Type keyword(s) to search

Gut-Busters: TV's Funniest Moments

• Start Topic

One of my favorite moments from Everybody Loves Raymond is when one of the twins is sick and Ray has to take him to the doctor. They are in the office and the kid(he's still tiny, I'd say a year or so old) is fine. In walks Ray's brother Robert with the other twin and wordlessly exchanges the kids. I don't know why I find it hysterical but I laugh every time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

The People vs OJ: American Crime Story was a serious show that managed to sneak in some funny moments. One of my favorites was the Dream Tream reading and reacting through Faye Resnicks's exploitive book about Nicole. Robert Kardashian muttering, "That's not true...that's not true...okay, THAT'S true..."

Then Robert Shapiro informs them, "Lesbian sex, page 197."

And OF COURSE all the men in the room immediately flip to that section.

• Love 7

We just watched Season 5, Episode 12 of Brooklyn 99 and it was the funniest episode of any comedy that I've seen in a long time. 

The set up is that Captain Holt's husband, Kevin, has been threatened by a dangerous criminal.  Holt puts him in a safe house and Jake, feeling like it's all his fault, volunteers to stay with him the entire time.  Holt is going way overboard with the safety rules, so Kevin and Jake devise a plan to sneak out and get some fresh air.  They choose the library because Kevin needs to do some research for his book and Holt has taken away all of their electronics because they are too easily traced.  According to Jake, the only way to fit in at the library is to dress like a pervert.

Jake is a smart cop, but rather juvenile.  Kevin and Holt are a bit stuck up and love the finer things in life.  This sequence was my favorite:

• Love 5

In honor of Brooklyn Nine-Nine getting a new life on NBC, I will add this recent moment, which will go down as one of the best in the series:

The fact that Fox cancelled it after this moment proves while keeping other garbage heaps they wouldn't know true comedy if it smacked them upside the head.

• Love 14

I'm probably a bad person for thinking this is the funniest thing all week, but tonight the PBS News Hour did a story where one of the people they interviewed was a journalist named...Daniel Bastard.

Edited by Sandman87
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

This didn’t have me ???? But it did make me laugh: on Cannon, Frank using his big belly to knock someone against the wall to knock them out.

Context: dude was standing thisclose with a gun pointed at Frank; they were standing just inside the doorway so the wall wasn’t that far.

So okay, I ?? a little because it was so unexpected. But the show talked about how Frank was fat; even Frank Cannon himself!?? A lot of the villains’ goons and henchman would refer to him as “The Fatman.”

Both Will and Grace and Murphy Brown were very funny tonight.

Loved Jack's wedding party and Frank (Murphy Brown) having too many energy drinks was priceless, along with the rest of the crew being rummy. And Corky dropping an F-bomb (albeit a bleeped one) had me cracking up. XD

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 3

My laugh out loud moment was from an episode of Seinfeld.  It's the one where George pretends he's a marine biologist to try to get with Diane, the "it girl" from college.  There's a lot going on in this episode, including Kramer hitting golf balls into the ocean for fun.  The best part was George (fake marine biologist) recounting his encounter with a beached whale.  "The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."  <insert Jerry eye roll>   During the encounter, George realizes something was obstructing the whale's blowhole so he climbed up there and pulled out -- one of Kramer's golf balls.  When he did that, I swear I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.  Kramer says something during that time but I never hear it because I'm always lmfao.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Oosala said:

Kramer says something during that time but I never hear it because I'm always lmfao.

He asks if that's a Titleist (his brand of golf ball) and then says, "A hole in one."

George is a hilarious story-teller, and that one just may be his best.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I've thought of another one where the punchline is repeated quite often in my house.  This is from Whose Line Is It Anyway?  It was Ryan and Colin (who else?) and they'd asked the audience to come up with a situation.  I can't remember the specifics but it was something like a general preparing for a battle he was probably going to lose.  Colin's line:  Bring me my brown pants.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

This is nearly a decade old, but hell, I just discovered it airing on a weird cable network, and it just had me 🤣🤣🤣

Final season of Boston Legal, where Alan and Denny are fighting over who Denny plans to vote for and why. It starts of serious, but then Denny whips out his paint gun and shoots Alan in the stomach. Alan then shoots Denny in the face. Then it's just pow!pow!pow! And I know it doesn't sound funny when I'm typing it, but watching it? I was laughing my ass off.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2019 at 10:02 AM, DrSpaceman said:

One my favorite from Seinfeld is at the Festivus day celebration and the airing of greivances :

"I've got a lot of problems with you people!" 

Would be great if we could actually do that at the holidays

At the cynicat household, we celebrate Festivus every year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just watched the Brooklyn 99 episode The Honeypot and everything with Captain Holt was so good that I still can't believe that Andre Braugher doesn't have an Emmy for this role.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I love "The Losing Edge" episode of South Park that has the boys vainly trying to lose the baseball championship so they aren't stuck playing it all summer while Randy pursues his own "championship" of fighting rival team dads.  This little part at the end cracks me up:

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • LOL 2

I love that "Frasier" scene, too. "Let's all go to a...taco show!" is such a wonderfully strange line. That whole episode is hilarious. 

Another great "Frasier" scene worth sharing, from the episode where Frasier and Niles find out the results of their IQ tests and both bid on a luncheon with some notable people:

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love that "Frasier" scene, too. "Let's all go to a...taco show!" is such a wonderfully strange line. That whole episode is hilarious. 

Another great "Frasier" scene worth sharing, from the episode where Frasier and Niles find out the results of their IQ tests and both bid on a luncheon with some notable people:

Yea it is, and yet it sounds like something Taco Bell would do in order to show off their new kinds of tacos. 🤣 Word.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Yea it is, and yet it sounds like something Taco Bell would do in order to show off their new kinds of tacos. 🤣 Word.

Okay, now I want Taco Bell to actually use that in an ad :p. 

• LOL 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Okay, now I want Taco Bell to actually use that in an ad :p. 

That would be awesome, if they were able to get permission to do so. With that possible Frasier reboot, who knows? 😋

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wanted to also post the one where Lucy sets her nose on fire when Bill Holden comes to visit, but that's not available ANYWHERE. And that is just HILARIOUS! Especially Ricky's reaction!

Both fine examples!

My favorite Lucy moment is when George Reeves guest-starred as Superman at Little Ricky's birthday and had to get Lucy off the roof in a middle of a rain shower.

"You mean to tell me you've been married to this woman for 15 years?! And they call me Superman!"

Lucy's face was priceless.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I also love the Hollywood episode when she's in the Brown Derby and discovers that a celebrity is in the booth right behind her. 

Yup! That's Bill Holden. And that's why she stuck that fake nose on her face when Ricky brought him over. She didn't want him to recognize her as the crazy fan who was trying to catch glimpses of him!

• Love 6
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yup! That's Bill Holden. And that's why she stuck that fake nose on her face when Ricky brought him over. She didn't want him to recognize her as the crazy fan who was trying to catch glimpses of him!

That's right!  I forgot that was the same episode. 

• Love 2

It's funny you post that because I was literally just watching The Two Towers today.  Never seen that clip and I literally laughed out loud but in all seriousness, I've always said that they need to need to give Andy Serkis his own Oscar or something.  He really is as an exceptional performer as anyone else.  

• Love 6
On 2/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, Bastet said:

He asks if that's a Titleist (his brand of golf ball) and then says, "A hole in one."

George is a hilarious story-teller, and that one just may be his best.

George the Marine Biologist is in a three-way tie as my favorite moment on tv along with the magic loogie and “so you want to be my latex salesman.” I can find a Seinfeld reference for every situation and I’m not even kidding. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2016 at 12:38 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

"Don't tell Rose that Danny Thomas is a lesbian; it'll break her heart!"

What makes that line even funnier is that Danny Thomas' son, Tony, was one of GG's producers (and the Thomas in Witt/Thomas/Harris Productions).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Back in the late 90s, Al Franken did a sit-com called LateLine, the premise of which is that he worked for a news show like Nightline, and it featured a lot of cameos by politicians.   It didn't last long, but there was one episode that was hysterical.  Al's character (also named Al) had some big story on striking workers, a story that Al was so excited about. Then just at air time, there was the breaking news that Buddy Hackett had died.  All the people that had been lined up for Al's big story wanted to talk about Buddy instead; it became a tribute show.  Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich recounts seeing Buddy in the Catskills, Dick Gephardt has memories to share, and even Henry Kissinger calls in about Buddy, remembering him in that gravelly German accent.  The episode includes the line "Get me Shipoopi!" as they show a clip of Buddy singing Shipoopi from The Music Man, with Reich, Gebhardt, and the striking workers singing along.  Of course, the story is mistaken, Buddy is not dead, and the show ends with their apology on the next night's broadcast, along with an interview with Buddy in his hospital room saying he's going to sue them.  They end the episode with "In Memory of Buddy Hackett 1924-1998" on screen and you hear Buddy yelling "Hey!  I see that!"

I was dealing with the death of a family member, and in a daze turned on the TV and this episode was just what I needed. 

• Love 8

I still scream laughing at the scene on The Jeffersons where George's friend (played by Lou Gossett, Jr.) is making repeated passes at Louise. Despite her attempts at rebuffing him, he doesn't get the message. Finally, Mother Jefferson comes into the room and goes after him wielding an umbrella!!! George comes in during all this and asks what is going on.

Mother Jefferson: Do you know what your "best friend" was doing? He was getting fresh!

George: He what? (To Gossett's character) Hey man, you are sick! Making a pass at my mama!

The studio audience just went crazy, and so did I. Priceless!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, topanga said:

(Through the door):  "What? What?"

"Candygram." 

--That was one of the funniest sketches ever. 

"Unicef."

I love the landshark sketch. We still reference it, enough that my 7-year-old can't figure out what we are talking about and why.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I was just going around the dial, and came across the Seinfeld episode with "He took it out".  Julia Louis-Dreyfus's delivery is everything, especially the way she blows on her glasses in the middle of a key line.

• LOL 7
On 11/29/2019 at 8:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Talking about this in the tropes thread, here’s a sketch in the Carol Burnett show of “Mama’s Family” playing Sorry!😂😂😂 Carol is trying so hard, but breaks character near the 12 minute mark!😂😂😂😂

While a great sketch, it's still topped by the game of Password.  Yes, that is the sketch with the elephant story.  And it's already been posted on both pages 1 and 2 of this thread.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SVNBob said:

While a great sketch, it's still topped by the game of Password.  Yes, that is the sketch with the elephant story.  And it's already been posted on both pages 1 and 2 of this thread.

Oh DEFINITELY! Everyone EXCEPT for Tim Conway breaks character! The icing on the cake of that sketch was Vicki dropping the F-bomb! 🤣🤣Carol Burnett was, is and always will be AWESOME.

• Love 5