Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Announces The Premiere Date For Its Gilmore Girls Revival: Watch The Trailer!

• Start Topic

I'm dead.  I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead I died I'm dead.

They got the tone of "my" Girls back tone again.  That's all I really wanted.  I can now officially get excited about the revival!!!!  (I was on the fence until now, in all honesty.)  Hooray!!!

• Love 3

Thank God, Rory lost the baby voice!  I love hearing her talk in normal tones.

Not sure this would be considered a spoiler but just in case I watched the trailer full screen and

Spoiler

neither are wearing rings.

• Love 1

Thank God, Rory lost the baby voice!  I love hearing her talk in normal tones.

Not sure this would be considered a spoiler but just in case I watched the trailer full screen and

Reveal hidden contents

neither are wearing rings.

Per your spoiler comment: It looks like they're in Winter, so those plot developments might happen in a later episode. I think it would be weird to skip past such a major life event like that in between the last season and now.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LeafontheWind said:

Did everyone tear up when the strummy la las started, or am I just a big old softie?

No. I had something in my eye. Definitely not tearing up. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

They got the tone of "my" Girls back tone again.  That's all I really wanted.  I can now officially get excited about the revival!!!!  (I was on the fence until now, in all honesty.)  Hooray!!!

I feel the same way. Or, as I just yelled when I saw the video, Lorelaiiiii! Rory! Oh, girls xx 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Silly Angel said:

I see Lorelai hasn't lost her utter self-absorption.

Right? I can't stand her and dislike Rory so this doesn't in any way top my list, but will probably watch to see how bad it is. I wouldn't mind catching up with some of the ancillary characters.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I'm very excited too, and so glad to see a bit more excitement here.  Honestly at this point I don't think I even care that much about what happens (within reason, of course).  I'm just so happy to be able to see the show, hear the la la's and see all the characters in new episodes.

2 hours ago, Silly Angel said:

I see Lorelai hasn't lost her utter self-absorption.

I noticed that too, but she wouldn't be Lorelai without it.  It usually helps, for me at least, when you know the context of the conversation.  At least Rory is decidedly unimpressed.

Edited by shron17
  • Love 2

Oh, that was so beautiful. When they were showing Luke's to the grocery story, I just felt like someone coming home to their home town. So nice and Thanksgiving Weekend. Perfect!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readster said:

Oh, that was so beautiful. When they were showing Luke's to the grocery story, I just felt like someone coming home to their home town. So nice and Thanksgiving Weekend. Perfect!

Yes, the panning of the town was the part that got me.

• Love 4
On July 28, 2016 at 6:11 AM, readster said:

That got me more than the "la la"s I confess, I've never liked the la las.