Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, mmecorday said:

There is some good news on the Medicare commercials front -- Jimmy Walker appears to have been 86ed and replaced by a grumpy sounding William Devane.

Don't count him out just yet. You can't keep a bad ad down. He'll be back any time NNAAOOOWWWWW!

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • LOL 10
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I am growing rather fond of Martha. She also asks "Won't the phone lines all be busy?" They dodge that one too.

I just love how you hear hints of increasing exasperation from the announcer throughout that commercial as he keeps saying her name. I seriously half expect him to eventually go, "Damnit, Martha!"

And then towards the end he's like, "I should just give you the number" or something like that, and I'm sitting here thinking, "Yes, that would've saved us five minutes of listening to you two arguing with each other." 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Don't count him out just yet. You can't keep a bad ad down. He'll be back any time NNAAOOOWWWWW!

Oh, he's back - he, too, is mentioning whether your doctor is still in your plan.  But Martha... holy cow!  She was 75 last year and she's 75 this year. I bet she's been lying about her age. She's probably as old as McCormick spices.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

Has anyone seen the “Pooph” commercial? Seriously, just about the most bizarre ad I have ever watched. I almost put it in  the “Favorite” thread,  it is that campy; I actually laughed a few times. The guy sprayed it in his mouth! (It is about an odor eliminator for pet stinks.

• Mind Blown 3
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has anyone seen the “Pooph” commercial? Seriously, just about the most bizarre ad I have ever watched. I almost put it in  the “Favorite” thread,  it is that campy; I actually laughed a few times. The guy sprayed it in his mouth! (It is about an odor eliminator for pet stinks.

I did. It’s like Lume for pets. A the way he elaborates the word POOPH every time he says POOPH is grating 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I did. It’s like Lume for pets. A the way he elaborates the word POOPH every time he says POOPH is grating 

I know! But the whole thing seems to be a sendup of infomercials. Fawning customers.  A loud, over-the-top spokesman. I laughed at the cartoon piece of dog poo that did a little happy dance when sprayed with the Pooph. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

The one that is beginning to get on my last nerve is the Denny's $5.99 special offer. The woman and man go into what looks like a hotel check in . Man says something like "we can pay cash." Haughty woman  throws down a wad of crumpled bills and a bunch of change and says snottily $5.99. Then it goes to them eating at Denny's, I assume one of the $5.99 meals.

So our take away is if you can eat at Denny's for $5.99, everything else in the world should cost $5.99???  Geesh!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The DISH tv guy in the VERY unflattering khaki pants who looks like he stuffed 6 pairs of socks in his crotch. Yuck. Didn't the producers notice the obvious?

And I am already so over great grandma McCormick and her dead pan face. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. That means 2+ more months of her. All that money and she dresses and looks like she was picked up on skid row in Los Angeles.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

File this commercial under ones that 'Annoy, Irritate, Enrage or Gross Out'

The Old Spice commercial with a youthified via CGI Dolph Lundgrun.  When the sweat squirts out from his armpit into the guy's face I dry heaved.  Then shouted "Some of that Lume might help plug up with sweat leak!"

• Mind Blown 3
37 minutes ago, ctlady said:

File this commercial under ones that 'Annoy, Irritate, Enrage or Gross Out'

The Old Spice commercial with a youthified via CGI Dolph Lundgrun.  When the sweat squirts out from his armpit into the guy's face I dry heaved.  Then shouted "Some of that Lume might help plug up with sweat leak!"

Lume wouldn't help as it is not an antiperspirant. It stops bacteria from making odors.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
31 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Lume wouldn't help as it is not an antiperspirant. It stops bacteria from making odors

Yes - I know.    I meant using the cream to plug the leak up as a joke

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
3 hours ago, ctlady said:

The Old Spice commercial with a youthified via CGI Dolph Lundgrun.  When the sweat squirts out from his armpit into the guy's face I dry heaved.  

I liked the Old Spice commercials with the bitchy woman appropriating his Old Spice and employing people to support her (the marriage councilor, the group therapy people, etc), but I think that storyline has run its course. OK, it annoys me that the bitch doesn't buy extra Old Spice so they don't have to squabble over the single bottle.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Lume wouldn't help as it is not an antiperspirant. It stops bacteria from making odors.

If you are actually Dr. Shannon Klingman undercover as Chessiegal, this message is for you:  Stop starring in your product's commercials!  "I'm no mathmetician but it's infinite percent better than without Lume!" 

I am also no mathmetician, but if you think infinite percent is a thing, you don't have the most basic of math skills, Dr Klingman.  And you look sweaty and odd so close to the camera.  Just...why? 

I've seen commercials for Lume that do not include you and they are MUCH better.  Please stop annoying your potential customers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Pool party.   Young people.  Insurance.

I would never do business with a company that inflicts this kind of abuse on the public.

What makes me INSANE regarding this commercial is that you KNOW there's someone out there stupid enough to jump in a swimming pool with their laptop,  and then blame the commercial when the laptop is totally bricked. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I just looked it up. Martha Stewart is older than Medicare Martha.

And those god-awful IceT Car Shield commercials are back, "Savedmy family and I thousands of dollars."  What commercials went away to make room for these?

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 3

New one on my list of irritating... It is one of the Kartrashians...don't know which... selling her underwear line, She is stretched out on the floor pulling on her panties to show how they stretch and go back to shape. She says "Guys these are the most comfy...blah blah blah" Guys?? How many of you know guys that wear ladies panties?? She easily could have said "Ladies" Stupid ignorant and bad editing... grrrr

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I liked the Old Spice commercials with the bitchy woman appropriating his Old Spice and employing people to support her (the marriage councilor, the group therapy people, etc), but I think that storyline has run its course. OK, it annoys me that the bitch doesn't buy extra Old Spice so they don't have to squabble over the single bottle.

They had one several years ago where the woman bought herself a separate bottle, but the guy was still upset about it for some reason!

• Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Guys?? How many of you know guys that wear ladies panties?? She easily could have said "Ladies" Stupid ignorant and bad editing... grrrr

Well, I certainly have known men that wore women’s under garments. You probably do, too. Until recently, guys was accepted as a gender neutral term, with you guys subbing for y’all in the upper Midwest. I grew up using the term guys to mean groups of men, women or mixed groups. I understand with all the pronoun sensitivity going on that this is being re-examined. English doesn’t have a lot of gender neutral choices. What are we to do? Folks, people? If you really just want to address women, I find girls too twee and ladies eye roll worthy. And while I hate to attach any intelligence to that particular family, it may be likely that someone in marketing was aiming for gender neutrality.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 2soon2tell said:

Well, I certainly have known men that wore women’s under garments. You probably do, too. Until recently, guys was accepted as a gender neutral term, with you guys subbing for y’all in the upper Midwest. I grew up using the term guys to mean groups of men, women or mixed groups.

Or, technically, "youse guys."

• LOL 9
On 10/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, 2soon2tell said:
On 10/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, Gramto6 said:

Guys?? How many of you know guys that wear ladies panties?? She easily could have said "Ladies" Stupid ignorant and bad editing... grrrr

Well, I certainly have known men that wore women’s under garments. You probably do, too. Until recently, guys was accepted as a gender neutral term, with you guys subbing for y’all in the upper Midwest. I grew up using the term guys to mean groups of men, women or mixed groups. I understand with all the pronoun sensitivity going on that this is being re-examined. English doesn’t have a lot of gender neutral choices. What are we to do? Folks, people? If you really just want to address women, I find girls too twee and ladies eye roll worthy. And while I hate to attach any intelligence to that particular family, it may be likely that someone in marketing was aiming for gender neutrality.

I use the term you guys when speaking to a group of people as well no matter their gender.  I've always thought of it as the northeastern version of y'all 😄

Besides men can buy these undergarments for their wives or girlfriends.  It being a Kardashian brand I could see a lot of people wanting them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I use the term you guys when speaking to a group of people as well no matter their gender.  I've always thought of it as the northeastern version of y'all 😄

Besides men can buy these undergarments for their wives or girlfriends.  It being a Kardashian brand I could see a lot of people wanting them.

really? the reason i would not want them is because they are a kartrashian brand and i would not want to contribute a penny this fame whorish family

• Applause 7
  • Love 4
On 10/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, Gramto6 said:

New one on my list of irritating... It is one of the Kartrashians...don't know which... selling her underwear line, She is stretched out on the floor pulling on her panties to show how they stretch and go back to shape.

Not just stretched out on the floor in the ONLY undies she'll ever wear, but complete with full spackled on facial & body makeup,  strategic lighting and editing. I don't care how many nip/tucks, lipos, lifts, fillers, fat redistribution procedures she's had -  I refuse to believe someone as 'thicccccc' as Kim has nary a visible sign of stretch marks or cellulite

On 10/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

Or, technically, "youse guys."

Especially in 'Joisy'

On 10/25/2022 at 5:12 AM, KWalkerInc said:

They had one several years ago where the woman bought herself a separate bottle, but the guy was still upset about it for some reason!

If only the guy in the Summer's Eve commercial wasn't so hung up on losing his manliness after using his wife's 'V' specific shower gel! 

On 10/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, littlebennysmom said:

I am also no mathmetician, but if you think infinite percent is a thing, you don't have the most basic of math skills, Dr Klingman.  And you look sweaty and odd so close to the camera.  Just...why?

I know.  She looks like she needs both Lume AND a shower - complete with a good scrubbing of her stringy, greasy looking hair

And the Jacuzzi Bath Remodel commercial with Christina (El Moussa) Haack and her horrid vocal fry that makes my ears bleed

Speaking of the Medicare commercials - Joe Namath is out with a new one.  A lot more bearable than the one where he's grinning profusely.  And he's less shouty than JJ

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 10/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, Gramto6 said:

New one on my list of irritating... It is one of the Kartrashians...don't know which... selling her underwear line, She is stretched out on the floor pulling on her panties to show how they stretch and go back to shape. 

I haven't (thankfully) seen this ad, but reading your description, all I can say is the only time I've had to lie on the floor to put on an item of clothing was back in the late seventies when pulling up the zip on my jeans with a wire coat hanger.  The memory of how tight and constricting those jeans were (this is well before the time of stretchy denim) is not something I want to associate with knickers.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The newest LUME commercial is the worst.  A woman apparently has no body odor anywhere, so the “doctor” starts smelling her body parts just to make sure.  She even smells the woman’s butt.  I was waiting for the woman to pull down her pants and the doctor move in to sniff her crotch.  I’m surprised it didn’t go that far.  

• Mind Blown 10
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, ctlady said:

And the Jacuzzi Bath Remodel commercial with Christina (El Moussa) Haack and her horrid vocal fry that makes my ears bleed

And the horrendous upspeak (every sentence?  sounds like a question?).  Can’t take it.  I have to mute her. 

• Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, cinsays said:

really? the reason i would not want them is because they are a kartrashian brand and i would not want to contribute a penny this fame whorish family

Does anyone really believe Kris creates her own Christmas cards on Shutterfly?  (Oh, Shutterfly, I'm so disappointed in you.)

16 hours ago, ctlady said:

Ugh, her delivery drives me crazy.  Another spokesperson I cannot understand.  Does she really have enough of a positive image to promote products?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Has anyone mentioned the commercial that features a "Karate door?" WTF is that? It seems like the writers wanted something to be the stupidest mash up in the world and we are all just supposed to be like "yeah, that would be awesome?"  It grates every time I see it, am I alone it this?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Has anyone mentioned the commercial that features a "Karate door?" WTF is that? It seems like the writers wanted something to be the stupidest mash up in the world and we are all just supposed to be like "yeah, that would be awesome?"  It grates every time I see it, am I alone it this?

IKR?!  That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen!  A door with these arms and legs sticking out--ewww.  Is it supposed to be funny?  I would run away screaming.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Apparently I haven't seen that commercial, but it sounds like a door one can easily break thru, possibly to escape a fire in the house! 😀

I know it's been mentioned before, but I am beyond tired of seeing commercials for Camp Lejune class action lawsuits! 🤬

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, KLovestoShop said:

The newest LUME commercial is the worst.  A woman apparently has no body odor anywhere, so the “doctor” starts smelling her body parts just to make sure.  She even smells the woman’s butt.  I was waiting for the woman to pull down her pants and the doctor move in to sniff her crotch.  I’m surprised it didn’t go that far.  

Some day, it will go that far.  Just wait.

It'll be the "new edginess" where the envelope is pushed ever so closer to the edge.

• Mind Blown 6

There's a somewhat new Hilton commercial featuring a brat who reminds me a lot of Nellie Olsen 2 sticking her nose up or shrieking at food being served to her before getting pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream on top. 

Now that I think about it, why are they getting that weird meals in the first place? *ponder*

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

There's a somewhat new Hilton commercial featuring a brat who reminds me a lot of Nellie Olsen 2 sticking her nose up or shrieking at food being served to her before getting pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream on top. 

Now that I think about it, why are they getting that weird meals in the first place? *ponder*

I'll take 'em. Especially the lobster!

On 10/26/2022 at 6:48 PM, KLovestoShop said:

OMG!! I just saw that one for the first time yesterday. YUK!  I am afraid of what they will come up with next!

• Love 4
On 10/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, cynicat said:

I'm not as bothered by the Martha Medicare commercials as some of you.  That being said, I am currently being bombarded and heard something that made me chuckle.  She asks something like "Why can't they automatically renew my benefits?" and in their own commercial, they dodge the question.

There's a new one with a puppet Martha.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, even with our employer-provided insurance, you have to re-renew. 'Cause things change, obviously. And people would bitch if they automatically renewed and then *anything* changed. My husband is going on Medicare next year (while still being employed) and I dread figuring out yet another thing (I do the medical sign-ups).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Yeah, even with our employer-provided insurance, you have to re-renew. 'Cause things change, obviously. And people would bitch if they automatically renewed and then *anything* changed. My husband is going on Medicare next year (while still being employed) and I dread figuring out yet another thing (I do the medical sign-ups).

With my employer-provided insurance, we don't have to renew every year, but we do have to sign a form saying that nothing has changed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2022 at 4:35 AM, cynicat said:

Since we're on the subject of genitalia, the Uqora commercial for UTIs annoys me.  She says "I had eight UTIs in a year" and then her partner Spencer looks at her with a big smile.  

Wash your fucking dick, Spencer.

Thanks, Cynicat. Every time I see this commercial, I chuckle over your post, and quote the last line. My hubby laughs, too!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4