Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

He doesn't look as bad in the restaurant pic above -- again scruffy beard rather than a full one and not looking as pasty. Though they both do NOT look like a -- OMG we're SOOOO in love young couple. He's not even smiling, just showing teeth. She has her polite -- TLC wants me to smile -- look on her face. Normally I don't judge based on pics bc I know I have pics where I look weird -- but I have yet to see one pic where both of them look happy and comfortable at the same time.

The Duggar diet has something to do with their men being gross. I realize he doesn't live with them but he's with them enough that I'd venture to guess he's had quite a few meals consisting of tater tot casserole or chickenetti and he's a MAN -- he is supposed to chow down; so it would look weird if he ate just a little or loaded his plate with salad instead. And they seem to be in restaurants a lot -- with his herp derp father in law always talking about getting his moneys worth with a huge steak or free pizza or whatever, again he probably realizes it won't look acceptable to these Neanderthals if a man were to order a piece of salmon with veggies or a large salad. Pretty sure the gender roles extend to food too. Not sure how long they've been together -- but a few months of a Duggar diet has got to shock the system.

• Love 5

Jinger always looks so sad and extremely fragile.  She's so thin, she looks like she could just float away. 

Remember she said during the rehearsal dinner that Jessa helped her through "the dark times"? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Wearing hats in restaurants was considered rude back in the day. Is it considered okay these days? 

Not if you know anything about etiquette, it isn't. <shakes cane>

• Love 16

Jessa and Ben look pretty happy in the taco picture. 

Maybe Jinger is just not a smiley person? I'm really hoping that JinJer actually like/love eachother and this isn't just a completely arranged marriage. 

Poor Jinger...she looks like she needs a big hug.  I hope Jeremy can be that person for her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Yeah, something about this new picture has him looking distinctly less hot than before.

It's just Jizm Bob working his magic. Destroying the soul of anyone who comes into the vicinity.

I find Marjorie's demeanor grating as all heck, but so far she's the only person whose soul was too strong for his rays to disintegrate. .... Although I suppose I should add "yet."

(Not to say the soul-disintegration isn't somewhat deserved. Unlike Blood Duggars the Duggar Adjacent have all actively sought out Duggardom membership and, as we've speculated, mostly for some highly self-serving cum frivolous reason. It's a damn Morality Play, really.)

Edited by Churchhoney
because I was letting the Duggar Adjacent off the hook too easily
  • Love 9

I also thought Marj was grating, but she's a kid so I can hover her a pass for now. Sierra is a grating adult so no pass ever. I'd love to see her overrun and dethrone KJB. Or anyone for that matter.  

Anyway.....it is interesting that this guy who we thought would steamroll right through is being absorbed by the collective. Maybe we should call him King James Borg. 

Now this pic of Jeremy looks more adorkable Jingeriffic, but they still don't look happy. More like they're going through motions and expecting the formula to make hem happy.

Prepare for a lot of 'love is a choice, love is an action' phrases. 

• Love 9

I don't think Jeremy's all that photogenic, and to he can look quite different from one photo to the next.

As to my opinion of him. He's a former professional athlete, meaning that even without being a superstar soccer player he's been given a lot of adoration and consideration and perhaps adulation, beyond what mere mortals in our society are accorded even if they are brilliant cancer researchers, amazing tech geniuses, or gifted teachers of children. (Yeah, I am out of fucks to give about all this athlete adoration - though I admit to cheering like mad during some pro football games when "my" team is playing - and I view the Olympic$ with serious skepticism. I know, it's a little contradictory. So, sue me.) 

Anyway, he's gone from college/pro athlete to super-fundie "apprentice" preacher in a male-dominated gay-hating authoritarian theology, and the most he can say about Jinger is that she's "meek."

The only non-negative thing about Jeremy as far as I'm concerned, is that he didn't grow up as cloistered and ignorant as the Duggar kids. Otherwise, he's just another young fundie male preacher-wannabe asshole who gets to combine career advancement and fame and a TLC paycheck with getting laid regularly by a subservient well-trained meek Duggar wife. Exhibit A: Derick. Exhibit B: Ben. OK, Jessa's not "meek," but she plays the gender role games along with the rest of 'em.

• Love 16

It's just Jizm Bob working his magic. Destroying the soul of anyone who comes into the vicinity.

Hey, don't forget Michelle crushed and literally beat the souls of 19 people too. Nothing happens in that house without her consent.

Anyway.....it is interesting that this guy who we thought would steamroll right through is being absorbed by the collective. Maybe we should call him King James Borg. 

They always, always, can sense who they can most easily control.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Hey, don't forget Michelle crushed and literally beat the souls of 19 people too. Nothing happens in that house without her consent.

I go back and forth about what I think about this, but today's one of the days when I see Michelle as Jizm Bob's first kill.

Of course, the first kill is always heavily implicated in in turning all the other vampires, so there's that ...

• Love 3

I go back and forth about what I think about this, but today's one of the days when I see Michelle as Jizm Bob's first kill.

I see it the other way, she got her hooks into a loser she could control forever. She had a lot of choices, even at 15. He had nothing. NOTHING. Still does, sadly.

The religious fundamentalism is just their version of S&M.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They always, always, can sense who they can most easily control.

21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, the first kill is always heavily implicated in in turning all the other vampires, so there's that ...

Responding in the JB/Michelle thread.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I also thought Marj was grating, but she's a kid so I can hover her a pass for now. Sierra is a grating adult so no pass ever. I'd love to see her overrun and dethrone KJB. Or anyone for that matter.  

Now this pic of Jeremy looks more adorkable Jingeriffic, but they still don't look happy. More like they're going through motions and expecting the formula to make hem happy.

Prepare for a lot of 'love is a choice, love is an action' phrases. 

I don't think anyone here thought that Jeremy was immune to the Duggar Borg. Indeed, befriending Ben and making videos posted to Jessa's You Tube channel suggest quite the opposite. The meek future bride cements this position.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I see it the other way, she got her hooks into a loser she could control forever. She had a lot of choices, even at 15. He had nothing. NOTHING. Still does, sadly.

The religious fundamentalism is just their version of S&M.

Yeah, sometimes I think that, too. As I said, I go back and forth, although about 55 percent of the time I see Jizm Bob as the initial perpetrator, mainly (or meybe entirely) because, to me, he very strongly sends out the exact same vibes I've always gotten from my own family's chief perp. Hard to tell about vibes over the TeeVee, though, of course. ....

What's clearly true though is that, no matter who turned who, they've both been despicable now for a really long time. 

Accordingly, we despise them, I guess.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

At some place called "The Shady Maple". Ceiling tiles and chandeliers. 

13735739_961708063928003_320485859220281

Must be meet-the-fam time in PA. Complete with Pennsylvania Dutch cooking (Hope I don't offend anybody, but to me most of it tastes like pouring a sack of lard-imbued flour down your throat.)    

Anyway, nothing says "the general public views my new parents-in-law as incredibly toxic people" like featuring dumb-ass Bin in your online meet-the-fam photo album. http://www.shady-maple.com/about-us

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

ETA: apparently Amish themed!?

ETA2: they had discounts for people with a gastric bypass!?

And they have a mission statement:

For more than 40 years Shady Maple has been a company based on faith in God, commitment to community and value to our customer. Our Values are the roots of who we are. Our Vision is rooted in our values. Our Mission is our behavior based on our value and vision.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For more than 40 years Shady Maple has been a company based on faith in God, commitment to community and value to our customer. Our Values are the roots of who we are. Our Vision is rooted in our values. Our Mission is our behavior based on our value and vision.

What would Jesus do if he ran a smorgasbord? He'd use vinyl tablecloths and have carpeting that hides stains.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 9

I've been to Shady Maple a couple of times, (being from South Jersey) and it's in the Lancaster area, which has a sizable Amish/Mennonite population. The restaurant is known for hearty country cooking and has a wide variety of Pennsylvania Dutch food. It is pretty good in my family's opinion and they have a large selection to choose from including an extensive salad bar- not everything served is unhealthy. We went with a group from our church to Sight and Sound and then this restaurant a couple of years ago- nobody left hungry. I'm sure the Duggars enjoyed it, the food isn't too different from what their family serves.I guess TLC was probably filming an episode here. The area is also known for their Strasburg railroad and train museum. Some places, you can go on buggy rides, visit a pretzel factory where you can make your own and visit Amish farms. Our kids enjoyed it when they were young.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well, that mission statement is a whole lotta nothing. 

I meant to post yesterday that there were sightings in PA and that Mechelle was also present. The TX poster amended herself. 

Is the first "Meet the Parents" for the Duggars? If so, where's KJB? They have to be engaged by now in order to squeeze in that fall wedding so Muffy can be part of the wedding party, as is necessary for a Made for TV Duggar affair.

Edited by Sew Sumi
CLARITY! Hell, I demand it from my students...
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, that's a whole lotta nothing. 

I meant to post yesterday that there were sightings in PA and that Mechelle was also present. The TX poster amended herself. 

Is the first "Meet the Parents" for the Duggars? If so, where's KJB? They have to be engaged by now in order to squeeze in that fall wedding so Muffy can be part of the wedding party, as is necessary for a Made for TV Duggar affair.

Looks to me like they're playing a game of Hide the Parents. Maybe the message that JB and M aren't too popular has finally sunk in with somebody.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Which sibling was Jinger's chaperone because surely Jinger couldn't be alone in a vehicle with Thug Life Ben. 

Well, rumor has it that both Michelle and Jessa were on the scene. So she had her chaperones. My guess on this one would be that Michelle's taking the photo and Jessa's tending to Spurgie.

I have been there also. The food was OK. Nothing great nor nothing bad. 

I smell a plot line! 

Jinger meets Jeremy's family and they head to Lancaster in Amish country and Jim Bob tells every Amish person he can find that he has 19 kids!!!! 

(they can recycle that for Kody of Sister Wives telling every Amish person he has FOUR wives!)

• Love 7

Our Vision is rooted in our values. Our Mission is our behavior based on our value and vision.

Sew beat me to it. That means nothing!

I so hope we get a wedding without Michelle and Jim Bob appearing, or getting a direct paycheck.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Which sibling was Jinger's chaperone because surely Jinger couldn't be alone in a vehicle with Thug Life Ben. 

There was another pic posted above with Jessa in it (at the taco place). I'm pretty sure I was the one who posted it. :D

If they were in Amish country, I guess they're visiting the inlaws -- since they're not far from there. Cue the shot of JB telling every Amish person he can find -- oh you only have 9 kids (bc the Amish avg seems to be 6-10), I have 19.

Jeremy doesn't smile -- he just shows his teeth. The only time we saw a smile was in the initial pics taken in Arkansas with her parents. Has the courtship gone south so quick that he no longer smiles??

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

If you look real close, about the 4th white stripe up from the bottom of Jeremy's shirt, it looks like Jinger's hand. I guess it is still considered a sideways hug. But it looks a little too close for Michelle's comfort. Maybe JB is off in the corner comforting her.

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, cereality said:

If they were in Amish country, I guess they're visiting the inlaws -- since they're not far from there. Cue the shot of JB telling every Amish person he can find -- oh you only have 9 kids (bc the Amish avg seems to be 6-10), I have 19.

Jeremy doesn't smile -- he just shows his teeth. The only time we saw a smile was in the initial pics taken in Arkansas with her parents. Has the courtship gone south so quick that he no longer smiles??

Well, if my courtship included heaping helpings of Jim Bob, Michelle and Bin Seewald, and virtually no alone time with my prospective partner, I'd quickly stop smiling, too. I might stop smiling and flee on the Interstate but I guess Jeremy has a stronger stomach than I have.

Edited by Churchhoney
"that" and "than" are not the same
  • Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think that's tablecloth on the table behind them.

I agree. That's a tablecloth. The color is the same, and there's no delineation of shadows that would represent the gaps between fingers. 

eta: Jinger's still hiding her left hand. My ISB theory lives! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I stand corrected. I blew it up, and it does look like there's a shadow of something there that breaks up the lines of the tablecloth. It's really dark, though. But I dunno what else it could be other than her hand. 

Like I said, my speculation of engagement LIVES! :D

Can't say I'm digging her dress. Large floral prints are for grannies. I'm old enough to be a granny, yet you'd NEVER catch me dead in that dress! 

Could be Bin's inner arm, too.

im still trying not read anything into Jer looking sadder and sadder in every photo. I guess now we will get a 'genuine' smile selfie tomorrow. Even if it takes 500 takes!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Wth???

but I see KNEES! They're mah knees, y'all [/Britney]

• Love 1

They're not Jinger's knees, and earlier this week, she posed with HER mother and what appeared to be some kind of female athletic team in SHORTS! They've loosened up those standards a lot since Joshgate; I guess they're glad to have ANYONE to pose with these days. 

• Love 3

Not sure where this should go, but TLC has announced much of its upcoming lineup, and Counting On wasn't included. Cake Boss is taking the Tuesdays at 9 slot, starting 8/23. CO was supposed to come back in late summer, right? Sundays and Wednesdays are all booked. The Duggars COULD take the slot AFTER Cake Boss, but that alienates kids, since it's past their bedtime. I think their only other options are Thursdays, or the Death Knell of most shows: Friday Nights. I wonder if this late decision has to do with ongoing problems getting ad revenue?

Even if they now have material -- i.e. another courtship; annoying wedding planning and dress shopping with Sierra; and a wedding -- isn't the taint of Josh still on the family and thus affecting ad revenue? People (and thus family friendly advertisers like Tide or various food companies) may even be able to get over the fact that Josh cheated on his wife with hookers. I mean people cheat -- it's not a crime (though I guess it could be if they were actually hookers) -- half of Congress has cheated. BUT most people (and thus most advertisers) can't ignore molestation of siblings as easily. It IS a crime whether prosecuted or not. And there's an ick factor. So given that TLC carried the ENTIRE last season with ads for other TLC shows and no ad revenues, I don't see them eating the cost twice. I think this season this show gets a non popular time slot for TLC -- Friday or late night or whatever. And if advertisers still remain uninterested, I think the show ends, despite however many courtships JB cooks up.

• Love 2

I think their only other options are Thursdays, or the Death Knell of most shows: Friday Nights.

Not gonna lie - no advertisers and a death slot would give me a lot of vicarious pleasure.

• Love 6

I hope you're right on all accounts. It's just odd that they didn't roll out what is one of their highest rated shows with the latest ad campaign, which included Cake Boss and that wretched Kate Gosselin for the Fall. This could be an indication that indeed, sponsors aren't backing the show, and forcing it onto the back burner until later this fall, or possibly not until after the first of the year (in which case, Jinger will be long wedded and bedded).

The Duggars were also no-shows at the TLC Block Parties these past couple weekends. They were no-shows two years ago as well, even when the show was on top of the world. It's not hard to see why when you look at TLC's stable of "celebs." They'd have to rub shoulders with Catholics, liberals, gays and a transgender teen. QUELLE HORROR! It might have been a more positive sign for advertisers had they actually done the publicity, but well, that window's closed now. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I never noticed how curvey and womanly Ben is through the hips/thigh area before.

Use your finger to cover him from the chest up in that picture. If it wasn't for his big man hand, I'd think that was a picture of a woman. 

You're right! Plus all he Duggar girls are, well, dumpy from the waist down. Ben could be mistaken for a woman! Horror!

• Love 2

At some place called "The Shady Maple". Ceiling tiles and chandeliers. ETA: apparently Amish themed!?

OMG Shady Maple!! Its a huge Penna. Dutch buffet in Amish country.  Lots and lots of buses go there.  Food is better than a Golden Corral type place, but it does comply with the local Ordinance that all PA Dutch food be "A piece of overcooked meat accompanied by 5 starches,: I Am PA DUTCH and grew up eating that way!!! (now a vegan haha).

Can they only go into Christian eating establishments?  Gawd.

• Love 10
On 7/4/2016 at 4:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I am not sure why a blank box with Sew Sumi's name on it.  Oh well.

Looking at the picture of Jeremy/Jinger/Ben/random people, it looks like it should be a story in the Onion.  Seems like spouses are chosen via the eenie meenie miny mo method.  

Jeremy can look cute or not cute.  His teeth are bugging me (what is it with the guys teeth??).  None of them look happy.  And whoever said it was right, he doesn't smile he parts his lips.  

• Love 4

Jeremy is probably embarrassed to be 28 years old and going on chaperoned dates. It's a far cry from frat parties and nights in the drunk tank. I'm sure he's fully aware he's sacrificing all measures of self-respect in order to score fame, TV time and a meek, anorexic virgin. Flash forward five years and he'll be a carbon copy of Smuggar: paunchy, miserable and trolling Tinder for hook-ups. Mark my words.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is probably embarrassed to be 28 years old and going on chaperoned dates. It's a far cry from frat parties and nights in the drunk tank. I'm sure he's fully aware he's sacrificing all measures of self-respect in order to score fame, TV time and a meek, anorexic virgin. Flash forward five years and he'll be a carbon copy of Smuggar: paunchy, miserable and trolling Tinder for hook-ups. Mark my words.

BA,

i can't help but believe you'll be right on all counts.

• Love 6