Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Body Of Evidence

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Both the Sushi Roxx excursion and the cocktail party following the dry cleaning party were LuAnn events. This season has been super weird about hosted events, especially ones at restaurants. Some of them, if you didn't catch who was hosting at the outset of the event, you would be hard pressed to figure out who was the host. Who was the hostess of the pizza making event? 

I am thinking it was Dorinda only because she made some off air comment about knowing the owner for years.  Who hosted the Joann's event-Dorinda?  I can't tell anymore and I think it has come down to-filming today at XYZ-production will contact desired participants.  I have a feeling if Jules had not come there would have been no scenes of the pizza event.  Ramona did her drive-thru appearance.

The last lunch sure seemed to feel that way with Ramona sizing up who was at the lunch and then leaving in mid-meal.  I assume because Bethenny and Carole weren't there she was not interested in filming with the rest or there was nothing going down that would cause her to report back to base camp.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

The biggest clue that Luann needs money is her behavior BT and AT (before and after Tom). 

Before Tom she very much sucked up to Bethenny, to the point I was embarrassed for her.

After Tom, Luann regained her sense of independence and planned events that didn't revolve around Bs approval or participation.

Luann definitely acts like someone whose alimony ran out and her RHONY salary isn't enough for her to live as wealthy as she wants.  She went from confident, graceful lady to a desperate bull in a China shop to me.   

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Luann definitely acts like someone whose alimony ran out and her RHONY salary isn't enough for her to live as wealthy as she wants.  She went from confident, graceful lady to a desperate bull in a China shop to me.   

IMO, she became frantic when she saw that Bethenny was freezing out Sonja because she feared Bethenny would do the same to her (which she did try to do). Like it or not, Bethenny does have that much power, the majority of the women will do as she wants because they all want to keep their jobs, even Dorinda reportedly who has as much money as Bethenny if not more. Luann was fighting for camera time. LOL

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I really have to say I can't see anyone volunteerily living in an unheated winter environment.  I've got some really poor relatives who wouldn't tolerate those conditions.   I don't understand the show forcing Luann to live in a house with pets poorly lacking in bladder/bowel control, a house with previous if not current problems with heated water, limited working toilets, a number of live in "interns", and an unheated apartment that makes a Motel 6 look luxurious.  The Countess would turn her nose up at those accommodations unless she had no other choice.  And, IMO, it was those poor accommodations that led to her soul mate.   Can you believe it?  She's getting married!

And even if her bunking with Sonja was a show created SL, Lu wouldn't be doing so if she had a home in Manhattan.  And if it was required that Lu live there, why was she gone most of the time?  She was gone because she found someone else to free load off of.  I'm wondering if Tom's HOA prevents filming in his penthouse with a balcony.   We know Lu would be showing it if she could. 

I think the word "forced" is too strong of a word for them living together. I think production suggested it so that Luann/Sonja could get caught up on camera time and them living together made it easier for production to do it. This way, production didn't need to arrange some public restaurant/space to film them. Having them living together was more convenient for Luann/Sonja and production, as well as more cost effective. LOL 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I didn't see it as a money issue for Luann but more of a lonely issue for Luann.  She has said she likes being in a relationship, complained of having a dry spell and it left her heart open to finding love.  Luann from her special talks of meager beginnings and said something interesting about "going to the sale rack".  I get the impression she is not going to spend an extra $100,000.00 - $200,000.00 a year on a place in NYC when she has a lovely home in Sag Harbor and can limit her stays in NYC (before Tom) to hotel stays.  I am sure she gets the Bravo rate at the Gansevoort Hotel, where all the visiting Bravo celebs stay when they are in town.   I just think it is in her blood to stretch the dollar.  Back when she was married to the Count she was doing ads for JC Penney's on line.  I think all of Season 3 she wore the same damn boots.  They show more of it with Sonja and the budget saving, I get the impression it is deeply ingrained in her and probably looks at life as she has 40 more years on the planet so save.

I do think she is either inspirational ala Charlotte York on Sex and the City really wanting to find love or is really tired of attending events with the latest model/walker.  She just seems happier in a relationship.  Since Bethenny said she was desperate, I am going to use the word determined.  I also think the holidays have a profound effect on a budding romance.  Luann has a lot to offer a nice home, two beautiful grown children and a large extended family.  It makes for a happy holiday feeling.

Spoiler

Luann moves into a hotel after learning the news of Tom cheating.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, she became frantic when she saw that Bethenny was freezing out Sonja because she feared Bethenny would do the same to her (which she did try to do). Like it or not, Bethenny does have that much power, the majority of the women will do as she wants because they all want to keep their jobs, even Dorinda reportedly who has as much money as Bethenny if not more. Luann was fighting for camera time. LOL

I feel like LuAnn started this season pretty desperate. She was frantically apologizing to Bethenny at Ramona's birthday party about trying to get invited to the RHoBH filming. LuAnn knows Rinna, but still couldn't get a scene. LuAnn thirstily hit up Bethenny to get invited to her Hamptons al fresco dinner and Bethenny wasn't having it. It looks like both LuAnn and Dorinda were in attendance at LVdP's magazine cover party in the Hamptons, but all of their film ended up on the cutting room floor.

I think LuAnn was a little bit afraid that she could end up side lined and marginalized. She didn't have anything new going on relationship or business wise. She spent the back half of the previous season alienating Heather and Carole, which was a terrible idea in hindsight because Heather had been the one person who made the cast keep up with each other and hang out in the off season. Heather's absence pushed Carole closer to Bethenny. Bethenny has a tremendous amount of editorial power and has only ever tolerated LuAnn. LuAnn shit the bed last season and I think some of her manic craziness at the beginning of this season was because of her dawning realization of how badly she fucked herself. Think about how differently this show would be had the women kept Bethenny at arms length last season. And it's not like they aren't capable of doing it because they are all basically ignoring Jules this season.

• Love 9
On 8/10/2016 at 5:47 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'm kinda thinkin' Bethenny thinks she's Toto pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz -- when it comes to ANYTHING now dealing with Lu -- and maybe anyone else who is NOT up her asshole.  Altho, not necessarily.  Notice, she still zings Carole, Moaner & Dorinda.  Sure, she's laid off hammering away at John, but who knows how long that will last?  No, I wouldn't be so smug Carole.  Cuz eventually the Bethenny monster will point her death rays right at ya, hun.  It's only a matter of time, Carole.  And the Bethenny monster will be far, far, far more vicious than the one-legged Veevs could EVER be.  And yeah, it's only a matter of time before she goes after Moaner again too.

OK, so Bethenny is the resident truth-teller, eh?  So it's her duty to pass judgement on the relationships of everyone on the show, eh?  And it's on her to pass judgement on every behavior of everyone on the show -- no matter how private & personal, eh?  That's fine & dandy.  But why not hold up a mirror to this truth-telling crap right back at her?  How about that, monster Bethenny?  I'd much rather know what the fuck is really going on with your life now, Bethenny.  I don't really give a fuck about baldie Tom's sex life, or if he's screwed every woman, man, pet or pest in Manhattan.  Lu wants to be with him & if she wants to lie about the openness of their relationship, that's her business & nobody else's & and that should be that.  Why even pursue any of this?  To show up the ridiculous & endless hypocrisy of Lu?  OK, OK, we get it.  How many more times do you have to do the same shit to Lu, Bethenny?  Eh, enough.  At this point it's just repetitive & says more about Bethenny's anger & bitterness & her being a relentless asshole.

I'm reminded of (God, it seems like eons ago) when Moaner was making nasty comments about the Count in front of Victoria & then later apologized.  Sure, Moaner said on cam more than a few times how the Count & Lu had an open marriage & they were "cheating on each other like crazy".  But the one & only time she ever truly apologized (and surprise, surprise, it wasn't a Moaner apology, but a real & actual apology) was when children were present.  So I'm wondering if Bethenny feels it's OK to roast & toast Lu about her marriage & her sex life & her relationship because her children are now adults?  Um, but whether they're adults or kids, it's still pretty ugly to watch your parents being ripped apart on national TV, ain't it?  But I guess ole asshole Bethenny doesn't bother to think about stuff like that, does she?  She's used to ripping apart parents on national TV.  Guess she thinks it's awesome to do that.  What an asshole.

THIS!!!

I mean the repetitiveness is just something completely baffling to me. And it's all based on very old grievances that weren't even for all that to begin with anyway. Pulling back the curtain is usually a one time thing. Once it's done, then it's done. It's out there so it's kinda ridiculous to continue pulling on a thread from an already and completely unraveled sweater. It's like dude, the sweater is a pile of thread on the floor at this point you're  just re-positioning the string.

• Love 7
On 8/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, shoegal said:

I don't think for one second that Bethenny was or is jealous of LuAnn. I think LuAnn thinks LuAnn is way more fabulous than she is, and she's super fucking obnoxious about it. People like Lu think other women can't stand them because they are so 'fabulous' or so 'fierce' or whatever......ummmmm, no honey, it's because you're fucking obnoxiously full of yourself.  LuAnn is not that fabulous.....but she squirts, so she's got that going for her.....and a cheating fiancé. Oh, and her music career!! And her Charlie's Angel's hair and 90's fashion sense. 

But she does NOT drink beer from a bottle.

But it tends to be true. And I for one think Lu is absolutely fabulous. I really hate how monitored women are expected to be and to be confident but not so confident. Self appreciative but not too self appreciative etc. etc. etc. Look I been hating on women that are all about a million selfies and tits and ass shots cause I think it's ridiculous to be that OD about it and I think to shows a lack of self respect when you objectify yourself to that degree but as justified as most would think it is to be annoyed at someone like that doesn't mean I can go out of my way to be a damaging force in that persons life.

Full of oneself? According to what chart? What is the appropriate amount of self appreciation???? That's the problem. No one else should be allowed to decide how much you are allowed to appreciate yourself. I get the obnoxiousness of it and understand that certain people have lower thresholds of tolerance when it comes to things of this nature but at the end of the day if her image of herself doesn't affect anyone's livelihood, or family health or things of that important nature then there is no reason to be a bully about it. THAT'S what's really obnoxious if you ask me. Deciding that you're going to let someone's "arrogance" or "conceit" drive you on a mission to destroy them. I mean let's face it it's absolutely psychotic to let something like that be such a force in your actions towards a person who what..... "hair flips and struts away from you as if you pose no true significance in their life or happiness?" At the very worse you call her a bitch and keep it moving. Our Beth has called her way worse and all in one sentence so I would think that battle has been had and should have been put to sleep. Instead it somehow because some legitimate bone that gives Beth's evil and ugly some merit?

Again, I truly think Lu is fabulous and I could hang with her any day and let me tell you this she wouldn't be walking into any restaurant ahead of me for some grand entrance. We'd be looking at each other before entering and agreeing that we are going to do this and complement EACH OTHERS fabulous with a high five and "Bloop, Bloop" just saying.  If Lu's style truly wasn't the others cup of tea then they would giggle, laugh and roll their with any insecurities in tact. Instead these women have grievances and tries to poke holes in Lu's this that or the other trying to make her polarizing charisma some illusion and why? Cause 1: If you aren't worried about not being on Lu's level cause you don't think she's any better than there's no need to pull back any curtain. 2: If her world of darling, penthouses, social scenes and who you know then why care about it? The only way it would be annoying is if she IS succeeding in affecting how you feel about yourself. And if that's the case the problem isn't Lu the problem is a lack of self confidence.  To much is put on Lu when in reality it should be about how the women react to Lu cause when all is said and done Lu isn't deliberately targeting ANYONE just for the sake of being malicious. She on the other hand get all this nasty bullshit based on the fake that Lu acts too fabulous? Thinks too much of herself? Is confident and appreciative of herself?

Wow, in a world where we get so pissed when we see celebrities getting body shamed, or gender shamed and it's all about people being able to love themselves that is unless you are a tall, leggy beautiful women who obviously loves what she sees in the mirror and rightly so. I think it's sad that we advocate loving yourself but then there are conditions and contingencies, limits and levels of how much. I say as long as you're not plotting the murder of a cheerleader so your daughter can take first place in some competition you should be free to strut down fifth avenue, snapping your fingers, spouting YAAAAASSSSSS all day long and nobody should have anything to say about it.

We'd be applauding like crazy if it was an overweight girl or a gay teenage boy who is embracing his sexuality or a cross dressing married man father of 4 but Lu DeLesseps?  Nah, not you honey.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Wow, in a world where we get so pissed when we see celebrities getting body shamed, or gender shamed and it's all about people being able to love themselves that is unless you are a tall, leggy beautiful women who obviously loves what she sees in the mirror and rightly so. I think it's sad that we advocate loving yourself but then there are conditions and contingencies, limits and levels of how much. I say as long as you're not plotting the murder of a cheerleader so your daughter can take first place in some competition you should be free to strut down fifth avenue, snapping your fingers, spouting YAAAAASSSSSS all day long and nobody should have anything to say about it.

We'd be applauding like crazy if it was an overweight girl or a gay teenage boy who is embracing his sexuality or a cross dressing married man father of 4 but Lu DeLesseps?  Nah, not you honey.

There is a certain air of desperation that comes with the need to shout it from the roof tops.  If you are that damn fabulous, people will notice, there is no need to shove it down their throats.  It's obnoxious as hell, as LuAnn is demonstrating with her constant "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!" Is LuAnn wrong for being happy and excited?  No.  Is she fucking obnoxious about it?  Yes (imo).  It's one thing to love yourself and have confidence.  It's another thing to be an obnoxious braggart who is so full of him/herself that no one wants to be around you.  How do you know you've crossed the line?  The key is the whole 'no one wants to be around you' part.  Is LuAnn there yet?  She's definitely flirting with the territory. The other ladies seem to like LuAnn (or even better, Lu), seems they don't want to be around "The Countess" as much.  We'll see how long they tolerate LuAnn shoving their ring in their face and screaming "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!".  Now its' rumored she has THREE dress changes for the wedding?  Ay ya ya.  Countess Bridezilla, here we come!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I feel like LuAnn started this season pretty desperate. She was frantically apologizing to Bethenny at Ramona's birthday party about trying to get invited to the RHoBH filming. LuAnn knows Rinna, but still couldn't get a scene. LuAnn thirstily hit up Bethenny to get invited to her Hamptons al fresco dinner and Bethenny wasn't having it. It looks like both LuAnn and Dorinda were in attendance at LVdP's magazine cover party in the Hamptons, but all of their film ended up on the cutting room floor.

I think LuAnn was a little bit afraid that she could end up side lined and marginalized. She didn't have anything new going on relationship or business wise. She spent the back half of the previous season alienating Heather and Carole, which was a terrible idea in hindsight because Heather had been the one person who made the cast keep up with each other and hang out in the off season. Heather's absence pushed Carole closer to Bethenny. Bethenny has a tremendous amount of editorial power and has only ever tolerated LuAnn. LuAnn shit the bed last season and I think some of her manic craziness at the beginning of this season was because of her dawning realization of how badly she fucked herself. Think about how differently this show would be had the women kept Bethenny at arms length last season. And it's not like they aren't capable of doing it because they are all basically ignoring Jules this season.

I agree, she was desperate to film/be on camera but I don't think she is as desperate for her HW paycheck as are Sonja, Ramona and Carole. Luann and Bethenny know each other well enough to know what buttons to push with the other and I believe that Luann knew that Bethenny was trying to freeze her/Sonja out right away, especially Sonja.  

I also agree, had Luann not alienated Heather and Carole, things would be different this season all the way around. Heather was the only HW that ever really made an effort with all the other HWs off season and off camera. There is such a difference this season between all of them and it is not a good difference, it is a true disconnect that runs through the group as a whole and makes the show less honest/real in the end.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!!!

I mean the repetitiveness is just something completely baffling to me. And it's all based on very old grievances that weren't even for all that to begin with anyway. Pulling back the curtain is usually a one time thing. Once it's done, then it's done. It's out there so it's kinda ridiculous to continue pulling on a thread from an already and completely unraveled sweater. It's like dude, the sweater is a pile of thread on the floor at this point you're  just re-positioning the string.

This is where Bethenny fails, each and every time, she has to destroy whomever it is that she is upset with. Not just punish them but completely destroy them, she just can't let go to save herself or her brand.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, shoegal said:

There is a certain air of desperation that comes with the need to shout it from the roof tops.  If you are that damn fabulous, people will notice, there is no need to shove it down their throats.  It's obnoxious as hell, as LuAnn is demonstrating with her constant "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!" Is LuAnn wrong for being happy and excited?  No.  Is she fucking obnoxious about it?  Yes (imo).  It's one thing to love yourself and have confidence.  It's another thing to be an obnoxious braggart who is so full of him/herself that no one wants to be around you.  How do you know you've crossed the line?  The key is the whole 'no one wants to be around you' part.  Is LuAnn there yet?  She's definitely flirting with the territory.  People like LuAnn, seems they don't want to be around "The Countess" as much.  We'll see how long they tolerate LuAnn shoving their ring in their face and screaming "I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!".  Now its' rumored she has THREE dress changes for the wedding?  Ay ya ya.  Countess Bridezilla, here we come!

I guess the same could be said for having a 13 episode show about getting married, and titling in such a way after the marriage to create doubt if the marriage happened.  So it is all relative when it comes to getting married.  The same could be said for having ceremonies for televised vow renewals.  Why?  I think Luann uses the, "I am getting married" as a defense mechanism.  Although she seemed to bounce back, I think she was deeply hurt and humiliated by Bethenny's cruelty in the Berkshires.  Sounded to me like she wanted to close the book on the past and move forward.  Since there is nothing one can do about their past and no one is owed a blow by blow description of another's past, it just seems like a simplistic way to move forward with her life.

I believe Luann handled things all wrong with Ramona-not that she had the chance to have a conversation but when Ramona was going on about Luann asking permission to date Tom or give her the head's up she should have said, "why and what possible difference does it make to you if I date someone you were "dating" when you had a serious boyfriend?"  The same with Sonja after her outburst with the "friends with benefits" proclamation.  Sit her down and ask why she would possibly object to Tom dating her or anyone else she knows.  If Sonja's fear was that she would lose Tom and Luann as friends then together or just Luann could assure her they had no intention of dumping her as a friend.  Obviously and for Sonja it would have to be spelled out, no more "friends with benefits" encounters or references, or flirting with Tom.

Because so much of this is for the show I do believe the most circuitous routes to pretty basic conversations are taken.  Other than Bethenny's fibroids I can't think of a solid storyline these women have.  Ramona has nothing and we have all seen enough of her dancing by herself and talk of her "dating and skating".  Dorinda has John and they seemed fairly stalled in their relationship, Carole has the book she is not going to write and a three day kitten story,  Sonja is just lost most of the time and efforts to dislodge her from the past have failed, no one seems vested in Jules who might have had a storyline and actually looked like she was having a good time at Luann's engagement party.

As to the dresses, I get having a dress for the wedding and one for the reception, especially if you have a church wedding, this new three dresses for the brides are vesting in is odd.  I guess Luann's excuse is church wedding, reception and Tom's birthday and then onward and upward to a New Year's Eve celebration.   I am not a destination wedding fan that requires your guests give up three days to celebrate your wedding.  I guess because these two are a half century old and it is the first real wedding they are going all out.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Plot someone's demise?  I dunno, seems kinda par for the course for the Housewives.  Bethenny finds LuAnn obnoxious, or IOW, she doesn't like her, doesn't trust her and thinks she's a snake.  LuAnn hasn't exactly been loving and supportive of Bethenny through the years.  Am I supposed to expect that Bethenny is going to get evidence of LuAnn's man cheating *during the filming of the "engagement party"* and NOT bring this up on camera??  This is the Real Housewives!!  SMH

#seriously

It can't be denied that the level of energy placed on targeting Lu with the intent to really hurt her and I don't mean just cat fight, like really and truly hurt her has been a thing with these women for seasons. Just pointing out how ridiculous, nasty and despicable that sort of behavior and that way of thinking, justifying and condoning truly is.  And for such ridiculous reasons too. That's all I'm saying.

It's all about #adulting for me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

It can't be denied that the level of energy placed on targeting Lu with the intent to really hurt her and I don't mean just cat fight, like really and truly hurt her has been a thing with these women for seasons. Just pointing out how ridiculous, nasty and despicable that sort of behavior and that way of thinking, justifying and condoning truly is.  And for such ridiculous reasons too. That's all I'm saying.

It's all about #adulting for me.

I dunno, it seems like with the Real Housewives, people get really really invested in hating on each other....I mean, think of all the energy spent here.  I don't really look to the real housewives for examples of "adulting".  Seems a bit misplaced to me. MMV

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I dunno, it seems like with the Real Housewives, people get really really invested in hating on each other....I mean, think of all the energy spent here.  I don't really look to the real housewives for examples of "adulting".  Seems a bit misplaced to me. MMV

I'm not looking to them as life guides. They are real people who's behavior I express opinions about. They are not fictional characters.  I'm not outraged that Al Bundy spends all of his time on his couch with his hands thrust down his pants or that he and Peggy neglect their children to the levels of child abuse. LOL.

They are real people on a semi scripted like show but they still are regular old folk who tweet during the episodes and who have opinions and judgements and act out.  I personally enjoy sharing just how horrible I believe Beth's actions are as well as Carole's. I comment on what's shown and I share my complete disgust with seeing how terrible people can actually be. I'm not going to shrug their off nastiness with the "These are only TV Personalities" get out jail free card. The Bundy's they are not so no can't do it.  They are in fact adults. With regular lives, families and jobs so I'm sorry to expect human beings to oh I don't know act humane...

#adultingforthewin

;-)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm not looking to them as life guides. They are real people who's behavior I express opinions about. They are characters. They are real people on a semi scripted like show but they still are regular old folk who tweet during the episodes and who have opinions and judgements and act out.  I personally enjoy sharing just how horrible I believe Beth's actions are as well as Carole's. I comment on what's shown and I share my complete disgust with seeing how terrible people can actually be. I'm not going to shrug their nastiness with the "These are only TV Personalities" get out jail free card.   They are in fact adults. With regular lives, families and jobs so I'm sorry to expect human beings to oh I don't know act humane...

#adultingforthewin

;-)

Perhaps Bethenny and the other ladies just enjoy sharing how horrible they find LuAnn's actions to be....LuAnn is not perfect after all.  Even if she is GETTING MARRIED!!!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

Ramona doesn't give two shits about LuAnn being with Tom. Ramona has been about as kind and supportive of this relationship as Ramona is capable of being. When she had LuAnn over to try out the extensions, Ramona didn't go into her whole #girlcode nonsense. Ramona dropped the info about Tom buying his ex a gift. LuAnn got mad. Avery chided Ramona. Ramona dropped the entire thing. We know when Ramona wants to make an issue of something, she won't let up. I think Ramona is still a little pissed about the shit gift LuAnn gave her for her birthday and she, like everyone else last season, learned that The B is on top. Don't mess with The B. Now that Bethenny has weighed in that she thinks LuAnn's engagement to Tom is weird, Ramona pulls out her big gun--Sonja. Ramona has been riling Sonja up, talking about the 10 years, making it seem more profound than it was. It's actually a good thing that Sonja isn't drinking this season because she would be a disastebacle with booze in her.

LuAnn and her three dresses and a veil are ridiculous. She's over 50. It's her second marriage. A veil?!? What modesty is she hiding. She has two kids and we've seen at least 5 dudes that she's banged. Let's stop acting like she's some quivering naif behind the veil. One of the best thing about an older bride is that they often don't feel like they have to adhere to tradition. Solange's caped wedding gown and jumpsuit were fabulous. Cynthia Bailey's silver evening gown was amazing. LuAnn is an attractive woman, but as she's aged she's become more handsome. When I see her talking about wedding dresses and veils, I get concerned that she's going to try to pull off flowers, lace, and ruffles. She looks best in clean lined minimalist clothing. Maybe Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, Christian Siriano, Brandon Maxwell (Lady Gaga's stylist), Versace (not minimalist, but they tend to be pretty body con and that also suits LuAnn), and I think Stella McCartney is a horror show, but she always seems to have one or two lovely minimalist dresses every season. Even though it's so synonymous with the Kardashians, I think LuAnn could pull off Balmain. There is probably a Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy that LuAnn might rock, but LuAnn would never wear it because she doesn't do weird.This is an opportunity for LuAnn to be creative and for her to stop wearing those schmattas from her collection. She's terrible advertising for her clothes because they look horrible on her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

Perhaps Bethenny and the other ladies just enjoy sharing how horrible they find LuAnn's actions to be....LuAnn is not perfect after all.  Even if she is GETTING MARRIED!!!

That is the problem with ad hominem attacks the point gets lost in the vitriol.  Because of the way Bethenny presented her dissatisfaction with Luann, Luann kind of solved the problem with saying, you can bring your boyfriends out into the light again I am off the market.  Had she just stuck with something factual instead of Ramona laced gossip it would have been one thing but the personal attacks instead of the substance made for an easy fix for Luann.  If what Bethenny was angry about was the way Luann treated Carole and Adam she should have just said it.   If she was angry about Luann bringing up Sonja being excluded she should have said why it upset her-not thrown in the Luann being there for the invention of  Skinnygirl Margaritas.  Just say, it was a major pain in the butt and took up several hours of unpleasant phone calls after Sonja announced Tipsy Girl Prosecco. 

Same with Bethenny being upset with the way Tom and Luann met-Luann is now able to say it was real.  It wasn't some one night stand.

Sometimes I think Bethenny is angrier Luann took the wind out of her sails when she essentially vanished after the holiday party.  Luann wasn't looking for any sort of Bethenny styled apology, she was just saying I am back in the game, and now this about me and "I am getting married".  In retrospect had Luann not gotten so beaten down maybe she would have slowed up a bit on Tom and the engagement.  I believe at that point in her life she really needed someone to say she was a good person and I think Tom had the right amount of lounge lizard repertoire to fill her immediate need.   Obviously Tom pulled the trigger too early if after being engaged for less than three weeks he was kissing another woman.  I am glad he got caught, I just wish the news had been delivered differently.

The thing is there is nothing Luann does that is correct in Bethenny's eyes.  If she wants Bethenny to be in her life, she is a pest.  if she wants to film with Bethenny she is wrong, if she apologizes to Carole it isn't soon enough and there was no follow up, if she dates she is whore, if she gets engaged she is annoying, if she does this she is being the Countess but when she is doing this see all the other things wrong with her.  Luann couldn't go to Mexico because she would be all Countessy and then it was she would act like a ho-bag.   I guess all Bethenny had left was to try and diminish Luann's happiness.

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ramona doesn't give two shits about LuAnn being with Tom. Ramona has been about as kind and supportive of this relationship as Ramona is capable of being. When she had LuAnn over to try out the extensions, Ramona didn't go into her whole #girlcode nonsense. Ramona dropped the info about Tom buying his ex a gift. LuAnn got mad. Avery chided Ramona. Ramona dropped the entire thing. We know when Ramona wants to make an issue of something, she won't let up. I think Ramona is still a little pissed about the shit gift LuAnn gave her for her birthday and she, like everyone else last season, learned that The B is on top. Don't mess with The B. Now that Bethenny has weighed in that she thinks LuAnn's engagement to Tom is weird, Ramona pulls out her big gun--Sonja. Ramona has been riling Sonja up, talking about the 10 years, making it seem more profound than it was. It's actually a good thing that Sonja isn't drinking this season because she would be a disastebacle with booze in her.

LuAnn and her three dresses and a veil are ridiculous. She's over 50. It's her second marriage. A veil?!? What modesty is she hiding. She has two kids and we've seen at least 5 dudes that she's banged. Let's stop acting like she's some quivering naif behind the veil. One of the best thing about an older bride is that they often don't feel like they have to adhere to tradition. Solange's caped wedding gown and jumpsuit were fabulous. Cynthia Bailey's silver evening gown was amazing. LuAnn is an attractive woman, but as she's aged she's become more handsome. When I see her talking about wedding dresses and veils, I get concerned that she's going to try to pull off flowers, lace, and ruffles. She looks best in clean lined minimalist clothing. Maybe Calvin Klein, Tom Ford, Christian Siriano, Brandon Maxwell (Lady Gaga's stylist), Versace (not minimalist, but they tend to be pretty body con and that also suits LuAnn), and I think Stella McCartney is a horror show, but she always seems to have one or two lovely minimalist dresses every season. Even though it's so synonymous with the Kardashians, I think LuAnn could pull off Balmain. There is probably a Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy that LuAnn might rock, but LuAnn would never wear it because she doesn't do weird.This is an opportunity for LuAnn to be creative and for her to stop wearing those schmattas from her collection. She's terrible advertising for her clothes because they look horrible on her.

The bolded has completely freaked me out because it made my mind move to her "collection", which is mostly horrendous. I hope she doesn't take this opportunity to create some type of a wedding collection, and wear one of her own frocks to her wedding. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda is lobbying for Luanne, Jules and Ramona for next season. To me it seems like she wants Carole and Sonja out.

I wonder if this blog was written after the reunion filmed.

She probably has words with both Sonja & Carole.

What I believe will happen..is Jules & Sonja out and if Heather's legal issues are resolved than Heather can be back in.

• Love 1

Uh, oh...Sonja out???  What exactly will she do?  She can't support herself (and the those ridiculous interns) with no income.  She has no business(es) despite all the bullshit about her "International Luxury Lifestye Brand".  And, quite frankly, who would want to marry such a self-involved tart.   Yikes.

• Love 4

My take on what Beth has against Lu is that the superiority complex Lu came in with years ago was the ringing of a bell that can't be unrung.  Even though the circumstances of life knocked her down and we saw fleeting signs of humility tangled up with desperation, in Beth's mind, once Lu's circumstances return(ed) to that which she found desirable, the ol' complex would be back in full effect.   She may have put it on the back burner while she groveled a bit to ensure that her spot on the show was safe, but as we've seen, she thoroughly enjoys advertising how great her life is to the world when the gettin' is good.

She is extremely annoying in my personal opinion, but there's something sad about her to me, and that keeps me from despising her.  I don't think she has a true superiority complex.  I actually believe that she doesn't have very great self-esteem, as evidenced by what I see as a strong need for external validation - specifically, through that of money and men.  

I believe that if she hadn't started out the way she did, trying to make sure that nobody forgot that "she had a title, dammit!", and "her husband was important, dammit!", Beth wouldn't have such a problem with her.  Maybe, once Bethenny got to know her, there wouldn't have been the tension that eventually developed into fierce competition, and things would look much different now.   However, Bethenny took it VERY personally that The Countess felt that she was better than the other women.  That meant that she felt she was better than Bethenny, who was working hard to make her way up the ladder of success at the time.  Bethenny was a little insecure about where she was in life compared to Lu, which fueled her perception, and it was on... 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

My take on what Beth has against Lu is that the superiority complex Lu came in with years ago was the ringing of a bell that can't be unrung.  Even though the circumstances of life knocked her down and we saw fleeting signs of humility tangled up with desperation, in Beth's mind, once Lu's circumstances return(ed) to that which she found desirable, the ol' complex would be back in full effect.   She may have put it on the back burner while she groveled a bit to ensure that her spot on the show was safe, but as we've seen, she thoroughly enjoys advertising how great her life is to the world when the gettin' is good.

She is extremely annoying in my personal opinion, but there's something sad about her to me, and that keeps me from despising her.  I don't think she has a true superiority complex.  I actually believe that she doesn't have very great self-esteem, as evidenced by what I see as a strong need for external validation - specifically, through that of money and men.  

I believe that if she hadn't started out the way she did, trying to make sure that nobody forgot that "she had a title, dammit!", and "her husband was important, dammit!", Beth wouldn't have such a problem with her.  Maybe, once Bethenny got to know her, there wouldn't have been the tension that eventually developed into fierce competition, and things would look much different now.   However, Bethenny took it VERY personally that The Countess felt that she was better than the other women.  That meant that she felt she was better than Bethenny, who was working hard to make her way up the ladder of success at the time.  Bethenny was a little insecure about where she was in life compared to Lu, which fueled her perception, and it was on... 

Luann was in a superior position when the show started by virtue of the fact she had significant television experience as a host and she had her own little local thing going.  The producers loved the idea of a Countess.  Long before the show, when Luann returned to the US she began her Countess branding with the "Countess Reports".  On Bethenny's world it is all about the branding and I think Luann is just as entitled to her Countess brand as Bethenny is Skinnygirl.

Bethenny's insecurities and jealousy should not define who others are.  The other woman on the show at the time all claimed to have great marriages.  Bethenny could not launch in that department.  Ramona was proud of Mario and his looks, tennis and business, Jill was proud of Bobby, his wealth, business and his devotion to her, Alex was proud of her closeness with Simon and their children, I don't think the Countess ever felt she was better than the others as much as she was living her life on her terms.  She had to deal with a husband who was gone a great deal of the time and perhaps was not as supportive of her new career as the other husbands. Luann never fought with anyone the first season, unlike Jill and Alex, Jill and Ramona-she steered clear.  To me, it seemed what Bethenny based her entire impression of Luann was the Mrs. de Lesseps' comment.  Perhaps Bethenny mistook Luann's unwillingness to engage in cat fights as an air of superiority.

I believe Bethenny and Luann are more alike than not.  They are both on the show off side of things and like being the center of attention, the major difference is Luann's personal success before she was a Countess came long ago and far away.  She worked to obtain the life and fame she wanted just like Bethenny-she just saw success earlier in life and that success led her to a marriage and children.  Luann has shown she wasn't just defined by her marriage she has shown she is able to thrive on her own both before the Count and after.   Luann was very supportive of Bethenny the first season and her career aspirations and I think all the women were rooting for Bethenny to realize her dream/goal to get married and have children with her then boyfriend Jason C..

Bethenny has surpassed even the Kardashians in brand bragging and fame accomplishments.  I have never seen anyone who reached her level of success who continually throws her success out there and uses it as a bludgeon.  Bethenny achieved success by playing off these women as the underdog and when her fortunes reversed and she was on top she still feels the need to go after some of them.  I can't decide if she enjoys seeing others suffer or she wants to see people demoted to the level she was when she began her journey with these women and them begging for crumbs.  Her defining moment of being a good person comes down to when armed with information, and information can be the most powerful thing, how she chose to use it.  According to Dorinda in her blog she made a pretty hurtful choice.

This Tom cheating stuff leads me to wonder, how does Luann ever trust the producers and camera crew again?  I would certainly never, ever trust or teat those people as anything but co-workers.  There are some things in life that rise above reality TV. 

• Love 13
20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I didn't see it as a money issue for Luann but more of a lonely issue for Luann.  She has said she likes being in a relationship, complained of having a dry spell and it left her heart open to finding love.  Luann from her special talks of meager beginnings and said something interesting about "going to the sale rack".  I get the impression she is not going to spend an extra $100,000.00 - $200,000.00 a year on a place in NYC when she has a lovely home in Sag Harbor and can limit her stays in NYC (before Tom) to hotel stays.  I am sure she gets the Bravo rate at the Gansevoort Hotel, where all the visiting Bravo celebs stay when they are in town.   I just think it is in her blood to stretch the dollar.  Back when she was married to the Count she was doing ads for JC Penney's on line.  I think all of Season 3 she wore the same damn boots.  They show more of it with Sonja and the budget saving, I get the impression it is deeply ingrained in her and probably looks at life as she has 40 more years on the planet so save.

I do think she is either inspirational ala Charlotte York on Sex and the City really wanting to find love or is really tired of attending events with the latest model/walker.  She just seems happier in a relationship.  Since Bethenny said she was desperate, I am going to use the word determined.  I also think the holidays have a profound effect on a budding romance.  Luann has a lot to offer a nice home, two beautiful grown children and a large extended family.  It makes for a happy holiday feeling.

Reveal hidden contents

Luann moves into a hotel after learning the news of Tom cheating.

Funny, because i never go that impression from Luann.  When she was with Jacques, she had a nice relationship but she didn't ever strike me as someone desperate to hold onto a man because she wants a relationship.  I never got the impression that she needed a man to complete her.

Now this season, she's putting out a far different vibe.  I have always loved her, even when she did the Countess bullshit.  There was something that seemed effortlessly glamourous about her.  A confidence and intelligence.  There are still flashes of this durign this season, but either she's so desperate to sell this giddy love affair for a storyline or she desperately wants to get married again.  The giddyness just doesn't feel genuine to me.  It feels rather forced.  Of course, everything about this season feels forced to me.  Ramona, Sonja, Luann are off this season.  

I do think that Sonja is off this season but not for a phony reason.  I feel like we're finally seeing the end for Sonja.  I think she's now at the point in her life where her looks are starting to fade.  She was never a gorgeous woman to begin with, in my opinion.  Attractive, handsome, yes.  But I feel like Lady Morgan is starting to realize that her ability to grab onto a rich man is fading out.  Not slut shaming, but she's probably fucked her way through New York so there's a reputation that's haunting her.   She's got this townhouse that she apparently either can't unload or won't unload because of finances.  But she can't maintain  it either. Her kid is old enough that she can't use the kid to get more money from her ex.  I think we're seeing a woman who is truly now lost.  

Ramona is trying to portray her divorce and life after it as some awakening that it clearly isn't.  You can see she's aged 10 years between seasons.  She's trying to convince Mario and the world that life is a candy store for her now and she's really enjoying that freedom.  She doesn't have the financial worries that Sonja has.  And I don't think she has the fucked her way through New York rep, but she has the bat shit crazy rep that is probably preventing her from having normal relationships.  I truly believe, warts and all, Mario was who she thought was her soulmate.  And it's devastating to her.  I feel for her, but I think this persona she's not putting out is not her at all.

Bethenny is just showing us that really, she's as bad as Zarin if not worse.  Those first several seasons, Jill seemed to be the reason for that friendship to degrade the way it did.  Watching Bethenny now, I think she was as toxic as Jill was back then.  Money has only magnified who Beth is at the core:  an unhappy, mean person with axes to grind.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The bolded has completely freaked me out because it made my mind move to her "collection", which is mostly horrendous. I hope she doesn't take this opportunity to create some type of a wedding collection, and wear one of her own frocks to her wedding. 

For the most part Luanne dresses well. On this episode, was her white dress on the yacht from her Evine collection?

It could be very lucrative for the Countess. Her target customer is probably like Lisa Rinna’s “Shirley”. Luanne can wear a designer dress on New Year’s Eve and put it out there that there wasn’t enough time for her partners at Evine to design a dress due to time constraints of planning her nuptials. She can then come out with a Wedding Gown/Bridesmaids Dresses – just one to start

snuggie.gif

Oh wait Snuggies already exist

Seriously though…if her Evine collection is doing well…she could make some cake on a Countess Inspired Wedding Gown. Does she also have a Dinnerware collection – she can do Bridal with that too, or just spin it and call it Elegance in Entertaining.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Both the Sushi Roxx excursion and the cocktail party following the dry cleaning party were LuAnn events. This season has been super weird about hosted events, especially ones at restaurants. Some of them, if you didn't catch who was hosting at the outset of the event, you would be hard pressed to figure out who was the host. Who was the hostess of the pizza making event? 

Supposedly Jules..she has sent multiple off camera tweets about going there all the time with her kids and how she found it in the West Village. For someone with a food thing as Dorinda calls it, she should have picked a place like make your own pottery instead of a restaurant. Then sticking objects into her clay vase would only have gotten her the side eye for bizarre behavior.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Supposedly Jules..she has sent multiple off camera tweets about going there all the time with her kids and how she found it in the West Village. For someone with a food thing as Dorinda calls it, she should have picked a place like make your own pottery instead of a restaurant. Then sticking objects into her clay vase would only have gotten her the side eye for bizarre behavior.

Images of Ramona struggling to work with clay on a pottery wheel just ran through my head..thanks for the laugh! 

She would FLIP OUT if someone accidentally on purpose splattered clay in her fresh blow-out. She has a date later!

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

That's interesting because Jules seemed a little clueless in the pizzeria and the staff certainly looked like they'd never seen her before. It's also a little interesting that all of her hosted events have been so food focused.

I always feel like it's the job of new cast members to introduce these fuddy duddies to new experiences and places. Maybe a yoga trapeze class, which would have been hilarious with Ramona's uncoordinated ass. Drinks at the Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Terminal. Something on Roosevelt Island. It's too bad that Heather and Kristen are gone because Jules could have planned a great playdate at the Sea Glass Carousel. A spa day and taste testing Jules' drink. An art gallery show. There are a couple of places where you can make your own perfume. This would have been a great event for this group of narcissists who all think they're creating lifestyle brands.

I think the newer women have done a decent job of having events at different places. They've gone to London, Coney Island Mermaid Parade, SPiN, the Museum of Sex, singing at Birdland, the Berkshires, the Highline, the boxing match, the mud run, and that soap making place where Aviva told Kristen to shut the fuck up in front of their kids.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

That's interesting because Jules seemed a little clueless in the pizzeria and the staff certainly looked like they'd never seen her before. It's also a little interesting that all of her hosted events have been so food focused.

I always feel like it's the job of new cast members to introduce these fuddy duddies to new experiences and places. Maybe a yoga trapeze class, which would have been hilarious with Ramona's uncoordinated ass. Drinks at the Campbell Apartment in Grand Central Terminal. Something on Roosevelt Island. It's too bad that Heather and Kristen are gone because Jules could have planned a great playdate at the Sea Glass Carousel. A spa day and taste testing Jules' drink. An art gallery show. There are a couple of places where you can make your own perfume. This would have been a great event for this group of narcissists who all think they're creating lifestyle brands.

I think the newer women have done a decent job of having events at different places. They've gone to London, Coney Island Mermaid Parade, SPiN, the Museum of Sex, singing at Birdland, the Berkshires, the Highline, the boxing match, the mud run, and that soap making place where Aviva told Kristen to shut the fuck up in front of their kids.

Took reply to Small Talk.

Re Jules's preoccupation with food  - this is very common in anorexic/bulimics.  I had a close relative who had an eating disorder but after diagnosis, suddenly became a dedicated cook. Only prob - she'd make delicious looking desserts to which she failed to add any sugar or other sweetener.

• Love 2
On 8/11/2016 at 10:28 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Someone stated Jules was putting hot sauce in her food (I didn't notice).  If true, that's an ED tactic.  You make the food inedible in case you're tempted to eat.   It's all about obsessing over the food, yet depriving yourself. 

The hot sauce  - I use tabasco if I have an omelette with bell peppers...there is something about the flavor combo...yum!

On the engagenment yacht, when she was eating her eggs, she had a teeny tiny piece on her fork. When she put it in her mouth - she puffs out on side of her mouth as though she stuck an entire hard boiled egg in...she covers her mouth...but doesn't swallow. She fake eats all the time...she pulled the same move at Sonja's dinner party. This is what I find disturbing - and I agree with Carole - it's difficult to watch her fake eat.

• Love 5
On 8/11/2016 at 1:16 PM, WireWrap said:

And then sing it for Andy when Bethenny is a guest on WWHL! LOL

Sonya's been saying FWB in every episode.

Luanne could do a song called FWB - Frenemy With A Bitch

Sonja is the other guest on WWHL - and Luanne beats her ass ALP (After Lu Performs)

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonya's been saying FWB in every episode.

Luanne could do a song called FWB - Frenemy With A Bitch

Sonja is the other guest on WWHL - and Luanne beats her ass ALP (After Lu Performs)

Sonja is on WWHL tonight with Teresa Giudice.  Fat chance there will be any time for Sonja-it will be all about Teresa and Jacqueline, Teresa and Joe, Teresa and her daughters.  Sonja is claiming she is tired of being Ramona's doormat:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/10/sonja-morgan-is-done-being-ramona-singers-doormat/  Quit acting so pathetic mooning over a man no one ever knew you even knew. 

Sonja's was pathetic this episode and her canoodling with Ramona over their lost love sunk below the pathetic that Luann called Sonja this week.  Sonja there isn't a next season for you so don't try the, Ramona and I are the outs and having nothing else going on in out lives and now we are going to be the "Absolutely Fabulous" redux.  The two of them just don't have it anymore.  Sonja and Luann were far more entertaining without having to insult each other.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Sonja is on WWHL tonight with Teresa Giudice.  Fat chance there will be any time for Sonja-it will be all about Teresa and Jacqueline, Teresa and Joe, Teresa and her daughters.  Sonja is claiming she is tired of being Ramona's doormat:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/10/sonja-morgan-is-done-being-ramona-singers-doormat/  Quit acting so pathetic mooning over a man no one ever knew you even knew. 

Sonja's was pathetic this episode and her canoodling with Ramona over their lost love sunk below the pathetic that Luann called Sonja this week.  Sonja there isn't a next season for you so don't try the, Ramona and I are the outs and having nothing else going on in out lives and now we are going to be the "Absolutely Fabulous" redux.  The two of them just don't have it anymore.  Sonja and Luann were far more entertaining without having to insult each other.  

I have to laugh at Sonja, she would have sold Ramona down the river if she had the chance to crawl up Bethenny's butt. Both Sonja and Ramona are users and would knock the other into the gutter to keep their Bravo paychecks coming in. LOL

• Love 8

I am watching season four on Hulu. I didn't realize that Dorinda was at Jill's anti-bullying event.  

Lu and Tom:. This relationship seems so off to me. When I watch scenes between Lu and Jacques, I see real affection. They really liked each other.  Lu looked really happy. No one needed to hear her cackling, "I'm so happy!"

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am watching season four on Hulu. I didn't realize that Dorinda was at Jill's anti-bullying event.  

Lu and Tom:. This relationship seems so off to me. When I watch scenes between Lu and Jacques, I see real affection. They really liked each other.  Lu looked really happy. No one needed to hear her cackling, "I'm so happy!"

That's true but we also saw Luann/Jacques filmed together a lot, whereas we haven't seen Luann/Tom together on film all that much so far. This photo was from the yacht party and it speaks volumes about how Luann feels about Tom, she is glowing! LOL dish-072916-tom-luann-drama.jpg?itok=_AE

• Love 9

So Sonja on WWHL says she wasn't mad at Ro for dating Tom because she didn't know about Sonja and Tom's FWB relationship.  Did Lu know about Sonja's FWB relationship with Tom?  I'm so tired of how this 'Tom' story has become so convoluted.  It just keeps changing. 

Funny part is that Ro, Sonja, Doris, Carole and Beth had no storyline this season.  Beth's deeply exaggerated version of having the worst fibroids in the world (she did bleed all over EVERYTHING) was a boring accident and morphed into the worst thing ever because the hospital discussed with her what is required by law.  Yeah Beth, Medical POW, etc. are standard procedure.  Gosh, where was your boyfriend that no one seems to be allowed to talk about it in all this?  Oh no mention .  So fake.... What else was there?  We did meet Jules who was honest about having an ED and a seemingly not so perfect marriage plus not having the ability to make coffee or take a shower because the nanny quit.  Lu found love and gave Ro and Sonja a storyline that keeps changing. 

Oh, we got a doggie wedding.  Don't we all love a doggie wedding?  Yawn.

And the best moment of the season was Doris in the Berkshires declaring that she cooked and spent all day decorating the house....the only moment I related to.

IMO, Lu ended up being the stand out of the season.  She didn't let Beth's ridiculous rant get to her in the confrontation in the Berkshires.  Beth was so unhinged, she was going to leave and not thank her host.  Lu verbally ran all over Beth at their date for cocktails and....invited herself to Mexico.  Loved that moment.  She verbally ran over Ro and Sonja at the engagement party.  Sorry, IMO both Ro and Sonja are the ones who looked like fools.  And now we have Beth interrogating Lu about her relationship with Tom...like the viewers are supposed to see that as Beth caring.  Beth just came off mean and IMO created more sympathy to Lu.  And oh, I don't even like Lu that much (I loved her the first season and then it went downhill until she became a 'friend' a couple of seasons ago).

So the next episode we have Beth close to tears telling Lu about the 'evidence' that Tom kissed another woman.  Given Beth's interactions this season, those are tears of joy.  Sorry Beth.  People aren't as stupid as you think.  And shout out to you Carole as well given your comments about the show's viewers.  You both need an ego check. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 15
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, sasha206 said:

Funny, because i never go that impression from Luann.  When she was with Jacques, she had a nice relationship but she didn't ever strike me as someone desperate to hold onto a man because she wants a relationship.  I never got the impression that she needed a man to complete her.

Now this season, she's putting out a far different vibe.  I have always loved her, even when she did the Countess bullshit.  There was something that seemed effortlessly glamourous about her.  A confidence and intelligence.  There are still flashes of this durign this season, but either she's so desperate to sell this giddy love affair for a storyline or she desperately wants to get married again.  The giddyness just doesn't feel genuine to me.  It feels rather forced.  Of course, everything about this season feels forced to me.  Ramona, Sonja, Luann are off this season.  

I do think that Sonja is off this season but not for a phony reason.  I feel like we're finally seeing the end for Sonja.  I think she's now at the point in her life where her looks are starting to fade.  She was never a gorgeous woman to begin with, in my opinion.  Attractive, handsome, yes.  But I feel like Lady Morgan is starting to realize that her ability to grab onto a rich man is fading out.  Not slut shaming, but she's probably fucked her way through New York so there's a reputation that's haunting her.   She's got this townhouse that she apparently either can't unload or won't unload because of finances.  But she can't maintain  it either. Her kid is old enough that she can't use the kid to get more money from her ex.  I think we're seeing a woman who is truly now lost.  

Ramona is trying to portray her divorce and life after it as some awakening that it clearly isn't.  You can see she's aged 10 years between seasons.  She's trying to convince Mario and the world that life is a candy store for her now and she's really enjoying that freedom.  She doesn't have the financial worries that Sonja has.  And I don't think she has the fucked her way through New York rep, but she has the bat shit crazy rep that is probably preventing her from having normal relationships.  I truly believe, warts and all, Mario was who she thought was her soulmate.  And it's devastating to her.  I feel for her, but I think this persona she's not putting out is not her at all.

Bethenny is just showing us that really, she's as bad as Zarin if not worse.  Those first several seasons, Jill seemed to be the reason for that friendship to degrade the way it did.  Watching Bethenny now, I think she was as toxic as Jill was back then.  Money has only magnified who Beth is at the core:  an unhappy, mean person with axes to grind.

This is so good, it deserved to be repeated again.  :)  Clearly I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here! 

The only opinion I might differ ever so slightly on is Sonja - but only aesthetically. Despite her delusions and (many) other issues, I still think that she a very attractive woman.  I actually think she looks prettier now than the first season we met her.  Still, I do agree that her days of being a trophy wife are long gone - hopefully she will fully realize that, too, and perhaps lower her $$$$ standards when seeking out eligible paramours.

• Love 5

Sonja has been going on and on about her FWB relationship with Tom for the majority of the season inclusive of this past episode. She showed up to LUANNE’s engagement party in a come-fuck-me dress to get Tom’s attention, not to congratulate Luanne. She even did a little wriggle in her dress in her room showing off to Carole & Ramona. Every time she has said she is happy for Luanne and Tom, Sonja follows up with some snide remark. Carole and Ramona were not egging her on, Sonja has been doing that herself all season. Sonja has commented on her FWB status to the other ladies ON CAMERA first at Joanne’s, next at Black Barn, in the car with Dorinda and Ramona and now on the yacht…of course someone will ask Sonja questions.

Luanne has not been treating Sonja as though she knows about Sonja’s TH shots. Luanne goes down to yell at Ramona, not Sonja cause she has no idea what Sonja has been saying.

The next morning, Luanne says to Sonja…hey if I were a single guy I’d go after you too, you’re hot – something to that affect. At least with Ramona, she’s telling Luanne we went on 2,4,6,8 dates with no chemistry. This is why I feel bad for Lu – she is totally oblivious of Sonja’s antics.

On a side note: Brian Moylan from Vulture did a recap. The elderly man Sonja spoke to, Brian compared to the ghost of Dominick Dunne - LOL

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

This is so good, it deserved to be repeated again.  :)  Clearly I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here! 

The only opinion I might differ ever so slightly on is Sonja - but only aesthetically. Despite her delusions and (many) other issues, I still think that she a very attractive woman.  I actually think she looks prettier now than the first season we met her.  Still, I do agree that her days of being a trophy wife are long gone - hopefully she will fully realize that, too, and perhaps lower her $$$$ standards when seeking out eligible paramours.

In response to how her vaginal rejuvenation was working out, Sonja said she was going through a dry spell, having put the brakes on younger guys.  I don't think there are a lot of men in Sonja's age range that see her as a catch.  She has put out this ridiculous persona that she is always in the sack with someone.  Maybe in retrospect she is seeing what the many others have observed is she is simply "screwing" these guys and they are not her "lovers", committed to her soul.  Her anger at Ramona is displaced, she was the one putting it out there that she was essentially an all comers meet and now when Luann has moved on into a committed relationship, she is not happy.

Sonja has always been competitive with Luann.  When Luann was happy with Jacques she had a meltdown and made all uncomfortable saying Jacques wasn't right for her.  Sonja went after the pirate the night after Luann brought him back, Sonja displayed max prominently when she knew he had been dating Kelly, she rekindled her relationship with disgusting Harry after Luann had dated him, and Aviva was on the show and was his ex-wife.  The one thing I liked about Aviva is when she said enough talk about Harry.  Talk about being insensitive.   Being competitive is rekindling an old relationship after one of your friends has dated the guy and another castmate divorced.  Sonja was the one who puts this out there.

Perhaps what works against Sonja more than anything else are her delusions of grandeur, no financial secure man (or woman) wants to be around someone who makes reckless, fraudulent business decisions.

Sonja's time to out Tom would have been over the last seven years or so on the show and brought him around as a date.  Of course, she couldn't, not because she is a private person as Ramona claims, but because there never was that kind of relationship.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Perhaps what works against Sonja more than anything else are her delusions of grandeur, no financial secure man (or woman) wants to be around someone who makes reckless, fraudulent business decisions.

This is SO true!

You would think as the way Sonja tells it...this 10 yr FWB relationship with Tom...her lover, dinner companion and friend - there should be ONE photo of them in the press.

Edited by KungFuBunny
trying to stay on topic
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja also blathered she was in a 6 year relationship with a Count to whom she was engaged. So was this before JPM, during Tom, during RHNY? Yet no mention of this Count in any season of RH

Perhaps Sonja meant a COUNTer person at an Italian delicatessen, she really knew her Italian meats.  She obviously wasn't with living with anyone other than Morgan for the past 20 years.  Before Morgan there was another husband, and just prior to Morgan she was working as a hostess for a couple of years-not necessarily a Count's concubine's vocational pursuit.  So I am curious when she worked in a six year relationship.  There was also Harry Dubin.  I wonder if Ramona remembers the Count?  Was it here or abroad?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

In response to how her vaginal rejuvenation was working out, Sonja said she was going through a dry spell, having put the brakes on younger guys.  I don't think there are a lot of men in Sonja's age range that see her as a catch.  She has put out this ridiculous persona that she is always in the sack with someone.  Maybe in retrospect she is seeing what the many others have observed is she is simply "screwing" these guys and they are not her "lovers", committed to her soul.  Her anger at Ramona is displaced, she was the one putting it out there that she was essentially an all comers meet and now when Luann has moved on into a committed relationship, she is not happy.

Sonja has always been competitive with Luann.  When Luann was happy with Jacques she had a meltdown and made all uncomfortable saying Jacques wasn't right for her.  Sonja went after the pirate the night after Luann brought him back, Sonja displayed max prominently when she knew he had been dating Kelly, she rekindled her relationship with disgusting Harry after Luann had dated him, and Aviva was on the show and was his ex-wife.  The one thing I liked about Aviva is when she said enough talk about Harry.  Talk about being insensitive.   Being competitive is rekindling an old relationship after one of your friends has dated the guy and another castmate divorced.  Sonja was the one who puts this out there.

Sonja's time to out Tom would have been over the last seven years or so on the show and brought him around as a date.  Of course, she couldn't, not because she is a private person as Ramona claims, but because there never was that kind of relationship.

Meanwhile it's such a big deal with Lu this season?

Sonja was all about Harry even though he dated Lu and was married to Aviva and how gross was it that the season Aviva was on was the season that she was really showcasing Harry. She also took the opportunity to push the notion that while Aviva and Harry had a failed relationship Sonja's "bond" with him has lasted years and years through marriages and ex's and they are STILL friends and completely ADORE each other although not in a committed relationship.  She relishes "outlasting" other women in relationships like she's such a vixen that men refuse to quit but in reality she probably doesn't have as many re-occuring takers as she would like us to believe and even less that are doing her because of some more romantic aspect that ties their friendships to hook ups.  My guess is that most of the men she's bedding are slam bam thank you maam's and the rest may be friends or acquaintances that engage with Sonja more socially but ahemmm are still pretty much taking advantage of the fact that she's easy making those encounters just as trashy. I really doubt that she has any true intimate involvement with any of the men she's sleeping with.

Me gets the feeling that she expected the sort of loyalty from Tom that Harry showed her (sorta) even though he is making a commitment to Lu. Her "friends" aren't allowed to discard her in such a public way and so close to home. To her it should only need to be adjusted regarding no more boom boom however she still expects these men to continue being "enamored" by her and of course the subject of them being a past "item" is supposed to be something she's allowed to drop once in awhile in a group setting as friendly ribbing and for ironies sake... She sure loves having something like that in common with other women. Basically she's "happy for them" sure but better believe she's not planning her seedy past with him fade from anyone's memory.

Competitive with Lu is right. I think competition is such a ridiculous thing to be going on at their ages and at this event. Sad that that's the only way Sonja defines herself and she's be doing a bad job for something that she spends so much focus on. Say what you will but Lu has been able to stay moving in an upward direction no matter what her circumstances has been. She's also mastered breaking her fall. Sure she's had let downs and shaky situations, that's life, but not once has her life been reduced to scrambling about with the threat of her life failing away in ruins. She chooses Tom and her "life with a man" cause of other factors not out of desperation or of dire need.  From what's been shown she's never dug herself in a hole where her livelihood was in serious doubt with or without a man. Sonja competes in men. That's her sport and it's sad that it seems to be what stands out in the life of Lady Morgan. Her "businesses" don't. Her "deals" don't (well the bad one's do actually) but for someone who is know for her sexual prowess even there she's lacking. Give it up Sonja! Focus on your livelihood and not so much on who you've bedded... in connection with. So damn pathetic.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja has been going on and on about her FWB relationship with Tom for the majority of the season inclusive of this past episode. She showed up to LUANNE’s engagement party in a come-fuck-me dress to get Tom’s attention, not to congratulate Luanne. She even did a little wriggle in her dress in her room showing off to Carole & Ramona. Every time she has said she is happy for Luanne and Tom, Sonja follows up with some snide remark. Carole and Ramona were not egging her on, Sonja has been doing that herself all season.

So who will film with her next season?

Luanne won’t want to if she sees the stuff Sonja has been saying in her TH shots. I wonder how Luanne treats her at the reunion. Final nail on the coffin is Sonja’s WWHL appearance – if she is truly happy for Tom and Luanne  - she should have left it at that, but continues to make snide comments about Tom. When asked why Ramona gets a pass for dating Tom and not Luanne, she says Ramona didn’t know about her FWB with Tom.  So she’s insinuating that Luanne knew, another slam this time at Lu not Tom.

Dorinda seems contemptuous of Sonja – they must really go at it at the reunion with Dorinda being the winner

Beth – Sonja’s latest desparate bid for press saying she was in contact with Gloria Allred and would pursue suing Bethenny for defamation of character.  Then claims she and Bethenny are good on WWHL?

Carole would probably film a bit with her – but she’s not taking on snatch guard duty nor putting her to bed.

Ramona is on her Stella never got her groove on Tour so she has no time for Sonja.

Jules won’t be back because she can’t discuss her divorce while it is ongoing and Michael will not sign a release that allows his children to be filmed.

So I still predict..Sonja and Jules out. If Heather’s legal issues are resolved she is back in or they will just bring a newbie on (hopefully a friend of Lu’s)

I am enjoying Sober Sonja so I hope she is back. Others have posted regarding Heather's legal issues but never specified what they were.  Is that why she left and what are her legal issues? As far as Michael not signing a release to allow his kids to be filmed - that would surprise me. According to Jules he barely knows who his kids are so why would he care? On top of that Jules being out means less income for her, and likely more alimony that he would have to pay. I think if Jules is out it would be because she wasn't liked enough by the viewers (being Jewish and Asian aside) to warrent another apple - even if she and Michael were not divorcing.

Guys, come on. If you can't figure out how to post on topic we're going to have to just lock this topic. It isn't a catch all for every discussion. We have plenty of places to discuss WWHL (including a forum for WWHL) but it doesn't belong in the episode thread for a two week old episode. Period. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am enjoying Sober Sonja so I hope she is back. Others have posted regarding Heather's legal issues but never specified what they were.  Is that why she left and what are her legal issues? As far as Michael not signing a release to allow his kids to be filmed - that would surprise me. According to Jules he barely knows who his kids are so why would he care? On top of that Jules being out means less income for her, and likely more alimony that he would have to pay. I think if Jules is out it would be because she wasn't liked enough by the viewers (being Jewish and Asian aside) to warrent another apple - even if she and Michael were not divorcing.

Moving to  her thread.