Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Matchmaking Special / Wedding Preparations

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Nothing wrong with getting married at 24. Plenty wrong with trusting these people to find your spouse at any age. 

Not at all, and she may indeed be a mature 24-year-old. But if I were going to do this (which, never), I would do it as a last resort. Most of the participants (at least, the ones I've seen - haven't seen all the seasons) have said stuff like "I've tried everything else, may as well try this." And at 24, I don't feel like you've had enough time to see what's out there - particularly if she's devoted as much time to work as she claims. If she were engaged at 24 to a man she'd met organically, I'd have no issue with it, but, like, try a few months of Match.com first before jumping into this nonsense.

• Love 5

Call me crazy but I found the guys much more attractive on tv than from the still pictures. I liked their dogs and Alluson the rescue turtle. The smoker may be a turn off in person but a nice guy. I did notice at least 2 of them they complimented their earning power.         I really really was glad they did not choose the messy YouTuber wanna be haha. 

And also: one of the new experts has a communications degree, a law degree (JDs are not doctorates - at all), is licensed as a hypnotherapist AND a life coach. I seriously have to wonder how the fuck you get to that. I knew the legal turnover rate was high, but jeez.

A JD is a "Doctor of Jurisprudence" degree. It is a doctorate level degree. Relatively inapplicable to the task at hand, but a doctoral-level degree nonetheless.

I have a feeling she's not going to do anything to improve the general public impression of lawyers.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Not at all, and she may indeed be a mature 24-year-old. But if I were going to do this (which, never), I would do it as a last resort. Most of the participants (at least, the ones I've seen - haven't seen all the seasons) have said stuff like "I've tried everything else, may as well try this." And at 24, I don't feel like you've had enough time to see what's out there - particularly if she's devoted as much time to work as she claims. If she were engaged at 24 to a man she'd met organically, I'd have no issue with it, but, like, try a few months of Match.com first before jumping into this nonsense.

The opposite end is Mekalya - 30 year old hairdresser who apparently partied her youth away.  Most people can't ride the carousel through their 20s and not be a jaded mess.

My biggest problems with Lillian is that her idea of affection is someone doing things for her without being asked.  Plus, she flunked out of medical school...excuse me, transferred to anthropology but is now in real estate.  That makes her seem like she can't stay committed to anything.

• Love 5

Derek can sit down with his bulldust that being in the military has affected his relationship as he never knew when he was going to leave. He was in for 4 years, they showed his diploma from the Defense Language Institute he graduated 2nd March 2000, so giving him the benefit of the doubt even if that was his first day he has been out for 12 YEARS.

19 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

My biggest problems with Lillian is that her idea of affection is someone doing things for her without being asked.  Plus, she flunked out of medical school...excuse me, transferred to anthropology but is now in real estate.  That makes her seem like she can't stay committed to anything.

Thumbs up that was my thoughts, her past shows lack of commitment not maturity

• Love 7

Oh and I do think only a few are in Miami. The bach parties...Lips (upscale drag club fun place) YOLO...nice club La Olas...Funky Buddha... all are in Ft Lauderdale not Miami. Tom...Neil I think both Ft Lauderdale. The RE gal def was in Miami apt tho. We have beautiful wedding places here but I guess few wanted to give a free wedding in wxchange for Pr fromthis show haha. Outdoor weddings always always have a backup plan...staying out in the rain was a joke. 

• Love 2

They de-cheaped the show didn't they? The different settings felt less dumpster show somehow. Still the same content but at least, it doesn't feel as much as basement wedding as the previous seasons.

The grooms seem sympathetic enough and none of them gave me that loser vibe I got from the previous ones, which is a real upgrade. 

I'm in love with Sonia's smile, her wedding dress was tragic though...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pollock said:

I'm in love with Sonia's smile, her wedding dress was tragic though...

Heather's was two sizes too large and looked bulky on her. I get that they had to pick off the rack, but surely some time could have been spared for alterations. And yes, ditch the dime store looking veil.

7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm not sure if maybe I'm seeing things but Lillian looks like she suffers from alopecia. 

Her hair is thin and wispy for sure.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, seasick said:

He already indicated that he doesn't want 'the white picket fence"  which generally means committment--marriage, kids etc.  And I would expect someone who says he wants to do interior yacht construction not to done his from the reduced pile at Home Depot.  What a mess. I think his business idea is an excuse for putzing around on the bus for 2 years.  I believe they will both be shocked that they were matched. I hope they sit down and talk about what they said they wanted in a match and how they both got screwed instead of 'trusting the experts' and being pissed at each other.

I don't really agree with this.  Plenty of people get married and have kids but don't get the whole "white picket fence."  Not everybody wants the same thing.  Tom may want to be with a woman who likes the things he likes, surfing, living near the beach (oh yeah!).  As for Lillian, I'm not sure she wants the traditional thing.  A lot of people say they do, but really want the idea of traditional.  I thought it was interesting that Lillian said her parents were together until she moved out, which meant, to me, that they stayed together for her sake.  Also she hasn't seen her father in a long time, and he didn't even come to her wedding.  I wonder what the deal is about that.

• Love 4

Tom's Love me, Love my bus was clearly conveyed to the the audience, the producers, and especially the experts.

He stated that he broke up with a past relationship because after a year of living in the bus she wanted the white picket fence.

Lillian SELLS the white picket fence fantasy for a living.

Of course, she wants the biggest, whitest picket fence she can afford.

The train wreck of Davina insisting she cannot leave Manhattan and Sean working in NJ didn't give you any pause when you matched Tom and Lillian.

Good job, M@FS.

• Love 7
(edited)

Plenty of people get married and have kids but don't get the whole "white picket fence."  Not everybody wants the same thing.  Tom may want to be with a woman who likes the things he likes, surfing, living near the beach (oh yeah!).

Now, I would love to live near the beach, and I was intrigued by the thought of living on a converted luxury bus...but that bus doesn't seem all that luxury.  I can see a lot of woman saying yes to the bus for awhile, but then getting really sick of living in such a tiny enclosed space that really doesn't seem to have much in the way of amenities.  

Edited by henrysmom
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Tom's Love me, Love my bus was clearly conveyed to the the audience, the producers, and especially the experts.

He stated that he broke up with a past relationship because after a year of living in the bus she wanted the white picket fence.

Lillian SELLS the white picket fence fantasy for a living.

Of course, she wants the biggest, whitest picket fence she can afford.

The train wreck of Davina insisting she cannot leave Manhattan and Sean working in NJ didn't give you any pause when you matched Tom and Lillian.

Good job, M@FS.

I agree she sells the white picket fence concept for a living but did she say she wanted it for herself?  She may not.  At least I hope not.

(edited)

The way the producers have edited Lillian's story, her Daddy disappearing from her life issues is front and center.

The white picket fence may not come into play if Tom can promise to never leave her literally and emotionally.

She also wanted a husband who could read her mind and do things without her asking.

Hope his telepathic powers are strong.

Of course, in the bus they will never be more than 8 feet apart so the mind reading waves only have a short distance to travel.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 5

She also wanted a husband who could read her mind and do things without her asking.

Oh no!  I missed her saying that.  Yeah, that is never good.  I know a <handful> of couples who can do the mind reading thing, which I think is more along the lines of just knowing somebody so well that you can read their body language, know their habits, etc. without even realizing you are doing it.  Even long married couples sometimes (often?) never get there--no way can two strangers do this.

• Love 3

I just figured Lillian as more traditional since she was adamant about following the traditional cultural view that she could not wear pearls on her wedding day. She wouldn't budge on this so I'm wondering what else she won't budge on. I'm feeling the least hopeful for tom and Lillian at this point. I thought maybe Sonia would have been a better match for him. I'm getting the guys confused though because they all look the same to me. Kind of like most of the girls on the bachelor.  

• Love 2

The pastor saying the fact 30,000 people have applied to be on the show demonstrates that many people still believe in marriage and want to o get married.  No buddy it means there are a huge number of fame whores out there!  The bus guy.. Tom?  Just no!!  That bus was an unfinished piece of crap.  For a supposed luxury yacht designer his bus sure doesn't showcase any of his talents. My neighbors redid the inside of the camper they take to a local campground a few times a year and it's stunning compared to Tom's sad looking bus and they don't even live in the thing.  I've seen Double wide trailers that are more "luxury" than his bus. I feel bad for his wife.  Especially since she's in real estate and gets to see all these fabulous homes then come home to that pos.  

Which one is the Navy guy?  Got a bad vibe from him.  Not sure why.  Maybe it was his bragging about how many one night stands he's had? I instantly disliked him.  His teeth look yellow on my TV and he has shifty eyes.  Also the Navy thing.. Y talk about something that was so long ago. Just don't care for him.  Not sure what to think of nick or the women yet. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Which one is the Navy guy?  Got a bad vibe from him.  Not sure why.  Maybe it was his bragging about how many one night stands he's had? I instantly disliked him.  His teeth look yellow on my TV and he has shifty eyes.  Also the Navy thing.. Y talk about something that was so long ago. Just don't care for him.  Not sure what to think of nick or the women yet. 

Hmmm, I didn't get that he was bragging about them, just that they asked him if he had had a lot of one-night stands.  I guess I'll have to rewatch.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2016 at 8:22 AM, Neurochick said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I actually liked the bus, and I liked that it was near the beach.  I never wanted a large house because, heck, it takes time to clean a large house.  Why do that when I can clean a smaller space in an hour?  Give me minimalism any day!

Maybe because I'm a guy and I'm young, but yeah, I wouldn't mind living like that for a year or so. For the same reasons you say. I'm into minimalist living and I've always wanted to do the "tiny house" thing....but I would understand that it'd be hard to get a woman I was dating (or married to) to be okay with it. I wouldn't even want to live like that after I hit 30.

On 7/26/2016 at 11:18 PM, Empress1 said:

I said this on Arranged, where a couple was living in a camper for no discernible reason (I hope it was producer-driven) and the wife complained about it. She had many many many MANY flaws but she was right about that camper; it was a shithole. The husband said he lived in it to save money but he had a stable job as a teacher/coach so I can't imagine he couldn't afford a decent one-bedroom. There's nothing unreasonable or princess-y about not wanting to live in a bus.

I watch Arranged, too. I guess maybe I can cut David a little slack because though his job is steady, people are always talking about how teacher's don't make that much, and he's in his 20's (I think) but Tom's in his 30's (if I remember correctly) AND owns a business. He can live in a normal home, he just chooses not to and unreasonably looks down on women who don't want to.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ralph said:

Maybe because I'm a guy and I'm young, but yeah, I wouldn't mind living like that for a year or so. For the same reasons you say. I'm into minimalist living and I've always wanted to do the "tiny house" thing....but I would understand that it'd be hard to get a woman I was dating (or married to) to be okay with it. I wouldn't even want to live like that after I hit 30.

The funny thing is you might want to live like that after you hit fifty and don't want to clean a large house, full of too much crap. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ralph said:

I watch Arranged, too. I guess maybe I can cut David a little slack because though his job is steady, people are always talking about how teacher's don't make that much, and he's in his 20's (I think) but Tom's in his 30's (if I remember correctly) AND owns a business. He can live in a normal home, he just chooses not to and unreasonably looks down on women who don't want to.

I may have brought this up before but I thought the people they chose had to be more flexible in what they wanted in a mate. Didn't Dr. Pepper say that the more deal breakers a person has, the less likely it would be for them to get chosen? So why did they choose this guy? Or the woman who hates pearls? Seems like if you're so picky that you can't even tolerate a pearl, maybe you shouldn't be participating in an experiment where another person is involved. I know I'm exaggerating about the pearl thing but you'd think they'd pick up on the fact that she can't even bend for something as trivial as what type of jewelry is acceptable. It's like they chose these two because they knew it would fail and they needed ratings. It's just wrong. People actually trust these so called experts. The show is bullshit this season.

I love the minimalist lifestyle but there aren't a lot of us out there. There's a reason this guy hasn't gotten married and we didn't need an entire show dedicated to what that reason is. It doesn't take a medical degree to figure it out.

I hope I made sense. I'm rushing around. Sorry I'm scattered.

• Love 3

The funny thing is you might want to live like that after you hit fifty and don't want to clean a large house, full of too much crap. 

So true--I'm getting close to that age and honestly, I wouldn't mind living in a bus.  But  a <nice> bus.  Maybe I was expecting too much from a guy who designs yacht interiors, but that bus really didn't look finished or polished in anyway.  More like he slapped up some paneling and called it a day. I'm not even sure the closet had a door.  And it was an awfully small closet.  I don't know where Lillian is going to put her stuff.  Even if she is a minimalist (which I doubt) there just doesn't look like there is room for two people in that bus.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, henrysmom said:

So true--I'm getting close to that age and honestly, I wouldn't mind living in a bus.  But  a <nice> bus.  Maybe I was expecting too much from a guy who designs yacht interiors, but that bus really didn't look finished or polished in anyway.  More like he slapped up some paneling and called it a day. I'm not even sure the closet had a door.  And it was an awfully small closet.  I don't know where Lillian is going to put her stuff.  Even if she is a minimalist (which I doubt) there just doesn't look like there is room for two people in that bus.

THIS is the problem I think most people are having.  I have watched many tiny house/ tiny living shows and have seen many regular non luxury yacht interior designer people make a small space both beautiful and functional.  His space was neither.  It quite frankly looked like a crappy Greyhound bus with wood paneling.  I think everyone was expecting a much more refined product.

• Love 14

Yeah, that is in no way a "luxury" bus. Plus, it's not finished; it's hard living in a house as you remodel, much less a bus. I gather they will find their own place for the duration of the show. But, Lillian is described as 24, mature, ready for marriage, etc and seems fairly stable. Tom lives in a bus and was recruited for the show so I think he might still be in Peter Pan mode. This match seems like it's going to be a disaster (I'm hoping to be surprised though!).

• Love 5

It's hard for me to picture a married couple living in a bus. When you're young and single, OK fine. Or when you're retired. But two people having to be in each other's faces all day every day - nuh uh. And what happens when you add kids to the mix? Or even pets? How do you ever entertain? If he's really dead set on living in it, I foresee conflict.

• Love 3

Hi everyone!

Once again, I talked myself into watching the trainwreck aka married at first sight again!

Lilian/Tom: They are my least fave just from episode 1. Lilian kinda worries me. I don't know if she's gonna be a good communicator. Tom and his bus/home is kinda cute, but will get old for any woman. Perhaps he will keep it as a man cave when he meets "the one"???

Sonia/Nick: Something tells me she's gonna be the Vanessa of this season. She's a social worker and I'm afraid she will try and diagnose Nick. Nick looks like he will check out of the "marriage". He's the Ryan R. of this season.

Heather/Derek: For some reason, I see these 2 working out. Heather's breakdown was a bit much, but then again I forget they are filming a reality show, while I feel I'm watching an old school soap opera. I didn't care for her dress...any of the dresses in fact. I might be jumping the gun, but Derek is a hottie and that's the reason I'm giving myself to tune in. I just hope he doesn't end up being the Ryan D.

• Love 2

I didn't like Heather's dress, either.  Her friend was tactfully trying to tell her she didn't have the boobs for it by saying people are only going to see boobs when she walks down the aisle, but Heather wasn't having it.  It was also too bulky in the bottom half.  How old is Heather?  For some reason, seeing her in that dress reminded me of older women who try on wedding dresses meant for young women on "Say Yes to the Dress"...it just looked wrong on her.

Sonia's dress was too much.  I can see how it is "her" and it was flattering to her figure, but I don't see the appeal of looking like Vegas showgirl flouncy hoochie mama at your wedding, lol.  I suppose it's a matter of taste.

I don't remember Lillian's dress because of the rain.

• Love 3

Once again, I talked myself into watching the trainwreck aka married at first sight again!

You too, huh?  Yeah, after last season I swore never again.  Couldn't help myself though.

I know it is too early to predict outcomes (I can't even remember who is who without looking people up) but overall I'm thinking better of this group than last season.  Pretty much from day one of season three the only couple I thought had a chance of making it was Tres and Vanessa.  But with these six I'm not getting an early sense of doom from anybody.  Even Lillian's doom and gloom over the pearl necklace and the rain at the wedding didn't worry me all that much.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm not sure if maybe I'm seeing things but Lillian looks like she suffers from alopecia. 

Yeah, I noticed that, too.  There is definitely something going on with her scalp.  Looks like her hair is blond or white there, or maybe very thin (like your guess).  Hmmm...

• Love 2

I didn't like Heather's dress, either.  Her friend was tactfully trying to tell her she didn't have the boobs for it by saying people are only going to see boobs when she walks down the aisle, but Heather wasn't having it.  It was also too bulky in the bottom half.  How old is Heather?

32, I think.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

THIS is the problem I think most people are having.  I have watched many tiny house/ tiny living shows and have seen many regular non luxury yacht interior designer people make a small space both beautiful and functional.  His space was neither.  It quite frankly looked like a crappy Greyhound bus with wood paneling.  I think everyone was expecting a much more refined product.

And I think the wood paneling is actually wood flooring that you buy by the box.  Baaad.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ralph said:

I watched that too and I think it was for the show and to create some drama over living in that nasty little piece of junk. Most teachers can afford a 1 bedroom apartment though and even more. Honestly many teachers make more than most people think. Around my area we hear plenty of them whine and complain they aren't paid enough put their incomes are online for all to see and IMO most make more than they should. They make more than someone like my husband makes working in a school doing maintenance. A LOT more and I won't even get into how some of them treat those poor guys that make sure a school is in the condition it needs to be for them to teach. Sorry have a bitter taste in my mouth from some things the last few years and more so right now with them. But I just know that whole thing was nothing more than for the show considering how their parents both lived and a few other things.

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Agree. I have watched those too and while I couldn't live that way they are done really nicely. The show putting out who the people are said he lived on a "luxury bus". I have seen on some of these home shows people turn school buses into pretty awesome homes in less time than he has taken to do whatever he did to that crap. IMO if I saw that and wanted my yacht fixed up I think I would't trust him to touch it. LOL 

2 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Yeah, that is in no way a "luxury" bus. Plus, it's not finished; it's hard living in a house as you remodel, much less a bus. I gather they will find their own place for the duration of the show. But, Lillian is described as 24, mature, ready for marriage, etc and seems fairly stable. Tom lives in a bus and was recruited for the show so I think he might still be in Peter Pan mode. This match seems like it's going to be a disaster (I'm hoping to be surprised though!).

And 2 yrs he was supposedly working on it and that is all he did? Its like WTF was the dude doing all that time? I have a feeling he was out surfing and didn't want to do a damn thing. Of course no woman was going to want to live in that for long. IF he had one there for even a year he was lucky. There is no way someone that sells homes for a living is going to be ok with that crap. Not when there are tiny houses that look 1000 times better than that ever could. Maybe it is Peter Pan mode or some surf bum mode but either way with him being recruited through SM didn't sit well with me at all. Especially when they lure men claiming its a "dating show". SMH

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Snewtsie said:

Yeah, I noticed that, too.  There is definitely something going on with her scalp.  Looks like her hair is blond or white there, or maybe very thin (like your guess).  Hmmm...

It looks like female pattern baldness (even thinning over the top), and it's pretty far advanced for her age.  She's probably going to want to get a wig in a year or two, or at least a topper (I think that's what they call female toupees).  The amount of makeup she spackles on is horrific.  How could they match her with a surfer dude?  I'm guessing he'd want someone more natural.  Sorry to be so shallow. 

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, WhoAmIReally said:

It looks like female pattern baldness (even thinning over the top), and it's pretty far advanced for her age.  She's probably going to want to get a wig in a year or two, or at least a topper (I think that's what they call female toupees).  The amount of makeup she spackles on is horrific.  How could they match her with a surfer dude?  I'm guessing he'd want someone more natural.  Sorry to be so shallow. 

The makeup is rough.  I cringe thinking about what's going on under there.  Her facetuned online photos don't even look like the same person.

Will we have the first dude to express disappointment in his match's looks? 

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Yeah, that is in no way a "luxury" bus. Plus, it's not finished; it's hard living in a house as you remodel, much less a bus.

Here's the other thing -- if Tom really is serious about truly making it a luxury bus, it's going to take up most of his free time on weekends and evenings, and he'll probably want her to pitch in (says someone who was once engaged to a man who restores cars as a hobby).

I got no beef with the producers trolling dating sites or social media to find participants, but are these guys seriously the best they could do? Out of every unattached person in the Miami metroplex? I didn't think that 6'7" guy was suitable, but they seem to have overcompensated with some shorties.

It's early days but Nick (paired with Sonia) seems "low key" to the point of "comatose."

I realize the men's haircuts are the thing now, but those squiffy coxcombs in front still look ridiculous to me.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

IF Tom is this fancy schmancy yacht interior designer then the cobbler's children have no shoes.

I suspect Tom just works for a yacht company as an independent contractor.  Anyone involved in design work would at least have a portfolio website.  I can't find anything.

• Love 4

i'm just not seeing the match with Lillian and Tom.  He seems set in his ways and she seems more driven than him.  I can see friction when she wants help because she has 50 things going down and he wants to go meditate on his surfboard.  (I'm worried about Lillian's thin hair on top?  I hope it's premature natural thinning and she's not a stress hair puller.)

I'm most hopeful for Sonia and Nick.  She seems very giving.

i can't get a read on Heather.  She doesn't seem to know herself very well or something.

it's fun this show is back and to be reading all the great comments!

• Love 4

I didn't know pearls were bad luck; the top of my wedding dress was covered in pearls and I have been married for 21 years. This is my second year watching this show and I don't expect anything better than the last time around. I know we didn't see all the questions the experts asked, but they didn't seem to ask the right ones. They should ask things like: Do you expect your spouse to spend all their time with you or are you ok with spending time alone/with friends? Where do you want to live after marriage? Do you spend a lot of time with your family and do you expect your spouse to do the same? What do you like to do after work in the evening and on weekends? How do you like to communicate if something is wrong? Etc. It seemed like they focused on whether they have similar jobs and sex questions. Honestly, I think they overemphasize the sex stuff. The majority of people who get married like sex and want to have sex. Whether they like it plain or a little kinky is not the most important thing in choosing a mate; those things can change over time.

The blond woman, Heather looks and acts like the woman from the show Married by Mom and Dad. She seems a bit high maintenance. Derek seems ok, but I wish he would have been paired with Sonya, she seems more easy going. Lillian is kind of unattractive and too young for the usual age group on here. As far as the bus thing: There is nothing wrong with living on a bus. However, choosing someone with a very unusual quirk for a mystery marriage is just unfair. There may be some women who would like to live on a bus, but playing the averages means you are not going to find one in the group that applied on the show. Why start out a new marriage with this kind of burden? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lordonia said:

I got no beef with the producers trolling dating sites or social media to find participants, but are these guys seriously the best they could do? Out of every unattached person in the Miami metroplex? I didn't think that 6'7" guy was suitable, but they seem to have overcompensated with some shorties.

My issue with them doing it is how they do it. They lie to these guys telling them its for a "dating show" and then once they come to wherever it is sprung on them its to get married at first sight and not dating. Its no wonder these guys take off as fast as they can after being mislead. So they basically seem to pick through what is left and willing to do this. I am betting its not a whole lot either. 

5 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I didn't know pearls were bad luck; the top of my wedding dress was covered in pearls and I have been married for 21 years. This is my second year watching this show and I don't expect anything better than the last time around. I know we didn't see all the questions the experts asked, but they didn't seem to ask the right ones. They should ask things like: Do you expect your spouse to spend all their time with you or are you ok with spending time alone/with friends? Where do you want to live after marriage? Do you spend a lot of time with your family and do you expect your spouse to do the same? What do you like to do after work in the evening and on weekends? How do you like to communicate if something is wrong? Etc. It seemed like they focused on whether they have similar jobs and sex questions. Honestly, I think they overemphasize the sex stuff. The majority of people who get married like sex and want to have sex. Whether they like it plain or a little kinky is not the most important thing in choosing a mate; those things can change over time.

The blond woman, Heather looks and acts like the woman from the show Married by Mom and Dad. She seems a bit high maintenance. Derek seems ok, but I wish he would have been paired with Sonya, she seems more easy going. Lillian is kind of unattractive and too young for the usual age group on here. As far as the bus thing: There is nothing wrong with living on a bus. However, choosing someone with a very unusual quirk for a mystery marriage is just unfair. There may be some women who would like to live on a bus, but playing the averages means you are not going to find one in the group that applied on the show. Why start out a new marriage with this kind of burden? 

Agree about what they really should be asking them. I know its edited but I am betting that those things were not asked at all. I just know watching that matching episode all that seemed to be harped on was sex. How many one night stands, kind of sex they like, do they even like it and so. Sure is important but you are throwing 2 strangers together that shouldn't be jumping in the sack right off the bat. Its something I think those couples should be able to figure out on their own when it comes to that topic and those so called "experts" should butt out of. Only thing I can think would be ok to make sure on this topic is that they like sex at all and leave it at that. They don't need a cold fish again but they don't need to have to many details either. 

While there is nothing wrong with living on the bus its what it is that I find bad. Especially after it being said it was a "luxury bus" and he was working on it for 2 yrs. With that you don't do this show with someone like that at all unless you can find someone that likes tiny houses/bus living. It wasn't fair to do this to his bride at all. It doesn't make him look to great with how that bus looks really either. 

• Love 4

I thought I would like the pastor this season but he's already saying stupid stuff like, "We matched them because they really want to find love and settle down", like it's a big thing they have in common.  u-DUH.....EVERYONE says that!!!

Lillian is far too traditional for Tom.  If she is still buying into the superstitions of her mother's homeland.....That to me says she follows the traditions of her family without question no matter how ridiculous they are.  So I just don't see her living in an old bus and surfing it up.  And I just can't imagine Tom relating to her superstitious behavior at all....It just goes to show how influenced she is by her family and not thinking for herself.  Is this going to be another "West Side Story"? "Forget that boy and find another?"  Unless he makes a lot of money, of course, then everyone including Lillian will be walking barefoot on the beach and strumming ukeleles along with him.  But I kind of doubt he's the big yacht designer the show is making him out to be.  Nah, he's probably just a loser who makes a few bucks off the books renovating house boats to support his free spirited lifestyle.  That is probably the real reason why he lives in a dilapidated bus that he only tinkers on and not a real house.  I can just see that going over like a lead balloon with Lillian, a real estate agent, LOL!  Yes to her seeming high maintenance, too.  I noticed that myself.

Lillian wanting a man to do things for her without asking reminds me of Jessica, who seemed to want that too.  And we all know how bad her communication skills were!  She got dealt a dud but she was no prize either.

Lillian's troubles with school make me think she was really hoping to get an MRS degree and failed at that, LOL.  I feel sorry for her, though as she has thinning hair around her part.  One would think she would get a haircut that was better at hiding that.

My take on why they don't have a psychologist this season is because after the train wreck that Cilona got himself into with this show, no self respecting mental health professional would want to risk their reputation on it.

All that said, I thought Sonia looked stunning in her wedding gown all made up.  Although there's something about the way she acts and talks that reminds me of "Georgette" from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".  Mr. Snarkle said she's one of those women who looks perpetually startled.  Not sure what to make of Nick yet, though.  His qualities have not made themselves known yet.  He wants someone who can "bring him out" and as a social worker, Sonia does seem like the type who would want to do that.  I also think they are the best looking couple this season.  But his mother is seriously worrying me that she has created a monster.

Derek seems Jewish to me but they're not making a thing out of that, at least not so far.  His mother doesn't look heartbroken that he might marry a shicksa unless she's hiding it real well, so perhaps that won't be an issue, thank goodness.

I don't think 24 is "too young" for marriage unless young people really are that much more immature today than ever before.  That said, I would probably agree that anyone who would do THIS show would be "too immature" for marriage at any age, but that's just me.

But I love how young people act like they've been doing something SOOOO LONG.....I'm sure Lillian thinks she's "tried everything" to find love FOR A WHOLE 5 YEARS and is at her wit's end after ALL THIS TIME, LOL.  Reminds me of the kid on MasterChef Junior who said "That was the best lobster I've ever had in my WHOLE LIFE!!!"  Like what, all 8 years of it?   LOL

I agree that Heather's wedding gown looked too big on her.  It was too low cut, and the waist sat below her natural waistline. 

• Love 4

If Sonia is Georgette from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" then Nick's mom is Marie from "Everyone Loves Raymond."

Lillian trying a different hairdo is like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Heather's dress was so ill fitted that she looked much better with her ginormous bouquet blocking the boobage.

• Love 7