Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, ryebread said:

Truth be told, I missed the first 6 pages.  I don't see her being dragged, per se, as much as questioned.  And just by a few.  Dragged would be, "That fucking bitch is a lying c*nt."  "She's full of shit on her Twitter.  Making that shit up for sympathy."  "Next, she'll be fronting a DV fundraiser when the lying bitch was never even abused."   When I see 100 pages of that, I'll believe she's been dragged.

So nope. Didn't drag.  Don't even know if she's lying or telling the truth. Just commenting on how overdramatic she acted. 

Or making jokes that Ken meets up with other husbands to talk about how horrific his wife is, and how she deserves what's happening to her.

I'm just so grateful that NY is back on.  Nobody's a sacred cow on that show.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Jel said:

It was odd, but weirdly familiar to me as the child of English parents.  I would bet that Lisa was probably told to toughen up as a kid, shows of emotion back then were not encouraged, and the pausing and pointing was (I'd guess) seemed like a "hold it together" technique that she maybe acquired in childhood. My dad's mom died when he was a kid, he went to boarding school and it was basically, "sorry about your mother", now shove it down and never speak of it or acknowledge it again. Not kidding. What can I say, I get her. 

I get her too.  My ex-MIL, other family members, and my best friend are all London born and bred, and I didn't see anything odd in LisaV's behavior.  I actually kind of think that I would have understood her, though, even if I haven't been seeing that British toughness firsthand for so long.  She wasn't comfortable sharing that and didn't want to be in such a vulnerable position, especially in front of other people and especially on national television.  That's not her personality, and I think she's entitled to that.  Personally, I'm pretty emotional and weepy (when both happy & sad), and I kind of admire people who are good at holding it together most of the time.

And I agree about the finger thing.  It seemed to me that she realized she couldn't speak without getting emotional, and so she kind of got stuck where she was (indicating with her fingers how many times) as she attempted to give herself a minute to calm down.  I didn't see it as anything more than that.

9 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Admittedly, I don't watch this show with the same microscope or ultra attention that some have, frankly, this season I found myself zoning out from boredom much of the time.

With that disclaimer, what I do remember about Eileen's big DV reveal was that it fucking came out of NOWHERE.  To me, at the time, I nearly giggled, not because I don't believe her, or feel for that time of her life, but because it was so very, very soapy and obvious what she was doing.  Earning the paycheck while avoiding anything current in her life.

Ditto the Italian spreading of the ashes, by the way.  Her sister has been long dead, but only now, when they show will pay for her to visit Italy, does she get around to doing that, FOR the cameras.

She was scrambling this year, trying desperately to hold on to this job, and that's fine, it's just that she's such a horrid actress and has such lousy timing that even if you aren't paying eagle-eyed attention, her "scenes" always seem so fake and so staged. 

I think that's the point LVP was making in her blog, though not so explicitly.

That's what I thought the point was too - Eileen's big announcement was just so random.  After that episode aired, it was mentioned by several posters here.  And then by LisaV in her blog.  It just came across as a huge manufactured, dramatic moment.  It very well may be true, but the way Eileen did it seemed very soap-ish.

7 hours ago, jinjer said:

I think it was BS of them all to say to LVP "You should've told us at dinner about your DV too!" She had no obligation to share it at dinner with them. 

Yes, I thought that was outrageous.  Especially Eileen!  As a fellow victim, she certainly should have put her outrage about the other bullshit aside, and put a stop to the inquisition.  No victim of anything should ever have to share - with family, with friends, in private, on national television, anywhere.  Eileen should be ashamed of herself that she not only sat there and allowed them to gang up on LisaV like that, but also because she joined in.  I was pretty horrified that a DV victim would treat another DV victim that way.  (And I'm among those who do not think that LisaV had mocked Eileen about her own DV.   Not that it would have justified Eileen's behavior at the reunion even if she had.)

Eileen of all people should realize that LisaV was under no obligation to share anything that she wasn't comfortable sharing re what had happened to her.  LisaV was obviously distraught, and yet Eileen completely let her vendetta against LisaV get in the way of human decency.  I have a feeling that Eileen would not be very good in support groups!

• Love 20
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Dos, how close is Watts to Beverly Hills?

Financially, on the other side of the planet, Economically, a tad farther. Morally and socially? Closer but still far off.

19, 21 different charities sounds like the 'resume' of a kid angling for a scholarship - what was the line about having many interests and sucking at them all, rather than being really good at one? Even tho I have many concerns about the disadvantaged and other fund raising efforts in the world, I only donate to two.

I am lazy and I write a check - one of the charities is a national organization and the other is a private group who ask for donations for animals/pets that need help being rehomed or surgical intervention (there have also been fundraisers for the members, too). They'll post the name of a veterinarian and a goal that needs to be met, when that goal is met, people on the members of the website are informed - If the initial fund raising efforts exceed the amount needed that money goes toward other projects or needs. That way specific projects are funded and there is no extra money being wasted on flyers, flowers, food or fluff.

Sometimes I feel that animals and pets are more deserving than the two legged animals, that Is MY view about giving money to charities. .

• Love 3
(edited)

After watching the season and three reunion shows, I'm feeling a seed change by Andy and the voices that be at Bravo.  IMO only, I get the distinct feeling Bravo decision makers have taken a step back from LVP and Ken.  It seems both she and Ken were put on the chopping block with scenes from past episodes highlighting that both are not nice people when it comes to interacting with housewife co-workers. Finally the way LisaR, Eileen, Erika and Yolanda were joined by Brandi seemed to signal the possible end of LVP's long RHOBH reign. It's as though Brandi was added to punctuate Bravos point of view. 

My opinion changed about LVP ever since Kyle's Eiffel Tower crying scenes and charges of LVP HW manipulation.  I don't care for her and it looks like some at Bravo have given us more proof of her questionable ethics.

Adding that my feelings are just that. LVP is a highly successful family and business woman and great supporter of many charities.  RHOBH is no longer a plus for her or Ken.  The way this year's episodes and reunion stack up against them is evident. 

Edited by talula
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Years ago I was a victim of serious DV.   I was hospitalized twice.   The day I left (escaped), I never looked back, and never spoke of it.   My parents,  husband have no idea, my friends don't know, and ONLY if I felt it would be beneficial to someone in need, would I speak out.   If others, like Eileen want to share, fine, but that doesn't mean LVP needs to relive a horrible event in her life.   Not everyone is an Eileen or LisaR who needs to speak out about their  every emotion or feeling, all the time.   She could have empathy for Taylor without revealing her own experience.   I was offended when Eileen, on her high horse, chastised LVP for not sharing.   Her comment wasn't out of compassion, it was another dig.    The people close to me don't need to relive what I don't want to relive - and I took LVP's take on not sharing as the same.

I am so sorry for the abuse that you suffered. I cannot imagine how horrible that must be. 

The issue here is that LVP called out Eileen in her blog for sharing her history of abuse, saying that it would seem "redundant" for her to share something like that, while at the same time sharing it in her blog. She didn't understand why Eileen needed to do that, while doing it herself.  My question here is this: would LVP have said that about Eileen if she had not been called out by Eileen for being insensitive regarding the "affair"? My thoughts are that if Eileen wouldn't have seemed to be offended by LVP, she wouldn't have lobbed what some people see as a criticism against Eileen. That makes the comment seem harsh, IMO, while I know that others would disagree. 

• Love 9

Instinctively, watching LVP talk about her boyfriend, taking a pause, wiping her eyes - I felt there was a lot of falseness there.  Not that I doubt that the two incidents occurred - though her phrasing there and seeming to take a beat to recount them seemed odd - but I felt, instantly, total doubt that she was feeling what she was IMO mightily striving to show she was feeling in order, again IMO, to put the kibosh on the other Hos and Andy coming after her.  She seems, again just IMO, drawn as a moth is to flame to being in the right and rather a perfect victim when it suits her.  At moments, to me, she positively luxuriates in being a victim.  Mileage certainly may vary!

Please don't come after me for 'doubting victims' because that is not what I'm saying, and that kind of swarming would be unnecessary and untrue.  I still think LVP is critical to this franchise, I think an LVP and Kyle 4 Eva season tends to be a pretty entertaining season....but I doubt a lot of what I at least feel she puts out there.  And I don't care for Eileen or Rinna, for the limited amount it may be worth and think they could be gone with no loss at all to RHOBH.  Actually, take Erika too; I can't stop reading Ronnie K.'s recaps, and if I have to read another flight of fancy where he imagines a post-coital scene between the Girardi's, I'm going to need Lacuna, Inc. to obliterate my memories. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Admittedly, I don't watch this show with the same microscope or ultra attention that some have, frankly, this season I found myself zoning out from boredom much of the time.

With that disclaimer, what I do remember about Eileen's big DV reveal was that it fucking came out of NOWHERE.  To me, at the time, I nearly giggled, not because I don't believe her, or feel for that time of her life, but because it was so very, very soapy and obvious what she was doing.  Earning the paycheck while avoiding anything current in her life.

Ditto the Italian spreading of the ashes, by the way.  Her sister has been long dead, but only now, when they show will pay for her to visit Italy, does she get around to doing that, FOR the cameras.

She was scrambling this year, trying desperately to hold on to this job, and that's fine, it's just that she's such a horrid actress and has such lousy timing that even if you aren't paying eagle-eyed attention, her "scenes" always seem so fake and so staged. 

I think that's the point LVP was making in her blog, though not so explicitly.

My God is Eileen a terrible over actress... Ugggghh!!!

• Love 8
12 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Seriously, what in the hot holy hell was their collective issue with LVP not spilling the beans about a long-ago abusive relationship?! Oh my god, they acted like she owed them that information--they made it seem like it was a bartering chip or a get-out-of-jail-free card for all of Lisa's (real or imagined) slights against them...and as if Lisa should have been grateful for their benevolent offer to accept sordid details and tears to make up for "bad" behavior. That was just insane, man. 

ETA: Even my BF was like, "She doesn't owe anyone that kind of personal shit!" and he only half-watches if he sees the show at all (he did get sucked into Vanderpump Rules a little though).

That's the problem with all these shows. Apparently co-worker OWE each other EVERYTHING.. Hell it spills into viewer land as well. Apparently signing a contract to be on a reality show means that these people OWE us whatever we deem should be shared. I surprised we aren't getting road maps of their vaginas at this point since ya know the WIVES owe their cast member and the viewers EVERYTHING. All I know I was excited to see Kim Richards and especially Kyle (because she was on my favorite show of all time LHOTP) and see them all grown up with their lives and family. I sure as hell didn't tune in for the horror show these franchises have turned into and I sure as hell never demanded it get this ugly. It's a shame that it has and a shame that the cast members feed into the ugly part so willingly.

• Love 6

Eileen doesn't know how to act if someone doesn't give her a script....Her dismissive, fake,phony laugh at LVP was the last straw for me. What a bitch....and I was pretty much over her when she bent her poor hubbies ear and when he asked if she wanted his point of view she said NO so fast it made me dizzy....she's a stone cold B.I.T.C.H.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Years ago I was a victim of serious DV.   I was hospitalized twice.   The day I left (escaped), I never looked back, and never spoke of it.   My parents,  husband have no idea, my friends don't know, and ONLY if I felt it would be beneficial to someone in need, would I speak out.   If others, like Eileen want to share, fine, but that doesn't mean LVP needs to relive a horrible event in her life.   Not everyone is an Eileen or LisaR who needs to speak out about their  every emotion or feeling, all the time.   She could have empathy for Taylor without revealing her own experience.   I was offended when Eileen, on her high horse, chastised LVP for not sharing.   Her comment wasn't out of compassion, it was another dig.    The people close to me don't need to relive what I don't want to relive - and I took LVP's take on not sharing as the same.

Just goes to show just how ugly Eileen is. No matter what gripe you have with someone some things aren't for chastising. I mean even out of respect for the topic as a whole regardless of whether it's LisaV or not.  Disgusting if you ask me.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Paul supported Taylor and her claims 100% he even ran in heels for her.  He never questioned her.  The others questioned Bernie the chef about his allegations Paul was abusive to Adrienne.

Wasn't that after the fact though? I feel like he seemed hesitant when Adrienne told him the news over dinner. But when you know two people, it's natural to be hesitant to readily believe one person and not the other. Maybe I'll rewatch the episode and jog my memory.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

LVP is active in 14 different charities including the human rights campaign, the humane society , MS, and Alzheimer's research to name a few. To say she is not charitable is incorrect. 

Or to minimize her efforts.

Every little bit counts anyway. Isn't that one of the main mantras in any sort of charity fundraising? I personally don't feel comfortable side eyeing any of the efforts made unless they are blatantly self serving and ONLY for posturing and even then if I can get proof that a generous check was written I could definitely forgive cause quite honestly those in need of those donations don't actually give a flying f*** about how self centered the check writers are.

8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I really appreciate so many of the posts about 'charity' and fundraising about various  causes.

Yes, LVP has made many contributions to various causes.  I applaud her for this.

On the other hand, not so much for Yo.  I applaud David's contributions to causes.  Yeah, I never really liked him  but I do give him credit for that.  Bottom line is what has Yo done?

Regarding LVP and domestic violence.  If she didn't want to talk about her experience, I get that.  What I do have a problem with is bringing it up after the fact.  I'm glad Eileen brought it up.  It may have been out of the blue but so what?  We need to bring attention to it.  Victims need to hear that they are not alone.  It can happen to anyone.  The problem with LVP is she brought it up when it suited her.  I'm not disparaging what happened to her.  Well, maybe I am.  She used something very serious after the fact to make 'her' seen in a better light.  Sorry, but that's just not 'cool'. 

But so did Eileen. Even worse her timing was meant to create a huge and immediate contrast in how vulnerable and open SHE can be compared to the cold hearted, unapologetic Vanderpump that was sitting at the same table. Maybe Vanderpump did use it as somewhat of a defense but it's better than Eileen using it as a weapon. Yuck!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

That's the problem with all these shows. Apparently co-worker OWE each other EVERYTHING.. Hell it spills into viewer land as well. Apparently signing a contract to be on a reality show means that these people OWE us whatever we deem should be shared. I surprised we aren't getting road maps of their vaginas at this point since ya know the WIVES owe their cast member and the viewers EVERYTHING. All I know I was excited to see Kim Richards and especially Kyle (because she was on my favorite show of all time LHOTP) and see them all grown up with their lives and family. I sure as hell didn't tune in for the horror show these franchises have turned into and I sure as hell never demanded it get this ugly. It's a shame that it has and a shame that the cast members feed into the ugly part so willingly.

I feel like, in real life, I have come across people like this--not necessarily coworkers, but friends of friends, who think that because you share a mutual connection, they have the "right" to be just as familiar with you as the shared friend is (man, I hope that makes sense; I am not articulating it too well). Sometimes it's OK and you organically click quickly, but other times it is so awkward!

As far as charities go, I read something somewhere recently about a great many of them actually saying that the best contribution is basically cold hard cash. I won't pretend I remember too many details, and it was probably related specifically to animal-related causes, but it was something about how the average person can't donate significant enough amounts of time and/or aren't well versed in the activities (and training takes more time and money) and that, too often, the things that people donate aren't usable anyway. I feel like I have actually witnessed this on a small scale; well-meaning people stopping by the animal shelter where I volunteer to drop off food that isn't what the animals should be eating per their vet, or toys or bedding that has been used already (this is mostly OK for hard plastic stuff; we sanitize it, but not really worth it for plush things) or too worn out, or more blankets/towels than we have space to store them. I think the mentality is "anything is better than nothing," and sometimes it really is, but not at the possible risk of the animals' health. So, in that case, money or Petco gift cards are actually better ways to help out.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I feel like, in real life, I have come across people like this--not necessarily coworkers, but friends of friends, who think that because you share a mutual connection, they have the "right" to be just as familiar with you as the shared friend is (man, I hope that makes sense; I am not articulating it too well). Sometimes it's OK and you organically click quickly, but other times it is so awkward!

That's a good point. I totally got it. I usually don't mind that whole six degrees of familiarity as long as it is positive. But it turns shady when the "familiarity" is used as a cloak to "joke around" and claim playful ribbing even though you are not "cool like that" just yet. That's when it gets tricky cause it's always hard to call someone on that shit without looking like you're overreacting. Sometimes I watch these shows and wish I could be there in background and narrate shit as it happens for the audience and the housewives. "See what Kyle did there? She's talking "privately" to LisaV about LisaR's feelings over Yolanda's bipolar comment but Yolanda is sitting right there and they are at a table full of people. This will most likely spark an uncomfortable conversation, let's see how it goes shall we?" LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Yes, EXACTLY! I feel like it comes from some people not reading social cues too well or just plain trying too hard (and with the latter, it almost feels mean to not just go with it), but all too often, it looks like I am being a humorless stick in the mud! 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Wasn't that after the fact though? I feel like he seemed hesitant when Adrienne told him the news over dinner. But when you know two people, it's natural to be hesitant to readily believe one person and not the other. Maybe I'll rewatch the episode and jog my memory.

I recall Paul, Mauricio and Ken having a guys' night and the subject of Russell's credibility came up in regards to his being a member of the Tiger Club (members have a worth of $50 million and up).  I believe initially collectively the group was publicly giving Russell the benefit of the doubt as they feared for Taylor's safety.  LVP recounted horrible text sent to Taylor while they were filming in Las Vegas. yes, I do believe the cast faked doubt  but it was a question more for Taylor's safety.  Taylor had told the original cast early on-as Camille expressed at the LVP tea.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Did Lisa Rinna ever take any shit for that overwrought beach speech about Yolanda -- the "she scares the hell out of me" and "run for the hills" one?

From who?  The HWs?  I didn't see any.  But had she gone against LVP yet?  If not, that's why. 

I think Eileen was the only one who raised an eyebrow but that's because she already had LVP in her site.

From viewers?  I didn't see any either.  But anything negative about Yolanda was usually applauded. 

• Love 6

After reading Rinna blog I am convinced that Rinna's line "own it" is more about getting the other person to capitulate to her.  She talks about taking her power back from LVP. Huh?  It is one thing to perhaps ask someone if not inviting someone was an oversight or intentional but Rinna and Eileen want more they want someone to "own" being manipulative.  It is kind of like asking someone to own being mean or dishonest.  Rinna just isn't entitled to some soul baring discovery of a co-worker.  Throughout the season Rinna has changed stories, even lied about what her husband supposedly said, no one is asking her to, "own it-you are a liar."    Turning around and saying she owns something is just not the same.   She doesn't "own" what is at the root of her behavior.  It becomes about her self-proclaimed heightened sense of justice or not enabling Kim.   It is kind of like someone saying their biggest flaw is they are just too perfect and lovable and they can't possibly find the time to address all their followers.  

Rinna admitted after the Reunion, she enjoys and is proud of stirring up drama and that she only wished she had by-passed LVP and Kyle and gone straight to Yolanda on camera with her stupid Munchausen tale.  The Munchausen scenario was never really about Yolanda it was about Rinna and her putting forth this fake story about being guilt ridden for talking about Yolanda.  That doesn't indicate she was manipulated, it indicates she puts her storyline (another specious accusation) over Yolanda's feelings.  Rinna knew Yolanda's illness was going to drive the storylines this year and she wanted to be front and center. She also knew hanging out waiting on Yolanda wasn't going to get her screen time as Yolanda dictates who she sees and with who she films.  

I truly believe the others are guilty of listening to off camera and sometimes on camera rants of Rinna's and they are being made to be complicit by listening to the loon.  I doubt there will be a repeat of that next season.

• Love 9

Worst idea ever having Brandi come back to the show.  How would Andy know if LVP as abused forty years ago?  I cannot stand this woman.  I think she needs to sit back a rewind the season and see the three mentions of her name.  Kyle, LVP during the pitch coaching and Eileen and her decorating.  There was no unfair, fair going on.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/06/brandi-glanville-says-lvp-kyle-richards-alliance-not-friendship-plus-claims-lvp-lied-abused-andy-cohen-knows/

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

I hate the gala charities that cost so much to put on that only a very small percentage of profits actually go to the charity.   There was some big charity that had a Non-Event. . . meaning they just asked people to send in the checks, no event, no dinner, no photographs.  It raised a ton of money.  

ITA. Phantom galas are a great idea to fundraising. Re the splashy galas: setting aside the attendees' personal costs (hair, shoes, dress, makeup, whatevs -- it's their money to spend as they please), by the time donations are put into the operating costs, i.e., site rental, band, catering, printing of programs and invites, gift bags (really? yes, unfortunately) and the honorarium for the inevitable showcase guest, the amount raised is somehow (!) substantially lower than is announced (chances are, the amount giddily reported by the MC  is the gross, not the net.) And unless an audit of all funds is demanded, no one really knows how the monies are allocated. Big peeve.

9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

full grammatical gymnastics

Heehee, this so very much.

Edited by steelcitysister
See a typo, fix it up. Then all day you'll have good luck.
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

You know, I think I'm the one who first brought this up.  And I realize your comment isn't aimed at me, but I will speak only for myself here.  I could take the time and energy and spell out what I see as very clear mockery, but really - it's a waste of my time.  A detailed diagram replete with X marks the spot wouldn't be proof enough.  I really don't think a 100% DNA match, finger prints, gun shot residue, eye witness testimony, a full confession, and ten surveillance cameras would do it.  Plus, it's really not worth the immediate onslaught of counter arguments, detailed responses with full grammatical gymnastics, and condescending examples of how I simply don't understand British culture or protective husbands.  I'm watching and posting for entertainment purposes, and don't live and die for these people who really could care less about me.

10 surveillance cameras would definitely be enough! ;)

Personally, I think mocking DV is so downright shitty that it would likely alter my opinion of the person who did it.  And that's why I asked in the first place. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Worst idea ever having Brandi come back to the show.  How would Andy know if LVP as abused forty years ago?  I cannot stand this woman.  I think she needs to sit back a rewind the season and see the three mentions of her name.  Kyle, LVP during the pitch coaching and Eileen and her decorating.  There was no unfair, fair going on.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/06/brandi-glanville-says-lvp-kyle-richards-alliance-not-friendship-plus-claims-lvp-lied-abused-andy-cohen-knows/

Brandi is a sad person. I almost wish Andy would bring her back so I could quit this show all together. I have made my love for LVP known and I haven't made any excuses for her when people say she's manipulative or untrustworthy. I get why people might beleive that. But I wish people wouldn't comment on her abuse allegations or her fat ass. It's a bad look and unnecessary. Why stoop that low when there's so many other things to snark on? Just my feelings and I realize I can choose not to read here. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

Personally, I think mocking DV is so downright shitty that it would likely alter my opinion of the person who did it.  And that's why I asked in the first place. 

This is why I don't like any of the HWs.  Right from the git, I give them all a side eye.  They have to earn my trust. /Yolanda

The only one I ever liked from the start was LVP.  She was a rare bird for me. Season one, she seemed above the petty crap.  Just did her business, was smart, displayed a spicy sense of humor which I enjoy and had a solid marriage.  Now, not so much.

Giving someone heat over DV, an illness, an addiction is what I find downright shitty. I agree with you - It alters my opinion of the person who did it.  And they've all done it.  This franchise is in the toilet.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I recall Paul, Mauricio and Ken having a guys' night and the subject of Russell's credibility came up in regards to his being a member of the Tiger Club (members have a worth of $50 million and up).  I believe initially collectively the group was publicly giving Russell the benefit of the doubt as they feared for Taylor's safety.  LVP recounted horrible text sent to Taylor while they were filming in Las Vegas. yes, I do believe the cast faked doubt  but it was a question more for Taylor's safety.  Taylor had told the original cast early on-as Camille expressed at the LVP tea.

Ohh, that makes sense. The girls did mention keeping quiet so as not to make things difficult for Taylor but it makes sense that the husbands would also be in on that as well.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

Brandi is a sad person. I almost wish Andy would bring her back so I could quit this show all together. I have made my love for LVP known and I haven't made any excuses for her when people say she's manipulative or untrustworthy. I get why people might beleive that. But I wish people wouldn't comment on her abuse allegations or her fat ass. It's a bad look and unnecessary. Why stoop that low when there's so many other things to snark on? Just my feelings and I realize I can choose not to read here. 

Ha!  I was just thinking about Brandi when I wrote that this franchise is in the toilet.  Like, she wouldn't be just one more turd to add to the pile of smoking poo there now?  Like you, I think she might be the addition to make me quit this train wreck once and for all.

I do have to disagree about snarking someone's fat ass or back fat or lips that look like a baboon's backside.  Is that really so much worse than snarking on someone's mental health?  At least you can get surgery or diet/exercise to fix the fat.  Fixing whatever is seriously wrong mentally that would cause someone to fake illnesses, or harm their children by faking their illnesses seems to be much harder.  Therefore, just as bad, if not worse to snark imo.

Maybe when I'm more grown up, I'll realize that it's all wrong.  Or Bravo will bring Brandi back and my snarking on the BH HWs will be over anyway.  Baby steps.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

As far as charities go, I read something somewhere recently about a great many of them actually saying that the best contribution is basically cold hard cash. I won't pretend I remember too many details, and it was probably related specifically to animal-related causes, but it was something about how the average person can't donate significant enough amounts of time and/or aren't well versed in the activities (and training takes more time and money) and that, too often, the things that people donate aren't usable anyway. I feel like I have actually witnessed this on a small scale; well-meaning people stopping by the animal shelter where I volunteer to drop off food that isn't what the animals should be eating per their vet, or toys or bedding that has been used already (this is mostly OK for hard plastic stuff; we sanitize it, but not really worth it for plush things) or too worn out, or more blankets/towels than we have space to store them. I think the mentality is "anything is better than nothing," and sometimes it really is, but not at the possible risk of the animals' health. So, in that case, money or Petco gift cards are actually better ways to help out.

I do think it's very important to ask first, or do a little research before dropping off unsolicited items at a shelter.  My experience is a little different from what you're describing.  I work at a non-profit/non-kill shelter that exclusively houses dog's from county death rows.  I'll spare the details on the county animal control "shelters", because some of them teeter on being as abusive as dog fighters.

But we do make use of used dog beds.  Most are easily washed, and you never know which dog is prone to destroy a soft bed until they've actually done so, so you can go through a lot of them.  We use only high-quality dry dog food, but make use of any type of soft food and treats (in small doses) as treats or positive reinforcement.  Also absolutely essential:  used towels and soft blankets (in good condition), paper towels, and laundry detergent. 

You're right that cash or gift cards are great ways to help out, but I think actually volunteering for labor may be the most important commodity.  From the grunt work of cleaning runs or poop scooping, to walking dogs, mowing the lawns, providing upkeep to the buildings, staffing for adoptions, obedience training to make a dog more adoptable, making vet runs, or simply providing one on one attention (even ten-fifteen minutes picks up their spirits tremendously), it's all essential - my shelter is operated 100% by volunteers, so no money is wasted paying staff.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

I try very hard to avoid commenting on physical attributes people are born with - Kyle's supposed "man hands", for instance - but I'm sure I slip and do so on occasion.  I don't think I've called LVP's ass "fat" or made fun of it, but I have commented that she didn't seem to have it season one, and she doesn't seem to exercise to the militant degree it requires to build a high, hard butt she wasn't born with.  I also have a hard time with providing under-age children with non-essential plastic surgery (I'm talking to you, Yolanda).

I do comment on plastic surgery, because it's almost impossible not to do on this show.  They all seem to have breast implants, most look to have cheek implants, quite a few have nose jobs, and 100% have lip implants or silicone injections.  I try not to be mean-spirited about it.  For instance, once Taylor acknowledged that she knows her top lip is horrible, as well as unfixable, I found I could no longer comment on it.  But it's all rather obvious, and with the exception of Erika and possibly Eileen, it's not really high quality subtle work.

59 minutes ago, Jel said:

10 surveillance cameras would definitely be enough! ;)

I think both LVP and Eileen crossed a line with the other's DV history, but LVP threw the first punch, IMO.

• Love 3

I truly believe the others are guilty of listening to off camera and sometimes on camera rants of Rinna's and they are being made to be complicit by listening to the loon.  I doubt there will be a repeat of that next season.

One thing I strongly believe, is if someone says something negative in my presence and I don't disagree in some way, it's tacit agreement.  In my case it took years to figure this out.  The result is that I'm very straight-forward and have a hard time withholding my opinion when I feel strongly on a subject.  This holds true even in delicate situations involving family.  The one exception is when I'm in nurse mode, because I think it can be appropriate.  But I still struggle when a patient says something particularly nasty, or tinged with racism.  I don't tolerate that shit from anyone.

Anyway, in the housewives' case, I think remaining silent in these situations is often political, and/or playing both sides.  You give the impression you support whomever, but if the tape is shown at a reunion, you can point out that you didn't agree, and claim you were avoiding a fight, remaining neutral, avoiding stirring the crazy, etc.

Worst idea ever having Brandi come back to the show.  How would Andy know if LVP as abused forty years ago?  I cannot stand this woman.  I think she needs to sit back a rewind the season and see the three mentions of her name.  Kyle, LVP during the pitch coaching and Eileen and her decorating.  There was no unfair, fair going on.  http://www.allabouttrh.cAom/2016/05/06/brandi-glanville-says-lvp-kyle-richards-alliance-not-friendship-plus-claims-lvp-lied-abused-andy-cohen-knows/

Even if Andy did disbelieve LVP's claims, I find it hard to believe he would share this with Brandi.

• Love 3

Apparently there was a taped scene between Brandi and LVP where she said no one had ever touched her that way.  (Probably around the Taylor aftermath time.)  That could simply mean that LVP chose not to discuss it though, and since it was so many years ago, and apparently (from the "ONCE") she ended it immediately.  I could understand simply putting something that happened to you as a teen out of your mind after all these years.  Or maybe she really said "No one WOULD ever touch me that way" and Brandi's memory is faulty.  Because, you know, someone did, and they were history immediately.

I do believe that LVP and Kyle have "an alliance" more than a friendship this season.  I've commented on that before Brandi said it.  It was a smart move on LVP's part, considering how the season shook out.  Maybe they were social friends at one time, but that time is long gone.  Kyle prefers people like Faye.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

If Brandi has moved on from this show, as she claimed over and over again after she was fired, why is she even commenting on anything?  If I remember correctly, she made tweets and comments to the press that being fired leaving was the best thing that ever happened to her, she was moving onward and upward, she was over and done with all of the housewives, Andy and Bravo, etc., blah-blah-blah....

And, now, she not only got a chance to be a bitch without any bitch-back from the others, she is also still tweeting and commenting on what happens on the show?  She is just so sad and desperate for attention!!!!

• Love 9

They commented on her, she comments on them.

I like reading Brandi's  insights, right or wrong.  She was there.  She knows these women better than any of us ever will.  So, I find her comments interesting, also, probably true, from her POV, which may not be completely accurate.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

If Brandi has moved on from this show, as she claimed over and over again after she was fired, why is she even commenting on anything?  If I remember correctly, she made tweets and comments to the press that being fired leaving was the best thing that ever happened to her, she was moving onward and upward, she was over and done with all of the housewives, Andy and Bravo, etc., blah-blah-blah....

And, now, she not only got a chance to be a bitch without any bitch-back from the others, she is also still tweeting and commenting on what happens on the show?  She is just so sad and desperate for attention!!!!

She learned that at the Jill Zarin School  of Former Housewives. Don't you remember all those fantastic TV deals Jill she had in the works? I expect to see Brandi on Relationship Bootcamp , where apparently former reality stars go to die.

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

They commented on her, she comments on them.

I like reading Brandi's  insights, right or wrong.  She was there.  She knows these women better than any of us ever will.  So, I find her comments interesting, also, probably true, from her POV, which may not be completely accurate.

I totally wish Brandi did something about her delivery cause in all honesty I don't ever think she is ever that far from the truth with her declarations. Too bad she's so combative cause the message ends up getting lost. However, I will say that on some occasions Brandi did keep her cool for a good amount of button pushing before reacting. I can think of at least 5 separate situations where she tolerated a lot of unnecessary provoking before she finally gave in a pushed back. I think shit like that is the reason why she ended up giving zero fucks and didn't even bother trying to hold back anymore and decided fuck it what's the point. Let's do this and have it out. Why waste time?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

If Brandi has moved on from this show, as she claimed over and over again after she was fired, why is she even commenting on anything?

Because she is still bitter for being kicked off the show and will take any scrap she can get.  Just like she milked her divorce on camera for much more than it was ever worth, she is milking her bitterness over losing out on the RH paycheck and publicity.

I admit I got some satisfaction out of seeing her forced to spew her bs on tape rather than allowed in person as Kim was, though she shouldn't have even gotten that.  That she was willing to do it shows how desperate and thirsty she is, and opened herself up to being dismissed by her elders yet again.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

She learned that at the Jill Zarin School  of Former Housewives. Don't you remember all those fantastic TV deals Jill she had in the works? I expect to see Brandi on Relationship Bootcamp , where apparently former reality stars go to die.

Your expectations will be met!  Famously Single or something like that is airing in June. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

A good show to watch is the episode of Adam Ruins Everything on charity. He does a great job of explaining it all.

• Love 2

I actually might have seen that. And, of course, I speak for only "my" shelter (though I assume that the other very small local ones near me are probably similar) when I mention which donations are "worth" it. There's no washer and dryer on the premises so volunteers take stuff home and do it in our own machines, and the facility is small (hopefully we're getting a little bit of an expansion soon though--everyone cross your fingers!); storage is kept to a minimum so that our free-roaming animals have more space. Also, we are not even two minutes from a Petco so replenishing with donation dough is easy. 

And, yes, everyone--every little bit of time does help when you've got animals who need a loving nudge into interacting with people!  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

I think LVP has a beautiful figure and she wears clothes that really compliment it. I have no ass. That may be why, but to my eye LVP has a very pretty, strong, and feminine body. I'd trade with her in a heartbeat.

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, homeperm said:

A good show to watch is the episode of Adam Ruins Everything on charity. He does a great job of explaining it all.

That whole series is excellent.

33 minutes ago, homeperm said:

I think LVP has a beautiful figure and she wears clothes that really compliment it. I have no ass. That may be why, but to my eye LVP has a very pretty, strong, and feminine body. I'd trade with her in a heartbeat.

I suffer from no ass syndrome myself. The struggle is real!

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I actually might have seen that. And, of course, I speak for only "my" shelter (though I assume that the other very small local ones near me are probably similar) when I mention which donations are "worth" it. There's no washer and dryer on the premises so volunteers take stuff home and do it in our own machines, and the facility is small (hopefully we're getting a little bit of an expansion soon though--everyone cross your fingers!); storage is kept to a minimum so that our free-roaming animals have more space. Also, we are not even two minutes from a Petco so replenishing with donation dough is easy. 

And, yes, everyone--every little bit of time does help when you've got animals who need a loving nudge into interacting with people!  

I volunteer at an all-volunteer wildlife center. There is no way the volunteers could fund it all on our own. We wouldn't even be able to volunteer without the community donations. I am so grateful to the people that donate money. I have one recommendation for your shelter. For the people that want to donate items, have a wishlist online. We have an Amazon wishlist as well. As you already know, shelters have bills to pay and meds to buy. Cash really is best because then we have it on-hand when the bills come in.

That said, I'd love to know what the Global Lyme Alliance spends 3.5 million dollars on? 

• Love 9
Just now, Umbelina said:

I didn't say she was there THIS season. 

Obviously.

Then she can't have any "insights" as to this season and shouldn't have any ability to comment on this season at the reunion. If she had just stuck to making comments about Yolanda and Kim, then no problem but she said something about everyone even though she had no interaction with them this season. At least Kim had some interaction with all of them at Kyle's party and she showed up to face the music in person not like a coward on video only.

• Love 10
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

That whole series is excellent.

I suffer from no ass syndrome myself. The struggle is real!

I agree. Adam Conover is freakishly smart. I've always liked the show, but then I heard him on WTF with Marc Maron, and I realized that he isn't just a host, he's the brains of the show. He is an incredible thinker.

Thank you! The struggle IS real. In sixth grade a boy in my class said that it looked like I swallowed a sheet of loose-leaf paper and it landed in my ass. That was over 40 years ago and I've had a complex ever since. I can't help but admire/envy curvy butts. Will you come to my gala? It's to fund No Butt Syndrome awareness. I'm the guest of honor. 

The award is a sheet of loose-leaf paper, Modge Podged and tacked to a stick.

Edited by homeperm
  • Love 7

The problem with LVP is she brought it up when it suited her...She used something very serious after the fact to make 'her' seen in a better light.

An argument can be made that Eileen did the same. As mentioned, her announcement was a total non sequitur, so it's not surprising that some might question her motivation and timing in bringing it up. It's awful that she was abused, but I don't believe it's out of the realm that she could've been looking to put a shadow on her affair. (Or maybe somehow excuse it? Her intention may not have been for people to wonder if her abusers included one or both of her ex-husbands, but I know my mind went there.)

I commented that she didn't seem to have it season one, and she doesn't seem to exercise to the militant degree it requires to build a high, hard butt she wasn't born with.

She may not have been born with it, but I remember making note of dat ass in S1.

• Love 7