Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

I want mustard vs. ketchup as a theme. Can only imagine Jeff's struggle to make segues and come up with symbolism for that one.
"Donny's lagging behind now, looks like he'll have to catch up to the others - catch up - ketchup - maybe his chosen condiment is foreshadowing his appearance at Tribal tonight"
"Marie, I noticed you wringing your hands while Jake was talking. Could that be because you're used to squeezing the mustard bottle really hard to get out the last bits? Isn't that symbolic of having to squeeze information from your tribemates?

He sure does love taking a theme and running it into the ground.

Here's a revelation: how about NO THEME?! Gasp! I know, so groundbreaking and new.

Themes are fun when we get them every few years, like how we had 8 or 9 seasons between All stars and the first FvsF, and then another long break before the second FvsF.

• Love 4

Survivor Back to the Future.   Meaning they go back in time a just have a straight game, no gimmicks, IIs hidden at each camp and reasonable rewards.  

• Love 5

I was also thinking of Survivor: Borneo Style with a whole bunch of super fans that are expecting idols, twists, tribe swaps, and advantages.  They may not know what to do if they go that old school!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Survivor Back to the Future.   Meaning they go back in time a just have a straight game, no gimmicks, IIs hidden at each camp and reasonable rewards.  

So long as there are hidden things that say, "Nothing to find here".

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I was also thinking of Survivor: Borneo Style with a whole bunch of super fans that are expecting idols, twists, tribe swaps, and advantages.  They may not know what to do if they go that old school!

Not all the way back, only about mid way.  And have the memory story and know your tribe mates challenges.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

For Survivor, that sounds right.  I wonder if Probst will try and take credit for creating one of the tribe.  Or try and pretend they didn't cast this way intentionally, and realized it just magically fell into place.  

Hustlers?  Really?  These 3 tribe themed divisions end up hurting some contestants.  And after a couple of episodes they swap anyway.

Back to our current season, SU is going to post the rest of the boot order tonight.  If there's any point.  Cirie and Aubry aren't in the final 3, Sarah's winning, so eh.

Not all the way back, only about mid way.  And have the memory story and know your tribe mates challenges.  

I could live with that.  Basically, anything from the Borneo-Micronesia range.  I try to forgot Gabon ever happened, but starting with Tocantins, that's when I felt this show starting hitting a somewhat downward spiral.  They definitely need to do something about idols and advantages.  At the very least, keep it consistent and hide them in the same places for everyone.  

Maybe they could do Survivor: Superfans vs People Who've Never Seen An Episode Before.  Somehow I feel like the people that fall into the latter would end up killing it.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

Cirie in 6th place.  Poor Cirie, she's probably going to get idoled the hell out.  Aubry in 5th, Tai in 4th.  What's been rumored for awhile now.

I wonder if Sarah wins the F4 immunity, or if Brad and Troy think she's easier to beat than Tai.

Edited by LadyChatts
5 hours ago, Sugar said:

Themes are fun when we get them every few years, like how we had 8 or 9 seasons between All stars and the first FvsF, and then another long break before the second FvsF.

We didn't get "Survivor: Theme" naming from those seasons but quite a few divided the tribes up in some way - Cook Islands, Panama, Vanuatu, One World, Nicaragua... they just didn't name the season for it. I think part of it is that they use the same few locations now and having a theme takes the focus off that. Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers is a stretch though, even for this show. Like at least I can legitimately believe Jeff has been asked whether brains or brawn are more important in playing Survivor, or if it's better suited to older or younger people, or men or women. 

I've never read spoilers on purpose before but this terrible season has driven me to it. I'm just glad it's almost over. Also: wondering who the hell Troy pissed off in editing that he's Final 3 and his edit is SO invisible that his Ptv thread hasn't had a single post since the season started even though he found an idol. Has there ever been an F3 player quite that invisible? 

Someone on Twitter (and maybe it's come up here) has posited that Cirie could go at 6 despite getting no votes if Aubrey wins immunity and Sarah, Tai, Troyzan and Brad all use their idols (Brad being given one of Tai's). Which... would suck, but at least be kind of interesting television and maybe prompt the producers to look at how many advantages they put out there. But I feel like Cirie will get votes. She's an easy boot with no allies. 

• Love 2

I almost hope it is an idol blow out and Sarah using her LA, because I would hope it'd make the producers think about how many freaking idols and advantages can really change the course of the game in one vote.  Granted, we're at the end and Cirie would have been voted out anyway, but really, I think it kind of takes the fun out of it sometimes.  It used to be strategizing and scheming, and hope you had a Kass or Neleh or Rob C that flipped the switch on their own.  However, I doubt it'll change anything.  They'll probably just add more idols and advantages next season.  If all the idols don't come into play at the F6, would Aubry get idoled out?  Could we actually go to the end of the season and not every idol comes into play?  I wonder if Brad and Troy get arrogant at the end, and that's what might end up costing them votes.  

I know there's been invisible players who've made it far.  Hell, Michele Fitzgerald and Natalie White won and I can barely tell you anything about either of them.  Troy doesn't seem at all happy with his edit, either.  I wonder if he'll get blown off altogether at the final 3, except to be asked "aside from being a number in an alliance, what else did you do?"  Maybe he'll get blown off at the reunion, too.  Aside from his idol, what else is there to ask him?  

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Hell, Michele Fitzgerald and Natalie White won and I can barely tell you anything about either of them.

I knew who Natalie was - I liked her and thought her edit suffered a lot for the existence of the troll but she did get enough screentime to outline her strategy AND kill a rat (nice foreshadowing, show) - but I'll confess to needing a minute to remember Michele, which I think very nicely proves your point. 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 5

Well, Cirie going out in sixth place was no surprise, given her attempt at a move that blew up in her face.  She's all out of allies.  Aubry going before Tai is a mild surprise, though.  And Tai?  Ugh.  He shouldn't have gotten this far at all, so I'm glad he goes out just short of Final Tribal Council this time.

So the F3 is indeed intact, to which I say that I look forward to Sarah sweeping or at least dominating the jury vote.  Go, Sarah!  Win it all on Wednesday!

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

I've never read spoilers on purpose before but this terrible season has driven me to it. I'm just glad it's almost over. Also: wondering who the hell Troy pissed off in editing that he's Final 3 and his edit is SO invisible that his Ptv thread hasn't had a single post since the season started even though he found an idol. Has there ever been an F3 player quite that invisible? 

I just checked and Troy is NOT on a historic pace. He had 10 confessionals thru 13 eps, which is the same as F3 Becky in S13. Becky got 5 in the last ep to end up with 15 overall. That is certainly possible for Troy too.

Still, Troy sucks and his edit is one of the best non-things about this crappy season.

• Love 7

SU is saying that he believes Sarah wins immunity at the final 4.  As far as Aubry goes he says that she gets voted out because she had a lot of friends on the jury.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's theoretically possible that only votes for Cirie are valid at six, right?  Aubry wins immunity, Tai plays idols on himself and Brad, Troy plays his, Sarah is immune.  Or flip Brad and Aubry, but my way seems more likely.

Edited by enlightenedbum
  • Love 1

They are, but players could get spooked. Say, Aubrey wins immunity, and they target Sarah - figuring get rid of Cirie at 5 because she's terrible at challenges - and Sarah plays her legacy advantage (which can only be played at 6). Tai plays his idol, maybe for Brad, just in case, because he's worried about the bounceback of Sarah's vote. Troy, scared of being one of only three people eligible for votes, freaks and plays his, and Tai, realising it might be a 50-50 rock draw, plays his. Cirie goes home, even if she gets no votes. 
The only reason I have them targeting Sarah in that scenario is that I think it makes all the idol plays more likely if Brad, Tai and Troy have her as the target and they freak when she plays the LA.
Another possibility is that they vote out Cirie at 6, Sarah plays her LA but doesn't need to. At F5 Tai and Troy play their idols, Tai gives his idol to whoever of Sarah and Brad don't win immunity and Aubrey goes in the same only-player-eligible-for-votes scenario.

• Love 1

So would their even be a point in voting if this happens-Aubry wins immunity, Tai plays an idol for him and Brad, Troy plays his, and Sarah plays her LA?  Are they going to say before they vote that Cirie is essentially getting voted off, or make her go through the vote and then spring it on her?

53 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So would their even be a point in voting if this happens-Aubry wins immunity, Tai plays an idol for him and Brad, Troy plays his, and Sarah plays her LA?  Are they going to say before they vote that Cirie is essentially getting voted off, or make her go through the vote and then spring it on her?

Obviously, they will vote first, and then, the idols and Legacy Advantage are played before the votes are read.  Then, Probst would reveal the votes that don't count.  And then, Cirie is screwed because, yeah, she'd be the only one vulnerable to the boot.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Interesting question. If they said to Jeff, "Cirie knows she's going home, XY&Z is going to happen." Which would probably never make the final edit if it did happen.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

If the four potential idol-holders figured it out ahead of time they could very well just announce it at TC pre-vote, but I feel like if the four of them wanted to get her out they could just vote her out and hold onto three of their idols (no LA) for the next vote. It's more likely that they'd vote and then the idols come out, as is usual. 

The interesting thing (for me) would be if Cirie got no votes. If she gets even one it's a legitimate (if crappy) idol-out. But if she got idolled out without even a single vote, that's a sure sign that something has gone wrong with this game, IMO. 

ETA. The more I think about it, the more a deliberate quadruple idol play at 6 would be more about good tv than an actual necessary move. It wouldn't be like Malcolm's nearly-but-not-quite-great move in Caramoan, where his alliance of three were clearly on the outs. If the idol-holders want Cirie out, they have the numbers to vote her out. I think the only way it happens - unless they're idiots and just showing off - is if they vote for Sarah and panic when she plays the LA. 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

If the four potential idol-holders figured it out ahead of time they could very well just announce it at TC pre-vote, but I feel like if the four of them wanted to get her out they could just vote her out and hold onto three of their idols (no LA) for the next vote. It's more likely that they'd vote and then the idols come out, as is usual. 

The interesting thing (for me) would be if Cirie got no votes. If she gets even one it's a legitimate (if crappy) idol-out. But if she got idolled out without even a single vote, that's a sure sign that something has gone wrong with this game, IMO. 

That's why I wonder if they'll insist on a vote.  They might not show it, but edit it as though no one knew about the idols and make it seem it was a surprise.  That way they won't get too much blowback that Cirie had no chance with the vote, even though it's obvious. 

But if they knew it was going to be Cirie, why bother idoling her out?  It seems like the only person who might not vote Cirie is Aubry.  They can still get her out 4-2.  Why pour salt in the wound and vote her out in a majority, and still play the idols?  It could be Sarah is the original target but announces she has the LA.  

I really hope this doesn't turn into another round of Survivor telephone at TC.  Does Sarah have to say ahead of time she has the LA? Seriously, though, if Cirie goes out stricrly because of the idols and advantages, they seriously need re consider them.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Does Sarah have to say ahead of time she has the LA? Seriously, though, if Cirie goes out stricrly because of the idols and advantages, they seriously need re consider them.  

I think (and who knows?) the LA works like a HII, so played after the vote, before the reading - unless she announces it ahead of time, although why would she? So no telephone, because they've already voted, but it could drive everyone else to play their idols out of worry about a bounce-back.

Or... nothing interesting happens. Cirie gets voted out because of last weeks events. Aubrey goes the week after because she's too likeable for the jury. If idols get played they don't matter anyway, and the finale is completely boring and uneventful, the end.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nalan said:

Obviously, they will vote first, and then, the idols and Legacy Advantage are played before the votes are read.  Then, Probst would reveal the votes that don't count.  And then, Cirie is screwed because, yeah, she'd be the only one vulnerable to the boot.

And if no one votes for Cirie, or (if Tai holds on to one  HII) whoever the other person is who doesn't have a HII, then..........?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

And if no one votes for Cirie, or (if Tai holds on to one  HII) whoever the other person is who doesn't have a HII, then..........?

Revote with only those people available, maybe?

2 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

The twist this year is that there will be no re-votes, I think.

Oh, right.  Forgot about that.  Then . . . I don't know.  Probably rocks.

• Love 3
(edited)

So for arguments sake, let's say Brad/Troy/Sarah/Tai get cocky and decide they are going to force a 3-3 tie on Aubry/Cirie (why they would I don't know and don't believe that'll happen, but I have a question about how this goes).  So we'll say Brad has immunity and the others play their idols and advantages (which is usually the reason for split votes anyway).  The new rule is that there isn't a re vote and if an agreement can't be made who to send home they go to rocks.  Aubry and Cirie would be immune to rocks.  The others would all be immune, but would that immunity get stripped if they went to rocks?  I think Jeff might actually pass out from excitement if that scenario happened, but how would they handle it?

or is it possible they hadn't thought that far ahead?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So for arguments sake, let's say Brad/Troy/Sarah/Tai get cocky and decide they are going to force a 3-3 tie on Aubry/Cirie (why they would I don't know and don't believe that'll happen, but I have a question about how this goes).  So we'll say Brad has immunity and the others play their idols and advantages (which is usually the reason for split votes anyway).  The new rule is that there isn't a re vote and if an agreement can't be made who to send home they go to rocks.  Aubry and Cirie would be immune to rocks.  The others would all be immune, but would that immunity get stripped if they went to rocks?  I think Jeff might actually pass out from excitement if that scenario happened, but how would they handle it?

or is it possible they hadn't thought that far ahead?

Oh, this would actually be awesome to see, just once, because it would just completely break the game. No rule they make on the fly will be fair. That said, if they did try to force this tie for some idol-avoiding reason, they would also probably just come to an agreement on which one to send home after the tie. 

• Love 2
On 5/20/2017 at 6:26 PM, LanceM said:

Dear God, they should have just went with Worlds Apart 2. 

Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers?  Seriously?

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-35-theme-and-title-revealed-27487

I can't wait until Probst explains this one. On second though maybe I can wait. 

Okay, I initially read that as "Heroes vs. Heathers vs. Hustlers," and my mind went in all sorts of interesting directions.  Phooey to it being "Healers."  Actually, phooey to the whole thing.  Hustlers?  WTH??  Can't we have a season that doesn't have a theme anymore??

(edited)

What's crazy is that this is not only WA 2.0, but they are using the exact same colors (red, yellow, blue) for the tribes.  Next season will probably MvsGX 2.0.

I feel like most times when they reuse a theme, the second time is worse when the first time was actually a great season.  But WA doesn't exactly have much to live up to, so as long as someone doesn't start preaching about Tom Brady and give a TH in the first ep that people are going to remember them, I think we're good.  

Can't wait for the finale tonight.  I'm always a little down when Survivor is over, mostly because I miss chatting here with everyone.  I love the show, but even in a bad season, at least this place makes it worth it.  Really ready for this season to be over, though.  I'm glad Sarah's winning, really hope Cirie doesn't go out because of idol palooza, and my only wish was that they still read the votes in real time so I could see the confident, arrogant smirk on Brad's face wiped off when he realized he lost.  Now it won't be as much fun, though I still expect sulking.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

They have to think of a theme because they can't use Survivor: Fiji unless they want to use the island name...

wth Fiji again, can we have a jungle location like in Guatemala.

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 1

I think we're stuck in Fiji for now.  I don't really see what's so special about it, or why Jeff loves it so much.  My guess is from a cost perspective, it might make more sense for the crew to be able to set up a more permanent base, then have to move around to other countries.

So somewhere in Fiji, if the termites don't find a way in, there'll be a massive array of tinkertoy-like building blocks, puzzles, ropes, paints and a master list of how many, when used, and problems associated there with. 

A big building, near decent quarters for the worker bees, and a really nice hotel for the Probst and his worker drones.

• Love 1