Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

Are those things you heard her say recently in interviews or in social media or just what you imagine her thoughts on it would be?

It's half quotes and half interpretation. Check any podcast she has done in the past 6 yrs since HvV where she is asked about going back and her answer is always the same: She's ready to go back. She was in the running for BvW. I think in the Dick at Nite RTV podcasts where she is among friends, she is a little more fulsome. They pander to her, saying that she will win again if she goes back and Sandra is like - no question, she will win again.

• Love 1

I don't care to see Tai again, especially if Caleb comes back. Once was enough with his creepiness. 

I think Caleb is an absolute lock.  He said he wants to play again and the show knows he is popular.  I think Tai is a near lock as well, he has that kooky endearing quality... although the longer he hangs out with Scott and Kyle, the less endearing he becomes.  He's like Yau Man... someone who is doing well despite appearing so unsuited for the game.

If they both come back, I think it would be better if they are on separate tribes.  If they are on the same tribe, they could get targeted quickly. since their alliance would be so fresh in the minds of the players.

I don't remember Alexis either.  And I see that it was said that So Kim from Worlds Apart might have been contacted?  Why?  I don't need to see her ever again.  First boot, and it wasn't just bad luck.  It was because she was a terrible player and had an extremely high opinion of herself.

Is Peter really a favourite of anybody's?  Why would the show want him back?

Whilst Alexis wasn't the most memorable I remember when she was voted out she was absolutely heartbroken. She's apparently a big fan - and someone in this thread said she's been campaigning ever since so good for her.

So is living with Malcolm maybe thats relevant. Someone else who knows more should be able to verify this but am sure she was originally cast on BVW.

So was all the way in Nicaragua with her sister and then her sister didn't pass the medical at the last minute.  I didn't like her RHAP exit interview.  She was bitter about landing on Worlds Apart, saying the tribe breakdown screwed her chances.  And her game play sucked.  

So was an extremely arrogant player who immediately allied with Joaquin.  She thought she was the smartest person in the room, and acted like it.  She thought the two of them were in charge.  The tribe breakdown had nothing to do with it, unless she is suggesting that there were no dumb hunky guys that she could flirt with and get to protect her.  The only person that screwed So is So.

Nonetheless, I'm expecting to see her again, because they need to fill the Asian female quota.  I hope she gets voted out just as quickly.

I actually liked So, from what little we saw of her.  I felt like she got shafted because of going along with Joaquin, but because they probably thought he'd benefit them more in challenges, she was sacrificed.  Only good part about that vote was it eventually led to Max's own blindside, so something good came out of it.  I remember So talking about her attire on that first day compared to her tribe mates (they were all in suits, and she wasn't) and felt that automatically made her stand out.  Since TPTB pick their clothes, not sure if that was their intention or what.  I do think she could play a pretty good game, given the chance, so I'd be fine with her returning.  Beats Alexis what's-her-name or seeing some others for the 3rd/4th time.

Yup, So was originally casted in BvW 2.0, but her sister failed the medical tests at the last minute. They didn't replace her team. I remember someone said from that cast that that was the reason why there was an inequal number of men vs. women in that season.

I really didn't see her game all that much, but I do remember them, her and Joaquin, being so arrogant thinking that they control the tribe that So didn't see the blindside coming. I really didn't care either way - that White Collar tribe was probably the worst assembled tribe in terms of horrendous people and general unlikability. Shirin improved a little as the season went on. But that entire tribe could have been all voted out first and it really wouldn't have made much of a difference in that bad season.

Wasn't So's problem that she and Joaquin volunteered (or were chosen?) to privately make a choice between the bags of beans and the immunity clue?  Someone remind me, but it seemed that they misplayed that badly, drawing suspicion onto themselves, and she got sacrificed of the two because he was perceived as being potentially stronger in challenges.

It just goes to show you that you should never volunteer for anything the first day of Survivor.  And woe be to you if your name is drawn from a hat!

• Love 2

Wasn't So's problem that she and Joaquin volunteered (or were chosen?) to privately make a choice between the bags of beans and the immunity clue?  Someone remind me, but it seemed that they misplayed that badly, drawing suspicion onto themselves, and she got sacrificed of the two because he was perceived as being potentially stronger in challenges.

It just goes to show you that you should never volunteer for anything the first day of Survivor.  And woe be to you if your name is drawn from a hat!

Yeah, I barely remember that part. Other things I remember is that So also targeted Carolyn because of her age, and thought she controlled Max, Tyler, Shirin, etc., because she thought, who would side with an older lady?

• Love 1

If I remember right, So suggested they do the honorable thing (take the big bag of beans) but Joaquin wanted to do the dishonorable thing (the small bag of beans and the clue) saying nobody would know. So relented to his choice, but then when they got back and the tribe questioned them, So was the one who piped up and delivered a very lame transparent lie.  If she had only let Joaquin explain it!

That combined with what slowpoked said sealed her fate.

I guess in both instances, she displayed arrogance.

Edited to say that I'm mildly embarrassed to have remembered that very minor situation in such detail.  :)

Edited by Special K

Yes, there were pairs from each tribe who were told they would have to make a choice for the tribe.  If you chose to be good you would get this big bag of beans for the tribe.  If you chose to be bad you got a clue to the immunity idol and a very small bag of beans.  So and Joaquin ("WAWK" per Rotney) chose the clue and the small bag.  The worst part was that they then proceeded to lie about it.  So told everyone that there were three choices, Good, Bad and Neutral, and that they chose Neutral because they thought that was the best option.  I remember Carolyn and Shirin were immediately suspicious, because if Neutral got you such a small bag of beans, what would Bad have gotten you?  I think one of them also said something like "no way would this game allow a neutral option, it's either good or bad".  Despite their lie, they still thought everyone was with them, and I seem to recall So arrogantly flat out telling Carolyn that nobody liked her and that she was going home.

If she is chosen again, it would be interesting to see if she has learned anything.  Basically, keep your mouth shut unless it's necessary.  She came out with guns blazing and was gunning for Carolyn, and people just couldn't stand her.  I still think that she would play just as poorly, because personality doesn't change, and she is way too impressed with herself.

• Love 1

Where did targeting Carolyn come from?  Was it just that she was older?  I know So was targeted because Max was desperate to make a move, and Carolyn had a genuine distrust of her.  But why Carolyn over Shirin?

I really didn't see her game all that much, but I do remember them, her and Joaquin, being so arrogant thinking that they control the tribe that So didn't see the blindside coming. I really didn't care either way - that White Collar tribe was probably the worst assembled tribe in terms of horrendous people and general unlikability. Shirin improved a little as the season went on. But that entire tribe could have been all voted out first and it really wouldn't have made much of a difference in that bad season.

I didn't like that tribe, either.  I can't even say I like Shirin after all is said and done.  I believe she got a very sympathetic edit during WA.  Had she lasted longer during SC, I'm curious what kind of edit she would have gotten there.

If she is chosen again, it would be interesting to see if she has learned anything.  Basically, keep your mouth shut unless it's necessary.  She came out with guns blazing and was gunning for Carolyn, and people just couldn't stand her.  I still think that she would play just as poorly, because personality doesn't change, and she is way too impressed with herself.

Can she be chosen though if Malcolm is also in consideration? That would be more like Blood vs. Water, if they were both chosen, no?

I believe she got a very sympathetic edit during WA.  Had she lasted longer during SC, I'm curious what kind of edit she would have gotten there.

Well, she did, but I don't think her sympathetic edit would have affected Dan and Will's general assholic personalities. They, or one of them, made similar comments about Sierra. Shirin probably got the better edit because she fought back, and she sided with eventual winner Mike.

Regarding SC, I don't think her edit was any good even before she got voted off. She was edited to be this madman scrambler who alienated the most sensitive person in her tribe, although in most other exits, it was said that her alienating Abi wasn't what got her voted off, but targeting Varner instead.

The thing I most remember about So (aside from her arrogance and self-regard) was her bragging about her management job at some major department store and then bragging about how she's made every one of her assistants cry. I know it was bombast, but I still found it crass and it made her seem tone-deaf to me that she would think that was something others would find impressive or a threat, rather than basically her admitting to being a bad leader and boss and kind of a shitty person reveling in causing another person, who is their professional subordinate, emotional distress.

So, no, I don't really want to see her play again.

• Love 3

Aw, I really wanted to see Special Agent Phillip Sheppard and Ballerina/Water Chemist/Caretaker to Nuns Debbie join forces.  Can you imagine the shenanigans if those two ever got together?

I wonder if Dan Foley is sitting smugly by his phone, waiting for his call from Probst, begging him to come back?

• Love 4

I wonder if Dan Foley is sitting smugly by his phone, waiting for his call from Probst, begging him to come back?

Isn't his twitter account titled "Survivor Needs Dan Foley" or something like that? 

Of course his handle is the unassailable @chixdigme  <<sarcasm and revulsion>>

• Love 1

I was just going to say the same thing about Sandra.  I can't believe she would consider it again.  But then I think a lot of her legacy.  Three time winner does sound beyond awesome, but I am extremely skeptical that could ever happen.  (I can just imagine Jeff at every TC  practically screaming, "Why is Sandra still here?")

Where is T-Bird?  After the way she was crushed not getting on Second Chance, I thought she would be a lock.  I'd take her over Carolyn any day.

And I guess Shane really is done with Survivor.  I expected to see him on here too. 

Wouldn't be opposed to Aras getting a another shot without his idiot brother if Ozzy, Cirie, and Penner are all there.

And finally, I guess Silas will never get a shot at redemption.  I've wanted him back for years just to see if he matured.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

I for one do not want to see Sandra play again.  I was never a fan of hers and I never really thought he gameplay was all that great.  Plus I love how people decry the actions of Scot and Bounty this season (I am not a fan of either of them) or even Russell but praise Sandra for doing the same thing.  It is clear that Sandra would have been a sore loser had she actually lost as she dumped out the fish.

Also, please do not let Natalie return.  It is bad enough that I had to endure three seasons of her and her sister (Two Amazing Race seasons and one Survivor season), I do not need to ever see her again.

Count me in on someone who would have liked to see Denise on that list. 

I'm disappointed there aren't more old schoolers in general.  One thing I enjoyed about second chances was seeing the likes of Savage, Wiglesworth, Kimmi, and Varner again, even if Wiglesworth did fizzle out.  But I enjoyed seeing them on my screen far more than the people who had just played in the last couple of years.  I'm hoping Neleh eventually gets her chance to return.  Kind of sucks for the old schoolers that they put the show on the map, yet because it wasn't in the dawn of the social media age they seem to get ignored by production.

On top of it the show was much more popular when Neleh and John were on it ratings wise.  Granted that was so long ago it does not matter.

Aw, I really wanted to see Special Agent Phillip Sheppard and Ballerina/Water Chemist/Caretaker to Nuns Debbie join forces.  Can you imagine the shenanigans if those two ever got together?

My dream tribe would have some sort of combo of Phillip, Crazy Shane, Shambo, and Debbie.  Maybe throw Coach in the mix as well.  I would love to see all of the crazy players together on one tribe.

Redmond made an update that he has pretty much all of the names for s34. Maybe he is missing 2 at the most.

I was thinking that it was time for Sandra to return. It was 13 seasons between s7 and s20. It will be 14 seasons between s20 and s34. The once and future Queen.

• Love 2

Plus I love how people decry the actions of Scot and Bounty this season (I am not a fan of either of them) or even Russell but praise Sandra for doing the same thing.  It is clear that Sandra would have been a sore loser had she actually lost as she dumped out the fish.

I don't care about the sabotage that much, the biggest sin for me is that Scot and Jason are really, really boring. They have zero charisma in their confessionals. I'd hate to see them back because it would basically mean to the producers that mean = interesting and that's just not true. 

• Love 4

I really hope Dan is never given another shot at this game again.  Not after the way he whined and belly ached about his edit, to the point of having to have footage shown at the reunion to prove he was lying.  I mean, TPTB must really not care for you to go to those lengths.  Also, how would Dan come across a second time?  Would he just go with it and play the villain x10, or try to redeem himself (and probably still come across as an ass, because, it's Dan).  However, knowing him, he probably thinks he did all he needed to to secure another shot.  So hopefully he is waiting, but the phone never rings.

And finally, I guess Silas will never get a shot at redemption.  I've wanted him back for years just to see if he matured.

I have always wanted to see both Silas and Lindsey back.  Silas, because he was the first person to ever get screwed over by a twist, and Lindsey was also effected by that.  Both seem to have fallen off the Survivor grid, especially Silas, so I'd be surprised to see either one of them back again.

Edited by LadyChatts

I was thinking that it was time for Sandra to return. It was 13 seasons between s7 and s20. It will be 14 seasons between s20 and s34. The once and future Queen.

If Sandra wins again, I will join the multitudes who proclaim her Queen of Survivor. 

My prediction/expectation is that the others will vote her out real early. 

• Love 1

It's almost an absolute guarantee that Sandra would get voted out if her tribe were to lose one of the first ICs, she's not good at challenges and she's going out there with one of the biggest targets on her back. I don't want to hear, "this proves, PROVES she's not good at Survivor!" 

• Love 2

I would have to see the cast finalized before I would say such a thing. Remember that she might be in a tribe with 5-9 other winners, some who will seem overtly devious and much bigger threats like Tony.

• Love 2

I would have to see the cast finalized before I would say such a thing. Remember that she might be in a tribe with 5-9 other winners, some who will seem overtly devious and much bigger threats like Tony.

If she had won just one season, I might agree.  But she won two, the second time by pretty much slipping through the cracks.  The others know this: gotta believe she has a target a mile wide on her back. 

• Love 3

This is an ok list for me. I'm usually not big on winners returning but for Tony I have to make an exception as you can see he's my favorite winner of all time lol.  I just wish more old school players were called back to play again, like John Carroll and Neleh from Marquesas, Twila, from Vanautu, Crystal Cox, and Ken Hoang from Gabon. Why havent these players been asked to play again??  

I also am almost positive that Troyzan and Sabrina will make it on since they werent voted on season 31, its only fair that the producers would pick them for season 34

I also am almost positive that Troyzan and Sabrina will make it on since they werent voted on season 31, its only fair that the producers would pick them for season 34

That's why I'm shocked T-Bird is not on this list.  It was shocking that she didn't get voted on season 31.

21 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

T-Bird is a nice lady, maybe even a "neat lady" but not that memorable from a rather dour season. I'm shocked that ppl are shocked. I didnt vote for her and would much rather see Helen (s5) or Dina (s6).

T-Bird will always have a special place in my heart for busting out "Tomorrow" in that endurance challenge against Clarence. ❤️❤️

I would've loved to see T-bird play again.  I found her very memorable and Africa an exciting season.  I thought she was a shoe-in.  I feel like her picture on the ballot wasn't a great one to spur memories of a season that long ago.  It seems like ballot placement also helped and hurt some people.  

I did like Africa, but I never found her compelling or memorable. Ethan, Lex, Tom, Silas, Lindsey, Frank, Brandon. Those are the people I remember without being prompted. Even Clarence, with the food "stealing",  only returned to memory when I saw his name in this thread. 

I did like Africa, but I never found her compelling or memorable. Ethan, Lex, Tom, Silas, Lindsey, Frank, Brandon.

I thought she was much more compelling and memorable than Frank. She was also a better player, with that secret vote against Lex that caused so much drama.   Frank seemed more like a type they like to cast than anything.  I remember the "date" with Brandon, and the only other thing is (indirectly) Kelly Goldsmith's confessional that he should be on medication.  

Edited by vb68
5 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I did like Africa, but I never found her compelling or memorable. Ethan, Lex, Tom, Silas, Lindsey, Frank, Brandon. Those are the people I remember without being prompted. Even Clarence, with the food "stealing",  only returned to memory when I saw his name in this thread. 

+1

4 hours ago, vb68 said:

I thought she was much more compelling and memorable than Frank. She was also a better player, with that secret vote against Lex that caused so much drama.   Frank seemed more like a type they like to cast than anything.  I remember the "date" with Brandon, and the only other thing is (indirectly) Kelly Goldsmith's confessional that there he should be on medication.  

Frank is memorable for being an asshole mostly. Being memorable doesn't always equate to being likable. On the other hand, she was just there, in my opinion. Didn't do anything that made me care about her one way or the other. 

19 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I guess this is where we differ. I found T-Bird much more memorable than Silas whose personality never developed enough within Survivor for me to remember much of anything about him. OTOH, Lindsey and Brandon I remember very well...but not necessarily for positive reasons.  Kind of hard to forget Tom, Lex and Ethan since they made it back for All Stars. Speaking of, I would never say no to seeing Big Tom come back - there was something about him I just loved.

20 hours ago, vb68 said:

I thought she was much more compelling and memorable than Frank. She was also a better player, with that secret vote against Lex that caused so much drama.   Frank seemed more like a type they like to cast than anything.  I remember the "date" with Brandon, and the only other thing is (indirectly) Kelly Goldsmith's confessional that there he should be on medication.  

Kelly Goldsmith is the person from Africa I have always wanted to return. I know she's been on the bubble a couple of times, but I've given up hope that she'll ever actually make the cut to make it back on. The harshness of the conditions in Africa made it less enjoyable of a season than either Borneo or Australia, but I've always felt like it held up pretty well on re-watch. As for T-Bird, she always came across as a lovely person, and I would have enjoyed seeing her play again last season, but I'm not necessarily broken up that she isn't back in the running this time.

• Love 2
On 4/27/2016 at 0:47 PM, Mreid said:

This is an ok list for me. I'm usually not big on winners returning but for Tony I have to make an exception as you can see he's my favorite winner of all time lol.  I just wish more old school players were called back to play again, like John Carroll and Neleh from Marquesas, Twila, from Vanautu, Crystal Cox, and Ken Hoang from Gabon. Why havent these players been asked to play again?? 

I'd like to see Twila, who was buried on a crap season. I still figure she gave Chris his win when his back was against the wall. Crystal, on the other hand, can sit and spin. I think she was the worst part of Gabon, and the definition of "epic fail." Also, she had to give back her gold medal after she failed a drug test. Hmmmmmm . . . I wonder if you can "ship" her with Scot.

You know who I'd want to be considered? Francesca. Put her under "Plan Z" in case Plans A-Y fall through. I think she could make it a few weeks into the game because she wouldn't be on the same tribe as Special Agent Philip. Hated that guy so much.

• Love 1

I really thought Francesca got screwed having to play with Philip. I was all in favor of her getting a second chance. I wouldn't even necessary be opposed to a third chance. I am just not sure if she has a real argument to make after the second chance failed as badly as the first. It is too bad that she had to deal with him, though. 

I wasn't a huge Twila fan, because I felt she played out of bitterness and internalized misogyny. I just don't have much use for women who try to prove that they're not like "those women", that they're really more like men (i.e. more valuable)  I used to be like that, and it embarrasses me to admit it. 

I would honestly be shocked if the producers brought back Francesca, because I think the only reason they brought her back for a second time was because Phillip was cast. I think they were hoping that history would repeat and she would be voted off first again, or it would create a ton of animosity (since that season seemed to be all about drama). Either case, I can't see her being cast as a "favorite" if Phillip wasn't on the show. I don't think she was brought back, because of any superior game potential, only because we have never seen a first time player/first boot ever be asked back. 

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:47 PM, Mreid said:

Yes, I would love to see Twila come back.  I really thought she played the best game during her season (Though Chris' win was a little impressive.).

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:12 AM, Sarahsmile416 said:

I guess this is where we differ. I found T-Bird much more memorable than Silas whose personality never developed enough within Survivor for me to remember much of anything about him. OTOH, Lindsey and Brandon I remember very well...but not necessarily for positive reasons.  Kind of hard to forget Tom, Lex and Ethan since they made it back for All Stars. Speaking of, I would never say no to seeing Big Tom come back - there was something about him I just loved.

I read that Big Tom and Lex were both considered for a slot on the Blood vs. Water season that Tyson ended up winning but they had to turn it down because they were doing a Podcast or something along those lines.  I know I am in the extreme minority but I would like to see Lex have another crack at the show again. 

• Love 2
(edited)

If there's anyone I want to see back from Africa again it would be Kelly Goldsmith.  I hate that she was an alternate to Jenna Morasca during AS, only for Jenna to quit (which I know she had a good reason, but I always thought she shouldn't have gone out there in the first place).  Then she got bumped for HvsV after giving up her job.  I wouldn't blame her for turning them down, because how many times does your chain get yanked before you finally say enough?  Since part of the unofficial theme for AS was revenge, betrayal, and bitterness, I wonder how she and Lex would have played together again.  So much time has passed now it'd probably be water under the bridge, but since AS wasn't too many years after Africa, I would have liked to have seen how that would have played out then.

After last season, I was really hoping to see more old schoolers in upcoming editions of AS seasons.  I hope that some of the names Redmond doesn't know are from the pre-HvsV era. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Anybody else think "Bucky Bo" is an awesome name for a reality show? It would have been worth giving Tom a third shot at the million to have his son on BvW. Also, I could have revived my "Tom loves goats a lot" running gag and run that sumbitch into the ground.

• Love 3
On 5/1/2016 at 9:42 PM, Lantern7 said:

I'd like to see Twila, who was buried on a crap season. I still figure she gave Chris his win when his back was against the wall. Crystal, on the other hand, can sit and spin. I think she was the worst part of Gabon, and the definition of "epic fail." Also, she had to give back her gold medal after she failed a drug test. Hmmmmmm . . . I wonder if you can "ship" her with Scot.

You know who I'd want to be considered? Francesca. Put her under "Plan Z" in case Plans A-Y fall through. I think she could make it a few weeks into the game because she wouldn't be on the same tribe as Special Agent Philip. Hated that guy so much.

I heard Twila was called back for season 31 but she declined for personal reasons. I would love to see her play again though she was my favorite on Vanautu and yes I want Fran to play just one more time without Philip she has to be one of the most memorable first boots ever to play lol

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LanceM said:

Since there is no season 33 spoiler thread yet I will post this here .  We apparently have the identity of our first S33 contestant.  Redmond pretty much confirmed this story over on Sucks and added that we are going to love this season's female cast because it is quite diverse. 

http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/Is-Survivor-the-latest-case-for-Albany-7395233.php

You have to pay to subscribe to this site to read it.  If Redmond knows the women contestants why doesn't he just list them?  Or did he somewhere that I have missed?

• Love 2

Sorry about that. It wasn't doing that yesterday when I was able to read it.

Anyway, Jessica Blain-Lewis, 37, mother of two and an assistant district attorney from Albany, NY.

I have a feeling Redmond will be releasing the rest of the names soon enough but apparently if he does that it gets harder to identify them through social media as some of the players get wind of this and set their accounts to private, etc

Missyae spoiled this guy. Redmond has confirmed it.