Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Kokapetl said:

13781832_858722800928037_773010850451953

lay off the filters. 

Ok, not to reignite the whole 'Jer closet gay' discussion but this pic seriously pings my 'gaydar'. From the hair, right down to the shirt....sorry but he looks like Jinger's gay bestie. Ymmv

• Love 8

I went to make up school for like a minute, so please excuse the extreme superficiality, but I'd like to know who taught the Duggar girls that lining their eyes with (apparently) a thick brown crayon is attractive. They all do it. Jinger's case is especially egregious because she has those beautiful gray eyes that she just totally gunks up with crap. Does Gothard have an eyeliner fetish too?

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Aja said:

I went to make up school for like a minute, so please excuse the extreme superficiality, but I'd like to know who taught the Duggar girls that lining their eyes with (apparently) a thick brown crayon is attractive. They all do it. Jinger's case is especially egregious because she has those beautiful gray eyes that she just totally gunks up with crap. Does Gothard have an eyeliner fetish too?

I blame the Kardashians and YouTube makeup vloggers. Somebody needs to tell Jinger that black liner is way too harsh for daytime. She needs to switch to a chocolate brown and not be so heavy handed with the application. FWIW, Kate Middleton is a fan of the raccoon eyeliner and I think it looks terrible on her as well. 

• Love 5
On 7/24/2016 at 2:30 PM, Churchhoney said:

Must be meet-the-fam time in PA. Complete with Pennsylvania Dutch cooking (Hope I don't offend anybody, but to me most of it tastes like pouring a sack of lard-imbued flour down your throat.)    

Anyway, nothing says "the general public views my new parents-in-law as incredibly toxic people" like featuring dumb-ass Bin in your online meet-the-fam photo album. http://www.shady-maple.com/about-us

Ben looks uncomfortable with Jeremy's side hug. Jeremy looks like he'd rather hug Ben than Jinger. One big happy family.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Aja said:

I noticed the same thing.  If they switched to green/blue/purple every now and then and didn't completely line the entire eye it would look better. Maybe Gothard only allows the crayon look?  I know he has something with rules about earrings, - only one piercing per ear on the lobe, so  maybe he has makeup rules too. I wonder if he plays with dolls and makes up rules about dress/hair/makeup.  I wouldn't put it past him, he's all kinds of creepy.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

I'm confused about the family picture at the Dutch restaurant .  Is the woman in the print v-neck his mom?  Who is the gal with the defrauding knees and who is curly-hair dude?

Those are not family members. His mother is tall and lean with short light brown hair. His sister is also thin, with long, straight brown hair. I have not seen a picture of his brother, but since he lives in Boston, I doubt that guy is him. My (very educated) guess is it's just fans.

• Love 1

Just realized in the picture of just the two of them, their heads are touching.  Are they allowed to do that?  They can't hold hands but they can touch heads? What if they kiss by accident or something?  I think they are breaking the rules.  Maybe they came up with their own rules - head/face touching OK, but no hand holding, no front head/face touching....

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I never noticed how curvey and womanly Ben is through the hips/thigh area before.

Use your finger to cover him from the chest up in that picture. If it wasn't for his big man hand, I'd think that was a picture of a woman. 

I love this post :)  the stuff I usually think to myself but don't say!  Love ben's womanly curves!

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is probably embarrassed to be 28 years old and going on chaperoned dates. It's a far cry from frat parties and nights in the drunk tank. I'm sure he's fully aware he's sacrificing all measures of self-respect in order to score fame, TV time and a meek, anorexic virgin. Flash forward five years and he'll be a carbon copy of Smuggar: paunchy, miserable and trolling Tinder for hook-ups. Mark my words.

100% agree.  I'm sure in a year or two we'll be referring back to this post and saying you called it first!

2 hours ago, Aja said:

I don't get it. She is a beautiful girl but all you see is raccoon eyes. I feel like her eyes used to be smaller and less prominent than they are now. Maybe that's just because she's lost weight in her face? 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Just realized in the picture of just the two of them, their heads are touching.  Are they allowed to do that?  They can't hold hands but they can touch heads? What if they kiss by accident or something?  I think they are breaking the rules.  Maybe they came up with their own rules - head/face touching OK, but no hand holding, no front head/face touching....

Hands, boobs, groins, and lips get one in trouble. Cuz we all know you can't be kissed, hold a hand, or frontally hug someone without wanting to run off into the nearest closet and do the wild thing. And for goodness sake, if your hand has been held by someone you don't marry you have damaged your reputation.

Hips, side-head, and shoulders are apparently okay. You can't make this shit up.

• Love 8

Flash forward five years and he'll be a carbon copy of Smuggar: paunchy, miserable and trolling Tinder for hook-ups. Mark my words.

WRONG. 3 years, tops. He knows what the real world is like, after all.

• Love 5

The only thing I can say in defense of Jeremy is that he chose this life. He certaily had every opportunity to live a "normal" life and somehow got involved in Duggarville. Now we can sit and analyze WHY Jeremey chose the Duggars etc.  but at least, Jeremy is an educated adult and made his own decisions. 

Josh never really did have a choice on his life and now he is painted in a corner...he is still responsible for his actions but Josh never wanted this lifestyle and we all knew it. 

Derick seemed to have some freedom also and an education. Ben's had less freedom compared to Derick and Jeremy.  Poor Anna was very tightly controlled much like Josh. 

Jeremy has lived the most and he still chose this.  Interesting guy. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, awaken said:

I love this post :)  the stuff I usually think to myself but don't say!  Love ben's womanly curves!

Yep, that's my job.  Saying shit so odd or rude that no one else would dare speak of it.  I guess I can check "body shaming borderline misogynistic useless observation" off this week's "to do" list. 

Since I am on a bit of a slightly body shaming roll, let me add this ... I think that Jinger (like several of her sisters) have the buggy-eye thing going on and that ugly kohl ring around their eyes is a sadly misguided attempt to minimize the situation. All it does is draw attention to it, though.  I vote we start a go-fund-me page to raise bus fare to Tontitown for Aja and her MAC kit.  Someone has to do something ... 

• Love 10
On July 24, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Churchhoney said:

Must be meet-the-fam time in PA. Complete with Pennsylvania Dutch cooking (Hope I don't offend anybody, but to me most of it tastes like pouring a sack of lard-imbued flour down your throat.)    

Anyway, nothing says "the general public views my new parents-in-law as incredibly toxic people" like featuring dumb-ass Bin in your online meet-the-fam photo album. http://www.shady-maple.com/about-us

Wow...not a cheap place to eat, by a long shot.  And it's a buffet?  I thought Lancaster was an inexpensive place to visit.  And they sure do have their refund policy down pat, don't they?  Must have experienced a lot of cheaters.  

• Love 4

Aja and her makep kit----hmm I smell danger for Jinger. Aja just might be her savior and finally free her. We all know there will be none of that because the show has to go on! Boob has you on his radar now Aja put your tin foil hat on!!

• Love 6
On 7/23/2016 at 4:44 PM, DoctorWhovian said:

Yeah, something about this new picture has him looking distinctly less hot than before.

He's been tainted like everyone else that's come in contact with this family. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. Benessa did the heads as well. They have such strange rules of what will and won't defraud one. 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hips, side-head, and shoulders are apparently okay. You can't make this shit up.

And don't forget joy's chest in ben's face when she did his hair prior to the wedding. That's ok, but hand holding during prayer is not. 

• Love 5
On 6/28/2016 at 8:59 PM, louannems said:
2 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

jinger-duggar-1-435.jpg

Is it just me or does Jeremey look totally like " OH fuck what am I getting myself into" LOL. Jinger looks happy though. 

• Love 10

I was coming to post this too.

Can't they dress better when the cameras come a calling!? Seriously, his shirt is way too small and her clothes look cheap and mismatched.

There is NO saving Jinger now. 

Kudos to all that called her engaged already we were all right on the money. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Here's the Duggars blog post. 

http://duggarfamily.com/duggar-news?ID=9ecd8e18-a99f-4620-a7af-aa423588e422

Will she get to keep the money made from People due to her being a Duggar?

And I totally called this to set up a fall wedding that Muffy could attend. I also called her hiding her hand in every picture we saw last month. Who knows how long they have really been engaged? Remember, Muffy's courtship wasn't announced until the week after they got engaged.

It also looks like the show will now lead in Cake Boss, Tuesdays at 8. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
(edited)

Props to everyone who called the engagement in advance.

I want to see her ring up close. It definitely looks nicer than that piece of junk Bin gave Jessa. Jeremy is displaying some really unfortunate body language in that picture. Assuming they took more than photo, that would've been the LAST one I chose to put out on social media. 

Jana better crank up her sewing machine and get to work on those bridesmaids' dresses.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
(edited)

Blew up the ring on my phone. Single stone, either a cushion or princess cut. Looked again, it could be an oval, but not a halo like Famy's. Looks to be about one carat. Couldn't get close enough without it getting too blurry to tell for sure. It looks like yellow gold. Saw some pics at FJ of them meeting Jeremy's cousins this weekend. He's in the striped shirt of the "head touching" picture, so I guess touching was okay, since they were already engaged. But I do swear that Benessa did that while still courting. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Not one of us commented that they are now actually holding hands in that picture. Such a strange way to live.

Any news if they picked the date?

My wishes for Jin, if there is a God, that Sierra is NOT her wedding planner. No just NO to a cheap wedding with no food. Put your foot down Jin the Italians will adore you for it.

Speaking of Italians, I pray that one of jer's female family takes you under her wing. We Italian women are fiesty no way meek. I want Jinger to come out of shell and assert herself.

***side note to Aja now is the time to offer yourself up to do her wedding makeup. Jana is manning the mail room I think she will green light it*****

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Blew up the ring on my phone. Single stone, either a cushion or princess cut. Couldn't get close enough without it getting too blurry to tell. Saw some pics at FJ of them meeting Jeremy's cousins this weekend. He's in the striped shirt of the "head touching" picture, so I guess touching was okay, since they were already engaged. But I do swear that Benessa did that while still courting. 

In New Jersey

tumblr_oaufcvg8O81r9t2zdo3_1280.jpg

• Love 1

The engagement pic also fuels my conspiracy theory that they've been engaged for some time. Wasn't it like 100 in Philly last weekend? Even the most modest of people would be wearing short sleeves. Maybe they did get engaged indoors, but damn girl, take off that sweater if it's 100 degrees outside....IF this happened last weekend, which I don't believe it did. 

• Love 5

They're here in the Philadelphia area this week? Where are they staying? Since the Democratic Convention is in town, I figure there are no hotel rooms available. Oh wait, the Duggars will just decide to stay at Jeremy's relative's home- with all of their kids, grandkids, and inlaws ! The weather has been in the mid nineties every day with bad thunderstorms at night. Must be hard on the crew filming.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oops, didn't see the video component of Koka's first pic; I thought it was a still

Jeremy got the famewhore lingo down pat in no time flat!

And TLC filming it confirms that this isn't recent. They never get stuff out that quickly, especially location shoots. The only thing they got out quickly was the naming of the Horrible, Bad, No Good Name. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)

The second picture above would be great if MEchelle wouldn't have been in it. What a complete bitch to steal Jinger's special moment.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is Jessa pregnant again and stealing some thunder? 

I think so too. She will have her baby bump front and center just like Jilly did at Jessa's wedding. UGH I can smell the tackiness on that wedding planning all the way here in Chicago.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6

I haven't been following this family at all as of late, but after seeing the announcement video on People's website, I will say Jinger looks overwhelmed and very happy. She always seemed a bit down to me so the big smile was a surprise. I hope they are happy together.

• Love 5

Jessa looks so frumpy and yes, pregnant. She may be considered the "hot" one (or was at one point), but Jessa's nasty personality makes her very unattractive in my opinion.  Jill is frumpy as well. What's the deal, they get married and begin to morph into their mother. Poor Jinger, the same fate likely awaits her.

• Love 7
(edited)

Why did he wear sneakers when proposing? He wore loafers in that pic at the restaurant when he was in SHORTS! He already has Duggar Fashion Sense. Hell, BEN looked better. 

edit: Pic is too large, and I can't make it into a link. I found the pic on FJ. Koka, wanna take a shot at posting it?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why did he wear sneakers when proposing? He wore loafers in that pic at the restaurant when he was in SHORTS! He already has Duggar Fashion Sense. Hell, BEN looked better. 

edit: Pic is too large, and I can't make it into a link. I found the pic on FJ. Koka, wanna take a shot at posting it?

JJCO-Jinger-Engagement-1.png

JJCO-Jinger-Engagement-8.png

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Jessa's gaining weight in her face again. So much for that 9 months and adopt thing they were trying to sell. Spurge isn't even 9 months until late next week. 

I imagine TLC paid for the "city" proposal. No way a preacher could pay for a rooftop in Manhattan. 

• Love 4