Type keyword(s) to search

"Aren't you the chick from that movie?": Cast In Other Roles

Gigi43

I hope I got the line right from 2Vile's friend in the Pilot. Anyway, I'm watching one of my ultimate guilty pleasure girly movies, A Walk To Remember, for the first time since Lucifer started, and now it's registered that Lauren German is Belinda, the ex-girlfriend of Carter/Shane West. On a shallow note, I think she got better looking with age. Chloe would definitely not approve of the Virgin Mary pictures stunt... 

(edited)
12 hours ago, Sonoma said:

Although very beautiful, LG is also pretty down-to-earth and can be downright goofy (check out her Vines from her CF days), so maybe that's why she has struggled with the pretty Mary Sue type roles.

I was iffy about Chloe in the beginning but really started to warm up to her in "Manly Whatnots" after realizing she was kind of a goofy tomboy, with the chair dancing to "Eye of the Tiger" at the Players presentation, her embarrassment at naked Lucifer, and the amusingly abrupt way she dismissed the guy at the Players afterparty after realizing he had no info to offer.

On Twitter Q&A's, when asked who the funniest cast member is, Lauren is always mentioned along with Tom. (They say Tom's sense of humor is exactly the same as Lucifer's. Heh.)

I recognized Lauren from Happy Town and DB Woodside from Buffy, 24, Hellcats and a zillion guest star roles. I thought those were the only castmembers I had seen in other roles. I went through the Lucifer promos and first few episodes thinking I had never seen Tom in anything before Lucifer, until someone posted a link to his CV and I realized I had seen him in Doctor Who, Merlin, Once Upon a Time, The Strain and bits of Rush without him making any memorable impression on me. Go figure. Usually, I'm good at recognizing when I've seen a face before, even if I can't place where, e.g. on Defiance, the characters Datak Tarr and Alak Tarr were immediately familiar to me even under all the white alien makeup, and after checking IMDb, I found out I had seen the actors as guest-stars on Doctor Who and Being Human respectively.

Edited by vampdetective
(edited)

I know it's been mentioned on various threads that Tom Ellis was in the UK sitcom Miranda (starring Miranda Hart, aka Chummy from Call the Midwife), but if anyone's unaware, most of the series is available for free on Hulu. Definitely worth checking out if only to appreciate Ellis's range as an actor. (His character, Gary, is decidedly un-Lucifer-like. But definitely adorable!)

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=miranda

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 4

Kevin Alejandro was in True Blood for 2 or 3 seasons.  He was also in season 2 of Arrow.  I kept expecting Malcolm to kill him in season 1 because he died on both shows.   lol

D. B. Woodside was in 24 and Buffy.

Aimee Garcia was in Dexter.  

You guys have already mentioned many of the roles that I've seen from cast members, but I'll add a few that haven't been mentioned yet.

Lesley-Ann Brandt was in Spartacus and the New Zealand comedy series Diplomatic Immunity.

Rachael Harris was the main character's mother on the short-lived comedy Surviving Jack.

Aimee Garcia was the main character's sister on the WB comedy Greetings from Tucson.

And Tricia Helfer was on the Battlestar Galactica remake.

I marathoned through Rush... I did enjoy it. Ellis was good. Dr. Rush wasn't as well written and nuanced as Lucifer, but Ellis still seemed to have fun with the character. But it also made me appreciate how much better the team behind Lucifer is. Though Ellis' talent is undeniable in both, Lucifer IS award worthy performance, due to among other things great opposing cast and writing.

I went to Comic Con in Chicago and there was no Lucifer... anywhere... not in artist alley, not in knick knacks booths... I wish this fandom was larger... Not because I want bunch of funko pops (well, that too lol) but EVERYBODY needs more Lucifer in their lives lol

• Love 1

I was re-watching Burn Notice this evening. Season 2, Episode 2 - Kevin Alejandro and Tricia Helfer were both in the same episode.  They didn't have any scenes together. This episode is where my dislike of Tricia Helfer started and never went away.  I didn't like her in her episode of Supernatural either.

Things change though. I never liked Sharon Gless in anything until she played Michael Weston's mother. So, you never know. 

On 11/5/2017 at 9:39 PM, Commando Cody said:

I was re-watching Burn Notice this evening. Season 2, Episode 2 - Kevin Alejandro and Tricia Helfer were both in the same episode.  They didn't have any scenes together. This episode is where my dislike of Tricia Helfer started and never went away.  I didn't like her in her episode of Supernatural either.

Things change though. I never liked Sharon Gless in anything until she played Michael Weston's mother. So, you never know. 

You should watch Tricia Helfer in Battlestar Galactica playing multiple versions of "number 6."  Best to keep your comfort food and anti-depressants topped off, it can get pretty dark.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

Over the holidays I ended up with a lot of Monk on TV kind of half in the background while doing other things.  And I saw Dr. Linda in one episode!  I was totally caught by her voice, an d she looked so much the same, even though that had to be 10 years ago.  Spoiler--she played the murderer!  And had a pretty good plan and probably would have gotten away with it if not for Adrian Monk!

She was delightful and it was cool to see her play someone else (although in my head cannon now, there's a small episode where she had to get herself out of a murder charge before she went to get her medical degree!).

Dr. Linda was great in an ep of CSI, where she is AWESOME. It's the episode directed by the 2 1/2 Men guy. Fun ep.

I can't remember her in Monk. Must have been one of Natalie's eps. I kind of stopped watching when Natalie showed up. I'll have to go find that ep. And yes, she does not age. Must be that deal she made with the Devil *wink*

• Love 2

I saw DB Woodhouse in The Temptations TV movie (1998) on Monday. I knew I knew him but it took half the movie for me to place him as Amendiel. He had a lot more hair back then. He was very good in the Temptation role.

Edited by Ria

Miranda was my intro to Tom (and Miranda, and Sarah, and the entire cast I adore) and it's definitely my favourite thing he's done. But Lucifer is a close second. He was also on Catherine Tate's old sketch show when he was even younger. And he was in a couple episodes of Doctor Who during Series 3.

3 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Not technically another role, but the same role on a different show. Tom Ellis made a short appearance as Lucifer in the Flash portion of the Arrowverse crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The Crisis on Infinite Earths writers seemed to have given Lucifer the attitude of "Chloe, Who Dat?".

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

The Crisis on Infinite Earths writers seemed to have given Lucifer the attitude of "Chloe, Who Dat?".

Did see it yet but read that it took place before he came to LA and started Lux

5 minutes ago, hoopznyo said:

Did see it yet but read that it took place before he came to LA and started Lux

That's a little weird since I thought all the Earths were running at roughly the same current time frame. They did a lot of story time twisting to get the Batwoman time frame into alignment with the rest of the CW Earths.

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

They've been time traveling. We met Lucifer when he was still in hell and didn't take his vacation to Earth yet. 

I am not sure I agree with they did the time traveling part. Didn't it say something like Earth-666? Anyway not enjoying The Crisis on Infinite Earths, to much fan service, not enough plot. Just one big FanWank.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I assumed that was a rights thing.  Lucifer, Maze and Amenadiel were all in the original book, but Chloe, Dr. Linda and the rest were all created for the show so they probably could not be mentioned.

So I was watching a Friends rerun on Nick At Nite a few nights back and saw "The One Where Rachel Has A Baby: Part One." You'll recall that Rachel is put into a semi-private room during labor. Right after Ross the idiot climbs into the other bed in the room and puts his feet into the stirrups, they bring in the first of several roommates in a wheelchair. Mom #1 is Dr. Linda, Rachael Harris! And, her husband is played by Tim DeKay who played Professor Carlisle, who poisoned Chloe (and others) in Season 2. 

• Useful 1

Tom is also in a BBC show called Monday, Monday.   Kinda like The Office. 

There were scheduling problems at the time, so when they finally showed the series a year later, they ended up cancelling it aft that season.  I believe it’s before Miranda.  In fact, Miranda Hart has a small role in the series, too. 

It’s pretty good, but sometimes he’s a douchebag of a character.  Holly Aird & Fay Ridley are fantastic.  You can find it on YouTube.

On 8/1/2020 at 3:21 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Rachel Harris is probably best known as the mom in the first three Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies. She also used to do a series of commercials for rice cakes.

Rachael Harris was also in the Disney movie, Haunted Mansion, with Eddie Murphy.  She is a prospective home buyer that Eddie Murphy’s character is trying to show a home to when his wife calls him.

Scarlett Estevez (Trixie) will play Violet in the new Disney Channel series Ultra Violet & Blue Demon

The series unfolds as a magical luchador mask selects 13-year-old Violet to become Ultra, the superhero successor to her uncle, who is the famous Mexican wrestler Blue Demon Jr. and a superhero-in-disguise. Ultra begins her own secret superhero training with her uncle, all while having to navigate the ups and downs of middle school. As they start to work together, Uncle Blue realizes he can learn a few things from Ultra's modern Gen-Z take on crime-fighting.

• Love 4

Aimee Garcia To Join Hulu’s ‘Woke’ In Season 2

The Hulu series Woke, co-created by Keith Knight and Marshall Todd, centers on Keef Knight (Lamorne Morris), an African-American cartoonist who finds himself on the verge of mainstream success when an unexpected incident changes his life. With a newfound consciousness, Keef must navigate the new voices and ideas challenging him, all without setting fire to everything he’s already built.

In the Woke Season 2, Aimee Garcia will play Laura Salgado, a likable but formidable self-made Silicon Valley venture capitalist who is interested in working with Knight.

Netflix Orders ‘Exploding Kittens’ Animated Series Starring Tom Ellis and Lucy Liu; Mobile Game to Launch in May

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflix-orders-exploding-kittens-animated-160031394.html

Netflix has ordered an adult animated series based on the card game “Exploding Kittens,” starring “Lucifer” star Tom Ellis and Lucy Liu. A new mobile game adaptation, “Exploding Kittens – The Game,” is being co-developed and will launch via the streamer in May, well ahead of the TV show’s planned 2023 debut.

The show, which is executive produced by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels, follows the eternal conflict between Heaven and Hell as it reaches epic proportions when both God and the Devil are sent to Earth – in the bodies of chunky house cats.

I hope Tom will be voicing the God cat. Lucy Liu would do very well as the Devil cat.