Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/25/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (“Game of Thrones”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday: Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Broadway’s “Fully Committed”; ABC’s “Modern Family”).

Wednesday: Former Texas governor Rick Perry.

Thursday: Day of Hot Topics.

Friday: Day of Hot Topics.

• Love 1

Show is live. Whoopi, CCB, Joy, Michelle, Paula.

Whoopi is right-off-the-bat scolding people for not getting their information right before they verbally attack someone.

You first, Whoopi!

Wow. Pot/kettle

• Love 7

Padma Lakshmi joins the table to talk about sex on TV shows.

Lord Gawd. CCB consistently acts like a 13 year old whenever sex is brought up.

Joy said The Walking Dead perfectly describes her sex life. Heh.

Ahhh, Padma is REALLY there to shill chai tea for Keurig.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 7

Whoopi and Michelle gush all over Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Whoopi flings her leg onto the table top thinking it's sexy or something. I am an unabashed fan of Game of Thrones, so I can see why they would be verklempt.

Oops, here comes Stacy London. *click*

• Love 6

Did they mention Prince at all?  I was hoping Whoopi had a cool Prince story.

Why?  She was first out of the gate tweeting about him though.  I don't think they even mentioned him, meanwhile here in the Minneapolis area, it's rained since we heard the news except for the hot minute the sun came out on Thursday and gave us the rainbow over Paisley Park.  Yes, I'm still in deep mourning.

I wish we could get a day or two before everywhere has headlines or talks about GoT, since you know, some of us wait a day or two to watch.

• Love 6

Jesus, does Michelle have to throw herself at every person with a penis? STOP IT> Even if he's married...... sheesh

I thought they did a huge segment on Prince last week right after his death. I've watched so many I may be mistaken. But no.... they were all in purple with Raven in red.

• Love 3

Watched a little bit. Joy asks about the meaning of "Becky with the good hair". Whoopi does her dramatic act, looking at the audience, flailing around, throwing her arms around. Joy asks again, and Whoopi reacts again, then only says it's a " conversation for another day." Wtf?

Then they bring up Bernie Sanders and his team and recent attacks on Hillary. So Paula reads some comments that Hillary supporters had made about feminism early in the campaign. And that is as far as the "discussion" goes.

Ten minutes in, and I would rather do something else. Anything else.

• Love 7

They talked about Prince last Friday. They interviewed Sheila E. and Ceelo (sp?) about him. They showed Whoopi's and CCB's tweets. So not getting any stories from Whoopi isn't a disservice to Prince, I don't think.

I just ignored what nonsense they were saying when Nicolaj was there, and basked in his pretty, while trying to see if I could hear his accent, which is very light.

Unless it's about her smugging about how hot her sex life is, Candace always acts as if sex is a DIRTY word and makes her UNCOMFORTABLE. I was grateful she wasn't there for the interview.

Same old same old about politics, so I wasn't really paying attention. Except I thought Drumf's new handlers said he was going to be "Presidential?" How is continuing to call Cruz, "Lyin' Cruz" and whatever name he's calling Kasich, acting Presidential?

• Love 3

It was puzzling to have Padma suddenly inserted into the show, talk about sex and watching tv, then she started promoting Tazo tea, her real purpose for being there I guess. Then poof, she's gone. What happened to her being a co-host substitute? 

I do love Nicholaj. He is beautiful and seems charming to boot. How uncomfortable was it to have Michelle fawning over him constantly? I wish she would learn to restrain herself, but I don't think she can help it.

On Wednesday the guest is Rick Perry. Are they really that hard up to invite that bozo?

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

It was puzzling to have Padma suddenly inserted into the show, talk about sex and watching tv, then she started promoting Tazo tea, her real purpose for being there I guess. Then poof, she's gone. What happened to her being a co-host substitute? 

I do love Nicholaj. He is beautiful and seems charming to boot. How uncomfortable was it to have Michelle fawning over him constantly? I wish she would learn to restrain herself, but I don't think she can help it.

On Wednesday the guest is Rick Perry. Are they really that hard up to invite that bozo?

I have always had the impression that Padma intimidated the other ladies, especially Ms Whoopie. She is intelligent, worldly, sophisticated and so damn beautiful..It is the same reason that Brooke Shields was never made a co-host..I remember when she was auditioning a while back and nothing came of it...

• Love 5

This show was a pile of crap. Good bye

Thank you, jpxfactor.  You made me laugh and gave me back 35 minutes of my day. 

No mention of Prince at all!

I don't care if they talked it about it on Friday - Whoopi wasn't there she could have said something today but then her tweet last week looked like it was plagiarized from Oprah so maybe she should keep her mouth shut. .   A lot of tributes were paid this weekend (Springsteen, SNL, even Face the Nation mentioned Prince, the tributes etc!)  NextIteration, I'm with you. 

• Love 5

"Im a doof, but Becky with the good hair went over my head too."

Becky means a white girl and can also mean a girl who gives head. The good hair suggests again that she is white or has hair like a white girl.

I didn't watch the show today because I decided to sleep in. It sounds like that was an excellent choice.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4

I don't care if they talked it about it on Friday - Whoopi wasn't there she could have said something today but then her tweet last week looked like it was plagiarized from Oprah so maybe she should keep her mouth shut. .   A lot of tributes were paid this weekend (Springsteen, SNL, even Face the Nation mentioned Prince, the tributes etc!)  NextIteration, I'm with you. 

The reason I didn't mind not having Whoopi talk about Prince was because she would have somehow made it all about HER. No thanks.

• Love 8

Paula has this weird way of holding her head when speaking. She tucks her chin way down and looks at whomever she's speaking to as if she's looking over the top of reading glasses. This clip shows what I'm talking about -

https://www.facebook.com/TheView/?fref=ts

Sorry about that. Link didn't work. But if you're on FB you can go to The View's FB page and look at the segment with NC-W.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 1

Today's show was the set up originally planned for the show. They had 5 of the 6 regular co host and featured 2 contributers. and I hate it. YEah this years set up isn't good so go back to the rotating guest. Thursday and Friday with Melissa and Sunny and Joy moderating were honestly good shows.

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 3

Whoopi and Michelle gush all over Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Whoopi flings her leg onto the table top thinking it's sexy or something. I am an unabashed fan of Game of Thrones, so I can see why they would be verklempt.

Oops, here comes Stacy London. *click*

I am so glad I missed Whoopi and her leg today! LOL

• Love 3

Whoopi says she loves the comedian Louie CK..So does Nikolaj.

Louie CK cracks me up.

Guess a stopped clock is right two times a day. I used to love Whoopi, but her stint on the view makes me cringe at her .

Whoopi loves the comedian Louie CK..So does Nikolaj.

Louie CK cracks me up.

Guess a stopped clock is right two times a day. I used to love Whoopi, but her stint on the view makes me cringe at her .

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5

The reason I didn't mind not having Whoopi talk about Prince was because she would have somehow made it all about HER. No thanks.

WORD.

And it went over your head not once but twice!!  LOLOLOL

HEE! yes! dang wonky laptop

• Love 2

"Im a doof, but Becky with the good hair went over my head too."

Becky means a white girl and can also mean a girl who gives head. The good hair suggests again that she is white or has hair like a white girl.

I didn't watch the show today because I decided to sleep in. It sounds like that was an excellent choice.

OK, now Miss Whoopi's looks to the audience make sense.   I figured it meant white girl, but that wouldn't be enough for her reaction.

• Love 1

My 47 year old daughter Rebecca, (who we've always called Becky) was dying laughing when I read her the description GiveMeSpace wrote.

Neither of us had heard of that before. Who says The View isn't educational occasionally? ;-)

• Love 5

I was totally expecting whoopi to break into her valley girl routine. Thank goodness we were spared. Unfortunately, joy is still clueless about what a becky is.

From sir mixalots 80s hit "oh my god, becky, look at her butt. It's so big."

No, candace, a becky does not have a big butt.

• Love 1

Rick Perry may be coming on to talk about prison reform. Even though he was not the originator or the driving force behind the reform, he has been taking all the credit. Texas has been able to close three prisons. Hate Rick Perry! Gag!!

• Love 2

I liked Michelle's comments on Trump supposedly disappearing if he lost the nomination. You know he'll be yapping everywhere for months and probably throughout the new president's 4 years.

Really boring show today because of fluff topics. But having no Raven to deal with was a godsend. And Padma, even if she didn't get to do anything...

It is the same reason that Brooke Shields was never made a co-host..I remember when she was auditioning a while back and nothing came of it...
How women like Padma and Brooke Shields aren't on this show, but Candace and Raven are is a mystery. And a travesty. Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3

Hello everyone. As a reminder, the forums will be undergoing a scheduled downtime tomorrow morning into the evening. Please see the announcement here. This will be a major upgrade and your read/unread data will not be transferred. Have a good day!

Paula can go suck eggs. She was saying that women should not diss other women, in regards to Beyonce 's video,  and how come they haven't started yet?  Um, ever heard of feminism, Paula?

It's morons like you who don't campaign for more intelligent hot topics on a show for women that keep women from progressing on popular culture media. 

• Love 4

When Ricky said something about Whoopi having a time limit on The View and being voted off I wasn't sure what to make of her reaction. Ricky's whole appearance was a lot of word salad and his answers sounded like male versions of what Elizabitch would have said or the answers that CCB/BAB give more times then not. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Jaded said:

When Ricky said something about Whoopi having a time limit on The View and being voted off I wasn't sure what to make of her reaction.

And I noticed Joy glanced off camera to someone with a smirk.  More evidence Whoopi is on her way out?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1

Raven says that Trump has "been in the industry a long time, like me".   WTF?   Raven was a child actor.  Trump was a millionaire business man BEFORE being on a tv show.  Raven thinks his time on TV proves that he knows how to get along with people.  She so obviously never saw Celebrity Apprentice.   It was Trump's show -  totally about his ego.   he chose the celebs, he put them on teams, he chose the tasks, he set up the challenges, he decided which team won, and HE decided who got fired each week.  THEN, he took credit for all the charitable contributions the show raised.

Raven says Trump learned from that?  he didn't have to get along with anyone, compromise, negotiate, etc.   It was a massive ego trip, with one man as king.  But somehow, to Raven, because Trump was on TV, he has the people skills to run the country.

I loved Sunny bringing up all the BAD business stuff, lawsuits, etc,  about Trump who tends to rest on his laurels as a "successful business man". 

• Love 5

Raven is a complete dolt.  I hate how everything in life is someone else's responsibility with her.   Today it was lawyers should make sure all people "in the industry" have wills.  You want a will Symoron?  Call a lawyer yourself and arrange for one to be written.

Rick Perry looked a little startled when Whoopie went after him.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Jaded said:

When Ricky said something about Whoopi having a time limit on The View and being voted off I wasn't sure what to make of her reaction. Ricky's whole appearance was a lot of word salad and his answers sounded like male versions of what Elizabitch would have said or the answers that CCB/BAB give more times then not. 

Yeah, Whoopi was hollering and cheering over the prospect of her time at The View being limited.   For a few months she seemed to be phoning it in, more recently she seemed like she was back on board to make the show better.   But now - yeah, she is unhappy with having to show up.

Did anyone else notice that Miss WHoopi's voice changes when she's around certain people?  When talking to Jesse  Tyler Ferguson the other day, about his one-man show, and how great the theater was, there was a little affectation in her voice, almost a put-on accent.  It's not the first time I heard her do this, and pretty often it seems to be when she's trying to impress people with her knowledge of "theater".  It's like she is trying to speak on a different level than she does to us "regular folks."

• Love 5

CCB makes me want to vomit. "Well, if her cabinet is half women, they better be qualified!!" GACK

Does she say that about the male cabinet members? Pass the Pepto. Go home and have some hot sex, for your huzzbin's eyes only, CCB.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 9

I noticed Whoops' voice change too when speaking to certain people, but couldn't put my finger on it ! YES! A tiny bit of some kind of ... IDK... accent or affectation.

I hate how when Sunny wants to make some point that maybe she thinks wont be well received, so she cocks her head to the side and talks in a slight baby voice. STOP IT>  Watch for it. It is subtle, but it's there.

Excuse my bad syntax. *snort*

• Love 5

That interview was almost more intense than the one with Ben Carson a couple of weeks ago. And both times it was because of Whoopi.

No, Rick Perry, term limits should not be extended. All that means is that candidates that aren't liked can stay around longer to do more damage. It was funny he brought up Al Gore in response to Sunny--and Joy's reaction. Why overturn "the will of the people" in Gore's case, but not Trump's?

I do agree with Whoopi that Cruz isn't much better than Trump. Kasich, maybe.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ari333 said:

CCB makes me want to vomit. "Well, if her cabinet is half women, they better be qualified!!" GACK

Does she say that about the male cabinet members? Pass the Pepto. Go home and have some hot sex, for your huzzbin's eyes only, CCB.

OMG!!!!  WTF does CCB think she is?  She is going to question Hillary's ability to choose qualified people to work with her?  And just who will decide if they are qualified?  Her almighty God?  Or would it be Hillary's husband since CCB seems to think women should let men decide everything.

And Raven is a complete and utter moron.  Her always somehow relating everything and everyone to "the industry" is beyond annoying.  She does know there is more to life than show business and social media right?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

OMG!!!!  WTF does CCB think she is?  She is going to question Hillary's ability to choose qualified people to work with her?  And just who will decide if they are qualified?  Her almighty God?  Or would it be Hillary's husband since CCB seems to think women should let men decide everything.

And Raven is a complete and utter moron.  Her always somehow relating everything and everyone to "the industry" is beyond annoying.  She does know there is more to life than show business and social media right?

PREACH!

Just bc CCB is a moron  doesn't mean that every other woman is too.  CCB needs to shutty. I cant watch much more of this.

It is getting to Bits' levels of cray.

• Love 6

The clip they showed of Hilary kind of drew me in. I wasn't a huge fan before, but Im becoming one. Frankly I think Im for anything that makes tRump's head explode.  Yeah, I said it. He is dangerous (imo) I sort of wish they'd stop giving him attention with those clips, but people need to see the venom he spews and some folks don't watch news. So it serves a purpose to expose his hatefulness.

• Love 3