Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Ahem.  It's a messenger bag.

(I carry one to and from work.)

Messenger bags are also common in Europe...and cities like NYC where people walk, use public transit, or ride bicycles

I like them personally and I've used them too.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Edited because Reading is Fundamental. :D

As for "what else?" Apparently, they were spotted passing out tracts. 

It's your honeymoon! You just got laid for the first time (or a very long time). And you spend time passing out tracts in a foreign country? Well, I do suppose beachy type activities are too NIKE!!! for them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

The bag may be an anti-pickpocket measure. Tourists are easy marks. 

But also, as has already been mentioned, it may just be a fashion/convenience choice. I have a handsome, fashion-forward SIL who carries one frequently .

• Love 4

Jessa and Ben were spotted by a leghumper at an airport, but I am banned from her board, so I can't say if the person said which airport. Probably Fayetteville,since it's so small. It was also the same day Derick was known to be flying. 

I knew Jeremy wouldn't have taken what would have amounted to a 6 week leave from his little parish. 

I'm afraid to listen to his sermons. 

• Love 3
On 12/12/2016 at 2:47 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Edited because Reading is Fundamental. :D

As for "what else?" Apparently, they were spotted passing out tracts. 

It's your honeymoon! You just got laid for the first time (or a very long time). And you spend time passing out tracts in a foreign country? Well, I do suppose beachy type activities are too NIKE!!! for them. 

You can go to fantastic wild beaches where you barely see anyone in Australia and where the people you do see are in hiking clothes. There's no excuse for the tracts. (Not that I think you believe there is one, either! .... Just makes me mad that that's all they ever seem to think of. Self-righteous, self-absorbed idiots.)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa and Ben were spotted by a leghumper at an airport, but I am banned from her board, so I can't say if the person said which airport. Probably Fayetteville,since it's so small. It was also the same day Derick was known to be flying. 

I knew Jeremy wouldn't have taken what would have amounted to a 6 week leave from his little parish. 

I'm afraid to listen to his sermons. 

You would not agree with his doctrine and theology but I will admit, he has a soft style of speaking/teaching that is not so bossy and cocky. He does not come off as a "know it all" like Ben.  He is more humble and gives the listener the impression that he is learning along with them rather than the superior attitude. No yelling or banging.  I've listed to a few of them and he is decent.  Doctrine aside, I would give him a B+.  He is still not as fluent and quick as an experienced preacher but that comes with time. 

• Love 5
On 12/12/2016 at 10:12 AM, Lemur said:

Ahem.  It's a messenger bag.

(I carry one to and from work.)

I really know this.  I only bugs me because it's him wearing it, and he bugs me.  Lol

• Love 6

Wonderful. A two hour special about Jinger's dress, originally called "Designing the Dress" to air on January 16. 

eta: Renee's Bridal has some shitty Yelp reviews. For instance, she's not really designing the dresses as she claims, but charges premium prices. I imagine Jinger's was off the rack, just had to be taken in a little (a sample 2). No way they could make that dress, as well as the bridesmaids gowns, in about 12 weeks. 

5850c5e610f6b_DesigningtheDress.jpg.4d1fabc5ecc3944018c675aea2b8c034.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2016 at 0:52 PM, scriggle said:

Jinger is wearing and heels! And *gasp* you can see her knees.

She seems to be dressing nicer. Maybe Jeremy or someone from his family is helping her. Or maybe now that she doesn't share clothes with her sisters she can finally dress the way she wants. I think, if nothing else, Jeremy will bring her into the present decade.

• Love 6

Those bridesmaid dresses look ordered from a manufacturer not made to order at the salon.  The hem lengths vary along with the fit.  Jinger's dress I'd go with customized from the catalog version and not fully made on site. 

I can see Jinger being the one to leave almost all the clothes in the common closet (the exact opposite of Jill) and giggling about going shopping.  I can see Jeremy agreeing whole heartedly to helping her select a new wardrobe. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Those bridesmaid dresses look ordered from a manufacturer not made to order at the salon.  The hem lengths vary along with the fit.  Jinger's dress I'd go with customized from the catalog version and not fully made on site. 

I can see Jinger being the one to leave almost all the clothes in the common closet (the exact opposite of Jill) and giggling about going shopping.  I can see Jeremy agreeing whole heartedly to helping her select a new wardrobe. 

He's going to have to get a new job to cope with her shopping addiction 

• Love 1

Wouldn't that be great if Jeremy really isn't a famewhore?  And told JB fine, I will play your game until we are married/honeymoon,  but you aren't getting anything afterwards?  I find it refreshing we have heard from either via social media since they've been back. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Readalot said:

Wouldn't that be great if Jeremy really isn't a famewhore?  And told JB fine, I will play your game until we are married/honeymoon,  but you aren't getting anything afterwards?  I find it refreshing we have heard from either via social media since they've been back. 

It would actually fit with the theory that Jinger is more religious than people thought. If Jeremy is truly religious, he may feel they're better off living a private and quiet life with his Parish. 

• Love 2

I think Jeremy and Jinger will lead more private lives BUT the money from TLC is a sweet deal!  

I suspect they are being quiet in order to create a thirst for them...bigger ratings in January. TLC planning, of course. 

That tiny church can't be bringing in the money and life is expensive.  Plus, remember Jeremy on the wedding morning doing their devotions together?  he was talking about being intentional with their love so others could see it or some nonsense like that? Jeremy likes to think that the show is bringing the message of Christ to the people. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, questionfear said:

It would actually fit with the theory that Jinger is more religious than people thought. If Jeremy is truly religious, he may feel they're better off living a private and quiet life with his Parish. 

Derick talks about Jill eating in the bathroom... I wonder what odd behaviors Jeremy will see from his "meek" bride.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think Jeremy and Jinger will lead more private lives BUT the money from TLC is a sweet deal!  

I suspect they are being quiet in order to create a thirst for them...bigger ratings in January. TLC planning, of course. 

That tiny church can't be bringing in the money and life is expensive.  Plus, remember Jeremy on the wedding morning doing their devotions together?  he was talking about being intentional with their love so others could see it or some nonsense like that? Jeremy likes to think that the show is bringing the message of Christ to the people. 

And remember there was a video (?) where Jeremy shared his need for attention?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

That's right! ugh. 

jeremy likes attention and has a "burning desire to share the Gospel"  Now there's a recipe for a famewhore! And an ex soccer player so he is comfortable in the public.  uh yeah...not likely they will keep a low profile. 

Jinger seems to be a quieter person but she does like to shop and judging form the wedding, she has decent taste...she is probably wanting to fix up their apartment and buy some nice things. That costs money. Maybe Jim Bob wasn't really joking when he said Jinger is expensive! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This wholesale discount site sells these dresses, in many colors for $70 - $85.

rBVaEVb981KANwbcAAGYkd87cS0959.jpg

Oh, so that's what the dresses look like when correctly tailored. I don't know what it is with the Duggar girls, but they never have anything properly taken in at the waist. The end result is that "potato sack" look.

• Love 3

Well, it doesn't hurt that the model is like 5'10" with a 22" waist. The only bridesmaid approaching those proportions was Valerie Vuolo, and we never got a real good look at her, other than slightly angled and squished up against other bridesmaids. In other pics I've seen of her, she could rival the model if the dresses were truly custom, as Renee claimed on a FB post before the wedding. 

• Love 9

It's also super easy to "tailor" for a photo shoot.  You use all kinds of tape, basting, and clips in the back where it won't show.

I was thinking it seems Jinger may have gotten a real headship.  Unlike Ben and Derick who both still seem rather aimless and following the path of least resistance, Jeremy seems to have a plan in his head and to think for himself.  Where that leads is the question for me at the moment.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, so that's what the dresses look like when correctly tailored. I don't know what it is with the Duggar girls, but they never have anything properly taken in at the waist. The end result is that "potato sack" look.

There's no way those proportions are real. 

• Love 7

How is "Renee Miller can be spotted in the Counting On episode "Jinger's Wedding"" an interesting fact about the dress? lol  It was a beautiful dress, though, Jinger looked great.

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

5850c5e610f6b_DesigningtheDress.jpg.4d1fabc5ecc3944018c675aea2b8c034.jpg

33 minutes ago, toodles said:

Nice to know God has a side gig as a wedding dress designer/wedding planner.  Maybe he should take a peek at Kleinfeld's and do something about the half-naked wedding dresses they sell.

I wonder if God helped with this pasties inspired dress:

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Hmm...but what if the plan is to do it somewhere other than TLC...or that Jinger, of all the kidlets, gets her own spinoff? Jill and Jessa's heads would explode. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Marigold said:

Plus, remember Jeremy on the wedding morning doing their devotions together?  he was talking about being intentional with their love so others could see it or some nonsense like that? Jeremy likes to think that the show is bringing the message of Christ to the people. 

I can't help but think still that Derick, Bin and Jeremy are just different flavors of the same thing. (and Anna somewhat too -- she's a self-righteous God-botherer with Gothard-birthed ambitions of great influence as well).

Probably one or the other of the three stooges will ultimately turn out to be the least nutso and another the most. But they're all thinking their celebrity-by-marriage status is carrying some kind of heavenly message to all the world. And there's really nothing sane, rational, measured, or non-delusional about that, no matter what the flavor, in my opinion.

Derick's the one who seems to be coming apart at the moment. But he's also the one who's been married longest and in the most stressful circumstance, given Jill's reaction to their mission location, his own illness and who knows what else. I don't see any of them having a very untroubled road ahead. And Anna's off the deep end, too, one way or another, I expect. Marrying a Duggar in haste is going to give all them many years ahead to repent -- and go nuts -- at leisure, most likely, seems to me.

• Love 14

Coconut shell bikini dancing Mermaid dress may be the most hideous thing I've ever seen outside of Kleinfeld's tacky brides' collection. At least Kleinfeld's bad dresses don't look cheap. Renee's sure does. The rose petals look like globs of blood too. Nice styling. 

• Love 4

I saw their little congratulations video for the Dillards.

WHY ARE THEY BOTH WEARING HATS????????

Is it that cold down in Laredo?  Do they have sex hair?  Too lazy to shower?  

Seriously, that really bugged me. 

• Love 2

It was in the 30's and 40's earlier in the week in Laredo when I would guess the video was filmed.  I could give Jinger a pass since the female beanies are more of a fashion statement, but Jeremy could have taken his off easily.  It's like they were pressured to make a statement the minute they walked in the apartment.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Married a couple of months? It's been 1 month and and 16 days.

They all have to remind us about all the sex they've been having by posting their shit eating grins. I'm not sure how modest that is, since we all know WHY they are doing that.

i hope The Duggaloos stay off SM and just pop up every once in a while.  Good luck to them. Hope he treats Jinger right.

• Love 1