Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

Why does Samsung think I'd want one of their new phones because some moronic, unintelligible thug has one? And then this same asshole goes to the store, buys one beer and pours it all over his phone.

And speaking of Samsung, if I see that "Chardonnay and gravy" couple one more time, I'm putting a bullet through my TV.

Too bad for Samsung. They have great phones and appliances but I've come to hate them.

I'm confused about this post because I can't figure out what Li'l Wayne is doing that is so thuggish in the commercial.  To me thuggish behavior is attacking someone, unless he's being thuggish to his phone by pouring champagne over it, which to me is silly behavior, not thuggish.

• Love 6

Ahh, American Addiction Center. First, I have utmost respect for people who are fighting an addiction. But the actor (it as to be an actor, a bad actor) who has two kids and ....slipped.....makes me want to scream- "you didn't slip, you fucked up, creep!"

• Love 3

Ahh, American Addiction Center. First, I have utmost respect for people who are fighting an addiction. But the actor (it as to be an actor, a bad actor) who has two kids and ....slipped.....makes me want to scream- "you didn't slip, you fucked up, creep!"

Actually, "slipped" is the term if someone has been sober and goes back out.

Actually, "slipped" is the term if someone has been sober and goes back out.

My apologies, I'm not up on the lingo. Somehow "slipped" seemed to trivialize the situation to me, especially as he seems to be grasping for the most inoffensive word.  Anyway, I find the guy himself creepy and artificial as much as the terminology.

• Love 1

My apologies, I'm not up on the lingo. Somehow "slipped" seemed to trivialize the situation to me, especially as he seems to be grasping for the most inoffensive word.  Anyway, I find the guy himself creepy and artificial as much as the terminology.

Well, the reason behind saying "slipped" is because someone can get back up after a slip.  If you say, "you fucked up" the person might not even want to try to get sober again, and that would be a bad thing.  Nothing creepy about not wanting someone to just kill themselves with alcohol or drugs.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, the reason behind saying "slipped" is because someone can get back up after a slip.  If you say, "you fucked up" the person might not even want to try to get sober again, and that would be a bad thing.  Nothing creepy about not wanting someone to just kill themselves with alcohol or drugs.

I respect any addicted person's efforts to get clean as I said in my original post re: this commercial. As I said, I'm not familiar with the terminology, I've been fortunate that way. No disrespect intended.

I just find that man creepy and "slipping" in the same breath as mentioning he has kids seemed to me to be giving himself way too much slack, considering the damage to the kids. (I realize this is a scripted commercial, not real life.) This is a commercial, with an actor,  for a business, probably a for-profit business so I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on it. The fate of the free world doesn't hang in the balance but it annoys me.YMMV

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 3
(edited)

I respect any addicted person's efforts to get clean as I said in my original post re: this commercial. As I said, I'm not familiar with the terminology, I've been fortunate that way. No disrespect intended.

I just find that man creepy and "slipping" in the same breath as mentioning he has kids seemed to me to be giving himself way too much slack, considering tthe damage to the kids. (I realize this is a scripted commercial, not real life.) This is a commercial, with an actor,  for a business, probably a for-profit business so I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on it. The fate of the free world doesn't hang in the balance but it annoys me.YMMV

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2

Yes, clean eating is whole foods nothing processed. They'll pretty my bread out of my cold dead hand. Why am I thinking of Oprah all the sudden?

Talk of clean eating makes me think of Euell Gibbons (Grape Nuts ad, circa 1970s).

• Love 12

:)  There is nothing wrong in trying it and liking it!  I stand corrected if Arby's is making a tasty Gyro, I wouldn't have thought it possible, because the meat seems sort of difficult, as does the bread.  Kudos to them for being able to replicate the taste and deliciousness in a format that works across the country.

Not Arby's hate, I think that the things that they do, they do well.  Roast Beef sandwiches with cheese on some sort of onion bun.  I like most fast food places (except Taco Bell) for what I think the do well....which is more American style fast food.  Which is tasty.  But, I always felt Gyros relied on the softness of the bread, the tanginess of the tziki (spelling) sauce and just the right amount of that delicious slow cooked meat.  I couldn't envision how Arby's could capture all of that, or how any fast food place could (except maybe for guys selling gyros out of those food carts).  I don't see how it could even be done on a large scale.

Especially given that the "delicious slow-cooked meat" in a traditional gyro is seasoned lamb.

Now, what I'm more afraid of is the looks I'll get if I try to order one using the correct pronunciation of gyro.  As a speaker of Modern Greek for over 36 years, I'll instinctively say it the Greek way:  "GHEE-roh."  "JI-ro" makes my ears hurt.

• Love 6

Especially given that the "delicious slow-cooked meat" in a traditional gyro is seasoned lamb.

The radio ads say that the "ancient Grecians" (not Greeks) would look at Arby's "yuros" and wonder what kind of a sheep a beef was.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well Lil Hitler back on the Breyers Gelato commercials. Every time that kid walks into the kitchen and demands to know if his parents are eating ice cream, I want to scream "Go back to bed, you little shit!" What kind of lame-ass parents let their kid intimidate them like that?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7

Well Lil Hitler back on the Breyers Gelato commercials. Every time that kid walks into the kitchen and demands to know if his parents are eating ice cream, I want to scream "Go back to bed, you little shit!" What kind of lame-ass parents let their kid intimidate them like that?

Quite a few, based on what I see in stores.

• Love 8

Yes, that little Caesars ad needs to go away.

But mostly because even though I know it's just soft white bread and gooey cheese, it makes me want some.

you need more of a reason than soft white bread and gooey cheese?

Although, for my money, even though its cheap and not fancy....Pizza Hut does the finest job at making a gut busting white bread and gooey cheese....and then they put cheese in the crust!  Thank goodness I'm off glutens, because that sounds so tasty right now.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the parents in the gelato commercial are assholes! They're also what made me make the post about the ice cream left on the spoons that they pull out of their mouths.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
(edited)

These Panera Bread commercials are getting on my last nerve "soup & sandwich & cannonballs & clean & real & looking good & sandwich & soup & personal best" Every time she says "soup & sandwich" & then the next time says "sandwich & soup" I want to go to Panera & punch somebody. Most especially whoever thought up this whole "clean" crap they're doing now.

edited because it makes me want to punch somebody, not bunch them. Proofreading, an art I do not possess. 

Edited by GaT
  • Love 12

If I remember correctly, the time I tried the Arby's gyro it was just their regular roast beef with some magic seasoning dust on it to make it taste similar to the real deal.  Probably similar to the stuff they put on the gyro flavored Lay's potato chips last year.

• Love 4

These Panera Bread commercials are getting on my last nerve "soup & sandwich & cannonballs & clean & real & looking good & sandwich & soup & personal best" Every time she says "soup & sandwich" & then the next time says "sandwich & soup" I want to go to Panera & punch somebody. Most especially whoever thought up this whole "clean" crap they're doing now.

edited because it makes me want to punch somebody, not bunch them. Proofreading, an art I do not possess. 

In addition to the commercials being annoying, I just can't stand that "clean" bitch's voice.  I walked into Panera today, looked up at the lunch menu.  I didn't see any soup and sandwich combination that I was especially interested in.   I saw a new sandwich listed that was turkey and kale.  I think they're trying to appeal to millennials and with this "clean" crap.   I walked out and went to Subway.

I like the morning staff at my local Panera and they recognize me and greet me by name now, but I'll just stick to going only in the morning for coffee and pastry. 

• Love 7

In addition to the commercials being annoying, I just can't stand that "clean" bitch's voice.  I walked into Panera today, looked up at the lunch menu.  I didn't see any soup and sandwich combination that I was especially interested in.   I saw a new sandwich listed that was turkey and kale.  I think they're trying to appeal to millennials and with this "clean" crap.   I walked out and went to Subway.

I like the morning staff at my local Panera and they recognize me and greet me by name now, but I'll just stick to going only in the morning for coffee and pastry. 

I used to go there for lunch almost every day because I'm into soup, but they stopped changing their soups & now I'm so bored with what they have that I hardly ever go. I remember they had a potato & kale (they are seriously into kale & quinoa) & turkey sausage soup that was awesome, but they only had it for a few months & never brought it back, I wait every summer for the lemon chicken orzo soup because they say it's seasonal (is there an orzo season?) so they only have it for about 6 weeks a year, I'm not a big fan of their sandwiches though I like the steak & arugula one, & they haven't had the "add shrimp" feature for a couple of years & I used to add shrimp to the Greek salad which was delicious. They strike me as one of those companies that decide what their customers want, whether they actually want it or not.

• Love 5
They strike me as one of those companies that decide what their customers want, whether they actually want it or not.

I think that's it.  I've been pissed off in the past because they keep changing the menu and it seems like the very things I like (like a turkey/sliced apple/cheese sandwich) they only have for a few weeks, it seems.  Then they get rid of it.  Same thing with some of the soups.  The pastries seem to be the only things that are consistent.

• Love 2

I LOVE Panera! I eat there at least once a week. I'm addicted to their Thai chicken salad and turkey chili. My husband is very fond of their chicken wild rice soup and Cobb salad with avocado. We both like their black bean soup.

• Love 4

I LOVE Panera! I eat there at least once a week. I'm addicted to their Thai chicken salad and turkey chili. My husband is very fond of their chicken wild rice soup and Cobb salad with avocado. We both like their black bean soup.

All I can say is, enjoy it while you can because they'll probably discontinue it somewhere down the line.  

• Love 3

There are some menu items at Panera that stay forever, and some "seasonal"  items.  Like, some months they have apples on sandwiches, in salads, etc.   Summer months they have light soups. 

Anyway - if you have a loyalty card, one special they're running right no is a free bagel every day in April.  You have to sign up with an email address, but it's a FREE BAGEL.  The best bagel is the cinnamon crunch one. BUT - they charged me $1.25 for cream cheese. if you get a coffee too, you're paying over $3 for that free bagel.  Since I'm currently unemployed, I'll just take that bagel to go. 

• Love 5

All I can say is, enjoy it while you can because they'll probably discontinue it somewhere down the line.  

But every time they change it, they add something I really like! Plus I get free or discounted stuff with my Panera card. And they donate left over bread to our local Food Bank.

• Love 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-sFm440cts

MY PEOPLE! That stupid Panera commercial gets on my nerves! I thought I was the only one! You summed up my feelings perfectly! Bless this thread!

• Love 7

I hate Ricky Gervais in the best of times, but now that he's shilling for Verizon Wireless, he's almost impossible to avoid. And now that he's shilling for commercials, how does he maintain his "outsider" status? Isn't that his schtick when he hosts award shows?

• Love 7

This needs to go away, ASAP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rswi95_dHtg

I was just about to post this myself!  Gah those severed heads singing freaks me the F out!!  It is so damn creepy.

LoL but I would like to see someone get bunched though =)  Yeah the Panera commercials get on my nerves too just for the simple fact that her food is going to get all wet!  Gah!  I'm weird about my food.

• Love 3

I like food in Panera Bread; my problem with the commercials is that they are very hipster-ish to me, very "we're so cool we eat at Panera Bread and if you don't eat at Panera Bread, you're a loser."

• Love 6

I like food in Panera Bread; my problem with the commercials is that they are very hipster-ish to me, very "we're so cool we eat at Panera Bread and if you don't eat at Panera Bread, you're a loser."

Y'know, I was eating at Panera bread when it was new and not the hip and cool thing to do. Just saying. :-)

• Love 8

In addition to the commercials being annoying, I just can't stand that "clean" bitch's voice.

Have they changed these spots so she's even more nails-on-a-chalkboard? Because I remember thinking "clean" was a stupid concept, but not feeling like I wanted to punch this chick in the throat. But now, every time I hear her "sooooup and saaadwiiiiich" and "good, clean, fewwwwwwwd," I scare everyone in the room lunging for the mute. I cannot listen to her.

And I liked Panera fine when it was one of the few places that you could get a quick salad and hot sandwich that actually had things like spinach and chunks of chicken on them, but they need to get over themselves. Their food is not "clean" by a long shot, if you take the bodybuilding definition of "clean." Mayo, bread and sugar much? 

• Love 8
(edited)

But every time they change it, they add something I really like! Plus I get free or discounted stuff with my Panera card. And they donate left over bread to our local Food Bank.

Yeah, I've got a card too but I just use it for breakfast.  Gotta get my free bagel this month!

But now, every time I hear her "sooooup and saaadwiiiiich" and "good, clean, fewwwwwwwd," I scare everyone in the room lunging for the mute. I cannot listen to her.

This cracks me up!  Fewwwwwwwwd!

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5

There are some menu items at Panera that stay forever, and some "seasonal" items. Like, some months they have apples on sandwiches, in salads, etc. Summer months they have light soups.

Anyway - if you have a loyalty card, one special they're running right no is a free bagel every day in April. You have to sign up with an email address, but it's a FREE BAGEL. The best bagel is the cinnamon crunch one. BUT - they charged me $1.25 for cream cheese. if you get a coffee too, you're paying over $3 for that free bagel. Since I'm currently unemployed, I'll just take that bagel to go.

Damn, I have their loyalty card and I don't have this. I did get free coffee last August for everyday that month.
  • Love 2

I swear I'm gonna let this Panera thing go but I was curious about who the voice over chick was.  I didn't find out her name but I saw some comments about a couple of Panera youtube videos.  The comments were hilarious, saying basically the same things said here.  One guy called it "hipster chow," another did a comic riff on "soup and sandwich, sandwich and soup," another wanted to elbow everybody in the video in the throat.  I was cracking up, but what I took away from it all was that we are not alone. LOL 

• Love 7

I swear I'm gonna let this Panera thing go but I was curious about who the voice over chick was.  I didn't find out her name but I saw some comments about a couple of Panera youtube videos.  The comments were hilarious, saying basically the same things said here.  One guy called it "hipster chow," another did a comic riff on "soup and sandwich, sandwich and soup," another wanted to elbow everybody in the video in the throat.  I was cracking up, but what I took away from it all was that we are not alone. LOL 

I've never been and I won't go now or ever just based on the commercials. It is my tiny non-consequential protest. I've posted before about the lovely young lilting female voice and how frickin' superior she strikes me. I tried to find out who she was too, I have really let these commercials bug me way too much, lol. 

• Love 4

I had a lovely lunch at Panera today - a pick 2 of turkey chili and chicken Caesar salad. No one was stuffing their face. Just people young and old enjoying their food and company, and the requisite squatters using their free Wi-Fi. And yes, they have signs up saying "clean" means no artificial colors, preservatives, or GMOs. I'm not a fan of the commercials, but I love their food. And they have a double chocolate brownie that is to die for.

• Love 7

I'm overly annoyed by that Red Robin commercial talking about spending (or not spending, or something) "cheddah."  Her accent is completely typical the entire commercial but then she's suddenly from wherever they call it "cheddah" at the end.  Arrrrgh.

• Love 1

(weeps silently)  Like the Soba Noodle Broth Bowl.  Guess it was a seasonal item.  

It cracks me up that Panera still rules these threads.  Oddly, I don't see their commercials often, but IA about the disingenuous nature of them.  That girl's voice...the cheesy setup of families and friends...nope.  Their "Devour" commercial is the worst imo, but I still love their food, lol.

• Love 3

There's a "cock" joke in there somewhere, but I'll let someone else make it. :)

too much pressure for me, but the cock joke is waiting to be made and I can't wait to read it.

(weeps silently)  Like the Soba Noodle Broth Bowl.  Guess it was a seasonal item.  

It cracks me up that Panera still rules these threads.  Oddly, I don't see their commercials often, but IA about the disingenuous nature of them.  That girl's voice...the cheesy setup of families and friends...nope.  Their "Devour" commercial is the worst imo, but I still love their food, lol.

But alas, she will never be yogurt bitch.

• Love 3

I had a lovely lunch at Panera today - a pick 2 of turkey chili and chicken Caesar salad. No one was stuffing their face. Just people young and old enjoying their food and company, and the requisite squatters using their free Wi-Fi. And yes, they have signs up saying "clean" means no artificial colors, preservatives, or GMOs. I'm not a fan of the commercials, but I love their food. And they have a double chocolate brownie that is to die for.

I'm sure their food is fine, but I'll never eat there because I find their stupid hipster commercials insulting and patronizing.  And it's not like their "clean" food is actually healthier just because it's allegedly "clean".

• Love 5

I see the character of Little Sweet is back. One of the ads has him talking to a guy who's just finished assembling something with an allen wrench. which LS calls a "little tool" - not the best phrase for the character to be uttering.

• Love 3

I ate at Arby's once. I was half way through my sandwich and pulled out the napkin to find it was covered in blood. Every since the sight of their food makes me sick.

Well, there's your problem -- Arby's sandwiches are NOT sppsd to have napkins inside!

PETA says if a pregnant mother eats chicken, it will make her unborn child's penis small

(or, as they say in the ad, dick)

Must... resist... commenting!

I'm sure their food is fine, but I'll never eat there because I find their stupid hipster commercials insulting and patronizing.  And it's not like their "clean" food is actually healthier just because it's allegedly "clean".

That is why I refuse to go to Panera Bread. I thought they were pretentious several years ago.

• Love 8