Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Live Eviction 2, Head of Household 3

• Start Topic

Bronte, please learn how to sit and stand while wearing a skirt. America now knows what colour your underwear was. Bridgette's breathy little girl act in the DR is annoying and while we're at it, Paul, seriously, the glitter in the beard look is just weird. 

A Bridgette HoH? Greeeat. Now I'll have to deal with that little girl routine all week. Giggle giggle bounce bounce hork. Damn crapshoots.

• Love 9

I don't know why, but I laughed really hard at the #ButFirst at the beginning of the episode.

"I don't wanna sway your vote...or I do...y'know...whatever....". Goddamn, Victor. Great swaying right there. 

Oh Bridgette, you're so naive. Frank doesn't like you in any way. He's using you, and you're giving him all this information! The only leverage you actually have! Frank's game is so bad. Initially, it seems like a good plan, but when you look closer, you just see it as the mess it is.

I love seeing cracks in the Eight Pack, especially when it comes to Frank. He seems like he assumes he's the top dog because he has all these side alliances and he thinks he's playing everyone. Good thing people are seeing through his shit. But damn, I never thought I'd kind of love Day this season, but I have to laugh that she hates all the showmances forming. 

Paul voted to evict Bronte instead of Tiffany? That was totally surprising. I also thought Frank would throw a hinky vote toward Tiffany. Such a different dynamic in the house than last week after Jozea's eviction.

Oh well. Bye, Victor. You were cute, but an asshole and an idiot at the game. I hope you beat Jozea, but depending on who the next evictees are, I hope you stay away. But I loved Natalie's goodbye message, even if it might screw her if he comes back into the house. I do judge the cheers from the audience, though. Shut up, audience.

Oh goddamnit, a team game. I was really happy to see Michelle go early on. I got nervous with Frank very early on. I really do hate crapshoots. But Frank getting eliminated made me so, so, so, so happy.  I am happy the other side has power, though. Bridgette having power makes me happy, because it'll make some people very, very upset. Plus, another guy may be going home, if she doesn't listen to Frank. 

Wait....I just remember Frank and Michelle are safe. Crap. Damnit. I hate the teams twist now. I hate, hate, hate it. 

• Love 6

So when are we going to get a Battle Back comp ?  I thought Chenbot said it was going to be a weekly competition and as long as you kept winning you would have a chance to get back in ?  But there was no sign of Jozea or Glenn this week.

Yay !! Bridgette HoH !!

• Love 1

Goddamn Victor is so good-looking.  Like on a scale of Boogie to Kaysar he's a 9.5.

I really have nothing else to add but I'm going to be sad not to look at him all summer even if he's an ass.  Maybe he'll make it back in.

• Love 4

Oh, I forgot one off my list. Natalie, sweetie, we gotta talk about how you're caking on the makeup in your DR sessions/goodbye messages. Those lashes were unfortunate. No one looks good with lashes like that. You're a pretty girl but you'd be a lot prettier if you left half the stuff off your face and in the makeup bag. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can't wait to hear them tear Victor's "funny voice" speech to shreds on the live feeds. Was that an Indian accent he was trying to do?

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1

Agh! I fell asleep! Somewhere near the beginning, then I woke up in time to watch the HOH comp. Was there anything in the speeches/votes/Chenterview worth re-watching for?

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Wait....I just remember Frank and Michelle are safe. Crap. Damnit. I hate the teams twist now. I hate, hate, hate it. 

Aw, man...Michelle's safe?  It's hard to remember who's on which team.  Yeah...these teams need to be dissolved really soon.

Victor was way more articulate in his Chenterview than I thought he would be.

• Love 2
(edited)

Damn, I was pulling for Paul to win when it came down to 4.

A Bridgette HoH should be interesting, unless Frank is in her ear the whole time.

17 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So when are we going to get a Battle Back comp ?  I thought Chenbot said it was going to be a weekly competition and as long as you kept winning you would have a chance to get back in ?  But there was no sign of Jozea or Glenn this week.

Yay !! Bridgette HoH !!

There's a Battle Back special airing Friday, July 22nd. We don't get to see them beforehand.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not really thrilled about a Brigette HOH...I mean a luck based challenge was the only chance a non entity like her would have a shot at being HOH...nothing against her but from the set up tonight we are likely to see a week of her being puppet mastered by Frank. 

Speaking of Frank I am happy to see people are starting to get his number. Last week someone on these boards speculated that the whole season was being set up by production for a Frank win....and tonight for the first time I can see it possible because I'm starting to get a Derrick vibe off of him and I don't want another season of one person controlling everything and calling every shot. He's the only vet I currently would be happy to get of the house lest he put a stranglehold on the game.

Still waiting for that Paulie;/Zakiya showmance....they keep teasing the possibilty....

Thankfully Paul didn't get HOH sparing us a week of him being absolutly insufferable.

Can't believe Grodner missed a chance to bring in her pet ape Jesse to serve as one of the ball boys.

The bottom of Frank's shoes during the live eviction where an embarrasment. He better use some of that stipend money when he gets out to buy some new ones.

Michelle needs to get a storyline pronto because right now she's on a trajectory to be the new Victoria.

LOL at the bit where DaVonne was lamenting as to what she was left with as a fifth wheel and then we cut to her sidling up to James. I kinda of want to see her drop her vendetta against TIffany and maybe have the two of them join forces in a secret alliance that nobody would suspect.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Chrissytd said:

Damn, I was pulling for Paul to win when it came down to 4.

A Bridgette HoH should be interesting, unless Frank is in her ear the whole time.

There's a Battle Back special airing Friday, July 22nd. We don't get to see them beforehand.

Thanks @Chrissytd -- I think the show really missed an opportunity here.  They have so much crappy filler when they have an actual honest to goodness comp that people actually want to win.  They could show 1 minute of highlights of the comp, do a very brief live interview with the winner from sequester, and actually hype up the progress of the BattleBack.  

But no, the producers are going to blow their wad all in one episode.

But since it's going into a vacuum for several more weeks, it's going to be about as noteworthy as a BB Takeover.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Goddamn Victor is so good-looking.  Like on a scale of Boogie to Kaysar he's a 9.5.

I really have nothing else to add but I'm going to be sad not to look at him all summer even if he's an ass.  Maybe he'll make it back in.

BWAH! A Boogie to Kaysar scale is like the best BB 0-10 rating system ever - couldn't agree more.

I surprised myself by involuntarily standing up and anxiously shifting from side to side in excitement when it looked like Natalie might win it. Alas!

• Love 2

Not looking forward to a Bridgette HOH.  I imagine it will be full of Bridgette giggling, blushing, and doing Frank's dirty work. 

I think the game would be so much better if vote counts were kept secret.  People have become so gutless in this game, that they're unwilling to vote someone out unless there's a srong majority, or even unanimous vote.   They're afraid it would be too easy to figure out who cast what vote.   Keep those vote totals secret and we may start seeing blindsides. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TimWil said:

I can't wait to hear them tear Victor's "funny voice" speech to shreds on the live feeds. Was that an Indian accent he was trying to do?

my goodness, that was absolutely cringeworthy.  

• Love 3

UO -- I don't think Victor is cute at all.  His eyes are too close together and so they end up looking beady.  Its not attractive.

Also -- I would think a guy who lives with his mom would show women respect.  

• Love 5

Chenbot's dress (the beige part) reminded me of the beige undergarments the pixelated house guests wore. It was odd-looking. I'm glad Bridgette is HOH as it will shake things up a bit. I think she will put up two guys. Frank may be influencing her but she's got some strong girlfriends, too. I feel like the HOH challenge was designed so anyone could win it without having any particular strength or athletic skill. All you have to do is bounce a ball.

I'm new to Big Brother and enjoy it, it seems like a prolonged summer camp for adults who aren't quite grown up.

• Love 9

You know, it's so weird when they talk about so-and-so being on their "team". I totally forget that they even HAVE those stupid teams, until the HOH comp. They seem to have been pretty ineffective, as people are just playing with whomever they want. 

I was kind of hoping Tiffany would get a surprise boot last night, but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I know by now that all the talk amounts to nothing, and with editing - you never really know WHAT the story is. There could have been 5 minutes of Tiff talk amongst hours of other "scenarios", but that's what they choose to show us, to try and trick us. 

And now we're even having almost unanimous votes. Let the boring "vote as a house" crap commence. Although, with Bridgette as HOH, it should be interesting. Frank seems to have wormed his way up to her, so I won't be surprised if she does his bidding. 

You know, I haven't had strong feelings about Frank one way or the other, but last night he started to irk me. I applaud people who have a good social game and make friends across the house and keep themselves out of the line of fire. It's intentional, and good game play. But there's this arrogance about him lately that isn't sitting well with me. Telling Paulie about the Eight Pack was probably the right move. He'd basically been working with them all along anyhow, and if he found out a different way, it could have gone really badly. But the fact that Frank didn't think he needed to consult anyone else about makes him seem like he's running the entire thing. If they let him, I guess that's on them. But his demeanor is starting to turn me off. 

And I think it will come back to bite him in the end. No surprise that this large alliance is fracturing already. I thought Paulie and Zakiyah's little Final Five was interesting, but no way Day is going to be a 5th wheel. It would have been better for the couples to form that idea, with Day thinking she's in a 3 with the girls, and therefore rounding out their 5 without realizing it. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not looking forward to a Bridgette HOH.  I imagine it will be full of Bridgette giggling, blushing, and doing Frank's dirty work. 

I think the game would be so much better if vote counts were kept secret.  People have become so gutless in this game, that they're unwilling to vote someone out unless there's a srong majority, or even unanimous vote.   They're afraid it would be too easy to figure out who cast what vote.   Keep those vote totals secret and we may start seeing blindsides. 

I agree with every word you said. And an even wilder twist - altho I don't know exactly how it would work - but not allow them to say who they are voting for - then it would be even more unscripted. But then again, that would kind of put a monkey wrench into a lot of the drama when groups pair off. And who they were voting for could just be "assumed" anyway by covert tactics. So never mind...lol

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I am already thinking that the BB comps will be done off air and they'll just announce the "winner", and the winner won't surprise us at all.

10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Michelle needs to get a storyline pronto because right now she's on a trajectory to be the new Victoria.

I am really disappointed that we haven't been privy to more conversations about her myriad of phobias. I had such high hopes for her as the comic relief of the summer. 

3 hours ago, RCharter said:

UO -- I don't think Victor is cute at all.  His eyes are too close together and so they end up looking beady.  Its not attractive.

Also -- I would think a guy who lives with his mom would show women respect.  

I wouldn't. He probably has one of those moms who completely coddles him and makes him think that no women are good enough for him unless they're washing his undies and bringing him breakfast on a silver platter. 

Also, I didn't find him attractive either. His hair skeeves me out. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And now we're even having almost unanimous votes. Let the boring "vote as a house" crap commence.

Oh, I so hate this recent seasons development. Remember in the earlier seasons when they actually thought for themselves and lied about who they were going to vote for? And the blindsides that came about because of that? There are very few surprises now, which makes for a boring eviction night.

• Love 2

I thought I was going to like Frank this year. I think I even posted about it in my initial post about all the players. I thought he had matured. Well, now he is showing - he hasn't changed much. Maybe it's because his hair is growing longer again and that weighs down his brain and he reverts back to the younger, idiotic version of his former season self. He has started to show his arrogance. Since they can't see what we're thinking of them or anything from the outside world, don't you wonder where they get the idea that we like them so much? 

• Love 4

It would be really hard to throw a luck-based competition.

Frank probably intentionally aimed for the rim of the racket so that the ball wouldn't even have a chance to bounce into play.  That's what happened with the ball he played.  Immediately prior to playing his turn, his eyes were shifty - as if he was paying attention to who was watching him.  Then the ball he threw hit the rim and bounced back toward him.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TexasChic said:

Pauly: "Enjoy the room baby girl."

Julie: "Not the power?" (Patronizing much?)

Boom!

Paulie didn't really have any power. The people around him did. And having a comfy room for yourself is probably awesome to have. 

• Love 2

Aw, man...Michelle's safe?  It's hard to remember who's on which team.  Yeah...these teams need to be dissolved really soon.

I hate these teams. So hard to remember. At least when they did the geek/jock/popular/oddball teams a few years ago, you could identify the members by personality.

I forgot there was a Michelle until she cast her vote.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Paulie didn't really have any power. The people around him did. And having a comfy room for yourself is probably awesome to have. 

It probably would be if you actually did have it all to yourself...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I wouldn't. He probably has one of those moms who completely coddles him and makes him think that no women are good enough for him unless they're washing his undies and bringing him breakfast on a silver platter. 

I agree. Mama's boys are often disrespectful of women.   These women are the types who wake they're baby boys because they just don't hear those alarms, and proudly do their laundry and pack their work lunches.  They teach their sons that they're superior to women.  It's strange how misogynistic women can be.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sharkfan said:

That's what I was going to say. It would be great to have that room, except it seems like half the house is always in there - in the bed, using the shower, eating your snacks. 

• Love 1

I admit I don't watch BB (aside from the second season of Australia's BB years ago, which was apparently very different), but I love reading the recaps and forums for my amusement.  

I don't know who the female houseguest on the left in the photo is, but for my personal aesthetics I'm hoping that's either a really bad photo or they start feeding her big sammiches pronto.  I'm assuming the guy is Victor, and he's about a gold necklace and lowcut shirt away from a job at a shifty used car lot.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Keyword is for. I know you don't have it to yourself. But, you get have a handle on the room where big things are happening. You also have the big bed and a nice shower for yourself.

On 7/7/2016 at 9:05 PM, Callaphera said:

Oh, I forgot one off my list. Natalie, sweetie, we gotta talk about how you're caking on the makeup in your DR sessions/goodbye messages. Those lashes were unfortunate. No one looks good with lashes like that.

Those lashes had lives of their own tonight, yikes. And once again it reminds me of the classic words of Charlie Sheen in Ferris Bueller... "You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much; people think she's a whore."

I Victor, I am funny guy, no? *cringe* The hell was that anyways?

Speaking of cringing, they can edit out the 'unicorn' part of Team Unicorn and yet they still play that painful 'Big Sister' group intro. Why?

Frank is definitely going to be "consultant" to the HoH this week, we already saw he has his "little sister" wrapped around his finger. But it's good not everyone is falling for Frank's overbearing-ness. Would it have killed him to get the 8 together and say 'listen, Pauly is like our 9th member anyways so to not damage that when he finds out somehow let's bring him in now, cool?'

• Love 1

I find it weird that Da'Vonne is constantly in the DR and some of the other HGs are never in there giving their opinions for the viewers. Has Natalie ever been in there talking her game strategy? Or Michelle? 

The episode seems so manipulated by the producers to subliminally point to their favorites. 

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

I find it weird that Da'Vonne is constantly in the DR and some of the other HGs are never in there giving their opinions for the viewers. Has Natalie ever been in there talking her game strategy? Or Michelle? 

The episode seems so manipulated by the producers to subliminally point to their favorites. 

I don't know, does Natalie have a lot of game strategy to share?  The strategy of her alliance mostly seems to be....boyz!  Flirt with boyz! Bake boyz cookies!

I think Natalie might see what her other alliance members don't see, but how much can she do with that information right now?  I'm glad to see that she may be able to align herself with James though.

I think they primarily use Bronte for terrible math puns.

• Love 2

I at least appreciated that Victor went out like a good sport, unlike clueless prima donna Jozea. Right now I'd be okay with Vic coming back into the house if he wins Battle Back fair and square.

Corey seemed unmoored and out of sorts to me to in this episode, and I never noticed before how much taller he is than everyone else. Wonder how much longer he's gonna last in the house.

Goddamn Victor is so good-looking.  Like on a scale of Boogie to Kaysar he's a 9.5.

Ooooh, Kaysar. Now that was a beautiful man. Couldn't play BB to save his life though.

Still waiting for that Paulie;/Zakiya showmance....they keep teasing the possibilty....

Yeah, I caught their little snuggling moment and I thought, "Really, Zakiyah?" What would be the attraction? He's kinda dumb and on a scale of Boogie to Kaysar I'd rate him a 6 or 7.

Chenbot's dress (the beige part) reminded me of the beige undergarments the pixelated house guests wore. It was odd-looking.

Her outfits haven't been fabulous so far this season. Maybe they blew most of the budget on the new and improved house set and the more elaborate game sets.