Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

Didn't know the proper place to put this and if another thread has already started discussing it, please feel free to delete it. The rumors are another full-returning players season. The cast list can still be cut down. The potential names so far:

Men:

Caleb 

Earl

J.T. 

Jon C. (BvW)

Jon M. (SJDS)

LJ 

Malcolm

Marty

Mike

Ozzy

Penner

Peter

Troyzan

Tony 

Varner

Women:

Alexis

Andrea

Carolyn

Chelsea

Cirie

Danni

Hali

Monica

Natalie A (SJSD)

Natalie B. (FvF)

Sabrina

Sandra

Sarah

Sophie

Still about six unnamed females and five unnamed males. Pretty interesting list, I think. Almost like this mixture of winners and second chancers. That could very well be the theme. 

• Love 3

I'm immediately struck by a division between early boots (pre-merge), mid-game (jury), and finalists.

Can't imagine how I'd dress that up to casual viewers, though.

Winners vs Losers vs Nobodies?  Sound rough.

• Love 3

A name I saw thrown around Reddit, Champs vs. Challengers. That's not official but something like that would fit. 

I'm assuming with so many winners of the list, one tribe will be completely winners.

• Love 2

An abundance of riches, if all those names are truly on the list, and eager to play again.  My personal choices of the ones listed:

Women: Andrea, Carolyn, Cirie, Danni, Hali, Natalie A., Sabrina, Sandra, Sarah, Sophie

Men: Caleb, Earl, JT, Malcolm, Mike, Ozzy, Penner, Troyzan, Tony (will he really play again after the beating his body took?), Varner. 

Only disappointment: Kim's name is nowhere to be found.  If she will play, take out Hali. 

btw, with the choices I made, I bet a woman wins. 

• Love 3

btw, with the choices I made, I bet a woman wins. 

Hope it's Sandra, so she can continue being the only player to win every time she played.

As I mentioned in the other spoiler thread, I'm not a huge fan of returnee seasons. I don't hate this list, though, if we must have returnees. I will bite and make my choices, for what it matters.

Women: 

1. SANDRA!!!!
  2. Cirie, even though I really have a bad taste in my mouth from Rob getting four chances to finally win. Cirie won't get the advantage of having a bunch of newbies to play against, though.
  3. Chelsea, because I'd like to see what she can do without Kim around.
  4. Sabrina, same as Chelsea.
  5. Danni, just because she's only played once. She's not my favorite by any means. Barely remember her, in fact, but that's the closest we get to a newbie, I guess. Kind of weird that a "newbie-ish" player would be a winner.
  6. Natalie A., because I watched so little of SJDS. Didn't even know she won until earlier this week.
  7. Andrea, because I did really like her in her first season.
  8. Monica, because I liked her story of trying to stand on her own in One World. Just leave her husband at home, please. 
  9. Sophie, because she should get to play without the craziness of Coach and Brandon dragging her down.

Men: 

1. Caleb, since he didn't get to play. He did challenges, but he never went to tribal. He should get the chance, even if I think he got a rosy edit.
  2. Earl, because I loved the way he stroked Yau Man's big ego at FTC.
  3. Mike, because I'd like to see if he has to play the social game instead of the IC game.
  4. Ozzy, because the pick of men is so weak. Seriously, can we have an all-female Survivor this season?
  5. Peter, because so many people hate him to an (IMHO, YMMV, WTF-EVER) unreasonable degree.
  6. JT, I guess. Make him explain his love letter to Russell again. This is really just because I either hate or can't remember the other dudes.
  7. Tony, because I checked out on his season, too, so I have neither good nor bad feelings towards him.
  8. Malcolm, because he's going to make the cut anyway. Too many Golden Boys with him, Caleb, Ozzy and JT.
  9. Varner, because he's not Penner. No fucking obnoxious, self-important Penner, please, even if it means self-important, bitter Varner.

Didn't someone say Kim recently had (or was having) another baby? 

I can't get excited about this list, mainly because there are people missing, people are no doubt going to get bumped for a S33 player, some of the people I really want to see again likely won't make it, and a few people I could care less at ever seeing again are no doubt locks.

Still, sort of an interesting mix.  Really surprised by the inclusion of Varner and Hali (though happy).

If I had to pick:

WOMEN

1) Sandra (even though she will probably be targeted first chance her tribe gets, especially if this cast has the mindset of the original AS.  Hopefully she can at least make the jury)

2) Hali (even though she was UTR during WA, I think she had the potential to play a good game, and would like to see what she can do under different circumstances)

3) Danni (so happy to see her name in the mix!  Been wanting to see her back for a long time.  As far as former winners go, she's one that practically fell off the grid.  I think she could do well a second time, since she keeps herself off the radar).

4) Chelsea (not a huge favorite of mine, but beats some of the alternatives, and I would also like to see what she can do without Kim around)

5) Sabrina (same as Chelsea, although unlike Chelsea, she is a favorite of mine.  I was disappointed to see her cut from Second Chances)

6) Natalie A (I barely remember anything about Natalie until she took her revenge on Jon.  Definitely deserved it and peaked at the right time)

7) Natalie B (can we finally get the batshit crazy member of the Black Widow Brigade back?)

8) Andrea (felt she went through 2 crappy seasons, would be nice if she could play in a decent one)

9) Carolyn (don't really like her, wouldn't care if she went first, but would like to see her actually have to make moves without an alliance security)

Also, if So is included in the mix, I'd bump Carolyn for her.

MEN

1) Caleb (would love to see him get a chance to actually play, considering he never even had to go to TC before he was medevaced)

2) Earl (I don't detest Fiji as much as most people, but Earl was really the only acceptable winner of that final 3.  Much like Danni, I think he could go deep in the game if he stays off the radar in the beginning)

3) Ozzy (I'm usually against anyone coming back more than 3 times, but it's Ozzy.  I can't say no to him)

4) John Cody (was disappointed when he got axed from BvsW so early, would really love to see what he can do sans having Candice on the opposing tribe, and not having to deal with Brad Culpepper's dumb decision)

5) Jon M. (much like the other John, would like to see him play without Jaclyn.  Hopefully he won't constantly be "in the middle" again).

6) Marty (I still remember him sitting in the jury box when Na'Onka and Purple Kelly quit, saying that he actually wanted to play.  Only other person I wanted to see back from Nicaragua besides Brenda was him.  Hope he gets the chance).

7) Tony (wonder if he'll find someone else to either be his new Woo or that he can make llama noises at)

8) Malcolm (see Ozzy.  Also, TPTB ruined my dream season of gorgeous Survivor manbuns by not having Joe on the roster)

9) Varner or Penner (both are good entertainment value.  I'd take Varner over Penner since Penner has had 2 other shots.  Hopefully Varner's health can hold up this time).

Kim confirmed on RHAP that she is preggers and that she will get an operation after this one since her fecundity is too much even for her. No one from OW should ever come back anyway since it was the worst cast ever. Well,either that or WA or Thailand.

I would like it if "Hey Done" would come back to give the winners a run for their money. Him and Earl running the game would be boss/

Edited by thehepburn

I hope that the cast list consideration is deeper than what was posted, because the vast majority of those names of both potential men and women bore the hell out of me. There are other players I would much rather see again. Yeah, there were a few names on that list that excite me, but certainly not enough for an entire season. 

• Love 2

I have zero interest in seeing Peter again and I would be surprised if he gets voted in.  I was pleased last time around that Carolyn, who I'm sure thought she was a shoo in since she was on the currently airing season, didn't make it.  The message seems to be that people don't like people who are boring and nasty.

I would vote for

Men:  Caleb, Earl. JT. John Cody, Jon Misch, LJ, Mike Holloway, Tai and Hayden (if it's the one from Big Brother whose girlfriend didn't make the merge)

Women:  I am drawing a blank on many of these.  So I would vote for Cirie, Danni, Monica, Natalie Anderson, Sabrina, Sandra and hope that there are other yet-to-be named better choices.

I really hope the voting is better this time.  I hated the fact that I was forced to pick 9.  I should get 9 votes and if I want to vote all 9 to one person, I should be allowed to.  Also, they need to come up with a system to make it one vote per email address.  If people want to stuff the ballot box at least make them work for it.  I hate when scripting cheats the system.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1

There is no voting for season 34. I mean obviously things could change in the next month but as of now according to Redmond the casting department is going to decide who comes back.

Edited by LanceM

No voting?  Ahh crap.  Penner and Ozzy are automatic locks then, and I'm sure they'll put Peter and Carolyn on as well.  Come of think of it, might be interesting seeing how those two would interact.  Both of them think of themselves as the smartest person in the room.

• Love 1

I feel like the locks would be Sandra, Cirie, Caleb, Tai, Mike, Carolyn, Natalie A, Tony, Malcolm, Ozzy, Earl, Penner, and Sabrina, possibly Jon M, Andrea, Troyzan, and Chelsea.

I also wish they were doing fan voting again, but they probably know that some of these choices don't stand a chance in hell of being voted back in (as some of them already found out through the Second Chance voting).

Edited by LadyChatts

I am kind of sad that Neleh and John Carroll aren't on the list since they have been campaigning on twitter for the last year asking to come back.  As far as the ist goes I am hoping that Natalie Bolton finally gets her chance to come back. It seems like she has been considered so many time before in fact I believe she was an alternative for HvV ready to fly out should one of the women had to be replaced at the last moment

• Love 2

I'm disappointed there aren't more old schoolers in general.  One thing I enjoyed about second chances was seeing the likes of Savage, Wiglesworth, Kimmi, and Varner again, even if Wiglesworth did fizzle out.  But I enjoyed seeing them on my screen far more than the people who had just played in the last couple of years.  I'm hoping Neleh eventually gets her chance to return.  Kind of sucks for the old schoolers that they put the show on the map, yet because it wasn't in the dawn of the social media age they seem to get ignored by production.

• Love 2

Like the one for season 31, this candidate list is a disappointment. It's something of a testament to how badly casting has fallen off that out of literally hundreds of people who played, they come up with a group of people that consists of likeable people who've probably already played too many times, hateful asses like Carolyn and Troyzan, a lot of filler contestants (Alexis, seriously?), and maybe a couple of people we'd like to see again who haven't already played the same game several times over. As much as I love this show, if the best they can do involves potentially bringing back Marty, then maybe it's time to for them to pack it in.

Then again, season 31 turned out to be pretty good, but maybe because viewers had a say in who to bring back and also they were all only one-time players. There was some deadweight, but it could have been worse.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

Why aren't the producers automatically wiping out winners and people who have played in at least two previous seasons? As much as I like Sandra and Malcolm, I liked Season 31's format and criteria.

I think Hali had a lot of potential and a remarkably good edit, given that she only made it to eleventh place on her season.

• Love 2

I wonder if Julia will be added to the list? Probst seems to be hinting at wanting to give her a second shot in his interview with EW today.

I loved it. I can’t say enough about Julia. So young and so mature and so brave. She’s playing a reckless game and that is to be commended. She is playing one of the most aggressive games of anyone still left. She’s a contender. Every move comes with a potential negative consequence. But as you and I often talk about in this column, Monday morning quarterbacking is for couch potatoes. If you are a true fan who has imagined actually having to play this game you can only admire the attempt. Many, many, many winners have played two or even three sides. And many, many winners needed a second shot, or more to make it happen.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

Kim confirmed on RHAP that she is preggers and that she will get an operation after this one since her fecundity is too much even for her. No one from OW should ever come back anyway since it was the worst cast ever. Well,either that or WA or Thailand.

Well, too late. Kat, Colton and Monica already played again. And Troy and Sabrina got back for Second Chances but didn't get the fans' votes. For being one of the worse seasons, already 1/3 of the cast has been contacted about possibly coming back (and some have come back).

And I'm sure the producers are just waiting for the chance to have Kim come back when she's done having babies. I know she's boring TV, but I like smooth operator-type winners, and I appreciated how much she dominated the game without anyone even suspecting it until it's too late. It will be fun to see her calm personality go against more alpha-type characters, both male and female.

I like to see Chelsea again. She's my girl crush from One World. Shallow, but I like her. Her discussion with Tarzan about her boob job is still one of the funniest Survivor moments for me.

Why is Andrea Boehlke there again? She's so bland and unmemorable. At least Brenda will have TeethGate forever.

Not a bad selection of cast, although it seems there are too many players returning for 3 or more times. Do we really need Ozzy, Sandra, Malcolm, Monica, Penner, JT and Cirie again??? Personally, I'd like to see this get treated as Second Chances again, more than Third Time's the Charm or Fourth's Time The Charm kind of thing, although not too blatant about it and repeatedly banging our heads over the Second Chance theme. Who are they going to rig this for if not Boston Rob???

Alexis Maxwell has been shamelessly begging Jeff for YEARS now to allow her to come back. I guess the begging finally paid off. I'd rather see Sarah Dawson again though if only to see she will kiss Jeff again or not. And where's Morgan "I choose to be cute" Mcleod??? I would pick her over boring, bland Andrea.

I think Hali had a lot of potential and a remarkably good edit, given that she only made it to eleventh place on her season.

I'm glad it's her and not Jenn Brown who's getting considered. Frankly, I think the producers are hoping that the Kelley Wentworth magic powder dust strikes again, and they're hoping that someone will come out like that who played rather forgettably the first time.

But no Anna Khait though? Especially after Jeff hyped her as having "a LOT more game" than when she got voted out??

Among the winners, I'm surprised Denise Stapley is not being considered, since Jeff has included her in his top 10 all-time best winners list.

Edited by slowpoked

I wouldn't mind seeing Jenn Brown back.  I usually don't care to ever see someone who quit (officially or unofficially) back, but in Jenn's case, from what we saw pre-merge, I do think she is someone that could play a great game under the right circumstances.  Same with Hali.  Unfortuantely, they both wound up in a season where there was a post-merge alliance that would not budge, even when deceptions were staring them right in the face.  I think one of my favorite moments last season was after Carolyn's idol play, Mike was in disbelief that alliance (what was left of it) was practically singing kumbaya after Carolyn and the others had equally deceived each other.  I think Jenn and Hali both, given the chance, could have made their mark and made a great case for themselves to win.  Joe's already been back, and the only other people I would care to see are pre-merge boots So and Lindsey.  Hopefully the names Max, Dan, Vince, Shirin, and the ultra forgettable Sierra and Tyler are never brought up in casting (or, if they already were, hopefully never again).

I seriously do not remember anything about Alexis.  I had to look her up.  All the pre-merge boots to pick from, and they choose her?  So Neleh and John Carroll may not have been pre-merge boots, but they've been very vocal on twitter and SM for years about returning, and would be more memorable than her.  It probably doesn't help she was in a season with such memorable contestants.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jenn Brown back.  I usually don't care to ever see someone who quit (officially or unofficially) back, but in Jenn's case, from what we saw pre-merge, I do think she is someone that could play a great game under the right circumstances. 

I think that's what soured me on Jenn. She was my pick early in the game, and I thought of her as a little firecracker who could give a rat's ass about what everyone is thinking, but when her buddy got voted out, she just simply refused to play the game anymore. It's Survivor, not a sorority party. I would have wanted to see her fight till the bitter end like Shirin did, even though the result would have been inevitable anyway.

I don't know why the producers seemed enamored with WA cast. Is there something really memorable with Carolyn, other than she fills a demographic? And Mike Holloway, ugh. He's the player you just like by default because of the horrendous people he's with, but if I hear that raspy voice again yelling 'Merica, I'm gone.

• Love 2

I think that's what soured me on Jenn. She was my pick early in the game, and I thought of her as a little firecracker who could give a rat's ass about what everyone is thinking, but when her buddy got voted out, she just simply refused to play the game anymore. It's Survivor, not a sorority party. I would have wanted to see her fight till the bitter end like Shirin did, even though the result would have been inevitable anyway.

I don't know why the producers seemed enamored with WA cast. Is there something really memorable with Carolyn, other than she fills a demographic? And Mike Holloway, ugh. He's the player you just like by default because of the horrendous people he's with, but if I hear that raspy voice again yelling 'Merica, I'm gone.

Considering how Probst hyped the cast beyond belief, to the point of saying it was one of the best ever, I'm not surprised.  Of course, that was before the season started airing, reality set in, and Probst had to backtrack on his statements.  But I believe, for whatever reason, he's got a thing for this group, even if they were a mix of terrible and forgettable.  I feel like it's saying 'screw you' to the viewers by trying to make them happen.  I'm not surprised Mike would be back.  Hopefully he is shown the door quickly.  It was both entertaining and insufferable watching him during second chances criss crossing around the country and chatting with prospective contestants (some of whom didn't even make the final ballot).  We know that former players create pre-game alliances, but Mike was one of the first I recall being so open about aligning with anyone and everyone that was a possibility to make it, without actually coming out and saying that's what he was doing.  I could care less to see Carolyn again.  I thought she, too, had some fire in her, but her game was a disappointment.  Similarly, what is with all the Koah Rang people on the roster?  Debbie, Aubry, Anna, Caleb, Tai, Peter?  Caleb makes sense to have such a quick turn around, and I guess Tai, since he is/was a big fan fave.  But the others?  I don't get why they are in such a hurry to bring them back.

• Love 1

Well, too late. Kat, Colton and Monica already played again. And Troy and Sabrina got back for Second Chances but didn't get the fans' votes. For being one of the worse seasons, already 1/3 of the cast has been contacted about possibly coming back (and some have come back).

I am aware that a whopping 3 from OW have already played again. Just like 3 has played from RI and 3 played from SP. All such "great" seasons.

I also wish they were doing fan voting again,

It'll probably be a while before that happens again, considering that they just did it.  Remember, the currently airing season was actually filmed 31st, before the Second Chance voting even happened.  It was pushed back to air as season 32 because of the nature of the Second Chance fan voting.  And they haven't shot season 33 yet, have they?  I think they'll be starting up shortly after this season's finale.

So looking at it from production perspective, the last season they shot was the one with fan voting.  And season gimmicks tend to rotate about every 2.5 years.  Meaning it'll be at least after the Fijian seasons being discussed here before we get Second Chance 2: Fan Vote Boogaloo.

• Love 2

And they haven't shot season 33 yet, have they?  I think they'll be starting up shortly after this season's finale.

I think they already did, no? Or maybe currently filming? Redmond said S34 is on schedule to start filming May/June. So I would think S33 should be wrapping up soon, if not already done.

I am aware that a whopping 3 from OW have already played again. Just like 3 has played from RI and 3 played from SP. All such "great" seasons.

I think for some reason some casts as a group just didn't work well together, but there are still worthwhile people in there to bring back for a second time or so. Like, personally, I think Nicaragua was the worst cast ever, but I didn't mind seeing Brenda play again, although I was disappointed she went softie on Caramoan, and not the Black Widow I was expecting her to be.

I didn't mind seeing Monica Culpepper again on BvW, although I could do without her husband. Colton will probably never be back, seeing Jeff's seething hatred when he quit. And Kat was obviously a stunt-casting to get her Big Brother boyfriend to play (I guess, ex-bf now).

I would actually like to see the One World concept play out again. I think it's a solid concept and theme. What derailed the first one was that they based the tribes on gender, immediately putting the two tribes at "us against them" mode. If the tribes would were mixed gender, I think we would have seen more inter-tribe relations play out, like players making alliances on other tribes, like Colton tried to do. At least, that's what the producers were hoping for when they did the One World concept. I think it would be interesting to see tribes mingle with one another looking forward to the merge.

Edited by slowpoked

I don't remember Alexis either.  And I see that it was said that So Kim from Worlds Apart might have been contacted?  Why?  I don't need to see her ever again.  First boot, and it wasn't just bad luck.  It was because she was a terrible player and had an extremely high opinion of herself.

Is Peter really a favourite of anybody's?  Why would the show want him back?

I have to wonder why Sandra would come back. The odds of her reaching the 117 days mountaintop would be pretty slim, let alone winning her third crown/tiara. And she had to deal with two of the biggest assholes in the show's history in her first two tours. Why risk a third headache?

Sandra doesnt think in those terms. She is not interested in preserving her legacy. She likes the game and she knows that she is instinctively suited for the game. She wants to play again because she think it's probably another easy mil/

• Love 1

I really like Mike from WA so I do hope he comes back. I admit that at the beginning he was a bit of a butthole but I think he changed early enough in the season that he was ok with me. I would hope that from this season Cydney would come back, but maybe she's not interested. I don't care to see Tai again, especially if Caleb comes back. Once was enough with his creepiness. 

Sandra doesnt think in those terms. She is not interested in preserving her legacy. She likes the game and she knows that she is instinctively suited for the game. She wants to play again because she think it's probably another easy mil/

And because she's made of 100% pure badassed awesomeness.

• Love 9

Are those things you heard her say recently in interviews or in social media or just what you imagine her thoughts on it would be?