hands on a stranger and leaning in to him?  I would say the one trying to get the flirt on was Ramona.  then she could go home and tell Mario about the guy hitting on her.  She does the same thing when Tom corrects her and she calls him "baby", who calls the finance, at his own engagement party "baby"?  Again who was the one doing the flirting?  Ramona.

Best answer for Ramona is to plead UES incest.  Be it a dinner, a group dinner there are people who they all have contact with, a benefit or a hoedown, knowing is usually better than not knowing.  It would be like saying anyone who met she and Mario while they were married was off limits. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It would be like saying anyone who met she and Mario while they were married was off limits. 

Maybe that's what she tells herself to explain why no one wants to actually have a relationship with her.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, ryebread said:

Now Carole is all over Twitter alluding to the mixing of drugs and cocktails amongst the women.  I can totally see Bethenny hatching an evil plan to portray the others as pill popping, drunken sluts.  So that if/when they drop a dime on her, she can point her bony finger and scream, "See?  I told you.  They're all crazy!  I was right!"  She's instructed Carole to start dropping hints on social media to back this up.  Carole, because she's a dancing monkey, complies.D

Did Carole also mention that her and Adam are stoned 24/7.  That's ok I guess. Bitch.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

And it follows the theme of everyone of them blowing things up bigger than they are about Tom in order.... yup you guessed it, to hurt Lu.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Okay so with camera time off the table for why Beth did it on camera... that just leans more towards the heinous act of Beth doing it JUST SO SHE CAN humiliate Lu ON CAMERA and not because she wanted camera time for herself but just to have the knife plunge deeper. I mean, I don't really think Beth is all that thirsty for camera time either since she knows she can determine how little or how much of it she has without much effort however I do think she WANTED to have THIS on camera.  Not cause she was worried about camera time cause like I said girl can pick and choose and she's in no jeopardy of losing her apple so she really doesn't HAVE to claw as much as the others if at all. So I agree, I don't think she's worried about camera time in that way however she wants the cameras and the attention and well this was a humdinger that serves so many purposes. One of which was getting to humiliate Lu on camera via her sword of "truth" and which makes her cruel 10x's too small heart do happy dances for days.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

And letting it fester and letting it start buzzing about before Lu even has an inkling about the situation. That's a classic mean girl move. Lu is not only going to be hurt by the news but then knowing that the others were talking about it, are aware of it, forming opinions about it while watching (and probably inwardly laughing at her expressions of happiness) during the period of time of them knowing and her not knowing. It creates a huge imbalance for Lu and that's just where Beth wants her. The women who would like nothing more than to point and say "told ya so" instead offering head tilts, and patronizing words of encouragement complete with fake offers of "We're here for you Lu, everyone here cares about you"... Yeah, to me that's probably worse than tackling whatever bad news Beth has to offer.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Well,

---------

I mean SERIOUSLY have we not seen the other women EXAGGERATE everything Tom? As for Beth....She lives to target people so now we are to believe she's acquired the bullseye of all bullseyes to hurt Lu just out of thin air? And as believable as it all might be how everything transpired just seems completely suspect to me and I wouldn't dismiss my serious relationship based on sketchy evidence. I'm sorry I just wouldn't be able to so I'm thinking that's why the engagement is still on.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Okay so with camera time off the table for why Beth did it on camera... that just leans more towards the heinous act of Beth doing it JUST SO SHE CAN humiliate Lu ON CAMERA and not because she wanted camera time for herself but just to have the knife plunge deeper. I mean, I don't really think Beth is all that thirsty for camera time either since she knows she can determine how little or how much of it she has without much effort however I do think she WANTED to have THIS on camera.  Not cause she was worried about camera time cause like I said girl can pick and choose and she's in no jeopardy of losing her apple so she really doesn't HAVE to claw as much as the others if at all. So I agree, I don't think she's worried about camera time in that way however she wants the cameras and the attention and well this was a humdinger that serves so many purposes. One of which was getting to humiliate Lu on camera via her sword of "truth" and which makes her cruel 10x's too small heart do happy dances for days.

Well of course she wanted it on camera. If she didn't want it on camera, she wouldn't have done it on camera. Of all the things to debate, I struggle to see how this is even up for differing opinions.  Unless someone at Bravo threatened her (which of course they didn't), she clearly wanted to do this on camera. I know others don't agree, but I honestly believe it was partly poetic justice for Lu last year refusing to do her dirty work on camera, but far away where no one could effectively challenge her and she didn't look like a horrid, bitter woman on camera. If Lu would have been saying the exact same things to Carole to her face as she was on Twitter, things would have looked very different for Lu. Most folks don't even realize that Lu became such a nut, unless they read press or forums about the show. None of the people I know who watch the show pay one bit of attention to anything that doesn't happen on the show, so they were clueless to Lu's actual character. What comes around goes around and all of that. I'm not saying that Beth was right. I agree with all those that said she would have done it off camera if she cared about Lu, but then I'm not one who has ever believed that Beth cared about Lu. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well of course she wanted it on camera. If she didn't want it on camera, she wouldn't have done it on camera. Of all the things to debate, I struggle to see how this is even up for differing opinions.  Unless someone at Bravo threatened her (which of course they didn't), she clearly wanted to do this on camera. I know others don't agree, but I honestly believe it was partly poetic justice for Lu last year refusing to do her dirty work on camera, but far away where no one could effectively challenge her and she didn't look like a horrid, bitter woman on camera. If Lu would have been saying the exact same things to Carole to her face as she was on Twitter, things would have looked very different for Lu. Most folks don't even realize that Lu became such a nut, unless they read press or forums about the show. None of the people I know who watch the show pay one bit of attention to anything that doesn't happen on the show, so they were clueless to Lu's actual character. What comes around goes around and all of that. I'm not saying that Beth was right. I agree with all those that said she would have done it off camera if she cared about Lu, but then I'm not one who has ever believed that Beth cared about Lu. 

What I struggle with more is how EVERYTHING seems to lead back to the whole Carole/Adam/Lu debacle. It's such a tired justification that seems to be an all inclusive package that defies the test of time and that apparently spans across the  entire cast to use against Lu.

I for one don't consider the unfortunate feud between her and Carole a true gauge of Lu's character. Nothing about Lu's life screams terrible person to me. Aside from a few poor and selfish decisions I don't think her soul is black like I do Ramona, Beth and Carole. Being annoying and having a grating personality isn't the same as someone who deliberately sets out to cause harm to others with no provocation whatsoever.

Her thing with Carole was FAAARRRRRR from one sided and that's the worse we've seen her and to be honest a drawn out twitter cat fight...??? Really? If that's the worst out there when it comes to what's wrong with the world and the travesties of humanity then, well.... I'll just stifle a giggle and leave it there.

Oh and I'm curious. What has Lu done to Beth that makes this act of cruelty towards Lu so finger licking deliciously karmic? Cause if I recall Carole, NOT Beth mind you, didn't just silently suffer. She was a hookin' and a jabbin' right along with Lu so to me that pretty much ran it's course with both parties putting up a fight and showing their "ugly" until the bell rang so there really wasn't really anything left off the court with those two. Especially not anything left for Beth to pick up and run with soooo....... back to what Lu has ever done to Beth to deserve this level of cruelty? Head scratcher for sure.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh and I'm curious. What has Lu done to Beth that makes this act of cruelty towards Lu so finger licking deliciously karmic?

Well. Lu was always on team Jill, even now, Jill seems to be on the wedding list. Still no justification for B's behavior but the feud goes back a long way between "Mrs. de Lessep" and B.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Well. Lu was always on team Jill, even now, Jill seems to be on the wedding list. Still no justification for B's behavior but the feud goes back a long way between "Mrs. de Lessep" and B.  

That's the thing it's not a feud. Beth doesn't necessarily like Lu. That's pretty much it. Big whoop. I got plenty of bitches that don't like me for some of the same reasons Lu gets these women's panties in a bunch. I never understood the need to cause such deliberate pain to another person just cause you've been at odds once or twice in your dealings with each other. Actually makes me want to beat the shit outta people...... But ya know what? I don't... #adulting

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Most folks don't even realize that Lu became such a nut, unless they read press or forums about the show. None of the people I know who watch the show pay one bit of attention to anything that doesn't happen on the show, so they were clueless to Lu's actual character.

And to take it one step further - even we, the Grand Poobahs of Forum Posting and Social Media Following - don't know it all.

Only THEY know most, and even THEY have misunderstandings about how something really went down because of the pot stirring and double sided mouth talking they all do.

20 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh and I'm curious. What has Lu done to Beth that makes this act of cruelty towards Lu so finger licking deliciously karmic?

That's my point. ^^ We only witness snippets of what these women do together.  We don't know the details of all their phone calls and social interactions during filming or off season.  Beth could hate Lu's guts for a myriad of reasons that we'll never know about.  And vice versa.  

All we're doing is forming opinions on what we ARE seeing and/or reading - actually just interpretations of what we're seeing/reading.  Not a one of us has a true grasp of the dynamics between these women or even what makes them tick individually.  Imo, they're all 50% worse in real life than what they're showing us.  Therefore, I try not to expend too much energy trying to figure them out.  As long as it stays fun, that's all that matters to me.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ryebread said:

And to take it one step further - even we, the Grand Poobahs of Forum Posting and Social Media Following - don't know it all.

Only THEY know most, and even THEY have misunderstandings about how something really went down because of the pot stirring and double sided mouth talking they all do.

That's my point. ^^ We only witness snippets of what these women do together.  We don't know the details of all their phone calls and social interactions during filming or off season.  Beth could hate Lu's guts for a myriad of reasons that we'll never know about.  And vice versa.  

All we're doing is forming opinions on what we ARE seeing and/or reading - actually just interpretations of what we're seeing/reading.  Not a one of us has a true grasp of the dynamics between these women or even what makes them tick individually.  Imo, they're all 50% worse in real life than what they're showing us.  Therefore, I try not to expend too much energy trying to figure them out.  As long as it stays fun, that's all that matters to me.

-But then they get to SEE the footage and yet are still delusional like Carole on Twitter never once tweeting "oh shit, my bad that wasn't very nice was it?". That makes me question any "hidden" reasoning.  At least you could see Lu's discomfort with all of the ugly and she didn't pretend that "oh I'm on a show I get paid to be a bitch and hurt people's feelings" No she was visibly emotional and affected by events that transpired and although she did try to defend some of it she also acknowledged that it wasn't a good look. Carole, Beth?  Oh no, Beth refers to "the high ratings" in her blog and Carole tells people they are morons to watch.... Yeah, I think it's safe to say these bitches like picking fights cause they like to hurt people and not because of some deep dark off camera atrocities.

-Fun to me doesn't involve extreme cruelty. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

What I struggle with more is how EVERYTHING seems to lead back to the whole Carole/Adam/Lu debacle. It's such a tired justification that seems to be an all inclusive package that defies the test of time and that apparently spans across the  entire cast to use against Lu.

I for one don't consider the unfortunate feud between her and Carole a true gauge of Lu's character. Nothing about Lu's life screams terrible person to me. Aside from a few poor and selfish decisions I don't think her soul is black like I do Ramona, Beth and Carole. Being annoying and having a grating personality isn't the same as someone who deliberately sets out to cause harm to others with no provocation whatsoever.

Her thing with Carole was FAAARRRRRR from one sided and that's the worse we've seen her and to be honest a drawn out twitter cat fight...??? Really? If that's the worst out there when it comes to what's wrong with the world and the travesties of humanity then, well.... I'll just stifle a giggle and leave it there.

Oh and I'm curious. What has Lu done to Beth that makes this act of cruelty towards Lu so finger licking deliciously karmic? Cause if I recall Carole, NOT Beth mind you, didn't just silently suffer. She was a hookin' and a jabbin' right along with Lu so to me that pretty much ran it's course with both parties putting up a fight and showing their "ugly" until the bell rang so there really wasn't really anything left off the court with those two. Especially not anything left for Beth to pick up and run with soooo....... back to what Lu has ever done to Beth to deserve this level of cruelty? Head scratcher for sure.

EVERYTHING? The entire cast? What means the "entire cast"? Anyone bringing Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda or Jules into that? As much as folks talk about others exaggerating Tom and his foibles, saying that EVERYTHING and "spans across an entire cast" seems like a quite a leap. As far as I can see, only a few things that have to do with some of the dynamics between Carole and Lu, and to some extent Beth (because she specifically noted the stuff with Lu going after Carole last  in her rant). When Beth was going after Lu, quite a bit of the content came back around to her behavior in light of the things she had accused Carole of.

Put it this way, if Lu had never gone after Carole like a crazy lunatic last season, and Lu and Carole would have gone on to be fast friends as they were before, do you think that Beth would have gone after Lu in the same manner? If Lu hadn't called Carole those names (including pedophile), do you think that Beth would have had the same level of anger at Lu? I don't, therefore I think they are in some way connected.

I don't think that is a staggering leap, or saying that everything has something to do with that. I don't think any of the stuff about Sonja and Ramona's feeling about Tom and Lu have anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Dorinda is the biggest shit stirrer on the planet has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Jules has an ED has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Ramona is a terrible dancer has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that John is a huge d-bag has anything to do with that. See, not everything. I only think that the things that have something to do with each other are the things that might actually have something to do with each other. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

-Fun to me doesn't involve extreme cruelty. 

I was referring more to the tone of the posting here.  For me, as long as the tone and debating about these bishes remains relatively light, it's just fun.  Once it starts getting personal and/or manifesto-ish, not so much.

• Love 2

About the 'feud' between Lu and everyone else??

Let's put it into perspective.

The group hate towards Luann is funny because I see it like this?

Remember that one person in your group that was ALWAYS prim, proper, dressed nicely and folded her clothes before they went into the locker. Her underwear always matched. She always carried herself with her chin up, never panicked and always was the first person you saw in a group?

Lu is the kind of person that laughs with you when you flip your drink into your lap, not at you?

3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Beth could hate Lu's guts for a myriad of reasons that we'll never know about.  And vice versa. 

Beth can't say she hates Lu because Lu is more polished, worldly and knows how to comport herself (I wonder what things people have driven Lu to do?) - that would expose her jealousy, so she has to take a different tack.

Lu isn't any different than the other ladies other than the fact that she comes off as more polished  and her underwear probably matches?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Put it this way, if Lu had never gone after Carole like a crazy lunatic last season, and Lu and Carole would have gone on to be fast friends as they were before, do you think that Beth would have gone after Lu in the same manner?

I still think Beth would have gone after Lu.  Beth said, (many moons ago) to Lu: "I don't like you, I don't trust you, I think you're a snake."  She's always thought that, and she always will.  Carole or no Carole.  Carole is just the latest conduit for Beth to go BSC. 

Even if it appeared that Beth and Lu had repaired their relationship to some extent since the snake comment, Bethenny has proven - time and time again - that she doesn't forget.  I think if Lu and Carole had gotten to be friends again, Beth would've gone even crazier on Lu.  Ya don't try to take anything away from Beth. 

On the other hand, I believe Lu knows just how to push Beth's buttons by being gloaty and obnoxious as evidenced at Doris' Christmas party.  These two will never like each other, for reasons not completely unbeknownst to us, but I suspect because sometimes certain people just rub you the wrong way.  Oil and water and all that.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Beth can't say she hates Lu because Lu is more polished, worldly and knows how to comport herself (I wonder what things people have driven Lu to do?) - that would expose her jealousy, so she has to take a different tack. Lu isn't any different than the other ladies other than the fact that she comes off as more polished  and her underwear probably matches?

This is the big reason WHY I think Beth hates Lu. Because back in the day, when Beth was storing her mismatched underwear in baggies on the floor of a crappy little closet, she was jealous.  She'd been dumped, her business was going nowhere and she was alone.  Her wardrobe was meh, her hair was awful and she was probably wearing (gasp!) drugstore make-up.

Anyway, Lu appeared to have a great life:  two kids, a house here, a house there, she didn't need to bust her hump schilling muffins or anything else because she had a husband with money and a nanny to do the grunt work.  She insisted on being called Mrs. De Lesseps and would NEVER drink out of a bottle.  She had great hair and an enviable wardrobe. I think she got a little jolt out of tormenting Bethenny back then because she was up here and Beth was down there.  To make matters worse, she made the poor little match girl pay for the surfing lessons.

I think what Beth is now doing is turning the tables.  She likes tormenting Lu because she feels Lu tormented her.  I'm entertained.  If any of them thought they would get out of doing reality tv unscathed, they're bigger jackasses than previously thought.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I still think Beth would have gone after Lu.  Beth said, (many moons ago) to Lu: "I don't like you, I don't trust you, I think you're a snake."  She's always thought that, and she always will.  Carole or no Carole.  Carole is just the latest conduit for Beth to go BSC. 

Even if it appeared that Beth and Lu had repaired their relationship to some extent since the snake comment, Bethenny has proven - time and time again - that she doesn't forget.  I think if Lu and Carole had gotten to be friends again, Beth would've gone even crazier on Lu.  Ya don't try to take anything away from Beth. 

On the other hand, I believe Lu knows just how to push Beth's buttons by being gloaty and obnoxious as evidenced at Doris' Christmas party.  These two will never like each other, for reasons not completely unbeknownst to us, but I suspect because sometimes certain people just rub you the wrong way.  Oil and water and all that.

Yeah, it's all about GRUDGES with asshole Bethenny.  GRUDGES, GRUDGES, GRUDGES -- that she holds onto forever & never lets go of.  I can't imagine being this way.  I mean, seriously, Bethenny, isn't it so fucking exhausting to be this bitter & angry ALL the time?  Is this shitty attitude just for a storyline for the show?  Cuz I don't think it is.  She is this much of an asshole.  My point is -- doesn't she ever get tired of being such an asshole?  

Jeez Louise, surprise us, Bethenny, and just once, for cryin' out loud, be a decent human being, for fuck's sake.  Either she thinks that's all we want to see her be -- and she & Satan Andy assume that's what we find entertaining, or she really is the biggest female asshole on the planet.  I think it's both -- given the fact this ep got the highest ratings of the season AND Bethenny is the biggest female asshole on the planet.

Shit, there are so many people here I have zero sympathy for.  Sonja is a pathetic mess.  OK, she is what she is, & she thankfully provides some comic relief for us from the hellish onslaught we've been getting this season of Bethenny's hatred & vitriol.  So I'm glad she's around, but I don't feel ANY sympathy for her -- and I never will.  For an ex-restaurant hostess,  she's done pretty fuckin' well for herself.  Do I have sympathy for Lu or Tom?  Hell no.  They both agreed to be on this show, so whatever shit Bethenny throws at 'em, they're being paid to take it.  I don't give a fuck.

The only one I am feeling some sympathy for is Jules.  I'm still trying to figure out why in the world she agreed to be on here.  Could she be so stupid & clueless?  My sympathy mostly regards the kids.  When she was pointing out Michael's abandonment of the kids -- ugh, that was awful.  Idk, did Jules purposely choose to come on the show so she could dig at Michael?  To do this so publicly is really icky.  Sure, that's what an angry, bitter asshole like Bethenny would do, but is that who Jules is?  Have no idea.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Heck, many, many viewers never even read any of the HW blogs or tabloid/press reports about them let alone their tweets. There are even some ))gasp(( that still believe what we see is all there is to see, that nothing is edited out and everything happens organically between these women. LOL

I was a big defender of Carole's and Heather's last season and I hated what Luann did to Carole but there comes a time when one has to move on. Carole has done that and, IMO, what Bethenny is doing to Luann has nothing to do with Carole at all. It is nothing more than a convenient excuse for her, Bethenny, to use to wash away her nasty OTT behavior.

• Love 4

I'm kinda thinkin' Bethenny thinks she's Toto pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz -- when it comes to ANYTHING now dealing with Lu -- and maybe anyone else who is NOT up her asshole.  Altho, not necessarily.  Notice, she still zings Carole, Moaner & Dorinda.  Sure, she's laid off hammering away at John, but who knows how long that will last?  No, I wouldn't be so smug Carole.  Cuz eventually the Bethenny monster will point her death rays right at ya, hun.  It's only a matter of time, Carole.  And the Bethenny monster will be far, far, far more vicious than the one-legged Veevs could EVER be.  And yeah, it's only a matter of time before she goes after Moaner again too.

OK, so Bethenny is the resident truth-teller, eh?  So it's her duty to pass judgement on the relationships of everyone on the show, eh?  And it's on her to pass judgement on every behavior of everyone on the show -- no matter how private & personal, eh?  That's fine & dandy.  But why not hold up a mirror to this truth-telling crap right back at her?  How about that, monster Bethenny?  I'd much rather know what the fuck is really going on with your life now, Bethenny.  I don't really give a fuck about baldie Tom's sex life, or if he's screwed every woman, man, pet or pest in Manhattan.  Lu wants to be with him & if she wants to lie about the openness of their relationship, that's her business & nobody else's & and that should be that.  Why even pursue any of this?  To show up the ridiculous & endless hypocrisy of Lu?  OK, OK, we get it.  How many more times do you have to do the same shit to Lu, Bethenny?  Eh, enough.  At this point it's just repetitive & says more about Bethenny's anger & bitterness & her being a relentless asshole.

I'm reminded of (God, it seems like eons ago) when Moaner was making nasty comments about the Count in front of Victoria & then later apologized.  Sure, Moaner said on cam more than a few times how the Count & Lu had an open marriage & they were "cheating on each other like crazy".  But the one & only time she ever truly apologized (and surprise, surprise, it wasn't a Moaner apology, but a real & actual apology) was when children were present.  So I'm wondering if Bethenny feels it's OK to roast & toast Lu about her marriage & her sex life & her relationship because her children are now adults?  Um, but whether they're adults or kids, it's still pretty ugly to watch your parents being ripped apart on national TV, ain't it?  But I guess ole asshole Bethenny doesn't bother to think about stuff like that, does she?  She's used to ripping apart parents on national TV.  Guess she thinks it's awesome to do that.  What an asshole.

• Love 8

EVERYTHING? The entire cast? What means the "entire cast"? Anyone bringing Ramona, Sonja, Dorinda or Jules into that? As much as folks talk about others exaggerating Tom and his foibles, saying that EVERYTHING and "spans across an entire cast" seems like a quite a leap. As far as I can see, only a few things that have to do with some of the dynamics between Carole and Lu, and to some extent Beth (because she specifically noted the stuff with Lu going after Carole last  in her rant). When Beth was going after Lu, quite a bit of the content came back around to her behavior in light of the things she had accused Carole of.

Put it this way, if Lu had never gone after Carole like a crazy lunatic last season, and Lu and Carole would have gone on to be fast friends as they were before, do you think that Beth would have gone after Lu in the same manner? If Lu hadn't called Carole those names (including pedophile), do you think that Beth would have had the same level of anger at Lu? I don't, therefore I think they are in some way connected.

I don't think that is a staggering leap, or saying that everything has something to do with that. I don't think any of the stuff about Sonja and Ramona's feeling about Tom and Lu have anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Dorinda is the biggest shit stirrer on the planet has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Jules has an ED has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that Ramona is a terrible dancer has anything to do with that. I don't think the fact that John is a huge d-bag has anything to do with that. See, not everything. I only think that the things that have something to do with each other are the things that might actually have something to do with each other. 

I think this even being considered a rationale is the part that has me disgusted with the schoolyard antics. Yes, it's pretty obvious they resort to schoolyard antics and those very antics are what causes me to be completely revolted by their behavior.

I think the Adam/Lu/Carole is a weak reference. One that can only go so far in the "nah, nah, nuh, nah, nah" defense. My opinion is that if that is what is spurring Beth on, which I know some of it revolves around that, then its stupid, childish and quite frankly the whole twitter war defense is way passed it's expiration date. Tired of that old and tired fight being something of substance that makes the public flogging of Lu enjoyable.

1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

About the 'feud' between Lu and everyone else??

Let's put it into perspective.

The group hate towards Luann works is funny because I see it like this?

Remember that one person in your group that was ALWAYS prim, proper, dressed nicely and folded her clothes before they went into the locker. Her underwear always matched. She always carried herself with her chin up, never panicked and always was the first person you saw in a group?

Lu is the kind of person that laughs with you when you flip your drink into your lap, not at you?

Beth can't say she hates Lu because Lu is more polished, worldly and knows how to comport herself (I wonder what things people have driven Lu to do?) - that would expose her jealousy, so she has to take a different tack.

Lu isn't any different than the other ladies other than the fact that she comes off as more polished  and her underwear probably matches?

God I love this so much! You pretty much listed the bulk of what has the other womens unmatching underwear in a knot.. LOL..

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

It's not what she's done to Bethenny, it's what Luanne unleashed upon the general public

confused048.gif

• Love 8

I don't think for one second that Bethenny was or is jealous of LuAnn. I think LuAnn thinks LuAnn is way more fabulous than she is, and she's super fucking obnoxious about it. People like Lu think other women can't stand them because they are so 'fabulous' or so 'fierce' or whatever......ummmmm, no honey, it's because you're fucking obnoxiously full of yourself.  LuAnn is not that fabulous.....but she squirts, so she's got that going for her.....and a cheating fiancé. Oh, and her music career!! And her Charlie's Angel's hair and 90's fashion sense. 

But she does NOT drink beer from a bottle.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's not what she's done to Bethenny, it's what Luanne unleashed upon the general public

confused048.gif

On re-watch, I find that performance as weirdly uncomfortable and try-too-hard as it was when it debuted. Victoria looks stoned (maybe that's how she got through it.) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I think this even being considered a rationale is the part that has me disgusted with the schoolyard antics. Yes, it's pretty obvious they resort to schoolyard antics and those very antics are what causes me to be completely revolted by their behavior.

I think the Adam/Lu/Carole is a weak reference. One that can only go so far in the "nah, nah, nuh, nah, nah" defense. My opinion is that if that is what is spurring Beth on, which I know some of it revolves around that, then its stupid, childish and quite frankly the whole twitter war defense is way passed it's expiration date. Tired of that old and tired fight being something of substance that makes the public flogging of Lu enjoyable.

God I love this so much! You pretty much listed the bulk of what has the other womens unmatching underwear in a knot.. LOL..

To take it one step further?

Not only does that bitch have underwear that matches, It's 5 times more expensive than what most of us have on?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I don't think for one second that Bethenny was or is jealous of LuAnn. I think LuAnn thinks LuAnn is way more fabulous than she is, and she's super fucking obnoxious about it. People like Lu think other women can't stand them because they are so 'fabulous' or so 'fierce' or whatever......ummmmm, no honey, it's because you're fucking obnoxiously full of yourself.  LuAnn is not that fabulous.....but she squirts, so she's got that going for her.....and a cheating fiancé. Oh, and her music career!! And her Charlie's Angel's hair and 90's fashion sense. 

But she does NOT drink beer from a bottle.

Bethenny isn't jealous of Luann or any other HW, she really believes they are all jealous of her. She, Bethenny, needs to take a long, hard, honest look in the mirror, no one wants to be a hard, cold, vulgar middle age woman, no matter how much money comes with being like Bethenny.

I do think Luann likes who she is for the most part, that she doesn't look back and pout about the "what could haves" and instead moves forward as much as possible. Bethenny does that in business but can't or will not with the rest of her life, she is stuck in a bitter, nasty, dark hole that she refuses to leave because she "knows it all". LOL

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

To take it one step further?

Not only does that bitch have underwear that matches, It's 5 times more expensive than what most of us have on?

If anyone on RHONY wears matching underwear, it's Ramona. She's made for matching bra and panty sets (or brassiere and underpants in Ramona speak). She probably buys them at "the department store".

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

confused048.gif

the Countess is to ballads like Erica Joon is to patting the puss?

Actually? they have it backwards. Lu should be decked out in the cat suit, crooning about ZFs?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny isn't jealous of Luann or any other HW, she really believes they are all jealous of her. She, Bethenny, needs to take a long, hard, honest look in the mirror, no one wants to be a hard, cold, vulgar middle age woman, no matter how much money comes with being like Bethenny.

I do think Luann likes who she is for the most part, that she doesn't look back and pout about the "what could haves" and instead moves forward as much as possible. Bethenny does that in business but can't or will not with the rest of her life, she is stuck in a bitter, nasty, dark hole that she refuses to leave because she "knows it all". LOL

I do think some of the other women are jealous of Bethenny's financial independence. She's the one with the money and she's not dependent on landing a rich man to fund her lifestyle. They may not like her as a person, but I think the some of the other ladies, especially Sonja and LuAnn, are envious of that $$$.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 10