Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

Looks like he works on boats. Lives in Key West. Married. And his Facebook is currently hacked, according to his wife. It doesn't surprise me, since security doesn't appear to be his thing. Facebook is public. 

• Love 1
On 5/7/2016 at 2:20 PM, Winston9-DT3 said:

I had to google DILLIGAF.  Do I look like I give a fuck.  Nice.  

I didn't bother; it was more fun to make up meanings on my own.  My personal favorite to date:

Dude, I Like Licking Ivory Goat Asses Forever.

• Love 6

Damn, that's a long-ass acronym for a tattoo. I'm not into tattoos, but I'm thinking it might have been less gruesome if he had the whole phrase in a smaller font. "GTFO" is recognizable. "DILLIGAF"? Not so much. And I don't want Jason and Scot to welcome any more members to the Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos. Caleb can pass, though, because he seemed to be good people.

I just can't with people who tattoo idiotic profanities on their body.  I mean I am all for cursing when appropriate, but a tattoo?  Not just low(est) class, but also stupid.

55 minutes ago, Special K said:

I just can't with people who tattoo idiotic profanities on their body.  I mean I am all for cursing when appropriate, but a tattoo?  Not just low(est) class, but also stupid.

Hey, at least it's an acronym. In my hometown, we had a dude with "Give me head till I'm dead" tattooed on his forehead. All things considered, this guy isn't so bad. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Beauty vs. Beasts?   Tens vs. Trolls?  Inkers vs. Thinkers?  

Considering Eliza Orlins hates this very type, I'd go with Inkers vs Thinkers for a tribe of Eliza's and Fishbach's against the Dan's, Jason's, and this ugly tattooed newbie of the game.  Probst may vote himself off that season.

I absolutely love tens vs trolls.  And beauty vs beasts?  Surprised FOX didn't come up with something like that back during their era of reality shows like "The Littlest Groom" and "Who's Your Daddy".

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

So the runners up qualify as jury members I'm assuming.

Redmond said there were still names he hadn't heard but the breakdown would be:

Early Boots: So (not on the official list but was contacted per Redmond), Alexis, Cirie*, Monica*, Caleb, John Cody, Peter, Jeff, Penner*

Jurors/RUP: Andrea, Carolyn, Chelsea, Sierra Thomas (see So), Cirie*, Debbie, Hali, Monica*, Natalie B., Sarah, Sabrina, Jon Misch, JT*, LJ, Malcolm, Marty, Ozzy, Troyzan, Penner*

Winners: Danni, Sandra, Natalie A., Sophie, Earle, JT*, Mike, Tony

Unknown: Tai, Aubry

The people * obviously finished in different places in their respective seasons.  And I can't believe TPTB would put JT on a jury tribe when he won his first time out.  Same with Cirie, I don't think she'd wind up on an early boots tribe since 2 of her 3 attempts landed her on the jury.  I hope more winners are in contention, because I already didn't feel good about Danni's chances, but with this line up, and if the rumor is true, I really don't think she'll make it over Sandra and Natalie.  Maybe Sophie.  But, that's assuming Aubry doesn't win. 

Very curious who the names are that Redmond hasn't released yet.

As for CBS flipping the seasons, I don't know.  I know the argument for Second Chances was that it was a fan vote, and it was to avoid confusion and keep momentum going about the season that they flipped it with S32 (I still think part of it might have been that this season was a dud, and had it's share of ugliness amongst the castaways to air too close to S30).  CBS pushed for this returnee season, so it is possible they could bump S33 to the spring.

Edited by LadyChatts

I used to partly believe they flipped the seasons to keep two dud seasons apart but I think this season is fine now.  Now that the 'credible spoiler' I accidentally saw of Jason making final 2 was proven wrong, anyway.  And I'm not as sensitive as some here to what gets labelled 'bullying'.  I think it's part of the game to take some shit from your opponents.  

4 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I used to partly believe they flipped the seasons to keep two dud seasons apart but I think this season is fine now.  Now that the 'credible spoiler' I accidentally saw of Jason making final 2 was proven wrong, anyway.  And I'm not as sensitive as some here to what gets labelled 'bullying'.  I think it's part of the game to take some shit from your opponents.  

I did consider it bullying and ugly. That said, it hasn't ruined the season for me. I am actually enjoying this season quite a bit. I like it more than last season, in fact. Part of that is liking all newbie seasons, but I also find the play much more interesting. I am also not bothered by the evacuations. I was never that upset about the heat and Caleb. Infections happen. Joe's gluttony is on him. So, I agree that the "dud" thing is overblown. I don't think they flipped it for that reason, and I don't think they will flip the next ones. 

• Love 1

I just find it boring.  I loved last season, but when I heard this was another B/B/B theme, I figured it wasn't going to be good.  Repeat themes usually aren't (one exception might be if they do the WA theme again, which I'm sure they will).  Since round 1 of that went badly, maybe round 2 will be better.  I didn't really get into this season until the Scot vote, and I don't know if it was just seeing Scot get voted off, Scot get voted off with Jason's idol (helping with Jason's demise later on), or the fact that Tai had game and maybe had playing everyone the whole time.  But as a cast, I just find them underwhelming.  I loved Tai and Aubry of whose left, and I only warmed up to Cydney in the last couple of episodes.  She's been a non entity otherwise.  Medevacs suck, but they happen, and will continue to happen no matter where they film or what precautions they take.  I will say, I do prefer this season to WA, but it definitely ranks as one of my least favorites.

• Love 2
(edited)
On May 14, 2016 at 3:26 AM, LadyChatts said:

So the runners up qualify as jury members I'm assuming.

Redmond said there were still names he hadn't heard but the breakdown would be:

Early Boots: So (not on the official list but was contacted per Redmond), Alexis, Cirie*, Monica*, Caleb, John Cody, Peter, Jeff, Penner*

Jurors/RUP: Andrea, Carolyn, Chelsea, Sierra Thomas (see So), Cirie*, Debbie, Hali, Monica*, Natalie B., Sarah, Sabrina, Jon Misch, JT*, LJ, Malcolm, Marty, Ozzy, Troyzan, Penner*

Winners: Danni, Sandra, Natalie A., Sophie, Earle, JT*, Mike, Tony

Unknown: Tai, Aubry

The people * obviously finished in different places in their respective seasons.  And I can't believe TPTB would put JT on a jury tribe when he won his first time out.  Same with Cirie, I don't think she'd wind up on an early boots tribe since 2 of her 3 attempts landed her on the jury.  I hope more winners are in contention, because I already didn't feel good about Danni's chances, but with this line up, and if the rumor is true, I really don't think she'll make it over Sandra and Natalie.  Maybe Sophie.  But, that's assuming Aubry doesn't win. 

Very curious who the names are that Redmond hasn't released yet.

As for CBS flipping the seasons, I don't know.  I know the argument for Second Chances was that it was a fan vote, and it was to avoid confusion and keep momentum going about the season that they flipped it with S32 (I still think part of it might have been that this season was a dud, and had it's share of ugliness amongst the castaways to air too close to S30).  CBS pushed for this returnee season, so it is possible they could bump S33 to the spring.

These tribes are just a mystery to me as currently constructed (with the exception of winners tribe). I just don't understand putting Cirie on an early boots tribe when she made the Top 3 (I believe) in two of her seasons). Heck, she made it above Penner and Natalie B in Micronesia and yet they are Jurors and she is on the Early Boots tribe?? I would hope Cirie would be just as upset lol. I still remember her comment on Exile Island about her being considered an older woman lol. This is almost a slap in the face to her performance in previous seasons that they are only viewing her performance H vs V as the judgment for her placement in this tribe. I certainly hope this is not actually where she will be when she season begins. 

Edited to say, I didn't see her name on the Jurors list as well...I certainly hope this is her actual tribe otherwise it just would make zero sense..

Other than that, I am just ridiculously excited to potentially see Earl again! Maybe it was just the other duds on his season (with the exception of Yau Man and a few others) but I just loved him. Still remember him dubbing "Exile Island" as "Earl Island" and all his other various one-liners. Also glad to see Alexis again...I would have liked to see more of her - I honestly liked her more than Natalie B that season.

Edited by Sarahsmile416

I would assume that if it is an Early Boots vs. Jurors vs. Winners theme then people would be put into the tribe that represents their best placement. Unless they don't have enough of one of them then they might fudge it a little.

So I would definitely assume Cirie would be on the Jury tribe. But I'd rather never see Cirie again as she just ruins herself more in each appearance imo.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But I'd rather never see Cirie again as she just ruins herself more in each appearance imo.

I feel that way too, but I also think Cirie has gotten maybe the most consistent edit of any repeat player. Even in her first season, she was pretty smug and bossy, but it didn't come out until she was safe in her alliance. Before that she had been such an underdog that I think people gave her a pass for her less attractive behavior. It also didn't hurt that she was there with Terry (hated), Aras (tool), Danielle (non-entity), Shane (insane), Courtney (insane and annoying). But drop her into a season with other players that viewers actually like and she's not quite so lustrous. I really like Cirie, but I don't want to see her again, or anyone who's already played three times for that matter.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I really like Cirie, but I don't want to see her again, or anyone who's already played three times for that matter.

This.  I don't want to see the same people over and over and over and over.  Twice? Okay, if they aren't Hantzes or others where once was too much.  But no more than that.

• Love 5
On 5/14/2016 at 0:50 PM, azshadowwalker said:

I did consider it bullying and ugly. That said, it hasn't ruined the season for me. I am actually enjoying this season quite a bit. I like it more than last season, in fact. Part of that is liking all newbie seasons, but I also find the play much more interesting. I am also not bothered by the evacuations. I was never that upset about the heat and Caleb. Infections happen. Joe's gluttony is on him. So, I agree that the "dud" thing is overblown. I don't think they flipped it for that reason, and I don't think they will flip the next ones. 

Like LadyChatts mentioned above, Probst did confirm they flipped it so that the fans have some continuity on watching the live vote and then seeing the players they voted on play "immediately", especially as they made that huge deal about the voted players going straight to Cambodia right after the announcement. 

Regarding Bounty, whether it's bullying or not, I believe part of the reason that they did not air this back-to-back with WA was just the general ugliness towards women from both seasons. It did affect the viewership's warm fuzzies at the end of the season, like it happened with One World. Obviously Probst and Co. wouldn't admit to that, but just from the sheer amount of time spent on Will, Dan and Shirin during the reunion may have prompted them to not air Bounty and Sidekick immediately after that. 

If you ask me, I think they made the right choice - Second Chances sort of revived the excitement around this show again. At least it revived the excitement for me. It was a blast seeing Peih-Gee, Varner, Ciera, Fishbach again. It was even fun in a weird way to see Abi Maria again, and it was cool to see an unremarkable player (in her first season) like Wentworth go from a nobody to a total badass in the game. And it may not be great for their fans, but IMO it was also good TV to see previous underdog favorites like Spencer and Tasha being duds their second time around. As a whole, SC was just a lot more compelling than the recent seasons, so I'm glad TPTB aired it when they did.

It looks like they may not flip S33 and S34 seeing as that they have officially labeled it already in the media, no?

• Love 4
(edited)

Totally agree with your entire post slowpoked.  I do think the ugliness of WA (and the fact that TPTB seemed to be caught by surprised by the audience reaction) probably helped solidify any decision to flip the seasons, if there was any waffling about it.  I'm glad, too, as I think SC turned out so well.  I'm curious to see what changes they made during that season will take place in S33 and beyond.  I really loved having the idols hidden at challenges, and people knowing that now, I think it'll make it that much harder to pull off. 

In regards to the bullying this season, maybe not as bad as other seasons, especially WA.  Jason seems popular enough with the Survivors past and present so maybe it is a IRL vs TV thing (although some of his most vocal supporters, like Corinne and Dan, aren't exactly a ringing endorsement).  But I still think he's a jerk, was a jerk to Alecia for no reason, and seemed perfectly fine with it at first until he started getting attacked.  I'm sure it'll be addressed at the finale.  Let's see if his wife tries to boo and drown out Alecia.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Second Chances was much less interesting for me. I really didn't find it at all compelling. The only player I wanted to see out of the entire group prior to airing was Wiglesworth, and she was barely there. Ciera whining about no one playing because they wouldn't let her win didn't impress me any more than Kyle doing it this time. I did, however, like both Spencer and Tasha. Not sure how making it to the end is being a dud, but I guess we have different criteria. 

29 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Wasn't Worlds Apart the season Jeff was so sure we were all going to LOVE?  

Yep.  I remember him saying something along the lines that if the audience didn't love it and consider it one of the best ever, he'd never hype another season again.  

On May 16, 2016 at 9:57 AM, fishcakes said:

I feel that way too, but I also think Cirie has gotten maybe the most consistent edit of any repeat player. Even in her first season, she was pretty smug and bossy, but it didn't come out until she was safe in her alliance. Before that she had been such an underdog that I think people gave her a pass for her less attractive behavior. It also didn't hurt that she was there with Terry (hated), Aras (tool), Danielle (non-entity), Shane (insane), Courtney (insane and annoying). But drop her into a season with other players that viewers actually like and she's not quite so lustrous. I really like Cirie, but I don't want to see her again, or anyone who's already played three times for that matter.

Yeah, I guess I'm crazy but I would love seeing Cirie again. I loved Cirie in her first season, loved her more in her second, more influential season, though admittedly don't remember her short lived stint in HvV. She may even be one of my favorite Survivors ever. And I agree with another poster that if she were to play against a bunch of pre-jurors, she would dominate.

In another FvsF season she would not do so well. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I did, however, like both Spencer and Tasha. Not sure how making it to the end is being a dud, but I guess we have different criteria. 

Yes, they made it to the end, but as total goats. I guess that's what I meant by duds. Towards the end, Tasha became a complete non-entity, and Jeff even implied so and Tasha acknowledged it. Spencer shot himself at the foot with his tribal council antics, transforming him from a formidable, legitimate threat to a goat that Jeremy took over Wentworth.

Kudos to them though for getting farther than they did the first time. I guess that's an achievement in itself.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Yes, they made it to the end, but as total goats.

I hate it when people misuse (or even just overapply) the term goat.  They were not the goats in 31.  Some people apply "goat" to anyone who doesn't win in FTC.  A goat is someone who won't win against anyone.  Both could have won against certain combinations, Tasha less so than Spencer.

• Love 6

So Redmond is now saying that the theme that Reality Blurred reported is not true. He is also saying that the cast will be 20 people.

The cast will be flying out on either May 30 or May 31, so he will have all the names of the cast relatively soon.

I figured when Redmond wouldnt confirm the RB article that it wasnt true.

Very disappointed that Ciera is in the mix again. She is a very dangerous player but she will never win with the big hole in her game. She really needs to mature a decade and let some other overly scheming chick play.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:53 PM, Azgard12 said:

I hate it when people misuse (or even just overapply) the term goat.  They were not the goats in 31.  Some people apply "goat" to anyone who doesn't win in FTC.  A goat is someone who won't win against anyone.  Both could have won against certain combinations, Tasha less so than Spencer.

Besides that, I don't even know what it has to do with anything. Both Spencer and Tasha were active game players who worked to get themselves to the end and succeeded. There's a whole cast of people (Ciara, Wentworth, fill-in-the-blank) who couldn't manage it, even with idols. 

As for Ciera, I don't ever want to watch that whiny, self-important brat play again. Especially not a third time this soon. 

• Love 1

I actually loved Ciera way more during SC than I did during BvsW.  She's a Probst fave, and I do think she's got it in her to play a good game.  Anyway, her being included wouldn't surprise me, even if I don't care to see her back this soon.  I think she needs time away from her more recent seasons.  That said, I'm disappointed that the majority of the list is mainly post HvsV players.  I mean, I'm fine with having an AS season that totally caters to the more recent seasons.  If the Vanuatu-Samoa era didn't get shafted not getting a full returning player season, and if we hadn't already had SC, HvsV, BvsW, and of course, Caramoan/RI/SP who used more recent players.  I was hoping Redmond's list was wrong, or that some of the names he hadn't heard were from the pre-HvsV era.

• Love 1
(edited)

Redmond has been answering all day on sucks. It sounds like he knows pretty much all of the 20. He says that 16 of the 20 is on his original list so we know most of the names in the running.

I think Ciera is coming back but I console myself that she will be the first or second out like Shirin in S31

Edited by thehepburn
  • Love 1

Redmond said that there were about 15 names he didn't know.  He said there was a female juror who had played twice, and a male pre-juror, both post HvsV.  A lot of people are speculating it's Ciera, though I don't know where that rumor came from.  In addition, people at Sucks also think the make pre-juror could be Brad Culpepper or Brice from B/B/B.  I could handle Brice, but please don't let it be Brad, unless he is the first to go.

• Love 3
(edited)

Here are some tidbits on the cast from Redmond today.

2 male winners, 2 female winners

1 male, 1 female from season 33

there are some pre-season 20 players cast 

1 female from season 30 (which means Hali or Carolyn).  Personally am hoping it is Hali

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Also hoping it is Hali.  Jeff seemed to like her, but he also liked Carolyn, and seemed like he wanted to give her another chance.  Could just be my Hali bias, but I think Carolyn would be out earlier than Hali.  We never got to see much of her game.  From the winners?  I'd bet on Natalie and Sandra for the women (would love for Danni to be back, though).  For the men...Mike and JT?  I'd have to go back and look at the short list, I can't even remember who was listed.

I know a lot of people thought Carolyn was screwed out of second chances, and she kind of was to be honest, because she wasn't allowed to campaign like the others since she was still in the game at that point.  This might be a reason why she would get put on instead of Hali as kind of a pay back. But on the other hand Jeff really really likes Hali which is probably why she is on the list to begin with it so that might be enough to get her on. Either way we will find out next week most likely.  I am guessing that Redmond won't reveal the names of the two season 33 contestants as that would kind of be a spoiler for the upcoming season in that whoever is asked back most likely will go deep in the game. I remember he held off the names of the season 30 people that were on the second chance ballot for that very same reason. Though I am guessing by the time this cast returns those names will eventually leak out due to social media connections, etc

15 hours ago, LanceM said:

I know a lot of people thought Carolyn was screwed out of second chances, and she kind of was to be honest, because she wasn't allowed to campaign like the others since she was still in the game at that point.  This might be a reason why she would get put on instead of Hali as kind of a pay back. But on the other hand Jeff really really likes Hali which is probably why she is on the list to begin with it so that might be enough to get her on. Either way we will find out next week most likely.  I am guessing that Redmond won't reveal the names of the two season 33 contestants as that would kind of be a spoiler for the upcoming season in that whoever is asked back most likely will go deep in the game. I remember he held off the names of the season 30 people that were on the second chance ballot for that very same reason. Though I am guessing by the time this cast returns those names will eventually leak out due to social media connections, etc

Even if Carolyn was allowed to campaign, I'm still skeptical she would have been voted on.  Granted, some people might have thought she actually won, and figured the vote would be pointless.  But even putting that factor aside, I don't remember Carolyn being too popular.  She seemed to be in the beginning, when she had more screen time and seemed to be doing stuff in the game.  But I also remember her being somewhat polarizing.  People didn't like her personality.  Even after the merge, when she became a non factor, people didn't seem to be big fans of hers.  Maybe she'll surprise me in a second showing, but I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up getting blindsided pre-merge.  I'm still holding out hope for Hali!  

I also agree that, whether Redmond reveals the S33 names or not, people will figure it out.  All you have to do anymore is follow contestant's SM and see who goes missing.  I'm surprised they would consider 2 people from S33 already.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I like Ciera but I hope she isn't on this season. In fact, I hope no Second Chancers get on this returnee season. Let others play first, and let the audience miss you first before they get tired of seeing you so soon again.

Personally, I'm happy that Mike 'Merica Holloway didn't make it. There's just something about the guy that bugs me. Although I thought he would return for sure since production seems to love him, and he seems to be the Survivor Ambassador all around 'Merica the way he gets around with previous contestants.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I think 'ability to campaign' is a much weaker advantage than 'totally fresh in everyone's minds'.  

I'd be annoyed if they put Carolyn through after the fans said "no thanks".  

True, especially since Mike made the fan vote even though he wasn't able to campaign as well. And they both made the finals so it wasn't like one had more exposure over the other. Considering Shirin made it over Carolyn too, I would think the audience just never warmed to her as a player. Of course, Shirin had that bullying incident that kept her at the forefront of everyone's minds even though she was eliminated earlier than Carolyn. 

• Love 1

I can't even remember who the hell Carolyn is, so I am not sure I need to see her again. There are just some people who don't make an impression, and she appears to be one of those for me. Even if I forget which season someone is on, I can usually remember them as individuals. She is just a big mental blank spot. 

Given the option, I would pass on Carolyn.  I found her generally unpleasant, although she was camouflaged behind some truly nasty people. And her ineptitude on the fire-making challenge was embarrassing. (Why anyone would show up on this show without knowing how to make fire with a flint is a mystery. Right, Cydney?)

But I might just be ready to throw that whole season in the bin. We've had Joe and Shirin twice, and I keep hearing people on RHAP talking about how much they'd like to have the world's creepiest coconut vendor back. I enjoyed Jenn, but her quitting should close the door on her return. Hali would be okay, but I would lose her if it meant we could pretend WA didn't happen.

• Love 5

WOW, 2 players from S33 are playing back to back? That is insane. They havent yet had a minute to recover. and they are at a distinct advantage bc no one from S34 knows who they are. I hate when they do that.

• Love 1

I'm just surprised they are using 2 from S33.  I'm curious if TPTB are banking on them being huge fan favorites, if they found themselves in a Stephenie/Bobby Jon situation, were rivals, or just got screwed by circumstances.  Though I guess they did bring James and Amanda over in the same season, so it has been done before.  Also, Russell Hantz played back to back.  I believe he stayed right in Samoa because HvsV filming started almost right away.

As for the WA crew, Hali, Jenn, and So would be the only 3 I'd want to see back.  I know Jenn unofficially quit, but looking back, I can't entirely blame her.  There was absolutely nothing she was going to do to break that godawful alliance.  I liked what we saw of her early in the game.  Had the post-merge turned out differently, I think we would have gotten more of that Jenn.  However, I'd much rather see Hali back over any of them.  If Carolyn isn't on this season, I do question if we'll see her down the road.  The only other ones I could see being asked back at some point are Mike (though I'd prefer not), and maybe Rodney.  The more new seasons that pass between returnee seasons, the less likely we are to see some of these people at least.

• Love 1