Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, ryebread said:

True that. No science involved there.  Just faith.  Just as Yolanda has in her "doctors".  I didn't pay close attention to what was going on in that scene because sometimes I have second hand embarrassment for Yolanda and I watch side-eyed and wincing.  That scene was one of those times.

It's almost as if Yolanda is Webster's definition of a dupe, an easy mark, "a fool and it's money." Can she be that gullible? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, jinjer said:

It's almost as if Yolanda is Webster's definition of a dupe, an easy mark, "a fool and it's money." Can she be that gullible? 

I think so.  I hate on Yo a lot, but speaking objectively I think she's pretty stupid; canny enough to score rich husbands, but stupid.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, jinjer said:

More likely than not, she is that thick headed and no one can point out her errors without severe ramifications.

• Love 12
(edited)

Stupid and stubborn - deadly combination.

She thinks she is better than everyone, smarter than everyone, and always, always right.  No way to get through to a person like that. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, DeepRed said:

Maybe (ha, definitely) I'm weird but that pic of Portia gives me the heebie jeebies.  The cucumber slices make her eyes look like those of the kids in Village of the Damned, and the masque goo looks like dried blood.  Or bacon slices.  Mmm, bacon.  On a cute little kid in a cute pink robe.

I'll show myself out.

Nope, not at all.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I might be worse than you are; I thought she looked dead at first glance.

You think you're sick - I thought it was a scene from True Detective.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

Hmm I only participate in these forums because I was told there would be no math.

At least Catholics aren't trying to pass it off as science.  

Yes, but this common core math, piece of cake!

• Love 6

Geez, I haven't watched the Secrets Revealed episode yet.  The 'guide' was wrong with the titles of the episodes and I accidentally deleted it.  But...I did record it again.  I'll get there.

Common Core sucks.  Don't get me started.  Why change something that works.  It's like Whole Language.  How did that work out?  And now many schools are not teaching script.  But the kids all know about dinosaurs.  I guess they'll just make up a signature.  They don't know how to properly address an envelope or letter.  I have one foot on the soap box.  Stop me.   Because so much of this just pisses me off.  Sorry to go off topic......

• Love 15
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Geez, I haven't watched the Secrets Revealed episode yet.  The 'guide' was wrong with the titles of the episodes and I accidentally deleted it.  But...I did record it again.  I'll get there.

Common Core sucks.  Don't get me started.  Why change something that works.  It's like Whole Language.  How did that work out?  And now many schools are not teaching script.  But the kids all know about dinosaurs.  I guess they'll just make up a signature.  They don't know how to properly address an envelope or letter.  I have one foot on the soap box.  Stop me.   Because so much of this just pisses me off.  Sorry to go off topic......

you're right, I am so glad that boy-child is a grown man after hearing the girls at work talk about being completely unable to help their little ones with math....WHAT IS THE POINT OF CHANGING THE RULES AFTER HUNDREDS OF YEARS OF LEARNING THEM ONE WAY???????????????????

• Love 4

Seriously, isn't the whole point of learning math to come to a solid answer accurately and efficiently? I don't know much about this common core business (no kids and not much of a numbers person to begin with), but it seems like common core wants to double as some kind of critical-thinking tool...or a weird philosophy lesson! Those things are fine and great but have they any place in math, a science that is supposed to be exact?

• Love 7
23 hours ago, DeepRed said:

I think so.  I hate on Yo a lot, but speaking objectively I think she's pretty stupid; canny enough to score rich husbands, but stupid.

I can't believe I'm defending her here, but (if she really is/was that sick), lots of people with chronic illnesses and pain try out alternative remedies in desperation.  Many fall for con men who take their cash and keep pushing new "treatments" that never work, always for reasons that don't relate to the "treatment."  She's not alone.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I can't believe I'm defending her here, but (if she really is/was that sick), lots of people with chronic illnesses and pain try out alternative remedies in desperation.  Many fall for con men who take their cash and keep pushing new "treatments" that never work, always for reasons that don't relate to the "treatment."  She's not alone.

I totally get what you're saying.  And I understand why people can get desperate when dealing with a chronic illness.  What I do have a problem with is that Yo has deemed herself the face of a disease but doesn't research the basic facts.  And the shame is people are listening to her.  

Warning!  I'm going on the soap box.  She's doing a terrible disservice to people who are suffering from Lyme Disease.  She has never, ever, even told people what to do if they find a tick on their body.  She has never, ever, said Lyme is a totally curable disease for 90% of the people who have been diagnosed with it.  She has claimed over and over again that she's searching for a cure.  There is a cure. 

She has the money.  She has the resources to go to the best.  But yet she chooses the alternatives without doing the proper investigation into what these treatments actually are, and the damage that these things can do.  She's not helping people.  It's her prerogative to do what she wants but she needs to shut up about it because she doesn't have the qualifications or intelligence to be an expert on this.  

• Love 22
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, breezy424 said:

I don't remember exactly where I heard it but I was speechless when I heard some kid say something like, "Print it because I can't read handwriting....."

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/11/2016 at 8:13 AM, wings707 said:

No, clothes for her online game person.  She clearly didn't understand that having her character try on all of the dress choices cost money!  There is no way they are going to get that money back, I am sure it happens frequently.  Not to that amount but kids misunderstanding and parents not realizing this can be done.  

I think they probably did get their money back.  I know a few people that this happened to with young kids.  The dollar amount wasn't as high as Portia's, but still pretty steep.  The money was refunded fairly easily, IIRC.

eta:  I just read further in this thread, and saw Kyle's tweet.  I'm glad it all ended well.  I think Portia is a good kid, and hopefully lessons were learned all the way around.  I did like that she was upset, though.  Lots of over-privileged kids would have shrugged their shoulders and said, "So what?  Daddy can afford it."  Or, "It wasn't my fault!"  She didn't do that - She worried that she had made a big mistake and she cared that he would be angry with her.  Remorse, IMO, is always a good thing.  I think it was a good wake-up call for Kyle & Mauricio too.  I'm sure they use parental controls, but now they'll be more diligent about paying attention to the real money aspect of some apps.

Edited by DebbieM4
adding an ETA after reading further
  • Love 12
On 5/11/2016 at 8:13 AM, wings707 said:
On 5/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, teapot said:

I thought it sounded like Portia thought the entire thing was pretend...virtual money, not her parents' credit card

That's what I thought too.  It was just a game to her.  And it's not as though she saw the credit card statement piling up.  Now she knows.  Now they all know.  I don't think this is a "spoiled kid" thing.  It happens.  Overall, Kyle & Mauricio seem to be good parents.  Their little family seems quite normal, and the girls all seem like nice young women who care a lot about each other.  No scandals, no acting out, no craziness, no drama other than the regular family kind.  I like that.

On 5/11/2016 at 4:28 PM, NetflixandChill said:

About the Portia and app thing, companies do seem to have a policy about refunding money in instances like that, I believe. My niece ran up a bill of a couple hundred dollars on some game, and my sister called customer service, explained the situation, and the charges were wiped. She's no one famous or rich, just a nurse in a small town in the South, but she got the refund without much of an issue. And her lesson was learned from there on out. She set up the parental controls and it was dealt with. I'm guessing that's what it came down to with Kyle, as well. 

I posted something similar, and I think it happens all the time.  And as you said, the parents don't need to be wealthy or on television or anything else.  I think it's much more common than many people think for this not only to happen but also for the money to be refunded.

• Love 8
On 5/12/2016 at 3:07 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

At least Yo's not actively investing in the crap and trying to get people to sign up unlike Vicky and Brooks with that dumb juice cleanse curing his fake cancer.

Not yet!  No doubt she will try to make money from her "journey". If it's not this crap, it will be something else.

I doubt very much her book is her only plan to cash in.

• Love 8

Seriously, isn't the whole point of learning math to come to a solid answer accurately and efficiently?

I know this is OT, but this happens to me at least once a month. I'll order some fast food and the bill comes to, say  $5.67. I'll hand them 21 (or 11) dollars because I don't want all that change. Invariably the cashier tries to give the dollar back and says "You gave too much." Young person has no clue that it's actually saving us both some effort to do it that way. I worked as a cashier for about three years back in the day when you had to do all the math in your head when you gave change. I honestly don't know if that makes me smarter or not :(

New Math. That's what I had to grapple with.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I know this is OT, but this happens to me at least once a month. I'll order some fast food and the bill comes to, say  $5.67. I'll hand them 21 (or 11) dollars because I don't want all that change. Invariably the cashier tries to give the dollar back and says "You gave too much." Young person has no clue that it's actually saving us both some effort to do it that way. I worked as a cashier for about three years back in the day when you had to do all the math in your head when you gave change. I honestly don't know if that makes me smarter or not :(

Yes, I have had this happen to me also. They also rely solely on the cash register for change amount. Most can't count back from actual purchase amount up to amount that the customer gives them. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

On the off-topic note, I never realized how difficult telling time has become.  I was part of group facilitating a job seekers workshop.  The 60 year old male facilitator at 9:35 said, "let's take a break and be back at ten to ten, I am giving you an extra five minutes and no one be late."  At ten o'clock two stragglers showed up and were called on the carpet for being late.  The woman said, "I don't know what 10 to 10 means, I thought it was 10 o'clock." (Note to file develop time telling skills with Sylvia.)  The other one I heard is a young successful medical supplier had on a Rolex watch, beautiful and cost about $20,000.00.  I heard him say, it was easier to check his phone for the time than his watch as the time on his phone was digital.  Why wear a watch?  

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, wings707 said:

Of course she [Rinna] doesn't lie, her mouth does though. 

Yes, but she's made it clear she has no control over her mouth. It just spontaneously blurts things out. If someone is offended by her mouth and says so, Rinna will of course apologize and "own it" because she owns her mouth. Not what her mouth says. She's not responsible for the content, and we should all have some pity! We have no idea what it's like to have a completely uncontrollable mouth! She lives in fear, wondering what it will say next! [sarcastifont].

• Love 15
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

On the off-topic note, I never realized how difficult telling time has become.  I was part of group facilitating a job seekers workshop.  The 60 year old male facilitator at 9:35 said, "let's take a break and be back at ten to ten, I am giving you an extra five minutes and no one be late."  At ten o'clock two stragglers showed up and were called on the carpet for being late.  The woman said, "I don't know what 10 to 10 means, I thought it was 10 o'clock." (Note to file develop time telling skills with Sylvia.)  The other one I heard is a young successful medical supplier had on a Rolex watch, beautiful and cost about $20,000.00.  I heard him say, it was easier to check his phone for the time than his watch as the time on his phone was digital.  Why wear a watch?  

A pal and I would play racquetball - you rent the court out by the hour and we were waiting by the door looking at the clock. At five minutes before our hour started, my pal knocks on the door to tell the players their time is almost up. The door opens and there is a little argument about interrupting the players who are on the  court. Before it gets any more heated, I pointed to the digital clock on the wall and said, "My friend can't tell time with one of THOSE clocks!"

It was good enough for them to walk away.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Same here.  I was also a cashier back in the day.  I didn't do the math in my head, but I was lazy and didn't want to count a lot of extra change back and didn't want to have to cash out extra coins at the end of the night because I had to open a roll due to someone not figuring out the best way to pay to minimize change. It also gave me something to keep my brain busy.  I'd always tell people if you give me X, I can give you Y back instead and you won't have a pocket full of change, or whatever.  Some got it some didn't.  I almost always pay like you do, figuring out what will give me the best change and not clutter up my purse, or in some instances because I actually want a $5 or whatever, and I get so frustrated when the cashier thwarts my efforts by giving me inefficient change (I understand when there are constraints due to what's in their drawer).  It also annoys me when they don't face their bills.    

14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I'm guilty on this front.  When I have to use a real clock I'm as slow as a kindergartner at figuring out what time it is because I'm so used to digital.  I can't just glance and know the time anymore.

• Love 2

I used to work in a group of three cashiers. They could never wrap their head around needing to start in the morning with a float consisting mostly of smaller denominations, and to always give change using the largest denominations. The float each person got at the beginning each day could have been any of the three, and one day, I seriously got a float containing two $50 notes and nothing else, because they were just so fricken stupid, and the previous evening, for some reason, they cashed out their till's take using the smallest denominations.

• Love 4

Eileen is such an Erika fangirl. She couldn't seem more happy to have Erika on the Y&R set, whereas she acted almost put out when Kyle and LVP visited. On another note, she must be feeling quite foolish for backing up an admitted, uncontrollable liar.

Wow, Erika has had quite a bit of work done. So much for giving zero fucks.

Yolanda is a stupid woman, full stop.

• Love 10
(edited)

Is this Dr. Kang who treated Yo the same person that Brooks and Vicki visited toward the end of the Brooks Cancer Saga?  That office setting and the whole scenario just reminded me of that RHOC episode, and I half expected Vicki to jump in with one of her twitchy "I work, I work" exclamations.…

Edited by RHOSingapore
Edited for some clarity….
  • Love 1

Hi!  If anyone is even paying attention now that it's over, I finally watched the episode.  I enjoyed it.  And again, we have another tack on episode that was more fun than the regular 'drama'.  Plus, we get to learn a bit more about housewives relationships.

Poor Portia.  She knew what she did was wrong and was sorry about it.  Say what you will about Kyle but I think she's a good mom and it shows.  They're a grounded family.

OK. I did relate to the retainer comment.  I was just a bit jealous that Lisar only paid $450 to replace her daughter's retainer.  I had to replace one of my kids and it was $500.  (I can't complain because I lost my night guard once.  It was only a few weeks old and it 'had' to be in the house.  Never found it).  And yeah, they got the wire in the back on the bottom teeth.  Whoa Lisar... How did you not know that your child has a built in retainer??  Actually, I'm not surprised. 

And so much for Lisar always tells the truth...l really did think it was BS when she talked about it on Jenny M show.  Or maybe it's BS now since Harry found out what she said.  In the end, who cares.

Erika always has questions for Tom.  Huh?  Well, I guess if your career is being an entertainer for gay men you may not be all that interested and intelligent about stuff....  I don't think Erika's world expands that much beyond the Glam Squad, Pat the Puss and obeying Mr. Girardi.  That's why she doesn't understand why the 'c' word is derogatory.  She needs to get out her sheltered trophy wife world more and deal in the real world. 

Go away Kim.

I enjoyed seeing Eileen on the job again.  It gives us a different perspective of her life; that being a successful actor.  

And lastly, I wonder how much footage they have of Yo going to treatments.  I'm on overload.  What the heck was that holistic doctor doing with her holding things?  Yo, so glad you remember to take all your meds even though you don't understand what this doctor is doing.  You're not the face of a chronic disease.  You're the face of someone who others (so called alternative medicine professionals) see dollar signs coming to them.  Gigi didn't exactly come across so 'bright' when she was explaining why she wanted to become a lawyer, or whatever she wanted to be.

• Love 6

Gigi Hadid will be a lawyer right after my cat gets her PHD. She's working on her dissertation right now in "How to knock everything off the coffee table and annoy Mom" Besides she had the oh so hard job (Gigi not my cat) of taking off her clothes to stare vacantly into a camera.....That YoYo is SOOOO proud of. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Gigi Hadid will be a lawyer right after my cat gets her PHD. She's working on her dissertation right now in "How to knock everything off the coffee table and annoy Mom" Besides she had the oh so hard job (Gigi not my cat) of taking off her clothes to stare vacantly into a camera.....That YoYo is SOOOO proud of. 

My cats have the vacant stare down to a fuckin' science - AND they look considerably better nekkid. 

• Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, Ketzel said:

Yes, but she's made it clear she has no control over her mouth. It just spontaneously blurts things out. If someone is offended by her mouth and says so, Rinna will of course apologize and "own it" because she owns her mouth. Not what her mouth says. She's not responsible for the content, and we should all have some pity! We have no idea what it's like to have a completely uncontrollable mouth! She lives in fear, wondering what it will say next! [sarcastifont].

and I had no  control over mine when  I read that post.  it busted out in the middle of the silent office w/a huge HA!!!  thanks a lot, mouth!

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, breezy424 said:

And lastly, I wonder how much footage they have of Yo going to treatments.  I'm on overload.  What the heck was that holistic doctor doing with her holding things?  Yo, so glad you remember to take all your meds even though you don't understand what this doctor is doing.  You're not the face of a chronic disease.  You're the face of someone who others (so called alternative medicine professionals) see dollar signs coming to them.  Gigi didn't exactly come across so 'bright' when she was explaining why she wanted to become a lawyer, or whatever she wanted to be.

I think Gigi's a sweet girl, but she came off as vacuous as one of Will Smith's kids.  Did Gigi go to Scientology school?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Gigi's a sweet girl, but she came off as vacuous as one of Will Smith's kids.  Did Gigi go to Scientology school?

I have to wonder if she was pressured by her mother to make a cameo appearance and just went through the motions.  I really do feel sorry for the kids, particularly the girls.  Being children of divorce is hard enough, being children of insatiable famewhores must be challenging.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aunt Kiki said:

I have to wonder if she was pressured by her mother to make a cameo appearance and just went through the motions.  I really do feel sorry for the kids, particularly the girls.  Being children of divorce is hard enough, being children of insatiable famewhores must be challenging.

I have seen her interviewed and she is lovely and not at all vacuous.  Having to do small talk with a camera in your face at that age must be stressful.  I like her. 

• Love 4

I'm sure someone will look at this and say, "Oh em gee. She's sooooo stoopid - 'Have you ever seen a cheetah walk?'  WTF is that???"

To which I would say, "She's a delight."  Trust your feet.  It's always right foot in front of left foot. LOL. 

Girl is quirky and funny.

It's like social suicide

• Love 3

Her voice, to me, is monotone Valley Girl.  She needs to, like, lose the "like", but once she starts working with a voice coach, and I'm certain that will happen soon if not already, she'll straighten that out. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Or she will mature and just change her manner of speech organically.  

I just went down the same rabbit hole as stewedsquash and watched a few of Gigi's, more recent, films.  It seems she already has. In the year or so since she's made it big, she's really polished her speech.  She's lost a lot of weight, though. 

Here are two things I've discovered in the past 30 minutes:  Gigi and I use the same make-up brush - it was in her TOP! FIVE! ESSENTIAL! make-up bag items. LOL.  (Tarte Bamboo Airbrush is anyone is interested - it's the best.) and that if having a choice to go to NYU or living the life she's got now, I'd not be going to NYU, either.  Gimme Cannes and Chanel over a classroom and ratty yoga pants any day.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

No I mean the tone of her voice, and the others I compared. It is a texture thing, for lack of a word. I don't mean the way she uplifts her words a little bit, I mean the actual sound of her voice. I wish I could explain it better. It isn't nasal, or gutteral, or the marbles in the throat. 

But thanks for posting it because I did find her very self deprecating, happy, wanting to learn her trade. She is a sweetie and I think people gravitate towards her for that reason. 

And just to make you cringe, Yolanda sucks. [stupid mean elitist Yolanda font]

But of courrrrrse she does.  As if I could ever forget.  On another forum there's a poster who's name is TaylorTrash.  Another named, IckyVicky.  Why do we not have a YolandaSucks?  Or LyinYolanda.  C'mon if ya'll gonna hate someone, commit!  ;-)

2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I hate that you have distress reading here. For me it is a case of if I don't like you, I don't like you [people on the show, not you!]. I get your points when you focus on parts of posts, and sometimes agree with what you are pointing out. But if I am honest, I just don't give a hoot about being fair to Yolanda because I think she is just a mean, snotty, self absorbed woman.

I hate that I have distress, too. LOL.  Funny thing is, I don't even LovemesomeYo but I admit to feeling uncomfortable with some of the snark because I sense real hate there and my mama taught me that hate is ugly.  I felt the same way when it was happening to Kim.  But that's on me. I get it.  The distress I sometimes feel is outweighed by the kick I get out of fussing and discussing about them.  I mean, there we were having a nice discussion about Gigi and you haaaaaad to bring it back to Yo at the very end. For shame, stewed. It was like, YAY!, and then boo.  Why's it gotta be all Yo all the time?

There's some daily TV tabloid show that has one day during the week that they are Kardashian Free.  None of the hosts can mention a Kardashian during that day. I think they're onto something.

• Love 3