Type keyword(s) to search

Gut-Busters: TV's Funniest Moments

• Start Topic

Mine is so random, but I just have to mention it.

I was such a fan of the VH1's I Love the (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and all their sequels)!! They're ALL funny and great for a laugh, but I LITERALLY thought I'd pee my pants when..

1985...they're about to go to commercial and the VO says..."coming up..one of the most momentous music events of the century" and showing the "We Are the World" performance...."And the PISSED OFF PEOPLE who didn't get to go!!"..cut to separate shots of Alice Cooper and Sammy Hagar looking very disgruntled!! Seriously, it's all in the delivery!! I can be having the worst day, play that scene a couple of times and I'll be crying from laughter.

They're all on YouTube, if you were a fan (or want to see what they were about)!!

I'm drawing a blank on anything else right now..yikes!!

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

All of the Eddie Murphy SNL episode was hilarious, but THIS was the one sketch that had me howling:

"Girl, THEY DEAD!"🤣🤣

That skit is a close second to the revival of Buckwheat and "All the Tinga Nadies!"

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

"Girl, THEY DEAD!"🤣🤣

That skit is a close second to the revival of Buckwheat and "All the Tinga Nadies!"

I did love that too.  And then there was the Gumby bit on Weekend Update.  Nobody could keep a straight face, and omg I can't believe he could still get away with saying some of that stuff.

But I also loved the return of Mr. Robinson.  The part that made me laugh the most where he used the flatscreen he stole from the neighbors to call them racist in big block letters.

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Another great moment was Murphy's opening monologue, which not only had cameos from Tracy Morgan, Chris Rock & Dave Chapelle, it included an appearance from Kenan Thompson, the show's longest-running castmate. Best of all, Murphy threw some well-deserved shade at Bill Cosby,-who, as it turned out, has about as much right to tell the world in general & the Black community in particular-especially Murphy-what to do as David Duke.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8
On 12/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, punkypower said:

Mine is so random, but I just have to mention it.

I was such a fan of the VH1's I Love the (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and all their sequels)!! They're ALL funny and great for a laugh, but I LITERALLY thought I'd pee my pants when..

1985...they're about to go to commercial and the VO says..."coming up..one of the most momentous music events of the century" and showing the "We Are the World" performance...."And the PISSED OFF PEOPLE who didn't get to go!!"..cut to separate shots of Alice Cooper and Sammy Hagar looking very disgruntled!! Seriously, it's all in the delivery!! I can be having the worst day, play that scene a couple of times and I'll be crying from laughter.

They're all on YouTube, if you were a fan (or want to see what they were about)!!

I'm drawing a blank on anything else right now..yikes!!

I loved on the 70s. "It's time for Burt Reynolds' mustache...that was Burt Reynolds' mustache..."

• LOL 9

With Eddie Murphy hosting this year, my husband watched SNL for the first time in, like, 10 years.  I watched a few episodes here and there but haven't really since, oh, about the 90s.  So he went down a rabbit hole and just started randomly finding SNL skits on youtube.  Well, the ones I actually got the biggest giggle out of, because they were so silly were the Keenan Thompson 'What's Up with That?' skits. 

It is supposedly a serious talk show where he invites guests to talk about issues.  They are hilarious because he gets these truly random celebrities to show up:  Ernest Borgnine, Robert De Niro, Bill O'Reilly, Frank Rich... I mean, real people who aren't even guesting on SNL that week.  And they sit there, most of the time saying nothing because the conceit of the skit is it is just a jumping of point for Keenan to perform the ear-wig theme song.  Also, Jason Sudeikis' high energy performance of the running man while wearing a red adidas jumpsuit just for some reason kills me every time....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

With Eddie Murphy hosting this year, my husband watched SNL for the first time in, like, 10 years.  I watched a few episodes here and there but haven't really since, oh, about the 90s.  So he went down a rabbit hole and just started randomly finding SNL skits on youtube.  Well, the ones I actually got the biggest giggle out of, because they were so silly were the Keenan Thompson 'What's Up with That?' skits. 

It is supposedly a serious talk show where he invites guests to talk about issues.  They are hilarious because he gets these truly random celebrities to show up:  Ernest Borgnine, Robert De Niro, Bill O'Reilly, Frank Rich... I mean, real people who aren't even guesting on SNL that week.  And they sit there, most of the time saying nothing because the conceit of the skit is it is just a jumping of point for Keenan to perform the ear-wig theme song.  Also, Jason Sudeikis' high energy performance of the running man while wearing a red adidas jumpsuit just for some reason kills me every time....

I haven't watched an episode of SNL in years but have watched so many of their skits on YouTube. So many are hilarious.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3

Cecily Strong and Rupaul doing a Julia Sugarbaker rant might be my new favorite thing.  I hope it becomes a recurring sketch with Cecily and the host.

That and Pete Davidson's Chad calling Rupaul "Ruple" cracked me the hell up.

Edited by kiddo82
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

An old classic Belushi cold opening from SNL that is hilarious:

Tomorrow will mark 38 since his death, FYI.

I love the dig at Bill Murray showering in his swim trunks.

One of my favorite John moments is Little Chocolate Donuts.  I grew up with a dad who bore a resemblance to John Belushi and he would reenact that sketch whenever Mom brought home some little chocolate donuts. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 12:10 PM, catlover79 said:

I still scream laughing at the scene on The Jeffersons where George's friend (played by Lou Gossett, Jr.) is making repeated passes at Louise. Despite her attempts at rebuffing him, he doesn't get the message. Finally, Mother Jefferson comes into the room and goes after him wielding an umbrella!!! George comes in during all this and asks what is going on.

Mother Jefferson: Do you know what your "best friend" was doing? He was getting fresh!

George: He what? (To Gossett's character) Hey man, you are sick! Making a pass at my mama!

The studio audience just went crazy, and so did I. Priceless!!

Let's not forget that  right before Mother Jefferson went to town on him with that umbrella the dialogue went like this.

"We all know that a 'no' means YES!"Wendell (Louis Gossett, Jr.)

'Not in THIS house, it don't!" , Mother Jefferson (Zara Cully).

Not only was she dead right but it was a sidesplitter (and cathartic to see her actually literally DEFEND Louise)! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 7

SNL New Orleans skit:

Since it's an election season, I've been watching Steve Kornacki with his smart board a lot and have remembered a really funny skit SNL did about him and his board back during the 2008 season when it was a new feature/segment.  I wish I could find it, but I haven't been able to.

• Love 2
(edited)

TBS has been re-running Friends Season 8 this week and I'm certainly in the mood for some comfort TV.  It's not the most famous episode but The One Where Rachel Is Late is one of my all time favorites.  I laugh every time at how irritable Rachel is and I absolutely cannot at the end when she's desperate and tries to seduce Ross by picking up the fork but it's awkward instead.   (also love Phoebe's "Good God, man, don't anger it.")  And I didn't catch it this time around but The One Where Rachel Tells... from earlier in the season is another great for me.   I know Jennifer Aniston submitted/won her Emmy for the One Where Rachel Has the Baby but her performance at the end of The One Where Rachel Tells... is sublime.  It's funny and vulnerable and touching and sweet all rolled into one.  I think it's the best thing she's ever done and I say that as fan.  And as a 1-2 punch, The One With the Videotape is a great ensemble episode and probably one of the best written episodes of the series. 

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 7

My favorite Friends episode is also from season 8. Episode 9: 'The One with the Rumor', I laughed more AND harder than any of the other episodes of the show.

Great script. From the first scene to the last, constantly delivering laughs.

But even after all the viewings, it hasn't lost any of its greatness. This is without a doubt one of the best Friends episodes ever.

• Love 4

Bumping up to add Brad Pitt's spot-on tribute to Dr. Anthony Fauci on the April 25th,  2020 episode of SNL. Pitt perfectly captured Fauci with both jokes and physical comedy. I'd rank it up there with Alex Baldwin's Donald Trump, Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton and Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer.

Fun fact: it was Fauci who jokingly chose Pitt to play him on SNL, proving that sometimes, dreams do come true.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Bumping up to add Brad Pitt's spot-on tribute to Dr. Anthony Fauci on the April 24th,  2020 episode of SNL. Pitt perfectly captured Fauci with both jokes and physical comedy. I'd rank it up there with Alex Baldwin's Donald Trump, Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton and Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer.

Fun fact: it was Fauci who jokingly chose Pitt to play him on SNL, proving that sometimes, dreams do come true.

I seriously lost it when he put his hands to his face in exasperation and said, "I know I shouldn't be touching my face. . . ." LOLOL 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I seriously lost it when he put his hands to his face in exasperation and said, "I know I shouldn't be touching my face. . . ." LOLOL 

Me too!  The whole thing was funny, but that was what really got me laughing. 

I don't watch SNL, but enough people were talking about that open that I had to look it up:

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

In one the funny "break the fourth wall" episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess, Xena and Gabrielle are stalked by this tabloid reporter who wants all the dirt on their latest quest and their relationship. The whole episode is a riot, but the part that made me laugh the most was when the reporter had Gabrielle for an "in studio" interview, when all of a sudden Xena busts into the set.

Stagehand: You can't be in here, its a closed set!

Xena: Closed set MY BUTT!!!!

The way Lucy Lawless snarled out that line was just so damn funny.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
(edited)

The Coneheads meeting the Farbers on season 2 of SNL:

Who would've thought Dan Aykroyd divebombing out the window would've gotten Gilda Radner and John Belushi to break? That slip up alone made this skit amazing.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

The Coneheads meeting the Farbers on season 2 of SNL:

Who would've thought Dan Aykroyd divebombing out the window would've gotten Gilda Radner and John Belushi to break? That slip up alone made this skit amazing.

It was Jane Curtin falling that got Gilda. And Belushi was fine until he saw her breaking.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

It was Jane Curtin falling that got Gilda. And Belushi was fine until he saw her breaking.

So it was. Still, the sight of Dan jumping through the window was pretry funny. And it was just priceless that Gilda and Belushi broke at all.

• Love 4

I've been hearing about the new Muppet Show on Disney+ and it reminded me of my favorite moment in The Muppets: Wizard of Oz.  At one point, Gonzo breaks the 4th wall and says to the audience "For those of you who have The Dark Side of the Moon cued up, press play now".  lol!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Been poking about and watching some old "Whose Line" clips on YouTube, so I'll share a few favorites from there...

The infamous "Tapioca!" Greatest Hits:

And another one with a bit of a NSFW moment at the beginning:

Watching Colin make Ryan dissolve into hysterics is one of life's little pleasures :D. They're like Tim Conway and Harvey Korman in that way. Some genuinely great songs in these clips as well. 

And then there's this classic:

There's so much about this one that's hilarious, but the increasingly confused expression on Colin's face particularly cracks me up :p. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 9/6/2020 at 12:26 AM, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up to add the "Black Jeopardy" sketch from the Chadwick Boseman episode of SNL, after which people never saw potato salad, raisins nor the name Karen the same again.

T'Challa yelling "In the face!" after giving that classic answer is priceless.

• Love 6

In tribute to the late, great Diana Rigg, of all the awesome moments she had as Lady Oleanna Tyrell on Game Of Thrones, the funniest was during her meeting with Ellaria when she dragged her sisters-those who had the nerve to talk, that is-so hard that by the time she was done with them, the Sand Snakes were Sand worms. Cersei may have had the crown, Dany may have wanted the crown, but Lady Oleanna deserved the crown, like the Queen she was.

RIP, Diana.

• Love 9

Does unintentionally funny count? Because this moment from Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is hilarious.

Is this what Aaron Sorkin think both sketch comedians and people from the Midwest are like, cuz WOW.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

OMG I thought that was Lisa Rose but was second guessing myself until I saw Ethan Forhetz pop up at the end. They're the local NBC affiliate in Springfield, MO, and that whole crew is pretty hilarious in how they prank each other. Being familiar with the reporters made that even funnier to me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

They’ve been rerunning Gilligan’s Island in memory of Dawn Wells, and while there are probably tons of moments that were hilarious, I’ll always love that moment from the pilot when Gilligan thinks they’re still at sea and jumps overboard yelling “I’LL SAVE YOU, SKIPPER!” and lands face-first in the sand.

I think that was the moment everyone knew an icon was born.

• LOL 7

Okay, because I’ve been watching a lot of Happy Days reruns lately, this moment from Ron Howard’s guest-stint on The Simpsons is just hilarious to me.

It’s the freeze frame with the theme song kicking in that ALWAYS cracks me up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Too many moments in the first episode of Loki to count. But Loki’s bewilderment I’m going through the TVA waiting line and shock that his usual tricks weren’t going to work this time were priceless.

And no matter how many times I see it, Loki imitating Steve Rogers just to mock him NEVER gets old! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Too many moments in the first episode of Loki to count. But Loki’s bewilderment I’m going through the TVA waiting line and shock that his usual tricks weren’t going to work this time were priceless.

And no matter how many times I see it, Loki imitating Steve Rogers just to mock him NEVER gets old! 🤣🤣🤣

I think I laughed my ass off in the first five minutes alone.  I especially love reactions of the TVA workers.  They are just so over it.

Loki: "Be careful with that it's a Tesseract"

Worker unimpressed :"Sounds dumb."

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

And on this week’s episode of Loki, he wrecks some havoc in Pompeii (to prove to Mobius that the variant is hiding in apocalypses), and it was hilarious. The way he ran around, yelling at the villagers, throwing things in the air, “Nothing else matters! Enjoy your last meal!” And releasing the goats: “Go, my horned friends! Be free!” Absolutely PRICELESS.

Also

his fight against his other (female) self was a riot. “I would never treat me  like this!”

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 7