Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Steel Calzones

• Start Topic

It was obvious, to me at least, that Bethanny was looking for a fight when she arrived at Dorinda's sleepover. The minute Luann opened her mouth, Bethanny went from zero to sixty in about two mi utes' time. It doesn't matter whose home she's at, what the occasion is, how uncomfortable she makes other guests, or whose event she ruins. Like at the bra party, who made it her job to confront first Dorinda about shoving John down their throats, and then fight with John? Sure, he shouldn't have crashed the party, but it was Dorinda's place to handle it. Beth has a habit of inserting herself and her opinions where they don't belong. Anyone who doesn't let the hag intimidate them gets an A+ in my book.  Go Countess!

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Lawdy.  She is on damage control.  Knock me over with a feather that she's talking about making up with her mother.  How many of us called that years ago?  Nobody will come to her talk show?  She'll call her mother.  Needing a sympathy arc or new RHONY storyline?  She'll call her mother. 

An episode featuring Bernadette would be a sure thing, ratings wise.  Beth knows that, Andy knows that, we know that.  We've alllll known it for years.

From that article, here's what Beth had to say about going back into the apartment after Jason had recently moved out:

What is wrong with her? LOL.  Damn. 

I thought the return to the apartment and the emotions she claimed she had, were refreshing.  Here is an interview from April:  http://www.eonline.com/news/754119/bethenny-frankel-plans-a-wild-post-divorce-party-with-body-paint-strippers-fireworks-and-skinnygirl-enemas  Same sophomoric quotes and not particularly humorous.  Divorce especially with a child involved should be somewhat solemn.  The hurt you feel during the process doesn't go away it just means the indecision from the process is gone.

• Love 5

Why announce it before they meet and why make something private, something her 6 year old daughter requested, public? Sorry, but this whole Bethenny reaches out to her mom is nothing more than damage control IMO.

• Love 18

If damage control, I wonder why she didn't do all of this much earlier? Beth has certainly been more unpopular and more of a lightning rod for controversy. She was hated by pretty much everyone over the pic of her wearing her daughter's PJ's. She got a lot of national scrutiny over that. People who had never seen the show were talking about and reporting on it. The "lost at sea" shit. Way more controversial than anything going on now. At the height of the divorce drama there was a reporter outside her door every day giving every sordid detail, and Beth was being hammered away at constantly. I guess the stuff on the show right now seems like such small potatoes compared to what she has been accused of in the past. And of course there is the editing being done by Bravo and her friend Andy. If they didn't want to make Beth look bad, they wouldn't be making her look bad. Not that she might not be bad. They could just show us other stuff to make her look better if it was all about protecting Beth and doing damage control. 

• Love 4

Why announce it before they meet and why make something private, something her 6 year old daughter requested, public? Sorry, but this whole Bethenny reaches out to her mom is nothing more than damage control IMO.

What damage is she supposedly controlling? And why would she? Did you read the article? The request from her daughter seemed perfectly organic to me. And people criticize her when she tries to keep things private (she's hiding something! she thinks she's better than the other Housewives!), and she's criticized if she makes things public. She just can't win, can she?

• Love 10
  3 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Lawdy.  She is on damage control.  Knock me over with a feather that she's talking about making up with her mother.  How many of us called that years ago?  Nobody will come to her talk show?  She'll call her mother.  Needing a sympathy arc or new RHONY storyline?  She'll call her mother. 

An episode featuring Bernadette would be a sure thing, ratings wise.  Beth knows that, Andy knows that, we know that.  We've alllll known it for years.

From that article, here's what Beth had to say about going back into the apartment after Jason had recently moved out:

Frankel returned to her marital abode several days ago, and it turned out to be an emotional experience. "I walked in and it just washed over me. I sobbed for hours," the 45-year-old Bravo reality star said Wednesday on her Sirius XM radio show, B Real with Bethenny. "It was like this release. And you always think things are going to be one way. I thought it was going to be, like, the biggest party ever. I'd be roller-skating through there with my top off, my tits hanging out, so excited—and there's nothing good about any of it. It was all just remembering moving in there. It was a hideous experience, and I just didn't know how to even process the feeling."

I'm not sure what you're objecting to here. And she wasn't talking about her mother on the show, or having her mother on the show. This was an article about her divorce, completely separate from the show.

2 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

What damage is she supposedly controlling? And why would she? Did you read the article? The request from her daughter seemed perfectly organic to me. And people criticize her when she tries to keep things private (she's hiding something! she thinks she's better than the other Housewives!), and she's criticized if she makes things public. She just can't win, can she?

She is getting a lot of negative feedback this season, A LOT! Did Bryn ask about her side of the family, Sure, I can see that happening but there is no reason to announce it on her radio show before they actually all meet up and start rebuilding a positive relationship, none. Anything involving Bryn should be kept private and not used as fodder for either her RS or the HW show, but, her dating life is something entirely different especially in light of her attacking another HW about her dating life. I am one of the viewers that don't mind the HWs minor kids not being seen on the show or are kept in the back ground and not as a focal, with few exceptions.

Oh, and Yes, I did read the article/blog and I noticed that she is also inviting her former step father to this meet up. Didn't she reach out to him last season? Has he met Bryn yet or will this meet up be a first for him as well and wouldn't that tend to prove that she reached out to him for the show only and not because she wanted him in her/Bryn's life?

• Love 12
(edited)
17 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Nope.  I just have such a hard time seeing someone as all bad, or all good.  These aren't Hitler level villains, they are just people, flawed as hell, but a mix of good and bad, like all of us.  Only, you know, on TV showing their asses more than we do and to a lot more people.  ha.

The thing that I did like that Bethenny said in that article was this:

"I think that she—and maybe my stepfather—have been hurt because some of the truths of my childhood have been in some of my books as it pertains to how I got here success-wise and how I got here sucking at relationships-wise," Frankel said. "So, I said to her, 'This is my truth, and I've only told about 10 percent of my truth. And your life is your truth and what got you here. And the mistakes that you made—you had me at 20—I'm not angry. I'm just telling you that my daughter has asked for you. She's 6 years old.' It was actually not an excruciating conversation."

The reason it seems pretty healthy to me is that (oh God, something personal here!) I reached that same point with my mother.  That point of forgiveness, but still not accepting her denials of my reality.  The realization that she was simply doing the best she could, was human, and flawed, and as screwed up as everyone else.  As long as there could be truth between us, forgiveness was easy, and a much healthier love was possible.

ETA also this:

The was a small but necessary step in beginning the healing process. "I just feel like I've grown up a little in the way that I handled it," Frankel told her listeners. "I'm not angry about anything, about any of my childhood. It wasn't exactly ideal, but everyone has their s--t. So I feel like I'm kind of cleaning up messes. I just feel like I know that if my mother, God forbid, passes away one day and I don't have this thing in my drawer dealt with, it's going to be really bad."

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I read that quote too and thought, "Does she ever actually converse without being completely vulgar?"

• Love 8

I'm sympathetic to Bethenny on this one. I have become more aware as I age that we don't get to pick our mothers.(I threw a BBQ over Gay Pride Weekend. My mother was in attendance and bought most of the food because I am broke as a joke. I could count on one hand the number of people there whose mothers would have done the same.)

Not to be an armchair psychologist, but if Jules is high-anxiety, Adderall is the last thing she needs. I've used recreationally. Not necessarily proud of it, but here we are. If I did it every day my central nervous system would be more confused than Sonja at a stockbroker's meeting.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Methenny's reasons for being is simple..

She doesn't live unless she is being cruel/mean/nasty. You'd figure a forty-something woman would have learned that

Not everyone want to hear what is bouncing around in your head or on your tongue.

You do not have to comment on everything.

Some dirty jokes are funnier inside you head, not verbalized.

You aren't the first person to experience (FITB here) in your life, we all have been thru it, or some other form?

Beth NEEDS to have discourse in her life, that way she can blame all her problems, reactions and feelings on it? (I am hemorrhaging/raised by wolves/a truth cannon).

STFU and listen every once in a while. It's amazing what you can learn when OTHER people make asses out of themselves, by themselves?

Yep. 

Don't know about anyone else but it's been decades since I used anything close to  

["If she goes after someone, it's because they've given her reason to go after them." (from @pbutler111)] 

blaming someone else for my bad behavior.

• Love 14

Yeah, I'm not quite ready to buy what Bethenny is selling and the reason why is Bethenny is so focused on her business to the detriment of relationships around her.  I don't think Bethenny cares what we think of her, she is too arrogant and sure of herself to put any stock in the critiques of others.  I do think she cares whether her stuff sells.  I think, more than ever, she has really taken a hit this season with her behaviour and at the same time is trying to launch all those shakes, bars, candy and popcorn as well as keeping the alcohol flowing.  I think at the very least her PR team has had a word with her, if not Beam themselves.  In this situation any publicity is not good publicity.  I don't think she is as smart as she thinks she is, her shtick worked fine in the early seasons and didn't seem that out of place when associated with alcohol and having a good time but it doesn't work now and not with the products she is shilling.  Just another brand of processed protein drinks and bars to fill the bottom shelve of the odd chain here and there and needs something a bit more to win the shopper over.  Diehard fans of hers aside I can't think of any reason why something would spend money on her other products.  I got the alcohol, hit on a solid market and Beam recognized that, but the rest?  She can't be a bitch and continue with the same old same old and expect to move those truffles.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think they all know that Bethenny has the power, not Carole. Yes, Carole and Andy are friends but they don't hang out together like Bethenny and Andy do. I think Dorinda is intent on removing Carole from Bethenny's butt and moving in herself, little does she realize that Ramona has already wiggled up close to Carole's space and will do anything to keep Dorinda from even getting enough space for her foot up there. LOL

It seems awfully crowded in Bs butt. I guess its time for another tearful and dramatic surgery. An assh*le lumpectomy.

I noticed that in that article about B, her mom and also being able to finally sell the Tribeca place B never mentions that Brenn, basically was losing her first and probably most stable home.

• Love 7

You know, this show has gotten to a point for me, where I expect it will be nothing other than Bethenny attacking anyone/everyone around her in a monstrously cruel, horrible, hideous & nasty way.  And since I now find her so completely abhorent, repulsive & exceptionally & downright scary, I find myself almost completely tuning out what she's saying.

Idk, it must be a defense mechanism on my part.  I mean, I really wanna continue to watch the show.  But now, just the mere sight of Bethenny makes me terribly anxious -- even if I put her on mute.  When I see her now, I just figure, OK, who is she gonna tear to shreds (like Cujo, the attack dog) next?

Is this what she & Satan Andy want the show to be?  Guess so.  I've tried to tune out Bethenny's horribleness.  Honestly, I really have, but the show makes it impossible for me to do it for long.

But when I did manage to tune out Bethenny's horribleness, & my total lack of sympathy for her feeling sorry for herself, & her over-dramatics about her easily treatable health issues (for a moment or 2 anyway), I was noticing her hair.  I really am liking Bethenny's hair.  The color & cut flatters her very much. And it looks even better when she leaves in her natural wave.  The stick straight look is too severe.  And the last thing you need to look, Bethenny, hun, is severe!  And with her natural wave, her hair looks nothing like Lu's, but I luv how Lu's comments on B copying her style clearly got to her, even if she wouldn't admit it.

I have never been much of a Lu or Sonja fan, but I am so luving how they're standing up to the monster that is Bethenny.  That Mexico trip is gonna be a snoozer without those 2!  Just Bethenny & the rest of 'em, who are butt-munching her asshole?  No thanks!  C'mon Satan Andy, fly in Sonja & Lu to crash that yawner Mexico trip (Jill Zarin style) -- and throw in a parade of your rent boys too!  Fun!

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I have never been much of a Lu or Sonja fan, but I am so luving how they're standing up to the monster that is Bethenny.  That Mexico trip is gonna be a snoozer without those 2!  Just Bethenny & the rest of 'em, who are butt-munching her asshole?  No thanks!  C'mon Satan Andy, fly in Sonja & Lu to crash that yawner Mexico trip (Jill Zarin style) -- and throw in a parade of your rent boys too!  Fun!

Spoiler

Bethenny goes to Mexico alone and/or with married guy.  The rest go to Luann's engagement party in Palm Beach.

• Love 3

It must have been obvious to those at Bravo, that were responsible for vetting potential new housewives, to recognize the fact that Jules obviously had some issues. Her behavior is erratic, she's obviously anorexic, possibly addicted to several different prescriptions drugs and who knows what else. If that was the case, why was she selected? I hate to think that Bravo could be so devious as to enlist a person like Jules with even an inkling that she had some deep issues in the hope that it would serve their purpose of bringing drama and interest to this particular franchise. They used the Brooks' cancer and Yolanda's Lyme disease to the fullest extent for ratings. Would they knowingly use Jules as well? Sadly, I'm leaning towards that direction since none of their cast is really immune from emotional abuse, and if nothing else Jules is certainly heading in that direction for this entire season. She's more fragile than some of the others that were used to some extent by Bravo for ratings. Jules may not survive more than one season. I just think that if Bravo has taken advance of Jules situations for ratings, then they must be the most despicable network around.

• Love 1

I am going to throw out a random thought-since Jules is in therapy twice a week, would it not be entirely possible her prescribing doctor knows of the possible side effect of reduced appetite for people taking Adderall?  The same doc may also know if Jules has slipped back into an acute anorexic cycle? Just a thought, if not maybe he needs to read Previously TV.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am going to throw out a random thought-since Jules is in therapy twice a week, would it not be entirely possible her prescribing doctor knows of the possible side effect of reduced appetite for people taking Adderall?  The same doc may also know if Jules has slipped back into an acute anorexic cycle? Just a thought, if not maybe he needs to read Previously TV.

It's clear that Jules has an addictive personality and if she's seeing legitimate therapists they should see that pretty easily. Jules isn't just suffering from an eating disorder, there's a whole lot more going on there. I'm just going to say it, I think Jules Wainstein is a drug addict and Percocet is her drug right now. The entire story about the injury to her vagina doesn't sound true or even close to the real story about her injury. In your mind right now, try to imagine what type of physical thing you could have been doing to cause severe lacerations of your vagina. Can you even think of a time in your entire life that you would have come even close to that sort of injury? The explanation of straddling a window and getting cut doesn't make sense at all. Her apartment is on an upper floor that has an elevator so what was she supposedly doing straddling a window? No person with a sound mind puts a fork, knife and stainless steel cup inside a Calzone to bake. That makes no sense at all. What was she expecting if she was thinking with a sound mind? Was she thinking they'd all laugh and think it was funny? It was just way too bizarre to be funny, it was scary because a mind that's all fucked up would do that. She was actually going to put Lidocaine, Adderall and Percocet inside that Calzone. For what purpose, a joke? That wouldn't be even close to being funny.

We've only been given some insight into an affair that Michael is having. We haven't heard Michael's side yet and I think we will eventually and when it does come out I think there's going to be a very dark side of Jules that's exposed.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Read two pages and call us in the morning?

About the calzones?

Yes, Jules baked the utensils in to spoil it - to make it un-edible. Scarehole jumping up to carve it up was to save her bestie from the possibility that Jules MIGHT have laced it with drugs was funny. She should have said to jules, "Is that safe to eat - you didn't put drugs in that calzone, did you?"

As it was, bethy had problems with her calzones, She had them in a knot because she wasn't felling weill.

• Love 4
(edited)

So, Bethenny is the one that got Jules on the show to begin with, even though she admits that Dorinda had already contacted Bravo about Jules joining and they had contacted Jules about it but it was really Bethenny's recommendation that got her on!  LOL OH, and she knew before Jules joined the show that Jules/Michael were getting a divorce! I suspect that someone, Bethenny, is trying to make herself look less vile towards Jules with these announcements!

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/01/bethenny-frankel-writing-another-book-gives-insight-jules-hiring-divorce-etc/

1 last thing of note, she is writing yet another book, this time about divorce! LOL, LOL, LOL!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So, Bethenny is the one that got Jules on the show to begin with, even though she admits that Dorinda had already contacted Bravo about Jules joining and they had contacted Jules about it but it was really Bethenny's recommendation that got her on!  LOL OH, and she knew before Jules joined the show that Jules/Michael were getting a divorce! I suspect that someone, Bethenny, is trying to make herself look less vile towards Jules with these announcements!

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/07/01/bethenny-frankel-writing-another-book-gives-insight-jules-hiring-divorce-etc/

1 last thing of note, she is writing yet another book,this time about divorce! LOL, LOL, LOL!

I can't help myself. 

"Bethenny then revealed that she is writing another book. She’s meeting with her book agent and her tentative title is “How To Not Get F**ked In Your Divorce."

That's our Bethy. 

Keepin' it classy.

• Love 6

I would say that someone who has gone through a protracted, and therefore hideously expensive, divorce HAS been f*cked during her divorce! I suppose she could write a don't do what I/we did divorce advice book?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

"Bethenny then revealed that she is writing another book. She’s meeting with her book agent and her tentative title is “How To Not Get F**ked In Your Divorce.

If anybody got screwed in a divorce, it was Bethenny.  Why on earth does she think she is some expert on how not to get f**ked in a divorce?

Not only did she get screwed, her kid got screwed, too.  :-(

6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think they all know that Bethenny has the power, not Carole. Yes, Carole and Andy are friends but they don't hang out together like Bethenny and Andy do.

Agreed. Even if Carole hung out with Andy as often as Beth allegedly does, she's got nothing to offer him.  I don't think he'd have much hesitation dropping her if something interesting about her isn't divulged by next season. Business is business. She has no story line. Nor an interesting job.  She already shot the Radziwill wad by trotting out Anthony's remains. No matter how many weddings he goes to, her dog isn't enough to hold our attention. 

I try to think what Carole could come up with to make her life seem interesting and I've got nothing.  Even if she and Adam broke up, I think the audience is already tired of any and all stories pertaining to them.  Splitting up and divorce in general.  A lesbian love affair?  Maybe.  None of the franchises have offered that yet. However, Carole already tried to seduce Beth but even that fell flatter than her weave.  Girl has no game.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HumblePi said:

The entire story about the injury to her vagina doesn't sound true or even close to the real story about her injury. In your mind right now, try to imagine what type of physical thing you could have been doing to cause severe lacerations of your vagina. Can you even think of a time in your entire life that you would have come even close to that sort of injury?

No, but perhaps that's because it's not her vagina that was injured.  Or if it was her vagina that was injured, I would like to know how she got her phone up in there for the photos.

• Love 11

What a great idea!  On the slimmest of chances their child isn't scarred for life with the animosity between her parents Bethenny will write a book so the kid can refer to it once in a while in case she ever forgets just how horrible it was.  

That right there confirms everything I believe about Bethenny. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, ryebread said:

If anybody got screwed in a divorce, it was Bethenny.  Why on earth does she think she is some expert on how not to get f**ked in a divorce?

Not only did she get screwed, her kid got screwed, too.  :-(

Agreed. Even if Carole hung out with Andy as often as Beth allegedly does, she's got nothing to offer him.  I don't think he'd have much hesitation dropping her if something interesting about her isn't divulged by next season. Business is business. She has no story line. Nor an interesting job.  She already shot the Radziwill wad by trotting out Anthony's remains. No matter how many weddings he goes to, her dog isn't enough to hold our attention. 

I try to think what Carole could come up with to make her life seem interesting and I've got nothing.  Even if she and Adam broke up, I think the audience is already tired of any and all stories pertaining to them.  Splitting up and divorce in general.  A lesbian love affair?  Maybe.  None of the franchises have offered that yet. However, Carole already tried to seduce Beth but even that fell flatter than her weave.  Girl has no game.

As long as Bethenny is on the show and needs a sidekick, Carole's Apple is secure. Then, if they have a falling out, she has a built in storyline for at least a couple of seasons as well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I'm not sure what you're objecting to here. And she wasn't talking about her mother on the show, or having her mother on the show.

She was talking about her mom. And even though she didn't say she would have her on the show, we've talked about the possibility of it for years.  When Beth's talk show failed, we were guessing that if Ellen hadn't pulled the plug on Beth so fast, Beth would have plotted a televised reconciliation with Bernadette to boost ratings.  Totally her style.  And I totally would have watched, with popcorn.

Bernadette is the carrot that Beth holds before Andy's nose.  Oh hell, who am I fooling - mine, too.  I'd love to see the dynamics between those two. I'm sure Beth has titillated Andy with many stories about her mom.  I'd not be surprised if Beth hasn't pitched an entire series revolving around herself, her mom and Dr. Imadork.

Pictures of Beth, Bernadette and Bryn together would crash her Instagram.  Beth and Andy know this.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, HumblePi said:

It's clear that Jules has an addictive personality and if she's seeing legitimate therapists they should see that pretty easily. Jules isn't just suffering from an eating disorder, there's a whole lot more going on there. I'm just going to say it, I think Jules Wainstein is a drug addict and Percocet is her drug right now. The entire story about the injury to her vagina doesn't sound true or even close to the real story about her injury. In your mind right now, try to imagine what type of physical thing you could have been doing to cause severe lacerations of your vagina. Can you even think of a time in your entire life that you would have come even close to that sort of injury? The explanation of straddling a window and getting cut doesn't make sense at all. Her apartment is on an upper floor that has an elevator so what was she supposedly doing straddling a window? No person with a sound mind puts a fork, knife and stainless steel cup inside a Calzone to bake. That makes no sense at all. What was she expecting if she was thinking with a sound mind? Was she thinking they'd all laugh and think it was funny? It was just way too bizarre to be funny, it was scary because a mind that's all fucked up would do that. She was actually going to put Lidocaine, Adderall and Percocet inside that Calzone. For what purpose, a joke? That wouldn't be even close to being funny.

We've only been given some insight into an affair that Michael is having. We haven't heard Michael's side yet and I think we will eventually and when it does come out I think there's going to be a very dark side of Jules that's exposed.

Jules obviously has issues, but I haven't seen enough to convince me she's abusing pain meds.   I think she's misusing adderall. She seemed high enough while making her calzone, but she was (irresponsibly) mixing Percocet, adderall, and alcohol.  

Any responsible Psychiatrist would cut Jules off from a stimulant.  I had a teenager on adderall.      I had to switch her back on whole milk and encourage her to eat at every meal or her MD would refuse to write the script.  Every MD appointment included weighing, BP check, and at least twenty minutes of questioning.  But then the rich always find Dr. Feelgoods. 

And after twenty years of nursing, I've had one patient with injuries similar to what Jules descriibes.  The patient was five, and she slipped and straddled the track from shower doors.  Pretty much a freak accident. 

• Love 7
On 6/30/2016 at 2:34 PM, MaryTylerMoore said:

Interesting that you quoted me vs the 10 others who basically said the same thing. Their relationships, sexual or otherwise aren't even mentioned on camera and that's bullshit. You don't get to call someone a whore for the exact same behavior you perform. 

It's not the exact same behavior, though!  Luann would hook up with a complete stranger, married or not, whether that same person  had bonked one of her cast mates the night  before while she was in a relationship or not.  I have not seen any evidence that Bethenny behaves in this manner.  Yeah, her current beau is technically married, but separated, and it appears they have a budding "relationship".  She is not hooking up with other men, let alone strangers met on vacation while professing love for another.  At least I haven't seen it.

• Love 7
On 6/30/2016 at 2:39 PM, Umbelina said:

Yours just happened to pop up while I was finishing.  I meant to mention it before but forgot and your post reminded me.  ????

Not all men want to be filmed on a reality show, actually, I'll go even further than that and say most of the men I would have any interest in absolutely would not allow it. 

Yeah, posting in real time is a problem for me.  When reading thru the posts, I might find several that i'd like to response to, but since it could be a few days before I could spend time on the forum, my response would go to the end of the string (one of my peeves of this format), and there might have already been responses similar to what I would have responded.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, this show has gotten to a point for me, where I expect it will be nothing other than Bethenny attacking anyone/everyone around her in a monstrously cruel, horrible, hideous & nasty way.  And since I now find her so completely abhorent, repulsive & exceptionally & downright scary, I find myself almost completely tuning out what she's saying.

Idk, it must be a defense mechanism on my part.  I mean, I really wanna continue to watch the show.  But now, just the mere sight of Bethenny makes me terribly anxious -- even if I put her on mute.  When I see her now, I just figure, OK, who is she gonna tear to shreds (like Cujo, the attack dog) next?

Is this what she & Satan Andy want the show to be?  Guess so.  I've tried to tune out Bethenny's horribleness.  Honestly, I really have, but the show makes it impossible for me to do it for long.

But when I did manage to tune out Bethenny's horribleness, & my total lack of sympathy for her feeling sorry for herself, & her over-dramatics about her easily treatable health issues (for a moment or 2 anyway), I was noticing her hair.  I really am liking Bethenny's hair.  The color & cut flatters her very much. And it looks even better when she leaves in her natural wave.  The stick straight look is too severe.  And the last thing you need to look, Bethenny, hun, is severe!  And with her natural wave, her hair looks nothing like Lu's, but I luv how Lu's comments on B copying her style clearly got to her, even if she wouldn't admit it.

I'm with you, I have absolutely no desire to watch the Wacky Wednesday Weekly Ass-Kissing Extravaganza.  I'd rather watch Judge Judy with forks stuck in my eyeballs 

• Love 7

So Jules goes to a pizza making thing.  She gets there, and before anyone else arrives, she manages to tell the girl at the bar and the chef that she has injured her V.  Ok, that is strange.  Then she once again passes around her phone with pictures.  Stranger still.  Does she think people wouldn't believe her?  Then the great calzone caper.  Carole talked her out of putting drugs, so her alternative was to put in utensils.  Hmmmm.  If I were sitting next to her, I would have given the plate to the guy and said throw this out.   Then to tell somebody, in order to reassure them she's not nuts, she goes into detail about the two therapists she sees twice a week (two times each).   Then the painful close-up of her taking a deep breath, staring nervously at the pizza, then taking a bite was sad.   

I've noticed she does put out food, cook food (or help her house-keeper), but never touches it.  Sort of a blind people with all her activity around food, quantities of food, and they will assume you ate.  

Her conversation with Dorinda was almost incoherent.  She's never able, even one on one, to string together a simple sentence.   She seems too eager to please and be accepted.  The only time she seems even remotely relaxed and in control is when she's having her make-up done, then she's focused. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/30/2016 at 6:43 PM, innocuouspuff said:

Carole was repeatedly asking Jules the same questions, because she didn't like/believe the answers. The minute Jules left the room, she then discussed the perceived terribleness of the answers with Bethenny. That's not friendly curiosity at all, imo. And if Carole and Bethenny were talking about the eating disorder as an illness that would be one thing, but there is a clear undercurrent of moral judgement involved. Just look at Carole's expression. Jules has a disorder, not a moral failing, and there's zero real sympathy at that table.

(And since Jules is something like six feet tall, I don't buy that she "must" weigh 95 pounds. Not every skinny person is automatically 95 lbs. There's six feet of bones and organs in there.)

I'm sorry, but as a person with a chronic illness this episode was so damn frustrating to watch. If I had a dollar for every interrogation by a healthy person who thinks I should be doing this or shouldn't be doing that, I'd be rich.

And if that shit actually helped, I'd be cured. Seriously, she may not have wanted to discuss it with Carole the medical detective, but does anyone actually think Jules genuinely doesn't know she has a problem? She fucking KNOWS. She's been aware for years. Critiquing her and making her justify her every food-related action is not accomplishing anything, other than establishing Carole and Bethenny's supposed moral superiority and adding to Jules' stress.

We are past the days of locking the abberant in asylums until they could fake being normal. If Jules doesn't eat as others do, that's her own goddamn business at the end of the day. The  same as it's Sonja's business if she gets so drunk she can't remember anything and Luann's business if a married guy gives her an STI. Asking "how much do you weigh" or yelling "YOU FUCK EVERYONE" is not a verified behavioural treatment, much as Carole and B might wish it was.

Yes. So much this. When you have a chronic illness, it becomes everyone's business. Daily. Double-whammy when you have an illness that has caused weight loss, because now even strangers are involved in your appearance, food-intake, and weight. I know how great my legs and ass used to look in skinny jeans (my ass used to be my best body-feature!). Now I can't even look at my rear-view in the mirror without feeling horrible about my body.  Don't take your health for granted fellow posters! And those that know all too well- my sympathies.

Also agree that mental disorders are often looked on as moral failings. If only the afflicted were stronger or would try harder she would be cured! (And I'm using that pronoun on purpose.)

That being said, I do think Jules is not ready at this point to provide stability for herself. She appears to need some help coping with daily stressors in healthy ways. Her comment about how she views therapy was very telling. You're not getting help if you go into therapy and have nothing to talk about! My guess is that she's either people-pleasing her therapist by pretending to be okay (or the obvious reason), or it's a necessity to attend the apt. to get the prescription for Adderall.

I was very interested in the possibility of an eating disorder role model story, since I believe that these disorders are MUCH more common than society would like to admit. Unfortunately, that goal seems to have backfired and put more undue stress on Jules.  It appears we will not hear that story, but rather see oddities such as the calzone (zone) incident.

If someone allowed me to cut into a piece of food with random metal objects in it, I would be pissed! Somebody could've ended up with a hematomato in their mouth! That's not funny or cute. You don't mess with food that you offer to other people. Jules and her ice-bucket kosher-ness should be especially respectful of this basic principle. WTF can be said that hasn't already been said? In all fairness, I think that Jules does try hard (on camera) to be nice and likeable and not talk badly about the others (besides her husband), but I don't think she is all sweetness and light, and this has nothing to do with the eating disorder. Her condo dispute displays a certain attitude that I find off-putting.

Is Michael a bad father? According to Jules- yes. Although during the police altercation he appeared to be taking the older boy to school, so thank God they got the ever-perplexing ride situation figured out. Have to say if my hubby provided me with that home and a nanny/housekeeper, I'd be quite happy to handle a diaper change at the end of the night. Yes, this was after the hematomato, but we got the last story of pretty much the same incident after she visited her sick dad. Not to downplay either event, but life goes on. As Jules herself said, she can't just lay in bed for 3 days like she did in her 20's. I don't get the impression that Jules OR Michael want to be hands-on parents. Luckily, they have a choice (or had a choice). My thoughts on the phone calls to M are pointless at best, but I do like how Jules got in her "Who is he with?" line. You lay that groundwork! Put it together so that even the sleeping viewers don't miss any of the anvils. (I'm not pro-Michael btw.)

Jules does seem very eager to show off her injury. I don't get it, but I don't judge. Just notice it because its very contrary to my nature.

Enough Jules talk from me.

Weirdly felt bad for Sonya, though I know all the reasons that I shouldn't. Hard to see someone break down in a TH. I wonder how much Jules and Sonya will end up having in common?

Dorinda is rising in my estimation.

As far as Bethenny-  well at least Heather didn't offer her any meatballs in exchange for the calzone of crazy.

Does Carole always eat Vegan food? Did she mention Vegan cheese? Wow this episode was boring.

Luann looked AMAZING. #zerofucks (Sorry, can't help it!)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

As for her contacting her mother, it's about time but I have to wonder why, was it really because Bryn asked or was it to make her look forgiving/more sympathetic? Did Bethenny make this announcement or did her mother? IMO, something like this should have been kept quiet/private for Bryn's sake, at least for now. 

WAIT? Hold the phone!? BETHENNY HAS A MOTHER ??? I thought she doesn't have parents????? Did B tell Brynn that Bernadette  called the day Brynn was born and B hasn't returned the call in six years? Hmmmm probably not. 

Saw this coming years ago. Bethenny's rabbit out of a hat. Dangling the mom carrot to Andy. 

14 hours ago, ryebread said:

Yes Rye! Yes! 

7 hours ago, Castina said:

What a great idea!  On the slimmest of chances their child isn't scarred for life with the animosity between her parents Bethenny will write a book so the kid can refer to it once in a while in case she ever forgets just how horrible it was.  

That right there confirms everything I believe about Bethenny. 

Exactly. Why the F would she want this memorialized for Brynn to read one day? Bethenny is deranged. As Rhett said to Scarlett: "A cat is a better mother than you..." 

7 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'd not be surprised if Beth hasn't pitched an entire series revolving around herself, her mom and Dr. Imadork.

Pictures of Beth, Bernadette and Bryn together would crash her Instagram.  Beth and Andy know this.

Of course she has. The next spin off is her new love and gettin right with the lord, trying with her mother. 

5 hours ago, straightshooter said:

I'm with you, I have absolutely no desire to watch the Wacky Wednesday Weekly Ass-Kissing Extravaganza.  I'd rather watch Judge Judy with forks stuck in my eyeballs 

I'm sorry but no can do, the forks are in the calzone. 

• Love 10

I feel like the RHNY producers are setting the stage for Sonja's departure from the show, which would be a shame.  As nutty as she is, Sonja is a genuinely nice person, really one of the rare few in the housewife orbit.  Andy Cohen has said that he wants to trim the cast to 5-6 members for next year. I imagine the two they will trim will be Sonja and poor Jules.  The need to keep Bethenny and her BFF, Carole. Dorinda is too popular with the public and deservedly so.  Luann continues to the she show's Most Valuable Player so she stays for sure.  The three wild cards are Ramona, Sonja and Jules.  Of course, they will keep Ramona for the cheap laughs she provides.  Plus if the Tom marriage is Luann's storyline next year, she will need Ramona as her foil.

• Love 6

Between Jules applying lidocaine on her vajay lacerations and Bethenny bleeding in her car, I don't think I'd put one speck of food in my mouth that either of them had touched with their hands. There's many things I like on pizza, female drippings isn't one of them.

• Love 3

Bethenny got fucked in her divorce?  No, sorry.  Bethany fucked herself.  The marriage and finances could have been settled quietly with everyone moving on, but of course Bethenny just has to "win".  I'm sure she lost way more money in fighting than she would have done had she just paid Jason a fair sum right at the outset.

But, hey, now she gets to complain about it endlessly and, indeed, write and sell a book about it.  It's a "win/win"!

• Love 18
(edited)

thelthosomewhat do not wish her to be excluded from the social gatherings and other cast functions, Sonja is not nice. Now, she may not be a bombastic parody of a human being, a Wolf in Dolce/Gobbana clothing, or a mad bad and  (eh, somehat)good to know hipster scribe for the ages, but Sonja is selfish jealous and knows how to undermine her co-'ho'wives with digs, cutting remarks, and proper

Spoiler
  •  

ly timed 'off-handed' jabs and slights.

16 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

????malfunctioning phone, again.

Edited by BookElitist
?????malfunctioning phone, again

Although I do not wish her to be excluded from the social gatherings and other cast functions, Sonja is not nice. Now, she may not be a bombastic parody of a human being, a Wolf in Dolce/Gobbana clothing, or a mad bad and (eh, somewhat) good to know hipster scribe for the ages, but Sonja is selfish jealous and knows how to undermine her co-'ho'wives with digs, cutting remarks, and effectively timed 'off-handed' jabs and slights while affecting wide-eyed gazes full of practiced bemusement.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

Although I do not wish her to be excluded from the social gatherings and other cast functions, Sonja is not nice. Now, she may not be a bombastic parody of a human being, a Wolf in Dolce/Gobbana clothing, or a mad bad and (eh, somewhat) good to know hipster scribe for the ages, but Sonja is selfish jealous and knows how to undermine her co-'ho'wives with digs, cutting remarks, and effectively timed 'off-handed' jabs and slights while affecting wide-eyed gazes full of practiced bemusement.

LOL None of them are sweet innocents, they all act nasty with one another, Sonja is no exception. I think that because Bethenny is really trying to freeze Sonja out to the degree she is, is what upsets a lot (including me). Bethenny acts a if she is the whole show, as if the NY HW show is the Bethenny ReDo show. Betheny even boasts that ratings are up because the "#theBisback" even though the ratings are close to what they were last season and the season before, there has been very little change. LOL

• Love 7

Guys? All this Beth mom/divorce talk should go in either Bethenny's thread or the Divorce thread, it has nothing to do with this episode.

And, as usual please remember that it's ok to agree to disagree but please don't go after each other. 

Thanks. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Re: Jules' injured lady parts. 

I saw the episode twice and read most of the posts here, ....yet I don't quite understand how she actually did that - - climbing into and straddling a window? What?

If anybody can explain it better, I appreciate it.

That said,  is it possible that the injury was not from a window? Possibly something else, like self inflicted? Reason I suggest that is because of the great relief she expressed when convalescing for 3 days in the hospital ("...I wanted to ask them if I could have a late check out") combined with the breakdown of her marriage, i.e. husband didn't return her calls and he was out in the Hamptons. There is a emotional fragility going on there. I feel sorry for her. I really do.

And her willingness of the showing of the cell phone picture of her injury to others. Odd. 

I hope she is doing better and will be prepared and emotionally strong for the reunion which has yet to film, while her real life, her marriage is crumbling.

Edited by Bossa Nova
clarity and emphasis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Bethenny got fucked in her divorce?  No, sorry.  Bethany fucked herself.  The marriage and finances could have been settled quietly with everyone moving on, but of course Bethenny just has to "win".  I'm sure she lost way more money in fighting than she would have done had she just paid Jason a fair sum right at the outset.

But, hey, now she gets to complain about it endlessly and, indeed, write and sell a book about it.  It's a "win/win"!

That's exactly what I meant.  She can't write a book about how not to get fucked in a divorce because she got fucked.  Yes, she fucked herself, but fucked she is.  And her kid got screwed, too.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Re: Jules' injured lady parts. 

I saw the episode twice and read most of the posts here, ....yet I don't quite understand how she actually did that - - climbing into and straddling a window? What?

If anybody can explain it better, I appreciate it.

That said,  is it possible that the injury was not from a window? Possibly something else, like self inflicted? Reason I suggest that is because of the great relief she expressed when convalescing for 3 days in the hospital ("...I wanted to ask them if I could have a late check out") combined with the breakdown of her marriage, i.e. husband didn't return her calls and he was out in the Hamptons.

I can't find the post, but I recall that a nurse upthread reported a similar injury on a six-year-old girl, from crawling through a window.  Other people have noted that in NYC, it's not uncommon to go through windows to get to fire escapes and the like, maybe to smoke a cigarette.

It's Bethenny who's going to be in the hospital for three days.  Jules had her brother? brother-in-law? take her to the E.R.; Michael was in the Hamptons and not returning her calls.  I assume Jules went home after the E.R. visit, and she said Michael got home later, at something like 8:30.

• Love 2

So, as mentioned a few times here a lot of NY apartments have fire escapes/tiny balconies that you access by opening the top of the window and climbing over the bottom part of the window to get out. We know Jules smokes, so I'm thinking she was climbing out/in to have a cigarette while her kids were with the new nanny because she didn't want to go down to the street to have a cigarette and she slipped going over the window with one leg on either side. Now, she didn't get specific about if the window broke and cut her or if it was just that she landed on it and it bruised her, but I think that's the way it went down. 

(Here's a good pic of the Friends balcony which is what made this whole thing finally make some semblance of sense to me.)

grid-cell-23917-1420730951-8.jpg

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Lisin said:

So, as mentioned a few times here a lot of NY apartments have fire escapes/tiny balconies that you access by opening the top of the window and climbing over the bottom part of the window to get out. We know Jules smokes, so I'm thinking she was climbing out/in to have a cigarette while her kids were with the new nanny because she didn't want to go down to the street to have a cigarette and she slipped going over the window with one leg on either side. Now, she didn't get specific about if the window broke and cut her or if it was just that she landed on it and it bruised her, but I think that's the way it went down. 

(Here's a good pic of the Friends balcony which is what made this whole thing finally make some semblance of sense to me.)

grid-cell-23917-1420730951-8.jpg

There is a door to their "large"by Manhattan standards outdoor space but she never said it happened at home. You can see it in the Tour of her house, it's right off the dining area.

• Love 1
(edited)

That place looks large by more than Manhattan standards. They have an upstairs!

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but what Jules calls a door is more of a low hanging window with, what looks like, portable steps. And it does kind of look the height at which one could do some damage, sans steps.

God, of all the freaking storylines...

eta: glad I missed the reveal.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1