Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm just surprised they are using 2 from S33.  I'm curious if TPTB are banking on them being huge fan favorites, if they found themselves in a Stephenie/Bobby Jon situation, were rivals, or just got screwed by circumstances.  

There were rumors out there that one of the S33 contestant's mother died. Not sure if this is during filming S33, but if that contestant went out ala-Terry Dietz in SC, then I can see them bringing that contestant back. Then again, if I were that contestant, I don't think I would be in the mood to play Survivor considering the state of grief that I'm in.

2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

They've done it quite a bit, haven't they?  Malcolm, James, Amanda, Joe, Rupert, Stephenie, Bobby Jon... 

They have an advantage because no one has seen them play but they also have the disadvantage of not playing with people they know from post-game stuff.  I'd prefer that latter. 

Only Malcolm (and Russell H.) had the advantage of nobody seeing their seasons. All the others you named had their seasons aired at least partially before playing again.

2 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Only Malcolm (and Russell H.) had the advantage of nobody seeing their seasons. All the others you named had their seasons aired at least partially before playing again.

What about Joe and Shirin? They went back to back as well...

8 minutes ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

What about Joe and Shirin? They went back to back as well...

um, everyone saw their season before they played SC, which was technically the 32nd season filmed. so technically, not even back to back.

49 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

um, everyone saw their season before they played SC, which was technically the 32nd season filmed. so technically, not even back to back.

Okay, wasn't sure if it was back to back since 32 was filmed before 31...

56 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Is it really some huge advantage to have watched a sliver of someone's prior game?

Huge advantage? No.  But still advantageous.

I hate to do this, but look at Hantz's games.  HvV played out very similarly to Samoa for two reasons.  One of which was the fact he was the unknown quantity.  So he could play the same game, one that he thought had already won him the million (reason 2), so why bother changing.

But in RI 1, the tribe he was given knew exactly what the Hantz game was: ally with the young (and in his words, dumb) women, find the HII, lie to everyone for no goddamned reason, alienate people left and right, and theoretically coast to the finals (only to lose...again...some more).  But someone had already beaten him to the HII (and also without a clue), and because his alliance was the minority, the majority alliance threw a challenge to get rid of him to deliberately prevent him from staying in the game too long to lie and alienate and get anywhere near FTC.  Hell, they even lied to him about who won the previous RI challenge, so when they voted him out, he would be expecting to be competing at RI against Francesca instead of the young and athletic Matt.  They were able to totally outmaneuver (except for the HII part, that was luck) Hantz because they knew his game.

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed, for the most part, that the advantage of being unknown isn't much of an advantage. In most cases, I think someone like Russell Hantz might benefit from a quick turnaround, but only for a short time. People wouldn't know just how untrustworthy he was at the beginning. The thing is that it shouldn't take long before that becomes clear, so the advantage would be short-lived. In Hantz's particular case, the Heroes vs Villains theme made it clear that he did something villainous in his previous season, anyway, so stealth didn't do anything for him. He was aided by JT being a fool, and people not listening to Sandra. It had nothing to do with being an unknown quantity.

Edited by azshadowwalker

Russell also benefited from Tyson changing his vote after letting Russell get into his head. If not for that, Russell would have been out pre jury. But once Russell was able to get the numbers, he was near impossible to remove (because yeah, the Heroes had a complete misperception of the reality of the Villains tribe and was not able to mount a counterattack).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ForeverAlone said:

Russell also benefited from Tyson changing his vote after letting Russell get into his head.

And that actually goes back into the discussion about knowing other people's games.  If Tyson hadn't been so worried about Parvati's game, which he had seen from FvF, then Hantz might not have gotten to him.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

And that actually goes back into the discussion about knowing other people's games.  If Tyson hadn't been so worried about Parvati's game, which he had seen from FvF, then Hantz might not have gotten to him.

Yes, that and if anybody had seen Russell play, they would have known that he was not some innocent Erik nube (which they SHOULD have realized in the first place, since he was on the Villain tribe), and Rupert would not have made that complete misperception (and shared it with everybody) that the Black Widow Brigade had reformed on the Villain tribe. Which of course means that JT would not have made such a stupid mistake. Basically it was a whole chain reaction from the other players not seeing Russell's game, so they didn't know what he was capable of. 

• Love 1

Inside Survivor just revealed the cast. I'm personally not too excited about it. Too many three-peaters, and two Second Chancers. And FOUR Kaoh-Rong players! I think that's overkill. Plus some really WTF selections - Sierra from WA?!

I'll still watch because I like returnee seasons, but the cast was just a letdown for me.

• Love 2

It sounds like Casting had rotten luck. Earl, Sabrina. Nat A all had to decline.

It's an ok allstar cast. I am not looking forward to Tai's chewing of the scenery, Probst's mancrush on Culpepper in full force, Ozzy's petulance, Troyzan and Ciera's whining when the game doesnt go their way but I dont care as long as Cirie, Sandra, and Tony are there. Hopefully Varner will spill all on pregame like last time.

(edited)

Sierra?!  Really?  They couldn't find some other cute chick to fill the bikini role that was more memorable?  Not liking that list all. 

I am excited to see Hali back.  And, I can never get enough of Ozzy or Malcolm.  However, I suspect those two are goners the minute their tribes lose.  Same with Sandra.  She should have held out for an all winners season.  As much as I like Aubry, Tai, and Caleb, did we really need to see 4 people back from this previous season?  And 2 from the upcoming season?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I am okay with that cast and I am surprising myself by saying that.  Time has passed for many and people change, it is unavoidable, life does that. They will not be the same.  Well, there are a few exceptions.  I am tying to keep a positive attitude.   I could easily eliminate a few!   

Last season was a disappointment and I am having a hard time rallying for Mil vs X.  

I want to like 34, damn it.  

Okay, boot Tai first.  There, I mentioned one.  

• Love 1

I want Brad out first.  Then I'll be happy.  Of course, Probst probably has every trick in the book lined up in case his man crush looks to be heading towards an early exit.  They'll just try and make him happen.  I have a feeling they are probably looking for another Wentworth, too.  Someone that they feel had so much potential the first time, but their game ended because of circumstances out of their control.

I'm surprised Varner would be back.  I love me some Jeff, and hope he makes it to the jury/Ponderosa house at least this time.  But given some of his health issues during SC, I'm just surprised he'd be able to come back again.  On the plus side, returning player seasons usually result in accurate spoilers, so here's hoping.  Along with Sandra, Ozzy, and Malcolm, I think Ciera could also be a contender for a pre-jury boot.

I'm curious what the theme is. 

uggghhh

I could do without Brad, JT, Ciera, Cirie, Malcolm, Ozzy, and Troyzan

Brad was an asshole his first time playing. JT is overrated and needs to have some one strategically smart to work with. Ciera is ok but nothing special. Cirie and Ozzy have played far too often. Malcolm is fine but I suspect more of an asshole then we know. Troyzan is an ass who is in love with himself.

I have no problem with Sandra playing again. She won her first two tries, watching her go a third time is cool with me.

• Love 2

I don't really care that Sandra is back.  I just think this is going to be a waste for her, as there is likely no way she is winning again.  Hopefully she at least makes the jury.  With this crowd?  Not sure that's happening.  Also didn't care to see Andrea again, even if it is her 3rd time.  Could have done without Sarah as well.  Disappointed that Earl, Sabrina, and Natalie A were unable to do it.  I'm wondering if Jon Misch had to bow out due to work/school, too?

33 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I want Brad out first.  Then I'll be happy.  Of course, Probst probably has every trick in the book lined up in case his man crush looks to be heading towards an early exit.  They'll just try and make him happen.  I have a feeling they are probably looking for another Wentworth, too.  Someone that they feel had so much potential the first time, but their game ended because of circumstances out of their control.

I'm surprised Varner would be back.  I love me some Jeff, and hope he makes it to the jury/Ponderosa house at least this time.  But given some of his health issues during SC, I'm just surprised he'd be able to come back again.  On the plus side, returning player seasons usually result in accurate spoilers, so here's hoping.  Along with Sandra, Ozzy, and Malcolm, I think Ciera could also be a contender for a pre-jury boot.

I'm curious what the theme is. 

Okay now see what you have done?  Scratch Tai first, I want Brad out first instead.  I was not going to do this to myself. 

I don't remember Varner's health issues, can you refresh my memory, please?  He is one of my all time favorite players; I hope he will register on his mistakes last time. 

Oh god, please no theme.  Let's just go with 2 tribes. 

Varner had a series of health issues that caused him to have problems breathing and being overly active in his last season. They were not mentioned on the show but he discussed them in interviews. I want to say something like COPD but my internetfu is failing me. He was almost pulled from Second Chances because he was struggling so much at Ponderosa.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Okay now see what you have done?  Scratch Tai first, I want Brad out first instead.  I was not going to do this to myself. 

I don't remember Varner's health issues, can you refresh my memory, please?  He is one of my all time favorite players; I hope he will register on his mistakes last time. 

Oh god, please no theme.  Let's just go with 2 tribes. 

I had to go dig into his thread, but Jeff has COPD.  However, in looking through his old thread, it seemed like the elements of Cambodia really took their toll on him.  I thought I had read he was almost pulled from the game before it started, but I couldn't find that part.  So maybe the elements of Fiji will be kinder to him.  Hopefully he doesn't end up on a tribe from hell like Angkor.  Jeff is actually someone that, despite playing recently, I'm fine with seeing again.  Perhaps because he was out early during Cambodia.  Actually, some of these people I'm not necessarily disappointed by.  It's just, I don't want to see them back this soon.

Also agree about no theme, but that's inevitable.  Though Redmond said it's a generic theme.

ETA: ProfCrash beat me to it.  

Edited by LadyChatts

Thanks, LadyChatts.  I agree that I don't want to see anyone from this past season.  I am done with em. 

I cannot image how anyone could play with COPD. Every challenge taxes your lung capacity.  

• Love 1

Overall, this cast is a disappointment. Hali and Tony are the only ones I'm okay with; everyone else is either too recent (six people from seasons 32 and 33), have already played twice or three times (eight players), are jackasses (Culpepper, Troyzan), or are useless fodder (Sarah, Sierra).

I'd like to see Caleb, Tai, and Debbie again, but not so soon. And I love Sandra, but I agree she should have held out for an all-winners season.

At the same time, the full list of people under consideration wasn't that inspiring either. There have been hundreds of players over the years; even if they just pulled a bunch of pre-merge boots at random, it would probably make for a more interesting roster than going back to the same people over and over again.

I doubt there will ever be an all winner season. Trying to get 16 winners to play at the same time, never mind trying to balance it between men and women and include a diverse cast would be a very tough task. There have been 32 seasons with 31 winners (Sandra won twice) so that means you have to get half of your winners to agree to go out at the same time. Then think about the winners no one wants to see again, Fabio would probably be a consensus never again winner, Brian from Thailand is probably someone who is out, and the number starts to dwindle pretty fast. I suspect Michele, Natalie, and some of the other people who many people think won due to a bitter jury would not be included.

I am ok with some people coming back for a third time. Jeff played recently but the time in between his plays is long enough that I want to see him again. Sandra is a legit third time player, she has never lost so it is hard to argue that she is not deserving of being there. Malcolm was kind of screwed by coming back so quickly. I am not excited to see him play again because I don't think we will see much new from him but I can see why he is back already.

I do object to the fourth time players. None of them are interesting to me. Cirie, Ozzy and JT are now boring.

I think Tai and Debbie would have been better off with more time off to reflect on their game play. Caleb is a legit return. He was medically evacuated when he was in a solid position in his game. Aubrey I am fine with but she probably is closer to a Tai or Debbie then Caleb. Then again, that cast will have had almost a year and a half, probably closer to two years to reflect on what they did and how they played because of the delay due to Second Chances.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Well, we're not going to see that season air until spring of 2017, right?

True, but it's still only two seasons removed from their original season. I always like to see more than one season of new players before I start seeing retreads, and when they're retreads or who still have the scars from their first season, it seems even worse to me.

I predict that at some point, every season will have the same cast: Hantz, JT, Ozzy, Cirie, Andrea, Malcolm, Ciera, Parvati, Coach, a hologram of Boston Rob, Tina, Amanda, James, Rupert, Candice, and Sandra, who will win every time until she dies under suspicious circumstances at which time she'll be replaced by Stephenie LaGrossa.

• Love 6

I have mixed feelings about this cast. I like about half of the cast, and am not that excited about the other half. I'll wait and see how it plays out. Maybe they will be more interesting than I think, and hopefully the cast members I don't like are booted early. 

I can see a winner's season happening.  Probst wants it to, and we had enough winners this season in consideration that I think they could make one happen.  Maybe that'll be for the 40th season, if it makes it?  Or for the grand finale of Survivor, if it doesn't make it to a 40th season.  Sophie, Danni, Earl, Natalie A., and Mike were all in contention for this season.  Hatch desperately wants to come back, as does Brian H.  Tina has said she'd return as many times as they ask her, and I think the same will probably be true for JT.  They aren't going to care if they get an entire fan friendly cast.  They brought back Troyzan and Brad, who were shot down in the fan voting.  I don't know about Troy, but I have yet to see Brad have any sort of a large fan base that was begging for his return.  So if they want to make a winner's season happen, they will, even if it comes down to their 3rd and 4th choices.

If this season goes well, I can see another AS season happening again in the near future.  If it crashes and burns, CBS may have them wait awhile before doing one again.  My biggest disappointment is the lack of old schoolers.  After SC, I was hoping to see more players from the pre-HvsV era.  As a fan of Aubry, Tai, Ciera, etc., I just don't want to see them this soon.  Caleb is the only one I can live with returning so quickly.  And Varner, because it's Varner.  SC was heavy enough with the recency, I just wish they'd expand to the earlier seasons.  

(edited)

I am very pleasantly surprised that Hali is back.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have just brought back people who have only played once previously and have never won, even though I like Malcolm, Sandra, Cirie, Ciera, Varner and Andrea.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 2

Just saw the list. Siera and Ciera? Oy. And I'm hoping Sandra is playing for $2 million, because I don't know what incentive she would have. She might as well wear bright neon with "TARGET" on her back. Also, she might wind up playing with another asshole-plus like Jon and Russell.

(edited)

So disappointed. Ciera whining and thinking she's smarter than she is. The incredible deadweight of Tai and Debbie. Not terribly interested in Aubry again, either. Varner really didn't impress me in Second Chances. He was far more impressed with himself than I was. Fuck Troy. No, really, fuck him and his stupid name.

I am really only excited to see Cirie and Sandra. Most of these people? I actively dislike our don't give a shit about.

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 1
(edited)

A couple of thoughts..

Sierra? Like how did this happen? I mean apparently Natalie A. dropped out  and they had to replace her but was Sierra their first choice?  What about Chelsea? or Natalie Bolton (whom I have been dying to see come back for 16 seasons now).  Oh well, maybe she will surprise us all and actually play very well.

Hali.  Absolutely love that she is returning and probably the one I am most looking for ward to seeing play again.I am kind of surprised they were able to get her to return as apparently she just officially became a lawyer in the last week.

Alpha Males.  Yeah Jeff is going to be insufferable this season with the likes of Troy, Malcolm, Ozzy and Culpepper on the same season.  Who will be his biggest mancrush?

Ciera.  They really want her to happen don't they?  Not that I am complaining because I do like her.

Cirie and Sandra.  I will be surprised if even one of them make the merge to be honest.

Season 33 players.  It will be interesting watching next season knowing that two of them will be returning. I have a feeling one of them is being brought back as a big character, the other as a big player.  

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

I'll keep an open mind. The cast doesn't lack for personality (expect the one glaring exception). Hopefully no Culpepper/JT/Troyzan/Ozzy/Caleb alpha male alliance. Split those guys up. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LanceM said:

A couple of thoughts..

Sierra? Like how did this happen? I mean apparently Natalie A. dropped out  and they had to replace her but was Sierra their first choice?  What about Chelsea? or Natalie Bolton (whom I have been dying to see come back for 16 seasons now).  Oh well, maybe she will surprise us all and actually play very well.

Hali.  Absolutely love that she is returning and probably the one I am most looking for ward to seeing play again.I am kind of surprised they were able to get her to return as apparently she just officially became a lawyer in the last week.

Alpha Males.  Yeah Jeff is going to be insufferable this season with the likes of Troy, Malcolm, Ozzy and Culpepper on the same season.  Who will be his biggest mancrush?

Ciera.  They really want her to happen don't they?  Not that I am complaining because I do like her.

Cirie and Sandra.  I will be surprised if even one of them make the merge to be honest.

Season 33 players.  It will be interesting watching next season knowing that two of them will be returning. I have a feeling one of them is being brought back as a big character, the other as a big player.  

I wonder when Natalie will finally give this show the finger and turn them down the next time they ask, for all the times she's been passed over.  And yeah, I'm warming up to the idea of Cirie being on again (even though I agree that she will likely be a pre-merge boot).  I just have this horrible feeling, knowing how much Probst loves his alphas and wants to make Brad and Troy happen, that those two yahoos will somehow get in a dominate alliance and take out any threat (mainly female threat) that stands in their way.  I also picture there being tons of super idols, Tyler Perry idols, extra special advantages, and idols that can only be claimed by people whose first names start with B and end with D, just to keep his male crush around.  Obviously, Brad gets my vote for making Jeff swoon this season.

I'm glad I'm not the only Ciera fan, but I won't be surprised if she is a pre-merge boot.  I think she is someone who would have benefitted returning later on down the road.  Though didn't Brad admit, for SC, he had a super alliance with everyone from RI-BvsW that was in consideration?  Or something like that.  I also think Sandra is a goner once her tribe loses.

Thrilled about Hali as well!  Sierra seems to be a total WTF choice across the board.  Jeff will justify her inclusion by saying she had no chance the first time she played the game, and essentially got herself voted out by that TC speech about how nice she was.  He'll probably try and spin it that she'll be another Wentworth, but I don't know if Sierra has it in her.  Her inclusion, especially over Carolyn, is kind of shocking.

I was excited about the list of finalists. To think that that list turned into this cast. Six of the cast members will come from the preceding two seasons. A third of the cast from just two seasons. That sucks. If they can't get enough decent returnees, please stop with these seasons and give us all new players. 

I can't believe another season of Tai whining about "energy" and "chemistry", and Debbie running at the mouth. Not compelling at all. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I have no clue who Natalie B is still. Even her picture made no impression on me, other than to think it was really over-the-top with the "sexy" vibe. The half-closed eyes, the semi-open mouth. I can't figure out why they chose that picture of her. She deserves better, even if I don't remember her.

• Love 1
(edited)
On May 31, 2016 at 5:50 PM, jsm1125 said:

I am very pleasantly surprised that Hali is back.

I still don't understand why they couldn't have just brought back people who have only played once previously and have never won, even though I like Malcolm, Sandra, Cirie, Ciera, Varner and Andrea.

They did. It was called Second Chances, season 31. 

Edited by GenL
Be Civil
19 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Nothing wrong with the concept of another Second Chances season.  I'd take it over people getting 3rd and 4th chances.  

And there's nothing wrong with stars getting their 3rd/4th chances either. I'll take it over seeing Sierra who and Sarah Lacina.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2016 at 9:21 AM, LadyChatts said:

Sierra?!  Really?  They couldn't find some other cute chick to fill the bikini role that was more memorable?  Not liking that list all. 

I know, right? Chelsea has been doing a great job modelling bikinis for the past couple of months. And she's a more exciting and impactful player at that, IMO. All Sierra did was talk and talk about how she's going to make a big move against the horrible people she's playing with and did absolutely nothing until she went out quietly in 5th place. They're seriously trying to make Wentworth 2.0 happen.

And Sierra went in as last-minute replacement for Nat A.?! Couldn't they find a more exciting player to replace her? Even Carolyn would have been a better choice (or maybe they already filled their quota with Debbie). Or did they all say no?? They couldn't get another winner? Why not Sophie if she was a finalist? I wonder why Denise Stapley hasn't been considered at all since her season. Maybe she isn't interested in doing it again.

Ozzy and Malcolm - why didn't they go for the hat trick and cast Joe Anglim while they're at it? So Probst could have all his man bun crushes in one season that he can play in repeat when it's all done.

Redmond did a spreadsheet to keep track of the people considered for s34:

I'm very surprised Abi Maria was even considered for S34. If they're seriously desperate for a villain, go to a much older well, pre-HvV. I like Abi, but Second Chancers on the first returnee season since then is overkill. Not too excited to see Ciera and Varner either, and I like them both. Ciera must really be a producer's favorite, since she doesn't interact much in the Survivor Community, at least from what I've seen.

And hee at Mike being the first cut. (Redmond confirmed that the order of the "cut" names he listed is the order of the cut players as he heard from his sources).

I'll take it over seeing Sierra who and Sarah Lacina.

Sarah Lacina seemed to have made it purely just as a foil to Tony, it seems. Apparently she hasn't gotten over the fact that Tony screwed her over and producers salivated at the potential "conflict", so they included her.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Natalie B. is most known for asking Parvati how her gameplay resonates or translates to the bedroom. And also being just kinda nuts.

I most remember Natalie B. for convincing (guilt-tripping) Erik to give up his immunity necklace to her, and then promptly voting him off. A classic Survivor moment. She's the one player I would also like to see play again, and I was hoping she would make it this time.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I am surprised that John and Neleh did not make the cut. Those two have been campaigning hard to get back on.

I'm not. I hope this be a lesson to the other 400 survivors who's been trying all sort of stunts to get back on. And I say this as someone who likes Neleh.