Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

Just now, shoegal said:

I find it seriously funny that there are pages and pages, episode after episode, bemoaning how Carole won't let it go. 

Yeah, I don't really care one way or the other about Luann vs. Carole at this point. Except, as a viewer, I'd like to see all the HW on whatever the big trip ends up being, because the NY wives usually have the best episodes when they're on vacation.

Scary Island, Slutty Island, and Turks & Caicos all rank among the best episodes of their prospective seasons to me. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think the "I won't go if she goes" is part and parcel to the HW game but it doesn't mean they actually won't go as we all heard Dorinda say Luann was coming to her party and Carole did show up. I think it is more bluster on Carole's part than actually trying to freeze Luann out, Carole just doesn't have that kind of power and she knows full well that Bethenny isn't going to go at Luann the way she is Sonja.

But Carole's comments don't go unnoticed. Dorinda thought enough of it to call Carole out for pretending that she didn't know that Luann would be at the Berkshires. Dorinda also made reference again because Bethenny saying she's not going to Mexico if Carole doesn't go all stemmed from Carole's stipulation. I think Ramona's party is the only party that Carole went to where she fully expected to see Luann there. I will say that I've noticed a trend with the HW franchises - I tend to get more aggravated and opinionated about the HW that I feel spend their entire presence on camera complaining or making it about someone else. They all get bitchy but mix in some fun girl talk, some partying, something a bit thought provoking or promote some real part of your life/interests. I just don't like it when any of the woman come across so consumed where it seems like their relevance to the show is derived from level of conflict with at least one another woman in the group.

I will say that I'm really happy to hear that Carole and Luann have found some sort of resolution. For one, it hopefully means that next season we won't have to hear the exact same complaints (here's hoping that the blogs and reunion don't open fresh wounds and they go backward in their progress). Also, I know how difficult it is when you let the behaviour and words of others affect you. When you give your feelings away to someone else to control, it sucks. I don't think Carole has been honest with herself about how affected she was by it all. She's been acting like someone who is holding a grudge and that is the opposite of moving past. When you truly move past, you take back that power you gave to someone else to control. Carole gave her power to Luann and I wouldn't wish on anyone to ever feel insecure and powerless to the point where they can't trust or feel comfortable in a room with one person they don't like despite the fact that they could be surrounded by 99 other people who are their friends. Carole is the one that benefits the most from resolution because she is the one that will have the greatest peace of mind for it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

That's Carole's thing. She insinuates.. Somehow she finds that honest.

Her other thing is never knowing when to quit and beating boring disagreements into the ground until the viewers want to turn off the tv.  She did it with book-gate and now Adam.  STFU!  I was beyond sick of book-gate and her inability to move on, and now I am beyond sick of her feud with Lu.  It's not good tv - keep it MOVING, Carole!  I thought she was all about the temporary lifestyle - she needs to learn to make Ho feuds temporary and keep it moving. 

1 hour ago, Kathcart said:

So Sonja's drinking has become OOC and her dear dear friends must step in, but Dorinda continues to get mortifyingly bombed in nearly every episode and that's perfectly all right? I don't get it.

At least when Sonja gets smashed, she doesn't spit and rant at people for NO reason.  Sonja may need a snatch guard at times, but Dorinda needs a muzzle when she is bombed, which is every event.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I find it seriously funny that there are pages and pages, episode after episode, bemoaning how Carole won't let it go. 

It seems ironic though we all respond in kind to what we are given in each episode.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And because it simply cannot be said enough - at any time and in any language - once someone calls you a Pedophile, all bets are off. Let the diagnosis and name calling proceed at every available opportunity. Do it in Tweets, on billboards, put it in fortune cookies. Go tell it on the mountain if you need to. Whisper it in Lu's ear whenever you have the opportunity. Whisper it in her fake boyfriend's ear. Anything and everything you know, think, believe, or just pull out of your ass if fair game at this point. 

Is there film or a tweet wherein Luann calls Carole a pedophile?  it would seem if it were such a devastating label, one would not continue to bring it up on camera.  I don't recall seeing such an exchange or reading any tweets about it.   And yes it matters.  I am sure there are substantial incident where one RH has named called off camera. 

• Love 7

<SNORT!!!>

There's been a lot of talk about how Jules needs to take Michael to the cleaners. ... somewhere out there John is preparing some "hilarious" inappropriate remarks on that subject.

So Sonja's drinking has become OOC and her dear dear friends must step in, but Dorinda continues to get mortifyingly bombed in nearly every episode and that's perfectly all right? I don't get it.

This is what I was thinking when Bethenny was explaining about responsible drinking in the alcohol industry. I thought, "wait, it's not ok to take Sonja because of her drinking, but, Bethenny herself was talking about Dorinda's out of control drinking in the very first episode but she can go?"

• Love 12

I cannot that Beth gave Carole the final say-so in who would get to go to Mexico with the group...like when did Carole become queen of the world? I don't get it. The more Carole is on this show, the more I can't stand her. The first season she was on, I found her quirky and humorous. Now I just see someone who is completely self-obsessed mean girl. Take her fight with Lu--I get why she's mad at her and think she has a right to be, but did Carole ever own the fact that she also took part in social media fights and said mean things about the Countess? If she has, I never heard it come out of her mouth. I don't think she really "owns her stuff" either. I'm glad her and Bethenny are friends, but I don't like B giving her the power to exclude others from trips or outings. Especially since she's being sort of immature about the whole issue she has with Lu. You're in your 50's, Carole. Move on.

• Love 6

Also need to add--if Carole truly wanted Lu out of her life, she could have quit the show. When she signed up, she knew she'd have to film with Lu at some point and possibly go on a trip with her. So for her to act like this is some egregious thing for her to deal with now and that she can't handle it is comical. It's part of your contract, sweetheart. Play along or leave the show.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Is there film or a tweet wherein Luann calls Carole a pedophile?  it would seem if it were such a devastating label, one would not continue to bring it up on camera.  I don't recall seeing such an exchange or reading any tweets about it.   And yes it matters.  I am sure there are substantial incident where one RH has named called off camera. 

Ramona said she called her that. Carole said she said it. Beth said she said it. Lu at first said she didn't remember, but then agreed that she did say it. Does there have to be film of it? I gotta tell you, I've been pissed about a whole host of things said about me, and none of them have ever been said on camera. Does that negate my right to be offended? But I'm sure you are correct and that lots of these ladies have said things about the others both on and off camera. And they have every right to feel how ever they want to feel about it. 

Sorry, but I hate the whole deal about if something is devastating than the person who is offended is somehow in the wrong if they mention the offending/devastating comment. The theory that if they are really so upset why keep talking about it? That was the entire theory swirling around Kyle in S4, remember? So what if someone had mentioned a cheating husband? By talking about it she just kept reminding people of it. Wouldn't she be better off just pretending like it never happened so no one was reminded? Fuck that, IMO. It was astonishing then, as it continues to be now, that the person who had the horrible thing said about them is somehow in the wrong because they have the nerve to talk about the thing that offended. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Methenny's taking full credit for the ratings spiking.   But if you read the comments here,  reality tea and twitter most the audience is caping hard for LuAnn and Sonja,  not her or  definitely not Carole.   She's full of it.   If her effect was all that last year would had been the start of improved ratings.   She's nothing more then a 99 cent store version of Jill. 

This my first season of RHONY so I have no back history.

I enjoy Luann and Sonja the most.  They're fun.  Dorinda is awesome without John.

This Bethany person is someone I would avoid in real and reality life.  She's selfish and thinks too highly of her self. I don't find her enjoyable to watch. At. All.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Hey.  You're leaving me out.  Remember the really good (and in retrospect, tedious) go rounds you and I used to have in the Below Deck forum about that sloppy heffa, Kate?  After that, I had you on ignore when Beverly Hills started.  But I could still see your posts if someone quoted you and I realized that we saw eye-to-eye about most of them so I took you off my "LIST".  Hahaha.  You're welcome.

By the way, Below Deck is coming back and Kate now identifies as a lesbian.  See you there?

Whaaaaaa?

Holy Moly and I remember butting heads on Below Deck but that's B list Bravo programming when it comes to these boards cause they aren't as active (Shah's too) so my memory is shot on who it was.. LOL! But it does put a little frown on my face when a poster I enjoy has differing opinions on different threads. Makes me sad cause I don't wanna.... :-( but usually I hold back a bit when it's an ally from another thread. That is if I can. But I do try. :-)

I recall us being in agreement in a few other threads tho? The reason I know is that I don't cringe when I see your user name. Hee.

Dorinda, Jules may be many things but she is not "a young mother doing it all on her own."

Ramona, I know you said you like business, but those extensions are SO not the business.

Did they sedate Bethenny prior to Carole's monologue about her inability to commit?  I think that's the longest I've seen her sit silent and listen on any episode of this show ever. 

I just can't quit the Countess. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing. One of the strangest things I think I've seen on these forums. One thing I think (I could be 100% wrong) is that in general lots of us who visit these forums have long memories, and we tend to remember and sometimes hold HW grudges about various things that one or another HW has done over the years. Ok, "grudge" might not be the right word. But someone does or says something we don't like, or behaves in a way we find offensive or repulsive, and in some cases we hold that against them. Some of us for longer than others. As a general rule, many of us are not good at "letting things go" when it comes to these HW's. I absolutely am not good at it, which is why I completely get Carole. 

The thing that I think will be interesting is if Carole does "let it go" at some point, but the audience finds it hard to let go of the fact that Carole couldn't let it go for a while. That would be really funny. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, izabella said:

At least when Sonja gets smashed, she doesn't spit and rant at people for NO reason.  Sonja may need a snatch guard at times, but Dorinda needs a muzzle when she is bombed, which is every event.

If I HAD to choose who to go on vacation with, I'd pick loosey-goosey drunk Sonja AND loud-mouthed angry drunk Dorinda over Bethenny. Any day.  At least I know it takes alcohol to get Sonja and Dorinda really worked up. 

Doesn't take alcohol with Beth.  She'll blow up over a meatball. 

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I don't see this display as any more ridiculous than other displays we have to see. I scratch my head about the fact that in some cases we want real life on our reality show, and in some cases we want them to dance like monkeys for our benefit because we don't like the reality. Well, this is reality. Sometimes people are so hurt and angry that it takes a while for them to move on. In real life it would not be unusual for a person to still have a hard time getting past what happened between Lu and Carole. I wouldn't be able to get over it at this point. I have seen far more ridiculous displays on this and most all of the other shows. 

Okay then if real life for Carole means that she acts like a silly little middle school child then fine. But ummmmm that is ridiculous. Also, it's fine if she's butt hurt but when most people get up and head to work they put their big girl panties on and deal with the work day. She signed a contract knowing it meant that this person that she is oh so traumatized by seeing will be hovering about. Also, Grow Up Carole! It can't be completely overlooked that when all is said and done she's handling it like the biggest adult child that ever decided not to adult and it's just mindnumbingly infuriating. She's Not Doing Anything About It. Wallowing is stupid. Wallowing on camera is stupid. Wallowing with her co workers and hoping they take sides is stupid. It's the behavior that's deplorable not the idea that she still needs time to get past it.

My son was mad that he couldn't get a game he wanted. He displayed his disappointment and it was something that wasn't easily shrugged off. He was mad for a couple of days while he processed his disappointment. Tell you what though. During his PROCESSING of his disappointment he wasn't allowed to take a disrespectful attitude towards me. He wasn't allowed to stomp around the house. He wasn't allowed to snap at me or roll his eyes or pretty much be a little dick just because he was still processing his feelings over the issue. That's what the real problem is Carole is behaving worse than my 8 year old son.

And before it's said, even if it was something bigger than a game like lets say when his father left abruptly... I definitely coddled him a bit but at the same time any outbursts or lashing out was not CONDONED cause that's not an appropriate way to deal with your emotions or your issues and you sure as hell don't slather it all over everyone else's space just so you can have an audience and sympathizers.

Maybe that clarifies a bit of where some of us are coming from when it comes to our Carole. Our over 50 representative of zero fucks who makes it clear she really doesn't feel like she has to adult like the rest of us.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, sekay87 said:

Also need to add--if Carole truly wanted Lu out of her life, she could have quit the show. When she signed up, she knew she'd have to film with Lu at some point and possibly go on a trip with her. So for her to act like this is some egregious thing for her to deal with now and that she can't handle it is comical. It's part of your contract, sweetheart. Play along or leave the show.

Do we know what her contract says?  Unless Carole or Bravo decides to talk (like LVP did after S4, when she said she only returned because she was under contract and had no choice) we don't really know what her contractual obligation was to Bravo. 

• Love 2

Bravo picks up the tab for any of these vacations to even the most luxurious ones so I think it should be in their contract that no matter who they hate, no matter who is feuding with whom that they are all obligated to go whether they like it or not. Refusing would mean removal from the series. I just don't think it's right when someone else is paying the tab for these out of town vacations like the one coming up in Mexico for any of them to lock out any other cast member whether it's by popular vote or not. Damned bitches should be made to tow the line according to the Bravo rules but it seems that Bravo isn't ready to law down some basic rules of engagement for these women yet.

• Love 5

Speaking of which, do we know if Mexico is supposed to be the big foreign location trip this season? Or is it a side trip like London was in S5 (and last season)?

I don't recall seeing ANY international destination in the original trailer for this season, so I'm genuinely curious.

• Love 2

I think Dorinda gets very mean and confrontational when she drinks, but I personally don't think it's the same as Sonja's drinking.  As far as we've seen thus far:  Dorinda doesn't forget to wear her underwear, doesn't attempt to make out with friends while she's sloppy drunk, doesn't pass out in a friend's lap, doesn't require a snatch guard, and manages to find her own way home.  So while Dorinda's personality is negatively affected by alcohol, she seems to still function well enough to stay safe and independent. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

Okay then if real life for Carole means that she acts like a silly little middle school child then fine. But ummmmm that is ridiculous. Also, it's fine if she's butt hurt but when most people get up and head to work they put their big girl panties on and deal with the work day. She signed a contract knowing it meant that this person that she is oh so traumatized by seeing will be hovering about. Also, Grow Up Carole! It can't be completely overlooked that when all is said and done she's handling it like the biggest adult child that ever decided not to adult and it's just mindnumbingly infuriating. She's Not Doing Anything About It. Wallowing is stupid. Wallowing on camera is stupid. Wallowing with her co workers and hoping they take sides is stupid. It's the behavior that's deplorable not the idea that she still needs time to get past it.

My son was mad that he couldn't get a game he wanted. He displayed his disappointment and it was something that wasn't easily shrugged off. He was mad for a couple of days while he processed his disappointment. Tell you what though. During his PROCESSING of his disappointment he wasn't allowed to take a disrespectful attitude towards me. He wasn't allowed to stomp around the house. He wasn't allowed to snap at me or roll his eyes or pretty much be a little dick just because he was still processing his feelings over the issue. That's what the real problem is Carole is behaving worse than my 8 year old son.

And before it's said, even if it was something bigger than a game like lets say when his father left abruptly... I definitely coddled him a bit but at the same time any outbursts or lashing out was not CONDONED cause that's not an appropriate way to deal with your emotions or your issues and you sure as hell don't slather it all over everyone else's space just so you can have an audience and sympathizers.

Maybe that clarifies a bit of where some of us are coming from when it comes to our Carole. Our over 50 representative of zero fucks who makes it clear she really doesn't feel like she has to adult like the rest of us.

I get your point, and agree this is a work space, but I never agree with the theory that this job is like other jobs and the same rules apply. They just don't. For instance, I cannot go into the office and scream that a co-worker is a whore and a fuck doll. I would love it if I could and might offer to work for free, but sadly I would get fired for this. The rules of engagement are entirely different. If Carole is violating her contact, then I agree it needs to be addressed because that would be wrong. I would be surprised to hear that anyone knows what Carole's contract looks like. Maybe Bravo was afraid she would leave when Heather did and they gave her a sweetheart deal? Maybe they said she could avoid Lu at all costs. Maybe none of that happened. If you go back and read these forums over the years, in general we are always complaining about something/someone. There is always something to not like about what is going on. You can't please all of the people all of the time. For me, the fact that Carole doesn't want to interact with Lu isn't making me like the season any less. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Do we know what her contract says?  Unless Carole or Bravo decides to talk (like LVP did after S4, when she said she only returned because she was under contract and had no choice) we don't really know what her contractual obligation was to Bravo. 

Well my obligation to my job is to show up and work. Theres this chick here that I hate with a thousand suns and it had gotten to a point of sit down meeting with various higher ups but guess what I still come to work and do my job. She comes in and does hers. We push through the work day, try our best to stay out of each others way, speak only when we have to collect our checks and move it along. Not an original recipe.

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I get your point, and agree this is a work space, but I never agree with the theory that this job is like other jobs and the same rules apply. They just don't. For instance, I cannot go into the office and scream that a co-worker is a whore and a fuck doll. I would love it if I could and might offer to work for free, but sadly I would get fired for this. The rules of engagement are entirely different. If Carole is violating her contact, then I agree it needs to be addressed because that would be wrong. I would be surprised to hear that anyone knows what Carole's contract looks like. Maybe Bravo was afraid she would leave when Heather did and they gave her a sweetheart deal? Maybe they said she could avoid Lu at all costs. Maybe none of that happened. If you go back and read these forums over the years, in general we are always complaining about something/someone. There is always something to not like about what is going on. You can't please all of the people all of the time. For me, the fact that Carole doesn't want to interact with Lu isn't making me like the season any less. 

True enough, but there's no way, no how that they should be allowed to filibuster together to choose who will be tossed out of the tribe as far as a trip to Mexico or even an overnight to the Berkshires. These women have a right to be included and just because one of the other women have an issue with her, then too damned bad.  Suck it up, do the trip and stay as far out of harms way as possible and if it's not possible to avoid confrontations then it's just going to make Bravo even more money because they'll get more viewers. And about it being 'a job', it most certainly is a job and more than a job it's the opportunity and exposure they're given in addition to their salaries in order to promote their brand of wine, tequila, toaster ovens or line of clothing. That's worth even more than their contracted salaries.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Bravo picks up the tab for any of these vacations to even the most luxurious ones so I think it should be in their contract that no matter who they hate, no matter who is feuding with whom that they are all obligated to go whether they like it or not. Refusing would mean removal from the series. I just don't think it's right when someone else is paying the tab for these out of town vacations like the one coming up in Mexico for any of them to lock out any other cast member whether it's by popular vote or not. Damned bitches should be made to tow the line according to the Bravo rules but it seems that Bravo isn't ready to law down some basic rules of engagement for these women yet.

My guess is that they are towing the Bravo rules. Andy has said several times that they are not forced to go on the vacations (remember how mad he was at Kelly when she said she was forced to go. He very firmly said that she was not telling the truth).  I believe the way he put it was that they put themselves in jeopardy for the next season if they don't go, because they miss out on a lot of camera time. A good portion of the reunion chatter has largely become about the group trips. A gal who doesn't go gets left out of a lot of the discussion which is bad news if you want to be asked back. Hence Lu's concern that she get an invite. My guess is that Lu will go and Carole will stay back home. Good on her for not being quite as thirsty, although it might not be good for her prospects for next season. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

True and understandable but I guess what's grating is that when she does find herself in the unfortunate position of being in Lu's presence she's so damn ridiculous. Honestly, cringe worthy and stupid. No kind of mature resolve or resilience. It's comical and rather pathetic and seems pretty uncomfortable so it's confusing why she's so adament about continuing such an aggressive awkwardness. She's just such a contradiction of what we are supposed to believe is the Carol Radziwill of days of yore.. Journalist, author Extraordinaire!  Can't even get through an evening in a room with someone she's at odds with. It's just so hard to believe.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kathcart said:

Yes, I never really got the whole Dorinda love.  They seem to walk on eggshells for her.  She gets a pass on behavior that would be earth shaking and would demand never-ending apologies if Sonja or LuAnn did the same thing.  I find Dorinda to be a classless, clueless, drunk and I don't find her intelligent or interesting, but I guess to each his/her own.  Just think about it ---- if Tom acted the way John did toward Bethenny, there would be hell to pay!!

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Dorinda gets very mean and confrontational when she drinks, but I personally don't think it's the same as Sonja's drinking.  As far as we've seen thus far:  Dorinda doesn't forget to wear her underwear, doesn't attempt to make out with friends while she's sloppy drunk, doesn't pass out in a friend's lap, doesn't require a snatch guard, and manages to find her own way home.  So while Dorinda's personality is negatively affected by alcohol, she seems to still function well enough to stay safe and independent. 

I guess it all depends on what you want to be around. Would you rather have to babysit your friend (Sonja) or be afraid your friend is going to choke you out if you say the wrong thing (Dorinda)? Personally, I wouldn't want to hang with either of them when I'm drinking. I'll just hang out with Moaner and laugh while she makes an ass out of herself. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

But Carole's comments don't go unnoticed. Dorinda thought enough of it to call Carole out for pretending that she didn't know that Luann would be at the Berkshires. Dorinda also made reference again because Bethenny saying she's not going to Mexico if Carole doesn't go all stemmed from Carole's stipulation. I think Ramona's party is the only party that Carole went to where she fully expected to see Luann there. I will say that I've noticed a trend with the HW franchises - I tend to get more aggravated and opinionated about the HW that I feel spend their entire presence on camera complaining or making it about someone else. They all get bitchy but mix in some fun girl talk, some partying, something a bit thought provoking or promote some real part of your life/interests. I just don't like it when any of the woman come across so consumed where it seems like their relevance to the show is derived from level of conflict with at least one another woman in the group.

I will say that I'm really happy to hear that Carole and Luann have found some sort of resolution. For one, it hopefully means that next season we won't have to hear the exact same complaints (here's hoping that the blogs and reunion don't open fresh wounds and they go backward in their progress). Also, I know how difficult it is when you let the behaviour and words of others affect you. When you give your feelings away to someone else to control, it sucks. I don't think Carole has been honest with herself about how affected she was by it all. She's been acting like someone who is holding a grudge and that is the opposite of moving past. When you truly move past, you take back that power you gave to someone else to control. Carole gave her power to Luann and I wouldn't wish on anyone to ever feel insecure and powerless to the point where they can't trust or feel comfortable in a room with one person they don't like despite the fact that they could be surrounded by 99 other people who are their friends. Carole is the one that benefits the most from resolution because she is the one that will have the greatest peace of mind for it.

The first party she knew Luann would be at was Bethenny's BBQ party, not Dorinda's. She was uneasy that Luann was there but she still went to it. I think she thought Luann would just ignore her as she planned and tried to do to Luann but Nope, Luann was all in her face trying to kiss up. I think Luann realized at the BBQ that Bethenny's/Carole's friendship was real (more that HW friends) and knew she had to try at least a little damage control (the "we both said things" comment) to appease the viewers, who had no idea that Luann kept up the name calling until just before filming began.

As for Dorinda's comment about Luann being there, Yes, she did tell Carole that she invited Luann before the party but that comment was made in a TH, not to Carole herself. LOL

I think Luann and Carole should have talked off camera before filming began but that didn't happen (also I think Luann should have made the first move as she started this shit storm) and we are seeing the result with is frustrating no matter who's side you are on, be it Luann's or Carole's.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

I guess it all depends on what you want to be around. Would you rather have to babysit your friend (Sonja) or be afraid your friend is going to choke you out if you say the wrong thing (Dorinda)? Personally, I wouldn't want to hang with either of them when I'm drinking. I'll just hang out with Moaner and laugh while she makes an ass out of herself. 

I probably would choose to avoid both when drunk, too.  I just think Sonja's drinking is more dire because she passes out and apparently needs a babysitter to ensure she gets home. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Just my $.02 but I disagree that people who "glide in and out of relationship" do it out of insecurity.  I think women who STAY in relationships -- despite being treated poorly or are unhappy for other reasons -- are the insecure ones.  Somebody like Carole is more a commitment-phobe than insecure. Her ex (Russ?) made statements to the media after their breakup that he wanted to marry Carole. So I think when things got too serious for her, she bailed.  If she was really insecure and just didn't want to be single, she'd have married Russ (or... whatever his name is).

----snip---

Agree with both of these statements. NO damn way that Lu "didn't know" about Ramona and Tom dating. Even if you don't like Carole (and are tired of her fight with Lu - which I am too), you should read her blog from last week.  It's a really good character description of Lu and why some of them have such a hard time trusting her.  She has a long history of talking out of both sides of her mouth (or just outright lying).  It's pretty interesting.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/blogs/carole-radziwill/carole-radziwill-the-berkshire

Thank you for that first part.  As someone who honestly doesn't "get" marriage, and thinks most of them are pretty miserable, there are some of us who have chosen a different path.  Still, when you see a really good one, which is pretty rare IMO, you can get little pangs of "what if?"  I don't fault people for wanting marriage, but also would prefer the same courtesy for those who remain single. 

Of course Luann knew.  That's just silly.  Ha.

6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think the mics are that sensitive, plus I am sure they can isolate conversations and make them sound louder during/after editing. If you listen to Jules's, she is speaking in a hushed voice to Dorinda, add in background noises from the restaurant and John speaking directly to Michael, I don't have any problems believing that the guys didn't hear what Jules/Dorinda were saying. Oh, and Michael might be accustomed to tuning Jules out which may have played into him not hearing her as well. LOL

Yeah, they can play around with sound very easily. 

4 hours ago, shoegal said:

A-freaking-men.  LuAnn was a total cow to Carole last season, but she's moved on and it's "over" and Carole should, too!  Ummm, no, that's not the way life works.  It's not 'over' because LuAnn decides she's over it.  Carole tried to politely co-exist with LuAnn by superficial hello's and then steering clear, but LuAnn insists on pushing it. Her first interaction with Carole was loudly proclaiming 'you can't avoid me forever' as Carole walked by....she had plenty of time to reach out to Carole and offer an apology olive branch to smooth things over before the season started, but she didn't, which sets the tone for the interaction we've seen so far.   

That's the thing, and it's the reason why I like this cast so very much.  There is REAL stuff going on here, things have happened that impacted their REAL lives.  Sonja shilling for the Shyster and trying to involve Bethenny's REAL business and get her down into the Shyster's mud so he could get free publicity.  Luann going after Carole's REAL relationship and saying vile things. 

If it was made up shit I'd be as bored as I was with BH.  It's not.  REAL things happened and in REAL life there are consequences.  People watching may have different opinions on who is right and who is wrong, but at least it's not BS.  I love that so much.

4 hours ago, autumnh said:

All I could think of while watching is episode was....the producers KNEW that they had this footage and maybe they knew the proverbial other shoe was about to drop and they got their editors back in and re-edited that episode since really? The timing could not be more perfect or on point.

Oh me too.  The story broke the very next day, right?  Maybe it was simply a phone call from Jules saying "I can't take this anymore, I'm not going to film with that bastard again!" In other words, nothing nefarious like Jules staging things, simply a heads up to Bravo, who then decided to include that scene earlier?

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And because it simply cannot be said enough - at any time and in any language - once someone calls you a Pedophile, all bets are off. Let the diagnosis and name calling proceed at every available opportunity. Do it in Tweets, on billboards, put it in fortune cookies. Go tell it on the mountain if you need to. Whisper it in Lu's ear whenever you have the opportunity. Whisper it in her fake boyfriend's ear. Anything and everything you know, think, believe, or just pull out of your ass if fair game at this point. 

This.  100 times this. 

2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

to me, i think its more realistic that Carole doesnt want to engage with Luann.  Back in the day of the franchise..not all the women went to the gatherings...and that was during season 3 of the show (when the show was at its peak..imho).

I think in order to shake off the scripted vibe..the show needs ro be more realistic.  

Yeah, I agree.  They don't all have to film at every event, and really, that almost never happens anyway.  BFD.  That isn't anyone "freezing someone out" and even if it was, so what?  That's REAL.  Act like an asshole?  I don't want to engage with you. 

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I don't see this display as any more ridiculous than other displays we have to see. I scratch my head about the fact that in some cases we want real life on our reality show, and in some cases we want them to dance like monkeys for our benefit because we don't like the reality. Well, this is reality. Sometimes people are so hurt and angry that it takes a while for them to move on. In real life it would not be unusual for a person to still have a hard time getting past what happened between Lu and Carole. I wouldn't be able to get over it at this point. I have seen far more ridiculous displays on this and most all of the other shows. 

Yes.  Bethenny had no choice about Sonja really.  If she films with her she will give the Shyster cheater brand press.  That will never happen.  Too bad, so sad.  Hope it was worth it to you Sonja.  Luann thinks she can still film with Carole after all the vile things she said?  Well, she's living in UNreality, and Carole's not playing that game. 

1 hour ago, sekay87 said:

So Luann can be a complete asshole in REAL and it's Carole that should lose her job?  What?  It's not part of her contract to film with Luann.  It's not part of Bethenny's to give Sonja and the Shyster publicity either. 

--

BTW, I'm really bothered by the "most people feel this way so you should too" that sometimes happens on message boards.  Can we all please simply speak for ourselves without using the "well all my friends think" argument to prove someone is wrong for having a different opinion?  That's where things get personal and messy. 

What I love about this cast is it's easy to see why people would have different opinions, it's not black and white, there is tons of grey, because they aren't just filming, they do have real life experiences with one another, and we are seeing the complicated interrelations of women with pasts and futures that don't slide easily into box A or box B.  They are all gloriously messy, just as we all are.  It's why it's working for me this season, and honestly, it's such a gift after the "all fake all the time" BH series.  The REAL exists in this NY cast, and they are all earning every penny.

Edited by Umbelina
"ing" isn't "ed"
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, sekay87 said:

I cannot that Beth gave Carole the final say-so in who would get to go to Mexico with the group...like when did Carole become queen of the world? I don't get it. The more Carole is on this show, the more I can't stand her. The first season she was on, I found her quirky and humorous. Now I just see someone who is completely self-obsessed mean girl. Take her fight with Lu--I get why she's mad at her and think she has a right to be, but did Carole ever own the fact that she also took part in social media fights and said mean things about the Countess? If she has, I never heard it come out of her mouth. I don't think she really "owns her stuff" either. I'm glad her and Bethenny are friends, but I don't like B giving her the power to exclude others from trips or outings. Especially since she's being sort of immature about the whole issue she has with Lu. You're in your 50's, Carole. Move on.

Except that Bethenny didn't give Carole any power over anything about who gets invited to Mexico. Bethenny, herself, said that she was going to invite Luann on the trip when she met with Luann. So, Carole wasn't/isn't "Queen of the world", that title still belongs to Bethenny (At least in Bethenny's mind). LOL

Oh, and don't forget, it was Ramona that brought up inviting Luann, not Carole or even Bethenny and Ramona didn't vote for a reason and it wasn't because she wanted Luann to go, she just didn't want to say it on camera IMO.

51 minutes ago, sekay87 said:

Carole signed her contract before Luann did, so maybe she was hoping Bravo/Luann would not come to terms. LOL

25 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Well my obligation to my job is to show up and work. Theres this chick here that I hate with a thousand suns and it had gotten to a point of sit down meeting with various higher ups but guess what I still come to work and do my job. She comes in and does hers. We push through the work day, try our best to stay out of each others way, speak only when we have to collect our checks and move it along. Not an original recipe.

Carole does show up and she does her job. Part of her/their job is to have conflicts/drama.....so both Carole and Luann are fulfilling their contracts. And, Carole did try to avoid Luann as much as possible when they are in the same room/party/event but Luann refused to allow it. Soooooo, you are more like Carole than you may think when it comes down to doing your job with a co-worker you dislike. LOL

• Love 9

I have yet to figure out why manners and etiquette (no moral questions) are such a bad thing to have.  Having re-watched Season 1 recently, Luann was the only one who did not misbehave.  That is when the Countess thing got whipped up, Andy was the one posing questions about what would a countess do.  Jill stormed out of a fashion show, Ramona walking out on a dinner fought with her husband in public and arrived an hour late for a formal dinner,  Bethenny picking a pair of chopsticks and threatening to poke Jill's fucking eyes out, Alex and Simon not maintaining control of their misbehaved children and continue to socialize while their kids screamed and disturbed other guests.  This are pretty clear cut examples of rudimentary manners and etiquette.  It was not as if Luann was calling someone out for sending an e-mail thank you instead of a handwritten note.  The rest of the cast had some pretty low brow moments and their collective bitch with Luann was she wanted the driver to address her as Mrs., and she didn't shake his hand.   

I hate to say it, because at the time it seemed like Bethenny was struggling, but Luann was correct, when you invite someone out it is generally presumed they will pay for the event.  It was not as if Bethenny invited Luann to her home for the weekend and Luann fudged on paying for an event.  Luann was consistent, when she was working with the co-author and asked how she felt about going Dutch, her answer was, she would say, "are you asking me for money?"

• Love 6
On June 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM, zoeysmom said:

Not being a professional chef like Adam, I had to question when they put the cake pan in the oven and left several empty baking pans.  Yuck on a guy cooking with a tank top on. Wear something with sleeves. 

Several empty baking pans?  I didn't notice, but so what?  He's cooking for himself, why does he need to wear sleeves?  Your post puzzles me.

Re: Jules marriage, all I can say is WOW, that was fast!  So many were commenting on here on previous epis how nice they were together, such a sweet couple, etc. etc.,.  Now, not so much.  Yeah, somebody said it earlier, but they need to rename this show, The Ex-Wives of NY.  

I thought the episode where Bethenny wrote off Sonja and Ramona had the fight with John was the best ever, but  I think this may top that one.  What with Luann telling Sonja about Tom, ever so nonchalantly, not caring about Sonja's feelings, then Ramona telling Lu about some girlfriend, life love, of Tom.  That was also so hard hearted, to do on camera, while Lu is getting her hair done!  Jeesh, Ramona, couldn't you wait until her hair was done and told her in confidence, so if she wanted to breakdown, she could do it in private!  Then, the meeting between Lu and Bethenny at the restaurant (?).  Luann seemed to be on something, she was so aggressive and careless about what she was saying and what Beth was saying.  She was just going to have it her way in this dialogue no matter if Bethenny is bleeding to death or what!  She offers Beth to have another glass of wine, but then has to leave real fast.  I hope this guy isn't doing a number on Lu, because I'm sensing a real crash waiting for her and I think she is becoming unhinged.  Weird.  Oh, then the dinner between Dorinda and Jules and their SOs.  Dorinda started off so compassionate and comforting, then, I guess after a few drinks, she was on another planet!  The arms and hands are going everywhere, she's talking miles a minute and poor Jules was like, Lord Help me!  I'm trapped with a crazy person.  I was cracking up!  This was a good episode!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Do we have a past seasons thread?

Yes, we do and in the past three episodes Bethenny has gone off the rails over Luann writing an etiquette book, and I believe there was a scene this week where it appeared Luann left Bethenny with the check, a re-run of Season 2, I believe.  It is not as if I am talking about RHOBH here.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

Several empty baking pans?  I didn't notice, but so what?  He's cooking for himself, why does he need to wear sleeves?  Your post puzzles me.

Re: Jules marriage, all I can say is WOW, that was fast!  So many were commenting on here on previous epis how nice they were together, such a sweet couple, etc. etc.,.  Now, not so much.  Yeah, somebody said it earlier, but they need to rename this show, The Ex-Wives of NY.  

I thought the episode where Bethenny wrote off Sonja and Ramona had the fight with John was the best ever, but  I think this may top that one.  What with Luann telling Sonja about Tom, ever so nonchalantly, not caring about Sonja's feelings, then Ramona telling Lu about some girlfriend, life love, of Tom.  That was also so hard hearted, to do on camera, while Lu is getting her hair done!  Jeesh, Ramona, couldn't you wait until her hair was done and told her in confidence, so if she wanted to breakdown, she could do it in private!  Then, the meeting between Lu and Bethenny at the restaurant (?).  Luann seemed to be on something, she was so aggressive and careless about what she was saying and what Beth was saying.  She was just going to have it her way in this dialogue no matter if Bethenny is bleeding to death or what!  She offers Beth to have another glass of wine, but then has to leave real fast.  I hope this guy isn't doing a number on Lu, because I'm sensing a real crash waiting for her and I think she is becoming unhinged.  Weird.  Oh, then the dinner between Dorinda and Jules and their SOs.  Dorinda started off so compassionate and comforting, then, I guess after a few drinks, she was on another planet!  The arms and hands are going everywhere, she's talking miles a minute and poor Jules was like, Lord Help me!  I'm trapped with a crazy person.  I was cracking up!  This was a good episode!

So true!

So much is happening and I'm having so much fun with this cast this season.

The only weird clanky noise was Luann, and whether any of it was real with this Tom guy, but since they are still together that was apparently real too.  Sonja's face while Luann was raving about being in love, and acting about 13 years old was priceless!  That's Sonja at her very best, and why I'm so glad she's still on the show.  Her face said it all.  Ramona's did too, but not nearly so well.  Bethenny looked distracted and stunned, and somewhat impressed by Luann driving for that goal line, going to Mexico.

I agree, Luann really seemed on something with Bethenny, but even that worked for me.  She ruled that conversation, even if she was manic, and Bethenny wasn't at full speed because of her health.  A thing of beauty! 

The only thing that isn't really working for me with this cast is Dorinda, not that she isn't delivering, because she certainly is.  It's just a personal thing with me about that particular kind of drunk.  You never know when she can get scary-mean, and she always seems drunk to me.  I'll take any of the other wives "drunk" behavior over hers.  That's just me though, a button pushing thing.

I still wonder what's really going on with Sonja.  I totally get Bethenny's actions, it's business.  Ramona's though?  Dorinda's?  Even Luann seems to agree with them.  I don't buy it's "sucking up to Bethenny."  It doesn't ring true for me.  So what the hell has Sonja been doing?  I hope we find out.  I'm still pulling for little Evie.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was thinking about the Tom situation, and my gut says that -- as with most things! -- the truth probably lies somewhere between what he's telling LuAnn and what Ramona and Sonja are telling the cameras. 

IE: he says they went on a couple of dates but weren't "dating"; she says they went on 7 and were. The reality is probably that they went on 5 dates, and he got some over the blouse action. 

With Sonja, it's probably a handful of hookups over the course of ten years rather than a single one night stand or an actual relationship. But, whether it's that or something more than that, I hope* she has receipts and is prepared to show them. You don't have an on and off thing or a steady fuck buddy situation with someone for a decade and not have at least one "hey, U up?" text from 2 on a Saturday morning in  your phone somewhere. 

*GOD, I hope she has receipts, and is holding onto them to show on the reunion, or at the final party when the whole cast and tom are there, or something absolutely bananas. Not because I'm on her "team" or prefer her to Lu or anything, but because it would create an absolutely, spectacularly, GOLD level crazy scene. 

Edited by abbottrabbit
finished thought
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I still wonder what's really going on with Sonja.  I totally get Bethenny's actions, it's business.  Ramona's though?  Dorinda's?  Even Luann seems to agree with them.  I don't buy it's "sucking up to Bethenny."  It doesn't ring true for me.  So what the hell has Sonja been doing?  I hope we find out.  I'm still pulling for little Evie.

Dorinda said as plain as day, had she invited Sonja to her sleepover, not everyone else would come and the only one that said they wouldn't come if Sonja were coming was Bethenny. So, YES, Dorinda is kissing up to Bethenny/picking Bethenny over Sonja and Dorinda was the first to vote No Sonja on the Mexico trip after Bethenny said she didn't want Sonja to go. So, you had Bethenny saying No Sonja to all of them and then asking for their "vote", Dorninda said "No Sonja", Jules said "Whatever", Carole said "No Sonja" and Ramona said "  " (nothing).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I kind of hope it's real between Luann and Tom, both players who finally settled down seems like it could work.  It could also work as two mature people who prefer an open relationship to traditional expectations about fidelity sexually.  My red flags for it are that Luann needed a storyline, and that this guy has been hanging around the RH since season one, and I hope he's not in it for the fame.  In other words, is this a more of a business deal with benefits?  I can't tell.

Most of all I hope this doesn't throw Luann back into her countess personality of being a know it all, because I really enjoy the free and easy Luann.

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda said as plain as day, had she invited Sonja to her sleepover, not everyone else would come and the only one that said they wouldn't come if Sonja were coming was Bethenny. So, YES, Dorinda is kissing up to Bethenny/picking Bethenny over Sonja and Dorinda was the first to vote No Sonja on the Mexico trip after Bethenny said she didn't want Sonja to go.

Yes, absolutely!  But if anyone has job security it's Ramona, so I do wonder if more was happening this year.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I kind of hope it's real between Luann and Tom, both players who finally settled down seems like it could work.  It could also work as two mature people who prefer an open relationship to traditional expectations about fidelity sexually.  My red flags for it are that Luann needed a storyline, and that this guy has been hanging around the RH since season one, and I hope he's not in it for the fame.  In other words, is this a more of a business deal with benefits?  I can't tell.

Most of all I hope this doesn't throw Luann back into her countess personality of being a know it all, because I really enjoy the free and easy Luann.

Yes, absolutely!  But if anyone has job security it's Ramona, so I do wonder if more was happening this year.

I think Ramona told Bethenny about TG well before filming began, that she was asked, and Bethenny reamed her out about it so she backed out of TG. Then she told Bethenny that Sonja took the TG gig and saw Bethenny's reaction to that and knew even her job would be on the line if she didn't align with Bethenny against Sonja. IMO, no one is safe, job wise, if they go against Bethenny hard, no one, not even Carole.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Except that Bethenny didn't give Carole any power over anything about who gets invited to Mexico. Bethenny, herself, said that she was going to invite Luann on the trip when she met with Luann. So, Carole wasn't/isn't "Queen of the world", that title still belongs to Bethenny (At least in Bethenny's mind). LOL

Oh, and don't forget, it was Ramona that brought up inviting Luann, not Carole or even Bethenny and Ramona didn't vote for a reason and it wasn't because she wanted Luann to go, she just didn't want to say it on camera IMO.

Carole signed her contract before Luann did, so maybe she was hoping Bravo/Luann would not come to terms. LOL

Carole does show up and she does her job. Part of her/their job is to have conflicts/drama.....so both Carole and Luann are fulfilling their contracts. And, Carole did try to avoid Luann as much as possible when they are in the same room/party/event but Luann refused to allow it. Soooooo, you are more like Carole than you may think when it comes down to doing your job with a co-worker you dislike. LOL

Hasn't it been said by Andy on one more than one occasion the producers won't fire a RH because another RH wants them gone?  The decision regarding not renewing a contract, is based on things such as lack of a storyline, audience feedback, I believe that is what happened with Kristen and her husband's reluctance to film with her after their inaugural season, Cindy Barshop and her inability to get along with anybody, Jennifer Gilbert because she was too sedate and lastly if it would be believable if a cast member remained in face of outrageous behavior and off screen demands (Aviva). 

I think Bravo would have pretty much moved heaven and earth to get the three holdouts back to work.  Carole knows you can't kill off over half the cast and expect a result different than what happened when she and Heather first joined.  If you listen to Bethenny it was all about bringing her back. LOL

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

If Tom has been hanging around since Season 1, why is nobody seems to recall meeting him-except Sonja?  Dorinda met him at a party, Ramona met him over the summer-she sure didn't claim in real time she remembered him from Season1, Luann had not met him, Carole didn't know him and Bethenny didn't know him.  Sonja saying she has known him for 10 years-it would seem if he were truly hunting RH for eight years he dropped the ball for the first seven years.  I just don't see Luann getting engaged and making wedding plans as for the storyline.  She got demoted once for breaking up with a boyfriend and the timing being all wrong for show purposes (according to former RH Alex McCord). 

I do not think Luann and Tom are entering into an open relationship.  I think the are going to be pretty traditional.  Of course Luann will be called a hypocrite for not having an open marriage because Ramona claims she did.

I don't think there is a Countess Know It All personality, I think Luann has been pretty free with advice and commentary throughout her eight seasons, I think it is just a Luann Nadeau personality trait. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

The first party she knew Luann would be at was Bethenny's BBQ party, not Dorinda's. She was uneasy that Luann was there but she still went to it. I think she thought Luann would just ignore her as she planned and tried to do to Luann but Nope, Luann was all in her face trying to kiss up. I think Luann realized at the BBQ that Bethenny's/Carole's friendship was real (more that HW friends) and knew she had to try at least a little damage control (the "we both said things" comment) to appease the viewers, who had no idea that Luann kept up the name calling until just before filming began.

As for Dorinda's comment about Luann being there, Yes, she did tell Carole that she invited Luann before the party but that comment was made in a TH, not to Carole herself. LOL

I think Luann and Carole should have talked off camera before filming began but that didn't happen (also I think Luann should have made the first move as she started this shit storm) and we are seeing the result with is frustrating no matter who's side you are on, be it Luann's or Carole's.

I didn't really count Bethenny's because no official invitation was given to Luann. Both Bethenny and Carole were hearing through the grapevine that Luann was talking about the party as if she were actually invited. It was such an early season event that as a viewer, I wasn't sure if Luann was audacious enough to actually show up to an event she wasn't invited to! I was actually thinking it possible that she was trying to save face around town by pretending that she was invited (but it was Sonja that ended up playing that card). The Berkshires was an undisputed fact that Luann would be there.

Whether it was addressed to Carole's face or not, the point was that Dorinda gave her side eye for pulling a stunt of feigning ignorance about Luann's presence at Dorinda's home that weekend. 

They should have definitely spoken before the season began filming - not so much because it would have spared us this repetitive drama (though it would have been MUCH appreciated) but because both women have described their budding friendship as something real and either side should have made the effort to reach out to at least have a conversation, even if that conversation ended up in determining that they were better off acquaintances rather than friends.

While it would be the nice and generally expected things for the offending party to reach out to the injured party for a resolution, Luann low key also felt like an injured party as well and I think Luann often can get wrapped up in her own feelings that she doesn't really consider how the situation can be perceived outside of her own viewpoint. That said, I know it would have been the right thing for Luann to reach out because she's the one that took it that level first but it always goes back to the fact that these are adult women that we're talking about. I know how we deal with conflict is largely dependent on our personalities but I'm used to friendships where there is no ego when it comes to addressing problems because I have friendships that I value and consider worth extending the line of communication, whether I feel like I'm the wrong doer that owes the apology or even when I feel I'm the wronged party and I want my friend to know that they've hurt my feelings or that I didn't like something they did or said. I just know that there are more mature ways of handling this than the way Luann and Carole have been dealing. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

People seem to be forgetting that these women are NOT ride or die friends like that. I don't even think that they even consider their friendships close enough to warrant such an in depth vetting process over men. There are a couple of closer acquaintances than others on this show like Lu and Sonja get a long fine. Ramona and ..... whatever.... Beth and Carole but N/A right about now. Dorinda and Ramona which seems to be rocky and on the way down if they continue doing the show but regardless of the semi believable "friendships" on this show Ramona and Lu are not and have never been besties so this debate about Toms possible handful of dates with Ramona which I seriously side eye is completely foreign to me.

First off, I believe that whole idea is mainly when there's a serious relationship involved and my friend is actually my friend. The only way that a woman who went on a couple of dates and "tested" (past tense) the waters with someone I'm interested in dating would matter to me would be if that person was a serious friend of mine that I am close to. Not some co-worker, frenemy, or fair weather friend. Sorry. It's downright ridiculous to apply this whole friendship rule about dating the same dude to these women who know each other work together and barely tolerate each other while the cameras are rolling. Off season, I'm sure they are friendly and go through social motions and send card and gift baskets if someone is sick but I DO NOT see Lu and Ramona having sleep overs doing each others nails and being each others rock.

Unless we are suggesting any man that has ever went on a date with any woman you've interacted with more than a handful of times for this reason or that is off limits then.... Yeah, no..

Not to mention that I am totally not convinced that Ramona isn't amping up the details surrounding all of this just to do what she usually does and thats be a bitch just cause.

As for Sonja, she's no innocent also. Sonja doesn't like being shown up when it comes to her thing which is being the desirable over 50 siren she's wrapped her whole being in. So I'm not so quick to believe her account of what her relationship with Tom entailed or the timing. Remember how she tried to convince everyone and herself that her and Harry were going to move forward as an official couple??? That's was seriously delusional.

If I remember correctly, didn't that whole thing between Sonja and Harry blew up because he supposedly left one of the cast parties with Luann?  

Seems like Sonja and Luann have been "dating" the same guys for a while now.  

• Love 6
On June 16, 2016 at 6:33 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

During the scene with Adam Carole said another word, either bitten or smitten (I can't remember which), and it was 'bi-en.'

Sorry if it's already been addressed, as I'm only on page 3 of the forum, but is Carol's pronunciation of kitten really odd?  Having been born and raised in New England myself (now a West Coaster), it seems correct to me to say ki'en, bi'en, Manhat'en, etc.. Actually, almost all words with two Ts together, the T's are kinda silent.  I don't even think non Northeasterners pronounce the 2 Ts.  I'll have to pay closer attention.  In any case, it's not a matter of Carole not being able to annunciate, as implied, it's most likely a regional thing.  

Cot'en

Rot'en

• Love 9
(edited)
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If Tom has been hanging around since Season 1, why is nobody seems to recall meeting him-except Sonja?  Dorinda met him at a party, Ramona met him over the summer-she sure didn't claim in real time she remembered him from Season1, Luann had not met him, Carole didn't know him and Bethenny didn't know him.  Sonja saying she has known him for 10 years-it would seem if he were truly hunting RH for eight years he dropped the ball for the first seven years.  I just don't see Luann getting engaged and making wedding plans as for the storyline.  She got demoted once for breaking up with a boyfriend and the timing being all wrong for show purposes (according to former RH Alex McCord). 

I do not think Luann and Tom are entering into an open relationship.  I think the are going to be pretty traditional.  Of course Luann will be called a hypocrite for not having an open marriage because Ramona claims she did.

I don't think there is a Countess Know It All personality, I think Luann has been pretty free with advice and commentary throughout her eight seasons, I think it is just a Luann Nadeau personality trait. 

I agree - I'm surprised to hear Tom referred to as a "famewhore", or just wanting to be on TV because there was a quick glimpse of him in Season 1, he's had a few recent dates with Ramona, and he has supposedly hooked up with Sonja for the last ten years (which I don't believe for a minute).  If he was so desperate to be on TV, he would have been sniffing around any available housewife, and offering himself up to escort them or date them while the show was filming, and we would have seen as much of him as we did Harry Dubin (blech!!!).

I hope that this will work out for both Luann and Tom.  He seemed likeable the ONE time we have seen him thus far, and he did seem quite taken with Luann.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6
On 6/15/2016 at 10:43 PM, WireWrap said:

I hope Luann and Tom get married, happily, long term, married just to piss Ramona off! LOL

According to a Daily Mail article from March 2016, Luann and Tom have booked their wedding date, it's New Year's Eve. Luann's ex-husband Alexandre even offered to give the bride away, but he'll settle for being a guest since her brother will be giving Luann away. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3488228/LuAnn-Lesseps-ex-husband-Alexandre-wanted-away-upcoming-wedding-emerges-guest-ceremony.html

For supposedly being great friends with Jules and Michael, Dorinda and John seemed to be pretty clueless about his extramarital philandering, although sleazy John may have been in on Michael's little secrets. I was a little annoyed by Dorinda's condescending attitude towards Jules when they were out to dinner together. It was very obvious that Jules was upset about Michael. "You need to take a deep breath. This too shall pass".  That's it Dorinda? Is that the depth of your empathy for Jules distress not to mention just blowing off the stressful fact that Jules showed her the area of alopecia areata on her scalp. Again, no big deal to Dorinda. All she said about the hair loss was "okay, now stop it".  And all John could say to Jules is "be nice, be nice". About Jules and Michael....I have thought about this couple a lot because on the surface they have seemed to be okay with each other. Except, Jules can't make coffee, doesn't cook. doesn't really care for her children and hires a nanny for that. So, what was the attraction? Instinct tells me money and sex were the two motivators in their relationship. I can't help but go back to the night they had dinner with Luann, Tom, Dorinda, John and a couple of others. I swear that Jules was wearing a silver 'pearl necklace' by designer Leah Piepgras. I had to look at that scene a half dozen times before I came to that conclusion. No rich wife wear a cheap silver necklace unless it has some personal significance. (According to the jewelry designer's website this Necklace "Is an Accurate Representation of Semen"... meaning male ejaculate). Then Jules mentioned that she doesn't like the word 'moist' and consider that word as horrible for a woman to hear as the word 'grundle' which I had to google. (The most humorous definition comes from the Urban Dictionary. " The prime piece of real estate located conveniently between Scrotumburg and Anusville). Bottom line is that I see a could whose marital life has been built on a foundation of sex, money and who knows what else. I'm sure there was affection and 'love' in the beginning until Michael got bored and started cheating on her with others.

Last thing is something others have commented on regarding Adam and Carole. I have to say that I think it's great for Carole to have found a nice young guy to play with. He's not what my personal taste is but for her, fine and go girl. But, his nasty, stringy hair drives me crazy, I'd have the impulse to brush it all the time. His man-bun is so millennial. No self respecting male over the age of 35 would ever wear a man bun. He reminds me of a what would come out of a genetic mix of Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam and the lead singer of Alice in Chains. total grunge look. AND yes, he did put a cake in the oven to bake without removing a 8-muffin baking pan and two (2) sheet pans on the lower rack which would easily interfere with the temperature and baking time of his cake. SO THERE!  lol lol lol !

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I have never seen the fourth wall so close to crumbling as I did in this episode.  The ladies begging Sonja to make up with Bethenny for the sake "of the girls" was the huge theme.  I generally like Beth, but watching her be so mean to Sonja by cutting her out of things, makes me so angry.  Unlike Beth, Sonja needs the money and I don't think Sonja has done anything to deserve this treatment.  She must be feeling very isolated.  I just don't like people ganging up on one person.  I would rather they go to Mexico and leave Beth and Carole behind.  Ramona has been an outright bitch to Sonja, for no reason, and I hope Sonja airs all of Ramona's dirty laundry.  Dorinda is being a fake bitch as well.

What they're doing to Sonja is awful, especially since she is generally harmless.  By that I mean she never really instigates any of the discord, I think she just likes to party and have fun.  I hope she rips Ramona a new one at the reunion but I don't think it will happen because I just don't think that's her style. And we can forget about anyone going after Carole or bethenny because Andy will shut that down pretty quickly.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

This. 

What I wanna know is, between Carole and Lu, who started it?  I mean, way back when Carole first came on board, who flung the first coffee cup of dog poo?  I don't remember much about when they were in London, was it then?  In my head, the first time I saw an 'attack', it was Carole talking about how she heard male voices and one of them was Lu's.  Maybe that's why Lu went in on her for Adam.  She was still mad about that?  Where did this all begin?

Not an "attack", but wasn't it in London when Carole took offense at Lu dropping names?  If one doesn't like Lu, that could have been seen as Countess Lu being jealous, and competing with a Princess.  "We run in the same circles."   If one likes Lu, it could have been seen as Lu's attempt to make a personal connection, find some common ground, get acquainted.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

If I remember correctly, didn't that whole thing between Sonja and Harry blew up because he supposedly left one of the cast parties with Luann?  

Seems like Sonja and Luann have been "dating" the same guys for a while now.  

Luann and Harry were part of a larger group.  Sonja mischaracterized the situation.  Quite honestly I think the whole Harry thing was just made up.

• Love 3

I think that Befenny has hit the "Did you say something?" plateau with the ladies?

I think they are slowly tuning her out because of the outrageous shit that comes out of her mouth. I swear, I have friends who were the coarsest, crudest, filthiest loudmouths on the planet, but even THEY knew when to reel it in and knew how to behave themselves in public. Meth 'announcing' her female problems - in such a detailed way - was over the top and TMI. A simple, "I'm not feeling well" would have been good enough to get Luann to ask and they could go from there?

Instead, we get a blow-by-blow description of her 'bleeding all over" the place. Bodily functions are a part of life, but there is a reason that they use the wording - private parts - for the general area and the functions they perform. BF is merely a bunch of filthy one-liners and coarse observations, living inside a fucked-up shell of a person.

• Love 13