Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I can't stand this woman and that bowl of chicken scraps with mac and cheese just looks nasty. 

Usually, fast food looks better in the commercials than the real stuff. But that bowl of mac 'n cheese with fried chicken looks disgusting. 🤢 I give the actor a pass. She's being paid.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Usually, fast food looks better in the commercials than the real stuff. But that bowl of mac 'n cheese with fried chicken looks disgusting. 🤢 I give the actor a pass. She's being paid.

Well, Jimmie Walker is getting paid.  🙄

Still doesn't excuse some of these awful commercials that annoy, irritate or outright enrage.

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Still doesn't excuse some of these awful commercials that annoy, irritate or outright enrage.

Milage varies. She doesn't bother me. Does a fairly credible job of selling that swill.

ETA: Jimmy Walker doesn't bother me either. I find him mildly amusing.

Edited by chessiegal
58 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Agreed. I can't stand the woman who squeals "We got the house, teeheeheehee!" And she says it in the first second of the commercial  before you can even reach for the remote.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I don't think it's a bad idea, but it does not look good in the commercial.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I remember those "famous bowls" at KFC having so many different components that they started smelling like garbage to me. While these keep the number of ingredients low enough for that to be unlikely, they look much the same and it's very off-putting.

• Applause 5

This pizza hut commercial has me in an absolute rage. They play it multiple times a day & I do mean multiple. Sometimes it gets played, then another commercial comes on, then it plays again. I've even seen it played right after it's played. I see it played all over the place, I can't get away from it. I just saw it 7 times during a one hour show I watched, & that's not the worst. I HATE IT.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I remember those "famous bowls" at KFC having so many different components that they started smelling like garbage to me. While these keep the number of ingredients low enough for that to be unlikely, they look much the same and it's very off-putting.

Exactly!  I always thought they looked like what I scraped into the trash after a meal.

• Applause 4
16 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I can't stand this woman and that bowl of chicken scraps with mac and cheese just looks nasty. 

THat picture makes me want to wretch. Not unlike the Velveeta commercial where the old woman rides a lawnmower while holding a martinit glass full of said cheese sludge. Vile. 

8 hours ago, GaT said:

This pizza hut commercial has me in an absolute rage. They play it multiple times a day & I do mean multiple. Sometimes it gets played, then another commercial comes on, then it plays again. I've even seen it played right after it's played. I see it played all over the place, I can't get away from it. I just saw it 7 times during a one hour show I watched, & that's not the worst. I HATE IT.

Craig Robinson absolutely should be a huge star by now. He's better than this. So much better than this and sniffing a stranger's Gain washed drawers. 

• Love 8

That Deliwich by Hot Pockets commercial. Two teenagers are talking about how much they love these things. "Our parents just grab them out of the freezer and they thaw perfectly." It does seem these two should be perfectly capable of "grabbing" them by themselves.

• Love 10

Because Lume ads are the gift that keep on giving, Dr. Kingman has a sponsored ad on her IG page (that I have tried desperately to find, but it's not on her feed or stories) where she demonstrates using the Lume wipes.  Perhaps it's a bit too TMI for a tv ad, but then again - after seeing the ad of the mom with a leg up on the tub showing her daughter how to insert a tampon, I don't think anything's off limits now.

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

That Deliwich by Hot Pockets commercial. Two teenagers are talking about how much they love these things. "Our parents just grab them out of the freezer and they thaw perfectly." It does seem these two should be perfectly capable of "grabbing" them by themselves.

They should also be perfectly capable of making their own damn sandwiches, too.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

The Golden Corral commercial. 

I can't decide which is worse, making a joke of sexism, making a joke about the reality that many fathers do shamelessly favor their sons, or seemingly condoning both at the girl's expense.   This commercial runs at every break on CNN.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I can't decide which is worse, making a joke of sexism, making a joke about the reality that many fathers do shamelessly favor their sons, or seemingly condoning both at the girl's expense.   This commercial runs at every break on CNN.

I think the girl will be a very good actor some day and we'll know who she is. The other two? Totally forgettable.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 8/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, chessiegal said:

Yeah that is some seriously gross looking "food". i can  just taste the pasty, glue-like gel that adheres the macaroni to the cheese and the "chicken". IMO, KFC is only one step above Alpo dog food. 

I've never eaten Alpo but it might be better than KFC

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, millennium said:

I always thought it was the other way around in that fathers favour daughters rather than sons. My father favours my sister & always has but maybe that's because she actually talks to him now but I've always felt that was the case.

I also see a lot of younger couples where the father favours the daughter rather than the son mainly if the daughter is a couple of years younger but it may just seem that way or times really are a changing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, ctlady said:

Because Lume ads are the gift that keep on giving, Dr. Kingman has a sponsored ad on her IG page (that I have tried desperately to find, but it's not on her feed or stories) where she demonstrates using the Lume wipes.  Perhaps it's a bit too TMI for a tv ad, but then again - after seeing the ad of the mom with a leg up on the tub showing her daughter how to insert a tampon, I don't think anything's off limits now.

There is a commercial where she threatens to demonstrate using the butt deodorant.  Thank god she doesn't.

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I always thought it was the other way around in that fathers favour daughters rather than sons.

It varies from family to family, but the stereotype is fathers favoring sons.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think the girl will be a very good actor some day and we'll know who she is. The other two? Totally forgettable.

I find the ad kind of funny, basically do to the girl's excellent delivery of her lines.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I really hate the Amazon commercial where the mother tells the daughter that she's at an age where she is going to want to pay full price for things.  Like wtf? Who wants to pay full price?  Some billionaire?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, partofme said:

I really hate the Amazon commercial where the mother tells the daughter that she's at an age where she is going to want to pay full price for things.  Like wtf? Who wants to pay full price?  Some billionaire?

Billionaires never pay full price for anything, that's how they get to be billionaires.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, partofme said:

It is a stupid commercial. I get where they were going with it, but it falls short of the mark. You'd think with all of Bezos' money they could afford a better commercial.

The commercial that's driving me crazy now is the Hartford Insurance commercial with Matt McCoy. One version goes along fine until Matt says that as people get older, they drive more careful. nonononononono. They drive more carefully!

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, partofme said:

In fairness kids think everything is cheap at full price until they leave home & start paying their own bills.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

The commercial that's driving me crazy now is the Hartford Insurance commercial with Matt McCoy. One version goes along fine until Matt says that as people get older, they drive more careful. nonononononono. They drive more carefully!

Why can't he be more like Lloyd Braun?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

There’s a Swiffer ad I’ve been seeing where they’re explaining why their product is better than mopping, and they show a person hand-wringing a nasty looking string mop. Does anyone actually do that? I’ve been cleaning my floors for decades and I’ve had forty-eleven varieties of mops, but not one required me to squeeze it out by hand!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

There’s a Swiffer ad I’ve been seeing where they’re explaining why their product is better than mopping, and they show a person hand-wringing a nasty looking string mop. Does anyone actually do that? I’ve been cleaning my floors for decades and I’ve had forty-eleven varieties of mops, but not one required me to squeeze it out by hand!

I've had sponge mops that require me to squish down on the sponge with a smashy thing. I've never used a string mop.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I've had sponge mops that require me to squish down on the sponge with a smashy thing. I've never used a string mop.

10 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I use a string mop at work when I have a spill, but I have the corresponding mop bucket that has the part on top that squishes the mop.  So, no, I've never had to wring out a string mop by hand.

Yes exactly!  I know string mops exist but in reality they’re paired with a squeeze device. I’ve had the squishy sponge mops but settled on the microfiber stringy ones with a built in squeezer sort of like this

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Libman-Wonder-Twist-Mop/1002369

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2022 at 4:16 PM, Crashcourse said:

Dang it all. I just had to click to watch the video, and now I have her little song stuck in my head! 🥴😵 Lol although I have seen that before. 

• LOL 2

I use the store-brand equivalent to a wet swiffer.  My SIL, the fanatic, vacuums, then steam-swiffers,  She also has a "Cuban Mop" that she sometimes uses. She's also a "wiper" - she just canNOT stop wiping surfaces.

Cuban Mop: You wrap some wet rag around it to mop. I don't get it.

0f8fe30ca2229be0da8ba05f3c49ec5f-2903062549.jpg

• Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

My beef with Swiffer is that it creates a lot of unnecessary trash.  Wring out the damn mop.

I have a steamer. Totally environmentally friendly  --- no chemicals, no pads to throw away,  no odor/germ haven strings. Floor dries almost instantly.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

My beef with Swiffer is that it creates a lot of unnecessary trash.  Wring out the damn mop.

I posted about this a while back in a different area here, but o’cedar makes what is basically a swiffer mop, but with a refillable solution bottle and washable pads. So, good for spills/touch ups but without the disposable-ness. I don’t have the link handy at the moment but if you google/Amazon search for something like “ocedar spray mop” it will probably come up. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I have a steamer. Totally environmentally friendly  --- no chemicals, no pads to throw away,  no odor/germ haven strings. Floor dries almost instantly.  

Me too. One of my fav things. Almost makes cleaning the floor pleasant. Almost. 😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, chessiegal said:

"I got a big ole mess for $5!  I got a big ole mess for $5!  It's got scraps and stank and leavings galore, I GOT A BIG OLE MESS FOR $5!"

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5

Ugh, the arrogant lady in the Pedialyte commercial sounds like such a jerk — “they drink what they’re told to drink, I drink what rehydrates me.” Oooh, you’re just so unique and special and superior! (And “what they’re told…” could very well be Pedialyte)!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ugh, the arrogant lady in the Pedialyte commercial sounds like such a jerk — “they drink what they’re told to drink, I drink what rehydrates me.” Oooh, you’re just so unique and special and superior! (And “what they’re told…” could very well be Pedialyte)!

I tried Pedialyte once  and it was so salty I tossed the whole bottle after a couple sips!

• Useful 2

I HATE THE WHOLE COMMERCIAL THE JINGLE, THE RYHMING, THE WHISPERING!!!!😱 ESPECIALLY THAT STUPID RED HEAD LADY WITH GLASSES I HATE HER!!!!😡 I wish we could get rid of this Annoying Commercial!! 
We MUST WRITE TO THIS COMPANY AND TELL THEM TO CHANGE THE WHOLE FORMAT OF THE COMMERCIAL OR START A PETITION!!! To remove this commercial!! I can’t stand this commercial it hurts my ears!!! 
how do we get them to change the whole format of the commercial?🫣😝

On 8/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, chessiegal said:

Every time my husband walks through the room and sees the Lume commercial he says - oh, it's the stinky lady

She is even starting to look like she stinks - pudgy and sweaty.  

On 8/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, nittany cougar said:

I cannot stand this commercial for Knix bras.  My first problem is that shoving your boobs into these bras does not look any more comfortable than underwire bras. 

They most certainly don't.  They look no different than a bulky sports bra that just adds bulk under a sweater or tshirt.  I've been wearing underwire for years (I'm a full c-cup) and have never experienced any digging or discomfort - unless the fabric ripped and the wire poked out - ouch!

The AngelSoft ad with the mom potty training her little girl.  

"Are you done?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Okay." [unrolls wad of AngelSoft]

"Gotta go again."

[scrunchy cute faced mom]  "Really?"

Nothing cute or adorable about the little girl's "uh oh.....guess I really wasn't done after all".  Mom ..just let her sit there, close the door, go do your thing and she'll call for you when she's done.  Sitting there watching her is only going to make her clench up

• Applause 5
  • Love 5