Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, loki567 said:

The only possible interesting wrinkle is the fact that Troy is starting on a different tribe that Sarah and Culpepper. Dalton Ross posted a picture of Sarah, Culpepper, JT, and Ozzy talking so the obvious speculation is that might be an alliance there. Likely there's a tribe flip coming at some point but I wonder if Troy might end up surviving past his tribe mates and gets the respect vote because of it. I guess I'm preparing myself to jump on the Troyzan train because I find him the least objectionable of that F3. 

I'm pretty sure that Troy and Brad have a pregame alliance which is why it didnt matter that they started on different tribes.

So here is the second preview CBS posted on their Youtube site.  CBS deleted the first preview, likely because of a lengthly conversation someone was having about spoilers in the comments (the Clubs that Suck board screencapped the conversation, and the person has a slightly different pre-jury than the boot list that was circulating-they have Debbie and Tai pre-merge, and Malcolm and Varner making the merge, whereas the boot list had them flipped.  I guess we'll find out when the show starts, but it's interesting CBS would flat out delete that promo, instead of just cleaning up the comments.  The new preview they posted was practically the same as the first one.

I do think there's a strong chance Ciera is one of the first two to go, along with Tony.  So it may take until the 3rd boot to know for sure what spoilers are accurate or not. 

33 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Are the boot lists in this thread.  If I get a yes, I will go back and look again.  I might have missed them, thanks. 

Here's the one I've seen circulated:

(Pre merge) Ciera, Tony, JT, Malcolm, Caleb (was seen on Snapchat prior to the cast coming home), Jeff, Sandra, Ozzy (? some are unclear if he's the last pre-merge boot or if he makes the merge and possibly misses out on the jury)

(Merge) Zeke, Tai, Michaela (posted, then deleted, a photo of her wearing a yellow buff that is suppose to be the merge buff), Debbie, Aubry, Andrea, Hali, Cirie, Sierra

(Final 3) Sarah, Brad, Troyzan

There've been other bootlists that are similar to this one, but maybe have some of the order off, but get it almost close.  Ozzy didn't look to really have lost any weight, while Sierra and Sarah both look like they did.  Sierra also seems really excited about this season, which makes me wonder if she did make it far again (and maybe actually did something to get there). 

We'll see!  Like I said, I may be skeptical even if Ciera and Tony are the first to go, since everyone is targeting them.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

If the jury's that heavily female, it is a pretty decent sign for a Sarah win. Not impossible for a guy win but the odds are even more lopsided than Chris in Vanuatu. I'm kinda flummoxed on how Troyzan and Brad end up the last two guys. If you were going to pick two guys who were able to advance with a female alliance, those two guys wouldn't be your first choice.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, loki567 said:

I'm kinda flummoxed on how Troyzan and Brad end up the last two guys. If you were going to pick two guys who were able to advance with a female alliance, those two guys wouldn't be your first choice.  

True...unless Troy actually learned a lesson from his season (with the powerful force that is Kim Spradlin), and decided to work with women instead of against them.

• Love 2

Assuming that final 3 is true, then maybe Brad and Troyzan were insufferable goats.  That is one thing that made me skeptical, unless Brad and Troyzan were in the majority and it was a good old fashioned Pagonging of the minority alliance.  Since Jeff basically said idols will be anywhere and everywhere this season (which translates to we'll provide them for our favorites when they are in trouble), that could be another way Brad and Troy get by.  Sarah could win where she gets them to do the dirty work and she keeps her hands clean.  Somewhere Sierra said she had an alliance with Troyzan, so that could make sense if she finish deep (she then contradicted herself again in another interview and said she did, in fact, want to work with the girls this season).  I'd have to go find the interview, but Troyzan did say he wanted to work with the women this season.  Maybe he figures a jury full of woman, and one woman standing, they'll be bitter that it wasn't them.  Who knows.  I'm really hoping this boot list does turn out to be wrong, but I'm leaning towards it being somewhat accurate.  

I will absolutely love it if Probst's two man crushes make it all the way to the end and end up getting beat by someone he probably figured would be a non factor this season.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I will absolutely love it if Probst's two man crushes make it all the way to the end and end up getting beat by someone he probably figured would be a non factor this season.

Yes. Jeff had this to say to Josh Wigler.

" I still think Sarah is going to be overwhelmed. I think the level of talent is so high that she really doesn’t have a shot."

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Assuming that final 3 is true, then maybe Brad and Troyzan were insufferable goats.

Really?  I thought a page or two back, the goats were perceived to be Brad and Sarah, and that Troyzan was the one received the best by the jury.  Unless it was determined somewhere else that, indeed, Sarah actually came off better to them.

15 minutes ago, Michel said:

Really?  I thought a page or two back, the goats were perceived to be Brad and Sarah, and that Troyzan was the one received the best by the jury.  Unless it was determined somewhere else that, indeed, Sarah actually came off better to them.

The Troy/Brad/Sarah F3 is said by pretty much everyone with a bootlist. The one who implied that the females on the jury were mad at Sarah also said that Michaela didnt make merge, which most dont believe anymore. Later bootlists are saying Sarah wins.

Basically, noone knows who wins.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thehepburn said:

The Troy/Brad/Sarah F3 is said by pretty much everyone with a bootlist. The one who implied that the females on the jury were mad at Sarah also said that Michaela didnt make merge, which most dont believe anymore. Later bootlists are saying Sarah wins.

Basically, noone knows who wins.

Ah.  Then that makes more sense to me.

Of this F3, I'm hoping like hell it's Sarah who takes it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

How can they say that anybody has won, when the winner is announced live on the reunion show?

I think most people are taking a guess, since she's up against Troyzan and Brad.  Jeff's attitude might be telling how this season goes (I would assume he would know by now who won).  He barely made a peep during KR, and the only thing he ever talks about in regards to that season is how the bitter jury got is wrong.  Yet he raved about MvsGX and Cambodia.

I haven't buried into spoilers deep but I scanned some stuff at Reddit and while very excited about the season I am also super disappointed that none of my personal favorites seem to be around long.  I can't even remember who Sarah and Troyzan are and Brad only because he was semi famous and sort of a pain.   Its not that my favorites aren't winning so much though as I won't be watching them.  At least Ciera (the Ciera/Sierra thing is driving me a bit nuts because I don't remember a Sierra either) isn't supposed to be around long.  Maybe Jeff will finally shut up about her.  I swear if I have to watch another secret scene of her telling us how she has so much game I'll gag.  I'm not into bragging.  I'm really not into bragging when there isn't anything to back it up. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think most people are taking a guess, since she's up against Troyzan and Brad.  Jeff's attitude might be telling how this season goes (I would assume he would know by now who won).  He barely made a peep during KR, and the only thing he ever talks about in regards to that season is how the bitter jury got is wrong.  Yet he raved about MvsGX and Cambodia.

It's interesting that Sarah is the preferred candidate of this admittedly gruesome Final 3. I think her first outing featured some atrocious gameplay, and I'm not a fan of her personality, especially on her boot-episode and post-show. 

Troyzan, OTOH, played fairly solidly and was a scrapper. Sure, he cast a rogue vote against Kim and had the "this is my island" tirade, but I'm fine with him even at least being brought back, which is more than I can say for the other 2. 

Edited by Oholibamah
47 minutes ago, Oholibamah said:

Troyzan, OTOH, played fairly solidly and was a scrapper.

Yeah -- a "scrapper" who alienated the entire tribe due to his poor sportsmanship.  Some example of playing "fairly solidly."

• Love 2

Whenever a final 3 is rumored in a season like this, whoever the least offensive was in their original season is usually predicted the winner.  I barely remember anything about Sarah compared to Brad and Troy.  I can believe that they could be the final 3, but I don't see how anyone could predict a winner since we have no idea what's going to happen this season.

Assuming for a second that the boot list is correct, and the women dominate at the merge, Troy and Brad had to have some connections to make it to the final 3, or been extremely terrible to be around that there's no way they could win.  So depending how that goes could work for or against Sarah, if she burned bridges.

Edited by LadyChatts
6 hours ago, Michel said:

Yeah -- a "scrapper" who alienated the entire tribe due to his poor sportsmanship.  Some example of playing "fairly solidly."

Sarcasm duly noted, but I maintain that he played well from the majority until the women realigned at the merge.

His explosive gameplay after his standing was revealed wasn't how I would have played it (which, to be fair, I already addressed) but spotlighting Kim's dominance could have shaken the bottom of the women's alliance. She was just too good. 

Again, I don't think he's any sort of strategic brain trust, but I'd take him over Sarah and Brad any day. 

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Whenever a final 3 is rumored in a season like this, whoever the least offensive was in their original season is usually predicted the winner.  I barely remember anything about Sarah compared to Brad and Troy.  I can believe that they could be the final 3, but I don't see how anyone could predict a winner since we have no idea what's going to happen this season.

Assuming for a second that the boot list is correct, and the women dominate at the merge, Troy and Brad had to have some connections to make it to the final 3, or been extremely terrible to be around that there's no way they could win.  So depending how that goes could work for or against Sarah, if she burned bridges.

Also, idols could be a factor.  Troyzan found one in One World, after all.  Unsure if Brad has the brains to find one, though.

• Love 2

Troyzan got completely hoodwinked by Kim, but then so did everyone else.  As OHB says above (this time my like was not an accident), Troy played well till then.  He got booted, along with the other men, because it took them too long to see Kim was not on his side. 

Not voting for Kim as the winner was Troy's biggest douche-league move. 

• Love 3

The first boot is now apparently down to Ciera or Debbie.  CBS is now running a promo that includes footage of Hali competing in the second immunity challenge. Varner was also shown in the promo as well.

36 minutes ago, LanceM said:

The first boot is now apparently down to Ciera or Debbie.  CBS is now running a promo that includes footage of Hali competing in the second immunity challenge. Varner was also shown in the promo as well.

Well, if Debbie makes the merge as initially speculated from the bootlist, that can only mean Ciera for the first boot.

There was the person who was claiming some of the merge order was wrong, and Debbie didn't make the it after all.  So I guess we'll see if any scenario is correct.  I can believe Ciera is the first boot (she seems like she's barely been mentioned).  At the very least, I can believe she is an early boot.

Happy Hali makes it, since she was speculated to be possibly be a first boot.  There is a shot of the first TC where it looks like all the torches are red, which if that's just not a promo shot, could mean Mana loses the first challenge and Ciera is gone.

Does the first episode have 2 boots?

• Love 1

Here is a screen cap of the Hali footage at the immunity challenge (I am very relieved to see this as she is one of the few players that I am really excited about seeing this season)

KPeOp5Y.png

And Varner.

sidtdIA.png

And yes I believe it two separate boots the first night

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-game-changers-no-revote-twist-revealed-25933

New TC twist this year: there will be no re-vote in a tie, it will automatically go to discussion, then rocks if an agreement can't be made.  I'm sure they are hoping for more moments like the chaotic TC where Jessica was the unlucky soul to draw the purple rock.

Also, I wish Jeff would wait until TC to throw this on them.  Maybe even wait until there's an actually tie.  But they probably assume that'll lead to more gaming back at camp.  Not sure how I feel about this.  I don't see how it'll really lead to changes in vote  splitting (which Jeff says is the reason they are doing it), and it could lead to people being afraid to flip and make moves.

On the other hand, it would be nice if underdogs didn't fall victim to a vote split.  I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I haven't decided yet if I like this or not. On the one hand I do like that we won't be seeing all this ridiculous split votes that seem to occur at every tribal council lately. On the had it makes the hidden immunity idol that much more powerful which I don't really like and it may have the opposite effect that Jeff intended which is the players will play more cautiously. Still though I do like that they are throwing new wrinkles at these players to strategize around which I think it is a good thing.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, loki567 said:

Likely it'll just lead to members of the minority alliance throwing each other under the bus faster but I'm alright with it. Revotes are a waste of time. 

I think re-votes can be interesting.  However, most of the time it's the majority deciding whose going home in the end anyway, and leaving the minority unable to flex any muscle that they had left.  But there have been some good re-votes that ended up not going to rocks.  

Of course since I hate Probst and his hype of moments like this, I would find it hysterical if the majority alliance actually managed to make a tie breaker work in their favor and outsmart the process of this twist (force a tie on 2+ of their own, so at least those two people would be safe, leaving more members of the minority alliance vulnerable).  Still would come down to a rock, though.  I guess I'll wait and see.  I just hope it doesn't make people afraid to do anything.

(edited)

I haven't seen it yet, but there's a new promo out with Debbie in the second challenge.  Since she and Ciera were the only two unaccounted for after the first challenge, looks like Ciera is going first.

I would love it though if CBS found a way to beat the whole spoiling game and someone no one saw coming is the first boot.  Mainly because I like Ciera, but also because I don't want that boot list being right.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2017 at 6:05 PM, LadyChatts said:

From reading the pregame interviews done by Gordon Holmes it seemed like a lot of people mentioned both Brad and Troyzan as people they would be willing to take to the end because they don't feel like they will get the jury's vote for one reason or another. If people are already thinking this before the game as begun, I can see how even small actions done by Brad or Troyzan in the game could cement these preconceived notions. I haven't looked at potential boot lists so I don't know if the same people talking about them in the interviews are the same people on the jury. Just a thought.

• Love 1

Kinda of interesting in terms of overall dynamic.  If you have a season with a lot of alpha male types, or any particularly majority of a type,  goats would be non alpha types, women.  An alpha type or two at final would get the votes from all the alpha types on the jury, alpha type game play would be seen as most valued etc.  If you look at it this isn't a season of alpha types so...alpha types game play is not seen as valued, liked much and seen as goats?  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Giesela said:

Kinda of interesting in terms of overall dynamic.  If you have a season with a lot of alpha male types, or any particularly majority of a type,  goats would be non alpha types, women.  An alpha type or two at final would get the votes from all the alpha types on the jury, alpha type game play would be seen as most valued etc.  If you look at it this isn't a season of alpha types so...alpha types game play is not seen as valued, liked much and seen as goats?  

Depends on the Jury math, and the strength of the alpha/non-alpha Jurors' allegiance to their own kind.  To continue on your scenario of two alpha males and one non-alpha female at F3:  It wouldn't be inconceivable for alpha Jury voters to split their votes between the two alpha finalists.  If such were to occur AND alphas comprise anything less than 2/3 of the Jury, then the non-alpha could score a dark horse win - PROVIDED she picked up 100% of the remaining non-alpha Jury vote.

On 2/28/2017 at 4:59 PM, LadyChatts said:

I don't see how it'll really lead to changes in vote  splitting (which Jeff says is the reason they are doing it), and it could lead to people being afraid to flip and make moves.

I don't even know if vote splitting is the huge problem he is making it out to be. Sounds like a flawed solution to a questionable problem. 

I gathered that he hopes that it will affect voting.  Something about if you are in a minority alliance, know you are the one going home? rather than trying garner votes to to vote out someone in the majority, you can secretly tgt someone else in the minority alliance so that there is a tie.  Then, if everyone can't agree on who goes home, everyone picks rocks.  Theoretically two allied people on the bottom could try to make this happen in the hopes that they would both be spared.  However after the last picks rocks I can't imagine that they will ever not pick someone out of the two tie'd people again.  It certainly complicates strategy if there is an idol involved

Well thought I would post this here since there are no threads about about season 35 or 36 yet. There had been a lot of speculation that season 36 was going to be another season of returnees. Thankfully that is not true. Both season 35 and 36 are to feature all new players:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-hits-500-jeff-probst-reflects-journey-game-changers-983097

"But I'm very excited about what we're doing for both seasons next year. We're pretty close to being done with casting. There are some amazing new people. We haven't shot a frame, but based on the people we have? I'm excited to get out there."

Martin Holmes (aka Redmond) tweeted this out today as well

For people wondering if Probst implied that 35/36 are both newbie seasons in his Wigler interivew, yes, 35/36 are both newbie seasons.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Ciera is the first boot?

Unless CBS has elaborately pulled one over on us, she's the only one unaccounted for after the first challenge.  That, and the fact that she seems to be someone everyone wants to get rid of early.  No idea if she's idoled out or goes out in a rock draw or if it's just a simple vote.

Jeff said that this season got off to a slow start because everyone was cautious (he compared it to Jaws), so my guess is she gets herself voted out.  Especially if she gives some "big moves" speech at TC.

Edited by LadyChatts
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Unless CBS has elaborately pulled one over on us, she's the only one unaccounted for after the first challenge.  That, and the fact that she seems to be someone everyone wants to get rid of early.  No idea if she's idoled out or goes out in a rock draw or if it's just a simple vote.

Jeff said that this season got off to a slow start because everyone was cautious (he compared it to Jaws), so my guess is she gets herself voted out.  Especially if she gives some "big moves" speech at TC.

I read the Jaws comparison and I don't get it. I recall Jaws starting with a woman getting attacked while swimming nude in the ocean at night and them finding her torso. 

• Love 1

Lots of spoiler activity going on at Sucks tonight. SurvivorsUnite is a poster over there who correctly spoiled the bootlist for HvV. Anyway he randomly started posting again tonight slowly revealing the bootlist for this season. As with all bootlists I am skeptical but like I said he correctly spoiled HvV in the past and he is allegedly either a friend or relative or Sandra.  Anyway...

20. Ciera

19. Tony

18. Caleb

I will update if he posts more names tonight.

• Love 5

I'm willing to believe Ciera is first, Caleb is pre merge due to his SnapChat activity, and Michaela is merge because of the photo of her wearing the yellow buff.  I'll believe the boot list if Tony or another pre merger goes 2nd.  The pre merge boots are depressing, and it's even more depressing that my faves get so close to the end, but are (allegedly) taken out by Sierra/Brad/Troyzan/Sarah.  So I'm hoping it's wrong on certain counts.  But I know these seasons are easier to spoil, so I'm inclined to believe it.

(edited)
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

Lots of spoiler activity going on at Sucks tonight. SurvivorsUnite is a poster over there who correctly spoiled the bootlist for HvV. Anyway he randomly started posting again tonight slowly revealing the bootlist for this season. As with all bootlists I am skeptical but like I said he correctly spoiled HvV in the past and he is allegedly either a friend or relative or Sandra.  Anyway...

20. Ciera

19. Tony

18. Caleb

He says all winners and pre-ASS are gone by the merge. Aubry has a hate on for the past winners, and actively works to get them out. Another reason for me to dislike Aubry. If true, I am thrilled that she doesn't get to Final 3. 

He hates the final 3. 

The thread is entitled "The Source Awakens", if you want to read it. I am not a member over there, but I check the spoiler threads before the season starts. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
(edited)

I didn't like when Jenna went after winners during the first AS, but after I thought about it and read comments, it made sense.  Obviously there is no bigger shield than Tony or Sandra this season (no on seems to really mention going after JT), so it would make sense to keep them around as long as possible.

But maybe not.  If people aren't targeting them, they might be coming after you.  We'll see.  I just hate the mentality "I hate them because they won."  But if Aubry didn't target them, someone else probably would.  I'm more intrigued why Ciera is actually the first boot.  And while it's disappointing that Varner is out early again, I'm not surprised.  He hasn't been featured much, but from what I have seen of him, he really doesn't look well.  I'm surprised he was able to get cleared to do this season.  A lot of Survivors not on this season are hyping it up as being great.  May not mean anything, but I am excited that the merge may be dominated by women.  But there must not be a girl's alliance, or someone flips, if it's true about Brad and Troyzan making it to the final 3.  I do hope he's right about the 2nd boot, though.  I like Tony more than most people here it seems, but Hali's being thrown around as a possible 2nd boot.  Her, Varner, Tony, and Debbie are unaccounted for after the 2nd challenge.  So it's going to be a long two hours.  And a really depressing premiere if I lose Ciera and Hali.

Here are some upcoming episode titles:

Ep 3: Survivor Jackpot

Ep 4: The Tables Have Turned

Ep 5: A Dirty Deed

Edited by LadyChatts

I am really on an emotional roller coaster.  Very excited Survivor is back, beyond depressed that all my favorites go early and I don't like the f3.  Another dislike Aubry here.  So I guess its a season of watching people I don't like banding together and dominating.  Well at least its Survivor.  

• Love 3