Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E28: Recap: Live Final Performances / S10.E29: Live Finale, Part 2

• Start Topic

hurray! Finally a female coach wins, Alisan was a strong contender right from the blind auditions, so I'm glad she made it  unscathed along the way.Christina would have been crazy to have let her go anywhere in the battles, but I think she knew she had a winner from the get go. 
Really liked their reactions when Alisan's name was said and they were screaming at each other when Christina and her hugged.

Not amazing but an entertaining enough finale for the most part.

Really liked Alisan’s Bring back group. Straight On was pretty damn good.Loved when Ryan hit that high note, that was crazy. I forget that Cee-Lo was on this show, what seemed ages ago. Didn't miss his moo moo outfitsI enjoyed his duet with Hannah.

That segment with Christina was hysterical. Seeing Adam with Laith’s beard and glasses had me cracking up… also  Blake and Adam in propeller beanies., Pharrell as a professor… :) etc.

• Love 9

I was hoping for at least one surprise, but, it was all so predictable. Still, I think Alisan makes a great reality show winner and I'm actually glad Adam came in second. Not sour grapes; just I really don't think he wanted it. 

• Love 8

Pretty sure Adam wanted it.  While I was waiting for tonight's show to start, I watched some of the "red carpet" interviews that the contestants do after the performance show.  Last night, Adam talked about how he had a deliberate strategy (starting off understated and building up over the night to his final performance).  

Here's one of them: 

• Love 3
(edited)

I read articles where Adam said he was questioning it in interviews, but, they may have been unreliable.

This interview actually confirms my hypothesis as it was the interviewer pushing strategy. Adam has said he misses Nashville and doesn't want to be away from home, on social media all the time and in hotel rooms.

He is true to himself and the music. I love that and it definitely came through.

Also, as has been said of so many second placers, I actually do believe he'll be able to do the music he wants.

Edited by InfiniteMystery
  • Love 5
(edited)

Nah, it's pretty clear (to me) in that interview that Adam wanted to win.  The strategy answer was well-thought out and well, based on his other answers, he was expecting to fly to New York to do winner interviews.  

Anyway, none of this matters.  Craig Wayne Boyd, another older country male, won just a few seasons ago and that amounted to nothing.  The record contract prize doesn't really mean much.  

Edited by Noreaster
  • Love 4

I'm bummed Adam came in 2nd.  Based on last night, and his lack of personality in stage and in covers, not to mention his enunciation issues, I felt he deserved 4th.

As much as I hated Hannah's original song, I think she would've been the best winner for a plug-and-play reality contract.

Nice that all four got cars.

Loved Pharrell's story time. But he should've ended with 'And I'm Happy' The End.

Why the F was Ryan not in the top 12 over the likes Daniel or Nick.  Their quad showed how messed up America was for voting Nick!

JOE FREAKING WALSH!

So is Blake's song about Gwen or Miranda?  I could see either being the inspiration.

Hannah paired well with CeLo.  Actually all four paired nicely with the pros.

Missed Owen.  Nice of Laith to give Shalyah more air time.  They all did great with 'Midnight Train'.

And because it can't be said enough...

JOE FREAKING WALSH!

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm in the camp that is happy with the Alisan/Christina victory.

Call me naive, but I buy into to idea that voting is real and none of it is fudged (manipulation of song-choice, etc. to influence voting is another story).  I also don't think the judges know who wins and I don't think they padded this in Christina's favor.  If they wanted a female coach to win, they would have done something crooked long ago.

I also buy into the idea that Alisan and Christina did bond and that Alisan was as excited for Christina as she was for herself.  They seem very simpatico.

I loved the bring-back performances.  All my fav's were represented.  I loved Alisan's bring-back picks the best though.  They'd make a great foursome! Super eclectic! 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

Holy shit. Finally the mediocre country artist doesn't win over more deserving contestants. I wish Adam had finished in 4th, but at least he didn't win.

Allisan was the best of Bunch left so I am happy for her win and Christina gets to go out on a happy note (I believe this is her last season of doing The Voice).

• Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, pivot said:

Holy shit. Finally the mediocre country artist doesn't win over more deserving contestants. I wish Adam had finished in 4th, but at least he didn't win.

Allisan was the best of Bunch left so I am happy for her win and Christina gets to go out on a happy note (I believe this is her last season of doing The Voice).

Too bad she doesn't get to gloat/talk  about her win  next season,because you just know she would!  So it's her last season ever? Not coming back at all?

Edited by Valny
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think anyone who enters this contest does it with the hope of winning.   And even if it isn't their absolute dream it would be churlish to show you didn't really care deeply about it in interviews.    The person I thought seemed the most interested in winning this was Laith.  He projected a certain intensity, to me at least, certainly more than Adam who has probably gotten exactly what he needed here, some exposure, getting to know Blake, etc.  

I would have liked to see Hannah win because I think she is very talented and is someone who hasn't spent her life trying to pursue music as a career, at least until now, so that would have been interesting, to see whether or not she could make a go of it with that extra push.  Which maybe she'll get that anyway.  

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 5

I won't lie, Adam was the only contestant I kind of liked this year. But I'm so happy Alisan won because a female coach finally won--and Christina at that (after Chris Mann or India/Kimberly deserved to win)--and a female contestant finally won again, too. Glad to see the show hasn't completely gone off the rails.

I hope this isn't Christina's last season? If so, it's probably my last, too, because Usher doesn't look to be coming back either and I don't care about Miley/Alicia or the other coaches. Maybe she has no interest now she's finally won though.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, jjjmoss said:

Well, I'm surprised. The producers got what they've wanted since the auditions.

I am surprised too. I've been saying for a while that Alisan had a ton going against her, producer favorite (deservedly so, admittedly) or not.

1.) hatred of Christina. Fans love to buy her records. As a person/personality? People don't like her that much, and I expected that to torpedo Alisan.
2.) she's not country, nor working for the "country coach". Perhaps this is Blake's divorce and his sicky-sweet relationship with Gwen backfiring...
3.) at least on boards like this, and also on Twitter, there's a ton of auto-hate for early favorites. Whether or not that manifests in the real voting public is not always clear.
4.) while women have won this before, they've been either country, diva-singing-types, or at the very least young sexy things. A mid-30s white mom (albeit one who's a former actress) winning is a new one.

So yeah, I expected her to lose.

Heck, even near the end there they stuck her up on stage next to JENNIFER NETTLES. A country star (and one with such a unique voice it was likely to invite negative comparisons to Alisan's voice--who's voice is less unique).  It totally confused me why they'd pick that final pairing. Geez. Did Blake book the guest singers (the other one being Alison Krauss... another country star)?

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Kromm said:

By the way, 0:49 seconds into this video... you can see that Blake is rolling his eyes. Guess he's actually not happy with this...

Heh! Blake's reaction is what made me think that they gave the win to Christina!

I personally have never been able to fully invest in The Voice as the only people whose careers that have been truly jumpstarted by the show are the judges! Not to mention all of the, in my opinion, ringers that they bring through the show as if they are little lambs in the wind.

But, at least Christina won with a credible singer. I still don't expect much from Alisan, but this albatross of the female coach winning has finally been lifted. The mere emphasis of it all really overshadows the contestants and next year they can get back to being a full time infomercial for the coaches.

I do want to apologize to Adam, though. Last night, I complained about not hearing the one line that I wanted to hear in his song. Normally, with these shows, I will do something else along with watching and place the onus of my interest on the singer. If they choose a song I am interested in or start singing whatever song in a way that grabs my attention, I key in on them.

Tonight, regardless of my usual rule, I decided to concentrate on Adam's original song. Lo and behold, the "looking into the sun" line was the first one! Ha! What happened last night? Anyway, the parts that I could continue to decipher made for a really nice song. Since it really doesn't seem like he's interested in being a star, hopefully this will position him as a highly sought after songwriter.

• Love 3

Random thoughts:

Carson with the gals of season 10 - who dresses these women? So much black and white tonight. I  get coordinating the contestants, but over the season it was getting a bit ridiculous. 

I am not hip to the musics of today - re: Hannah’s new song last night and Little Big Town tonight - are all of Pharrell’s songs that repetitive and redundant?

Christina must spend more time on hair and makeup in a day than I do in a month.

In the 80s, the hubs grew up across the street of the family of Don Henley’s then girlfriend, and got to meet Don and Joe Walsh, and even have Don Henley school him in guitar.

As a former children’s librarian, I was both amused and appalled by Pharrell’s story time.

So I don’t know all the BTS details of the show - how long do the contestants live together? Did they live together on AI? I vaguely recall them filming in the group house, or whatever it was, during AI’s first season. If they did have the contestants together, I would have enjoyed some BTS of them talking and working together. Might have made me feel more connected to them, which I very much was not this season. 

The bottom of Alisan’s dress during her performance looked like a jellyfish’s tentacles flowing in the ocean current, but not in a good way.

Adam’s group song was pretty weak, while Hannah’s group did ok by Adele. 

They just flashed to the final 4 waiting in the wings - those dresses the ladies are wearing are awful!

I did not understand half of the words coming out of Ariana Grande’s mouth. Although she does have a good voice, and is an incredible mimic. If you have not seen her imitating the vocal stylings of Christina and Britney on the Tonight Show, do check it out. 

My hubs tolerates watching this with me for 3 reasons: 1. mocking; 2. Laith’s guitar licks; 3. Christina’s boobs. He was actually looking forward to the Christina/Ariana duet, but when I rewound it for him, his comment? Make it stop. 

Christina leaping in joy for Alisan:  Me: Don’t jump too much!  Hubs: Please jump a lot! balloons everywhere!

• Love 5

I truly didn't know how much I actually cared about the outcome until Alisan's name was announced as the winner. Meh. I won't deny she can sing, but like most The Voice winners chances are we the viewers probably won't hear from her again until next season's finals. I guess I was team anybody but Alisan. I still wish her luck though. Now that this show finally "got" their female coach winner, I really hope we never have to have Christina back in the coaches' chair. I was actually a fan until she started doing this show. Yes I was well aware of her reputation as a diva before this show. I know many may not like her, but I wish we could get Jessie J to become one of the coaches here in the US. 

The only group performances I enjoyed were Hannah's and Laith's. I gladly would have chosen either Brian/Bryan to replace Alisan and that was the first version of Georgia On My Mind that I've enjoyed since Casey Abrams performed it during one of the Hollywood (?) rounds on AI. I too question why Jennifer Nettles was stuck performing with Alisan. It only showed how inferior her voice was. To be fair, a lot of singers voices would sound inferior to Jennifer's. I literally laughed out loud when the camera panned to Blake's face to show his reaction after the winner's announcement. Even he wasn't buying it. Good for you Blake. I knew immediately (well not exactly lol) that Alisan was the winner when Carson made the statement or was it an inquiry about Christina being the first female coach to win The Voice at the top of the show and again later during the program. Way to be subtle show. 

• Love 4

Who cares about Blake's opinion. The two worst winners of this show were from his team (Craig, that guy in season 2). Maybe his separation from Miranda lessened his fanbase? If so, good.

And, let's be honest, what coach wins has been the only thing that's ever mattered on this show. None of these contestants (past, present, or future) will go on to do anything that's notable to anyone, no matter which one wins.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

I'And because it can't be said enough...

JOE FREAKING WALSH!

I had to like your post just for the Joe Walsh reference!  I saw him up close in concert once and damn, that mouth thing is way slobbery. But it was worth it.

Edited by NikSac
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

4.) while women have won this before, they've been either country, diva-singing-types, or at the very least young sexy things. A mid-30s white mom (albeit one who's a former actress) winning is a new one.

So yeah, I expected her to lose.

I think this is the oldest group of finalists for Voice since season 1? Guess America has moved on from the teens.... until next season with Miley Cyrus.

• Love 1
(edited)

Alisan was boring and only Laith entertained me.

But Alisan is definitely the supreme voice--especially with her audition--so good for her and congrats to Christina, as well.

Alisan is the first singer Christina has really campaigned hard for. Her official site sent out an email to everyone subscribed to her newsletter to vote for Alisan and she had her friend Kim Kartrashian ask her followers to vote.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I think even though Alisan won and deservedly so, all four will be just fine. Hannah has Pharrell in her corner and even though those songs do nothing for me they are popular apparently. Laith has his own groove and fanbase and Adam L in his corner likely after the show,I see good things for his music future. Adam has Blake who I'm sure will pull many strings to get those mediocre country songs out and about, sorrynotsorry. 

Nice finale if a bit long and some filler stuff of course. I enjoyed all the bring back performances except for Adam's, really not trying to pick on him but so lackluster ugh. And damn Brian N should have got farther than he did Katie B as well, Ryan too. Nick was never needed, heh.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Valny said:

Too bad she doesn't get to gloat/talk  about her win  next season,because you just know she would!  So it's her last season ever? Not coming back at all?

I read somewhere that she is launching a singing show on another network with the producers of The Voice. So, I think unless that fails, she'll be done with The Voice. It's too bad. She was actually enjoyable this season and would have had an easier time getting contestants next time now that she won.

8 hours ago, Kromm said:

By the way, 0:49 seconds into this video... you can see that Blake is rolling his eyes. Guess he's actually not happy with this...

Considering Blake has won about 5 times, he can get over himself already.

• Love 12

I was happy to see Alison win.  I'm sure she could use the $100,000.00.  In fact, I'm sure that all of the contestants could have.  If these contestants actually follow the show, then they should have a realistic idea of how it works. If you track the careers of the winners and other finalists, they'll see.  I'll stop short of calling the show a farce, since they do pay the money and give the recording contract, but come on....it's not all that.

I was impressed with many of the contestants this season.  I wish them all well and hope they find their dreams. This season, I thought all of the contestants had very lovely personalities.

Sadly, it will be the last time most of them are in the limelight.  Even the winners have a huge uphill climb. So, as the next season premieres, we get to hear from the coaches about what SUPERSTARS they are seeing......lol. Please, help support at least one winner of The Voice.

• Love 1

This season's contestants were the first group I enjoyed since season 5, which is my favorite season.  I enjoyed the group performances a lot, even Adam's group.

I think both Adam and Laith are great musicians, just not great vocalists.  I feel the same way about Joe Walsh.  He's not much of a singer, but he's one heck of a guitarist.  Hopefully they will both have an upstart to their careers.

I don't see where Blake is rolling his eyes.  He has had a contestant either win or be in the top 2 every season, so I don't think his divorce from Miranda, or his relationship with Gwen, is affecting his popularity.  Adam did have the #1 song on iTunes, and even beat out Justin Timberlake for a period yesterday.  I think Adam's original song was very good, but his two other performances were just mediocre.  Alisan had a much better night overall, and she was rewarded for her hard work.  

That said, I'm very happy Alisan won.  Its the first time in the past few years that I actually had my favorite win. She is quite deserving, but I don't think she'll have the success of either Cassadee or Jordan, who have had the most success of the winners.  We shall see, and I hope I'm proven wrong.  I thought Sawyer would take off with his mediocre, bland style, but he's almost been forgotten like most of the others.  I guess dominating iTunes downloads during the season doesn't equate to success post show. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Kromm said:

By the way, 0:49 seconds into this video... you can see that Blake is rolling his eyes

Because Blake has never, ever saddled us with inferior talent that went WAY too far.  Barrett freaking Baber, Blake.  I may never forgive him for that atrocity.

That said, in his defense, I'm not sure if that was a true eye roll or just the way the camera happened to catch him or if he was reacting to what he thought was an OTT reaction lovefest by Alisan and Xtina... or an eyeroll over the whole thing.  I'll admit I don't really care.  Grats to Alisan and Xtina. :)

• Love 5

I lost track with this season after missing a few episodes after the blinds so I just gave up even trying to catch up. Anyways, I did remember all the finalists from their auditions and Alisan was the one that impressed me the most. Congratulations to her for winning as well as Christina on her first win as a coach.

I'm debating watching next season or not because I like Alicia Keys and I thought she was great when she worked with Pharrell as a mentor, but I can't stand Miley Cyrus.

• Love 1

I tried to correct a mistake on my above post, so I'll add it here. Blake has either had the winner or had an artist in the top 2 in 9 out of 10 seasons, so I don't think his popularity is suffering too much. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, anonymiss said:

Alisan is the first singer Christina has really campaigned hard for. Her official site sent out an email to everyone subscribed to her newsletter to vote for Alisan and she had her friend Kim Kartrashian ask her followers to vote.

To be fair, this is only the second time that any female-coached contestant definitely made the top 3. The first was Jacquie Lee, also with Christina, when Tessanne Chin both found the exact right time to start slaying and has the kind of voice Christina loves (but with much more control).

Overall I was bored by the results show.  It seems like far fewer group contestant performances this season...they never had the final four sing together, they didn't have a top 12/20/24 whatever performance. (On a side note, did they even have all four coaches do a performance together this season?) Out of the bring-back performances, I liked Hannah's the most, followed by Laith's.  

Man, did that Blake Shelton song suck!  Is that song seriously playing on the radio?  

I enjoyed the Sia performance.  

I liked all the contestant/guest celebrity duets.  Well, not sure about the Hannah/Cee Lo one.  It was interesting though.  

11 hours ago, Kromm said:

I can't remember if The Voice had many mid-30s white moms on the show to begin with.  I'm guessing there are fewer moms (versus dads) who are working musicians. And harder for them to sacrifice time to go on the show? 

10 hours ago, MaryM47 said:

So I don’t know all the BTS details of the show - how long do the contestants live together? Did they live together on AI? I vaguely recall them filming in the group house, or whatever it was, during AI’s first season. If they did have the contestants together, I would have enjoyed some BTS of them talking and working together. Might have made me feel more connected to them, which I very much was not this season. 

Unless things have changed over the past few seasons, the contestants stay in a hotel.  They're there for a few weeks leading up to the blind auditions.  Then they go home and come back for a couple of weeks or so for the battle rounds/knockouts.  Then they go home again and come back for the live shows and stay until they are eliminated. 

There used to be clips of the group hanging out together and the coaches spending personal (often awkward) time with their teams, but that seems to have decreased over time.  

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Noreaster said:

There used to be clips of the group hanging out together and the coaches spending personal (often awkward) time with their teams, but that seems to have decreased over time.  

Awkward as it might have been, I miss those scenes, as well as the welcome-home clips and the doing-good-deeds clips that they used to have. I think the advent of the twitter save and the sing for your life performances have taken the time that used to be spent on other, funner, things.

• Love 2

Glad Alisan won.  Can't believe Adam came in second - Hannah and Laith were so far superior and more interesting than yet another WGWG.

I loved the Sia song.  Maybe a very obvious answer, but did Sia wear the black/blonde hair and giant bow as some sort of throwback to Melanie Martinez (S3)?  Or was that Sia's thing, and Melanie appropriated it?  

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Just look at the excited faces of the finalists! Two of the four of them can't wait to crawl back into their hotel beds and forget this ever happened.

View the full article

Does the person writing these things have directions from management to be as snarky and intentionally show bashing as possible (in a bad and negative way - as in, if this was my only source of info, I'd never watch that show)? This isn't even fun snark, IMO.

I'm pleased that Alisan won because I do believe she is the best singer. What she'll do now is another thing - where does she fit in the spectrum?  I think the best part of the finals was the carpool karaoke when they went to get the cars (and do their respective car commercials). The back seat folks seemed to really be getting into it  :)

Edited by JeanneH
9 hours ago, anonymiss said:

On one hand, I should be ecstatic that a female coach won. On the other hand, I felt that the manipulation to get there was over the top. "We want a female coach to win" is just as embarrassing as Hillary Clinton pleading with voters that America needs a female president to win (note: I am not a supporter of Clinton or Donald Trump). Alisan has a Voice, but I don't know where that voice will take her in the future. I hope she's prepared for the disappointment that many of these winners will go through after the show ends.

It's nice that celebrity succubus Kim K. was able to get her minions to vote for Alisan; now do her a bigger favor and get your crazy producer/rapper husband to help Alisan further in her career by producing her debut album or sample her voice on a future song of his. Or perhaps Alisan can sing Jesus songs so Mrs. Mark Burnett put together a quickie album of "inspirational" songs. Get it done Mrs. West or Mrs. Burnett.

Loved Hannah's and Laith's group performance. Could have done without Adam's group one.

See everyone in the fall with Destiny Hope Cyrus and Mrs. Swizz Beatz as coaches. Hopefully, the producers will tease it to the second or third blind audition shows before we can actually guess who will be the chosen one for next season.

• Love 3
(edited)

Minority opinion here but I would've preferred any of the others to win, because for me there was absolutely nothing original, distinctive, or memorable about Alisan's singing. Sure, she can sing, but so can anyone working in the chorus of a Broadway show. And while Hannah was often criticized for not having a particular musical style, the same could be said for Alisan. Each week it was something different - country, pop, rock, show tune - with the only constant being that she injected unnecessary and annoying runs into all of them.

Arguably the chance for a post-Voice career shouldn't be taken into account, but in Alisan's case I think it's fair to say that she represents a vocal approach that is really outdated. At least outside of Broadway or on a cruise ship.

Ironically, the one with the best chance at a viable career may be the least experienced singer, Hannah. I also think that Adam will do well in country. He's way more talented, as both a singer and instrumentalist, then Craig Wayne Boyd. And he could also cross over into rock. He did a great job with "Gimme Some Lovin," even sounding like Winwood. (The other members of that group number were terrible. They seemed completely clueless as to what the song required, and more interested in just strutting around the stage).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

On one hand, I should be ecstatic that a female coach won. On the other hand, I felt that the manipulation to get there was over the top. "We want a female coach to win" is just as embarrassing as Hillary Clinton pleading with voters that America needs a female president to win (note: I am not a supporter of Clinton or Donald Trump). Alisan has a Voice, but I don't know where that voice will take her in the future. I hope she's prepared for the disappointment that many of these winners will go through after the show ends.

It's nice that celebrity succubus Kim K. was able to get her minions to vote for Alisan; now do her a bigger favor and get your crazy producer/rapper husband to help Alisan further in her career by producing her debut album or sample her voice on a future song of his. Or perhaps Alisan can sing Jesus songs so Mrs. Mark Burnett put together a quickie album of "inspirational" songs. Get it done Mrs. West or Mrs. Burnett.

Loved Hannah's and Laith's group performance. Could have done without Adam's group one.

See everyone in the fall with Destiny Hope Cyrus and Mrs. Swizz Beatz as coaches. Hopefully, the producers will tease it to the second or third blind audition shows before we can actually guess who will be the chosen one for next season.

I didn't really understand the big push to have a female coach win either.   The women who've appeared on this show as coaches are all highly successful and worth millions.  What does being the coach of a winning contestant supposed to add to that?  Also funny because I suspect that far more women actually vote/buy songs than men.  We're supposed to vote for the female coach's contestant because...sisterhood?  Also funny because the female contestants who've managed to make some kind of career after the show have pretty much done that with the assistance of...a man (Blake Shelton).  At least I haven't heard anything about Christina / Shakira / Gwen doing anything special for any of the women that have been on their teams.  

I also think that Adam W. is more original than Craig Wayne Boyd although Craig does have a good voice and a certain amount of showmanship and he's been been touring fairly regularly since he won the show even though the album deal fell through.

• Love 2

Goodness, if I had thought Alisan was going to win, I'd have kept the TV on. (I had it on for a few minutes, in time to see Adam singing with a strangely detached and wax-faced Allison Krauss, what was up with that?)  I truly thought the country artist would win, but not because he was necessarily the best voice. (I thought he was adequate.)

In all of my time watching the Voice, I think the first time I ever voted was this week--all votes for Alisan. I thought it would be great to see a really excellent singer win over an excellent guitar player and a good country singer.  I mean, I though Alisan totally deserved it. Like some of you, I do wonder what she plans next--she is pretty retro in look and feel. (Maybe she could do cabaret?) Whatever--I think The Voice should be about the best voice--not necessarily about the most marketable person.  So congrats to Alisan! So nice to see that a woman over 30 can win. 

That said, I do think Hannah has maybe the most interesting voice of the top finalists, and I hope she can parlay her time on the voice into something more.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jillikins said:

Glad Alisan won.  Can't believe Adam came in second - Hannah and Laith were so far superior and more interesting than yet another WGWG.

I loved the Sia song.  Maybe a very obvious answer, but did Sia wear the black/blonde hair and giant bow as some sort of throwback to Melanie Martinez (S3)?  Or was that Sia's thing, and Melanie appropriated it?  

I'm also glad Alisan won, though I would have been even more delighted had Hannah pulled off an improbable upset.  Alisan and Adam were running fairly even throughout the season and she's the one who really came through in the final from among those two.

I also enjoyed the Sia song, but my favorite performance of the night was Hannah's bring back song, with Bryan, Brian, and Katie.  Those four can really sing and their voices combined very well. That was so good. 

I also liked both of Alisan's performances and Leith's with Joe Walsh.  Hannah and CeeLo was also kind of fun in an off the wall sort of way.  Both of Adam's performances weren't very good.  He really kind of flopped this week.

My Top 15 performances of the season (in descending order):

15. Bryan Bautista - 1+1   ((Top 9))

14. Alisan Porter - Stone Cold   ((Top 12))

13. Paxton Ingram - Break Every Chain   ((Top 11))

12. Laith Al-Saadi - Make It Rain   ((Top 11))

11. Shalyah Fearing - A Broken Wing   ((KO Round))

10. Hannah Huston - When a Man Loves a Woman   ((Semifinals))

9. Bryan Bautista vs. Malik Heard - It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World   ((Battle Round))

8. Laith Al Saadi - The Thrill is Gone   ((Top 10))

7. Adam Wakefield - Soulshine   ((Top 12))

6. Alisan Porter - Let Him Fly   ((Top 10))

5. Hannah Huston – Every Breath You Take   ((Final))

4. Shalyah Fearing - Listen   ((Live Playoffs))

3. Alisan Porter - River   ((KO Round))

2. Adam Wakefield - I'm Sorry   ((Semifinals))

1. Hannah Huston - House of the Rising Sun   ((KO Round))

1 hour ago, Nedsdag said:

It's nice that celebrity succubus Kim K. was able to get her minions to vote for Alisan

LOL @ "celebrity succubus."

Speaking of Hillary, Christina is supporting her because she really believes in sisters in solidarity and all that. At least she's consistent.

I don't think the female coach "manipulation" made any difference because Christina has been saying that for years to no avail. Alisan was better vocally than anyone Christina has had and arguably than anyone else this season. This galvanized Christina and her normally scattered fanbase to organize and power vote for the first time. (I've seen it.) Christina also utilized influential celebrity contacts and Alisan has some minor celebrity from being Curly Sue and may've had some influential contacts pulling for her, too. (One of her best friends is Adam Lambert who has his own network of contacts and fans.)

• Love 2