Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Saw this on tumblr. It was submitted by fan. 

These bozos were probably the only ones in "church clothes", everyone else was in concert gear. 

They really think Kanye is going to "save" people with his music 😆. No! They just want to see Yeezy and tickets were free.

Screenshot_20191110-120613_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.aa3b37a5a7c0356f963353dc16468936.jpg

da87debc-26b5-4d8c-bb5e-8348453c52c2.thumb.jpg.20da914af9059616ddea7c9e1beb6295.jpg

• LOL 6

They may look happy but it could all be fake. That's the thing about social media they can make their lives appear however they want.

Audrey Roloff stays posting staged photos of her perfect little family and then admitted that they were struggling in their marriage. Duggar friend Kristen admitted her husband was an alcoholic but I would have never guessed it because she always portrayed him as the perfect hubby. 

For all we know RFP could have thousands of dollars in credit card debt from fancy clothing stores. Idk, I just feel some type of scandal coming from this family some day. 

• Love 21

I think Jinger & Jeremy are happy together, and Felicity is adorable. My biggest snark about their photos is that they are trying to promote them as spontaneous when it's obvious most of them are set up to show off their perfect life.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Rescue Mama said:

I know I'm all alone at a table for one here but I like seeing the pictures of this family.  They all seem happy to me, set up photos don't change that in my mind.  Jinger has what to me looks like genuine smiles and she just looks like she's loving her life right now.   She's always been my favorite and im happy to see her happy.  

People comment on stuff and how bad it is but I just don't see it.   Lissy is a happy kid and kids can't fake happiness.   Everything they do is nitpicked and that's fine,  I guess i just don't see the "bad" stuff.  I prefer to see the happiness beyond.  

I think they're a very happy little family.  

It probably has something to do with my grandaughter Alyssa who I call Lissy.  

I’ll join you at the table.  I think they look very happy together and are enjoying their life. Like you, I just don’t see the “bad” stuff” a lot of people see.  I don’t think they deserve all the negativity about their hair, clothes, looks, etc.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I think Jinger & Jeremy are happy together, and Felicity is adorable. My biggest snark about their photos is that they are trying to promote them as spontaneous when it's obvious most of them are set up to show off their perfect life.

Apparently this is a disease people catch soon after they become super-regular Facebook/Insta posters.....and which intensifies in those who aspire to be influencers. 

Seems like resistance is futile, too, given how many people have fallen prey to it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As they also say, "English is weird. It can be understood through tough, thorough thought, though." (Whether this is actually true is undetermined, however.)

This is probably the best variation I've seen of that particular set of words. Thanks!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The English language changes it's rules more often than the Duggars.

twenty-one-reasons-why-english-is-hard-t

Funny! but I'm pretty sure, it's "blonde" for females and "blond" for men, and "brunette" for females and "brunet" for men, because this terminology is derived from the French:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/blond-vs-blonde/

Blonde and blond essentially mean the same thing. It’s just that in French, blond is the masculine form, both as a noun and adjective; adding the E makes it feminine. So, a woman with blond hair is une blonde, a man, un blond.

In English—if we are being technical about the word’s French origins—blonde as a noun or adjective should be applied to women or girls “having light hair and usually fair skin and light eyes.” That means a man or boy is a blond, or has blond hair—not blonde hair with an E.

The Associated Press (AP) Style Book upholds this rule. Garner’s Modern American Usage, on the other hand, cautions against using blonde due to risks of sexism.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Olliesmom said:

I’ll join you at the table.  I think they look very happy together and are enjoying their life. Like you, I just don’t see the “bad” stuff” a lot of people see.  I don’t think they deserve all the negativity about their hair, clothes, looks, etc.  

I don't think they deserve it either but everyone has the right to their opinion.  Thanks for the company at the table.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy looks like a stuffy middle-aged dad taking his teenage daughter to a Taylor Swift concert. 

They both look a little, um, puffy in that photo. And Jinger needs a little bit bigger blazer. The button on that thing is going to break off and hurt someone.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Knowing very little about the fundie culture, and rarely reading beyond this page, I must ask this.

The girls can not cut their hair, correct? Their master likes it long, godly....whatever.

Then why can they color and manipulate it? How is that any different than cutting? I just can't see that there is any sense to this thought process.

Don't cut. But yes, please color, change, process, braid, clip, and alter your hair in every other way? Only actual length shows love for God?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Knowing very little about the fundie culture, and rarely reading beyond this page, I must ask this.

The girls can not cut their hair, correct? Their master likes it long, godly....whatever.

Then why can they color and manipulate it? How is that any different than cutting? I just can't see that there is any sense to this thought process.

Don't cut. But yes, please color, change, process, braid, clip, and alter your hair in every other way? Only actual length shows love for God?

I can't speak for the Duggars, but I know fundies who rant and rave about the evils of makeup but see no problem with a pedicure or manicure. It bewilders me how one is okay and the other is not. But for that reason, I doubt any of them could articulate a coherent response to your question.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I can't speak for the Duggars, but I know fundies who rant and rave about the evils of makeup but see no problem with a pedicure or manicure. It bewilders me how one is okay and the other is not. But for that reason, I doubt any of them could articulate a coherent response to your question.  

In Jinger's case, her headship is now Jeremy and he may have no particular attachment to his wife's hairstyle as an indicator of being right with Jesus. 

Jinger had long hair growing up because her headship then - JB -strongly prefers long hair on females and what he wants, he gets. Also, the Duggars' fearless leader Bill Gothard was quite a fan of the long hair with banana curls so of course the Duggar daughters all wore that style. 

I think Jinger's used to long hair - which is mainstream fashionable these days - and while she's free to color it, etc., she's probably not going to cut it. As I said, she had the long hair is righteous thing pounded into her head growing up so she's probably internalized it regardless of whether her current Lord and Master, I mean headship, Jeremy thinks about it like that. IMO Jeremy wouldn't consider it Satanic if she ever does cut her hair. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

In Jinger's case, her headship is now Jeremy and he may have no particular attachment to his wife's hairstyle as an indicator of being right with Jesus. 

Jinger had long hair growing up because her headship then - JB -strongly prefers long hair on females and what he wants, he gets. Also, the Duggars' fearless leader Bill Gothard was quite a fan of the long hair with banana curls so of course the Duggar daughters all wore that style. 

I think Jinger's used to long hair - which is mainstream fashionable these days - and while she's free to color it, etc., she's probably not going to cut it. As I said, she had the long hair is righteous thing pounded into her head growing up so she's probably internalized it regardless of whether her current Lord and Master, I mean headship, Jeremy thinks about it like that. IMO Jeremy wouldn't consider it Satanic if she ever does cut her hair. 

True! Really, as much as Jeremy himself likes to preen and as vocal as he is about liking fashion, it would be pretty hypocritical of him to call out anyone else for styling their hair, wearing makeup, etc. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So...other than the fairly creepy Kanye latch-on, has RFP posted anything, and I mean ANYTHING about his studies or his supposed vocationVACATION lately? I don’t recall anything past Prop in the big expensive library photos....

fixed it for you, and there's your answer. Either that or he truly is so into his studies that he doesn't even think about posting some wise tidbit he picked up on any given day??

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, LilJen said:

fixed it for you, and there's your answer. Either that or he truly is so into his studies that he doesn't even think about posting some wise tidbit he picked up on any given day??

Aw, sweetie. Bless your kind heart, thinking he might be “so into his studies” or better yet, that he might actually pick up a “wise tidbit.” Ever.

You are so much nicer than I am!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I think that the parent not picture likely takes the picture where only 1 parent is pictured. Plus it's clear that they post pictures days/weeks after events actually happened. So it's possible that these photos were taken when a family member or friend was around. 

Anyway, I actually like Felicity's little dress. I think in general they dress her very nicely. Not too overtly girly but still super cute. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Cute picture of Jinger and Felicity, but do they have a personal photographer following them around all day? Everything surrounding the Vuolos is becoming increasingly contrived and staged. 

Not sure, but I think that's what's now known as a curated lifestyle.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I think that the parent not picture likely takes the picture where only 1 parent is pictured. Plus it's clear that they post pictures days/weeks after events actually happened. So it's possible that these photos were taken when a family member or friend was around. 

Anyway, I actually like Felicity's little dress. I think in general they dress her very nicely. Not too overtly girly but still super cute. 

The person tagged in this post in a professional photographer. He doesn't seem to be a close friend so probably he was tagged for the picture. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tasya said:

I don't dislike the dress either. It does make me laugh, though, coming so soon after Nurie's. 😄

• LOL 2
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

They announce it on this episode. But they supposedly have to move out soon. At least that's what we're told.

Wait, this is soooo messed up. They sold the house in Laredo, and had to pocket a bit og the cash - to Blow in LA. Must be nice living it up, RFP. They'll stay at least until summer - when spring semester ends. But WTH - what kid of ad is Jeremy for the seminary - come to LA and we'll give you a free place to stay.

The fix is DEFINATELY in.

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Wait, this is soooo messed up. They sold the house in Laredo, and had to pocket a bit og the cash - to Blow in LA. Must be nice living it up, RFP. They'll stay at least until summer - when spring semester ends. But WTH - what kid of ad is Jeremy for the seminary - come to LA and we'll give you a free place to stay.

Well, you, Jer. Not the other 600 students, though. (well, a few of them....wink wink nudge nudge)

Complaints to WASC talked a lot about very lopsided treatment of people by MacArthur. Looks like that's 100 percent true. 

Guess Jesus really doesn't give a crap about justice. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Wasn't favoritism one of the issues that got MacArthur into hot water with the accreditation board? I'm surprised Jeremy is flaunting his speshul snowflake status so blatantly. 

• Love 15
Just now, BitterApple said:

Wasn't favoritism one of the issues that got MacArthur into hot water with the accreditation board? I'm surprised Jeremy is flaunting his speshul snowflake status so blatantly. 

It was a big one. 

Only thing I can figure is that MacArthur must have assurances from some other Christian-college people who will get a vote on the accreditation that they have his back so he won't go down but pull through in a squeaker....or something on that order. 

Otherwise, this seems nuts on Jer's part and on MacArthur's. 

But since they're doing it, I'm guessing it's not nuts so much as it's corrupt -- and that a fix for the WASC problem is also in. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

If I’m one of the poor deluded schmucks actually paying tuition to these clowns I look at all the freebies given to this half-brained asshat just because his pretty little bland helpmeet’s family are on television and I either quit immediately and loudly and/or start MacArthur’s stupid pretentious library on fire.

This is some serious bullshit.

• Love 22

How in the heck could they afford to rent a huge house in LA with Jeremy's little salary? Of course they are grifting the house.

I did some sleuthing a while ago and found that their "dear friends" from church own tons of property (luxury apartments, etc) around LA and probably own the house they stay in. It's the couple they went to the pen store with. 

After reading the seminary website I kinda figured they had given him a free ride, too. 

Screenshot_20191112-165104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9875b48bdd6f26d7de460892634d1547.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Gotta live that influencer lifestyle. 

The Vuolos are just a more attractive version of the Dillards.

Jessa’s superficiality and Jill’s endless quest for a free lunch. Well played, Jingle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4