Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: All Bets Are Off

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, janie2002 said:

They had someone cast who was pretty, smart, tough, competitive, rich and had earned it all herself, good marriage and lovely kids... and Beth ran her off.

I still miss Heather!

I miss Heather, too.  She brought a lot of warmth and solidity to the feel of the show.  She's strong.  And brave.  And kind.  I miss that.  

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

In the beginning, Bethenny was more self deprecating not this vicious attacker we now see. It is possible that she just controlled herself better back then but now she doesn't even bother to rein in the vicious behavior, so we are seeing who she really is clearer.

Imo, Beth was always abrasive but she was not as mean spirited. It seems like she just gave up on any sense of civility. She goes after everyone and anyone while bitching that she has no friends.

On her radio show, she is so vitriolic, it is beyond the pale.

I know that she is hurting but she shows zero appreciation or gratitude for her life. 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This was supposed to be in response to the post about casting someone who can take on Bethenny w/the message Kelly tried to deliver..... They need to find out who Bethenny's BFF was in the racetrack days in NY growing up or in high school/boarding school and cast that person. B's nemesis. Then watch Bethenny's story unravel. Kinda like when Melissa Gorga got cast on NJ, a great foil to Tre's delusions. 

I bet she opened  up to B when they had the heart to heart the first time about her ED. 

Scoobiedoobs & Wirewrap the 3 of us are always on the same page with Bethenny however I could not disagree more that she has changed. Bethenny has ALWAYS been this girl she was just better at weaving her story arc when she was on her way up and did not have the big money yet. Now that she has it, it is FUCK everyone and fuck the consequences. I knew it immediately with the no parents, poor orphan, no advantages in life, scurried her way to the top w/no help blah blah. No one was tasting her samples in the damn grocery store. Her mouth got her air time while the kept throwing shit at the walls to see what would stick.  Her father died in November 09 when they were filming Season 3 and she inherited... my gut says she did, and a quite a lot. That's when the fuck you money came in to play then the spinoffs and the Beam deal. She has always been this person. She has/had parents, advantages (private school, education, Sweet 16 parties on a yacht, VERY influential father and stepfather) etc. Homeless. Lost at sea. Doesn't have parents. Bleeding out of every orifice. Vagina problems. Lies, lies lies.  She was always this girl. Just held it together better for self preservation. 

AGREED!

• Love 1

I think Ramona was right when she told Luann that she's 'in lust, not in love'.  I think Luann is the type of woman that just needs a man with her at all times. It's tedious for her to keep trying to find men to date constantly and needs that one man to be at her beck and call at all times. Yes, she married the Count after only knowing each other for two weeks and it the marriage lasted for 15 years. Luann was Alex's fourth wife and she divorced him after she found out about his affair with Ethiopian Princess Kemeria Abajobir Abajifar. So how many of those fifteen years were happy? Nobody knows but it would appear that the Count was somewhat of a philanderer and who knows if Luann was loyal to him either. She got engaged to Tom after knowing him for only a few weeks too, so history may repeat itself for Luann.

It's been established that Tom dated Ramona and dated Sonja 'on and off' for ten years. Is this really the man that Luann feels will be a loyal husband? I think infatuated love is blind and I think Luann is infatuated and 'in love with love'.

• Love 3

I just wish Frankel would stop sounding so rehearsed in her confrontations.  The one with Luann was like she was slamming Red Bull and rehearsing the whole way to Dorinda's.  And I think this one with Jules threw her off in good part because she wasn't ready.  I think she had some material (I wonder where she gets her trite shit from now TWOP is gone -- I once played a drinking game of her season two talking heads about Luann, Alex&Simon and Ramona and then did a search on the site and lo and behold,  it was like she was quoting them directly with her sharp and sassy "witticisms". ) but it wasn't tight or practiced enough because she figured she would be the one to initiate and take charge of yet another of her stupid needless pointless attacks.  Except to loft her ego like she went after Kelly and tried to sneer about fashion and then went all attention tarts and trollopes with her ad with Bluefly that was so rich with irony and hypocrisy my cholesterol levels rose each time I saw it. 

I think that is why she beat that type of retreat similar to her odd refusal to engage Kristin last season and then moved the short distance the venue allowed and tried to win Class President with the others. 

I think it is clear looking at her history.  Frankel was not raised by wolves.  She was raised by her babysitting charge Paris Hilton.  Because an adolescent spoiled rotten brat is what she still is clearly trying to aspire to be.  No worries HammerJaw, you getting there.  You getting there.

• Love 13

Thank you guys for being so compassionate, something Bethenny and Carole cannot manage.

As far as eating disorders and weight, I have not weighed myself since I was about 16 (I'm 45+). I don't own a scale. Jules probably just threw out 115 under duress. There are so many things they can talk about but they have been focused on Jules' body and food from the start. That will make someone like Jules (and me) feel cornered and very defensive. I hate when people watch me eat, and I often eat alone because of it. Whatever Jules is or isn't eating may have A LOT to do with being stared at and commented on. I wouldn't be able to eat.

And yes, Jules looked pained taking a bite of pizza. So what? Jesus of course she did after being grilled by Carole and made to feel like a freak. 

Jules isn't the greatest housewife, but I am seriously worried that these women are doing severe damage to any shred of recovery she has. We are always in recovery. Our whole lives.  

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I think Ramona was right when she told Luann that she's 'in lust, not in love'.  I think Luann is the type of woman that just needs a man with her at all times. It's tedious for her to keep trying to find men to date constantly and needs that one man to be at her beck and call at all times. Yes, she married the Count after only knowing each other for two weeks and it the marriage lasted for 15 years. Luann was Alex's fourth wife and she divorced him after she found out about his affair with Ethiopian Princess Kemeria Abajobir Abajifar. So how many of those fifteen years were happy? Nobody knows but it would appear that the Count was somewhat of a philanderer and who knows if Luann was loyal to him either. She got engaged to Tom after knowing him for only a few weeks too, so history may repeat itself for Luann.

It's been established that Tom dated Ramona and dated Sonja 'on and off' for ten years. Is this really the man that Luann feels will be a loyal husband? I think infatuated love is blind and I think Luann is infatuated and 'in love with love'.

Luann does not care about sexual faithfulness imo. Her marriage with Alex appears to have been an open relationship which came to an end when the Comte met the Princesse and filed for divorce.

Luann was ok being married with Alex while both of them lived their lives elsewhere. She did the same with Jacques.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

She might not be all that smart HOWEVER she verbalized and later wrote a blog that summarized what many viewers feel about Beth, therefore she is winning big time. 

As far as being New York, Jules is so New York.......I went to college in NYC with so many chicks like her...

I can't imagine the RHONY cast mixing with the BSH cast. They are so much younger and hipper. No bueno.

I agree with what Jules verbalized and wrote, but I still think she's boring, not particularly smart, and not particularly worldly. Just because she's dead on about Bethenny and Carole doesn't mean she makes for good TV. She's not as quick on her feet in way that she needs to be for TV nor is her personality big enough for the show. With Jules, everything feels like she's gotten to her breaking point when she erupts, but she seems to have a very passive personality.  Jules is New Yorky, but not in an interesting way. Jules is as interesting as a Thomas' plain bagel with an unflavored tofu schmear.

I don't really think that RHoNY cast would mix well with the Blood Sweat and Heels cast, but I think it could be like how the RHoBH cast will attend one of the Maloof's events or a party that Linda Thompson will throw. The last fashion shows they've attended were Elie Saab because of Kristen's nail polish and Sonja's.

I'm not thinking that they'd be really mixing with the BS&H ladies, but I think I'd much rather watch the RHoNY women at one of Mica, Chantell, or Arzo's events than a dry cleaning party, the Sushi Roxx opening, a Skinny Girl product launch, or a dog wedding. It only needs as much introduction as we were given for the dog wedding which was that Carole's dog had play dates with the Fat Jewish's dog and that Carole has become friendly with his girlfriend. We could have any of the wives say that they met one of the BS&H ladies at a party (who cares that it was the Bravo upfronts) and that new BS&H friend had invited them to an event. The BS&H women are younger, but not by much, but the RHoNY ladies could stand to be shaken up even if it is something that is too hip for them. The bonus is that Bethenny in trying to be hip will probably say something extremely offensive about black people.

• Love 3
  4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she apologized to Sonja but only time will tell if she really meant it.

I don't think she apologized, she legitimized, with weasel phrasing everywhere --  “I became like an animal, like that just..like (pick a verb!) enraged and I’m sorry for everything that happened” = emotional justification for what happened. (And not even for what she did, because Bethenny doesn't take ownership {heh!}  of her behaviour  She didn't do it, it “happened”. And any vague part she might have played was due to her being hurt: she's the real victim here! Not the woman she savaged and called disgusting, but poor being Beth driven to be part of "everything that happened" because she was hurt. Swear to god, classic narc behaviour.) A real apology would not include  emotional justification ( "I’m sorry I behaved like an animal towards you. I’m sorry for every rotten thing I did to you, including calling you awful names. Please forgive me") Instead, she did to Sonja what she did to Luann -- a variation on  "I'm sorry you made me behave so badly/ sorry the situation made me behave so badly" -- not "I behaved so badly".  Again, classic narc bullshit.

That is exactly what Bethenny does, she justifies her behavior and blames her target for making her go there. Something bullies and abusers do "You Made Me Do It", "You Made Me Hit You", "You Made Me" is their battle cry, hence removing any and all responsibility for what they said/did.

• Love 22
(edited)
2 hours ago, shoegal said:

This makes me think of Kim Richards.  If you have never, take a peek over at the RHOBH thread about Kim. 

Kim is very different from Jules -- Jules isn't abusing anyone on the show other than herself -- but yes, the Kim Richards thread hosted a great discussion. The mods were fantastic about allowing people to share their stories (about  addiction, or being abused by addicts, or both) Ongoing respect to everyone in that thread who shared hard truths.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I agree with what Jules verbalized and wrote, but I still think she's boring, not particularly smart, and not particularly worldly. Just because she's dead on about Bethenny and Carole doesn't mean she makes for good TV. She's not as quick on her feet in way that she needs to be for TV nor is her personality big enough for the show. With Jules, everything feels like she's gotten to her breaking point when she erupts, but she seems to have a very passive personality.  Jules is New Yorky, but not in an interesting way. Jules is as interesting as a Thomas' plain bagel with an unflavored tofu schmear.

I don't really think that RHoNY cast would mix well with the Blood Sweat and Heels cast, but I think it could be like how the RHoBH cast will attend one of the Maloof's events or a party that Linda Thompson will throw. The last fashion shows they've attended were Elie Saab because of Kristen's nail polish and Sonja's.

I'm not thinking that they'd be really mixing with the BS&H ladies, but I think I'd much rather watch the RHoNY women at one of Mica, Chantell, or Arzo's events than a dry cleaning party, the Sushi Roxx opening, a Skinny Girl product launch, or a dog wedding. It only needs as much introduction as we were given for the dog wedding which was that Carole's dog had play dates with the Fat Jewish's dog and that Carole has become friendly with his girlfriend. We could have any of the wives say that they met one of the BS&H ladies at a party (who cares that it was the Bravo upfronts) and that new BS&H friend had invited them to an event. The BS&H women are younger, but not by much, but the RHoNY ladies could stand to be shaken up even if it is something that is too hip for them. The bonus is that Bethenny in trying to be hip will probably say something extremely offensive about black people.

Are we to say that Jules is a one-hit wonder?

See, I looked at it this way....Everyone sucks when they start a new job. Some people catch on, others fail.

And how you fit in with the people that already work there is a huge part of the equation. It's rare that someone drops in and is able to mesh with the others.

Everyone talks a HUGE game, but as they say?

Your plans are useless once the bullets begin to fly - the real test is how you are found once the shooting stops and the smoke settles.

Jules took a broadside from the "Sea Witch" and much to Captain frankel's chagrin?

She sailed off, turned around and returned the favor - it might have not have had the violence of guns on beffy's ship - but it was good enough for Capt. frank-hell to realize that she might have 'awaken that sleeping giant', you know, that person that goes all Karate Kid on the Bully?

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/15/2016 at 4:09 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Scoobiedoobs & Wirewrap the 3 of us are always on the same page with Bethenny however I could not disagree more that she has changed. Bethenny has ALWAYS been this girl she was just better at weaving her story arc when she was on her way up and did not have the big money yet. Now that she has it, it is FUCK everyone and fuck the consequences. I knew it immediately with the no parents, poor orphan, no advantages in life, scurried her way to the top w/no help blah blah. No one was tasting her samples in the damn grocery store. Her mouth got her air time while the kept throwing shit at the walls to see what would stick.  Her father died in November 09 when they were filming Season 3 and she inherited... my gut says she did, and a quite a lot. That's when the fuck you money came in to play then the spinoffs and the Beam deal. She has always been this person. She has/had parents, advantages (private school, education, Sweet 16 parties on a yacht, VERY influential father and stepfather) etc. Homeless. Lost at sea. Doesn't have parents. Bleeding out of every orifice. Vagina problems. Lies, lies lies.  She was always this girl. Just held it together better for self preservation. 

Well, I agree, but some aspects of her personality have changed to a very noticeable degree since she became rich.  Oddly, she seems extremely unhappy, even exceptionally bitter -- more so apparently since she became rich.  Maybe not so oddly.  Could be due in large part to the divorce.  Watch the first 2 seasons & you'll see what I mean.  I really liked her back then.  Sure, she had a cutting, sharp sense of humor -- but she had a sense of humor & it made the show fun to watch.  Where is her sense of humor now?  Pretty much gone.

The first few seasons, I can't imagine ever calling Bethenny vile or evil or horrible.  Why?  Because she NEVER was that way.  Now, she's ONLY that way.  Hey, I don't get off on calling her evil, vile & horrible -- but I am like Bethenny (maybe in this way ONLY) in that I calls 'em as I sees 'em.  And this is ALL we see of her behavior this season -- that is, her being evil, vile & horrible.  And I hate watching it & probably won't be able to stand it much longer.

Also, Bethenny's status on the show changed drastically when she became rich.  The others became much more respectful of her.  And that's saying a lot for Lu & Moaner, who don't seem to respect anyone who doesn't have money.  And now she's a producer, so they're all in fear of her.  

Look, Bethenny really ain't so tough.  It's not especially impressive to say you could go toe-to-toe with her in real life.  Honestly, I get paid to crush people way tougher than Bethenny (legally) every day.  I could squash Bethenny like a bug (verbally, of course) without a second thought for breakfast & continue to take a bite on my bagel.  Yawn & ho-hum, another day in the life for me.  

And Carole?  Please.  I'm still reminded of what a chump she acted like on that blind date Lu set her up on with the gorgeous Nick Gregory.  Aviva is not "nothing".  Carole is a BIG nothing.  And her behavior on Twitter is making that all too obvious, eh?

Bethenny is scary in terms of her being on the show now.  Is she out of control?  I didn't think so, but now I'm not sure.  We don't know the inner workings of this show, we can only guess.  But there are many producers.  

Sure, Satan Andy heads this up, but I don't think he acts like a dictator.  I think he runs this in a cooperative way & he probably wants to keep Bethenny happy, so maybe he goes along with what she wants.  So kinda indirectly, she is running this show now.  Maybe she doesn't have the outright power to cast anyone or fire anyone all on her own.  I would think she'd need the approval of Satan Andy & the other producers.

The question is, are these producers ALL merely greenlighting every decision Bethenny makes (concerning this show) or is it more collaborative?  We don't know.  But everyone sure as shit is kissing up to her & is fearful of her now.  Do cast members know something we don't?  

Does Moaner know she can NEVER speak to Bethenny now like she did on the bridge because Bethenny would use her influence as a producer to fire her -- or get her fired?  This would certainly explain everyone's fear & terror of Bethenny we see so obviously this season.  But see, this fear affects the show -- terribly, to me.

OK, I'm no fan of Jules.  I think she's a mostly dull addition.  I'm defending her because that's just what I do -- I hate to see someone being treated so cruelly.  Glad to see she spoke up for herself & pointed out Bethenny's behavior for what it was -- cruel, vile & horrible.  Sorry for being repetitive about that (not really), but that's exactly what it was.  

What I'm wondering is if ANY of the producers would stand up to Bethenny if they thought she was going too far with her cruelty & nastiness & horribleness?  I kinda doubt it.  Satan Andy seems to be thrilled to promote anything she does.

Are the producers as terrified & trembling with fear of Bethenny as the cast members seem to be?  Or do the producers think we wanna see Bethenny behave so hatefully?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This was supposed to be in response to the post about casting someone who can take on Bethenny w/the message Kelly tried to deliver..... They need to find out who Bethenny's BFF was in the racetrack days in NY growing up or in high school/boarding school and cast that person. B's nemesis. Then watch Bethenny's story unravel. Kinda like when Melissa Gorga got cast on NJ, a great foil to Tre's delusions. 

How about B's friend from high school whose husband B is currently fucking?

• Love 17
(edited)

Usually I don't like to think about producer intervention when I'm watching reality shows.  I'd rather just not think about that stuff.  I'd rather just be entertained.  The prob is I'm not entertained much by this show anymore.  

When they're throwing out so much hatefulness & cruelty & nastiness (and thanks a fuckin' lot for it, Bethenny), I kinda defensively shut down & wanna tune out the negativity & horribleness & ugly behavior/attitudes & think about other stuff.  So I almost feel like the producers (Satan Andy, Bethenny & the anonymous others) are forcing me to think about producer intervention because I can't stand the hatred they're throwing at me when I watch this thing.

So here's what I'm wondering now.  Maybe those who feel little sympathy for Jules have a point.  Maybe producers planned everything we saw & told Jules about it & she knew what would be coming.  I mean, that Bethenny would be attacking her for her ED's.  So if this is the case, and Jules knew she would be attacked & her ED's would be openly discussed on cam, does this mean she doesn't deserve any sympathy?  Idk, I still sympathize with her -- even if she was aware, to whatever extent, her ED's would be discussed.

I have a hard time believing Jules knew she was going to be mocked & joked about for having ED's.  I mean, God, that was just so foul & ugly.  How can even the Bethenny super-fans justify such ugliness?  And I wonder how Heather (who is basically a nice & decent woman) feels about her good pal Carole behaving in such a heinous, hideous & hateful way, merely because she's so desperate to stay on the show, she'll obey whatever Bethenny commands her to do.

I'm also wondering if Satan Andy & the other producers are purposely encouraging Bethenny to act as horrible & hateful as possible.  And could it actually be Satan Andy who is directing (ordering) Carole to be Bethenny's subserviant friend (or more like timid obedient follower) & ceaseless supporter/defender?  

So maybe Bethenny (or even Carole) is not the one to blame for the ugly behavior we're seeing.  Maybe it's Satan Andy, who has created all of this, & fostered this, & maybe even relishes this hatred & horribleness of Bethenny & Carole.  Well, just a theory.  Not farfetched tho.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Too easy!  And too right!

I have a back up.  A bit more of an outlier.  But still a high school friend if I recall correctly.  For those that saw it, wasn't Frankel claiming she was supposed to win the Martha Stewart Apprentice show?  Told she was going to win by Martha herself and then had it taken away right before the reveal because she was close family friends with one of the chief executives at Martha Stewart Inc.?  Through a daughter her age that she went to school with?  There was quite a bit of rancor with all involved and Frankel pretty much tried to put this guy in the middle.  I think that family could put a member forth who might have some real interesting stories about Frankel back before fame, fortune and the current face that Ty Pennington seems to have had a hand in producing. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, I agree, but some aspects of her personality have changed to a very noticeable degree since she became rich.  Oddly, she seems extremely unhappy, even exceptionally bitter -- more so apparently since she became rich.  Maybe not so oddly.  Could be due in large part to the divorce.  Watch the first 2 seasons & you'll see what I mean.  I really liked her back then.  Sure, she had a cutting, sharp sense of humor -- but she had a sense of humor & it made the show fun to watch.  Where is her sense of humor now?  Pretty much gone.  And those first seasons, I can't imagine ever calling her vile or evil or horrible.  Why?  Because she NEVER was that way.  Now, she's ONLY that way.  Hey, I don't get off on calling her evil, vile & horrible -- but I am like Bethenny (maybe in this way ONLY) in that I calls 'em as I sees 'em.  

I had to stop at that last sentence? I kinda doubt you are "Like beffy".

Most of us call it like we see it, but in more controlled or polite and friendly way?

Every One Has The Right To Flip the Fuck Out a few times.

A few times.

But remember not to do it in front of a camera or people you know.

Losing your shit on camera isn't fun?

• Love 3
(edited)

Just a note-Andy Cohen has addressed the rumor several times about Bethenny being a producer of the RHONY.  She is NOT a producer.  She has another media deal with Radio Andy and has her own show there.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191056/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I think at this juncture on the show what the producers are showing us is Luann and Sonja's successful coup d etat.  Sonja and Luann had a late start due to contract negotiations. What started at the beginning of the season with Luann groveling to Bethenny to try and right some wrong over the summer has become Luann telling the others, "enjoy your fibroids and bus ride to Mohegan Sun, I am newly engaged and off to Aspen."  Sonja was being systematically eliminated, and yes having a get together and voting on who goes on a company trip would be the ultimate in talking behind someone's back.  It was Luann who took the reigns and stood up for Sonja taking a big one in the chin from Bethenny.  She didn't back down.  What Bethenny did not count on, was the drink night with Luann.  She was all cool and late and wanted to make it about her effing fibroids, dress Luann down one more time and have her grovel, what she did not count on Luann had moved on, she was happy and the Queen Bee did know how to respond.  Luann was essentially telling Bethenny I accept your invitation and if not, I don't care.  Imagine if Bethenny would have known about the Luann special being filmed. (When asked if the others knew Luann replied, "Andy is not crazy.")  Carole and Bethenny stood up (not even responding with a regret) to Luann's cocktail party and then hold yet another stupid meeting decrying Luann's  lack of involvement with the group.  Gee, I wonder why?

Film crews are engaged and Bethenny has decided she won't invite Luann to Mexico, the big trip of the season, because Luann failed to grovel and Bethenny wants to dictate how Luann can behave. Dorinda is called in one more time to try and smooth things over.  Bethenny and Ramona have the chance to be happy for Luann, no one has ever thank anyone for being skeptical about their betrothed, no one ever, when they have accepted the proposal.  Of all people to become upset with Bethenny's little stunt about talking smack about Tom, is the meek and mild Jules. So now the trip has no Sonja, no Luann and no Jules.  Betehnny is left scrambling because it is her trip focusing on her effing Skinnygirl swill.  Bethenny is smart enough to realize the viewers would rather see a RH in love and making wedding plans, than talk about her vagina any longer.

Now they are on a bus and Bethenny decides it is time to make a move on Sonja in hopes of reviving her trip.  Bethenny can't leave well enough alone and again has to blast Luann's engagement announcement-somehow expecting after telling Luann off for referring to her as family, calling her a whore, slut, plastic fuck doll, and bringing up her fiancé in a derogatory way she would get a text.  Luann has successfully shut Bethenny out of her life.  It is now up to Ramona and Dorinda to shift their Bethenny butt kissing duties and go where the cameras are.  Carole, who really doesn't want to work for a living, wisely covers her bases by being civil and appropriate to Luann and giving up her quest for Luann to grovel.

Luann regardless of her past has managed to have the show on her terms.  Expect Bethenny to crap on Luann's happiness a time or two more because that is what a morally superior person like Bethenny will do.  She won't hesitate to use her "health" issues.  As a viewer it became less and less entertaining to watch Bethenny implode at every opportunity.  

Ramona wrote a blog-just about Luann.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-singer-stop-listen-and  It may be just me but I think it is kind of stupid to tell someone what they did, when they are relying on a third party's account and were not present.  At this point Tom had already given his story of the meeting at the Mark Hotel to the Bravo Daily Dish.  Ramona talking about relying on a man is kind of joke since she spent the better part of seven years telling us how wonderful Mario was, and their perfect marriage and how important his opinion was.  I don't know if jealous is the right word, but I do think the others were taken back Luann was able to find happiness so quickly and won't let the others bring her down.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Just a note-Andy Cohen has addressed the rumor several times about Bethenny being a producer of the RHONY.  She is NOT a producer.  She has another media deal with Radio Andy and has her own show there.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191056/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I think at this juncture on the show what the producers are showing us is Luann and Sonja's successful coup d etat.  Sonja and Luann had a late start due to contract negotiations. What started at the beginning of the season with Luann groveling to Bethenny to try and right some wrong over the summer has become Luann telling the others, "enjoy your fibroids and bus ride to Mohegan Sun, I am newly engaged and off to Aspen."  Sonja was being systematically eliminated, and yes having a get together and voting on who goes on a company trip would be the ultimate in talking behind someone's back.  It was Luann who took the reigns and stood up for Sonja taking a big one in the chin from Bethenny.  She didn't back down.  What Bethenny did not count on, was the drink night with Luann.  She was all cool and late and wanted to make it about her effing fibroids, dress Luann down one more time and have her grovel, what she did not count on Luann had moved on, she was happy and the Queen Bee did know how to respond.  Luann was essentially telling Bethenny I accept your invitation and if not, I don't care.  Imagine if Bethenny would have known about the Luann special being filmed. (When asked if the others knew Luann replied, "Andy is not crazy.")  Carole and Bethenny stood up (not even responding with a regret) to Luann's cocktail party and then hold yet another stupid meeting decrying Luann's  lack of involvement with the group.  Gee, I wonder why?

Film crews are engaged and Bethenny has decided she won't invite Luann to Mexico, the big trip of the season, because Luann failed to grovel and Bethenny wants to dictate how Luann can behave. Dorinda is called in one more time to try and smooth things over.  Bethenny and Ramona have the chance to be happy for Luann, no one has ever thank anyone for being skeptical about their betrothed, no one ever, when they have accepted the proposal.  Of all people to become upset with Bethenny's little stunt about talking smack about Tom, is the meek and mild Jules. So now the trip has no Sonja, no Luann and no Jules.  Betehnny is left scrambling because it is her trip focusing on her effing Skinnygirl swill.  Bethenny is smart enough to realize the viewers would rather see a RH in love and making wedding plans, than talk about her vagina any longer.

Now they are on a bus and Bethenny decides it is time to make a move on Sonja in hopes of reviving her trip.  Bethenny can't leave well enough alone and again has to blast Luann's engagement announcement-somehow expecting after telling Luann off for referring to her as family, calling her a whore, slut, plastic fuck doll, and bringing up her fiancé in a derogatory way she would get a text.  Luann has successfully shut Bethenny out of her life.  It is now up to Ramona and Dorinda to shift their Bethenny butt kissing duties and go where the cameras are.  Carole, who really doesn't want to work for a living, wisely covers her bases by being civil and appropriate to Luann and giving up her quest for Luann to grovel.

Luann regardless of her past has managed to have the show on her terms.  Expect Bethenny to crap on Luann's happiness a time or two more because that is what a morally superior person like Bethenny will do.  She won't hesitate to use her "health" issues.  As a viewer it became less and less entertaining to watch Bethenny implode at every opportunity.  

Ramona wrote a blog-just about Luann.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/ramona-singer/ramona-singer-stop-listen-and  It may be just me but I think it is kind of stupid to tell someone what they did, when they are relying on a third party's account and were not present.  At this point Tom had already given his story of the meeting at the Mark Hotel to the Bravo Daily Dish.  Ramona talking about relying on a man is kind of joke since she spent the better part of seven years telling us how wonderful Mario was, and their perfect marriage and how important his opinion was.  I don't know if jealous is the right word, but I do think the others were taken back Luann was able to find happiness so quickly and won't let the others bring her down.

Although Bethenny is not an official "producer" on the show, she wields more power than the rest of the women combined, enough to equal an EP thanks to her very close personal friendship with Andy. Add in that  Bethenny is the one saying that Bravo/production turn to her when they are considering hiring someone new for the show. I haven't heard any other HW on any show make that claim. Heck, she even takes credit for Aviva getting hired even though she was not a cast member at the time.

Spoiler

Oh, and it looks like Bethenny did go to Miami and once again, she takes credit for the big surprise that happens there! http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/15/bethenny-frankel-carole-radziwill-talk-new-housewives-upcoming-episodes-luanns-wedding-reunion/

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Has anyone here ever read "A Child Called It"?  That poor boy was truly raised by wolves....worse than wolves.  And yet he doesn't go around life being a mean asshole.  He's not feeling sorry for himself.  He took his terrible life experience and used it to help others.  Why doesn't Bethenny?  She can go out and motivationally  speak to others (like Dave Pelzer does) about so many things: eating disorders, rough childhood, gambling, divorce.  She's in survival mode and she's looking down on anyone who can't achieve that. She doesn't like anyone else to show emotion because she went through it all.  Gimme a break. Show some compassion, girl. Remember when you needed it?  And obviously still do. Yes, she became a success but that doesn't mean anything because it's obvious she's still terribly messed up.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Hmmmm.  I mean no disrespect but man this is very insulting to those of us that do not hate Bethenny.

Natalie,

that post was  in response to an earlier one that mentioned the fanatical way Beth's fans defend her on twitter. those frankel defenders are on a different planer from the posters here. If you took my observations on the twitter bots as an attack on the posters here, then I do apologize. I do recognize that people have different responses, and most here are articulate, if not downright shrewd and funny, in taking opposing views. Again, I am sorry for having offended you.

• Love 13

I so wish Heather would have returned this season.  Now SHE could handle Bethenny.  Love her!!

Kristen was much more entertaining than Jules.  With all the drama, I still find her incredibly boring.  I'm not interested in her marriage or eating habits.  

I hope Lu lives happily ever after and flips the bird to these broads.

This season has just sucked.  Not even a great trip to watch.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Natalie,

that post was  in response to an earlier one that mentioned the fanatical way Beth's fans defend her on twitter. those frankel defenders are on a different planer from the posters here. If you took my observations on the twitter bots as an attack on the posters here, then I do apologize. I do recognize that people have different responses, and most here are articulate, if not downright shrewd and funny, in taking opposing views. Again, I am sorry for having offended you.

Thank you for explaining because I also read your post and was like....what??!!

(edited)
14 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I have a back up.  A bit more of an outlier.  But still a high school friend if I recall correctly.  For those that saw it, wasn't Frankel claiming she was supposed to win the Martha Stewart Apprentice show?  Told she was going to win by Martha herself and then had it taken away right before the reveal because she was close family friends with one of the chief executives at Martha Stewart Inc.?  Through a daughter her age that she went to school with?  There was quite a bit of rancor with all involved and Frankel pretty much tried to put this guy in the middle.  I think that family could put a member forth who might have some real interesting stories about Frankel back before fame, fortune and the current face that Ty Pennington seems to have had a hand in producing. 

One of the "judges" on that show was Charles Koppelman, an executive at Martha Stewart Living. Bethenny had dated his son Brian some time before the show. She's also friends with Jenny (Koppelman) Hutt.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3

I don't see Beth as pseudo producer on the show but rather as a 'star' in the minds of Andy (Bravo) as well as the production company.  This was the belief when they brought her back and I think they believed she would be a ratings magnet.  Last season 'was' Bethenny Starting Over with product placement just about every episode.  But it didn't have the impact (aka the ratings) that they hoped and viewers weren't as happy as they thought.  We saw  a season of Beth crying about her daughter and flipping out on people for no good reason  (Kristen, Heather).  Heather, who was IMO the strongest and smartest personality on the show previously to Beth's return was nice and sympathetic to Beth but she was competition.  Beth doesn't like competition and Heather was basically frozen out as a 'Housewife'.  IIRC, she had two packages the whole season.  So she said screw this to concentrate on her ever growing business full time.  Kristen did confront Beth and she got fired.

As this season was being filmed, I think production started to realize that Bethenny Starting Over isn't much 'fun'.  Don't get me wrong, Beth still has some star power (Bravowise)  but the star is getting more and more tarnished.  Beth comes off even worse than she did last season.  And this season is shorter by two episodes.  I'm assuming this is because they didn't go to Mexico.  Beth had her health scare - that was her storyline.  Kissing Beth's ass does not make for an interesting season.  How many Skinnygirl promotional segments do the viewers want to see?  The one liners are stale.  And Beth has become more and more cutting and mean.

Heck, if we didn't have Lu getting engaged or Sonja being contracted for Tipsy Girl, what would we have?  There wasn't any fun.  There were hardly any moments of craziness and laughs.  The season was just not enjoyable.  And that all goes back to Beth.

It's kind of sad that the highlight of the season was Jules, a person who I was pretty meh about all season and fairly uninteresting, and Lu stood up to Beth and called her out.  Beth is fake, bitter, really 'f' upped and is killing this franchise.  But I guess she'll do anything for attention.  If she didn't give any 'f's, she wouldn't have come back to RHNY but she did.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh Carole!!  People who live in penthouses call them penthouses in answer to your question:  "Who says that?"  You ignorant, nothing broad!!!

I'm going to defend Carole on this one. Carole knows that people call penthouses "penthouses." Carole was pointing out a particular rhetorical strategy that LuAnn tends to use when an argument starts to brew. LuAnn will ramp up the bragging about her fabulous life or start making shady digs about one of the ladies, give a haughty laugh, and then peace out.

LuAnn did a bit of that when she met with Bethenny about the Mexico trip. It was all "you're not feeling well. I'm sorry. I'm feeling great because I'm in love. I met the man of my dreams. The kids love him. Alex loves him. You wouldn't know anything about that because you can't stay friends with your exes. I'm friends with my exes, unlike you. You're alone. Oh about Mexico, I'd love to go. I have to go. I'm meeting the man I'm in love with. We have tickets to see Tommy Tune. Can you get the drinks? I'm in love!! Haha haha! I'm going to see Tommy Tune."

LuAnn used it in the finale of season 7 when she was arguing with Carole about Adam. LuAnn said something about not dating a man that much younger because you don't want your kids to see that. Carole says she's not a mother. LuAnn snidely says something like "that's right, you don't have children." LuAnn then laughs and flounces away.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

PERFECT! Or find a mutual friend of both... Even better.

Bethennys father and stepfather were superstars in horse racing there have to be tons of choices in those circles of his horse owners whose wealthy kids Bethenny ran with back when. 

13 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I thought that was Jennifer Koppelman Hutt. JKH learned to speak bitch from Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis-they had or still have a radio show together- but I think JKH is a happy go lucky people pleaser idk if she'd go after Bethenny. 

• Love 4

I think the season is going to change, and change dramatically over the next few episodes. I think it is going to be revealed that Dorinda was doing much more pot stirring than we are aware (and we are aware of plenty). I believe that she was talking as much about Jules and her marriage/ED as anyone else was doing. Maybe with sympathy, but talking about concerns and issues with the other gals. Carole and Beth are expressing any issues directly to Jules. While Jules might think they are talking about her behind her back, they are pretty open and up front with her. Carole takes her questions/concerns directly to her. Beth is not pretending that she believes Jules is a genius in front of her and saying something different when she is not in the room. She is asking for a verb right to her face. I think that Dorinda on the other hand, is expressing stuff with the other woman behind their backs. We have seen her do it by participating in the conversation about should they/should they not invite Sonja to Mexico. She was part of the group saying she probably shouldn't go, but never told that to Sonja on the retelling. She told Sonja that others didn't want her to go, upsetting Sonja, but never told her that she agreed. She went to Lu and told her that Ramona was badmouthing her, but then denied it later on. By the previews for the next episode, when Carole asks Dorinda why Jules is so upset, Dorinda tells her that she doesn't really know, when she knows very well and has been working Jules up. Dorinda is actually at the heart of most of the drama and it will be delicious to see it all revealed. 

• Love 5

Sonja’s dinner party

The intercom system.  The main instruction was to scream loud enough so that guests could hear their voices as the phone on the table is just a prop.

I do not get why Sonja would think Duane Reade or Con Edison would be stopping by at NIGHT

Those weren’t napkins. They were half sides of a sham case. At the next dinner Sonja throws it’ll be the monogrammed bath towels super absorbent napkins from 1752 that were used when serving lobster or other messy finger foods.

Jules in her TH shot. I mean, do I know how to make a match or do I know how to make a match? Look at these two. He’s getting laid tonight. – How is this is an example of Jules’ sense of humor making fun of herself.

I totally felt sorry for Michael. He is clueless that Jules and Dorinda have been the ones discussing his parenting skills and marital issues.  Oh and here is yet another scene where Michael is NOT on the phone.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Luann does not care about sexual faithfulness imo. Her marriage with Alex appears to have been an open relationship which came to an end when the Comte met the Princesse and filed for divorce.

Luann was ok being married with Alex while both of them lived their lives elsewhere. She did the same with Jacques.

Are we going to assume she will have the same type if marriage with the 'love of her life' Tom? Perhaps both of them will eventually fall out of the lust stage of their love and fall into the mundane everyday life of two married people. Will that be enough of an excuse for them to forsake their marriage vows to pursue open relationships with other and still maintain a marriage? If this is Luann's modus operandi' as far as relationships go then why legitimize the union at all? Why doesn't she just live with Tom in the same way she lived with Jacques? It's definitely a less messy dissolution of a relationship when it's not legally binding.

Edited by HumblePi
35 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She wasn't her friend. They knew each other a long time ago. 

Here is what is weird about Bethenny talking about her married boyfriend.  She said something to the effect. "we have known each other for years, we ran in the same circles."  Well he was married at 23 years old and is a four years older than Bethenny,  running in the same circles, so it would seem however well she knew Dennis she would have known his wife.   It is some sort of weird plausible deniability. What is a little fake on Bethenny's part is bringing up to Luann that her Tom has dated the other women.  She conveniently leaves out that she is dating someone whose estranged wife she was also acquainted.  Had Bethenny said, "I am dating someone whose ex I went to high school with, small world indeed," it would have been a more genuine moment.  Instead it was exaggerated-you three have dated "lot of the same men," well no the number would be one. 

So I don't think you get it have it both ways.  If she knew Dennis she knew his wife as well.  Maybe someday Dennis' wife will elaborate. 

• Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Does Moaner know she can NEVER speak to Bethenny now like she did on the bridge because Bethenny would use her influence as a producer to fire her -- or get her fired?  This would certainly explain everyone's fear & terror of Bethenny we see so obviously this season.  But see, this fear affects the show -- terribly, to me.  OK, I'm no fan of Jules.  I think she's a mostly dull addition.  I'm defending her because that's just what I do -- I hate to see someone being treated so cruelly.  Glad to see she spoke up for herself & pointed out Bethenny's behavior for what it was -- cruel, vile & horrible.  Sorry for being repetitive about that (not really), but that's what it was.  What I'm wondering is if ANY of the producers would stand up to Bethenny if they thought she was going too far with her cruelty & nastiness & horribleness?  I kinda doubt it.  Satan Andy seems to be thrilled to promote anything she does.

Agreed.  Ramoana is now bowing to her Godfather. I miss the Ramoana that would tell her, "You'll probably screw that up too" versus the one who kowtows to Beth.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
On July 14, 2016 at 11:22 AM, archer1267 said:

LuAnn is competitive. I'm sure she sees this as a victory rather than a red flag. Also, I watched her Bravo TV special. She basically ran off with the Count while she was living with a boyfriend in Italy. (The boyfriend was out of town at the time.) I think LuAnn just goes for what she wants when she wants it - the pirate is a good example. She had Jacques at home and the cameras were rolling, but she wanted Tomas, propriety be damned! ################ Sorry, I am having a problem with quoting posts, but I agree with you 100%.  What did she say on the sidewalk to Ramona? "Tom is a man. I am a woman.  People get hurt.  It happens.  Big deal." (Or something to that effect.)  Lu pushes that attitude when she benefits from it, but when Carole started dating Adam, Carole is the insensitive one.

I have become cynical. If Lu's marriage to the Count lasted 16 years, after they rushed into marriage after knowing each other only a few weeks, I believe it is only because Lu MADE it work: she wanted to be a countess.  If she had to tolerate bad behavior from him, then she did, bc she loooooved being a countess. If her marriage to Tom lasts more than a year, it will be because she prefers being married to a millionaire than being a single woman who has to live in Sonja's unheated spare room.

• Love 3

I find any suggestion by Bethenny that she was informed she would win The Apprentice ludicrous. If anything, I thought that Martha could barely conceal her dislike of Bethenny early on and that B made it to the end game simply by virtue of the fact that Dawna's team enjoyed a lengthy winning streak. Charles Koppleman seemed ready to drop the axe on her when she couldn't get furniture from Crate & Barrel delivered for a challenge that was solely about decorating a hotel suite. I remember one exchange in which B, running her mouth, declared she was so "embarrassed" by her performance "that she wanted to cry" and Martha told her she would be gone on the spot if she did. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Engaged.jpg

According her last Twitter selfie, it looks like she's engaged.   This pic had the caption, "How'd we do?"  How fun, maybe she and LuAnn can shop for wedding dresses together!

No telling whether it's true or not.  She could be playing around and looking for more attention - wouldn't want to let The Countess have the entire bride-to-be spotlight all to herself!

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bethenny gets arrested for bigamy?  That'll give Satan Andy's scriptwriters some ideas!  Or is it an engagement with zero chance of marriage?

Doesn't much matter because Her Highness, the Bethenny monster, has ruled nothing can be shown about her personal life.  All must fall in line & obey the Bethenny monster's commands.  Or she will obliterate & destroy any & all near her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Bethenny gets arrested for bigamy?  That'll give Satan Andy's scriptwriters some ideas!  Or is it an engagement with zero chance of marriage?

Doesn't much matter because Her Highness, the Bethenny monster, has ruled nothing can be shown about her personal life.  All must fall in line & obey the Bethenny monster's commands.  Or she will obliterate & destroy any & all near her.

My guess is that poor Dennis will be her next ex-husband.

• Love 1

Guys... Again I have to ask you all to watch your tone towards each other and really any fans of any housewife. People are allowed to like who they like. Stop questioning that. 

Additionally, let's please remember what thread we are in. It isn't the Martha Stewart Apprentice thread and it isn't the Bethenney thread. Talk about this episode here. All other stuff should be in Beth's thread. Thanks. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think the season is going to change, and change dramatically over the next few episodes. I think it is going to be revealed that Dorinda was doing much more pot stirring than we are aware (and we are aware of plenty). I believe that she was talking as much about Jules and her marriage/ED as anyone else was doing. Maybe with sympathy, but talking about concerns and issues with the other gals. Carole and Beth are expressing any issues directly to Jules. While Jules might think they are talking about her behind her back, they are pretty open and up front with her. Carole takes her questions/concerns directly to her. Beth is not pretending that she believes Jules is a genius in front of her and saying something different when she is not in the room. She is asking for a verb right to her face. I think that Dorinda on the other hand, is expressing stuff with the other woman behind their backs. We have seen her do it by participating in the conversation about should they/should they not invite Sonja to Mexico. She was part of the group saying she probably shouldn't go, but never told that to Sonja on the retelling. She told Sonja that others didn't want her to go, upsetting Sonja, but never told her that she agreed. She went to Lu and told her that Ramona was badmouthing her, but then denied it later on. By the previews for the next episode, when Carole asks Dorinda why Jules is so upset, Dorinda tells her that she doesn't really know, when she knows very well and has been working Jules up. Dorinda is actually at the heart of most of the drama and it will be delicious to see it all revealed. 

Without a doubt, Dorinda has been stirring the pot big time. I suspect it is a bit of payback to Bethenny for all the nasty talk she has done about John. That said, Bethenny and Carole have discussed Jules/ED on camera quite a few times but not with Jules face to face. Both times Carole approached Jules about ED it was not coming from a supportive or even a inquisitive place but a more OMG what are you doing stance. And outside the 1 time Bethenny/Jules talked about it, this last time, Bethenny made it all about her and nothing about Jules. For Bethenny it was a way to show why she isn't trying to get to know Jules, why she kept her at arms length, it was another "feel bad about me, me, me" approach instead of "I am worried about YOU" approach.  

I am all for Dorinda getting exposed for her antics but I want Bethenny and Carole held to the same standard as well. All 3 would crumble if the truth about each of them were exposed. LOL

• Love 3

Dorinda is indeed stirring the pot but, to me, she just doesn't seem to be doing it maliciously. But I could have easily missed a lot. I don't think I've made it through an entire episode yet.

It feels like everything B does is done with malice and comes from a place of "NO".

• Love 9

So could Dorinda be stirring the pot -- by telling Jules that Bethenny is shitting on her for her ED's? And the reason is payback for her shitty treatment of John?  If she did that, hey, I'd say Hooray, Amen & Right on, Dorinda!  This is the way to go against the Bethenny monster now.

Bethenny is Godzilla (well, on the show now anyway).  You can't go face-to-face with Godzilla cuz Godzilla (er, Bethenny) will pick you up & take a few bites -- just until you're in the most unbearable pain possible, but not dead, cuz she wants you to experience the pain -- cuz she's the evil Bethenny monster.  Then she'll spit you out, while laughing at you writhing in pain & agony.  Yup, that's the Bethenny monster.  So who would wanna deal with that shit?

Nah, Dorinda is playing the Bethenny monster in a clever way -- if she really is trying to get back at her for shitting on John. She's going after the Bethenny monster (uh, Godzilla) indirectly.  Smart gal, that Dorinda.  Except maybe not really.  Satan Andy is the Bethenny monster's palsy walsy.  He ain't your friend, Dorinda.  He will out you to the Bethenny monster in a sec (or order Carole or Moaner to) -- cuz he's Satan Andy & that's the kinda evil manipulative shit he always does.

I predict some kinda Godzilla-attacks-bites-&-spits-out scene between the Bethenny monster & Dorinda.  Nobody messes with the Bethenny monster without severe & sinister consequences.  Cue skeery music.  OK, so now this show is like a Godzilla movie? Where's the bad dubbing?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

One of things that is an epic fail on the producers part is when they don't let someone fully explain something.  Take Jules labia injury, she had not seen Bethenny and when she thought she would get her chance to explain-Bethenny cut her off.  Bethenny cut her off as she had already heard the story.  It would have been far better for the show for Bethenny to have asked, "why were you calling through a window?".  Instead we got the rude verb diatribe.   Another instance where Bethenny cut off Ramona about which house she should downsize to was actually helpful and good for the viewers as Ramona was asking for advice from Luann and then wanting to fight with Luann.  Bethenny stepped in and pointed out Ramona had answered her own question and was not ready to make a decision.  In that case she moved a stalled conversation along.  Otherwise between the texting each other and producers providing reasons for people not attending-we the viewers don't get to gauge the situation.  I mean do Luann and Bethenny normally text each other constantly, Bethenny seesm to point out how dutiful Ramona is to her bleeding situation.  If Carole, Ramona and Dorinda are all up to speed on Bethenny's hourly Kotex usage do Sonja and Luann really need it straight from the horse's mouth or is a secondary update okay?  Bethenny seemed to think a single text sufficed regarding Jules situation.  BTW I think Jules sends silly texts.

The same with the Luann/Bethenny meeting.   Bethenny had nothing informational to offer, she told Luann she was going to the doctor the next day.  There was need to further the conversation. Other than tardy Bethenny wanted to talk and Luann wasn't going to be late to the theatre or listen to Bethenny lecture her again. Obviously Bethenny was well enough to film, so it wasn't as if there was a dire emergency.  Did Luann need to hear about the removal of the IUD and how days she had uterine bleeding or how much Bethenny's body was discharging-probably not.  Bethenny's fibroid situation never really has gotten interesting.  Describing her bleeding as looking like a crime scene to a doctor it is not really helpful for a medical diagnosis or happening in front of her daughter.

As to Dorinda, she is invited to everything.  I look at Dorinda this way, she on one hand is trying to protect the group from fracturing  and trying to keep her relationships intact.  Bethenny is friends with Dorinda  because Dorinda is a fan favorite.  (Not necessarily mine but she gets a lot of Bravo love.)  She says a lot in her talking heads and is the perfect RH because she is self-absorbed.   I think Dorinda sees a lot of the manipulation within the group and tries to intervene.  Like a lot of them I think they get tired of the same pissy spats between two RH (Carole and Luann).  Dorinda had to forgive Ramona and move on so in her mind perhaps she feels like Carole needs to suck it up-which Carole ultimately did by attending Dorinda's party.  I do think Dorinda was correct in her approach to Luann saying the others were talking about her removing herself.  The others sound beyond stupid holding Luann out to be a bad person because she would rather spend time with someone who loves her and she enjoys than endure another hate filled ambush. 

What was the purpose of inviting Luann to dinner?  Did they feel they needed to fill Luann in on Carole's sex life?  because Bethenny has said there is no personal information going from her to Luann.  That only left what Luann was up to.   Whatever Luann was doing was going to be subject to Bethenny's scorn.  So the reason for Luann avoiding them was clear-she didn't want to be humiliated again by Bethenny.  Carole and Bethenny were snickering away in the Berkshires saying how they would never speak to someone again who spoke to Bethenny the way she did to Luann and now they are holding it against her because she doesn't want to be around them.  Hypocrites.

• Love 9