Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

It didn't strike so strongly, The older woman smiles.

Well, it just looks to me that the old woman was initially wondering why she was there and then the other people turned to look because she was speaking loudly that she wanted to order some food.  nothing stink-eyed to me.  if i'm somewhere eating and someone loudly says something, i turn to look too.

• Love 1

speaking of really slow dancing....

why do all the ads for Prevagen (which supposedly makes old people feel .... not quite so old...) why do they show the people dancing or playing basketball in slow motion, etc.? I thought you're supposed to feel like you're 20 again?

or the woman who goes first thing in the morning to her "art studio" where she does watercolors that look much like my kids' preschool works, complete with way too much water so the paper is buckling.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/njkQ/prevagen-patricia

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And please no more of the commercial for Alexa with 2 older folks slow (REALLY slow) dancing to I only Have Eyes For You. Stupid earworm song. 

I initially liked that commercial and I love that song, but the more I see the commercial the more I want to cringe now.  Both the younger and older versions of the couple look creepy to me now, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I saw it for the first time yesterday.  You're right --- she absolutely says "pudge." What the ?????

This is a Nancy Ann Storybook doll. There is a specific subset of these known as "pudgy tummies"

image.png.1eee85ca99484771dfd4afce75004845.png

• Love 1

My hatred of the oh so cutesy woman in the Walgreens ad knows no bounds. She thinks she's so cute and quirky. No. You're annoying. Stop acting like a child. How she has a boyfriend (who is super hot) is beyond me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ctlady said:

Move over Lume -here comes Carpe , though it looks to only target hands, feet and underboob sweat and not [whisper] private parts

And we named it Carpe, because we don't want to tell you that you smell like fish.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

speaking of really slow dancing....

why do all the ads for Prevagen (which supposedly makes old people feel .... not quite so old...) why do they show the people dancing or playing basketball in slow motion, etc.? I thought you're supposed to feel like you're 20 again?

or the woman who goes first thing in the morning to her "art studio" where she does watercolors that look much like my kids' preschool works, complete with way too much water so the paper is buckling.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/njkQ/prevagen-patricia

Here is Greg, who is looking healthy and having fun. He could drop dead at any moment, but he looks good.

• LOL 5

Hate the carvana lady. I hate her.  She fills my heart and my very soul with rage. If I could kick her I would. I very much would. 

Also. The Lume commercial where she's literally sniffing people's butts and crotches during yoga? My GOSH, LADY! When you are that close to peoples no no zones you're typically all distracted by sexy good times. If you are not down there for sexy good times kindly remove yo' face from people's AREAS. 

I very much needed to get that off my chest. I feel better now. 

Also I hate Jo. And her friends. And her family. And the cranky coworker who hates everyone. I may be a cranky coworker who hates everyone and I'm cool with that. I dont need to see some version of me with vocal fry hawking insurance. Kindly, can your 15 minutes/commercial fame be UP?! Please?! Who do I have to beg?

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

This is a Nancy Ann Storybook doll. There is a specific subset of these known as "pudgy tummies"

image.png.1eee85ca99484771dfd4afce75004845.png

The term "pudgy" I am familiar with.  The only "pudge" I've heard of is  Rodriguez (whom you wouldn't have heard of unless you're a baseball fan.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

My hatred of the oh so cutesy woman in the Walgreens ad knows no bounds. She thinks she's so cute and quirky. No. You're annoying. Stop acting like a child. How she has a boyfriend (who is super hot) is beyond me. 

As a male I find her antics kind of cute.  She doesn't bother me (the running of the commercial at every break does, however). She's no where as bad as the ZocDoc pee lady.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Colleenna said:

The term "pudgy" I am familiar with.  The only "pudge" I've heard of is  Rodriguez (whom you wouldn't have heard of unless you're a baseball fan.)

I've heard of Pudge Rodriguez, my DH is a big baseball fan.

• LOL 2
On 6/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, cinsays said:

Well, it just looks to me that the old woman was initially wondering why she was there and then the other people turned to look because she was speaking loudly that she wanted to order some food.  nothing stink-eyed to me.  if i'm somewhere eating and someone loudly says something, i turn to look too.

Yes, the older woman is fine, I suppose I meant the couple in the restaurant, the woman in particular. LOL 

The recent commercial where the woman is telling her boyfriend’s  parents she’s pregnant is cute. (She meant to say embarrassed)! 

• Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, cinsays said:

The woman at the table does furrow her brow, but I always took it as them being surprised that an American was in there attempting to speak Spanish.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, janie jones said:

The woman at the table does furrow her brow, but I always took it as them being surprised that an American was in there attempting to speak Spanish.

Yes. Usually we just speak English, louder. And louder.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

It may have been mentioned before, but what's the deal with all the stuff that stops you from sweating for several days at a time? Do people realize there's a reason one sweats? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

They used to advertise a topical anti-perspirant that did that back in the 80s. A former roommate of mine said he tried it and his feet took up the slack of all the sweat the product was preventing.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

It may have been mentioned before, but what's the deal with all the stuff that stops you from sweating for several days at a time? Do people realize there's a reason one sweats? 🤔

The products don't stop you from sweating.  What they do is stop you from sweating in certain places while you still sweat somewhere else.  There are occasions where you don't want visible sweat on your underarms, or your hands, or your brow.  So you use the heavy-duty antiperspirants in those areas, and live with sweating somewhere else that is less visible.   

• Like 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The products don't stop you from sweating.  What they do is stop you from sweating in certain places while you still sweat somewhere else.  There are occasions where you don't want visible sweat on your underarms, or your hands, or your brow.  So you use the heavy-duty antiperspirants in those areas, and live with sweating somewhere else that is less visible.   

Boob sweat is the worst.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
16 hours ago, Colleenna said:
18 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Yes. Usually we just speak English, louder. And louder.

And more slowly. 🙄

Ala Rush Hour

"Do....you...understand.....the...words...coming...out...of....my....mouth?"

18 hours ago, janie jones said:

The woman at the table does furrow her brow, but I always took it as them being surprised that an American was in there attempting to speak Spanish

This kind of annoys me because, if it were the other way around - a Spanish woman struggling to order in English and those sitting in the restaurant making pained faces at her - that would most likely be pegged as racist

On 6/20/2022 at 5:38 PM, Stevie Nicks said:

Yes!  I posted about her a page or two back.  Her goofball mannerisms grate.  Oh, and I have a thing about people who try on hats in stores.  Yeah, I know....how else are you going to know if it looks good if you don't try it on, but......ick, oily hair and cooties!

Edited by ctlady
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I'd rather this than seeing able bodied, not-busy or with their arms filled with grocery bags or children saying, "Alexa....add soy, chai latte powder to my grocery list"  Go grab a pencil and paper!  Ugh - these people belong in the same room as the "Hungry Root came through" singing lady

That wasn't my post that you quoted.

7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

that wasn't my post that you quoted.

So sorry.....correcting below

On 6/20/2022 at 4:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

And please no more of the commercial for Alexa with 2 older folks slow (REALLY slow) dancing to I only Have Eyes For You. Stupid earworm song

I'd rather this than seeing able bodied, not-busy or with their arms filled with grocery bags or children saying, "Alexa....add soy, chai latte powder to my grocery list"  Go grab a pencil and paper!  Ugh - these people belong in the same room as the "Hungry Root came through" singing lady

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I love Alexa for making shopping lists. I think it, speak it, and it's on my phone when I get to the store. No need to stop what I'm doing, find paper and pen, remember to take paper list to the store. Very efficient.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I love Alexa for making shopping lists. I think it, speak it, and it's on my phone when I get to the store. No need to stop what I'm doing, find paper and pen, remember to take paper list to the store. Very efficient.

I have a grocery list app on my phone.

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As I understand it, your underarms are where most of the sweat glans are located, so if you block them off, you're not ventilating properly. It reminded me of this old commercial with a bunch of young men working out and the gym coach, seeing the one guy wasn't sweating, made them work harder and longer.

Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Does Sonic troll the Wal Mart reject pile for the people they put in their ads?

I miss the two guys they used to have.  The jokes were incredibly stupid, but I could understand what they were saying, and I knew they were just actors pretending to be stupid, not actual stupid people.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, 2soon2tell said:

I miss the two guys they used to have.  The jokes were incredibly stupid, but I could understand what they were saying, and I knew they were just actors pretending to be stupid, not actual stupid people.

Seriously.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, 2soon2tell said:

I've since found out that those two guys were friends in real life when they were cast for the commercial and go way back with Seth Meyers and Jack McBrayer (an old photo from the late 90s with all four of them is at 1:37 of the video).

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, Crashcourse said:

I initially liked that commercial and I love that song, but the more I see the commercial the more I want to cringe now.  Both the younger and older versions of the couple look creepy to me now, lol.  

They are creepy, mainly because she has apparently grown 12 inches since they were in high school together.

• Applause 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

They are creepy, mainly because she has apparently grown 12 inches since they were in high school together.

Or he's shrunk 12 inches. A real head scratcher why they didn't do better casting when it comes to the height difference. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 5

There's a Quicken commercial constantly on the channels my husband watches.  I've never actually seen the commercial, just heard it multiple times.  

"I'll have my house paid off in 12 years and I'll retire at 61."  Not in this economy, you smarmy jackass.

• Sad 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, madmax said:

There's a Quicken commercial constantly on the channels my husband watches.  I've never actually seen the commercial, just heard it multiple times.  

"I'll have my house paid off in 12 years and I'll retire at 61."  Not in this economy, you smarmy jackass.

yeah, i hate that one too

and retiring at 61 is not that great, 50 maybe, but........

• Love 5

Plus the woman trying the sour patch kids slush whatever looks like she's not exactly enjoying it.

• Like 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, BookWitch said:

Applebees rock and roll all night.

Why are all the rock bands letting their songs be used in cheesy commercials? 

Usually because they sold the publishing rights to the highest bidder & they in turn let others use them for whatever purpose they want, at a price of course. This also explains why the songs are usually not sung by the original band/musician, that costs extra & they have to get permission from the artists for that.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 8
18 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Usually because they sold the publishing rights to the highest bidder & they in turn let others use them for whatever purpose they want, at a price of course. This also explains why the songs are usually not sung by the original band/musician, that costs extra & they have to get permission from the artists for that.

Also a lot of young bands just let their record companies buy their songs for cheap back in the day. You signed a recording contract back then, the record company owned your ass.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Also a lot of young bands just let their record companies buy their songs for cheap back in the day. You signed a recording contract back then, the record company owned your ass.

In the past musicians didn't understand the future value of their music, which lead to their selling their publishing rights.  Somewhat similar to residuals for TV actors.  Early on they didn't think there was any future value to their work, and they got screwed too.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/22/2022 at 4:22 AM, Gharlane said:

That must be the ad for Carpe antiperspirant? I bought some. It smelled so strong and unpleasant. Gross. I don't need body odor control, just perspiration control. Carpe I had to keep the lid off for weeks to calm down the "scent". 

So next on my agenda: The Colonial Penn guy who is now, apparently getting recognized in his local grocery store by the elderly customers who have seen him on TV. 😂 Yeah right. How stupid does Colonial Penn think older folks are that they would A: believe their spokesperson shops at our local grocery store and B: buy their over priced insurance. STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SENIORS!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So next on my agenda: The Colonial Penn guy who is now, apparently getting recognized in his local grocery store by the elderly customers who have seen him on TV. 😂 Yeah right. How stupid does Colonial Penn think older folks are that they would A: believe their spokesperson shops at our local grocery store and B: buy their over priced insurance. STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SENIORS!

C:  There's no way they'd recognize him.  My mom has enough trouble recognizing her own grandkids!

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

That must be the ad for Carpe antiperspirant? I bought some. It smelled so strong and unpleasant. Gross. I don't need body odor control, just perspiration control. Carpe I had to keep the lid off for weeks to calm down the "scent". 

It's usually $9.95 per unit,  which could be $1000.00, so you might need 9-10 units to cover a funeral.  That's $90.00 or more a month So it's misleading for sure 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I lothe those stupid minons but especially this commercial because that horn sounds like a patent struggling to breathe 

fk minions 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, xls said:

I lothe those stupid minons

every time my husband and I see that particular ad we thank our stars that our kids were too old when those movies started coming out. Those minions are freakin' annoying.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5