Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My IG analysis 😁 is: workout, lunch, dinner, with a bunch of other shit in between.

Fascinating! Most of us manage to do that while also working outside the home.

5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe I'm just cranky, but stupid delicious is making me stabby

Same! And where did she pick that up, Tik Tok?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Funny, I remember Jeremy responding to a post about his grandpa professor wear. A commenter said it was so not LA. Jeremy said something like, no matter, it was Jeremy's style and he was sticking with it. I guess he didn't stick with it.

• LOL 7

Of the Bates and Duggar sisters, I think Alyssa was the first Bates sister to wear pants and Jinger was the first Duggar. None of the Duggar sisters, including Jinger, have veered too far off course of modest clothing. Alyssa wears some risqué clothing by Fundy standards but IMO, Josie B pushes the boundary farther and more often. Imagine Jinger explaining the dress Josie chose to wear on Easter, to Michelle.

image.png.47ff5e1f1e0e2fa4e41519e26be1be86.png

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Of the Bates and Duggar sisters, I think Alyssa was the first Bates sister to wear pants and Jinger was the first Duggar. None of the Duggar sisters, including Jinger, have veered too far off course of modest clothing. Alyssa wears some risqué clothing by Fundy standards but IMO, Josie B pushes the boundary farther and more often. Imagine Jinger explaining the dress Josie chose to wear on Easter, to Michelle.

Are you able to see the length of her dress? Nike!

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

F4D87FB6-F8CD-4F7B-844F-ADFDCE529541.jpeg

I think the jumpsuit looks really nice on Jinger and is a cute choice for Easter. It looks about 1 size too big though, but its pressed well. I would've done a colorful shoe since the dress is plain.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Although Josie's dress is risqué by fundy standards, in my social milieu, women still dress conservatively for Easter photos (as compared to Christmas per se where people might wear short skirts with tights- Chicago winter and all), Josie would not stick out among the Easter photos on my social media feed, since her sleeves are long although the skirt is shorter. She is also very slim, so the body con dress isn't as "risqué" as it would be with a woman that had more "junk in the trunk'. I think she looks nice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think the jumpsuit looks really nice on Jinger and is a cute choice for Easter. It looks about 1 size too big though, but its pressed well. I would've done a colorful shoe since the dress is plain.

Although Josie's dress is risqué by fundy standards, in my social milieu, women still dress conservatively for Easter photos (as compared to Christmas per se where people might wear short skirts with tights- Chicago winter and all), Josie would not stick out among the Easter photos on my social media feed, since her sleeves are long although the sskirt is shorter. She is also very slim, so the body con dress isn't as "risqué" as it would be with a woman that had more "junk in the trunk'. I think she looks nice.

Josie's dress wouldn't stick out in my circles or area for a formal function, like a wedding or holiday party. A sleeveless one with a lower neckline might be worn for clubbing, but in my area, even outside of my circle, it wouldn't be deemed appropriate for Easter functions and certainly not for church.

Jinger's outfit would fit almost any occasion around here. I actually like it a lot, although jumpsuits, IMO, are too inconvenient, for me anyway.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger's outfit would fit almost any occasion around here. I actually like it a lot, although jumpsuits, IMO, are too inconvenient, for me anyway.

taking my reply to small talk.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I'll say that to me the outfit looks the right size.  It fits like the one my daughter wore yesterday.  You don't want them skin tight, but need some room to move.  

Josie's dress would get some looks at over half the churches in my area.  It's a fine dress, but not quite right for Easter Sunday.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'll say that to me the outfit looks the right size.  It fits like the one my daughter wore yesterday.  You don't want them skin tight, but need some room to move.  

Josie's dress would get some looks at over half the churches in my area.  It's a fine dress, but not quite right for Easter Sunday.  

It’s hard to tell how large the jumpsuit is on her due to her stance leaning into her headship, lol. What I don’t understand is the need for men to pose with one hand in their pockets. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yes it could be the angle of the shot of Jinger and Jeremy- I wonder if one of the kids took it.

20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

F4D87FB6-F8CD-4F7B-844F-ADFDCE529541.jpeg

I think Jinger's outfit looks great.  With a few exceptions, she has the best style of the Duggars.  I have to wonder if she is her own stylist or how much Jeremy influences her.  He doesn't style himself that well, so I'm inclined to think she does it on her own.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s hard to tell how large the jumpsuit is on her due to her stance leaning into her headship, lol. What I don’t understand is the need for men to pose with one hand in their pockets. 

It fits her perfectly through the shoulders so I would say its the correct size.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie also did some kind of reel of herself a few weeks ago, showing off her a@@ in tight leather pants.  I'd say the modesty standards have officially gone out the window.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, awaken said:

Josie also did some kind of reel of herself a few weeks ago, showing off her a@@ in tight leather pants.  I'd say the modesty standards have officially gone out the window.  

I bet Jill R is writing a seething screed railing against those who have given in to Satanic worldly clothing as we speak.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 4/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, BigBingerBro said:

35ie5bsl5ls81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

After all the talk about this dress, last night I starting watching this video by a very stylish lady I follow and she's wearing a top with a dark lace collar area. This must be a thing now.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, awaken said:

Isn't it amazing how fast any standards go once the cameras stop rolling?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

None of those people give a shit about Jinger.  They're just lobbing shots at Jeremy, making everything about him and supposedly what he demands.  

They aren't "concerned", they're just pointlessly blathering, not actually knowing her, her physical health or her wellbeing. 

Some folks are so thirsty for validation that they "care".  Sick.  

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Isn't it amazing how fast any standards go once the cameras stop rolling?

Except in this case the Bates sisters went 'hoochie' while the show was still being filmed.

• LOL 7
21 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think Jinger's outfit looks great.  With a few exceptions, she has the best style of the Duggars.  I have to wonder if she is her own stylist or how much Jeremy influences her.  He doesn't style himself that well, so I'm inclined to think she does it on her own.

I know that this is a fundie thing, but I find it odd that conservative people are willing to change the name of an important holiday just to prove that they are better than the rest of us, and the only people who truly "get" the meaning of Easter.

They are the ones who completely flip out when people prefer to be called "African-Americans" or "women" instead of "girls," etc.

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I know that this is a fundie thing, but I find it odd that conservative people are willing to change the name of an important holiday just to prove that they are better than the rest of us, and the only people who truly "get" the meaning of Easter.

They are the ones who completely flip out when people prefer to be called "African-Americans" or "women" instead of "girls," etc.

And they’re the ones who usually don’t know the full history behind holidays like Easter and Christmas. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

My comment got kicked out of the comment section of that article.  All I said was: “If I had to sit across the dinner table from that douchebag, I wouldn’t have an appetite either.”  People just can’t handle the truth anymore. 😁

I didn’t realize the Daily Fail was so closely monitored. I’m sure many others posted similar comments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

After all the talk about this dress, last night I starting watching this video by a very stylish lady I follow and she's wearing a top with a dark lace collar area. This must be a thing now.

The lace collar thing looks better on that woman than it did on Jinger's outfit. Jinger's would have looked better if it had been a white or a flesh-colored lace collar, as her dress was essentially orange and white. This lace collar looks better because there is black intermixed in with the shirt.

ETA: I would have automatically liked Jinger's dress better if she had paired it with some Doc Martens and created a 90s outfit.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

The lace collar thing looks better on that woman than it did on Jinger's outfit. Jinger's would have looked better if it had been a white or a flesh-colored lace collar, as her dress was essentially orange and white. This lace collar looks better because there is black intermixed in with the shirt.

ETA: I would have automatically liked Jinger's dress better if she had paired it with some Doc Martens and created a 90s outfit.

I agree. And just because a style is trendy doesn’t mean it’s a good choice for everyone. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think she is painfully thin.  She looks like a smaller woman but I don't see eating disorder when I look at her.  

The more disturbing photos weren’t included.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think she is painfully thin.  She looks like a smaller woman but I don't see eating disorder when I look at her.  

I have to remind people my daughter and I have seen Jinger "in the flesh" without any photo distortion or possible photoshopping.  She's the same size as my daughter which is about a 4 or an XS in most clothing.  She was not painfully thin, but probably around the same BMI as my daughter which is about a 20 and is considered in the healthy range.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I have to remind people my daughter and I have seen Jinger "in the flesh" without any photo distortion or possible photoshopping.  She's the same size as my daughter which is about a 4 or an XS in most clothing.  She was not painfully thin, but probably around the same BMI as my daughter which is about a 20 and is considered in the healthy range.  

That is what I thought.  I wear a 4 also and she doesn't look much different than I do in photos.  Except I am WAY older!  I work on a college campus and see too many women with eating disorders (fuzzy face, skeletal, unhealthy pallor etc).  Jinger doesn't have those attributes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So does that mean the free housing that he had “for 6 months” something like 3 years ago, is going to end?

My guess is he is brown-nosing his nose right off his face now to stay in LA on staff and in free housing. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10