Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E16: Head of Household 5, Nominations 5

• Start Topic

LOL at Paulie's laugh at the beginning sounded like a dying hyena.

Paul annoys me, I can't help it. His friendship stuff annoys me a lot. Why can't we get more DRs from Natalie or Zakiyah? Why do all the guys get a bazillion DRs? Paul's DRs make ME want to punch myself in the face. Paul's acting like the big man on campus. 

Nicole spilling info to Frank? She really wants to work with him, doesn't she? 

An endurance comp? Finally! And it went on for five and a half hours? That competition looked pretty hard. I don't know if I could have done it, mostly because I don't have good upper arm strength.Good for James, Day, Bridgette, and Natalie, though. They all made it pretty far. Paul getting eliminated after 23 minutes? Heh. I'm impressed that most made it past an hour and a half. 

Frank losing the comp because he was trying to get silly? That's funny. But him and Day talking during the competition was smart. Bridgette and Day arguing? That segment is what I'm here for! Too bad it's probably going to be the only entertaining thing this week. Honestly, I'm surprised at how much I loved the Day/Frank/Bridgette segment. It was...somewhat mature? Nicole smiling while saying it wasn't true? Girl, you need to lie better. 

I know James really had no choice. It was either put them up, or have the house switch targets to him and Natalie next week instead of Day. Last season, it was easier for James to make moves. This season has a house-mob mentality. 

James/Natalie's kiss was so adorable. 

• Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paul annoys me, I can't help it. His friendship stuff annoys me a lot. Why can't we get more DRs from Natalie or Zakiyah? Why do all the guys get a bazillion DRs? Paul's DRs make ME want to punch myself in the face. Paul's acting like the big man on campus. 

Because in Paul's case, his DR's are more entertaining.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3

Do we think it's an accident that the end of episode narration said "will the veto be used to save Bridgette AND Frank" instead of "Bridgette OR Frank"?  I guess that's what the secret room is.  So of course Frank will find it.

• Love 4
Just now, escape said:

Because in Paul's case, his DR's are more entertaining.

I disagree. I find his DRs loud and obnoxious. I think it's his tone that makes me really, really dislike him. He can have funny lines from time to time, but his slightly raised voice does not appeal to me, and I think he sounds smug half the time. I think it's because he dials it up significantly in the DR, but I'd rather get less DRs from him. I don't want 50% of the DRs to go to this schmuck. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I disagree. I find his DRs loud and obnoxious. I think it's his tone that makes me really, really dislike him. He can have funny lines from time to time, but his slightly raised voice does not appeal to me, and I think he sounds smug half the time. I think it's because he dials it up significantly in the DR, but I'd rather get less DRs from him. I don't want 50% of the DRs to go to this schmuck. 

Plus his head is always sideways and it's so annoying.

• Love 4

So this episode was kind of fun for me, because as an avid Live Feed addict, I usually know what is going to happen, but tonight's entire episode took place when the feeds were on a blackout, so it was all new to me! (Still pissed we missed out on watching a six hour comp; I bet there's a lot more fun stuffed we missed).

Frank is such a terrible player. Does he really think Day doesn't know he tried his hardest to get her out last week? Does he really think that by throwing Nicole's name out there, he'll have the trust of Day, but still be good with Nicole/Corey? Honestly, wtf was he thinking doing that? Bridgette would've been better off if he had just kept his damn mouth shut. 

I do feel bad for Natalie, although it's clear she has no idea what kind of a game she's playing. 

• Love 4

For me, it's ok to distract HOH participants at a distance as Paul was doing but friggin Frank had no right to get into Da's face and make deals that he has no business making when he lost. If making deals for Bridgette, wasn't bad enough, it makes it so obvious that he controls Bridgette and her HOH. James would be a fool not to get one of them out. 

Big deal, Nicole telling Frank that Da wants him out before Victor. The hole house knew she was gunning for Frank. Da didn't commit to getting Victor out first. If Da won Frank would be put on the block. 

Frank has gone back on deal after deal so just STFU. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

LOL, but you also thought Tiffany was great, whereas IMO, she was humorless and lack any charisma on camera.

• Love 5

I don't know if I'm giving Paulie too much credit, but he seems to have...quasi-misted James (if the editing is anything to go by, which usually it isn't). But it's interesting that the narrative the show I thought chose to present was James waffling about putting up Frank and Bridgette, and then he's visited by Paulie and then he changed his mind.

I wonder if production is OK with losing Frank in favor of Paulie. By Frank's own admission, he's probably old for a modern BB player.

It also seems like the house is being run by a cadre of almost secret quasi-showmances (or man/woman pairs, to be fair since nobody has seemed to get the "bow-chicka-wow-wow" treatment). They comprise more than half the house. Split up those (not just Frank and Bridgette) and you suddenly have a lot more free agents. Wonder if anyone playing this game this year knows that...

• Love 3

I think it's pretty hilarious that James did exactly the same thing he did to Shelly and Clay last year, in exactly the same circumstances!  I only wish he had used the same nomination speech about the deal being null and void!

I'm kind of liking "laying low" Victor.  Plus, eye candy bonus...

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, escape said:

LOL, but you also thought Tiffany was great, whereas IMO, she was humorless and lack any charisma on camera.

So...you're judging me on my choice in favourites? I like Tiffany, I don't like Paul. Both are for completely different reasons. So what? I don't get the issue here. I find Paul's DRs annoying. I didn't care for Tiffany's DRs. What's the issue here?

4 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I don't know if I'm giving Paulie too much credit, but he seems to have...quasi-misted James (if the editing is anything to go by, which usually it isn't). But it's interesting that the narrative the show I thought chose to present was James waffling about putting up Frank and Bridgette, and then he's visited by Paulie and then he changed his mind.

I don't know if he quasi-misted James. I think that James knew what the house wanted, Paulie told him that he was good to protect James when he needed it...and James realized that Paulie didn't include Natalie in this protection. Maybe to him, it implied that Natalie would not be safe if James did his own thing. Sure, James has to watch out for his own game, but him and Natalie have a solid thing and neither were in any danger until that moment. Obviously it's tough to say why James did what he did, but he was going back and forth until Paulie maybe-or-not threatened Natalie's lack of safety. I think it was his after comment about them being a package deal that made me laugh, as Paulie has his own showmance in the house. 

At least, editing made it seem that way to me; maybe not to James. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So...you're judging me on my choice in favourites? I like Tiffany, I don't like Paul. Both are for completely different reasons. So what? I don't get the issue here. I find Paul's DRs annoying. I didn't care for Tiffany's DRs. What's the issue here?

I was responding to your comment as to why the guys seem to get more DR camera time than the girls. 

This really has nothing to do with gender.  TPTB is editing those soundbites that will get reactions - good or bad.   For example, I was not a fan of Jozea, but his DRs were entertaining, because they were so delusional over the top.

• Love 3
Just now, escape said:

I was responding to your comment as to why the guys seem to get more DR camera time than the girls. 

This really has nothing to do with gender.  TPTB is editing those soundbites that will get reactions - good or bad.   For example, I was not a fan of Jozea, but his DRs were entertaining, because they were so delusional over the top.

Ok, that's what I figured. I just feel like we aren't given the chance to hear some of the other DRs, though. Production is making their own judgment calls on what is entertaining and what isn't, and that's fair. But the guys all have seemed to get a lot of DRs. Some of the females have too, but we have barely heard any thoughts from Michelle or Zakiyah. Natalie gets minimal DRs and they're usually not game-related. 

I know that they have to get DRs based on what's going on in their episode's 'narrative', but more variety wouldn't hurt. Plus, I know Paul hasn't gotten THAT many DRs, but I find his DRs very annoying that it feels like he has gotten half of them. I don't find him funny in the slightest, personally. Jozea was funny, so his DRs were ok for me. Day's DRs are funny, but it doesn't mean that I always want to hear her DRs during every competition. 

So yeah, my comment was just about how annoying I find Paul and his DRs and I feel like we should be hearing from houseguests who have barely had DRs. Those houseguests happen to be female (Michelle, Zakiyah, Natalie). 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Do we think it's an accident that the end of episode narration said "will the veto be used to save Bridgette AND Frank" instead of "Bridgette OR Frank"?  I guess that's what the secret room is.  So of course Frank will find it.

I hadn't noticed that.  Very interesting.  I was so excited at the possibility of Frank being voted out (especially before the jury starts), but I guess the producers will find a way to get him back in.

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly didn't think it would be possible to detest Paul anymore than I already do but he was like that annoying housefly buzzing about that you just cannot swat. He was all over this episode...bothering the competitors while they were trying to focus, running about the house coming off for all the world like he was in charge or the HOH or something trying to manage Victor and generally controll things in the house. Why do they even listen to him and for jeezum sake why is a good looking guy like Paulie taking hair cut cues from this douche?

I like Nicole...but she wouldn't 'have had to do damage control if she'd kept her mouth shut. I don't like her turning on Day.

The brief clip of Zakiya and Michelle in bed together was appropriate because they are a pair that are unable to get any screen time on these broadcast shows we are watching. The pair could collectively-put a butter knife to someone's throat, clean a toilet with a tooth brush, throw a microphone pack in a pool, chest bump a rival or get a positive STD result and the producers would still NOT notice them or feature them! Has Zakiya even had a Diary Room in July?

Poor James...he's poised to have private time in the HOH with his main squeeze but his actions re: Bridgette would not surprise me if he gets the old "I've got a headache" from Natalie.

Bridgette meanwhile got "Kaysared" dropping her hand was him letting go of that key with assurances of safety. Who ever promises safety can usually be counted on to do the opposite.

On a positive note I LOVED the overhead shot of the sky over the BB house. We have not seen the sky over head since the early days when Allison and June went cruising over in the Goodyear Blimp or when fans use to send high flying banners over the house to try and relay info to the houseguests.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 8
(edited)

Noticed the 'Frank AND Bridgette' slip by the announcer as well.

They still haven't spoon-fed the secret room clues to one of the Hamsters yet ?  This group won't get it unless it was put up on the big TV or the Departures board in big blinking letters -- and even then it would be a maybe.

I thought Nicole's diary roooooooom sessions were baaaaaaaad, but listening to Da'vonne spit out those pre-written scripts is just painful.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Noticed the 'Frank AND Bridgette' slip by the announcer as well.

They still haven't spoon-fed the secret room clues to one of the Hamsters yet ?  This group won't get it unless it was put up on the big TV or the Departures board in big blinking letters -- and even then it would be a maybe.

I thought Nicole's diary roooooooom sessions were baaaaaaaad, but listening to Da'vonne spit out those pre-written scripts is just painful.

If Frank finds the hidden room, I would be more than pissed.  I wasn't too happy with Jeff getting the power nor when  Rachel got a power that saved her and Jordan, and I like them, but Frank and Bridgette get the power, I will go ape shit. In addition, TBTB went out of way to make sure they played to Victor's strengths to win the battle back isn't that enough manipulation?  Let them play. There is plenty of Drama without Frank. 

• Love 3

OMG.  How many times a day does Paul shout, "OHHHHHHHH!"?  I'm glad I don't have feeds this year.  I'd want to slit his throat.   And how do they not notice Paul bossing them all around?  It's like he's somehow convinced them, as well as himself, that he's been with them since the beginning.  I could respect that gameplay if he didn't irritate me so much.

I never like it when people don't adhere to deals during a comp, so I'm a little pissed at James for doing it again.  This isn't his HOH, it's Paul and Paulie's.  And it seemed super stupid to blindside Frank/Bridgette.  Natalie had very few allies, and now she has two less.  

I wish Victor could hear how Paul talks of him to the other side.   Paul speaks of him like a dim-witted yet obedient dog. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, poopchute said:

Interesting. I missed this (probably because I rarely, if ever, pay attention to the narration at the end of the episode). I will die laughing if Frank or Bridgette figure out the secret room stuff and there's a Cootie Taw hiding in there. Even if it's just the budget version of a Cootie Taw and they don't get to name their replacements. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Why can't Bridgette play her own game?   Tonight she had Frank making deals for her, and the implication is that she will do whatever he wants her to do.   Why can't she see that her allegiance to Frank is going to come back to haunt her?  

Nicole, you need to finally learn that whatever you say to one person about another, will come right back to the person you were talking about.   You cannot play two people against each other, pretending to side with each of them.  All it does is have both of them want to get back at you. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

Well, that was an interesting HOH comp. Long too. I'm sure those who dropped out earlier were glad for that spate of drama that happened, because I'm sure that was a very boring 6 hours, just sitting there waiting for it to be over. \

I loved watching Nicole squirm when she was thrown under the bus. That's what she gets. Why on earth would she think it's a good idea to talk to Frank when pretty much everyone in her alliance is gunning for him? Dumb, dumb move.

I also loved that Da' got her info from Frank, then proceeded to go back on her word to drop. I'm not big on "keeping your word" in this house. It's Big Brother. You gotta lie sometimes! I think it depends on who you're giving your word to. If James gave his word to Natalie and went back on that, I'd be bothered by it. But Da' and Frank are not working together, not even friends. So I don't give a flying fig.

Likewise I don't care that James went back on his word and put Frank and his puppet up. I despise Frank and want to see him gone ASAP. Other people may have forgotten his boorish behavior with the girls in the house, but I haven't. And I won't. And Bridgette - she's pathetic. She may have some amazing fortitude, but other than that, her game is crap. She literally looks at Frank for every single move she makes and it's so gross, to me. 

So yea, go ahead, James. Do what you gotta do. I tend to tire of the whole, "I don't want blood on my hands" thing, but sometimes that is a valid strategy. And I think it's the best course of action for James. He is part of the bigger alliance, but there are core members who are tighter than he is. It's too soon to try and break that up, and going along with what others want is a safe bet right now. He hasn't really been on anyone's radar, best to keep it that way. 

But I knew Vic coming back in would be boring as hell and not effect the game at all. He bro'd right up, just like I knew he would. It was funny, though, when everyone was in the other room freaking out about how Frank was sidling right up to Victor, and Paul was reassuring them that he can control Vic. And I'm like, "If you're so worried about it, go out there and talk TO Victor, instead of sitting around talking about him." 

One final thought - Ever since Tiffany upped the ante to "100,000%", I wouldn't be able to trust anyone who told me they had my back at only "100%". Sorry, not good enough.

• Love 9
(edited)

Julie teased the "secret room" twist a couple of episodes ago, and last night's show lingered on the signs that are posted around the house (which I assume are clues to the room) but no one found the room, which I find funny.  These people have a ton of down-time, and memory challenges are usually a big part of the final few competitions.  I recall other houseguests in the past wandering around and counting lights, paying close attention to items in the house, etc.  I don't watch the live feeds, is anyone doing this now?

The houseguests screaming "OOOOOOHHH!!" as Victor walked into the house, with no one approaching him (at first), was all kinds of weird.  Sometimes I wonder what instructions they are given.  This incident, for example, could read: "When your houseguest returns, everyone should immediately stand up and scream at him as if you've discovered a new breed of dinosaur, but are afraid to touch him in case he bites.  When your vocal cords are fried, and we have several minutes of footage of everyone looking utterly and completely shocked at this utterly shocking twist, you may approach your returning houseguest for a welcoming hug, as long as you continue to scream."

When Frank approaced Da' during the comp to have a "secret" discussion with her, I'm blown away that someone, ANYONE, didn't get up and immediately follow him in order to blatantly listen in.  Why did everyone just sit there and let him try and make a deal with her?

Nicole is a terrible liar.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6

Oh man, Nicole's voice drives me up the wall. I was trying to remember why I liked her back during her season. I realize it's because she and Donny had to fight against Derek and his bro gang and Frankie and toolbag Christine and whiny pawn Victoria.

Bridgette is so Stepford-y. Her DRs are so glassy-eyed and monotone.

• Love 3

I'm still speechless that anyone could hold there arm up for 6 dam hours! Trust and believe I'd be lucky to last 6 minutes. 

Paul is sooooo cute......until he hacked off his hair.Just UGH. And Paul and Paulie standing there talking in there matching haircuts and beards? They looked like the 2 guys on the cough drop box. 

• Love 5

Paul is sooooo cute......until he hacked off his hair.Just UGH. And Paul and Paulie standing there talking in there matching haircuts and beards?

Didn't Paul come into the house with his hair like that?  It was Paulie who shaved his head.  Or did Paul shave his hair further?

Frank is a jerk but I appreciate that he seems to genuinely feel bad for having led Bridgette down the garden path. Discussion question, would either of them be in a better spot if he'd let her nominate Nicorey like she wanted?

James doing the rest of the house's dirty work bothers me so much! I don't think it gets him or Natalie anything useful going forward, and what if he needs somebody to trust him later in the season.

• Love 1

Waiting to see Frank trip over the golden power of veto on a middle of the night bathroom visit...

I'm really surprised Frank was allowed to approach a player during the comp - I thought they had to stay in the little out area.  Not to mention why is he making Brigette's deals- maybe she didn't want a deal.  I did love how he called Nicole out...she is one of my least favorites, and she deserved it.

James and Natalie are very cute together.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Boilergal said:

Not to mention why is he making Brigette's deals- maybe she didn't want a deal.

Bridgette doesn't know what she wants. Frank tells her what she wants. She wouldn't bring her hand down until he told her to. She's useless.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm really surprised Frank was allowed to approach a player during the comp - I thought they had to stay in the little out area.

Frank does what he wants first, and apologizes (or not) for it later if needed.  (For example, him violating and disrespecting Da'Vonne until confronted - and then he offered his grandma excuse).   Throughout the seasons, the competitors in an endurance comp have been allowed to cut deals... why not a sidelined HG?  TPTB would've told Frank to move away had it been against the game's rules.  (Would've been awful had Da'Vonne accidently pulled her confetti down while dealing with Frank). Kind of makes me wonder what else the HGs could getaway with if they tried.

Edited by K-9
  • Love 1

Unless someone has physical issues or is terribly unfit (Meg), people who drop quickly in endurance comps reveal how safe they feel.  Paul is far too sure of his safety, IMO.  How do the others not see this? 

And watching the meeting held by Paul after Victor returned - absolutely ridiculous.  Every HG other than Victor/Frank/Bridgette, ringing their hands in terror - Oh!  How can we, the majority, fight off the three of them?  It's mathematically impossible.  It's not like we hold HOH.  Oh, we do?  Well ..... they're just so scary!  And then watching that big group, in full sincerity, watching Paul's grave face as he reassures them that he, and only he, can keep the mighty Victor in line.  Shades of Trump.  I had to snicker a little, because it played like pure satire, or an SNL skit.

And I know editing is manipulative, but I'm so tired of do-nothing mean girls, like Z and Michelle, smirking during the nomination ceremony.  I want to root for the girls, but they make it so hard.  I want a season with all lesbians.  That eliminates the possibilities of showmances and dickmatizing.  And by no means am I implying that women are incapable of playing this game without attaching themselves to an alpha male.  It's simply that Big Brother casts for that type.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Boilergal said:

Waiting to see Frank trip over the golden power of veto on a middle of the night bathroom visit...

I'm really surprised Frank was allowed to approach a player during the comp - I thought they had to stay in the little out area.  Not to mention why is he making Brigette's deals- maybe she didn't want a deal.  I did love how he called Nicole out...she is one of my least favorites, and she deserved it.

James and Natalie are very cute together.  

I think Bridgette definitely wanted Frank to make her a deal.  She was casting big cow eyes on her dad, I mean Frank, and crying that she was about to faint.  It actually felt a little manipulative on her part, so I'm not buying her helpless act.  In fact, it made me like her about an ounce more while watching how anxious she was making Frank.  I'm beginning to think he does care about her in a platonic way, and realizes he's tainted her by association.

I started out really liking Nicole, but I have no problem with Frank revealing what she told him.  Nicole makes absolutely no effort to protect Frank, but wants to keep him loyal to her while she rats out her teammates.  She's such a poor liar.  But she's not as stupid as I thought.  She realized Day was lying about believing her.

Still rooting for Day, James, and Natalie.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The brief clip of Zakiya and Michelle in bed together was appropriate because they are a pair that are unable to get any screen time on these broadcast shows we are watching. The pair could collectively-put a butter knife to someone's throat, clean a toilet with a tooth brush, throw a microphone pack in a pool, chest bump a rival or get a positive STD result and the producers would still NOT notice them or feature them! Has Zakiya even had a Diary Room in July?

Lolz...I was really trying to think of one you missed but no, I think you have them all covered.

Da' gives good diary imho. Really wished she told Frank to sit down when he started negotiating with her during HoH. She could've won the whole thing on her own. But I guess this way she still gets the nominees she wanted without "blood on her hands" and she can play next week. 

• Love 3

Michelle and Zakaya need to go. They are coasting. They don't do anything, yet Michelle acts like she's so tough. Corey hasn't done much either, but he's done more than them. I notice they don't smoke outside anymore. I only noticed it because so many use to spend time out there before. I wonder if it's a PC thing.

I was cringing when Victor bumbled up to James and Natalie and was like "Paul told me the plan and I'm good with the plan and he said the whole house is going along with the plan."  I was like ugh why are you so earnest?  You have to keep some things close to the vest bro!  I was surprised that James didn't nominate Paul for being stupid.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, innocuouspuff said:

Frank is a jerk but I appreciate that he seems to genuinely feel bad for having led Bridgette down the garden path. Discussion question, would either of them be in a better spot if he'd let her nominate Nicorey like she wanted?

I don't buy it.  I have a hard time believing anything about frank is "genuine."

2 hours ago, Boilergal said:

I'm really surprised Frank was allowed to approach a player during the comp - I thought they had to stay in the little out area

Yeah, that bothered me.  Da' was focused, needed to do what she could to win, Frank interrupting her concentration could have caused her to lose.  He had nothing to negotiate with, he was butting in "representing"  Bridgette.  Bridgette is a grown-up (whether she acts like one or not is another story), she can make her own deals. 

I wonder if other players taunting the one still in the competition would have been allowed. It does seem like there should have been a rule about it.  Other players were cheering from the sidelines, I bet if they thought it was OK, they would have moved closer to support/taunt/deal.   Or is it only allowed  if they are named Frank?

• Love 3

Was this the first episode that Victor saw Natalie with James? Vic definitely saw her kiss James.  That had to be a blow to Victor's ego that she went for a self-described "fat" guy over himself. 

• Love 3

I think most of the Frank interceeding part was just that they didn't want to have to shout about a possible deal in front of everyone as Bridge was on one side of the set and Da' was as far to the other side as possible. Not like either could walk closer. *shrug* NBD in my mind. I'd have told Paul to shut his stinkin trap though.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Still rooting for Day, James, and Natalie.

I think that's where I'm at at this point as well. I originally was rooting for Nicole, but she has really worn on my last nerve this season. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think most of the Frank interceeding part was just that they didn't want to have to shout about a possible deal in front of everyone as Bridge was on one side of the set and Da' was as far to the other side as possible. Not like either could walk closer. *shrug* NBD in my mind. I'd have told Paul to shut his stinkin trap though.

Sure, but Frank making deals in Bridgette's name carries the implication that she will agree to whatever he tells her to do.   I didn't like it.  There's only one winner,  Bridgette is letting herself be played by Frank, and he is taking full advantage. 

• Love 1