Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

Michaela was shown in the preview, so I'm guessing that's why she was announced over Zeke.

Poor Russell is complaining on twitter that nobody called him to be on the Game Changer season. lol

Well, Russell would qualify as more of a game changer than half the cast.  But then again, so would probably 50 other Survivors, too.  I like Russell, and while I wouldn't care if he came back or not, he'd no doubt be another early boot.  Unless his tribe went on a winning streak to the merge, but even then, he'd be gone.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

I was going to ask how getting medevaced for heat stroke (or whatever Caleb did) darn early in the game counts as being a game changer, but Jeff anticipated that question:

And then we brought back Caleb, another example of how far we went to examine what a Game Changer is. You could argue Caleb wasn’t even in long enough to change the game, and I would argue that guy nearly gave up his life to change the game. If he isn’t a Game Changer, who is? So that’s my definition of game changer.

In other words, it doesn't count except to Jeff since people have almost died before (hi, Russell S!), but Jeff wanted Caleb back. :P

It sounds like the season starts off boring.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I was going to ask how getting medevaced for heat stroke (or whatever Caleb did) darn early in the game counts as being a game changer, but Jeff anticipated that question:

In other words, it doesn't count except to Jeff since people have almost died before (hi, Russell S!), but Jeff wanted Caleb back. :P

It sounds like the season starts off boring.

Well geez, if that's your criterion, Jeff, why don't you invite Bruce back while you're at it...

Oh that's right because you wanted Caleb back and was willing to fanwank any reason to get him back ?

• Love 3

Zeke and Michaela invited back, but not Hannah, Jay or David. How? I mean, maybe David didn't want to, but Jay has explicitly said he does and I can't imagine "super fan" Hannah turning it down. I guess Michaela is their token, which is understandable, if incredibly sad. I will never understand having Zeke back over more interesting players, though. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, azshadowwalker said:

Zeke and Michaela invited back, but not Hannah, Jay or David. How? I mean, maybe David didn't want to, but Jay has explicitly said he does and I can't imagine "super fan" Hannah turning it down. I guess Michaela is their token, which is understandable, if incredibly sad. I will never understand having Zeke back over more interesting players, though. 

I get why Michaela was invited back (besides the reason you mentioned).  She seemed popular this season, and was definitely one of the more memorable characters.  Especially for a pre-merge boot.  S34 aside, I still believe she would have gotten the same amount of airtime and edit that she did.  Unlike some of the others this season, I'll remember her.  Zeke I'm surprised by after watching the show.  For starters, I'm floored both went out as early as they did.  Since Michaela was an early boot, I thought for sure that meant Zeke was going really deep.  Probst loved the guy.  I think that's the #1 reason he's back.  The other one, is that maybe they couldn't get their first choice from this season.  I'm sure they assumed David would be popular, but I don't know if they expected it of the likes of Jay and Hannah in the end.  Of course, Hannah's popularity might be iffy, depending who you talk to.  Also, Ken is another one.  He said he would drop everything and go the minute he got the call.  But maybe they figured Zeke was going to be super popular, people would love the discount Magnum PI appeal of him, and think he had so much more game in him, especially since he was idoled out.  However, I don't believe he was all that popular when he left.  Didn't he catch a lot of flack on SM because of him and Bret picking on David at the previous TC?

Then again, Jeff should just come out and say "these aren't all our first choices, but it's the best we could do.  Also, some of these people would never get on a fan voted season-see Troyzan and Brad-but we want to force them on the fans anyone, so screw them."

• Love 7
On 12/15/2016 at 0:33 AM, LanceM said:

Poor Russell is complaining on twitter that nobody called him to be on the Game Changer season. lol

I made the mistake of posting here, and I've read stuff in "My Content" that I'm hoping are rumors because I liked being surprised. With that said . . . do you have a link of that? Maybe Probst can spring for Russell to come to the Reunion, brag about how he's the greatest player ever, then cry like a punk when nobody takes him seriously. And then Sandra can set his hat on fire. Seriously, the man is basically Yosemite Sam.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, JaggedLilPill said:

Maybe I blocked out the Culepepper parts from his season, but what did he do to be deemed a game changer? I mean, really now. 

The only thing I can remotely think of as a "game-changing move" from him is him "convincing" (read: ordering) his wife to burn a clue for an HII that she received at RI from the other tribe.  And that's a stretch at best.

1 hour ago, SVNBob said:

The only thing I can remotely think of as a "game-changing move" from him is him "convincing" (read: ordering) his wife to burn a clue for an HII that she received at RI from the other tribe.  And that's a stretch at best.

Well when part of your criteria for game changing is getting hurt and "almost dying" I guess after that, anything seems "game changing" to Probst.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Well when part of your criteria for game changing is getting hurt and "almost dying" I guess after that, anything seems "game changing" to Probst.

So does getting one confessional about being an alleged swing vote, then doing nothing the rest of the season (looking at Sierra for that one).

• Love 4
16 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Zeke play again personally, but in terms of popularity, he has nothing on Jay or David. I guess Probst just really likes him and thinks he's such a mastermind. But I'm kind of glad Jay or David is not on this season, with most of the other players I'm not fond of or worse, can't even remember, lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So does getting one confessional about being an alleged swing vote, then doing nothing the rest of the season (looking at Sierra for that one).

I think, at this point, there are way more players coming back who are NOT game changers than who actually are. 

I love Ozzy, but even I am struggling with that one. Can anyone help me with how they are describing his game changing abilities? The "f'ing stick" idol he created for Jason in FvF?

Though really the only true game changers by definition would be Hatch and Sandra. Maybe JT not getting a single vote cast against him - but I fail to see how he actively caused that one? Possibly a few others...though I may easily just be forgetting game changing moments. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Zeke play again personally, but in terms of popularity, he has nothing on Jay or David. I guess Probst just really likes him and thinks he's such a mastermind. But I'm kind of glad Jay or David is not on this season, with most of the other players I'm not fond of or worse, can't even remember, lol.

I was disappointed too but then I thought, this could mean Jay and David will be on another/better season than with these laugh riots.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I think, at this point, there are way more players coming back who are NOT game changers than who actually are. 

I love Ozzy, but even I am struggling with that one. Can anyone help me with how they are describing his game changing abilities? The "f'ing stick" idol he created for Jason in FvF?

Though really the only true game changers by definition would be Hatch and Sandra. Maybe JT not getting a single vote cast against him - but I fail to see how he actively caused that one? Possibly a few others...though I may easily just be forgetting game changing moments. 

Throwing the second IC to get rid of a lovestruck Billy, so he didn't humiliate himself later on when he declared his love to Candice as she made out with her real island boyfriend Adam?  Yeah, that's reaching, but they will be for everybody.  My guess is they'll use Ozzy's challenge dominance and being a provider at camp.  Perhaps throw in how he rallied the Aitu 4 to overcome the odds during CI (yeah, it wasn't just him, but they can pretend for the sake of argument).

I was disappointed too but then I thought, this could mean Jay and David will be on another/better season than with these laugh riots.

Spoiler

Rumor has it S36 is going to be a FvsF season, so that might be where we see Jay and/or David return.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

Ozzy changed the game by being the first person Probst went out of his way to try to swing the game towards.  He had had preferences before, but it was never quite so obvious and he wasn't like "hey jury, vote for X" before Cook Islands and Ozzy.  Afterwards, he did this constantly.

Though there were some women who he pointed out for sucking incessantly (thinking Lydia in Guatemala in particular).

• Love 1
On 12/15/2016 at 11:19 AM, LadyChatts said:

i really can't wait to see him justify how Sierra is a game changer.  That'll be a good one.

When Jeffy introduced her, I heard him mutter "she voted out her mom!" This is another one he's super-stretching to make fit into the theme. Ugh!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Katmai said:

When Jeffy introduced her, I heard him mutter "she voted out her mom!" This is another one he's super-stretching to make fit into the theme. Ugh!

That's Ciera, who did vote out her mom, Laura, on the first Blood vs Water and who was on the jury for Second Chances.

But the "game changer" who is probably the biggest stretch on the next cast and the one @LadyChatts was referring to is Sierra from Worlds Apart. Who did absolutely nothing at all strategy-wise or to counteract the rest of her toxic, a-hole cast. If she was memorable for anything, it was for how her real eyebrows grew in over her badly tattooed eyebrows over the course of the season...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, omophagia said:

That's Ciera, who did vote out her mom, Laura, on the first Blood vs Water and who was on the jury for Second Chances.

But the "game changer" who is probably the biggest stretch on the next cast and the one @LadyChatts was referring to is Sierra from Worlds Apart. Who did absolutely nothing at all strategy-wise or to counteract the rest of her toxic, a-hole cast. If she was memorable for anything, it was for how her real eyebrows grew in over her badly tattooed eyebrows over the course of the season...

Oh yeah, that was the Sierra I meant.  Although considering the only thing Jeff can ever mention about the more memorable Ciera is the fact she voted out her mom makes me think calling her a game changer is equally a stretch (her mom was already going home, it wasn't like she orchestrated some big blindside of her). 

I guess  we can call them mom Ciera and eyebrows Sierra.  I'm honestly stunned that Sierra was even up for consideration to ever return.  If they were looking for someone to fill the hot girl role, they couldn't have picked someone more memorable?  Though maybe they are hoping she'll be one that comes back and ends up making a big mark on the game.  I'm not counting on it, but we'll see.

• Love 1

I think it was a timing issue. If I recall Redmond said that Natalie had to pull herself very late in the process and they had a to find someone quickly to fill that spot and since none of the Dirty 30 except for Hali has a job they called Sierra.

Edited by LanceM

Well onto this season. Theres a pretty good write up on the CTS forum that analyzes the images and confirms about 10 people who can't be the first boot. Michaela is safe till the merge, because of her buff picture being yellow and no yellow buff in starting tribes or swapped tribes. 

http://clubsthatsuck.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=509&st=380&#entry127617

Theres a couple unverified bootlists out there, but those had Michaela as pre-merge which we know now is untrue so I wouldn't take those bootlists seriously at this point.

• Love 2
On 12/19/2016 at 7:36 PM, gator12 said:

Wait, none of the Dirty 30 has a job? 

No. It is just a running joke amongst the Survivor fan community because that group was always together week after week posting pics on twitter and instagram apparently flying  all over the country to visit each other. 

(Except for Hali who deleted her twitter account and was rarely seen in any of those pics)

Why is Troyzan's the only pic to have a close up of his face?  I am really just having a hard time getting into this cast.  The title clearly doesn't help, but even seeing Ozzy for the 4th time...there just needs to be a point where TPTB need to say 'this person isn't winning, and the more they are brought back, the earlier they are likely to be voted off.'  Sierra may float through another season since no one will consider her a threat.  Same with Sarah.  

Hali isn't going in as a threat, but I really hope she proves the naysayers wrong and gets to really play the game this time.

Edited by LadyChatts
6 hours ago, LanceM said:

I mean who doesn't want to see a close up of Troyzan's face?  lol

It actually scared me because I wasn't expecting it lol  Some of those photos are just kind of weird.  I feel like someone is holding a gun on JT in his.  He just looks so awkward.  I wish Zeke had worn the Hawaiian shirt again.  Andrea doesn't seem like she ages.  I didn't even recognize Debbie (maybe because there weren't 100 different occupations listed in the photo).

Can't wait for the season to get underway!  

Edited by LadyChatts

We could have called this season “Move Makers” or whatever, but it seemed like “Game Changers” because the game changes as a result of moves. You have to be willing to make those moves. And there are definitely people here whose moves have not worked. They’re still game changers to me. I guess you’re going to have to look at it through my filter which is having the courage to try something without any certainty that it will work. 

Probst's spin has begun!  A couple of posters here called it when they said they would frame this season as people who could change the game.

And some of the twists (I guess) this season according to this article: tribes are getting split into 3 after 2 episodes, like Second Chances (if Varner is still around, wonder if they'll have Game Changers version of Angkor and he winds up on it).  Idols are being hidden everywhere-challenges, TC, the camp.  Probst says there's no theme, but I never thought there was a theme with idols to begin with?

http://xfn-blogs.xfinity.com/tv/2017/02/08/survivor-host-jeff-probst-game-changers-theme-idols-twists/

Also, not so much spoilers, but didn't know if I could post that article elsewhere since it does have things happening this season.  Anyway, two other points Probst made:

I see that in Ciera Eastin. Her biggest thing people remember is her yelling for people to play the game, she voted out her mom, she forced a rock draw.

Um, whose the one that always introduces Ciera as the girl who voted out her own mom?  And the cast video shows only the bit of Ciera's game where she voted her mom out.  That's not on the fans.  I agree that the rock draw was a more impressive move.

Gordon got talking to Jeff about Koah Rong and the jury (it seemed random why this got brought up, other than Jeff did mention before they were thinking of doing something new with the jury this season).  Anyway he really can not waste an opportunity to take a swipe at the outcome.  I don't like Michele or agree with her win, but I feel sorry for her that even the host gets digs in at her win.

But, I have to say, with the exceptions of “Kaoh Rong,” we’ve had a string of juries who have done a wonderful job of rewarding the winner even if the winner is the one who betrayed them. So, I’m optimistic that the people who are voted out of the game respect it enough to give it to the person who played the best.

On 20/12/2016 at 11:26 AM, LanceM said:

I think it was a timing issue. If I recall Redmond said that Natalie had to pull herself very late in the process and they had a to find someone quickly to fill that spot and since none of the Dirty 30 except for Hali has a job they called Sierra.

Hmm if they were in such a hurry, they easily could of gotten her twin sister easily. I assume that might have been the first person they would suggest considering Natalie pulled out. Would be hilarious if she pretended to be Natalie the entire game LOL

Still I guess Sierra was the only person willing to come asap. Otherwise they could of gotten Carolyn (a second chance reject) who would definitely return or even T-Bird.  Guessing they have jobs and families, so Sierra made sense.

I am still so surprised production didn't bring back T-Bird, considering most people were so upset she didn't get on second chance more than Brad or Troyzan. I know Shane said he would never come back. 

• Love 1
On 2/8/2017 at 11:40 AM, LadyChatts said:

Probst's spin has begun!  A couple of posters here called it when they said they would frame this season as people who could change the game.

Production failed. The name is Game Changer. Not Game Changers/Willing To Be Game Changer. Willing To Be Game Changer is practically everyone who has played the game. Heck, yes, let's bring Sierra Dawn because all she talked about in her ITMs is making a big move, making a big move, making a big move....that never happened.

Carolyn, frankly, is a much better "Game Changer" than Sierra. But they already filled her quota with Debbie, while they still have a lot of spots to fill for the ladies-who-look-good-in-their-bikinis. Heck, if that was the spot to fill, why not bring in Brenda Lowe for the third time?!

Probst's spin had me rolling my eyes so hard.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

I am still so surprised production didn't bring back T-Bird, considering most people were so upset she didn't get on second chance more than Brad or Troyzan. I know Shane said he would never come back. 

were ppl upset that brad didnt his second chance? it's all about who JEFF wants back and he wanted brad, not t-bird

Edited by thehepburn
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, thehepburn said:

were ppl upset that brad didnt his second chance? it's all about who JEFF wants back and he wanted brad, not t-bird

Yeah your right, and half the time these All Star Seasons never work out well. But so many great people will never get on because Jeff doesn't want them back i guess. 

• Love 2

I'm enjoying all of the pre-game interviews and it got me thinking about the Survivor Hall of Fame nominations/inductions that happened near the end of last season. Sandra's nominations include Tony and Malcolm (all on the same starting tribe) and Ozzy's nominations include Tai and Andrea (all on the same starting tribe). Specifically they each say:

Ozzy:
Tai Trang – (“Survivor: Kaoh Rong”): He made it to the end. I think his ability to speak hindered him on the jury. But, I think he’s got a lot of what it means to be a Survivor inside the game and out.

Andrea Boehlke – (“Survivor: Redemption Island” and “Survivor: Caramoan”): I think she’s proven that she’s a strong strategic player. She’s made it far the few times she’s played. She hasn’t won it, but she’s done really well.

Sandra:
Tony Vlachos – (“Survivor: Cagayan”): Tony is a tough dominant player. He’s very aggressive and good at controlling other players. But, Tony has a soft side and he’s fun. I truly believe he is one of the best players to ever win.

Malcolm Freberg – (“Survivor: Philippines” and “Survivor: Caramoan”): Malcolm gets mad respect for playing back to back, that is not an easy task. Not only is he extremely handsome but he’s also a strategic and physical player.  Malcolm has strong social skills. Everyone loves Malcolm and he’s a beautiful soul.

I think we're going to see these partnerships form this season. Maybe they all even make the merge?

Sandra, Tony and Malcolm are all pre-merge according to one of the popular bootlists going around so it is possible they all just bonded on the pre-jury trip.  Or the boot list is wrong and they are all end gamers. lol

Edited by LanceM

I've seen that boot list (well, I've seen several, but one variation seems to be the common one that's tossed around).  And I'm really hoping it's wrong and whoever made it up just tried to take a lucky guess that people like Tony, Sandra, etc would be targets early on.

But judging from the interviews, I have a sinking feeling that boot list may be somewhat accurate.  And it really isn't a shocker that Tony, Sandra, Malcolm would get targeted early on (though a lot of people did say they wanted to work with Malcolm).

Unfortunately, everything seems to be lining up for that bootlist to be true i.e. the worst case scenario. Looks like Mana (red tribe) is going to get their ass kicked the first couple weeks. That's too bad because that's where the best personalities are. Bad idea to put Andrea/Sarah/Sierra on one tribe and Aubry/Ciera/Sandra on the other.  I love those latter ladies but great challenge players they are not. Not to mention Tony, Troy, and Varner are in their 40s and 50s. Looking at this cast, my guess is that whoever has the stronger group of women is going to win more challenges. 

The only possible interesting wrinkle is the fact that Troy is starting on a different tribe that Sarah and Culpepper. Dalton Ross posted a picture of Sarah, Culpepper, JT, and Ozzy talking so the obvious speculation is that might be an alliance there. Likely there's a tribe flip coming at some point but I wonder if Troy might end up surviving past his tribe mates and gets the respect vote because of it. I guess I'm preparing myself to jump on the Troyzan train because I find him the least objectionable of that F3. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1

I saw on Sucks that Sierra supposedly said she has an alliance with Troyzan.  It was suppose to be in one of her interviews, but I can't find it.  Anyway, that would make sense if she were to finish 4th and Troyzan was in the top 3.  Maybe she gets blindsided or goes out in a fire making challenge.  From the MESS thread over there, they seem to have narrowed the first boot down to Ciera, Hali, and Varner, who are MIA from any future shots that they dissected.  Since Ciera is on everyone's radar as someone they want out, I can believe it.  It also sucks that Cirie may get so close to the end again, but come up short.  If that bootlist is accuarate, the men pretty much get killed this season, so Brad and Troy must have either really strong ties with the ladies left, or they are so unlikable they are being dragged along as goats.  Maybe Sarah figured she'd do better with a majority women jury.  I'm still holding out hope it isn't true, but I guess the first few episodes will determine that.    

I guess if Jeff seems gloom and doom about this season, it probably means the final 3 is true and Sarah does beat his man crushes (not to mention that there's a Survivor male near massacre).

Not so much challenge related, but it is interesting that more of the castaways that are either heavy fan favorites or who would more fit the theme of game changer are all on one tribe, while some of the more questionable choices are on the other.  I do remember when the SC tribes were released, some speculated Bayon was going to get killed because Ta'Keo seemed like the younger, fitter tribe.  Had they not had the tribe swap at 18, who knows how long Bayon could have kept their winning streak going.

Edited by LadyChatts