Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Tell All that tells nothing

• Start Topic

On 6/30/2016 at 11:50 AM, 3girlsforus said:

Well I just saw an ad for a new show called 'Love at First Kiss'. Looks like the premise is two strangers kiss to see if they should date. That is bound to have record-breaking ratings LOL!!!!

That is the very definition of Fame Whore.

• Love 2
On 30/06/2016 at 5:50 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Well I just saw an ad for a new show called 'Love at First Kiss'. Looks like the premise is two strangers kiss to see if they should date. That is bound to have record-breaking ratings LOL!!!!

I don't know how well this one will do but the Australian show with the same premise (from the same producers that Love At First Sight) is a flop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Bang_Love

• Love 1
On 6/27/2016 at 5:01 PM, IvyDancer said:

If you closely watch his expression, he seems angry, unhappy, and upset constantly but it's only because he feels neglected, not listened to, or otherwise has his needs not being met. 

Which is hilarious, since he has 4 wives and 20-some children to meet those needs. This whole 3 ring circus revolves around him and he's still not satisfied. The sad thing is none of those children are having their needs met, either. I know the wives aren't, either, but they signed on for this circus, the kids didn't.

• Love 9
(edited)

So late to the party. Meri will never be in Kody's good graces again. He looks at her with such contempt, and, in turn, she looks like a whipped puppy during this tell nothing. She talks about being in a dark place, she is still there. I feel for her. She was pressured to get a divorce, she already feels inadequate due to only having one child, and she is publicly humiliated by this scandal. Yes, some of it was of her own making, but I will not kick her when she is down.

I wish she'd pack up all those bedazzled jeans and move away.

Edited by jacksgirl
another thought jumped in
  • Love 10

I feel bad for Meri, until I realize that it's her decision to stay and interact with these fools. She could get a job, go to college, tell them all to f-off, but she won't.

• Love 5

She could do a lot of things but I think that she is basically a lazy person.  She talked a while ago about college but never followed through.  I believe we heard she was let go from her job because she kept taking time off.  She has had ample opportunity to get a job - she does nothing for or with the other SheepWives so she has tons of free time.  She doesn't do any of those things because she'd have to put in some effort.  She'd rather suffer at the hands of her narcissistic pseudo-prophet pseudo-spouse in hopes of garnering sympathy.  Not working, Mer.  Suck it up and move on.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Meri was in school while involved with "Sam". She'd write his name on notebook and text during/between classes. Did she stop going?

Not sure if she is--I think she was only going part time (like 1 or 2 classes each term). I feel bad for Meri in many respects, but I have to agree with others here that she should find a job, even if it's only part time--flip burgers, cashier at a store, retail clerk--anything just to get a steady work history, get out of the house and mingle with other people, make a little money of her own--she could do any of these jobs with no experience and continue to take a class or two. With her penchant for doing crafts, she should see if any of the craft stores are hiring--it's in a field she obviously enjoys, she'd meet and chat with other crafters, and she'd probably get an employee discount on craft supplies!

I think it's time for Meri to think of her future. I don't think Kody has, or ever will, forgive Meri (he already dropped her to the back of the pack with the divorce) and in the episode, he was saying one thing (nothing to forgive, all one big happy family, etc)  but his face looked like he was shooting daggers at her. If I were in Meri's shoes, I'd bail now. I know she's close to the kids, and that may be why she's sticking it out (would Kody refuse to let her see/visit with the kids if she moved out?).

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I know she's close to the kids, and that may be why she's sticking it out (would Kody refuse to let her see/visit with the kids if she moved out?).

Good question.  Since theirs is now a "spiritual marriage" is there such thing as a "spiritual divorce" and "spiritual custody" in that wackadoo world of theirs?

25 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Does Kody really have that much authority over any of them?  He struts around but they seem to ignore him. At least on TV

I wonder if any of the wives think about this...what's the worst that could happen if they leave him?  Is it really still about the celestial planet?  At this point, do they truly still believe that a lifetime of forever on Planet Kody is worth being so unhappy every day of their earthly lives?  Seriously, if one wife left, she would at least make a small profit on a tell-all book and possibly a TLC special of her very own ("Leaving Kody Brown: A Sister Wife On Her Own.")  I would totally watch that.

• Love 9
On 6/27/2016 at 3:54 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Seriously, if one wife left, she would at least make a small profit on a tell-all book and possibly a TLC special of her very own ("Leaving Kody Brown: A Sister Wife On Her Own.")  I would totally watch that.

I would read the book and watch the tv show!

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, llewis823 said:
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:54 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Seriously, if one wife left, she would at least make a small profit on a tell-all book and possibly a TLC special of her very own ("Leaving Kody Brown: A Sister Wife On Her Own.")  I would totally watch that.

I would read the book and watch the tv show!

Me too--especially if it's Meri who splits first! Would there be more tears for having to leave the infamous wet bar behind? Would Mariah still be angry at her mom? Would the other wives help her move or come to visit (or would they be busy throwing a big party in the cult de sac under Kody's strings of white lights, craftsy decorations optional)?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is it really still about the celestial planet?

The thing is, in any of the polygamous sects, there is divorce, reassignment, leaving the sect, etc. that happens all the time. It is common. It is even common in the Brown family. Any of the wives could leave and if they don't unseal from Kody they will still end up on his planet. If they remarry they will still go to Kody's planet if they are still sealed to him. If they remarry someone in a plyg sect then they can unseal from the Kodouche and seal to the new guy. They will then end up on HIS planet.

They don't leave Kody right now because of TLC $$. Once the shows are over we may see some changes but until then, they will milk that cow dry.

• Love 3

If TLC gave Meri a show on leaving Kody and escaping... she would do well.  She does not have a house full of kids.  Especially if she left the polygamy compound and bought a small place with her own money. (think cash, Meri)

It would be far more interesting to see her grow and change than this crap.  

• Love 6

Honestly, I don't think any of them are remotely interesting. Splitting from Doofus just makes them single moms with no source of income.  So what kind of show would that be? Showing us how to sign up for welfare?  File for bankruptcy?  They will probably need to go live with a relative because they have no equity in those Vegas homes.  Personally, I doubt there would be anything to watch.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Honestly, I don't think any of them are remotely interesting. Splitting from Doofus just makes them single moms with no source of income.  So what kind of show would that be? Showing us how to sign up for welfare?  File for bankruptcy?  They will probably need to go live with a relative because they have no equity in those Vegas homes.  Personally, I doubt there would be anything to watch.

I agree with this assessment.  There wouldn't even be much drama because I doubt Kody or anyone except perhaps Mariah would kick up a fuss.

She'd probably just move back to the Lehi homestead.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She may not be that interesting... but I would watch her leave the Doofus!  I want the Premiere episode to show his face as Meri walks out.  Keep the camera on him for a long time... hehe... and then no more ever again. Buh-bye!

Then TLC goes to work and gives her a complete makeover... mind, body and lifestyle.  She would need personality work as well...I am sure she is quite damaged.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, Nysha said:

I feel bad for Meri, until I realize that it's her decision to stay and interact with these fools. She could get a job, go to college, tell them all to f-off, but she won't.

The issue is her having a job.... She is a lazy ass if I've ever seen one.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:18 PM, Kohola3 said:

She could do a lot of things but I think that she is basically a lazy person.  She talked a while ago about college but never followed through.  I believe we heard she was let go from her job because she kept taking time off.  She has had ample opportunity to get a job - she does nothing for or with the other SheepWives so she has tons of free time.  She doesn't do any of those things because she'd have to put in some effort.  She'd rather suffer at the hands of her narcissistic pseudo-prophet pseudo-spouse in hopes of garnering sympathy.  Not working, Mer.  Suck it up and move on.

Perfectly said.

• Love 5
On 6/27/2016 at 8:01 PM, IvyDancer said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It also occurred to me (and probably many others) that Kody is using this show and his children as a form of therapy. When responding to a question earlier on in the program, Kody showed emotion and looked terrified and almost depressed at the thought of being made fun of and/or left out. This would explain his parroting of leading the kids, rallying the troops and maintaing the facade of his leadership and control over the family. He was probably picked on in high school and was always thought of as a "never-was," in his mind, he's made it, as sad as it is, with three or four women who are tied to him for life and a gaggle of children that he didn't help raise. 

If you closely watch his expression, he seems angry, unhappy, and upset constantly but it's only because he feels neglected, not listened to, or otherwise has his needs not being met. Which is preposterous since he has brought this all on himself. 

ITA.  I also think that the show is not proceeding the way Kody would like it to.  He obviously reads these comments or others (as per him flipping the bird and his remarks about posters saying "go Meri and take Janelle with you").  He wants them to appear totally normal and I think he, especially, seeks approval and love.  I'll bet he'd like to ditch the whole show except NONE of them know how to earn a real living.  Isn't it about time for them to refinance the houses?  Honestly, if I had to be in a polygamous marriage I wouldn't want to live in the vicinity of my sister wives.  I'd like my autonomy.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

The issue is her having a job.... She is a lazy ass if I've ever seen one.

Perfectly said.

Can any of them get a real job? Wouldn't it mess up filming? [pretty sure that'd be her rationale]

14 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

The thing is, in any of the polygamous sects, there is divorce, reassignment, leaving the sect, etc. that happens all the time. It is common. It is even common in the Brown family. Any of the wives could leave and if they don't unseal from Kody they will still end up on his planet. If they remarry they will still go to Kody's planet if they are still sealed to him. If they remarry someone in a plyg sect then they can unseal from the Kodouche and seal to the new guy. They will then end up on HIS planet.

Forgive me, but this all seems so weird. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

Can any of them get a real job? Wouldn't it mess up filming? [pretty sure that'd be her rationale]

That's an excuse I think we've seen them use before. But the "Little Couple" blows the cover off of it. TLC seemed to find a way to work around an MD working in a major hospital and a business owner just fine. 

In fact, using that example, that's a big part of the SW problem as a show: they have no lives beyond the show to make that show interesting. Cameras showing snippets of Jen and Bill's professional lives added actual "reality" to the content. They had their parties, true. But we got to see them at work as well. That work added information and interest to the story being told. 

Somehow, I doubt any of these lazy slugs tried. This is their "job" - and a big reason their show is so darn boring. There's no "there" there.

• Love 12
On July 8, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Kohola3 said:

Aren't they already single moms with no source of income? Their marriages are only spiritual so how would it be any different except that they wouldn't have Kodouche popping in every fourth night. He'd still have to pay child support and I wonder if they are already getting some type of welfare/food stamps as single mothers. Maybe not now that they are known polygamists, but before filming started, they could have gotten government benefits, right?

• Love 1

As expected, that was a whole mess of nothing (Meri should be a deejay, she spins so well).  However, there was one bright spot!  The moderator's attempt to mentally process the double negative in Meri's statement "Why shouldn't they not trust me?" was priceless.  She was like a robot with a tic. 

8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Their income from TLC is probably too high to qualify for welfare or food stamps.

Yeah but I meant before TLC. And once it's all over, the income is back to zero. It's not like they're smart enough to save any of that TLC money. But I agree the govt is on to them now. 

7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Yeah but I meant before TLC.

Christine was the only one on food stamps. She was the single mom with six kids, "renting" her portion of the house from Kody. Meri was married with one child and didn't qualify. Janelle was single with six kids, but had a $66,000+ a year job, so she probably didn't qualify either. But as we saw in the first season, they admitted they all shared the community pantry that Christine stocked with her food stamps.

On 7/8/2016 at 11:29 PM, luvmylabs said:

He obviously reads these comments or others (as per him flipping the bird and his remarks about posters saying "go Meri and take Janelle with you").

Did anyone feel a little bad in that moment?  I felt a guilty twinge, because I've totally posted that before.  But I also kinda want Meri to leave...and take Janelle with her. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, ladle said:

Did anyone feel a little bad in that moment?  I felt a guilty twinge, because I've totally posted that before.  But I also kinda want Meri to leave...and take Janelle with her. 

I want Meri to leave and take all the wives with her and leave doofus with all the kids. Well... until custody arrangements were in place.  ;-p

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I want Meri to leave and take all the wives with her and leave doofus with all the kids. Well... until custody arrangements were in place.  ;-p

I wouldn't wish that on the kids, though!

• Love 4

Janelle may have been low income enough to get food stamps... but she probably was disqualified because she worked for the state.  Often government employees cannot take part in benefits offered to low income people. The general public tends to take a dim view of it, while complaining that state workers get paid too much as it is. 

Did anyone feel a little bad in that moment?

Oh, HELL no!  I want him to read these comments. I want him to know that women who are not cursed with the Sheep Wives mentality see through his total load of BS.  I want him to know that we are totally aware that his bullshit "tenets" are made up to favor his LIttle Kody and benefit no one but himself.  I want him to know he is a liar and a big fat doofus loser.

And giving viewers the finger is certainly a counter-productive move since those viewers are currently paying his bills.  Ass.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Janelle may have been low income enough to get food stamps... but she probably was disqualified because she worked for the state.  Often government employees cannot take part in benefits offered to low income people. The general public tends to take a dim view of it, while complaining that state workers get paid too much as it is. 

I'd be very interested in a source for this information. Hell, plenty of military members qualify for WIC, SNAP. Sad, but true. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/8/2016 at 2:56 PM, Galloway Cave said:

They don't leave Kody right now because of TLC $$. Once the shows are over we may see some changes but until then, they will milk that cow dry.

So when Kody married Robyn, picked out her wedding dress, had a big party, danced like a clown - that was their "sealing" ceremony?  I thought that those kinds of ceremonies were very private and simple, held in a church building, no cameras allowed.  Or maybe I'm thinking of a true polygamist sealing.  I still don't think that Kody now, or has ever, lived "true" polygamy.  He lives it not because of his deep-seated beliefs, but because he could manipulate it to have a wifey and some fun on the side, to prove his manhood, and to be large and in charge of a huge brood.  I think he chose this lifestyle to assuage his own ego.  That's why I find it strange that the whole "sealing" issue is a true reason for the wives to stay with Kody.  I don't doubt that the wives believe in it, but I have to wonder if Kody does.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So when Kody married Robyn, picked out her wedding dress, had a big party, danced like a clown - that was their "sealing" ceremony?  I thought that those kinds of ceremonies were very private and simple, held in a church building, no cameras allowed.  Or maybe I'm thinking of a true polygamist sealing.  I still don't think that Kody now, or has ever, lived "true" polygamy.  He lives it not because of his deep-seated beliefs, but because he could manipulate it to have a wifey and some fun on the side, to prove his manhood, and to be large and in charge of a huge brood.  I think he chose this lifestyle to assuage his own ego.  That's why I find it strange that the whole "sealing" issue is a true reason for the wives to stay with Kody.  I don't doubt that the wives believe in it, but I have to wonder if Kody does.

The sealing ceremony was private and not filmed. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Mischa 

I don't live in Utah, so I am not an expert on Utah government benefits.  My state does not allow state workers to get subsidies for Obamacare, for example.  

Edited by mythoughtis
32 minutes ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I would never want the kids left with Kody.  Last time he had them for a few days, Truly almost died. 

He's only interested in the kids that relive his glory days. Classic narcissist. The rest are just chattel. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The discussion about kody extreme asshattyness started in the tell all thread, but I decided my comments on this topic belongs here.

Kody stated in one of the early episodes that no one woman can fill all his studly needs.  Enter polygamy.  I'm sure his religious epiphany was a coincidence.

Because it can't be said enough, ASSHAT.

Eta, I thought I was posting in the kody thread.  It was a long day.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Mischa 

I don't live in Utah, so I am not an expert on Utah government benefits.  My state does not allow state workers to get subsidies for Obamacare, for example.  

You'd think that state employees would have good health insurance benefits. 

Can't speak for all states but my sister and brother-in-law both worked for the state of Indiana their entire careers.  Benefits changed regularly with each new batch of elected officials but were almost always crappy.  They had to change doctors every few years as the health insurance went from cheap to cheaper.  The pension plan changed as well so they never knew if they would even have anything on which to retire.  It was horrible.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

Some states have relatively good benefits but it is a trade off for lower salaries which mr lookeyloo and I both knew when we made our decisions to have a career in state government. We are also lucky that some genius (and I am not being sarcastic) took the pension system outside the control of the legislature and it is strong and healthy.  Good thing because we couldn't contribute to social security.   The health insurance mostly was very good until the previous governor of that state got his hands on it and spent down the reserve on other things so he could keep Grover Norquist's pledge. I was lucky to work at a university before I retired and by dumb luck chose the health insurance plan that the legislators have so it is pretty good. At least for now.  That state did not have an exchange - I don't remember reading anything about not being allowed to use the change. There were options available inside the system but all of them cost the employee. 

• Love 2

The state of Utah still offers an amazing pension plan for state employees. I worked for the U of U for 9 years and my monthly will be 680.00 at retirement. That is just the free pension. You can't touch that. So Jenelle should still have a pension, although not that much, if she worked for the state 5 years.