Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Do I remember correctly that this free housing situation was temporary, as in six months?

RFP may be shining on and hitting up Rich Dude Jr. to put a word in Rich Dude’s ear about a longer term freebie.

Would you put it past RFP for even a split second?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Apparently the guy in the picture wrote comments on the post? from FB:

"Good coffee is always better when  enjoyed with great company."    

The guy in the photo, Matt wrote: "Imagine if I never met the broski."  Jeremy replied: "Not an enjoyable thought."    I hope Cade doesn't find out about this new bromance.

what a couple douches! Broski? 😆😆😆

Wait Matt actually said that.  He's quoting/paraphrasing "Magine if I never met the broskies." Drake (rapper/R & B/ mega music star) and the song God's Plan (by Drake).  God's Plan was the #1 song of 2018 according to Billboard. Drake is not a "Christian" artist like Kanye. The song was #1 including all genres. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Do I remember correctly that this free housing situation was temporary, as in six months?

RFP may be shining on and hitting up Rich Dude Jr. to put a word in Rich Dude’s ear about a longer term freebie.

Would you put it past RFP for even a split second?

Six months is up around January. So yeah, stare into Matt's eyes and hope for an extension from Mommy and Daddy.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, Suzn said:

This struck me as a very odd picture and couldn't quite put my finger on what made it so peculiar.  It's the way they are looking deeply into each other's eyes - the little smiles - the kiss (sorry that's next).

Told ya   ---gay.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I am actively cheering the fall of the Duggar empire, but I also am not married to one of them. (Praise Jesus, Hallelujah, Amen). 

That being said, HE is married to one. I think Jinger is happy to have some distance from her family, but I really doubt she is pleased at the news filtering out of Arkansas. In fact, I am sure it is really upsetting to her, especially if implicates relatives other than Josh. So, if Jeremy had anything resembling basic decency toward his wife, he'd keep his opinions about his in-laws and their legal woes to himself and just privately gloat and keep any glee to himself. 

Sigh.

Alas, he has nothing at all related to basic decency towards his wife or anyone other than himself. Maybe a smidge for FeliciTee at the moment. All the guy knows how to do is gloat, so he should get a fountain pen and a pocket square and go gloat in the corner!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Oh for sure. I am just baffled by the narrative a lot of people have in which Jeremy is somehow seen as better than his in-laws. He's really not. His beliefs are just as odious, and his character flaws are just as nasty in their own way. 

He only looks better doing it...

I am hoping to see the empire crumble, but this could get ugly in ways that are not fun to watch.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 8
Just now, Suzn said:

He only looks better doing it...

Haha Well, he tries, but personally, his looks do nothing for me (I find him downright goofy-looking at times), and I find his fashion style sort of off-putting. Though I readily admit that is all personal preference. He certainly does try to look spiffy while being as big of an asshole as the in-laws he thinks he is better than. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh for sure. I am just baffled by the narrative a lot of people have in which Jeremy is somehow seen as better than his in-laws. He's really not. His beliefs are just as odious, and his character flaws are just as nasty in their own way. 

Better than his in laws? Ewwwww. They reside in the bottom of the same stinky barrel. 🥴

• Love 4
Just now, Zella said:

Haha Well, he tries, but personally, his looks do nothing for me (I find him downright goofy-looking at times), and I find his fashion style sort of off-putting. Though I readily admit that is all personal preference. He certainly does try to look spiffy while being as big of an asshole as the in-laws he thinks he is better than. 

The Duggar bar for style is very, very, very low so Jeremy can easily beat it.  I do see the goofy-looking sometimes, but I find him moderately attractive most of the time.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Suzn said:

The Duggar bar for style is very, very, very low so Jeremy can easily beat it.  I do see the goofy-looking sometimes, but I find him moderately attractive most of the time.  

Hehe The Duggar style bar is so low!

Jeremy's rabbity teeth bother me. I actually thought he was better-looking when he and Jinger first got together, and he seemed to look less preppy in general. Still not my type, but I didn't really notice the rabbity teeth then. I also think he is one of those guys who needs facial hair. The pictures I have seen of him clean-shaven in general (to me) look worse than when he has some stubble. 

Oh, I didn't see this at first in your one comment, but yes, @Suzn, I totally agree this has the potential to get nasty in a way that might be uncomfortable to watch, let alone to experience. I guess that's why his decision to like that comment baffles me so much. 

I sincerely hope whatever the scandal is isn't sexual in nature for the sake of any potential victims. But also because I think that would likely be a devastating trip down memory lane for all the Duggar girls who were victimized by Josh, which includes Jinger. I don't want the family on TV, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I guess that's asking too much of Jeremy to think through the implications for a family scandal of any nature for his wife and the mother of his child. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hehe The Duggar style bar is so low!

Jeremy's rabbity teeth bother me. I actually thought he was better-looking when he and Jinger first got together, and he seemed to look less preppy in general. Still not my type, but I didn't really notice the rabbity teeth then. I also think he is one of those guys who needs facial hair. The pictures I have seen of him clean-shaven in general (to me) look worse than when he has some stubble. 

Oh, I didn't see this at first in your one comment, but yes, @Suzn, I totally agree this has the potential to get nasty in a way that might be uncomfortable to watch, let alone to experience. I guess that's why his decision to like that comment baffles me so much. 

I sincerely hope whatever the scandal is isn't sexual in nature for the sake of any potential victims. But also because I think that would likely be a devastating trip down memory lane for all the Duggar girls who were victimized by Josh, which includes Jinger. I don't want the family on TV, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I guess that's asking too much of Jeremy to think through the implications for a family scandal of any nature for his wife and the mother of his child. 

I do agree that he seemed more attractive in the early days. His style, hair cut and facial hair are all a bit different.  He does have a nice body.  He's not particularly my type either, it's just that compared to the circus parade of the Duggars, he looks pretty good.

I added the comment about the ugliness that seems imminent.  I have limited tolerance for that sort of thing, even among people I don't like.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 4

I think another highly possible explanation of this little incident is that Jer just  failed to pay attention when he liked that comment. 

After all, like so many of the comments RFP gets, it came from the little people and it mentioned the Duggars. I'd bet he spends as little time on such comments as possible and has a reflex response as he races onward through his feed.....hoping to finish it so he can spend more quality time with European clothing websites.

I can just see him racing through his comments, thumbs flying, and hitting 'like" to anything that in a very brief glance seems to come from a Duggar fan and not be a personal insult or unwelcome question directed at him. I'm sure he disdains Duggar fans, but they give him his numbers so he probably "likes" most of what comes from that direction.....And only stops a little longer to delete ones that he notices quickly hit one of his particular hot buttons.

He probably barely registers at all the comments that don't hit his personal hot buttons. Thus, the high probability he'll make errors like this.......I don't see him as a person who thoughtfully responds to his many "followers," especially Duggar-related ones. 

Not saying that he doesn't go along with the sentiment behind that "like." Just saying I don't think he's dumb enough to have deliberately responded in that way at this point. (and i do think he's pretty dumb....just not that dumb....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 11/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, Churchhoney said:

(of course his finding a more famous or richer guy willing to be his broski.... slim....so there's that)

I think Jer's banking on Kanye to fill that particular void.

39 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd bet he spends as little time on such comments as possible and has a reflex response as he races onward through his feed.....hoping to finish it so he can spend more quality time with European clothing websites.

This is one of those perfectly-worded sentences that makes no sense anywhere but the thread in which it's written, and is so spot-on that the only remedy is to laugh out loud. 🙂

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7

Apart from any all the other reasons listed, looking forward to the downfall of another person, even if it is your Duggar in laws, isn’t showing a very Christian outlook 

But then not a lot that that RFP has shown us lately exudes much in the way of love and compassion or Christ like living 

• Love 10
On 11/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy really fancies himself a model and coffee is his favorite prop.

I’m not sure why I ever thought Jeremy was good-looking.  Now I think he just looks like a dork.  I’m thinking that Jinger should return him and demand a refund. 🤓

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m not sure why I ever thought Jeremy was good-looking.  Now I think he just looks like a dork.  I’m thinking that Jinger should return him and demand a refund. 🤓

Handsome is as handsome does, maybe? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Jeremy better pray that there isn't a new big Duggar scandal. If they lose the show and the family falls from grace, I bet his new BFFs will drop him like a hot potato.

The attention and special treatment is getting is all because he's on a TV show and semi-famous. Take that away and he's just a regular nobody. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

They’re due for a really high-maintenance baby next time. For the kid’s sake, I can only hope it’s photogenic or Datty will gift it to dear friends.

A lot of people who were low-maintenance as babies don't necessarily age that way. The only time I've ever been low-maintenance was a baby/toddler. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Jeremy better pray that there isn't a new big Duggar scandal. If they lose the show and the family falls from grace, I bet his new BFFs will drop him like a hot potato.

The attention and special treatment is getting is all because he's on a TV show and semi-famous. Take that away and he's just a regular nobody. 

Yeah, I think that is one of the fatal flaws in his disdain for his in-laws. They are ignorant and awful, but he still tied himself to them and their media circus. He can try to distance himself all he wants, but that will not necessarily protect him if they get enveloped in scandal. He is still inextricably tied to them and their little fiefdom. And depending on exactly what is unfolding in Arkansas, all of his little LA "friends" and seminary sponsors might very well flee for the hills if things escalate.

Good luck finding a free place to live and restaurants to mooch off or and free pocket squares then, JereMe. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Temperance said:

A lot of people who were low-maintenance as babies don't necessarily age that way. The only time I've ever been low-maintenance was a baby/toddler. 

My daughter was, far and away, the easiest, sunniest-natured of my three. She lived to please and to be a peacemaker. Somewhere along the line, probably during college, she morphed into Mr. Jyn's prickly twin. My son-in-law often tells me that we married the same person. He's far better than I am at letting things roll right off his back, though and is still crazy about her after some 12 or 13 years together.

I really hope that the Duggars, et al, will end up with a share of difficult babies, though, because those seem more apt, in general, to have minds of their own. Well, as long as they don't try to beat or blanket-train those tendencies out of them...but it does seem as though this generation of parents is at least marginally less punitive. Except for maybe Dreck.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, trust me, it's coming. My brother's first son was an angel. Hardly cried, could sit on an airplane for ten hours with no complaint, adapted well to whatever was around him. Baby #2 was an absolute terror. Jingle's freewheeling coffee shop days will be over before long.

Mine were the reverse.  Very high maintenance first one, easy going second one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder when that was taken? It certainly isn't current, being only 4:25 in LA. I guess it's another one they had stashed away for filler.

Another one with a photographer tagged:

DB84AED8-638F-4064-A75F-6C81E2E9F77F.jpeg

• Useful 2