Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Taking GEEGOLLY's ball and running with it...

Jiancarlo

Jianna

Juiseppe

Jino

The possibilities are J'endless!

But, but, but we don't have Js in our alphabet. They will have to be traditional and go with Gs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

But, but, but we don't have Js in our alphabet. They will have to be traditional and go with Gs.

Silly, it's the duggars; they do everything just a little bit different!

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If they even move to Laredo. I think many of us are hedging our bets that the Lord will lay it on Jeremy's heart to remain close to the gravy train and start a church in Tontitown. 

I'm not so sure. I think it's more likely that if Jeremy's work has been pleasing to TPTB in the big San Antonio church that he works for, he could be given a job/ministry in San Antonio. Unless that church wants nothing to do with the Duggar Circus, or a Duggar-in-law. In which case he's gonna be stuck in Laredo until he finds himself another opportunity. Possibly in Arkansas. 

BTW I don't think he's all that good-looking. In some photos he even looks kind of rabbity. Nor am I impressed with is preaching skilz from the bits I've seen online. I suspect he got his current preacher gig thanks to his dad's influence in fundie circles. One of those deals where, "OK, we'll give your kid the job, and we'll see how well he can do."

OTOH he could be one of those people who comes across as more attractive in person and just isn't photogenic. He could be an alpha male, but so far my impression is that he's a beta, who's used his dad's contacts to start a career in the fundie ministry and is now marrying into D-list celebrity and TLC money.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

How long after the wedding will the Grifters wait till they visit them in Laredo? I say the whole family helps Jinger move there and one of the sister moms stays to help decorate the house and stays because by then Jinger is pregnant.

Yep, it's about time for Hannie to step up.  She can be Jinger's sister mom and the baby's buddy.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If she goes with G Italian names, she will never run out. Plenty of Biblical names, too. 

I'm calling Gabriel(la) for the first baby.

BTW presumed his last name wa pronounced Vwo-Lo, but looks like he says Vo-lo. Wouldn't be the first Americanized pronunciation. 

I call Genesis for the first kid. Only they'll pronounce it with a hard G. (cause otherwise you'd have to spell it "Jenesis," right?)

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Happy 29th Birthday Jeremy!!  Hope you enjoy your drippy sundae. 

Do Boob & MEchelle do Birthday videos for their children-in-laws? 

Jeremy isn't a certified Duggar yet, so no $4 birthday sundae for him. Probably no video either. Boob and Mechelle have enough trouble remembering the names of the children they brought into the world, so talking about an add-on is just extra work for them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Happy 29th Birthday Jeremy!!  Hope you enjoy your drippy sundae. 

Do Boob & MEchelle do Birthday videos for their children-in-laws? 

He'll make his own, complete with a "copyright Jeremy Vuolo" watermark right in the middle of the frame. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Perhaps he can jazz it up with some interpretive dance and props.

Or he can wear his hat backwards.

ETA: Yes, we've just mentioned all the ideas that they've come up with so far.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Genesis Creation Vuolo

Pentateuch Methuselah Deuteronomy Vuolo

Genesis Adam Vuolo

Genesis Eve Vuolo

Jardin Snake Vuolo

Jod Almighty Vuolo (Pronounced 'God'. Top that Muffy!)

• Love 4
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if he'd hire Derick to be a backup dancer?

Or, he could have Bin Asshat Backwards preach a youth sermon using rap.

Dillweed could preach to the hipsters. 

That way, they could extend the reach of their message, I mean the reach of their grifting hands into as many wallets as possible.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if he'd hire Derick to be a backup dancer?

Hire? That would require Derick to work. Dude is adverse to working.  He married JB's favorite daughter so that he can be a professional missioncationer. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Hire? That would require Derick to work. Dude is adverse to working.  He married JB's favorite daughter so that he can be a professional missioncationer. 

Isn't this the same Derick Dillard who preached /posted a sermon on sloth?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Muffy: Gesus Sturgeon Dillard!

Actually the Italian for Jesus is Gesù. So it's more likely the Vuolos will go that route. 

But I also want to point out that so far all the Duggar girls have claimed they're not doing a letter theme. When Jessa has her baby, we'll see if it's true.  Jill might go with a letter theme since even her in-laws had one, and it might help get back the spotlight. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jeremy isn't a certified Duggar yet, so no $4 birthday sundae for him. Probably no video either. Boob and Mechelle have enough trouble remembering the names of the children they brought into the world, so talking about an add-on is just extra work for them. 

He got a video from Jinge. It was predictably cringeworthy,  but she managed to flatiron her hair for it.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2016/9/happy-birthday-jeremy

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

So instead of growing up and getting on with life, she admits to hanging out at her parent's house and praying for a godly man to show up?  Funny how all three girls fall in luv with the first male they ever dated- well, courted.

• Love 5

It's sad that sitting around for years and hoping a man notices them is the only option for these women. No wonder they cling to the idea of Prince Charming. They have to believe the fairy tale will pan out because life in the interim is pretty damned depressing. It explains why Jinger reeks of desperation and why she's so embarrassingly grateful to have a washed-up athlete fiance. It's marriage or nothing.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I think this season is 10, and tomorrow night's episode is already in mid-late June (Dillard anniversary is 6/21). Engagement is coming soon. We still have to suffer through wedding dress shopping, cooking with Grammy, and Sierra.

An Autumn wedding menu of pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice cupcakes, apple cider and candy corn.

Sierra can dip the candy corn in chocolate.

Edited by GeeGolly
too add Sierra
  • Love 4

That birthday video though...

Are they not allowed to say anything that isn't related to religion? Every single thing she mentioned about Jeremy was about how godly he was and how thankful she was to God and how she has prayed for years to God for a godly man like Jeremy who loves God and fears God (is fear a good thing?) and how super attracted she is to him because he knows God's godly words and wow, this marriage will be fun. I thought nothing could be worse than her parents generic birthday greetings to their children but this one takes the cake. Does Jinger actually know Jeremy at all aside from the religious stuff?

• Love 6

I think Duggar courtships, Jinger's included, are all about out-Godding each other. Even a month after the Dillard wedding, Jill and Derick were writing out Bible verses to read while in labor. You can't make this shit up.

• Love 12

Instead of Jill's "surprise" eyebrows, Jinger has an up and down eyebrow waggle going plus the frequent look up and left.  I've never noticed her having so much trouble talking to the camera before.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

An Autumn wedding menu of pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice cupcakes, apple cider and candy corn.

Heck, she might dip the apple cider in chocolate! Oh... wait ...

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Well Jing seems to have the Baby Voice down pat in the Birthday video. I had to keep pushing the volume up to hear her.

Jingerjirl thats not your voice, I have like seasons of episodes to back it up.  Stop it :(

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

That birthday video though...

Are they not allowed to say anything that isn't related to religion? Every single thing she mentioned about Jeremy was about how godly he was and how thankful she was to God and how she has prayed for years to God for a godly man like Jeremy who loves God and fears God (is fear a good thing?) and how super attracted she is to him because he knows God's godly words and wow, this marriage will be fun. I thought nothing could be worse than her parents generic birthday greetings to their children but this one takes the cake. Does Jinger actually know Jeremy at all aside from the religious stuff?

Short version:  "No."  

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth" (Ps 34:1).  

If you talk about anything else aloud other than God, you're doing life wrong.  

While over here in the real world, people have to work jobs and do a host of things that don't require preaching and for which the latter would probably be a distraction and all, fundies think incessant God prattle is a sign of just how godly you are.  

They may in fact think it is the only sign.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

IS there anything more to Jeremy anymore aside from his Jesus prattle? If so, we haven't seen any evidence of it.

Don't forget he "has a really neat background". I.e., they are star struck by this former athlete who has had life experiences in the outside world. I think him being "famous" in their eyes help them overlook his "flaws" such as the tattoo, having given away pieces of his heart, the purple beads, garter scene, etc 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All that pumpkin can go with that meek palette of brown and The Dreadful Mustard Sweater will once again be resurrected..

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Well I'm doing life wrong because I talked about a million things and not one is God

I'm doing it doubly wrong because the only time I do mention God it tends to be about how he doesn't make sense and probably doesn't exist.

• Love 8
On 9/5/2016 at 6:36 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Pentateuch Methuselah Deuteronomy Vuolo

One of the classes I took at Bible college was "Pentateuch". We called it "Pentapuke".

I'm hoping for a girl so Jinger can name her Aimee Semple McPherson Vuolo. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

One of the classes I took at Bible college was "Pentateuch". We called it "Pentapuke".

I'm hoping for a girl so Jinger can name her Aimee Semple McPherson Vuolo. 

I think that name has Seewald Female written all over it. 

For those who couldn't access the Jinger video, I took another one for the team, went to the website, and pulled this from YouTube.

• Love 1